Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Australia
Publications325 found, 100 shown here
- Zhong J, Hadis U, De Kluyver R, Leggatt G, Fernando G, Frazer I. TLR7 stimulation augments T effector-mediated rejection of skin expressing neo-self antigen in keratinocytes. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:73-81 pubmed..Thus, local pro-inflammatory signalling via TLR7 can promote effector T cell function against skin cells displaying their nominal antigen. ..
- Ludlow L, Purton L, Klarmann K, Gough D, Hii L, Trapani J, et al. The role of p202 in regulating hematopoietic cell proliferation and differentiation. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2008;28:5-11 pubmed publisher..Thus, p202 plays a role in regulating the proliferative capacity of hematopoietic cells. ..
- Cridland S, Keys J, Papathanasiou P, Perkins A. Indian hedgehog supports definitive erythropoiesis. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2009;43:149-55 pubmed publisher..These loss-of-function studies are consistent with previous gain-of-function studies which show Ihh can induce blood from ectoderm or expand HSCs in stroma-dependent culture. ..
- Sobinoff A, Pye V, Nixon B, Roman S, McLaughlin E. Jumping the gun: smoking constituent BaP causes premature primordial follicle activation and impairs oocyte fusibility through oxidative stress. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2012;260:70-80 pubmed publisher..This study highlights BaP as a key compound which may be partially responsible for the documented effects of cigarette smoke on follicular development and sub-fertility. ..
- Zhang L, Koyyalamudi S, Jeong S, Reddy N, Smith P, Ananthan R, et al. Antioxidant and immunomodulatory activities of polysaccharides from the roots of Sanguisorba officinalis. Int J Biol Macromol. 2012;51:1057-62 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the roots of S. officinalis are likely to have therapeutic value for the treatment of cancer...
- Svistounov D, Warren A, McNerney G, Owen D, Zencak D, Zykova S, et al. The Relationship between fenestrations, sieve plates and rafts in liver sinusoidal endothelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46134 pubmed publisher..The results are consistent with a sieve-raft interaction, where fenestrations form in non-raft lipid-disordered regions of endothelial cells once the membrane-stabilizing effects of actin cytoskeleton and membrane rafts are diminished. ..
- Reid C, Kim T, Phillips A, Low J, Berkovic S, Luscher B, et al. Multiple molecular mechanisms for a single GABAA mutation in epilepsy. Neurology. 2013;80:1003-8 pubmed publisher..These mouse studies help to provide a conceptual framework within which clinical heterogeneity seen in genetic epilepsy can be explained. ..
- Howitt L, Kuo I, Ellis A, Chaston D, Shin H, Hansen P, et al. Chronic deficit in nitric oxide elicits oxidative stress and augments T-type calcium-channel contribution to vascular tone of rodent arteries and arterioles. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;98:449-57 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence for a novel causal link between nitric oxide deficit, oxidative stress, and T-type calcium channel function. ..
- Middleton R, Liu G, Banati R. Guwiyang Wurra--'Fire Mouse': a global gene knockout model for TSPO/PBR drug development, loss-of-function and mechanisms of compensation studies. Biochem Soc Trans. 2015;43:553-8 pubmed publisher..In addition to defining the role of TSPO/PBR, we also describe the value of Tspo knockout mice in determining the selectivity, specificity and presence of any off-target effects of TSPO/PBR ligands. ..
- Deane J, Ong Y, Cain J, Jayasekara W, Tiwari A, Carlone D, et al. The mouse endometrium contains epithelial, endothelial and leucocyte populations expressing the stem cell marker telomerase reverse transcriptase. Mol Hum Reprod. 2016;22:272-84 pubmed publisher..E.G.), the Victorian Infrastructure Support Program, U.S. National Institutes of Health grant R01 DK084056 (D.T.B.) and the Harvard Stem Cell Institute (D.T.B.). The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare. ..
