Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in France
Publications1008 found, 100 shown here
- Serradji N, Martin M, Bensaid O, Cisternino S, Rousselle C, Dereuddre Bosquet N, et al. Structure-activity relationships in platelet-activating factor. 12. Synthesis and biological evaluation of platelet-activating factor antagonists with anti-HIV-1 activity. J Med Chem. 2004;47:6410-9 pubmed..The transport parameter measured (K(in)) proves that 1a is able to cross this biological barrier, but a pharmacokinetic study reveals its weak bioavailability in rats. ..
- Lalonde R, Marchetti N, Strazielle C. Primary neurologic screening and motor coordination of Dstdt-J mutant mice (dystonia musculorum) with spinocerebellar atrophy. Physiol Behav. 2005;86:46-51 pubmed..The neurologic screening battery delineated the functional integrity of some sensorimotor pathways in a spinocerebellar mutant whose severe phenotype prevents a more elaborate evaluation...
- Attoui H, Mohd Jaafar F, Belhouchet M, Biagini P, Cantaloube J, de Micco P, et al. Expansion of family Reoviridae to include nine-segmented dsRNA viruses: isolation and characterization of a new virus designated Aedes pseudoscutellaris reovirus assigned to a proposed genus (Dinovernavirus). Virology. 2005;343:212-23 pubmed publisher..This suggests that APRV should be classified within a new genus that we designated Dinovernavirus (sigla from D: Double-stranded, i: insect, nove: nine from the latin "novem", rna: RNA, virus) in family Reoviridae...
- Lepicard E, Venault P, Abourachid A, Pellé E, Chapouthier G, Gasc J. Spatio-temporal analysis of locomotion in BALB/cByJ and C57BL/6J mice in different environmental conditions. Behav Brain Res. 2006;167:365-72 pubmed..We further concluded that higher structures of the central nervous system are involved in the online control of locomotion. ..
- Perrin Guyomard A, Poul J, Laurentie M, Sanders P, Fernández A, Bartholomew M. Impact of ciprofloxacin in the human-flora-associated (HFA) rat model: comparison with the HFA mouse model. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2006;45:66-78 pubmed..fragilis group and a significant (P < 0.05) disruption of the colonization resistance of the barrier flora in HFA mice. ..
- Lorivel T, Hilber P. Motor effects of delta 9 THC in cerebellar Lurcher mutant mice. Behav Brain Res. 2007;181:248-53 pubmed..These results suggested that cannabinoid derivative could represent a new field of investigation concerning the treatment of cerebellar ataxic syndrome in humans. ..
- Decramer S, Bascands J, Schanstra J. Non-invasive markers of ureteropelvic junction obstruction. World J Urol. 2007;25:457-65 pubmed..Both strategies will be complementary and will hopefully replace in the near future the invasive follow-up of newborns with UPJ obstruction. ..
- Chaouat G, Dubanchet S, LedÃ©e N. Cytokines: Important for implantation?. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2007;24:491-505 pubmed..Cytokines are indeed involved in implantation as they are in ongoing pregnancy and delivery. Relevance to infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss is discussed. ..
- Bascands J, Bachvarova M, Neau E, Schanstra J, Bachvarov D. Molecular determinants of LPS-induced acute renal inflammation: Implication of the kinin B1 receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;386:407-12 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we show that B(1) receptor ablation could be protective against inflammation-related kidney injuries. ..
- Ficetola G, Coissac E, Zundel S, Riaz T, Shehzad W, Bessière J, et al. An in silico approach for the evaluation of DNA barcodes. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:434 pubmed publisher..In silico PCR could be used to improve the performance of a study, by allowing the preliminary comparison of several DNA regions in order to identify the most appropriate barcode depending on the study aims. ..
- Moumen M, Chiche A, Cagnet S, Petit V, Raymond K, Faraldo M, et al. The mammary myoepithelial cell. Int J Dev Biol. 2011;55:763-71 pubmed publisher..Finally, we analyze the contribution of the basal myoepithelial cells to the regenerative potential of the mammary epithelium and tumorigenesis. ..
