Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Japan
Publications582 found, 100 shown here
- Shiraki N, Higuchi Y, Harada S, Umeda K, Isagawa T, Aburatani H, et al. Differentiation and characterization of embryonic stem cells into three germ layers. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;381:694-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the M15 cell system provides a valuable tool for generating ES cell-derived lineage-specific cell types belonging to the three germ layers, namely neuroectoderm, mesoderm, and definitive endoderm...
- Morita M, Oike Y, Nagashima T, Kadomatsu T, Tabata M, Suzuki T, et al. Obesity resistance and increased hepatic expression of catabolism-related mRNAs in Cnot3+/- mice. EMBO J. 2011;30:4678-91 pubmed publisher..Finally, as CNOT3 levels in the liver and white adipose tissues decrease upon fasting, we propose that CNOT3 responds to feeding conditions to regulate deadenylation-specific mRNAs and energy metabolism. ..
- Ohta S, Hiraki Y, Shigeno C, Suzuki F, Kasai R, Ikeda T, et al. Bone morphogenetic proteins (BMP-2 and BMP-3) induce the late phase expression of the proto-oncogene c-fos in murine osteoblastic MC3T3-E1 cells. FEBS Lett. 1992;314:356-60 pubmed..These data suggest that in osteoblasts BMP-2 and BMP-3 induce the late phase expression of c-fos, which may play a role in transcriptional activation of the genes involved in differentiation of osteoblasts. ..
- Jippo T, Ushio H, Hirota S, Mizuno H, Yamatodani A, Nomura S, et al. Poor response of cultured mast cells derived from mi/mi mutant mice to nerve growth factor. Blood. 1994;84:2977-83 pubmed..Taken together, the poor response of mi/mi CMCs to NGF appeared to be attributable to the impaired transcription of the p75 gene. ..
- Nemoto Y, Ikeda J, Katoh K, Koshimoto H, Yoshihara Y, Mori K. R2D5 antigen: a calcium-binding phosphoprotein predominantly expressed in olfactory receptor neurons. J Cell Biol. 1993;123:963-76 pubmed..Furthermore our results indicate that olfactory receptor neurons and ependymal cells have certain signal transduction components in common, suggesting a novel physiological process in ependymal cells. ..
- Kuwabara K, Matsumoto M, Ikeda J, Hori O, Ogawa S, Maeda Y, et al. Purification and characterization of a novel stress protein, the 150-kDa oxygen-regulated protein (ORP150), from cultured rat astrocytes and its expression in ischemic mouse brain. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:5025-32 pubmed..This polypeptide, selectively expressed by astrocytes, may contribute to their adaptive response to ischemic stress, thereby ultimately contributing to enhanced survival of neurons. ..
- Yoshida K, Kondoh G, Matsuda Y, Habu T, Nishimune Y, Morita T. The mouse RecA-like gene Dmc1 is required for homologous chromosome synapsis during meiosis. Mol Cell. 1998;1:707-18 pubmed..In rare cases, however, we observed complex pairing among nonhomologs. Thus, the mouse Dmc1 gene is required for homologous synapsis of chromosomes in meiosis. ..
- Nishinakamura R, Matsumoto Y, Nakao K, Nakamura K, Sato A, Copeland N, et al. Murine homolog of SALL1 is essential for ureteric bud invasion in kidney development. Development. 2001;128:3105-15 pubmed..Sall1 is therefore essential for ureteric bud invasion, the initial key step for metanephros development. ..
- Abe M, Shibata K, Saruwatar S, Soeda S, Shimeno H, Katsuragi T. cDNA cloning and expression of rat leukotriene C(4) synthase: elevated expression in rat basophilic leukemia-1 cells after treatment with retinoic acid. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2002;67:319-26 pubmed..This cDNA probe and antibody may be useful for investigating the roles of cysLTs in various experimental models of rats. ..
- Kobayashi T, Tahara Y, Matsumoto M, Iguchi M, Sano H, Murayama T, et al. Roles of thromboxane A(2) and prostacyclin in the development of atherosclerosis in apoE-deficient mice. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:784-94 pubmed..We conclude that TXA2 promotes and PGI2 prevents the initiation and progression of atherogenesis through control of platelet activation and leukocyte-endothelial cell interaction. ..
