Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Germany
Publications1719 found, 100 shown here
- Marzoll A, Nagy N, Wördehoff L, Dai G, Fries S, Lindner V, et al. Cyclooxygenase inhibitors repress vascular hyaluronan-synthesis in murine atherosclerosis and neointimal thickening. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:3713-9 pubmed publisher..Modulation of vascular HA-accumulation might play a role in chronic effects of COX inhibitors on the progression of atherosclerosis. ..
- Uhlenhaut N, Jakob S, Anlag K, Eisenberger T, Sekido R, Kress J, et al. Somatic sex reprogramming of adult ovaries to testes by FOXL2 ablation. Cell. 2009;139:1130-42 pubmed publisher..They might also have important medical implications for the understanding and treatment of some disorders of sexual development in children and premature menopause in women. ..
- Kron M, Muller M. Impaired hippocampal Ca2+ homeostasis and concomitant K+ channel dysfunction in a mouse model of Rett syndrome during anoxia. Neuroscience. 2010;171:300-15 pubmed publisher..Since cytosolic Ca(2+) levels also determine neuronal excitability and synaptic plasticity, Ca(2+) homeostasis may constitute a promising target for pharmacotherapy in RTT...
- Siemoneit U, Koeberle A, Rossi A, Dehm F, Verhoff M, Reckel S, et al. Inhibition of microsomal prostaglandin E2 synthase-1 as a molecular basis for the anti-inflammatory actions of boswellic acids from frankincense. Br J Pharmacol. 2011;162:147-62 pubmed publisher..Suppression of PGE(2) formation by BAs via interference with mPGES1 contribute to the anti-inflammatory effectiveness of BAs and of frankincense, and may constitute a biochemical basis for their anti-inflammatory properties. ..
- Loeffler I, Hopfer U, Koczan D, Wolf G. Type VIII collagen modulates TGF-?1-induced proliferation of mesangial cells. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;22:649-63 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that type VIII collagen significantly modulates the effect of TGF-?1 on mesangial cells and may therefore play a role in the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Keck S, Muller I, Fejer G, Savic I, Tchaptchet S, Nielsen P, et al. Absence of TRIF signaling in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated murine mast cells. J Immunol. 2011;186:5478-88 pubmed publisher..These results show how the response to the same microbial ligand using the same receptor can be regulated in different cell types of the innate immune system. ..
- Fehrenschild D, Galli U, Breiden B, Bloch W, Schettina P, Brodesser S, et al. TCF/Lef1-mediated control of lipid metabolism regulates skin barrier function. J Invest Dermatol. 2012;132:337-45 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate that functional TCF/Lef1 signaling governs important aspects of epidermal differentiation and lipid metabolism, thereby regulating skin barrier function. ..
- Rolf H, Niebert S, Niebert M, Gaus L, Schliephake H, Wiese K. Intercellular transport of Oct4 in mammalian cells: a basic principle to expand a stem cell niche?. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32287 pubmed publisher..This provides a new approach to explain the rapid annual antler regrowth. ..
- Dalke C, Hölzlwimmer G, Calzada Wack J, Quintanilla Martinez L, Atkinson M, Rosemann M. Differences in the susceptibility to iodine¹³¹-induced thyroid tumours amongst inbred mouse strains. J Radiat Res. 2012;53:343-52 pubmed..We conclude that genetic background, in particular the JF1 genotype, confer differences in susceptibility to the carcinogenic effects of radioiodine on the thyroid. ..
- Bartok E, Bauernfeind F, Khaminets M, Jakobs C, Monks B, Fitzgerald K, et al. iGLuc: a luciferase-based inflammasome and protease activity reporter. Nat Methods. 2013;10:147-154 pubmed publisher..The high sensitivity, signal-to-background ratio and specificity of the iGLuc system renders it a useful tool to study proteolytic events in mouse and human cells at high throughput and to monitor protease activity in mice in vivo. ..
