Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Italy
Publications701 found, 100 shown here
- Bandi E, Bernareggi A, Grandolfo M, Mozzetta C, Augusti Tocco G, Ruzzier F, et al. Autocrine activation of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors contributes to Ca2+ spikes in mouse myotubes during myogenesis. J Physiol. 2005;568:171-80 pubmed..This led us to hypothesize a possible functional role for the autocrine activation of the nAChRs. By triggering mechanical activity, such activation could represent a strategy to ensure the trophism of myotubes in the absence of nerves. ..
- Grimaldi C, Pisanti S, Laezza C, Malfitano A, Santoro A, Vitale M, et al. Anandamide inhibits adhesion and migration of breast cancer cells. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:363-73 pubmed
- Marcello E, Gardoni F, Mauceri D, Romorini S, Jeromin A, Epis R, et al. Synapse-associated protein-97 mediates alpha-secretase ADAM10 trafficking and promotes its activity. J Neurosci. 2007;27:1682-91 pubmed..Our findings indicate that glutamatergic synapse activation through NMDA receptor promotes the non-amyloidogenic APP cleavage, strengthening the correlation between APP metabolism and synaptic plasticity. ..
- Ceriani M, Scandiuzzi C, Amigoni L, Tisi R, Berruti G, Martegani E. Functional analysis of RalGPS2, a murine guanine nucleotide exchange factor for RalA GTPase. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:2293-307 pubmed..Finally, RalGPS2 and its GEF domain induce Ras-independent transcriptional activation of the c-fos promoter in NIH3T3 cells. ..
- Costa C, Barberis L, Ambrogio C, Manazza A, Patrucco E, Azzolino O, et al. Negative feedback regulation of Rac in leukocytes from mice expressing a constitutively active phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase gamma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:14354-9 pubmed
- Codolo G, Mazzi P, Amedei A, Del Prete G, Berton G, D Elios M, et al. The neutrophil-activating protein of Helicobacter pylori down-modulates Th2 inflammation in ovalbumin-induced allergic asthma. Cell Microbiol. 2008;10:2355-63 pubmed publisher..These results identify HP-NAP as a candidate for novel strategies of prevention and treatment of allergic diseases. ..
- Vecchione C, Frati A, Di Pardo A, Cifelli G, Carnevale D, Gentile M, et al. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha mediates hemolysis-induced vasoconstriction and the cerebral vasospasm evoked by subarachnoid hemorrhage. Hypertension. 2009;54:150-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results demonstrate that tumor necrosis factor-alpha plays a crucial role in the onset of hemolysis-induced vascular injury and can be used as a novel target of the therapeutic strategy against cerebral vasospasm. ..
- Panfoli I, Calzia D, Ravera S, Bianchini P, Diaspro A. Immunochemical or fluorescent labeling of vesicular subcellular fractions for microscopy imaging. Microsc Res Tech. 2010;73:1086-90 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the technique seems adequate to become an instrument to study the structure and the function of these and other subcellular fractions. ..
- Colombo E, Cordiglieri C, Melli G, Newcombe J, Krumbholz M, Parada L, et al. Stimulation of the neurotrophin receptor TrkB on astrocytes drives nitric oxide production and neurodegeneration. J Exp Med. 2012;209:521-35 pubmed publisher..NO synthesis in the central nervous system during EAE depended on astrocyte TrkB. Together, these findings suggest that TrkB expression on astrocytes may represent a new target for neuroprotective therapies in MS. ..
- Romei C, Raiteri M, Raiteri L. GABA transporters mediate glycine release from cerebellum nerve endings: roles of Ca(2+)channels, mitochondrial Na(+)/Ca(2+) exchangers, vesicular GABA/glycine transporters and anion channels. Neurochem Int. 2012;61:133-40 pubmed publisher..Glial GABA release mediated by anion channels was proposed to underlie tonic inhibition in the cerebellum; the present results suggest that glycine release by neuronal anion channels also might contribute to tonic inhibition. ..
- Lassi G, Ball S, Maggi S, Colonna G, Nieus T, Cero C, et al. Loss of Gnas imprinting differentially affects REM/NREM sleep and cognition in mice. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002706 pubmed publisher..Conversely, biallelic expression of Gnas reinforces slow wave activity in NREM sleep, and this results in a reduction of uncertainty in temporal decision-making processes. ..