- Diaz S, Narboux NÃªme N, Boutourlinsky K, Doly S, Maroteaux L. Mice lacking the serotonin 5-HT2B receptor as an animal model of resistance to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors antidepressants. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2016;26:265-279 pubmed publisher..All together, these results highlight the suitability to study resistance to SSRI antidepressants of this mouse model displaying panoply of conditions among which behavioral, neurotrophic and plastic causative factors can be analyzed. ..
- Palombo M, Ligneul C, Najac C, Le Douce J, Flament J, Escartin C, et al. New paradigm to assess brain cell morphology by diffusion-weighted MR spectroscopy in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:6671-6 pubmed publisher..This work suggests that the time dependence of metabolite diffusion coefficient allows distinguishing and quantitatively characterizing brain cell morphologies noninvasively. ..
- Seman M, Trannoy E, de Castaneda M, Regnier D. Interaction between genes of chromosome 12 and I-region genes in the control of the arsonate-specific T cell repertoire. J Mol Cell Immunol. 1984;1:223-35 pubmed..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- Hugnot J, Pedeutour F, Le Calvez C, Grosgeorge J, Passage E, Fontes M, et al. The human inward rectifying K+ channel Kir 2.2 (KCNJ12) gene: gene structure, assignment to chromosome 17p11.1, and identification of a simple tandem repeat polymorphism. Genomics. 1997;39:113-6 pubmed..2-linked microsatellite sequence could be amplified from the DNA of a Smith-Magenis syndrome affected patient bearing a 17p interstitial deletion. ..
- Choi D, Ward S, Messaddeq N, Launay J, Maroteaux L. 5-HT2B receptor-mediated serotonin morphogenetic functions in mouse cranial neural crest and myocardiac cells. Development. 1997;124:1745-55 pubmed
- Chedotal A, Del Rio J, Ruiz M, He Z, Borrell V, de Castro F, et al. Semaphorins III and IV repel hippocampal axons via two distinct receptors. Development. 1998;125:4313-23 pubmed..Thus, chemorepulsion plays a role in axon guidance in the hippocampus, secreted semaphorins are likely to be responsible for this action, and the same axons can be repelled by two distinct semaphorins via two different receptors. ..
- Olivier E, Soury E, Ruminy P, Husson A, Parmentier F, Daveau M, et al. Fetuin-B, a second member of the fetuin family in mammals. Biochem J. 2000;350 Pt 2:589-97 pubmed..However, like its fetuin-A counterpart, the fetuin-B mRNA level is down-regulated during the acute phase of experimentally induced inflammation in rat. ..
- Annicotte J, Fayard E, Swift G, Selander L, Edlund H, Tanaka T, et al. Pancreatic-duodenal homeobox 1 regulates expression of liver receptor homolog 1 during pancreas development. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:6713-24 pubmed..Taken together, our data indicate that PDX-1 controls LRH-1 expression and identify LRH-1 as a novel downstream target in the PDX-1 regulatory cascade governing pancreatic development, differentiation, and function. ..
- Goudeau B, Huetz F, Samson S, Di Santo J, Cumano A, Beg A, et al. IkappaBalpha/IkappaBepsilon deficiency reveals that a critical NF-kappaB dosage is required for lymphocyte survival. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:15800-5 pubmed..Because reduction or rise of NF-kappaB activity leads to similar dysfunction, they also reveal that only a narrow window of NF-kappaB activity is tolerated by lymphocytes. ..
- Shestakova E, Mansuroglu Z, Mokrani H, Ghinea N, Bonnefoy E. Transcription factor YY1 associates with pericentromeric gamma-satellite DNA in cycling but not in quiescent (G0) cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:4390-9 pubmed..We discuss the implications of these results in the context of heterochromatin formation as well as with regard to the YY1-induced repression of euchromatic genes. ..