- Vo B, Wolf E, Kawauchi D, Gebhardt A, Rehg J, Finkelstein D, et al. The Interaction of Myc with Miz1 Defines Medulloblastoma Subgroup Identity. Cancer Cell. 2016;29:5-16 pubmed publisher..Target genes of Myc/Miz1 are repressed in human G3 MBs but not in other subgroups. Therefore, the Myc/Miz1 interaction is a defining hallmark of G3 MB development. ..
- Gartner J, Jimenez Sanchez G, Roerig P, Valle D. Genomic organization of the 70-kDa peroxisomal membrane protein gene (PXMP1). Genomics. 1998;48:203-8 pubmed..In more than 3 kb of Pxmp-1 5' flanking sequence we did not identify a consensus peroxisomal proliferator responsive element...
- Schmid C, Stienekemeier M, Oehen S, Bootz F, Zielasek J, Gold R, et al. Immune deficiency in mouse models for inherited peripheral neuropathies leads to improved myelin maintenance. J Neurosci. 2000;20:729-35 pubmed..We hypothesize that autoreactive immune cells can significantly foster the demyelinating phenotype of mice with a primarily genetically based peripheral neuropathy. ..
- Cichon G, Schmidt H, Benhidjeb T, Loser P, Ziemer S, Haas R, et al. Intravenous administration of recombinant adenoviruses causes thrombocytopenia, anemia and erythroblastosis in rabbits. J Gene Med. 1999;1:360-71 pubmed..The hematological changes observed in rabbits suggest the need for careful monitoring of hematological and rheological parameters in clinical trials. ..
- Stichel C, Augustin M, Kuhn K, Zhu X, Engels P, Ullmer C, et al. Parkin expression in the adult mouse brain. Eur J Neurosci. 2000;12:4181-94 pubmed..The speckled nuclear distribution of Parkin immunoreactivity strongly suggests a role for Parkin in gene expression. ..
- Oswald F, Kostezka U, Astrahantseff K, Bourteele S, Dillinger K, Zechner U, et al. SHARP is a novel component of the Notch/RBP-Jkappa signalling pathway. EMBO J. 2002;21:5417-26 pubmed..Based on our data, we propose a model in which SHARP is a novel component of the HDAC corepressor complex, recruited by RBP-Jkappa to repress transcription of target genes in the absence of activated Notch. ..
- Zaiss D, Standera S, Kloetzel P, Sijts A. PI31 is a modulator of proteasome formation and antigen processing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:14344-9 pubmed..Thus, PI31 represents a cellular regulator of proteasome formation and of proteasome-mediated antigen processing. ..
- Werner C, Godfrey V, Arnold R, Featherstone G, Bender D, Schlossmann J, et al. Neutrophil dysfunction in guanosine 3',5'-cyclic monophosphate-dependent protein kinase I-deficient mice. J Immunol. 2005;175:1919-29 pubmed..In summary, these results show that cGKIalpha down-regulates Ca2+ transients and chemotaxis in murine neutrophils. The regulatory influences of cGKIalpha on the secretagogue responses are complex, depending on the granule subtype. ..
- Schneider M, Vogt Weisenhorn D, Seiler A, Bornkamm G, Brielmeier M, Conrad M. Embryonic expression profile of phospholipid hydroperoxide glutathione peroxidase. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:489-94 pubmed..This strongly suggests that it is the cytosolic form of PHGPx that is indispensable for embryonic development. ..
- Ferby I, Reschke M, Kudlacek O, Knyazev P, Pante G, Amann K, et al. Mig6 is a negative regulator of EGF receptor-mediated skin morphogenesis and tumor formation. Nat Med. 2006;12:568-73 pubmed..These results indicate that Mig6 is a specific negative regulator of Egfr signaling in skin morphogenesis and is a novel tumor suppressor of Egfr-dependent carcinogenesis. ..
- Lecompte E, ter Meulen J, Emonet S, Daffis S, Charrel R. Genetic identification of Kodoko virus, a novel arenavirus of the African pigmy mouse (Mus Nannomys minutoides) in West Africa. Virology. 2007;364:178-83 pubmed..The finding of an Old World arenavirus related to LCMV outside the known geographical range of LCMV in a novel rodent species reveals new insights about the evolutionary history of arenaviruses...