- Turco M, Furia L, Dietze A, Fernandez Diaz L, Ronzoni S, Sciullo A, et al. Cellular heterogeneity during embryonic stem cell differentiation to epiblast stem cells is revealed by the ShcD/RaLP adaptor protein. Stem Cells. 2012;30:2423-36 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data reveal ShcD as an important modulator in the switch of key pathway(s) involved in determining EpiSC identity. ..
- Cesca M, Morosi L, Berndt A, Fuso Nerini I, Frapolli R, Richter P, et al. Bevacizumab-Induced Inhibition of Angiogenesis Promotes a More Homogeneous Intratumoral Distribution of Paclitaxel, Improving the Antitumor Response. Mol Cancer Ther. 2016;15:125-35 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the changes in the tumor microenvironment architecture induced by bevacizumab, together with the better distribution of paclitaxel, may explain the significant antitumor potentiation by the combination. ..
- Buono P, Mancini F, Izzo P, Salvatore F. Characterization of the transcription-initiation site and of the promoter region within the 5' flanking region of the human aldolase C gene. Eur J Biochem. 1990;192:805-11 pubmed..Preliminary functional assays of the promoter by transfection into rat glioma cells have indicated that promoter elements lie between positions -161 and -416 from the start point of transcription. ..
- Pelicci G, Giordano S, Zhen Z, Salcini A, Lanfrancone L, Bardelli A, et al. The motogenic and mitogenic responses to HGF are amplified by the Shc adaptor protein. Oncogene. 1995;10:1631-8 pubmed..These data show that Shc is a relevant substrate of the HGF receptor, and works as an 'amplifier' of the motogenic as well as of the mitogenic response. ..
- Purrello M, Di Pietro C, Rapisarda A, Viola A, Corsaro C, Motta S, et al. Genomic localization of the human gene encoding Dr1, a negative modulator of transcription of class II and class III genes. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1996;75:186-9 pubmed
- Manenti G, Gariboldi M, Fiorino A, Zedda A, Pierotti M, Dragani T. Pas1 is a common lung cancer susceptibility locus in three mouse strains. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:801-4 pubmed..The intermediate susceptibility of the BALB/c strain would result by interaction of Pas1 locus with lung cancer resistance loci. ..
- Rampazzo C, Johansson M, Gallinaro L, Ferraro P, Hellman U, Karlsson A, et al. Mammalian 5'(3')-deoxyribonucleotidase, cDNA cloning, and overexpression of the enzyme in Escherichia coli and mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:5409-15 pubmed..Several polymerase chain reaction-based approaches to find this sequence met with no success. A mouse/human hybrid cDNA that had substituted the missing human 5'-end with the corresponding mouse sequence coded for a fully active enzyme. ..
- Nicassio F, Bianchi F, Capra M, Vecchi M, Confalonieri S, Bianchi M, et al. A cancer-specific transcriptional signature in human neoplasia. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:3015-25 pubmed..Furthermore, knockdown of SKIN caused selective growth suppression in overexpressing tumor cell lines but not in tumor lines expressing physiological levels of the transcript. Thus, SKIN is a candidate oncogene in human cancer. ..
- Borello U, Berarducci B, Murphy P, Bajard L, Buffa V, Piccolo S, et al. The Wnt/beta-catenin pathway regulates Gli-mediated Myf5 expression during somitogenesis. Development. 2006;133:3723-32 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that Myf5 is a direct target of Wnt/beta-catenin, and that its full activation requires a cooperative interaction between the canonical Wnt and the Shh/Gli pathways in muscle progenitor cells. ..
- Onofri F, Messa M, Matafora V, Bonanno G, Corradi A, Bachi A, et al. Synapsin phosphorylation by SRC tyrosine kinase enhances SRC activity in synaptic vesicles. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:15754-67 pubmed..We conclude that synapsin is an endogenous substrate and activator of synaptic vesicle-associated c-Src and that regulation of Src activity on synaptic vesicles participates in the regulation of neurotransmitter release by synapsin. ..