- Mouillet Richard S, Pietri M, Schneider B, Vidal C, Mutel V, Launay J, et al. Modulation of serotonergic receptor signaling and cross-talk by prion protein. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4592-601 pubmed..They provide a foundation for uncovering the impact of prion infection on serotonergic functions. ..
- Tomasetto C, Rio M. Pleiotropic effects of Trefoil Factor 1 deficiency. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2005;62:2916-20 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest that TFF1 may provide an alternative pharmacological tool for the prevention and treatment of human gastrointestinal diseases. ..
- Agulhon C, Platel J, Kolomiets B, Forster V, Picaud S, Brocard J, et al. Bioluminescent imaging of Ca2+ activity reveals spatiotemporal dynamics in glial networks of dark-adapted mouse retina. J Physiol. 2007;583:945-58 pubmed
- Murail S, Robert J, Coic Y, Neumann J, Ostuni M, Yao Z, et al. Secondary and tertiary structures of the transmembrane domains of the translocator protein TSPO determined by NMR. Stabilization of the TSPO tertiary fold upon ligand binding. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1778:1375-81 pubmed publisher..They reveal that the binding of a drug ligand that stimulates cholesterol translocation is able to stabilize the mTSPO tertiary structure. ..
- Guillemet E, Cadot C, Tran S, Guinebretiere M, Lereclus D, Ramarao N. The InhA metalloproteases of Bacillus cereus contribute concomitantly to virulence. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:286-94 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results show that the InhA metalloproteases of B. cereus are important virulence factors that may allow the bacteria to counteract the host immune system. ..
- Spanedda M, Heurtault B, Weidner S, Baehr C, Boeglin E, Beyrath J, et al. Novel powerful water-soluble lipid immunoadjuvants inducing mouse dendritic cell maturation and B cell proliferation using TLR2 pathway. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2010;20:1869-72 pubmed publisher..They all induce mouse dendritic cell maturation and B cell proliferation. We demonstrate that in spite of the chemical modification, the four compounds remain TLR2 agonists. ..
- Breton A, Le Bourhis D, Audouard C, Vignon X, Lelièvre J. Nuclear profiles of H3 histones trimethylated on Lys27 in bovine (Bos taurus) embryos obtained after in vitro fertilization or somatic cell nuclear transfer. J Reprod Dev. 2010;56:379-88 pubmed..These results suggest a role for EGA in H3K27me3 remodeling, which affects the heterochromatin inherited from the donor cell or produced during development. ..
- Rezza A, Skah S, Roche C, Nadjar J, Samarut J, Plateroti M. The overexpression of the putative gut stem cell marker Musashi-1 induces tumorigenesis through Wnt and Notch activation. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:3256-65 pubmed publisher..These data point to a positive feedback loop between Msi1 and Wnt in intestinal epithelial progenitors. They also suggest that Msi1 has oncogenic properties in these cells, probably through induction of both the Wnt and Notch pathways. ..
- Perino J, Crouzier D, Spehner D, Debouzy J, Garin D, Crance J, et al. Lung surfactant DPPG phospholipid inhibits vaccinia virus infection. Antiviral Res. 2011;89:89-97 pubmed publisher..The knowledge acquired during this study of virus-DPPG interactions may be used to develop novel chemotherapeutic strategies for smallpox. ..
- Thomas Schoemann A, Lemare F, Mongaret C, Bermudez E, Chereau C, Nicco C, et al. Bystander effect of vinorelbine alters antitumor immune response. Int J Cancer. 2011;129:1511-8 pubmed publisher..Our results offer new prospects for using oxidative stress modulators to restore the antitumor immune response in patients treated with anticancer agents. ..
- Besnard A, Sabat R, Dumoutier L, Renauld J, Willart M, Lambrecht B, et al. Dual Role of IL-22 in allergic airway inflammation and its cross-talk with IL-17A. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2011;183:1153-63 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that IL-22 contributes to the proinflammatory properties of IL-17A in experimental allergic asthma. ..