- Onimaru H, Arata A, Arata S, Shirasawa S, Cleary M. In vitro visualization of respiratory neuron activity in the newborn mouse ventral medulla. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2004;153:275-9 pubmed..Such an activity pattern was not clearly detected in Pbx3-/- mouse preparations. The difference in the spatio-temporal pattern between Tlx3-/- and Pbx3-/- suggests different levels of functional disorder of the respiratory center. ..
- Shibamoto T, Cui S, Ruan Z, Kurata Y. Effects of norepinephrine and histamine on vascular resistance in isolated perfused mouse liver. Jpn J Physiol. 2005;55:143-8 pubmed..In conclusion, the presinusoidal and postsinusoidal resistances of mouse livers were similar in magnitude. The presinusoidal vessels predominantly contract in response to norepinephrine and histamine in mouse livers...
- Yoshihara S, Kon A, Kudo D, Nakazawa H, Kakizaki I, Sasaki M, et al. A hyaluronan synthase suppressor, 4-methylumbelliferone, inhibits liver metastasis of melanoma cells. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:2722-6 pubmed..These HA knock-down mice displayed suppressed liver metastasis. Thus, both cell surface HA of melanoma cells and recipient liver HA can promote liver metastasis, indicating that MU has potential as an anti-metastatic agent. ..
- Suzuki Y, Aoki K, Saito H, Umeda M, Nitta H, Baron R, et al. A tumor necrosis factor-alpha antagonist inhibits inflammatory bone resorption induced by Porphyromonas gingivalis infection in mice. J Periodontal Res. 2006;41:81-91 pubmed..These results suggest that the strategy for the design to reduce the molecular size of the TNF-alpha antagonists would be beneficial for the treatment of local inflammatory bone loss induced by periodontal-pathogen infection. ..
- Matsumoto S, Yamazaki C, Masumoto K, Nagano M, Naito M, Soga T, et al. Abnormal development of the olfactory bulb and reproductive system in mice lacking prokineticin receptor PKR2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:4140-5 pubmed..Our current findings demonstrated that physiological activation of PKR2 is essential for normal development of the OB and sexual maturation...
- Suzuki R, Kohno H, Yasui Y, Hata K, Sugie S, Miyamoto S, et al. Diet supplemented with citrus unshiu segment membrane suppresses chemically induced colonic preneoplastic lesions and fatty liver in male db/db mice. Int J Cancer. 2007;120:252-8 pubmed
- Hisano Y, Kobayashi N, Kawahara A, Yamaguchi A, Nishi T. The sphingosine 1-phosphate transporter, SPNS2, functions as a transporter of the phosphorylated form of the immunomodulating agent FTY720. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:1758-66 pubmed publisher..Moreover, FTY720-P is transported by SPNS2 through the same pathway as S1P. This is the first identification of an FTY720-P transporter in cells; this finding is important for understanding FTY720 metabolism. ..
- Umemori J, Takao K, Koshimizu H, Hattori S, Furuse T, Wakana S, et al. ENU-mutagenesis mice with a non-synonymous mutation in Grin1 exhibit abnormal anxiety-like behaviors, impaired fear memory, and decreased acoustic startle response. BMC Res Notes. 2013;6:203 pubmed publisher..Although Grin1(Rgsc174)/Grin1+ mice only partially recapitulate symptoms of patients with ADHD, schizophrenia, and bipolar disorder, they may serve as a unique animal model of a certain subpopulation of patients with these disorders. ..
- Kaufman D, Papillon J, Larose L, Iwawaki T, Cybulsky A. Deletion of inositol-requiring enzyme-1? in podocytes disrupts glomerular capillary integrity and autophagy. Mol Biol Cell. 2017;28:1636-1651 pubmed publisher..Thus IRE1? is essential for maintaining podocyte and glomerular integrity as mice age and in glomerulonephritis. The mechanism is related, at least in part, to the maintenance of autophagy in podocytes. ..
- Myojin K, Hiroi T, Ikeda H, Kodama H. Sulfur amino acid levels and related enzyme activities in various brain regions (and other tissues) in normal mice and rolling mice Nagoya. Acta Med Okayama. 1992;46:401-5 pubmed..Cystathionine beta-synthase and cystathionine gamma-lyase activities in the liver, kidney, and pancreas were almost the same in both the normal mice and rolling mice Nagoya. ..