- Remenyi J, Bajan S, Fuller Pace F, Arthur J, Hutvagner G. The loop structure and the RNA helicase p72/DDX17 influence the processing efficiency of the mice miR-132. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22848 pubmed publisher..The DEAD box helicase p72/DDX17 was identified as a factor that facilitates the specific processing of miR-132. ..
- Gillinder K, Ilsley M, NÃ©bor D, Sachidanandam R, Lajoie M, Magor G, et al. Promiscuous DNA-binding of a mutant zinc finger protein corrupts the transcriptome and diminishes cell viability. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:1130-1143 pubmed publisher..Together, these results shed new light on the mechanisms by which missense mutations in DNA-binding domains of transcription factors can lead to autosomal dominant diseases. ..
- Mullbacher A, Waring P, Tha Hla R, Tran T, Chin S, Stehle T, et al. Granzymes are the essential downstream effector molecules for the control of primary virus infections by cytolytic leukocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:13950-5 pubmed..These results establish that both gzmA and gzmB are indispensable effector molecules acting in concert with perforin in granule exocytosis-mediated host defense against natural viral pathogens...
- Hamilton Williams E, Serreze D, Charlton B, Johnson E, Marron M, Mullbacher A, et al. Transgenic rescue implicates beta2-microglobulin as a diabetes susceptibility gene in nonobese diabetic (NOD) mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:11533-8 pubmed..Mechanistic studies indicate that the absence of the NOD beta(2)M(a) isoform on nonhematopoietic cells inhibits the development or activation of diabetogenic T cells. ..
- Bryce N, Schevzov G, Ferguson V, Percival J, Lin J, Matsumura F, et al. Specification of actin filament function and molecular composition by tropomyosin isoforms. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:1002-16 pubmed..We conclude that Tm isoforms can be used to specify the functional properties and molecular composition of actin filaments and that spatial segregation of isoforms may lead to localized specialization of actin filament function. ..
- Shang C, Waters M. Constitutively active signal transducer and activator of transcription 5 can replace the requirement for growth hormone in adipogenesis of 3T3-F442A preadipocytes. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:2494-508 pubmed..We conclude that Stat5 is a critical factor in GH-induced, and potentially prolactin-induced, murine adipogenesis. ..
- Dawson P, Steane S, Markovich D. Behavioural abnormalities of the hyposulphataemic Nas1 knock-out mouse. Behav Brain Res. 2004;154:457-63 pubmed..This is the first study to demonstrate behavioural abnormalities in the hyposulphataemic Nas1-/- mice. ..
- McCulloch D, Opeskin K, Thompson E, Williams E. BM18: A novel androgen-dependent human prostate cancer xenograft model derived from a bone metastasis. Prostate. 2005;65:35-43 pubmed..BM18 expresses PSA and AR, and rapidly regresses in response to androgen withdrawal. This provides a new clinically significant PrCa model for the study of androgen-dependent growth. ..
- Lovicu F, Ang S, Chorazyczewska M, McAvoy J. Deregulation of lens epithelial cell proliferation and differentiation during the development of TGFbeta-induced anterior subcapsular cataract. Dev Neurosci. 2004;26:446-55 pubmed..Obtaining a better understanding of the molecular aspects and cellular dynamics of cataract formation and growth is central to devising strategies for slowing or preventing this disease. ..
- King B, Savas P, Fuller M, Hopwood J, Hemsley K. Validation of a heparan sulfate-derived disaccharide as a marker of accumulation in murine mucopolysaccharidosis type IIIA. Mol Genet Metab. 2006;87:107-12 pubmed..This finding therefore provides evidence for the use of the disaccharide HNS-UA to monitor the effect of therapies for this condition in humans, when treatment strategies are devised. ..
- Gracanin M, Davies M. Inhibition of protein tyrosine phosphatases by amino acid, peptide, and protein hydroperoxides: potential modulation of cell signaling by protein oxidation products. Free Radic Biol Med. 2007;42:1543-51 pubmed..This inhibition of PTPs, by oxidized proteins containing hydroperoxide groups, may contribute to cellular dysfunction and altered redox signaling in systems subject to oxidative stress. ..
