Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Israel
Publications641 found, 100 shown here
- Schechter I, Ziv E. Kinetic properties of cathepsin D and BACE 1 indicate the need to search for additional beta-secretase candidate(s). Biol Chem. 2008;389:313-20 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, as both BACE 1 and cathepsin D show poor activity towards the WT beta-site sequence, it is necessary to continue the search for additional beta-secretase candidate(s). ..
- Tzuman Y, Sapoznik S, Granot D, Nevo N, Neeman M. Peritoneal adhesion and angiogenesis in ovarian carcinoma are inversely regulated by hyaluronan: the role of gonadotropins. Neoplasia. 2010;12:51-60 pubmed..Accordingly, angiogenesis of the adhered spheroids was significantly elevated in DON-treated tumors. These results can explain the selective pressure that can lead to simultaneously increased tumor expression of both HASs and Hyals...
- Elyakim E, Sitbon E, Faerman A, Tabak S, Montia E, Belanis L, et al. hsa-miR-191 is a candidate oncogene target for hepatocellular carcinoma therapy. Cancer Res. 2010;70:8077-87 pubmed publisher..Our findings offer a preclinical proof of concept for miR-191 targeting as a rational strategy to pursue for improving HCC treatment. ..
- Sherman H, Genzer Y, Cohen R, Chapnik N, Madar Z, Froy O. Timed high-fat diet resets circadian metabolism and prevents obesity. FASEB J. 2012;26:3493-502 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that timing can prevent obesity and rectify the harmful effects of a HF diet. ..
- Pomerantz Y, Elbaz J, Ben Eliezer I, Reizel Y, David Y, Galiani D, et al. From ubiquitin-proteasomal degradation to CDK1 inactivation: requirements for the first polar body extrusion in mouse oocytes. FASEB J. 2012;26:4495-505 pubmed publisher..This information significantly contributes to our understanding of faulty chromosome segregation that may lead to aneuploidy. ..
- Schmidt R, Frydman L. In vivo 3D spatial/1D spectral imaging by spatiotemporal encoding: a new single-shot experimental and processing approach. Magn Reson Med. 2013;70:382-91 pubmed publisher..In vivo results of fat and water separation on abdominal imaging of mice at 7 T and on human breast imaging at 3 T are presented. ..
- Achiron A, Mashiach R, Zilkha Falb R, Meijler M, Gurevich M. Polymerase I pathway inhibitor ameliorates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Neuroimmunol. 2013;263:91-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that POL1 pathway inhibition delayed and suppressed the development of EAE and ameliorated the disease in mice with persistent clinical signs. ..
- Glat M, Benninger F, Barhum Y, Ben Zur T, Kogan E, Steiner I, et al. Ectopic Muscle Expression of Neurotrophic Factors Improves Recovery After Nerve Injury. J Mol Neurosci. 2016;58:39-45 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a rationale for using genetic treatment with a combination of NTF-expressing vectors, as a potential therapeutic approach for severe peripheral nerve injury. ..
- Krauskopf A, Resnekov O, Aloni Y. A cis downstream element participates in regulation of in vitro transcription initiation from the P38 promoter of minute virus of mice. J Virol. 1990;64:354-60 pubmed..The correlation between the binding and transcription activation is discussed...
- Shulman L, Manor Y, Handsher R, Delpeyroux F, McDonough M, Halmut T, et al. Molecular and antigenic characterization of a highly evolved derivative of the type 2 oral poliovaccine strain isolated from sewage in Israel. J Clin Microbiol. 2000;38:3729-34 pubmed
- Eilam R, Peter Y, Groner Y, Segal M. Late degeneration of nigro-striatal neurons in ATM-/- mice. Neuroscience. 2003;121:83-98 pubmed..Thus, the Atm-/- mouse may model the extrapyramidal motor deficits seen in AT patients. ..