- Newrzela S, Cornils K, Li Z, Baum C, Brugman M, Hartmann M, et al. Resistance of mature T cells to oncogene transformation. Blood. 2008;112:2278-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data provide direct evidence that mature T cells are less prone to transformation than hematopoietic progenitor cells. ..
- Grzelinski M, Steinberg F, Martens T, Czubayko F, Lamszus K, Aigner A. Enhanced antitumorigenic effects in glioblastoma on double targeting of pleiotrophin and its receptor ALK. Neoplasia. 2009;11:145-56 pubmed..We conclude that double targeting of PTN and ALK leads to enhanced antitumorigenic effects over single knockdown approaches, which offers novel therapeutic options owing to increased efficacy also after prolonged knockdown. ..
- Dreger H, Westphal K, Weller A, Baumann G, Stangl V, Meiners S, et al. Nrf2-dependent upregulation of antioxidative enzymes: a novel pathway for proteasome inhibitor-mediated cardioprotection. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;83:354-61 pubmed publisher..Non-toxic proteasome inhibition upregulates antioxidative enzymes via an Nrf2-dependent transcriptional activation of AREs and confers cardioprotection. ..
- Wiemuth D, Grunder S. A single amino acid tunes Ca2+ inhibition of brain liver intestine Na+ channel (BLINaC). J Biol Chem. 2010;285:30404-10 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that rBLINaC is opened by an unknown ligand whereas mBLINaC is a constitutively open epithelial Na(+) channel. ..
- Popal W, Boucas J, Peer Zada A, Herling M. Pharmacologic interception in T-cell leukemia 1A associated pathways as a treatment rationale for chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2010;51:1375-8 pubmed publisher..Respective preliminary data indicate that differential response categories of CLL exist. Future studies will test TCL1A's inherent predictive information. ..
- Potthoff S, Janus A, Hoch H, Frahnert M, Tossios P, Reber D, et al. PTH-receptors regulate norepinephrine release in human heart and kidney. Regul Pept. 2011;171:35-42 pubmed publisher..The highly increased PTH levels that can be observed in chronic renal failure might be one contributor for the elevated sympathetic nerve activity and the associated cardiovascular mortality in patients with end stage renal disease...
- Peters M, Wendholt D, Strietholt S, Frank S, Pundt N, Korb Pap A, et al. The loss of ?2?1 integrin suppresses joint inflammation and cartilage destruction in mouse models of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2012;64:1359-68 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that ?2?1 integrin contributes significantly to inflammatory cartilage destruction by promoting fibroblast proliferation and attachment and MMP expression. ..
- Heitmann L, Schoenen H, Ehlers S, Lang R, Holscher C. Mincle is not essential for controlling Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. Immunobiology. 2013;218:506-16 pubmed publisher..From our results we conclude that absence of the innate receptor Mincle can be fully compensated for in vivo in terms of sensing Mtb and mounting a protective inflammatory immune response. ..
- Maraslioglu M, Weber R, Korff S, Blattner C, Nauck C, Henrich D, et al. Activation of NF-κB after chronic ethanol intake and haemorrhagic shock/resuscitation in mice. Br J Pharmacol. 2013;170:506-18 pubmed publisher..Our findings contribute to evidence implicating NF-κB as a key player in the orchestration of the immune response in haemorrhagic shock patients with a history of chronic ethanol abuse. ..
- Herrmann K, Engst W, Meinl W, Florian S, Cartus A, Schrenk D, et al. Formation of hepatic DNA adducts by methyleugenol in mouse models: drastic decrease by Sult1a1 knockout and strong increase by transgenic human SULT1A1/2. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:935-41 pubmed publisher..14% of hepatic adducts in ko-tg mice compared with an equimolar dose of 1'-OH-ME, suggesting an important role of detoxifying pathways for this isomer in vivo. ..