- Ball H, Sanchez Perez A, Weiser S, Austin C, Astelbauer F, Miu J, et al. Characterization of an indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-like protein found in humans and mice. Gene. 2007;396:203-13 pubmed..This identification of INDOL1 may help to explain the regulation of the diversity of physiological and patho-physiological processes in which the kynurenine pathway is involved. ..
- Li Y, Day M, O Neill C. Autocrine activation of ion currents in the two-cell mouse embryo. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:2786-94 pubmed..The results directly demonstrate the activation of a voltage-independent calcium current in response to paf and show for the first time the expression of an afterhyperpolarization that occurs as a response to the calcium transient. ..
- Carter S, Müller M, Manders P, Campbell I. Induction of the genes for Cxcl9 and Cxcl10 is dependent on IFN-gamma but shows differential cellular expression in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and by astrocytes and microglia in vitro. Glia. 2007;55:1728-39 pubmed..The differential glial localization of these chemokines in EAE suggests CXCL9 and CXCL10 have specialized functions. ..
- Swarbrick A, Roy E, Allen T, Bishop J. Id1 cooperates with oncogenic Ras to induce metastatic mammary carcinoma by subversion of the cellular senescence response. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:5402-7 pubmed publisher..Mice in which Id1 expression was inactivated also exhibited greatly reduced pulmonary metastatic load. These data demonstrate that established tumors remain sensitive to senescence and that Id1 may be a valuable target for therapy. ..
- Haley E, Au G, Carlton B, Barry R, Shafren D. Regional administration of oncolytic Echovirus 1 as a novel therapy for the peritoneal dissemination of gastric cancer. J Mol Med (Berl). 2009;87:385-99 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results emphasize the exciting potential for EV1 as a single or adjunct therapy for the control of the peritoneal dissemination of gastric cancer. ..
- Yang M, Kumar R, Foster P. Pathogenesis of steroid-resistant airway hyperresponsiveness: interaction between IFN-gamma and TLR4/MyD88 pathways. J Immunol. 2009;182:5107-15 pubmed publisher..We conclude that cooperative signaling between IFN-gamma and TLR4/MyD88 constitutes a previously unrecognized pathway that regulates macrophage-dependent steroid-resistant AHR. ..
- Viola H, Hool L. Cross-talk between L-type Ca2+ channels and mitochondria. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2010;37:229-35 pubmed publisher..5. Because the L-type Ca(2+) channel is the initiator of contraction, a functional coupling between the channels and mitochondria may assist in meeting myocardial energy demand on a beat-to-beat basis. ..
- Cho J, Kim H, Surh C, Sprent J. T cell receptor-dependent regulation of lipid rafts controls naive CD8+ T cell homeostasis. Immunity. 2010;32:214-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, TCR contact with antigen upregulates GM1 and amplifies responsiveness of naive CD8(+) T cells to IL-2, thereby making the cells highly sensitive to exogenous IL-2 from CD4(+) T helper cells. ..
- Wohlmuth H, Deseo M, Brushett D, Thompson D, Macfarlane G, Stevenson L, et al. Diarylheptanoid from Pleuranthodium racemigerum with in vitro prostaglandin E(2) inhibitory and cytotoxic activity. J Nat Prod. 2010;73:743-6 pubmed publisher..6 microM), and MCF7 mammary adenocarcinoma (IC(50) = 56.9 microM). The cytotoxicity of compound 1 closely resembled that of curcumin, in terms of both IC(50) values and dose-response curves...
- Bennett M. Synapse regression in depression: the role of 5-HT receptors in modulating NMDA receptor function and synaptic plasticity. Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2010;44:301-8 pubmed publisher..In this way, SSRIs may exert their effect in normalizing dorsal hypometabolism and ventral hypermetabolism in those suffering from depression. ..