- Kipnis J, Cardon M, Avidan H, Lewitus G, Mordechay S, Rolls A, et al. Dopamine, through the extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway, downregulates CD4+CD25+ regulatory T-cell activity: implications for neurodegeneration. J Neurosci. 2004;24:6133-43 pubmed..g., in neuronal degeneration) or for strengthening it (in autoimmune diseases). ..
- Breuer O, Lawhorn C, Miller T, Smith D, Brown L. Functional architecture of the mammalian striatum: mouse vascular and striosome organization and their anatomic relationships. Neurosci Lett. 2005;385:198-203 pubmed..In addition, the greater vascularity of the striosomes compared to the matrix suggests a unique function of this compartment in relation to humoral signals and neurotropic drugs. ..
- Arzoine L, Zilberberg N, Ben Romano R, Shoshan Barmatz V. Voltage-dependent anion channel 1-based peptides interact with hexokinase to prevent its anti-apoptotic activity. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3946-55 pubmed publisher..Moreover, VDAC1-based peptides interfering with HK-mediated anti-apoptotic activity may potentiate the efficacy of conventional chemotherapeutic agents. ..
- Zion O, Genin O, Kawada N, Yoshizato K, Roffe S, Nagler A, et al. Inhibition of transforming growth factor beta signaling by halofuginone as a modality for pancreas fibrosis prevention. Pancreas. 2009;38:427-35 pubmed publisher..Halofuginone increased the synthesis of PAP-1, which further reduces pancreas fibrosis. Thus, halofuginone might serve as a novel therapy for pancreas fibrosis. ..
- Levanon D, Groner Y. Runx3-deficient mouse strains circa 2008: resemblance and dissimilarity. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2009;43:1-5 pubmed publisher..Here we summarize the phenotypic similarities and dissimilarities between two of the Runx3-deficient mouse strains, discuss the basis of the discrepancies and highlight the crux of the dispute. ..
- Mor A, Kloog Y, Keren G, George J. Ras inhibition increases the frequency and function of regulatory T cells and attenuates type-1 diabetes in non-obese diabetic mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009;616:301-5 pubmed publisher..Ras inhibition might therefore be worth developing as a new treatment modality in patients with type 1 diabetes...
- Gilsohn E, Volk T. Slowdown promotes muscle integrity by modulating integrin-mediated adhesion at the myotendinous junction. Development. 2010;137:785-94 pubmed publisher..Our analysis implicates Slow as an essential component of the MTJ, crucial for ensuring muscle and tendon integrity during larval locomotion. ..
- Orenbuch A, Ayelet O, Shulman Y, Yoav S, Lipstein N, Noa L, et al. Inhibition of exocytosis or endocytosis blocks activity-dependent redistribution of synapsin. J Neurochem. 2012;120:248-58 pubmed publisher..Our results therefore reveal hitherto unidentified feedback within the synaptic vesicle cycle involving the synapsin-managed reserve pool...
- Gal Mor O, Suez J, Elhadad D, Porwollik S, Leshem E, Valinsky L, et al. Molecular and cellular characterization of a Salmonella enterica serovar Paratyphi a outbreak strain and the human immune response to infection. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2012;19:146-56 pubmed publisher..This apparent profile implies a distinct immune response to paratyphoid infections. ..
- Dominissini D, Moshitch Moshkovitz S, Salmon Divon M, Amariglio N, Rechavi G. Transcriptome-wide mapping of N(6)-methyladenosine by m(6)A-seq based on immunocapturing and massively parallel sequencing. Nat Protoc. 2013;8:176-89 pubmed publisher..The protocol can be completed within ~9 d for four different sample pairs (each consists of an immunoprecipitation and corresponding input). ..
- Vitner E, Salomon R, Farfel Becker T, Meshcheriakova A, Ali M, Klein A, et al. RIPK3 as a potential therapeutic target for Gaucher's disease. Nat Med. 2014;20:204-8 pubmed publisher..Notably, Ripk3 deficiency substantially improved the clinical course of GD mice, with increased survival and motor coordination and salutary effects on cerebral as well as hepatic injury. ..