- Bonincontro A, Di Ilio V, Pedata O, Risuleo G. Dielectric properties of the plasma membrane of cultured murine fibroblasts treated with a nonterpenoid extract of Azadirachta indica seeds. J Membr Biol. 2007;215:75-9 pubmed..Our results show a structural/functional alteration of the plasma membrane with an evident increase of specific capacitance and conductance. The biological implications of this effect are discussed...
- Mazzucchelli S, De Palma A, Riva M, D Urzo A, Pozzi C, Pastori V, et al. Proteomic and biochemical analyses unveil tight interaction of ataxin-3 with tubulin. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;41:2485-92 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest an involvement of ataxin-3 in directing aggregated protein to aggresomes, and shed light on the mode of interaction among the different molecular partners participating in the process. ..
- Barbuti A, Galvez B, Crespi A, Scavone A, Baruscotti M, Brioschi C, et al. Mesoangioblasts from ventricular vessels can differentiate in vitro into cardiac myocytes with sinoatrial-like properties. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2010;48:415-23 pubmed publisher..These data represent the first evidence for in vitro generation of pacemaker-like myocytes from proliferating non-embryonic stem/progenitor cells. ..
- Gherzi R, Trabucchi M, Ponassi M, Gallouzi I, Rosenfeld M, Briata P. Akt2-mediated phosphorylation of Pitx2 controls Ccnd1 mRNA decay during muscle cell differentiation. Cell Death Differ. 2010;17:975-83 pubmed publisher..Upon Akt2-phosphorylation, the complex Pitx2/HuR/Ccnd1 mRNA dissociates and Ccnd1 mRNA is destabilized. These events contribute to the switch of C2C12 cells from a proliferating to a differentiating phenotype. ..
- Romei C, Di Prisco S, Raiteri M, Raiteri L. Glycine release provoked by disturbed Na?, Na? and Ca²? homeostasis in cerebellar nerve endings: roles of Ca²? channels, Na?/Ca²? exchangers and GlyT2 transporter reversal. J Neurochem. 2011;119:50-63 pubmed publisher..To conclude, ionic dysregulations typical of ischemia and epilepsy caused glycine release in cerebellum by multiple differential mechanisms that may represent potential therapeutic targets. ..
- Nazzaro C, Greco B, Cerovic M, Baxter P, Rubino T, Trusel M, et al. SK channel modulation rescues striatal plasticity and control over habit in cannabinoid tolerance. Nat Neurosci. 2012;15:284-93 pubmed publisher..In addition, SK channels emerge as molecular targets to fine tune the eCB pathway under pathological conditions. ..
- Chiabrando D, Fiorito V, Marro S, Silengo L, Altruda F, Tolosano E. Cell-specific regulation of Ferroportin transcription following experimentally-induced acute anemia in mice. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2013;50:25-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, hypoxia, by directly controlling hepcidin and its target FPN, orchestrates a complex regulatory network aimed at ensuring rapid iron recovery from the periphery and efficient iron utilization in the erythroid compartment. ..
- Sgadò P, Genovesi S, Kalinovsky A, Zunino G, Macchi F, Allegra M, et al. Loss of GABAergic neurons in the hippocampus and cerebral cortex of Engrailed-2 null mutant mice: implications for autism spectrum disorders. Exp Neurol. 2013;247:496-505 pubmed publisher..Our results raise the possibility of a link between altered function of En2, anatomical deficits of GABAergic forebrain neurons and the pathogenesis of ASD. ..
- Romano M, Di Menna L, Scarselli P, Mascio G, Madonna M, Notartomaso S, et al. Type-1, but Not Type-5, Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors are Coupled to Polyphosphoinositide Hydrolysis in the Retina. Neurochem Res. 2016;41:924-32 pubmed publisher..In addition, the mGlu1 receptor caters the potential as a drug target in the experimental treatment of degenerative disorders of the retina. ..
- Ma B, Day J, Phillips H, Slootsky B, Tolosano E, DorÃ© S. Deletion of the hemopexin or heme oxygenase-2 gene aggravates brain injury following stroma-free hemoglobin-induced intracerebral hemorrhage. J Neuroinflammation. 2016;13:26 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that microglial cells contribute to hemoglobin-heme clearance after ICH; however, the resultant iron overloads in microglia appear to decrease Iba1 expression and to further inhibit microglial phagocytosis. ..