- Imada K, Takaori Kondo A, Akagi T, Shimotohno K, Sugamura K, Hattori T, et al. Tumorigenicity of human T-cell leukemia virus type I-infected cell lines in severe combined immunodeficient mice and characterization of the cells proliferating in vivo. Blood. 1995;86:2350-7 pubmed
- Sakamoto K, Ishida N. Molecular cloning of serotonin N-acetyltransferase gene from the mouse and its daily expression in the retina. Neurosci Lett. 1998;250:181-4 pubmed..These findings suggest that the expression mechanism of AA-NAT transcripts in the mouse retina may be different from those in other mammals, where a single transcript of AA-NAT is normally observed in Northern blots. ..
- Nakamura E, Kadomatsu K, Yuasa S, Muramatsu H, Mamiya T, Nabeshima T, et al. Disruption of the midkine gene (Mdk) resulted in altered expression of a calcium binding protein in the hippocampus of infant mice and their abnormal behaviour. Genes Cells. 1998;3:811-22 pubmed..Midkine plays an important role in the regulation of postnatal development of the hippocampus. ..
- Ohtani K, Iwanaga R, Nakamura M, Ikeda M, Yabuta N, Tsuruga H, et al. Cell growth-regulated expression of mammalian MCM5 and MCM6 genes mediated by the transcription factor E2F. Oncogene. 1999;18:2299-309 pubmed..Our results demonstrated that the growth-regulated expression of mammalian MCM5 and MCM6 genes, and presumably other MCM members, is primarily regulated by E2F through binding to multiple E2F sites in the promoters. ..
- Sugiura K, Hisha H, Ishikawa J, Adachi Y, Taketani S, Lee S, et al. Major histocompatibility complex restriction between hematopoietic stem cells and stromal cells in vitro. Stem Cells. 2001;19:46-58 pubmed..The enhancement of cytokine expression was also observed when stromal cells and HSCs were MHC-matched. These results suggest that signaling via the MHC molecules augments stromal cell activity and elicits the MHC restriction. ..
- Nishimatsu H, Hirata Y, Shindo T, Kurihara H, Kakoki M, Nagata D, et al. Role of endogenous adrenomedullin in the regulation of vascular tone and ischemic renal injury: studies on transgenic/knockout mice of adrenomedullin gene. Circ Res. 2002;90:657-63 pubmed..AM is likely to protect renal tissues from ischemia/reperfusion injury through its NO releasing activity. ..
- Nakao Y, Motomura M, Fukudome T, Fukuda T, Shiraishi H, Yoshimura T, et al. Seronegative Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome: study of 110 Japanese patients. Neurology. 2002;59:1773-5 pubmed..The results of passive transfer experiments suggest that seronegative LEMS is also an autoantibody-mediated disorder. ..
- Yamamoto K, Sonoda M. Self-interaction of heterochromatin protein 1 is required for direct binding to histone methyltransferase, SUV39H1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;301:287-92 pubmed..It seems that self-interaction through the chromo shadow domain of HP1 is crucial for recruitment of SUV39H1 onto nucleosomes. ..
- Park C, Kurobe T, Hirono I, Aoki T. Cloning and characterization of cDNAs for two distinct tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily genes from Japanese flounder Paralichthys olivaceus. Dev Comp Immunol. 2003;27:365-75 pubmed..35 microg/ml) for 3 h. The different expression patterns of the two distinct TNFR homologues may be critical in determining whether binding with TNF-alpha or TNF-beta have activating, proliferative, or apoptotic effects on target cells. ..
- Sato M, Iwaya R, Ogihara K, Sawahata R, Kitani H, Chiba J, et al. Intrabodies against the EVH1 domain of Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein inhibit T cell receptor signaling in transgenic mice T cells. FEBS J. 2005;272:6131-44 pubmed..The novel procedure presented here is a valuable tool for in vivo functional analysis of cytosolic proteins. ..