- Wlodarska M, Thaiss C, Nowarski R, Henao Mejia J, Zhang J, Brown E, et al. NLRP6 inflammasome orchestrates the colonic host-microbial interface by regulating goblet cell mucus secretion. Cell. 2014;156:1045-59 pubmed publisher..paperclip: ..
- Ginhoux F, Jung S. Monocytes and macrophages: developmental pathways and tissue homeostasis. Nat Rev Immunol. 2014;14:392-404 pubmed publisher..In this Review, we discuss the evidence that has dramatically changed our understanding of monocyte and macrophage development, and the maintenance of these cells in the steady state...
- Fischer K, Ruiz H, Jhun K, Finan B, Oberlin D, van der Heide V, et al. Alternatively activated macrophages do not synthesize catecholamines or contribute to adipose tissue adaptive thermogenesis. Nat Med. 2017;23:623-630 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that alternatively activated macrophages do not synthesize relevant amounts of catecholamines, and hence, are not likely to have a direct role in adipocyte metabolism or adaptive thermogenesis. ..
- Ner Gaon H, Melchior A, Golan N, Ben Haim Y, Shay T. JingleBells: A Repository of Immune-Related Single-Cell RNA-Sequencing Datasets. J Immunol. 2017;198:3375-3379 pubmed publisher..Thus JingleBells is a resource that will extend the usefulness of scRNA-seq datasets outside the programming aficionado realm. ..
- Lotem J, Sachs L. Regulation of bcl-2, bcl-XL and bax in the control of apoptosis by hematopoietic cytokines and dexamethasone. Cell Growth Differ. 1995;6:647-53 pubmed
- Burgess H, Martinez S, Reiner O. KIAA0369, doublecortin-like kinase, is expressed during brain development. J Neurosci Res. 1999;58:567-75 pubmed
- Shav Tal Y, Lee B, Bar Haim S, Vandekerckhove J, Zipori D. Enhanced proteolysis of pre-mRNA splicing factors in myeloid cells. Exp Hematol. 2000;28:1029-38 pubmed..Proteolytic degradation of PSF specifically occurs in intact myeloid cells and this process is enhanced upon myeloid cell lysis. ..
- Paperna I, Son R. Light microscopical structure and ultrastructure of a Besnoitia sp. in the naturally infected lizard Ameiva ameiva (Teiidae) from north Brazil, and in experimentally infected mice. Parasitology. 2001;123:247-55 pubmed..No evidence of infection could be detected in these animals after feeding them with the tissues of mice harbouring cysts with very large number of bradyzoites...
- Shternhall Ron K, Quintana F, Perl S, Meivar Levy I, Barshack I, Cohen I, et al. Ectopic PDX-1 expression in liver ameliorates type 1 diabetes. J Autoimmun. 2007;28:134-42 pubmed..Our findings suggest a beneficial therapeutic effect of the PDX-1 gene therapy for treating autoimmune type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM). ..
- Pasvolsky R, Grabovsky V, Giagulli C, Shulman Z, Shamri R, Feigelson S, et al. RhoA is involved in LFA-1 extension triggered by CXCL12 but not in a novel outside-in LFA-1 activation facilitated by CXCL9. J Immunol. 2008;180:2815-23 pubmed
- Brody R, Peleg E, Grossman E, Sharabi Y. Production and secretion of adiponectin from 3T3-L1 adipocytes: comparison of antihypertensive drugs. Am J Hypertens. 2009;22:1126-9 pubmed publisher..05 for both compared to the control). In this comparative model, telmisartan, and to a lesser extent, losartan, increased production and secretion of adiponectin from 3T3-L1 adipocytes compared to the other antihypertensive drugs. ..