- Morosi L, Giordano S, Falcetta F, Frapolli R, Licandro S, Matteo C, et al. Application of 3D Mass Spectrometry Imaging to TKIs. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2017;102:748-751 pubmed publisher..Here, we present the 3D visualization of the tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI), imatinib, in a xenograft model of resistant malignant pleural mesothelioma...
- Dianzani C, Colangelo D, Tonso E, Guidotto S, Viano I. In vivo antiviral effects of pidotimod. Arzneimittelforschung. 1994;44:1431-3 pubmed..On the basis of the known effects of pidotimod on immune system, this effect is due to an immunostimulating effect of this drug. ..
- Furlan R, Martino G, Galbiati F, Poliani P, Smiroldo S, Bergami A, et al. Caspase-1 regulates the inflammatory process leading to autoimmune demyelination. J Immunol. 1999;163:2403-9 pubmed..These results indicate that caspase-1 plays an important role in the early stage of the immune-mediated inflammatory process leading to EAE, thus representing a possible therapeutic target in the acute phase of relapsing remitting MS. ..
- Maccarrone M, Attina M, Bari M, Cartoni A, Ledent C, Finazzi Agro A. Anandamide degradation and N-acylethanolamines level in wild-type and CB1 cannabinoid receptor knockout mice of different ages. J Neurochem. 2001;78:339-48 pubmed..Minor differences were observed in AEA or 2-arachidonoylglycerol content in knockout versus wild-type mice, whereas the other compounds were lower in the hippocampus of knockout versus wild-type animals. ..
- Randazzo A, Bifulco G, Giannini C, Bucci M, Debitus C, Cirino G, et al. Halipeptins A and B: two novel potent anti-inflammatory cyclic depsipeptides from the Vanuatu marine sponge Haliclona species. J Am Chem Soc. 2001;123:10870-6 pubmed..Halipeptin A was found to possess very potent anti-inflammatory activity in vivo, causing about 60% inhibition of edema in mice at the dose of 300 microg/kg (i.p.). ..
- Battaglia G, Fornai F, Busceti C, Lembo G, Nicoletti F, De Blasi A. Alpha-1B adrenergic receptor knockout mice are protected against methamphetamine toxicity. J Neurochem. 2003;86:413-21 pubmed..Pharmacological blockade of alpha-adrenergic receptors with prazosin also protected wild-type mice against MA toxicity. These results suggests that alpha1b-ARs may play a role in the toxicity of MA on nigro-striatal DA neurons. ..
- Melani C, Stoppacciaro A, Foroni C, Felicetti F, Carè A, Colombo M. Angiopoietin decoy secreted at tumor site impairs tumor growth and metastases by inducing local inflammation and altering neoangiogenesis. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2004;53:600-8 pubmed..These results show in vivo that reduced angiopoietin availability at the tumor site induces a local inflammatory response and impairment of neoangiogenesis which act synergistically to limit tumor growth and metastasis. ..
- Pende D, Bottino C, Castriconi R, Cantoni C, Marcenaro S, Rivera P, et al. PVR (CD155) and Nectin-2 (CD112) as ligands of the human DNAM-1 (CD226) activating receptor: involvement in tumor cell lysis. Mol Immunol. 2005;42:463-9 pubmed..Importantly, the specific interaction between DNAM-1 (in NK cells) and PVR or Nectin-2 (in target cells) enhanced the NK-mediated lysis of tumor cells that was downregulated by mAb-mediated masking of the receptor or its ligands. ..
- Vaccarello G, Figliola R, Cramerotti S, Novelli F, Maione R. p57Kip2 is induced by MyoD through a p73-dependent pathway. J Mol Biol. 2006;356:578-88 pubmed
- Alirol E, James D, Huber D, Marchetto A, Vergani L, Martinou J, et al. The mitochondrial fission protein hFis1 requires the endoplasmic reticulum gateway to induce apoptosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:4593-605 pubmed..Consistently, hFis1 did not directly activate BAX and BAK, but induced Ca(2+)-dependent mitochondrial dysfunction. Thus, hFis1 is a bifunctional protein that independently regulates mitochondrial fragmentation and ER-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Croci S, Nicoletti G, Landuzzi L, Palladini A, Chiarini F, Nanni P, et al. Expression of a functional CCR7 chemokine receptor inhibits the post-intravasation steps of metastasis in malignant murine mammary cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2007;18:451-6 pubmed..When used as a prophylactic vaccine, CCR7-transduced cell vaccine succeeded in the long-term control of mammary tumorigenesis in 25% of the HER-2/neu transgenic females, suggesting an increased immunogenicity of CCR7-engineered cells. ..