- Akashi Takamura S, Furuta T, Takahashi K, Tanimura N, Kusumoto Y, Kobayashi T, et al. Agonistic antibody to TLR4/MD-2 protects mice from acute lethal hepatitis induced by TNF-alpha. J Immunol. 2006;176:4244-51 pubmed..These results demonstrated that an agonistic mAb to TLR4/MD-2 protected mice from LPS/d-galactosamine-induced acute lethal hepatitis by delivering a protective signal activating NF-kappaB through TLR4/MD-2. ..
- Iida K, Itoh K, Maher J, Kumagai Y, Oyasu R, Mori Y, et al. Nrf2 and p53 cooperatively protect against BBN-induced urinary bladder carcinogenesis. Carcinogenesis. 2007;28:2398-403 pubmed..These results thus reveal potential interactions between p53 and Nrf2 and their gene batteries, and indicate that both factors cooperatively contribute to tumor prevention. ..
- Mitsutake S, Yokose U, Kato M, Matsuoka I, Yoo J, Kim T, et al. The generation and behavioral analysis of ceramide kinase-null mice, indicating a function in cerebellar Purkinje cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:519-24 pubmed..Our findings suggest that CerK is not necessary for survival at an individual level, but might be involved in higher brain function related to emotion. ..
- Yoneda Kato N, Kato J. Shuttling imbalance of MLF1 results in p53 instability and increases susceptibility to oncogenic transformation. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:422-34 pubmed..Thus, our results provide important evidence that the shuttling of MLF1 is critical for the regulation of cell proliferation and a disturbance in the shuttling balance increases the cell's susceptibility to oncogenic transformation. ..
- Yonetoku Y, Kubota H, Miyazaki Y, Okamoto Y, Funatsu M, Yoshimura Ishikawa N, et al. Novel potent and selective Ca2+ release-activated Ca2+ (CRAC) channel inhibitors. Part 3: synthesis and CRAC channel inhibitory activity of 4'-[(trifluoromethyl)pyrazol-1-yl]carboxanilides. Bioorg Med Chem. 2008;16:9457-66 pubmed publisher..Another acted as an inhibitor for both T lymphocyte activation-induced diseases and ovalbumin-induced airway eosinophilia in rats (ED(50)=1.3 mg/kg) p.o. ..
- Ongol M, Iguchi T, Tanaka M, Sone T, Ikeda H, Asano K, et al. Potential of selected strains of lactic acid bacteria to induce a Th1 immune profile. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:2847-57 pubmed..These two strains could therefore be used in producing fermented food products that can enhance the Th1 immune profile which is important in ameliorating allergy. ..
- Uenishi H, Eguchi Ogawa T, Toki D, Morozumi T, Tanaka Matsuda M, Shinkai H, et al. Genomic sequence encoding diversity segments of the pig TCR delta chain gene demonstrates productivity of highly diversified repertoire. Mol Immunol. 2009;46:1212-21 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that the pig is able to generate a highly diversified repertoire of TCR delta chain molecules. ..
- Higaki S, Watanabe K, Itahashi M, Shimomura Y. Cyclooxygenase (COX)-inhibiting drug reduces HSV-1 reactivation in the mouse eye model. Curr Eye Res. 2009;34:171-6 pubmed publisher..033). None of the three drug-treated groups showed any significant difference from the saline group in the viral DNA in the eyes and TGs (p > 0.05). Bromfenac Na eye drops can suppress HSV-1 reactivation. ..
- Iskandar K, Cao Y, Hayashi Y, Nakata M, Takano E, Yada T, et al. PDK-1/FoxO1 pathway in POMC neurons regulates Pomc expression and food intake. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2010;298:E787-98 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a requirement for PDK-1 and FoxO1 in transcriptional regulation of Pomc and food intake. ..
- Hasegawa M, Kawai K, Mitsui T, Taniguchi K, Monnai M, Wakui M, et al. The reconstituted 'humanized liver' in TK-NOG mice is mature and functional. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;405:405-10 pubmed publisher..This novel in vivo system provides an optimized platform for studying human liver physiology, including drug metabolism, toxicology, or liver regeneration. ..