- Cassé F, Bardou I, Danglot L, Briens A, Montagne A, Parcq J, et al. Glutamate controls tPA recycling by astrocytes, which in turn influences glutamatergic signals. J Neurosci. 2012;32:5186-99 pubmed publisher..Overall, this work provides the first demonstration that the neuromodulator, tPA, may also be considered as a gliotransmitter. ..
- Roescher N, Vosters J, Alsaleh G, Dreyfus P, Jacques S, Chiocchia G, et al. Targeting the splicing of mRNA in autoimmune diseases: BAFF inhibition in Sjögren's syndrome as a proof of concept. Mol Ther. 2014;22:821-7 pubmed publisher..This study offers a rationale for localized therapeutic BAFF inhibition in pSS and represents a proof of concept of the interest of exon skipping in autoimmune diseases. ..
- Ardestani A, Paroni F, Azizi Z, Kaur S, Khobragade V, Yuan T, et al. MST1 is a key regulator of beta cell apoptosis and dysfunction in diabetes. Nat Med. 2014;20:385-397 pubmed publisher..We show MST1 as a proapoptotic kinase and key mediator of apoptotic signaling and beta cell dysfunction and suggest that it may serve as target for the development of new therapies for diabetes. ..
- Montagner A, Korecka A, Polizzi A, Lippi Y, Blum Y, Canlet C, et al. Hepatic circadian clock oscillators and nuclear receptors integrate microbiome-derived signals. Sci Rep. 2016;6:20127 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results indicate that the microbiome is required for integration of liver clock oscillations that tune output activators and their effectors, thereby regulating metabolic gene expression for optimal liver function. ..
- Lareyre J, Claessens F, Rombauts W, Dufaure J, Drevet J. Characterization of an androgen response element within the promoter of the epididymis-specific murine glutathione peroxidase 5 gene. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1997;129:33-46 pubmed..The data presented here further expand the diversity of sequence able to confer androgen responsiveness. ..
- Martel V, Racaud Sultan C, Dupe S, Marie C, Paulhe F, Galmiche A, et al. Conformation, localization, and integrin binding of talin depend on its interaction with phosphoinositides. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:21217-27 pubmed
- Bachelier R, Vincent A, Mathevet P, Magdinier F, Lenoir G, Frappart L. Retroviral transduction of splice variant Brca1-Delta11 or mutant Brca1-W1777Stop causes mouse epithelial mammary atypical duct hyperplasia. Virchows Arch. 2002;440:261-6 pubmed..These results suggest that ectopically expressed splice variant Brca1-Delta11 and mutant Brca1-W1777Stop have dominant negative effects. ..
- Cazeaux N, Bennasser Y, Vidal P, Li Z, Paulin D, Bahraoui E. Comparative study of immune responses induced after immunization with plasmids encoding the HIV-1 Nef protein under the control of the CMV-IE or the muscle-specific desmin promoter. Vaccine. 2002;20:3322-31 pubmed..In conclusion, these data indicate that antigen expression by muscle cells is sufficient to stimulate a Th1 immune response. ..
- Ferrara P, Andermarcher E, Bossis G, Acquaviva C, Brockly F, Jariel Encontre I, et al. The structural determinants responsible for c-Fos protein proteasomal degradation differ according to the conditions of expression. Oncogene. 2003;22:1461-74 pubmed..Moreover, they also indicate that the half-life of c-Fos during the G0/G1 phase transition is determined by a delicate balance between opposing stabilizing and destabilizing mechanisms operating at the same time. ..
- Eymin B, Leduc C, Coll J, Brambilla E, Gazzeri S. p14ARF induces G2 arrest and apoptosis independently of p53 leading to regression of tumours established in nude mice. Oncogene. 2003;22:1822-35 pubmed..In these experiments, tumoral regression was associated with inhibition of cell proliferation as well as induction of apoptosis confirming the data obtained in cell lines. ..