- Yatuv R, Robinson M, Dayan Tarshish I, Baru M. The use of PEGylated liposomes in the development of drug delivery applications for the treatment of hemophilia. Int J Nanomedicine. 2010;5:581-91 pubmed..These improvements seem to arise from the association of formulated proteins with platelets prior to induction of coagulation. ..
- Zigdon H, Kogot Levin A, Park J, Goldschmidt R, Kelly S, Merrill A, et al. Ablation of ceramide synthase 2 causes chronic oxidative stress due to disruption of the mitochondrial respiratory chain. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:4947-56 pubmed publisher..These results are of relevance for understanding modulation of ROS signaling by sphingolipids. ..
- Shechter R, Miller O, Yovel G, Rosenzweig N, London A, Ruckh J, et al. Recruitment of beneficial M2 macrophages to injured spinal cord is orchestrated by remote brain choroid plexus. Immunity. 2013;38:555-69 pubmed publisher..Overall, our finding demonstrates that the route of monocyte entry to central nervous system provides an instructional environment to shape their function. ..
- Garin Shkolnik T, Rudich A, Hotamisligil G, Rubinstein M. FABP4 attenuates PPAR? and adipogenesis and is inversely correlated with PPAR? in adipose tissues. Diabetes. 2014;63:900-11 pubmed publisher..Suppression of PPAR? by FABP4 in visceral fat may explain the reported role of FABP4 in the development of obesity-related morbidities, including insulin resistance, diabetes, and atherosclerosis. ..
- Wolf Y, Boura Halfon S, Cortese N, Haimon Z, Sar Shalom H, Kuperman Y, et al. Brown-adipose-tissue macrophages control tissue innervation and homeostatic energy expenditure. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:665-674 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we report a previously unappreciated homeostatic role for macrophages in the control of tissue innervation. Disruption of this circuit in BAT resulted in metabolic imbalance. ..
- Harroch S, Gothelf Y, Revel M, Chebath J. 5' upstream sequences of MyD88, an IL-6 primary response gene in M1 cells: detection of functional IRF-1 and Stat factors binding sites. Nucleic Acids Res. 1995;23:3539-46 pubmed..IRF1, an activator of transcription, is also induced to bind to this sequence at later times. A model of persistent activation of MyD88 gene through these two types of factors is proposed. ..
- Volberg T, Romer L, Zamir E, Geiger B. pp60(c-src) and related tyrosine kinases: a role in the assembly and reorganization of matrix adhesions. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:2279-89 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that Src family kinases, and pp60(c-src) in particular, have a central role in regulating protein dynamics at cell-matrix interfaces, both during early stages of interaction and in mature focal contacts. ..
- Toledano Katchalski H, Kraut J, Sines T, Granot Attas S, Shohat G, Gil Henn H, et al. Protein tyrosine phosphatase epsilon inhibits signaling by mitogen-activated protein kinases. Mol Cancer Res. 2003;1:541-50 pubmed
- Zhang P, Izrael M, Ainbinder E, Ben Simchon L, Chebath J, Revel M. Increased myelinating capacity of embryonic stem cell derived oligodendrocyte precursors after treatment by interleukin-6/soluble interleukin-6 receptor fusion protein. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2006;31:387-98 pubmed..IL6RIL6 acts as an effective stimulator of the myelinating function of ES cell-derived oligodendrocyte precursors, as observed upon transplantation of the IL6RIL6- pretreated cells into brain slices of MBP-deficient shiverer mice. ..
- Pick M, Perry C, Lapidot T, Guimaraes Sternberg C, Naparstek E, Deutsch V, et al. Stress-induced cholinergic signaling promotes inflammation-associated thrombopoiesis. Blood. 2006;107:3397-406 pubmed..Our findings implicate AChE-R in thrombopoietic recovery, suggesting new therapeutic modalities for supporting platelet production. ..