- Ishisaka M, Kakefuda K, Yamauchi M, Tsuruma K, Shimazawa M, Tsuruta A, et al. Luteolin shows an antidepressant-like effect via suppressing endoplasmic reticulum stress. Biol Pharm Bull. 2011;34:1481-6 pubmed..These findings indicate that luteolin has antidepressant-like effects, partly due to the suppression of endoplasmic reticulum stress. ..
- Osawa Y, Suetsugu A, Matsushima Nishiwaki R, Yasuda I, Saibara T, Moriwaki H, et al. Liver acid sphingomyelinase inhibits growth of metastatic colon cancer. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:834-43 pubmed publisher..Targeting ASM may represent a new therapeutic strategy for treating liver metastasis of colon cancer. ..
- Gotoh K, Masaki T, Chiba S, Ando H, Fujiwara K, Shimasaki T, et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor, corticotropin-releasing factor, and hypothalamic neuronal histamine interact to regulate feeding behavior. J Neurochem. 2013;125:588-98 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that CRF and hypothalamic neuronal histamine mediate the suppressive effects of BDNF on feeding behavior and body weight...
- Kitada M, Koya D. The use of calorie restriction mimetics to study aging. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;1048:95-107 pubmed publisher..In this chapter, we focus on candidate CRMs including sirtuin-activating compounds (STACs) and mTOR inhibitors, their slowing of aging, and methods for evaluation of lifespan and metabolic disorders. ..
- Yamamoto R, Morita Y, Ooehara J, Hamanaka S, Onodera M, Rudolph K, et al. Clonal analysis unveils self-renewing lineage-restricted progenitors generated directly from hematopoietic stem cells. Cell. 2013;154:1112-1126 pubmed publisher..Our results show that loss of self-renewal and stepwise progression through specific differentiation stages are not essential for lineage commitment of HSCs and suggest a revised model of hematopoietic differentiation. ..
- Emi K, Kakegawa W, Miura E, Ito Ishida A, Kohda K, Yuzaki M. Reevaluation of the role of parallel fiber synapses in delay eyeblink conditioning in mice using Cbln1 as a tool. Front Neural Circuits. 2013;7:180 pubmed publisher..In contrast, extracerebellar structures or remaining PF-PC synapses in cbln1(-/-) mice may be sufficient for the expression, maintenance, and extinction of its memory trace. ..
- Tarui M, Shindou H, Kumagai K, Morimoto R, Harayama T, Hashidate T, et al. Selective inhibitors of a PAF biosynthetic enzyme lysophosphatidylcholine acyltransferase 2. J Lipid Res. 2014;55:1386-96 pubmed publisher..The identified compounds and their derivatives will contribute to the development of novel drugs for PAF-related diseases and facilitate the analysis of LPCAT2 functions in phospholipid metabolism in vivo. ..
- Hu X, Cheng D, Li K, Wang L, Yang X, Sun S, et al. Glucose consumption and alpha-glucosidase inhibitory activities of aqueous root extract of Helicteres angustifolia. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2016;20:1423-9 pubmed
- Ohwada K. Permanent marking of colored mice using dry ice. Jikken Dobutsu. 1991;40:395-9 pubmed..Treatment of the animals with dry ice for 10 seconds has no discernible effects on the site of the treatment or the general condition of the animals...
- Mitsuma T, Adachi K, Mukoyama M, Ando K. Pro-thyrotropin-releasing hormone concentrations in the brain of ataxic mice. J Neurol Sci. 1990;98:163-7 pubmed..These findings suggest that changes in pro-TRH concentrations in the brain may play a pathophysiological role in ataxic mice. ..
- Matsubara S, Tomomura M, Kadomatsu K, Muramatsu T. Structure of a retinoic acid-responsive gene, MK, which is transiently activated during the differentiation of embryonal carcinoma cells and the mid-gestation period of mouse embryogenesis. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:9441-3 pubmed..Then, there was a sequence common to all MK cDNAs consisting of four exons. The results indicate that different species of MK mRNA are generated by the use of alternative promoters and different modes of splicing. ..
- Deguchi T, Sakamoto Y, Sasaki Y, Uyemura K. Arylamine N-acetyltransferase from chicken liver. I. Monoclonal antibodies, immunoaffinity purification, and amino acid sequences. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:7528-33 pubmed..The purified protein was subjected to digestion by lysylendopeptidase and separated by high performance liquid chromatography. Partial amino acid sequences of three peptides were determined by a gas-phase sequence analyzer. ..