- Barbier J, Lamthanh H, Le Gall F, Favreau P, Benoit E, Chen H, et al. A delta-conotoxin from Conus ermineus venom inhibits inactivation in vertebrate neuronal Na+ channels but not in skeletal and cardiac muscles. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:4680-5 pubmed
- Garambois V, Glaussel F, Foulquier E, Ychou M, Pugniere M, Luo R, et al. Fully human IgG and IgM antibodies directed against the carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) Gold 4 epitope and designed for radioimmunotherapy (RIT) of colorectal cancers. BMC Cancer. 2004;4:75 pubmed..Our human anti-CEA IgG2kappa is a promising candidate for radioimmunotherapy in intact form, as F(ab')2 fragments, or as a bispecific antibody. ..
- Rodriguez A, Pisani D, Dechesne C, Turc Carel C, Kurzenne J, Wdziekonski B, et al. Transplantation of a multipotent cell population from human adipose tissue induces dystrophin expression in the immunocompetent mdx mouse. J Exp Med. 2005;201:1397-405 pubmed
- Teintenier Lelièvre M, Julien S, Juliant S, Guerardel Y, Duonor Cérutti M, Delannoy P, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of a human hST8Sia VI (alpha2,8-sialyltransferase) responsible for the synthesis of the diSia motif on O-glycosylproteins. Biochem J. 2005;392:665-74 pubmed
- Arafah S, Rosso M, Rehaume L, Hancock R, Simonet M, Marceau M. An iron-regulated LysR-type element mediates antimicrobial peptide resistance and virulence in Yersinia pseudotuberculosis. Microbiology. 2009;155:2168-81 pubmed publisher..Lastly, by using a mouse model of oral infection, we demonstrated that YPTB0333 is required for colonization of Peyer's patches and mesenteric lymph nodes by Y. pseudotuberculosis. ..
- Vincent Fabert C, Truffinet V, Fiancette R, Cogne N, Cogne M, Denizot Y. Ig synthesis and class switching do not require the presence of the hs4 enhancer in the 3' IgH regulatory region. J Immunol. 2009;182:6926-32 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, while dispensable for CSR and Ig transcription in plasma cells, hs4 mostly appears to contribute to Ig transcription in resting B lymphocytes. ..
- Cattin A, Le Beyec J, Barreau F, Saint Just S, Houllier A, Gonzalez F, et al. Hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha, a key factor for homeostasis, cell architecture, and barrier function of the adult intestinal epithelium. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:6294-308 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that HNF-4alpha regulates the intestinal balance between proliferation and differentiation, and we hypothesize that it might act as a tumor suppressor. ..
- Gueirard P, Tavares J, Thiberge S, Bernex F, Ishino T, Milon G, et al. Development of the malaria parasite in the skin of the mammalian host. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:18640-5 pubmed publisher..Therefore, during malaria in rodents, the skin is not just the route to the liver but is also the final destination for many inoculated parasites, where they can differentiate into merozoites and possibly persist...
- Anizon F, Shtil A, Danilenko V, Moreau P. Fighting tumor cell survival: advances in the design and evaluation of Pim inhibitors. Curr Med Chem. 2010;17:4114-33 pubmed..We also discuss a cell-based test system useful for rapid and inexpensive pre-screening of compounds capable of preventing Pim-mediated phosphorylation. ..
- Xu J, Bekaert A, Dupont J, Rouve S, Annesi Maesano I, De Magalhaes Filho C, et al. Exploring endocrine GH pattern in mice using rank plot analysis and random blood samples. J Endocrinol. 2011;208:119-29 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we showed that rank plot analysis is a useful method that allows straightforward studies of circadian endogenous GH levels in mice. ..
- Piganeau G, Eyre Walker A, Jancek S, Grimsley N, Moreau H. How and why DNA barcodes underestimate the diversity of microbial eukaryotes. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16342 pubmed publisher..We anticipate that biodiversity of microbial eukaryotic species is underestimated and that numerous "cryptic species" will become discernable with the future acquisition of genomic and metagenomic sequences. ..