- Galski H, Sivan H, Lazarovici P, Nagler A. In vitro and in vivo reversal of MDR1-mediated multidrug resistance by KT-5720: implications on hematological malignancies. Leuk Res. 2006;30:1151-8 pubmed..Therefore, KT-5720 can be considered as candidate for combination therapy in various hematological malignancies where Pgp activity is a major impediment for cure. ..
- Kaushansky N, Zilkha Falb R, Hemo R, Lassman H, Eisenstein M, Sas A, et al. Pathogenic T cells in MOBP-induced murine EAE are predominantly focused to recognition of MOBP21F and MOBP27P epitopic residues. Eur J Immunol. 2007;37:3281-92 pubmed..Such focused epitopic recognition may affect profoundly on peripheral self-tolerance to MOBP and on potential altered peptide ligand-mediated therapy of MOBP-related autoimmune pathogenesis. ..
- Farkash Amar S, Lipson D, Polten A, Goren A, Helmstetter C, Yakhini Z, et al. Global organization of replication time zones of the mouse genome. Genome Res. 2008;18:1562-70 pubmed publisher..These findings, along with the strong conservation found between replication timing in human and mouse genomes, emphasize the importance of replication timing in transcription regulation. ..
- Lustig S, Maik Rachline G, Paran N, Melamed S, Israely T, Erez N, et al. Effective post-exposure protection against lethal orthopoxviruses infection by vaccinia immune globulin involves induction of adaptive immune response. Vaccine. 2009;27:1691-9 pubmed publisher..Vaccine efficiency is not impaired, providing a non-prohibitive VIG dose is used. Thus, VIG can be used as a prophylactic measure against post-vaccinal complications but could also serve for post-exposure treatment against smallpox. ..
- Kaisman Elbaz T, Sekler I, Fishman D, Karol N, Forberg M, Kahn N, et al. Cell death induced by zinc and cadmium is mediated by clusterin in cultured mouse seminiferous tubules. J Cell Physiol. 2009;220:222-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that Zn(2+) and Cd(2+) influx induce expression and secretion of clusterin, thereby linking metal homeostasis and germ cell fate...
- Addadi Y, Moskovits N, Granot D, Lozano G, Carmi Y, Apte R, et al. p53 status in stromal fibroblasts modulates tumor growth in an SDF1-dependent manner. Cancer Res. 2010;70:9650-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, expression of mutant p53 by tumor stroma fibroblasts might exert a gain of function effect, further accelerating tumor development. ..
- Iskovich S, Goldenberg Cohen N, Stein J, Yaniv I, Fabian I, Askenasy N. Elutriated stem cells derived from the adult bone marrow differentiate into insulin-producing cells in vivo and reverse chemical diabetes. Stem Cells Dev. 2012;21:86-96 pubmed publisher..Considering the extensive functional incorporation of insulin-producing donor cells in the injured islets, we conclude that the adult bone marrow contains a subset of small cells endowed with plastic developmental capacity. ..
- Sharir A, Stern T, Rot C, Shahar R, Zelzer E. Muscle force regulates bone shaping for optimal load-bearing capacity during embryogenesis. Development. 2011;138:3247-59 pubmed publisher..Our findings invoke a common mechanism that permits the formation of different circumferential outlines in different bones. ..
- Levanon D, Bernstein Y, Negreanu V, Bone K, Pozner A, Eilam R, et al. Absence of Runx3 expression in normal gastrointestinal epithelium calls into question its tumour suppressor function. EMBO Mol Med. 2011;3:593-604 pubmed publisher..The lack of evidence for Runx3 expression in normal GIT Ep creates a serious challenge to the published data and undermines the notion that Runx3 is a TS involved in cancer pathogenesis. ..
- Goldfarb Y, Kadouri N, Levi B, Sela A, Herzig Y, Cohen R, et al. HDAC3 Is a Master Regulator of mTEC Development. Cell Rep. 2016;15:651-665 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings uncover yet another layer of complexity of TEC lineage divergence and highlight Hdac3 as a major and specific molecular switch crucial for mTEC differentiation. ..