- Howitt L, Chaston D, Sandow S, Matthaei K, Edwards F, Hill C. Spreading vasodilatation in the murine microcirculation: attenuation by oxidative stress-induced change in electromechanical coupling. J Physiol. 2013;591:2157-73 pubmed publisher..We suggest that during cardiovascular disease, the ability of microvascular networks to maintain tissue integrity may be compromised due to oxidative stress-induced changes in electromechanical coupling. ..
- Vivekanandarajah A, Chan Y, Chen H, Machaalani R. Prenatal cigarette smoke exposure effects on apoptotic and nicotinic acetylcholine receptor expression in the infant mouse brainstem. Neurotoxicology. 2016;53:53-63 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to demonstrate that nAChR subunits are affected following pre- into post-natal SE and that they simultaneously coincided with changes in apoptotic expression. ..
- Krause Heuer A, Fraser Spears R, Dobrowolski J, Ashford M, Wyatt N, Roberts M, et al. Evaluation of the antidepressant therapeutic potential of isocyanine and pseudoisocyanine analogues of the organic cation decynium-22. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;137:476-487 pubmed publisher..Plans for additional evaluations of these promising analogues, including measurement of antidepressant-like activity with co-administration of selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRIs), are outlined. ..
- Thomas P, Rathjen P. HES-1, a novel homeobox gene expressed by murine embryonic stem cells, identifies a new class of homeobox genes. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:5840 pubmed
- Lapsys N, Layfield R, Baker E, Callen D, Sutherland G, Abedinia M, et al. Chromosomal location of the human transketolase gene. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1992;61:274-5 pubmed..Southern blot analysis of a series of human x mouse and human x hamster hybrid cell lines confirmed this localisation. TKT maps to 3p14 and distal to FRA3B, localizing TKT to 3p14.3. ..
- Aversa G, Suranyi M, Waugh J, Bishop A, Hall B. Detection of a late lymphocyte activation marker by A1, a new monoclonal antibody. Transplant Proc. 1988;20:49-52 pubmed
- van Denderen B, Somerville C, Pearse M, Nottle M, Du Z, Shinkel T, et al. Expression of functional decay-accelerating factor in transgenic mice. Transplant Proc. 1995;27:3567-8 pubmed
- Haynes D, Atkins G, Loric M, Crotti T, Geary S, Findlay D. Bidirectional signaling between stromal and hemopoietic cells regulates interleukin-1 expression during human osteoclast formation. Bone. 1999;25:269-78 pubmed..These results provide novel evidence that bidirectional signaling between stromal and hemopoietic cells may be important in the generation of human osteoclasts. ..
- Gad J, Tam P. Axis development: the mouse becomes a dachshund. Curr Biol. 1999;9:R783-6 pubmed..This is the first hint that a secreted factor may influence the specification of segment identity. ..
- Verity C, McManus D, Brindley P. Developmental expression of cathepsin D aspartic protease in Schistosoma japonicum. Int J Parasitol. 1999;29:1819-24 pubmed..japonicum, express an aspartic protease. Moreover, they are consistent with the hypothesis that this enzyme plays a key role in maturing and adult schistosomes in the proteolysis of host haemoglobin from ingested erythrocytes. ..
- Bartlett E, Cull V, Brekalo N, Lenzo J, James C. Synergy of type I interferon-A6 and interferon-B naked DNA immunotherapy for cytomegalovirus infection. Immunol Cell Biol. 2002;80:425-35 pubmed..These findings suggest that immunomodulation of both antiviral and autoimmune responses by IFN DNA immunization may be an avenue for improved viral immunotherapy. ..
- Schevzov G, Bryce N, Almonte Baldonado R, Joya J, Lin J, Hardeman E, et al. Specific features of neuronal size and shape are regulated by tropomyosin isoforms. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3425-37 pubmed..Our observations support a role for different tropomyosin isoforms in regulating interactions with myosin and thereby regulating morphology in specific intracellular compartments. ..