- Hulleman E, Quarto M, Vernell R, Masserdotti G, Colli E, Kros J, et al. A role for the transcription factor HEY1 in glioblastoma. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:136-46 pubmed publisher..Moreover, HEY1 may represent a molecular marker to distinguish GBM patients with a longer survival prognosis from those at high risk. ..
- Correale P, Del Vecchio M, La Placa M, Montagnani F, Di Genova G, Savellini G, et al. Chemotherapeutic drugs may be used to enhance the killing efficacy of human tumor antigen peptide-specific CTLs. J Immunother. 2008;31:132-47 pubmed publisher..These results may have clinical implications for the design of new translational anticancer regimens aimed at combining chemotherapy and immunotherapy. ..
- Vinchi F, Gastaldi S, Silengo L, Altruda F, Tolosano E. Hemopexin prevents endothelial damage and liver congestion in a mouse model of heme overload. Am J Pathol. 2008;173:289-99 pubmed publisher..These studies highlight the importance of hemopexin in heme detoxification, thus suggesting that drugs mimicking hemopexin activity might be useful to prevent endothelial damage in patients suffering from hemolytic disorders. ..
- Ciraolo E, Iezzi M, Marone R, Marengo S, Curcio C, Costa C, et al. Phosphoinositide 3-kinase p110beta activity: key role in metabolism and mammary gland cancer but not development. Sci Signal. 2008;1:ra3 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate an unexpected role for p110beta catalytic activity in diabetes and cancer, opening potential avenues for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Alesiani D, Cicconi R, Mattei M, Bei R, Canini A. Inhibition of Mek 1/2 kinase activity and stimulation of melanogenesis by 5,7-dimethoxycoumarin treatment of melanoma cells. Int J Oncol. 2009;34:1727-35 pubmed
- Giardino L, Armelloni S, Corbelli A, Mattinzoli D, Zennaro C, Guerrot D, et al. Podocyte glutamatergic signaling contributes to the function of the glomerular filtration barrier. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;20:1929-40 pubmed publisher..In summary, these results suggest that glutamatergic signaling driven by podocytes contributes to the integrity of the glomerular filtration barrier and that derangements in this signaling may lead to proteinuric renal diseases. ..
- Di Iorio E, Barbaro V, Volpi N, Bertolin M, Ferrari B, Fasolo A, et al. Localization and expression of CHST6 and keratan sulfate proteoglycans in the human cornea. Exp Eye Res. 2010;91:293-9 pubmed publisher..If coupled to the accuracy of HPLC-based assay that we developed to determine the amount of KS in serum, our findings could lead to more targeted therapeutic treatments of the ocular features in MCD patients...
- Maroso M, Balosso S, Ravizza T, Liu J, Bianchi M, Vezzani A. Interleukin-1 type 1 receptor/Toll-like receptor signalling in epilepsy: the importance of IL-1beta and high-mobility group box 1. J Intern Med. 2011;270:319-26 pubmed publisher..This emerging evidence identifies specific targets with potential anticonvulsant effects in drug-resistant forms of epilepsy. ..
- Carnevale D, Mascio G, D Andrea I, Fardella V, Bell R, Branchi I, et al. Hypertension induces brain ?-amyloid accumulation, cognitive impairment, and memory deterioration through activation of receptor for advanced glycation end products in brain vasculature. Hypertension. 2012;60:188-97 pubmed publisher..Overall we demonstrate that RAGE activation in brain vessels is a crucial pathogenetic event in hypertension-induced Alzheimer disease, suggesting that inhibiting this target can limit the onset of vascular-related Alzheimer disease. ..