- Sprecher E, David D, Yadin H, Peleg B, Becker Y. Mouse footpad Langerhans cells as an indicator for safety of foot and mouth disease virus vaccines. J Virol Methods. 1990;29:189-96 pubmed
- Haran Ghera N, Peled A, Canaani E, Caspi Y, Haimovich J, Shaft D, et al. The effects of passive anti-viral immunotherapy in AKR mice: II. Susceptibility to B cell lymphomagenesis. Leukemia. 1995;9:1940-7 pubmed
- Reiner O, Albrecht U, Gordon M, Chianese K, Wong C, Gal Gerber O, et al. Lissencephaly gene (LIS1) expression in the CNS suggests a role in neuronal migration. J Neurosci. 1995;15:3730-8 pubmed..The direct correlation between cortical defects in MDS patients and Lis1 expression in the murine cortex suggest that the mouse is a model system suitable to study the mechanistic basis of this intriguing genetic disease. ..
- Fishburn C, Belleli D, David C, Carmon S, Fuchs S. A novel short isoform of the D3 dopamine receptor generated by alternative splicing in the third cytoplasmic loop. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:5872-8 pubmed..This suggests that an internal acceptor site in the exon coding for the distal part of the third cytoplasmic loop directs alternative splicing of the D3 dopamine receptor. ..
- Benayahu D, Efrati M, Wientroub S. Monoclonal antibodies recognize antigen expressed by osteoblasts. J Bone Miner Res. 1995;10:1496-503 pubmed..Western blotting and immunoprecipitation indicated that the antigen that was recognized by MMS-85/12 apparently had a molecular weight of 84 dD. ..
- Sharabi Y, Grossman E, Sherer Y, Shaish A, Levkovitz H, Bitzur R, et al. The effect of renin-angiotensin axis inhibition on early atherogenesis in LDL-receptor-deficient mice. Pathobiology. 2000;68:270-4 pubmed..Inhibition of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone axis by itself does not prevent the development of early atherosclerosis in LDL-receptor-deficient mice. ..
- Nili E, Cojocaru G, Kalma Y, Ginsberg D, Copeland N, Gilbert D, et al. Nuclear membrane protein LAP2beta mediates transcriptional repression alone and together with its binding partner GCL (germ-cell-less). J Cell Sci. 2001;114:3297-307 pubmed..Co-expression of both LAP2beta and mGCL with the E2F-DP complex resulted in a reduced transcriptional activity equal to that exerted by the pRb protein. ..
- Hazkani Covo E, Altman N, Horowitz M, Graur D. The evolutionary history of prosaposin: two successive tandem-duplication events gave rise to the four saposin domains in vertebrates. J Mol Evol. 2002;54:30-4 pubmed..Accordingly, an ancestral saposin-unit duplication produced a two-domain gene, which, subsequently, underwent a second complete tandem duplication to give rise to the present four-domain structure of the prosaposin gene. ..
- Rozenfeld Granot G, Krishnamurthy J, Kannan K, Toren A, Amariglio N, Givol D, et al. A positive feedback mechanism in the transcriptional activation of Apaf-1 by p53 and the coactivator Zac-1. Oncogene. 2002;21:1469-76 pubmed..These results suggests the existence of a tightly controlled self amplifying mechanism of transcriptional activation leading to apoptosis by p53. ..
- Dafni H, Israely T, Bhujwalla Z, Benjamin L, Neeman M. Overexpression of vascular endothelial growth factor 165 drives peritumor interstitial convection and induces lymphatic drain: magnetic resonance imaging, confocal microscopy, and histological tracking of triple-labeled albumin. Cancer Res. 2002;62:6731-9 pubmed..These results revealed a direct link between expression of VEGF165 and peritumor lymphatic drain, thus suggesting a possible role for tumor-derived VEGF in metastatic spread to sentinel lymph nodes. ..