- Ji Y, Matsushita M, Okada H, Fujita T, Kawakami M. The C4 and C2 but not C1 components of complement are responsible for the complement activation triggered by the Ra-reactive factor. J Immunol. 1988;141:4271-5 pubmed..Activities of C4 and C2 remained on the sensitized cells even after washing the cells, suggesting that the classical C3 convertase, C4b2a, is generated on the RaRF-sensitized ELPS. ..
- Ihara N, Kokufu T, Sugioka N, Ohta T, Nosaka K. Inhibitory effect of diltiazem on diazepam metabolism in the mouse hepatic microsomes. Biol Pharm Bull. 1993;16:331-3 pubmed..8 microM, indicating that diltiazem exhibits an inhibitory effect on the hepatic oxidative metabolism of diazepam. It was therefore suggested that diltiazem may impair the metabolism of diazepam in vivo. ..
- Watakabe A, Tanaka K, Shimura Y. The role of exon sequences in splice site selection. Genes Dev. 1993;7:407-18 pubmed..We designate such a sequence as exon recognition sequence (ERS). ..
- Saegusa H, Takahashi N, Noguchi S, Suemori H. Targeted disruption in the mouse Hoxc-4 locus results in axial skeleton homeosis and malformation of the xiphoid process. Dev Biol. 1996;174:55-64 pubmed..Although Hoxc-4 is expressed abundantly in the central nervous system, no obvious defects were observed. These results suggest that Hoxc-4 is required for specifying cervical and thoracic vertebral identity. ..
- Iwano M, Ueno S, Miyazaki M, Harada T, Nagai Y, Hirano M, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of a novel peptide (LN1) gene: reduced expression in the renal cortex of lupus nephritis in MRL/lpr mouse. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;229:355-60 pubmed..Although the function of LN1 remains to be elucidated, its reduced expression may contribute to the pathogenesis of lupus nephritis. ..
- Kim J, Mizoguchi Y, Yamaguchi H, Enami J, Sakai S. Removal of milk by suckling acutely increases the prolactin receptor gene expression in the lactating mouse mammary gland. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1997;131:31-8 pubmed..From these observations. it was concluded that the removal of milk acutely increases the level of PRL-R(L) mRNA during lactation. ..
- Okada T, Amanuma H, Okada Y, Obata M, Hayashi Y, Yamaguchi K, et al. Inhibition of gene expression from the human c-erbB gene promoter by a retroviral vector expressing anti-gene RNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;240:203-7 pubmed..Retroviral vector expressing anti-gene RNA may be useful as an alternative program of gene regulation in the cells. ..
- Ueno A, Arakawa F, Abe H, Matsumoto H, Kudo T, Asano R, et al. T-cell immunotherapy for human MK-1-expressing tumors using a fusion protein of the superantigen SEA and anti-MK-1 scFv antibody. Anticancer Res. 2002;22:769-76 pubmed..This genetically engineered SEA/FUscFv fusion protein may serve as a potentially useful immunotherapeutic reagent for human MK-1-expressing tumors. ..
- Katoh M, Katoh M. Recombination cluster around FGFR2-WDR11-HTPAPL locus on human chromosome 10q26. Int J Mol Med. 2003;11:579-83 pubmed..Therefore, comparative genomics might be applicable to identification of recombination hot spots and genes related to cancer. ..
- Katoh M, Katoh M. Identification and characterization of human FOXN6, mouse Foxn6, and rat Foxn6 genes in silico. Int J Oncol. 2004;25:219-23 pubmed..This is the first report on human FOXN6, mouse Foxn6, and rat Foxn6 genes. ..
- Ohta T, Iwakawa M, Oohira C, Noda S, Minfu Y, Goto M, et al. Fractionated irradiation augments inter-strain variation of skin reactions among three strains of mice. J Radiat Res. 2004;45:515-9 pubmed..Our data suggest that genetic factors cause obvious variations in severity of damage and latent period after fractionated irradiation. ..