- Merkle S, Favor J, Graw J, Hornhardt S, Pretsch W. Hereditary lactate dehydrogenase A-subunit deficiency as cause of early postimplantation death of homozygotes in Mus musculus. Genetics. 1992;131:413-21 pubmed..The distinct physiological consequences of the total absence of a functioning LDH-A subunit in mice and humans are discussed.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Wang C, Tschen S, Flehmig B. Antigenicity of hepatitis A virus after ultra-violet inactivation. Vaccine. 1995;13:835-40 pubmed..Our results showed the antigenicity of HAV was almost unaltered even when infectious viral particles were no longer detectable. This technique shows potential as a simple and low-cost method for an inactivated HAV vaccine. ..
- Schnülle V, Antropova O, Gronemeier M, Wedemeyer N, Jockusch H, Bartsch J. The mouse Clc1/myotonia gene: ETn insertion, a variable AATC repeat, and PCR diagnosis of alleles. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:718-25 pubmed..Close to the 3' end of intron 12, a tetranucleotide repeat (AATC)n was found that is polymorphic between mouse species Mus musculus, M. molossinus, M. castaneus, and M. spretus, and can thus be used for chromosomal mapping studies. ..
- Burwinkel B, Miglierini G, Jenne D, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Jenkins N, et al. Structure of the human paralemmin gene (PALM), mapping to human chromosome 19p13.3 and mouse chromosome 10, and exclusion of coding mutations in grizzled, mocha, jittery, and hesitant mice. Genomics. 1998;49:462-6 pubmed..Finally, mutation analysis using RNA from mice homozygous for the mutant genes grizzled (gr), mocha (mh), mocha 2J (mh2J), jittery (ji) and hesitant (ji(hes)), which map to this area, excluded mutations in their Palm coding sequences. ..
- Martinez Noel G, Niedenthal R, Tamura T, Harbers K. A family of structurally related RING finger proteins interacts specifically with the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme UbcM4. FEBS Lett. 1999;454:257-61 pubmed
- Bloch W, Fan Y, Han J, Xue S, Schoneberg T, Ji G, et al. Disruption of cytoskeletal integrity impairs Gi-mediated signaling due to displacement of Gi proteins. J Cell Biol. 2001;154:753-61 pubmed..We conclude that cytoskeletal integrity is required for correct localization and function of Gi-associated signaling microdomains. ..
- Xiao G, Mao S, Baumgarten G, Serrano J, Jordan M, Roos K, et al. Inducible activation of c-Myc in adult myocardium in vivo provokes cardiac myocyte hypertrophy and reactivation of DNA synthesis. Circ Res. 2001;89:1122-9 pubmed..Despite the increased cardiac mass, left ventricular function remained normal. Activation of Myc also provoked cell cycle reentry in postmitotic myocytes, which led to increased nuclei per myocyte and DNA content per nuclei. ..
- Droste S, Gesing A, Ulbricht S, Muller M, Linthorst A, Reul J. Effects of long-term voluntary exercise on the mouse hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical axis. Endocrinology. 2003;144:3012-23 pubmed..These changes seem to underlie the differential responsiveness of the HPA axis to physical vs. emotional challenges. ..
- Martin A, Hofmann H, Kirsch M. Glial reactivity in ciliary neurotrophic factor-deficient mice after optic nerve lesion. J Neurosci. 2003;23:5416-24 pubmed
- Hofbauer K, Gess B, Lohaus C, Meyer H, Katschinski D, Kurtz A. Oxygen tension regulates the expression of a group of procollagen hydroxylases. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:4515-22 pubmed..Strong indirect evidence, moreover, suggests that the expression of these enzymes during hypoxia is coordinated by HIF-1. ..
- Rock R, Schrauth S, Gessler M. Expression of mouse dchs1, fjx1, and fat-j suggests conservation of the planar cell polarity pathway identified in Drosophila. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:747-55 pubmed..These data are compatible with a conservation and sub-functionalization of the Drosophila Ds, Fj, and Fat signaling in higher vertebrates. ..