- Schindeler A, Lavulo L, Harvey R. Muscle costameric protein, Chisel/Smpx, associates with focal adhesion complexes and modulates cell spreading in vitro via a Rac1/p38 pathway. Exp Cell Res. 2005;307:367-80 pubmed..Our data suggest that Csl localizes to the costameric cytoskeleton of muscle cells through an association with focal adhesion proteins, where it may participate in regulation of cytoskeletal dynamics through the Rac1-p38 pathway. ..
- Allen T, Zhang F, Moodie S, Clemens L, Smith A, Gregoire F, et al. Halofenate is a selective peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma modulator with antidiabetic activity. Diabetes. 2006;55:2523-33 pubmed..Our data establish halofenate as a novel SPPARgammaM with promising therapeutic utility with the potential for less weight gain. ..
- Young K, Merson T, Sotthibundhu A, Coulson E, Bartlett P. p75 neurotrophin receptor expression defines a population of BDNF-responsive neurogenic precursor cells. J Neurosci. 2007;27:5146-55 pubmed
- Gorman S, Kuritzky L, Judge M, Dixon K, McGlade J, Mason R, et al. Topically applied 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 enhances the suppressive activity of CD4+CD25+ cells in the draining lymph nodes. J Immunol. 2007;179:6273-83 pubmed..These studies suggest that 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) may be an important mediator by which UVB-irradiation exerts some of its immunomodulatory effects. ..
- Bildsoe H, Loebel D, Jones V, Chen Y, Behringer R, Tam P. Requirement for Twist1 in frontonasal and skull vault development in the mouse embryo. Dev Biol. 2009;331:176-88 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the formation of other mesodermal skeletal derivatives such as the occipital bones and most of the chondrocranium are not affected by the loss of Twist1 in the neural crest cells. ..
- Foong Y, Jans D, Rolph M, Gahan M, Mahalingam S. Interleukin-15 mediates potent antiviral responses via an interferon-dependent mechanism. Virology. 2009;393:228-37 pubmed publisher..Using knockout mice and antibody depletion studies, we showed for the first time that the control of VV-IL-15 replication in mice is dependent on NK cells and IFNs and, in their absence, the protective role of IL-15 is abolished. ..
- Filipovska Naumovska E, Thompson M, Hopwood D, Pass D, Wilcox G. Strain- and age-associated variation in viral persistence and antibody response to mouse parvovirus 1 in experimentally infected mice. J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci. 2010;49:443-7 pubmed..The difficulty of detecting antibody in mice with a BALB/c background indicates they are unsuitable for routine surveillance of MPV1f infection. ..
- Llewellyn Smith I, Reimann F, Gribble F, Trapp S. Preproglucagon neurons project widely to autonomic control areas in the mouse brain. Neuroscience. 2011;180:111-21 pubmed publisher..Hence, animals in which specific populations of neurons have been genetically-modified to express fluorescent proteins are likely to prove ideal for anatomical studies. ..
- Charytonowicz E, Matushansky I, Castillo Martin M, Hricik T, Cordon Cardo C, Ziman M. Alternate PAX3 and PAX7 C-terminal isoforms in myogenic differentiation and sarcomagenesis. Clin Transl Oncol. 2011;13:194-203 pubmed publisher..More specifically, the Pax3c isoform may be required for terminal myogenic differentiation whereas the Pax3d isoform may be involved in undifferentiated cell maintenance and/or proliferation. ..
- Haque A, Best S, Ammerdorffer A, Desbarrieres L, de Oca M, Amante F, et al. Type I interferons suppress CD4? T-cell-dependent parasite control during blood-stage Plasmodium infection. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:2688-98 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have elucidated a novel regulatory pathway in primary blood-stage Plasmodium infection that suppresses CD4(+) T-cell-mediated parasite control. ..