- Campisi L, Soudja S, Cazareth J, Bassand D, Lazzari A, Brau F, et al. Splenic CD8?? dendritic cells undergo rapid programming by cytosolic bacteria and inflammation to induce protective CD8? T-cell memory. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:1594-605 pubmed publisher..Thus, these data designate these cells as the best candidates to facilitate the development of cell-based vaccine therapy. ..
- Clasadonte J, Poulain P, Hanchate N, Corfas G, Ojeda S, Prevot V. Prostaglandin E2 release from astrocytes triggers gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) neuron firing via EP2 receptor activation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:16104-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that astrocyte-to-neuron communication in the hypothalamus is essential for the activity of GnRH neurons and suggest that PGE(2) acts as a gliotransmitter within the GnRH neurosecretory system. ..
- Moreau P, Bott J, Zerbinatti C, Renger J, Kelche C, Cassel J, et al. ApoE4 confers better spatial memory than apoE3 in young adult hAPP-Yac/apoE-TR mice. Behav Brain Res. 2013;243:1-5 pubmed publisher..This hAPP-Yac/apoE-TR model may thus provide a useful tool to study the mechanisms involved in the antagonistic pleiotropic effects of APOE-?4 on cognitive functions. ..
- Kiyasova V, Bonnavion P, Scotto Lomassese S, Fabre V, Sahly I, Tronche F, et al. A subpopulation of serotonergic neurons that do not express the 5-HT1A autoreceptor. ACS Chem Neurosci. 2013;4:89-95 pubmed publisher..Our results support the hypothesis that the 5-HT system is composed of subpopulations of serotonergic neurons with different capacity for adaptation. ..
- Bosc D, Mouray E, Cojean S, Franco C, Loiseau P, Freitas Junior L, et al. Highly improved antiparasitic activity after introduction of an N-benzylimidazole moiety on protein farnesyltransferase inhibitors. Eur J Med Chem. 2016;109:173-86 pubmed publisher..donovani proliferation and other new derivatives display high level of anti-trypanosomal activity against T.Â cruzi, higher or in the same order of magnitude as the reference compounds benznidazole and nifurtimox. ..
- Schneppenheim J, Loock A, Hüttl S, Schweizer M, Lüllmann Rauch R, Oberg H, et al. The Influence of MHC Class II on B Cell Defects Induced by Invariant Chain/CD74 N-Terminal Fragments. J Immunol. 2017;199:172-185 pubmed publisher..In addition, different functional properties of the longer, MHCII-bound CD74 NTF could contribute to the milder phenotype of CatS-/- B cells. ..
- Igel Egalon A, Moudjou M, Martin D, Busley A, Knäpple T, Herzog L, et al. Reversible unfolding of infectious prion assemblies reveals the existence of an oligomeric elementary brick. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006557 pubmed publisher..The existence of such an elementary brick scales down the SSD support to a small oligomer and provide a basis of reflexion for prion templating process and propagation...
- Bouillet P, Chazaud C, Oulad Abdelghani M, Dolle P, Chambon P. Sequence and expression pattern of the Stra7 (Gbx-2) homeobox-containing gene induced by retinoic acid in P19 embryonal carcinoma cells. Dev Dyn. 1995;204:372-82 pubmed
- Damon M, Fautrel A, Guillouzo A, Corcos L. Genetic analysis of the phenobarbital regulation of the cytochrome P-450 2b-9 and aldehyde dehydrogenase type 2 mRNAs in mouse liver. Biochem J. 1996;317 ( Pt 2):481-6 pubmed..This study suggests that the genetic basis for phenobarbital induction in mice depends on the target gene, and that more than one regulatory step would by involved in this response pathway. ..