- Friedrich E, Walenta K, Scharlau J, Nickenig G, Werner N. CD34-/CD133+/VEGFR-2+ endothelial progenitor cell subpopulation with potent vasoregenerative capacities. Circ Res. 2006;98:e20-5 pubmed..We identified a new CD34-/133+ EPC subpopulation, which is apparently a precursor of "classical" CD34+/133+ EPC, and functionally more potent than these with respect to homing and vascular repair. ..
- Bauer A, Villunger A, Labi V, Fischer S, Strasser A, Wagner H, et al. The NF-kappaB regulator Bcl-3 and the BH3-only proteins Bim and Puma control the death of activated T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:10979-84 pubmed..IL-1, IL-7, and IL-15 primed T cells for survival even in the absence of Bim or Puma. Our data define interrelations and a Bim-independent pathway to activated T cell death. ..
- Fister S, Günthert A, Emons G, Gründker C. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone type II antagonists induce apoptotic cell death in human endometrial and ovarian cancer cells in vitro and in vivo. Cancer Res. 2007;67:1750-6 pubmed..Thus, GnRH-II antagonists seem to be suitable drugs for an efficacious and less toxic endocrine therapy for endometrial and ovarian cancers. ..
- Gavrilova O, Geyer J, Petzinger E. In vivo relevance of Mrp2-mediated biliary excretion of the Amanita mushroom toxin demethylphalloin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1768:2070-7 pubmed
- Werner Klein M, Göggel R, Westhof A, Erb K. Development and characterisation of a novel and rapid lung eosinophil influx model in the rat. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2008;21:648-56 pubmed publisher..In summary, in this novel preclinical rat model therapeutics expected to inhibit the development of airway eosinophilia can rapidly be tested. ..
- Aydin J, Andersson D, Hänninen S, Wredenberg A, Tavi P, Park C, et al. Increased mitochondrial Ca2+ and decreased sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ in mitochondrial myopathy. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:278-88 pubmed publisher..Reduced SR Ca(2+) release likely decreases ATP expenditure, but it also induces muscle weakness. Increased [Ca(2+)](mit) will stimulate mitochondrial metabolism acutely but may also trigger cell damage. ..
- Gerbaulet A, Wickenhauser C, Scholten J, Peschke K, Drube S, Horny H, et al. Mast cell hyperplasia, B-cell malignancy, and intestinal inflammation in mice with conditional expression of a constitutively active kit. Blood. 2011;117:2012-21 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that the effects of constitutive kit signaling critically depend on the developmental stage and the state of differentiation of the cell hit by the gain-of-function mutation. ..
- Haddad D, Chen N, Zhang Q, Chen C, Yu Y, Gonzalez L, et al. Insertion of the human sodium iodide symporter to facilitate deep tissue imaging does not alter oncolytic or replication capability of a novel vaccinia virus. J Transl Med. 2011;9:36 pubmed publisher..This study aimed to determine if insertion of the human sodium iodide symporter (hNIS) cDNA as a marker for non-invasive imaging of virotherapy alters the replication and oncolytic capability of a novel vaccinia virus, GLV-1h153...
- Tholen S, Biniossek M, Gessler A, Müller S, Weisser J, Kizhakkedathu J, et al. Contribution of cathepsin L to secretome composition and cleavage pattern of mouse embryonic fibroblasts. Biol Chem. 2011;392:961-71 pubmed publisher..This contradicts cathepsin L active site specificity and indicates altered activity of further proteases as a result of cathepsin L ablation. ..
- Krehl S, Loewinger M, Florian S, Kipp A, Banning A, Wessjohann L, et al. Glutathione peroxidase-2 and selenium decreased inflammation and tumors in a mouse model of inflammation-associated carcinogenesis whereas sulforaphane effects differed with selenium supply. Carcinogenesis. 2012;33:620-8 pubmed publisher..Similarly, SFN requires selenium but not GPx2 for being protective. ..
- van Gaalen M, Relo A, Mueller B, Gross G, Mezler M. NOGO-66 receptor deficient mice show slow acquisition of spatial memory task performance. Neurosci Lett. 2012;510:58-61 pubmed publisher..Deletion of NgR1 did not affect amphetamine- or phencyclidine (PCP)-induced hyperactivity, two models of positive symptoms of schizophrenia. Taken together, ngr(-/-) animals show slower acquisition of a spatial learning and memory task...