- Conforti P, Camnasio S, Mutti C, Valenza M, Thompson M, Fossale E, et al. Lack of huntingtin promotes neural stem cells differentiation into glial cells while neurons expressing huntingtin with expanded polyglutamine tracts undergo cell death. Neurobiol Dis. 2013;50:160-70 pubmed publisher..We concluded that Hdh CAG knock-in and Hdh knock-out NS cells have potential as tools for investigating the roles of normal and mutant HTT in differentiated neurons and glial cells of the brain. ..
- Carosio S, Barberi L, Rizzuto E, Nicoletti C, Del Prete Z, Musaro A. Generation of eX vivo-vascularized Muscle Engineered Tissue (X-MET). Sci Rep. 2013;3:1420 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that X-MET is an ideal in vitro 3D muscle model that can be employed to repair muscle defects in vivo and to perform in vitro studies, limiting the use of live animals. ..
- Richetto J, Calabrese F, Meyer U, Riva M. Prenatal versus postnatal maternal factors in the development of infection-induced working memory impairments in mice. Brain Behav Immun. 2013;33:190-200 pubmed publisher..At the same time, our study adds further weight to the notion that being reared by a surrogate mother that experienced immune activation during pregnancy may constitute a risk factor for specific dopaminergic abnormalities. ..
- Ognibene M, Vanni C, Blengio F, Segalerba D, Mancini P, De Marco P, et al. Identification of a novel mouse Dbl proto-oncogene splice variant: evidence that SEC14 domain is involved in GEF activity regulation. Gene. 2014;537:220-9 pubmed publisher..We show here that an altered SEC14 sequence leads to enhanced Dbl translocation to the plasma membrane and to augmented transforming and exchange activity. ..
- Gentilin E, Di Pasquale C, Gagliano T, Tagliati F, Benfini K, Ambrosio M, et al. Protein Kinase C Delta restrains growth in ACTH-secreting pituitary adenoma cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;419:252-8 pubmed publisher..PRKCD might restrain corticotroph adenoma cells from acquiring an aggressive behavior, candidating PRKCD as a possible molecular target for the treatment of corticotroph adenomas. ..
- Pelliccia S, Wu Y, Coluccia A, La Regina G, Tseng C, Famiglini V, et al. Inhibition of dengue virus replication by novel inhibitors of RNA-dependent RNA polymerase and protease activities. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem. 2017;32:1091-1101 pubmed publisher..These results describe novel prototypical small anti-DENV molecules for further development through compound modification and provide potential antivirals for treating DENV infection and DENV-related diseases. ..
- Dolcetti R, Rizzo S, Pistello M, Boiocchi M. An Eco RI restriction length polymorphism at the murine L-myc locus. Nucleic Acids Res. 1988;16:11853 pubmed
- Mammano F, Salvatori F, Indraccolo S, De Rossi A, Chieco Bianchi L, Gottlinger H. Truncation of the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 envelope glycoprotein allows efficient pseudotyping of Moloney murine leukemia virus particles and gene transfer into CD4+ cells. J Virol. 1997;71:3341-5 pubmed..These results establish that Mo-MLV-based vectors can be used to target cells susceptible to infection by HIV-1. ..
- Ciana P, Neri A, Cappellini C, Cavallo F, Pomati M, Chang C, et al. Constitutive expression of lymphoma-associated NFKB-2/Lyt-10 proteins is tumorigenic in murine fibroblasts. Oncogene. 1997;14:1805-10 pubmed..Our results show that mutant NFKB-2 proteins can lead to the transformed phenotype, and support the hypothesis that alterations in NFKB-2 genes may play a role in lymphomagenesis. ..
- Gribaudo G, Riera L, Hertel L, Landolfo S. In vitro and in vivo expression analysis of the interferon-inducible 203 gene. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 1999;19:129-36 pubmed..Moreover, the reciprocal expression pattern in C57BL/6 and DBA/2 mice could mean that p203 and p202 play the same role in a mouse strain in which only one of them is expressed. ..
- Del Maschio A, De Luigi A, Martin Padura I, Brockhaus M, Bartfai T, Fruscella P, et al. Leukocyte recruitment in the cerebrospinal fluid of mice with experimental meningitis is inhibited by an antibody to junctional adhesion molecule (JAM). J Exp Med. 1999;190:1351-6 pubmed..Blood-brain barrier permeability was also reduced by the mAb. We conclude that JAM may be a new target in limiting the inflammatory response that accompanies meningitis. ..