- Van Rooyen D, Larter C, Haigh W, Yeh M, Ioannou G, Kuver R, et al. Hepatic free cholesterol accumulates in obese, diabetic mice and causes nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. Gastroenterology. 2011;141:1393-403, 1403.e1-5 pubmed publisher..In obese, diabetic mice, hyperinsulinemia alters nuclear transcriptional regulators of cholesterol homeostasis, leading to hepatic accumulation of free cholesterol; the resulting cytotoxicity mediates transition of steatosis to NASH. ..
- Dun M, Anderson A, Bromfield E, Asquith K, Emmett B, McLaughlin E, et al. Investigation of the expression and functional significance of the novel mouse sperm protein, a disintegrin and metalloprotease with thrombospondin type 1 motifs number 10 (ADAMTS10). Int J Androl. 2012;35:572-89 pubmed publisher..Overall, these studies support the notion that sperm-oocyte interactions involve considerable functional redundancy and identify ADAMTS10 as a novel candidate in the mediation of these fundamentally important events. ..
- Tiffen J, Bailey C, Marshall A, Metierre C, Feng Y, Wang Q, et al. The cancer-testis antigen BORIS phenocopies the tumor suppressor CTCF in normal and neoplastic cells. Int J Cancer. 2013;133:1603-13 pubmed publisher..Hence, acquired zinc finger mutations may disrupt these functions, thereby contributing to tumor growth and development. ..
- Kling J, Darby J, Korner H. CCR7 facilitates the pro-inflammatory function of dendritic cells in experimental leishmaniasis. Parasite Immunol. 2014;36:177-85 pubmed publisher..WT mice injected with B6.CCR7(-/-) DCs also presented delayed healing of the lesion. These results indicate that CCR7 must be expressed on DCs, as well as peripheral cells, to allow an efficient immune response to L. major. ..
- Berry A, Paton J. Sequence heterogeneity of PsaA, a 37-kilodalton putative adhesin essential for virulence of Streptococcus pneumoniae. Infect Immun. 1996;64:5255-62 pubmed..pneumoniae R36A. The deduced amino acid sequences of mature PsaA from the two strains had only 81% homology, with the bulk of the variation occurring in the amino-terminal portion...
- Jordan M, Silveira P, Shepherd D, Chu C, Kinder S, Chen J, et al. Linkage analysis of systemic lupus erythematosus induced in diabetes-prone nonobese diabetic mice by Mycobacterium bovis. J Immunol. 2000;165:1673-84 pubmed..However, three of the four regions identified had been previously implicated in other autoimmune diseases. ..
- de Iongh R, Lovicu F, Overbeek P, Schneider M, Joya J, Hardeman E, et al. Requirement for TGFbeta receptor signaling during terminal lens fiber differentiation. Development. 2001;128:3995-4010 pubmed..These results indicate that TGFbeta signaling is a key event during fiber differentiation and is required for completion of terminal differentiation. ..
- Teoh N, Field J, Sutton J, Farrell G. Dual role of tumor necrosis factor-alpha in hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury: studies in tumor necrosis factor-alpha gene knockout mice. Hepatology. 2004;39:412-21 pubmed..In conclusion, TNF appears to mediate both the early and late phases of liver injury in hepatic IR, but it also is an essential mediator of hepatoprotective effects brought about by ischemic preconditioning. ..
- Cromer D, Evans K, Schofield L, Davenport M. Preferential invasion of reticulocytes during late-stage Plasmodium berghei infection accounts for reduced circulating reticulocyte levels. Int J Parasitol. 2006;36:1389-97 pubmed
- Brooke S, Newcombe G, Nicholson B, Klass G. Decrease in toxicity of microcystins LA and LR in drinking water by ozonation. Toxicon. 2006;48:1054-9 pubmed..At this ozone residual no toxin was detected using HPLC. The results indicate that microcystins are not transformed into toxic by-products. ..