- Kitagawa A, Nakayama T, Takenaga M, Matsumoto K, Tokura Y, Ohta Y, et al. Lecithinized brain-derived neurotrophic factor promotes the differentiation of embryonic stem cells in vitro and in vivo. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;328:1051-7 pubmed..Furthermore, PC-BDNF-treated cells could be useful for transplantation therapy for central nervous system injuries. ..
- Kuramoto Y, Hata K, Koyanagi S, Ohdo S, Shimeno H, Soeda S. Circadian regulation of mouse topoisomerase I gene expression by glucocorticoid hormones. Biochem Pharmacol. 2006;71:1155-61 pubmed
- Takahashi E, Sagane K, Oki T, Yamazaki K, Nagasu T, Kuromitsu J. Deficits in spatial learning and motor coordination in ADAM11-deficient mice. BMC Neurosci. 2006;7:19 pubmed..Thus, ADAM11 might play an important signalling or structural role as a cell adhesion molecule at the synapse, and may thus participate in synaptic regulation underlying behavioural changes. ..
- Tomimoto S, Ojika T, Shintani N, Hashimoto H, Hamagami K, Ikeda K, et al. Markedly reduced white adipose tissue and increased insulin sensitivity in adcyap1-deficient mice. J Pharmacol Sci. 2008;107:41-8 pubmed
- Fujisawa T, Sugiyama M, Tomimoto A, Wada K, Endo H, Takahashi H, et al. Inhibition of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma promotes tumorigenesis through activation of the beta-catenin / T cell factor (TCF) pathway in the mouse intestine. J Pharmacol Sci. 2008;108:535-44 pubmed..beta-Catenin contributes to the promotion of tumorigenesis by PPARgamma antagonist due to activation of TCF/LEF (lymphoid enhancer factor) transcriptional factor. ..
- Matsumoto K, Obara N, Ema M, Horie M, Naka A, Takahashi S, et al. Antitumor effects of 2-oxoglutarate through inhibition of angiogenesis in a murine tumor model. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:1639-47 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that 2-OX is a promising anti-angiogenic therapeutic agent. ..
- Nakajima S, Ohsawa I, Ohta S, Ohno M, Mikami T. Regular voluntary exercise cures stress-induced impairment of cognitive function and cell proliferation accompanied by increases in cerebral IGF-1 and GST activity in mice. Behav Brain Res. 2010;211:178-84 pubmed publisher..This exercise-induced improvement was attributed to exercise-induced enhancement of IGF-1 protein and GST activity in the brain. ..
- Inoue K, Koike E, Takano H. Comprehensive analysis of elastase-induced pulmonary emphysema in mice: effects of ambient existing particulate matters. Int Immunopharmacol. 2010;10:1380-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this bioassay may be applied to future investigations that evaluate new therapeutic agents or risk factors for pulmonary emphysema. ..
- Kanazawa T, Ichii O, Otsuka S, Namiki Y, Hashimoto Y, Kon Y. Hepatocyte nuclear factor 4 alpha is associated with mesenchymal-epithelial transition in developing kidneys of C57BL/6 mice. J Vet Med Sci. 2011;73:601-7 pubmed..These results, and those of previous findings, indicate that Hnf4? protein is associated with the initiation of MET in early nephrogenesis. ..
- Somekawa S, Imagawa K, Hayashi H, Sakabe M, Ioka T, Sato G, et al. Tmem100, an ALK1 receptor signaling-dependent gene essential for arterial endothelium differentiation and vascular morphogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:12064-9 pubmed publisher..These data indicated that TMEM100 may play indispensable roles downstream of BMP9/BMP10-ALK1 signaling during endothelial differentiation and vascular morphogenesis. ..
- Murakami M, Horibe H, Iohara K, Hayashi Y, Osako Y, Takei Y, et al. The use of granulocyte-colony stimulating factor induced mobilization for isolation of dental pulp stem cells with high regenerative potential. Biomaterials. 2013;34:9036-47 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this isolation method for DPSCs subsets is safe and efficacious, having utility for potential clinical applications to autologous cell transplantation...
- Mizunuma M, Norimoto H, Tao K, Egawa T, Hanaoka K, Sakaguchi T, et al. Unbalanced excitability underlies offline reactivation of behaviorally activated neurons. Nat Neurosci. 2014;17:503-5 pubmed publisher..During SWs, the reactivated neurons received strong excitatory synaptic inputs as opposed to a globally tuned network balance between excitation and inhibition. ..