- Raho G, Barone V, Rossi D, Philipson L, Sorrentino V. The gas 5 gene shows four alternative splicing patterns without coding for a protein. Gene. 2000;256:13-7 pubmed..Even more definitive evidence that the gas5 gene may not encode a protein was obtained by cloning and sequencing the rat gas5 gene which revealed that the putative ORF is interrupted by a stop codon after the first 13 amino acids. ..
- Merlo G, Zerega B, Paleari L, Trombino S, Mantero S, Levi G. Multiple functions of Dlx genes. Int J Dev Biol. 2000;44:619-26 pubmed..As for most transcription factors, these genes seem to have multiple functions at different stages of development or in different tissues and cell types. ..
- Benetti L, Munger J, Roizman B. The herpes simplex virus 1 US3 protein kinase blocks caspase-dependent double cleavage and activation of the proapoptotic protein BAD. J Virol. 2003;77:6567-73 pubmed..We conclude that the primary effect of U(S)3 was to block the caspases that cleave BAD at either residue 56 or 61 predicted to render the protein more proapoptotic or at residue 156, which would inactivate the protein. ..
- Formigli L, Francini F, Tani A, Squecco R, Nosi D, Polidori L, et al. Morphofunctional integration between skeletal myoblasts and adult cardiomyocytes in coculture is favored by direct cell-cell contacts and relaxin treatment. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005;288:C795-804 pubmed..A potential role for gap junctional communication in favoring the intercellular exchange of regulatory molecules, including Ca2+, in the modulation of myoblast differentiation is discussed...
- Fucile S, Sucapane A, Grassi F, Eusebi F, Engel A. The human adult subtype ACh receptor channel has high Ca2+ permeability and predisposes to endplate Ca2+ overloading. J Physiol. 2006;573:35-43 pubmed..However, the intrinsically high Ca2+ permeability of human AChRs probably predisposes to development of the endplate myopathy when opening events of the AChR channel are prolonged by altered AChR-channel kinetics. ..
- D Agostini F, Izzotti A, Balansky R, Zanesi N, Croce C, De Flora S. Early loss of Fhit in the respiratory tract of rodents exposed to environmental cigarette smoke. Cancer Res. 2006;66:3936-41 pubmed..In conclusion, there is unequivocal evidence that Fhit is an early, critical target in smoke-related lung carcinogenesis in rodents, and that certain chemopreventive agents can attenuate the occurrence of this gene alteration. ..
- De Santa F, Albini S, Mezzaroma E, Baron L, Felsani A, Caruso M. pRb-dependent cyclin D3 protein stabilization is required for myogenic differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:7248-65 pubmed..These results indicate that the pRb-dependent accumulation of cyclin D3 is functionally relevant to the process of skeletal muscle cell differentiation. ..
- Bisogno T, Ortar G, Petrosino S, Morera E, Palazzo E, Nalli M, et al. Development of a potent inhibitor of 2-arachidonoylglycerol hydrolysis with antinociceptive activity in vivo. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1791:53-60 pubmed publisher..p.). OMDM69 might represent a template for the development of selective and even more potent inhibitors of 2-AG hydrolysis. ..
- Martini M, Miceli D, Gotti S, Viglietti Panzica C, Fissore E, Palanza P, et al. Effects of perinatal administration of Bisphenol A on the neuronal nitric oxide synthase expressing system in the hypothalamus and limbic system of CD1 mice. J Neuroendocrinol. 2010;22:1004-12 pubmed publisher..In addition, they confirm that perinatal exposure to endocrine-disrupting chemicals, in particular to BPA, may have a high impact on the organisation of specific neural pathways that can later affect complex behaviours and functions. ..
- Piconese S, Pittoni P, Burocchi A, Gorzanelli A, Carè A, Tripodo C, et al. A non-redundant role for OX40 in the competitive fitness of Treg in response to IL-2. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:2902-13 pubmed publisher..Therefore, OX40 is a key factor in shaping Treg sensitivity to IL-2 and promoting their proliferation and survival, toward accurate immune regulation. ..