- Tiran Z, Peretz A, Attali B, Elson A. Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of Kv2.1 Channel activity at tyrosine 124 by Src and by protein-tyrosine phosphatase epsilon. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:17509-14 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that Tyr(124) is a significant site at which the mutually antagonistic activities of Src and cyt-PTPepsilon affect Kv2.1 phosphorylation and activity. ..
- Zhang P, Chebath J, Lonai P, Revel M. Enhancement of oligodendrocyte differentiation from murine embryonic stem cells by an activator of gp130 signaling. Stem Cells. 2004;22:344-54 pubmed..We conclude that this cytokine can significantly enhance the derivation of oligodendrocytes from ES cells. ..
- Asna N, Lewy H, Ashkenazi I, Deutsch V, Peretz H, Inbar M, et al. Time dependent protection of amifostine from renal and hematopoietic cisplatin induced toxicity. Life Sci. 2005;76:1825-34 pubmed..The results also further validate the notion that chronochemotherapy is advantageous at least in reducing drug toxicity and thus should be integrated in the design of clinical protocols. ..
- Dar A, Goichberg P, Shinder V, Kalinkovich A, Kollet O, Netzer N, et al. Chemokine receptor CXCR4-dependent internalization and resecretion of functional chemokine SDF-1 by bone marrow endothelial and stromal cells. Nat Immunol. 2005;6:1038-46 pubmed..Thus, chemokine translocation across the blood-bone marrow barrier allows effective transfer of functional SDF-1 from the periphery to the stem cell niche in the bone marrow during both homeostasis and 'alarm' situations. ..
- Pilpel Y, Segal M. Rapid WAVE dynamics in dendritic spines of cultured hippocampal neurons is mediated by actin polymerization. J Neurochem. 2005;95:1401-10 pubmed
- Avkin S, Sevilya Z, Toube L, Geacintov N, Chaney S, Oren M, et al. p53 and p21 regulate error-prone DNA repair to yield a lower mutation load. Mol Cell. 2006;22:407-13 pubmed..Loss of this regulation by inactivation of p53 or p21 causes an out of control lesion-bypass activity, which increases the mutational load and might therefore play a role in pathogenic processes caused by genetic instability. ..
- Scherz Shouval R, Shvets E, Fass E, Shorer H, Gil L, Elazar Z. Reactive oxygen species are essential for autophagy and specifically regulate the activity of Atg4. EMBO J. 2007;26:1749-60 pubmed..Expression of this regulatory mutant prevented the formation of autophagosomes in cells, thus providing a molecular mechanism for redox regulation of the autophagic process. ..
- Solomon A, Golubowicz S, Yablowicz Z, Bergman M, Grossman S, Altman A, et al. Protection of fibroblasts (NIH-3T3) against oxidative damage by cyanidin-3-rhamnoglucoside isolated from fig fruits (Ficus carica L.). J Agric Food Chem. 2010;58:6660-5 pubmed publisher..The high antioxidant potential, with several modes of action of purified C3R, may contribute to health benefits gained by the consumption of fresh fig fruits...
- Lapter S, Ben David H, Sharabi A, Zinger H, Telerman A, Gordin M, et al. A role for the B-cell CD74/macrophage migration inhibitory factor pathway in the immunomodulation of systemic lupus erythematosus by a therapeutic tolerogenic peptide. Immunology. 2011;132:87-95 pubmed publisher..Treatment with hCDR1 diminished the expression of those molecules to the levels determined for young healthy mice. These results suggest that the CD74/MIF pathway plays an important role in lupus pathology. ..
- Sherman H, Gutman R, Chapnik N, Meylan J, le Coutre J, Froy O. Caffeine alters circadian rhythms and expression of disease and metabolic markers. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2011;43:829-38 pubmed publisher..In addition, caffeine supplementation led to decreased expression of catabolic factors under RF. In conclusion, caffeine affects circadian gene expression and metabolism possibly leading to beneficial effects mainly under AL feeding. ..