- Schroder H, Wang X, Wiens M, Diehl Seifert B, Kropf K, Schloßmacher U, et al. Silicate modulates the cross-talk between osteoblasts (SaOS-2) and osteoclasts (RAW 264.7 cells): inhibition of osteoclast growth and differentiation. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:3197-206 pubmed publisher..7 cells. It is proposed that silicate might have the potential to stimulate osteogenesis in vivo and perhaps to ameliorate osteoporotic disorders. ..
- Liersch R, Shin J, Bayer M, Schwöppe C, Schliemann C, Berdel W, et al. Analysis of a novel highly metastatic melanoma cell line identifies osteopontin as a new lymphangiogenic factor. Int J Oncol. 2012;41:1455-63 pubmed publisher..Treatment of cultured lymphatic endothelial cells (LECs) with osteopontin promoted cell migration mediated by the integrin ?9 pathway. Our results identify osteopontin as a novel lymphangiogenic factor. ..
- Filiou M, Teplytska L, Otte D, Zimmer A, Turck C. Myelination and oxidative stress alterations in the cerebellum of the G72/G30 transgenic schizophrenia mouse model. J Psychiatr Res. 2012;46:1359-65 pubmed publisher..Our work sheds light on the functional role of the LG72 protein and pinpoints molecular correlates of schizophrenia-like behavior. ..
- Arpaia N, Campbell C, Fan X, Dikiy S, van der Veeken J, deRoos P, et al. Metabolites produced by commensal bacteria promote peripheral regulatory T-cell generation. Nature. 2013;504:451-5 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that bacterial metabolites mediate communication between the commensal microbiota and the immune system, affecting the balance between pro- and anti-inflammatory mechanisms. ..
- Zhu Y, Karakhanova S, Huang X, Deng S, Werner J, Bazhin A. Influence of interferon-α on the expression of the cancer stem cell markers in pancreatic carcinoma cells. Exp Cell Res. 2014;324:146-56 pubmed publisher..Additionally we also suggest that in combination therapy of solid tumors with IFNα, this drug should be given to patients prior to chemotherapy to achieve the CSC activation. ..
- Rajappa R, Gauthier Kemper A, BÃ¶ning D, HÃ¼ve J, Klingauf J. Synaptophysin 1 Clears Synaptobrevin 2 from the Presynaptic Active Zone to Prevent Short-Term Depression. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1369-1381 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify an SV protein as a release site clearance factor. ..
- Pennekamp P, Bogdanova N, Wilda M, Markoff A, Hameister H, Horst J, et al. Characterization of the murine polycystic kidney disease (Pkd2) gene. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:749-52 pubmed..5 post conception is localized in mesenchymally derived structures. In the adult mouse, the protein is mostly expressed in kidney, which suggests its functional relevance for this organ. ..
- Blechschmidt K, Schweiger M, Wertz K, Poulson R, Christensen H, Rosenthal A, et al. The mouse Aire gene: comparative genomic sequencing, gene organization, and expression. Genome Res. 1999;9:158-66 pubmed..In situ hybridization on mouse and human histological sections showed that AIRE expression pattern was mainly restricted to a few cells in the thymus, calling for a tissue-specific function of the gene product. ..
- Bubeck A, Reusch U, Wagner M, Ruppert T, Muranyi W, Kloetzel P, et al. The glycoprotein gp48 of murine cytomegalovirusL proteasome-dependent cytosolic dislocation and degradation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:2216-24 pubmed..Thus an indirect interaction between the proteasome and its substrate has to be discussed. ..
- Lorenz H, Windl O, Kretzschmar H. Cellular phenotyping of secretory and nuclear prion proteins associated with inherited prion diseases. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:8508-16 pubmed..Therefore, various distinct pathological mechanisms may cause prion diseases, and aberrant cellular processing may be included in the pathogenesis of prion diseases. ..