- Paterniti I, Melani A, Cipriani S, Corti F, Mello T, Mazzon E, et al. Selective adenosine A2A receptor agonists and antagonists protect against spinal cord injury through peripheral and central effects. J Neuroinflammation. 2011;8:31 pubmed publisher..It is likely that blockade of A2A receptors reduces excitotoxicity. In contrast, neuroprotection afforded by the A2A agonist may be primarily due to peripheral effects. ..
- Codolo G, Fassan M, Munari F, Volpe A, Bassi P, Rugge M, et al. HP-NAP inhibits the growth of bladder cancer in mice by activating a cytotoxic Th1 response. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2012;61:31-40 pubmed publisher..Our findings strongly indicate that HP-NAP might become a novel therapeutic "bullet" for the cure of bladder tumours. ..
- Gaglio D, Metallo C, Gameiro P, Hiller K, Danna L, Balestrieri C, et al. Oncogenic K-Ras decouples glucose and glutamine metabolism to support cancer cell growth. Mol Syst Biol. 2011;7:523 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence for a role of oncogenic K-Ras in the metabolic reprogramming of cancer cells. ..
- Campaner S, Spreafico F, Burgold T, Doni M, Rosato U, Amati B, et al. The methyltransferase Set7/9 (Setd7) is dispensable for the p53-mediated DNA damage response in vivo. Mol Cell. 2011;43:681-8 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that Set7/9 is dispensable for p53 function in the mouse. ..
- Magnani I, Novielli C, Fontana L, Tabano S, Rovina D, Moroni R, et al. Differential signature of the centrosomal MARK4 isoforms in glioma. Anal Cell Pathol (Amst). 2011;34:319-38 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the MARK4L nucleolar localisation in tumour cells features this MARK4 isoform as a nucleolus-associated tumour marker. ..
- Gagliani N, Gregori S, Jofra T, Valle A, Stabilini A, Rothstein D, et al. Rapamycin combined with anti-CD45RB mAb and IL-10 or with G-CSF induces tolerance in a stringent mouse model of islet transplantation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28434 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the combination of rapamycin+G-CSF induces tolerance and such treatment could be readily translatable into the clinic. ..
- Mastrocola R, Collino M, Rogazzo M, Medana C, Nigro D, Boccuzzi G, et al. Advanced glycation end products promote hepatosteatosis by interfering with SCAP-SREBP pathway in fructose-drinking mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2013;305:G398-407 pubmed publisher..Overall, the high levels of CML and activation of SCAP/SREBP pathway associated to high fructose exposure here reported may suggest a key role of this signaling pathway in mediating fructose-induced lipogenesis. ..
- D Andrea E, Tessarollo L, Menin C, Chieco Bianchi L. Tumours induced by Moloney murine sarcoma virus are clonal in rats, not clonal in mice. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 1992;118:141-6 pubmed..Finally, in all mouse tumours, unintegrated linear M-MSV proviruses could be readily detected. ..
- Dong Q, Bernasconi S, Lostaglio S, de Calmanovici R, Martin Padura I, Breviario F, et al. A general strategy for isolation of endothelial cells from murine tissues. Characterization of two endothelial cell lines from the murine lung and subcutaneous sponge implants. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1997;17:1599-604 pubmed..The general strategy outlined here is simple, effective, and flexible, allowing the inclusion of further positive or negative selection steps. ..
- Naro F, Sette C, Vicini E, De Arcangelis V, Grange M, Conti M, et al. Involvement of type 4 cAMP-phosphodiesterase in the myogenic differentiation of L6 cells. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:4355-67 pubmed..Through the modulation of PDE4 activity, vasopressin inhibits the cAMP signal transduction pathway, which regulates myogenesis possibly by controlling the subcellular localization of myogenin. ..
- Faiella A, Zortea M, Barbaria E, Albani F, Capra V, Cama A, et al. A genetic polymorphism in the human HOXB1 homeobox gene implying a 9bp tandem repeat in the amino-terminal coding region. Mutations in brief no. 200. Online. Hum Mutat. 1998;12:363 pubmed..1). 7 mouse strains, namely 129, BALB/c, C57BL/6, C57BL/10, CAST/Ei, C3H and SPRET/Ei, are homozygous for this allele. The allele present in gibbon and rhesus monkey appears to be identical to the human HOXB1b (Fig. 1). ..