- Orlovsky K, Kalinkovich A, Rozovskaia T, Shezen E, Itkin T, Alder H, et al. Down-regulation of homeobox genes MEIS1 and HOXA in MLL-rearranged acute leukemia impairs engraftment and reduces proliferation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:7956-61 pubmed publisher..The very similar phenotype shared by all mutant lines implies that all four genes are involved and required for expansion of MLL-AF4 associated leukemic cells in mice, and down-regulation of any of them is not compensated by the others. ..
- Kredo Russo S, Mandelbaum A, Ness A, Alon I, Lennox K, Behlke M, et al. Pancreas-enriched miRNA refines endocrine cell differentiation. Development. 2012;139:3021-31 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Pax6 downregulation reversed the effect of miR-7 knockdown on insulin promoter activity. These data suggest a novel miR-7-based circuit that ensures precise control of endocrine cell differentiation...
- Zaretsky I, Polonsky M, Shifrut E, Reich Zeliger S, Antebi Y, Aidelberg G, et al. Monitoring the dynamics of primary T cell activation and differentiation using long term live cell imaging in microwell arrays. Lab Chip. 2012;12:5007-15 pubmed publisher..This system provides a new platform in which dynamical processes and intercellular interactions within heterogeneous populations of primary T cells can be studied at the single cell level. ..
- Sapir T, Levy T, Sakakibara A, Rabinkov A, Miyata T, Reiner O. Shootin1 acts in concert with KIF20B to promote polarization of migrating neurons. J Neurosci. 2013;33:11932-48 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate the importance of the Shootin1/KIF20B interaction to the dynamic process of pyramidal neuronal polarization and migration. ..
- Bechor S, Nachmias D, Elia N, Haim Y, Vatarescu M, Leikin Frenkel A, et al. Adipose tissue conditioned media support macrophage lipid-droplet biogenesis by interfering with autophagic flux. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Biol Lipids. 2017;1862:1001-1012 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we propose that secreted products from AT interrupt late autophagosome maturation in macrophages, supporting enhanced LDs biogenesis and AT-FC formation, thereby contributing to AT dysfunction in obesity. ..
- Elberg G, Kelly P, Djiane J, Binder L, Gertler A. Mitogenic and binding properties of monoclonal antibodies to the prolactin receptor in Nb2 rat lymphoma cells. Selective enhancement by anti-mouse IgG. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:14770-6 pubmed..It may be induced by binding of the mAb to a site, which can be either identical or may even be distinct from that which binds the lactogenic hormone. ..
- Masos T, Miskin R. Localization of urokinase-type plasminogen activator mRNA in the adult mouse brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1996;35:139-48 pubmed..These results support the view of uPA being involved in neuronal functions of the adult brain, specifically in the hippocampal formation and the parietal cortex. ..
- Pick E, Golan A, Zimbler J, Guo L, Sharaby Y, Tsuge T, et al. The minimal deneddylase core of the COP9 signalosome excludes the Csn6 MPN- domain. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43980 pubmed publisher..We propose that the budding yeast Csi1 is a functional equivalent of the canonical Csn6, and thus the composition of the CSN across phyla is more conserved than hitherto appreciated. ..
- Baruch A, Shani M, Hurwitz D, Barash I. Developmental regulation of the ovine beta-lactoglobulin/human serum albumin transgene is distinct from that of the beta-lactoglobulin and the endogenous beta-casein genes in the mammary gland of transgenic mice. Dev Genet. 1995;16:241-52 pubmed..These putative mechanisms may play key roles in the interplay between normal mammogenesis and lactogenesis.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Barak Y, Gottlieb E, Juven Gershon T, Oren M. Regulation of mdm2 expression by p53: alternative promoters produce transcripts with nonidentical translation potential. Genes Dev. 1994;8:1739-49 pubmed..Thus, p53 can modulate both the amount and the nature of MDM2 polypeptides through activation of the internal P2 promoter. ..