- Segui B, Andrieu Abadie N, Adam Klages S, Meilhac O, Kreder D, Garcia V, et al. CD40 signals apoptosis through FAN-regulated activation of the sphingomyelin-ceramide pathway. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:37251-8 pubmed..Altogether, these results strongly suggest that CD40 ligation can activate via FAN a neutral sphingomyelinase-mediated ceramide pathway that is involved in the cell growth inhibitory effects of CD40. ..
- Travnickova Bendova Z, Cermakian N, Reppert S, Sassone Corsi P. Bimodal regulation of mPeriod promoters by CREB-dependent signaling and CLOCK/BMAL1 activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:7728-33 pubmed..Our results reveal that signaling-dependent activation of mPer genes is distinct from the CLOCK/BMAL1-driven transcription required within the clock feedback loop. ..
- Helmlinger D, Yvert G, Picaud S, Merienne K, Sahel J, Mandel J, et al. Progressive retinal degeneration and dysfunction in R6 Huntington's disease mice. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:3351-9 pubmed..Retinopathy in R6 and R7E models can be monitored in living mice by ERG and fundus examination, which can facilitate in vivo evaluation of therapeutic agents in polyQ disorders. ..
- Niederreither K, Vermot J, Le Roux I, Schuhbaur B, Chambon P, Dolle P. The regional pattern of retinoic acid synthesis by RALDH2 is essential for the development of posterior pharyngeal arches and the enteric nervous system. Development. 2003;130:2525-34 pubmed..Thus, RALDH2 plays a crucial role in producing RA required for pharyngeal development, and RA is one of the diffusible mesodermal signals that pattern the pharyngeal endoderm. ..
- Gautier Stein A, Domon Dell C, Calon A, Bady I, Freund J, Mithieux G, et al. Differential regulation of the glucose-6-phosphatase TATA box by intestine-specific homeodomain proteins CDX1 and CDX2. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:5238-46 pubmed..They also suggest that CDX transactivation might be essential for intestine gene expression, irrespective of the presence of a functional TATA box. ..
- Robert R, Norez C, Becq F. Disruption of CFTR chloride channel alters mechanical properties and cAMP-dependent Cl- transport of mouse aortic smooth muscle cells. J Physiol. 2005;568:483-95 pubmed..To our knowledge this study is the first to report the phenotypic consequences of the loss of a Cl(-) channel on vascular reactivity...
- Darrasse Jèze G, Darasse Jèze G, Klatzmann D, Charlotte F, Salomon B, Cohen J. CD4+CD25+ regulatory/suppressor T cells prevent allogeneic fetus rejection in mice. Immunol Lett. 2006;102:106-9 pubmed..These observations were not made in the context of syngeneic pregnancies. Thus, T(reg) play a major role in maternal-fetal tolerance. ..
- Ricaud S, Vernus B, Bonnieu A. Response of human rhabdomyosarcoma cell lines to retinoic acid: relationship with induction of differentiation and retinoic acid sensitivity. Exp Cell Res. 2005;311:192-204 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that RA-resistance of RD cells is linked to their lack of differentiation and suggest that the differentiation-promoting activity of RA requires factors other than RAR-RXR heterodimers. ..
- Kosmider O, Denis N, Lacout C, Vainchenker W, Dubreuil P, Moreau Gachelin F. Kit-activating mutations cooperate with Spi-1/PU.1 overexpression to promote tumorigenic progression during erythroleukemia in mice. Cancer Cell. 2005;8:467-78 pubmed..These findings represent a proof of principle for oncogenic cooperativity between one proliferative and one differentiation blocking event for the development of an overt leukemia. ..
- Lagouge M, Argmann C, Gerhart Hines Z, Meziane H, Lerin C, Daussin F, et al. Resveratrol improves mitochondrial function and protects against metabolic disease by activating SIRT1 and PGC-1alpha. Cell. 2006;127:1109-22 pubmed..These pharmacological effects of RSV combined with the association of three Sirt1 SNPs and energy homeostasis in Finnish subjects implicates SIRT1 as a key regulator of energy and metabolic homeostasis...