- Adham I, Steding G, Thamm T, Bullesbach E, Schwabe C, Paprotta I, et al. The overexpression of the insl3 in female mice causes descent of the ovaries. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:244-52 pubmed..Furthermore, the transgenic females exhibit reduced fertility, which is due to fetal mortality during midgestation. ..
- Nakamura M, Tobin D, Richards Smith B, Sundberg J, Paus R. Mutant laboratory mice with abnormalities in pigmentation: annotated tables. J Dermatol Sci. 2002;28:1-33 pubmed..In summary, this annotated table should serve as a useful reference for anyone interested in the molecular controls of pigmentation. ..
- Burmester H, Wolber E, Freitag P, Fandrey J, Jelkmann W. Thrombopoietin production in wild-type and interleukin-6 knockout mice with acute inflammation. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2005;25:407-13 pubmed..TPO mRNA levels did not increase in the livers of IL-6 knockout mice on turpentine treatment. These results support the concept that TPO behaves like an acute-phase protein in that its synthesis is induced by IL-6 in the liver. ..
- Tyczka J, Eberling S, Baljer G. Immunization experiments with recombinant Coxiella burnetii proteins in a murine infection model. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005;1063:143-8 pubmed..In summary, clinical examinations and dissection of mice immunized with the eight recombinant C. b. proteins did not indicate a protective immune response after test infection. ..
- Brandt Bohne U, Keene D, White F, Koch M. MEGF9: a novel transmembrane protein with a strong and developmentally regulated expression in the nervous system. Biochem J. 2007;401:447-57 pubmed..MEGF9 represents a novel putative receptor, expressed in neuronal and non-neuronal tissues, that is regulated during development and could function as a guidance or signalling molecule. ..
- Grote K, Salguero G, Ballmaier M, Dangers M, Drexler H, Schieffer B. The angiogenic factor CCN1 promotes adhesion and migration of circulating CD34+ progenitor cells: potential role in angiogenesis and endothelial regeneration. Blood. 2007;110:877-85 pubmed..These data suggest that CCN1 promotes integrin-dependent recruitment of CD34+ progenitor cells to endothelial cells, which may contribute to paracrine effects on angiogenesis and tissue regeneration. ..
- Hoffmann U, Heilmann K, Hayford C, Stallmach A, Wahnschaffe U, Zeitz M, et al. CD44v7 ligation downregulates the inflammatory immune response in Crohn's disease patients by apoptosis induction in mononuclear cells from the lamina propria. Cell Death Differ. 2007;14:1542-51 pubmed..The process is highly specific for macrophage activation via CD40. These findings point to a novel mechanism of apoptosis induction in CD patients mediated by CD44v7 ligation. ..
- Goos M, Lange P, Hanisch U, Prinz M, Scheffel J, Bergmann R, et al. Fibronectin is elevated in the cerebrospinal fluid of patients suffering from bacterial meningitis and enhances inflammation caused by bacterial products in primary mouse microglial cell cultures. J Neurochem. 2007;102:2049-2060 pubmed publisher..This additive or synergistic effect may contribute to neuronal damage during bacterial meningitis. ..
- Matthies A, Clavel T, Gutschow M, Engst W, Haller D, Blaut M, et al. Conversion of daidzein and genistein by an anaerobic bacterium newly isolated from the mouse intestine. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2008;74:4847-52 pubmed publisher..Growing the cells on daidzein also enabled conversion of genistein. This suggests that the same enzymes are involved in the conversion of the two isoflavones. ..
- Holst M, Maercker C, Pintea B, Masseroli M, Liebig C, Jankowski J, et al. Engrailed-2 regulates genes related to vesicle formation and transport in cerebellar Purkinje cells. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;38:495-504 pubmed publisher..Engrailed-2 might therefore orchestrate PC survival and process formation as a regulator of subcellular organization. ..
- Mees S, Mardin W, Sielker S, Willscher E, Senninger N, Schleicher C, et al. Involvement of CD40 targeting miR-224 and miR-486 on the progression of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas. Ann Surg Oncol. 2009;16:2339-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, miRNA-regulated CD40 expression seems to play an important role in progression of PDAC. These data suggest a diagnostic and therapeutic potential for CD40 and/or its targeting miRNAs in PDAC. ..