- Yamasaki A, Onishi H, Imaizumi A, Kawamoto M, Fujimura A, Oyama Y, et al. Protein-bound Polysaccharide-K Inhibits Hedgehog Signaling Through Down-regulation of MAML3 and RBPJ Transcription Under Hypoxia, Suppressing the Malignant Phenotype in Pancreatic Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3945-52 pubmed..Our results may lead to development of new treatments for refractory pancreatic cancer using PSK as a Hedgehog inhibitor. ..
- Saga Y, Yagi T, Ikawa Y, Sakakura T, Aizawa S. Mice develop normally without tenascin. Genes Dev. 1992;6:1821-31 pubmed..The existence of these mutant mice, lacking tenascin yet phenotypically normal, casts doubt on the theory that tenascin plays and essential role in normal development. ..
- Nakahira K, Ikenaka K, Wada K, Tamura T, Furuichi T, Mikoshiba K. Structure of the 68-kDa neurofilament gene and regulation of its expression. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:19786-91 pubmed..These data suggest that the strong promoter activity of the NF-L gene is repressed in vivo at the transcription initiation level in a tissue-specific manner. ..
- Hirata M, Kakizuka A, Aizawa M, Ushikubi F, Narumiya S. Molecular characterization of a mouse prostaglandin D receptor and functional expression of the cloned gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:11192-6 pubmed..Northern blotting analysis with mouse poly(A)+ RNA identified a major mRNA species of 3.5 kb that was most abundantly expressed in the ileum, followed by lung, stomach, and uterus. ..
- Masumoto N, Ikebuchi Y, Tahara M, Yokoi T, Tasaka K, Miyake A, et al. Expression of Rab3A in the cortical region in mouse metaphase II eggs. J Exp Zool. 1998;280:91-6 pubmed..However, it was not detected at the three- or four-cell stage 40 hr after fertilization. These results suggest that Rab3A may function with Rabphilin-3A in CG exocytosis. ..
- Anzai K, Nagafuchi S, Niho Y, Kikuchi M, Ono J. Beta2-glycoprotein I-dependent and -independent anticardiolipin antibody in non-obese diabetic (NOD) mice. Clin Exp Immunol. 1998;111:173-80 pubmed..In conclusion, aCL with multiple antigenic specificity were produced in NOD mice along with the development of insulitis and diabetes. NOD mice should thus be added to the list of animal models possessing antiphospholipid antibody. ..
- Kitano Y, Kurihara H, Kurihara Y, Maemura K, Ryo Y, Yazaki Y, et al. Gene expression of bone matrix proteins and endothelin receptors in endothelin-1-deficient mice revealed by in situ hybridization. J Bone Miner Res. 1998;13:237-44 pubmed..We conclude that ET-1 may regulate proliferation and migration of osteogenic cells in the maxillofacial region, rather than modulating the expression level of ON and OP mRNAs. ..
- Yamazaki K, Mizui Y, Sagane K, Tanaka I. Genetic mapping of mouse tumor necrosis factor-alpha converting enzyme (TACE) to chromosome 12. Genomics. 1998;49:336-7 pubmed
- Miyazaki N, Furuyama T, Sakai T, Fujioka S, Mori T, Ohoka Y, et al. Developmental localization of semaphorin H messenger RNA acting as a collapsing factor on sensory axons in the mouse brain. Neuroscience. 1999;93:401-8 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that mouse semaphorin H can function as a chemorepellent to guide sensory peripheral nerves, most likely via neuropilin as a receptor. ..
- Wadhwa R, Sugihara T, Hasan M, Taira K, Reddel R, Kaul S. A major functional difference between the mouse and human ARF tumor suppressor proteins. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36665-70 pubmed..In view of the major role of ARF in tumor suppression, this distinction may contribute to the different levels of tumor proneness of these species. ..
- Tanaka Y, Yoshikawa M, Kobayashi Y, Kuroda M, Kaito M, Shiroi A, et al. Expressions of hepatobiliary organic anion transporters and bilirubin-conjugating enzyme in differentiating embryonic stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;309:324-30 pubmed