- Berruyer C, Pouyet L, Millet V, Martin F, LeGoffic A, Canonici A, et al. Vanin-1 licenses inflammatory mediator production by gut epithelial cells and controls colitis by antagonizing peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma activity. J Exp Med. 2006;203:2817-27 pubmed..Thus, the Vanin-1/pantetheinase activity might be a new target for therapeutic intervention in inflammatory bowel disease. ..
- Essafi Benkhadir K, Onesto C, Stebe E, Moroni C, Pages G. Tristetraprolin inhibits Ras-dependent tumor vascularization by inducing vascular endothelial growth factor mRNA degradation. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:4648-58 pubmed..Determination of TTP and ERKs status would provide useful information for the evaluation of the angiogenic potential in human tumors. ..
- Mire E, Thomasset N, Jakeman L, Rougon G. Modulating Sema3A signal with a L1 mimetic peptide is not sufficient to promote motor recovery and axon regeneration after spinal cord injury. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;37:222-35 pubmed..Our data indicate a limited direct effect of Sema3A on axonal growth at the site of a contusion injury, and suggest that alternative mechanisms underlie positive effects of Sema3A inhibition on motor recovery. ..
- Lelong C, Chevallet M, Luche S, Rabilloud T. Silver staining of proteins in 2DE gels. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;519:339-50 pubmed publisher..Several variants of silver staining are described here, which can be completed in a time range from 2 h to 1 day after the end of the electrophoretic separation. Once completed, the stain is stable for several weeks. ..
- Gauthier F, Martin O, Falque M. CODA (crossover distribution analyzer): quantitative characterization of crossover position patterns along chromosomes. BMC Bioinformatics. 2011;12:27 pubmed publisher..CODA implements that model's complex physics and mathematics, and uses a summary statistic to overcomes the lack of a computable likelihood which has hampered its use till now. ..
- Amireault P, Hatia S, Bayard E, Bernex F, Collet C, Callebert J, et al. Ineffective erythropoiesis with reduced red blood cell survival in serotonin-deficient mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:13141-6 pubmed publisher..Our thorough analysis of TPH1(-/-) mice provides a unique model of morphological and functional aberrations of erythropoiesis and identifies 5-HT as a key factor for red blood cell production and survival. ..
- Lefrançois Martinez A, Blondet Trichard A, Binart N, Val P, Chambon C, Sahut Barnola I, et al. Transcriptional control of adrenal steroidogenesis: novel connection between Janus kinase (JAK) 2 protein and protein kinase A (PKA) through stabilization of cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB) transcription factor. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:32976-85 pubmed publisher..Hence, we describe a novel link between PKA and JAK2 by which nuclear JAK2 signaling controls adrenal steroidogenesis by increasing the stability of CREB. ..
- Mourier G, Hajj M, Cordier F, Zorba A, Gao X, Coskun T, et al. Pharmacological and structural characterization of long-sarafotoxins, a new family of endothelin-like peptides: Role of the C-terminus extension. Biochimie. 2012;94:461-70 pubmed publisher..Finally, one of the chimeric toxin synthesized in this study appears to be one of the most potent and selective ligand of the ET(B) receptor known to date. ..
- Kizilyaprak C, Spehner D, Devys D, Schultz P. The linker histone H1C contributes to the SCA7 nuclear phenotype. Nucleus. 2011;2:444-54 pubmed publisher..The decreased histone H1c content thus provides a coherent explanation for the chromatin decondensation observed in SCA7 rod photoreceptor nuclei. ..
- Orvoen S, Pla P, Gardier A, Saudou F, David D. Huntington's disease knock-in male mice show specific anxiety-like behaviour and altered neuronal maturation. Neurosci Lett. 2012;507:127-32 pubmed publisher..Together, our results highlight sex differences in both behaviour and adult neurogenesis in a knock-in model of HD...