- Clavel T, Duck W, Charrier C, Wenning M, ELSON C, Haller D. Enterorhabdus caecimuris sp. nov., a member of the family Coriobacteriaceae isolated from a mouse model of spontaneous colitis, and emended description of the genus Enterorhabdus Clavel et al. 2009. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2010;60:1527-31 pubmed publisher..mucosicola. Therefore, strain B7(T) represents a novel species, for which the name Enterorhabdus caecimuris sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is B7(T) (=DSM 21839(T) =CCUG 56815(T)). ..
- Hoppe S, Bierhoff H, Cado I, Weber A, Tiebe M, Grummt I, et al. AMP-activated protein kinase adapts rRNA synthesis to cellular energy supply. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:17781-6 pubmed publisher..Mutation of Ser-635 compromises down-regulation of Pol I transcription in response to low energy supply, supporting that activation of AMPK adapts rRNA synthesis to nutrient availability and the cellular energy status. ..
- Mersmann J, Berkels R, Zacharowski P, Tran N, Koch A, Iekushi K, et al. Preconditioning by toll-like receptor 2 agonist Pam3CSK4 reduces CXCL1-dependent leukocyte recruitment in murine myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury. Crit Care Med. 2010;38:903-9 pubmed publisher..One of the mechanisms involved is a diminished chemokine release from cardiomyocytes, which subsequently limits leukocyte infiltration. ..
- Jawhar S, Trawicka A, Jenneckens C, Bayer T, Wirths O. Motor deficits, neuron loss, and reduced anxiety coinciding with axonal degeneration and intraneuronal A? aggregation in the 5XFAD mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2012;33:196.e29-40 pubmed publisher..In addition, comparable to the APP/PS1KI mouse model, 5XFAD mice develop an age-dependent axonopathy likely contributing to the behavioral deficits. ..
- Thierbach R, Drewes G, Fusser M, Voigt A, Kuhlow D, Blume U, et al. The Friedreich's ataxia protein frataxin modulates DNA base excision repair in prokaryotes and mammals. Biochem J. 2010;432:165-72 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that frataxin modulates DNA-repair mechanisms probably due to its impact on ISC-dependent repair proteins, linking mitochondrial dysfunction to DNA repair and tumour initiation. ..
- Wessler I, Michel Schmidt R, Schmidt H, Kaltwasser S, Unger R, Kirkpatrick C. Upregulated acetylcholine synthesis during early differentiation in the embryonic stem cell line CGR8. Neurosci Lett. 2013;547:32-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, early differentiation of the stem cell line CGR8 is associated with a substantial increase in ChAT activity and acetylcholine release...
- Jeanmonod P, Laschke M, Gola N, von Heesen M, Glanemann M, Dold S, et al. Silver acetate coating promotes early vascularization of Dacron vascular grafts without inducing host tissue inflammation. J Vasc Surg. 2013;58:1637-43 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, this material modification crucially contributes to an improved incorporation of the implants into the host tissue, which may decrease the risk of vascular graft infection. ..
- Blumensatt M, Greulich S, Herzfeld de Wiza D, Mueller H, Maxhera B, Rabelink M, et al. Activin A impairs insulin action in cardiomyocytes via up-regulation of miR-143. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;100:201-10 pubmed publisher..Activin A released from EAT-T2D inhibits insulin action via the induction of miR-143 in cardiomyocytes. This miRNA inhibits the Akt pathway through down-regulation of the novel regulator of insulin action, ORP8. ..
- Shoaib M, Saeed A, Akhtar J, Rahman M, Ullah A, Jurkschat K, et al. Potassium-doped mesoporous bioactive glass: Synthesis, characterization and evaluation of biomedical properties. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;75:836-844 pubmed publisher..The synthesized MBG also shows osteoblast activity and bone mineralization as revealed by alkaline phosphatase activity (ALP) and osteocalcin formation. ..