- Harrison J, Bertram E, Boyle D, Coupar B, Ranasinghe C, Ramshaw I. 4-1BBL coexpression enhances HIV-specific CD8 T cell memory in a poxvirus prime-boost vaccine. Vaccine. 2006;24:6867-74 pubmed..This data is the first to show modulation of the immune response to a viral vaccine by coexpression of 4-1BBL and supports this strategy as an exciting approach for enhancement of T cell memory in prime-boost vaccines. ..
- Lincoln D, Singal P, Al Banaw A. Growth hormone in vascular pathology: neovascularization and expression of receptors is associated with cellular proliferation. Anticancer Res. 2007;27:4201-18 pubmed..The use of anti-GHR antibodies to block tumour progression is an intriguing possibility. ..
- Gardam S, Sierro F, Basten A, Mackay F, Brink R. TRAF2 and TRAF3 signal adapters act cooperatively to control the maturation and survival signals delivered to B cells by the BAFF receptor. Immunity. 2008;28:391-401 pubmed publisher..This process was TRAF2 dependent, revealing dual roles for TRAF2 in regulating B cell homeostasis. ..
- Ruitenberg M, Vukovic J, Blomster L, Hall J, Jung S, Filgueira L, et al. CX3CL1/fractalkine regulates branching and migration of monocyte-derived cells in the mouse olfactory epithelium. J Neuroimmunol. 2008;205:80-5 pubmed publisher..These observations are first to demonstrate phenotypic differences in appearance and distribution of monocyte-derived cells in nervous tissue due to CX3CR1 deficiency. ..
- Lee C, Kolesnik T, Caminschi I, Chakravorty A, Carter W, Alexander W, et al. Suppressor of cytokine signalling 1 (SOCS1) is a physiological regulator of the asthma response. Clin Exp Allergy. 2009;39:897-907 pubmed publisher..Together these results indicate that SOCS1 is an important regulator of the Th2 response. ..
- Karl T, Chesworth R, Duffy L, Herzog H. Schizophrenia-relevant behaviours in a genetic mouse model for Y2 deficiency. Behav Brain Res. 2010;207:434-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, Y2 depletion influences a range of behaviours, which are potentially relevant for schizophrenia-related research. ..
- Gu B, Saunders B, Jursik C, Wiley J. The P2X7-nonmuscle myosin membrane complex regulates phagocytosis of nonopsonized particles and bacteria by a pathway attenuated by extracellular ATP. Blood. 2010;115:1621-31 pubmed publisher..The inhibitory effect of ATP on particle uptake by the macrophage is regulated by the P2X(7) receptor and defines this phagocytic pathway. ..
- Rana S, Rogers L, Halliday G. Immunosuppressive ultraviolet-A radiation inhibits the development of skin memory CD8 T cells. Photochem Photobiol Sci. 2010;9:25-30 pubmed publisher..However, exposure to immunosuppressive UVA causes a defect in CD8 T cell development that impairs the ability of cells to become long-term memory cells. ..
- Viebahn C, Benseler V, Holz L, Elsegood C, Vo M, Bertolino P, et al. Invading macrophages play a major role in the liver progenitor cell response to chronic liver injury. J Hepatol. 2010;53:500-7 pubmed publisher..Invading macrophages in particular provide pro-mitogenic cytokines such as TNFalpha that underpin the process. LPC themselves are a source of chemokines (CCL2, CX(3)CL1) that attract infiltrating macrophages. ..
- Lau S, Lin S, Stokes R, Cheng K, Baldock P, Enriquez R, et al. Synergistic effects of genetic beta cell dysfunction and maternal glucose intolerance on offspring metabolic phenotype in mice. Diabetologia. 2011;54:910-21 pubmed publisher..In ?Arnt mice, exposure to GDM and inheritance of genetic beta cell dysfunction had additive effects on male offspring obesity; severity of the offspring phenotype correlated with maternal glycaemia. ..
- Holt J, Tran S, Stewart J, Minahan K, Garcia Higuera I, Moreno S, et al. The APC/C activator FZR1 coordinates the timing of meiotic resumption during prophase I arrest in mammalian oocytes. Development. 2011;138:905-13 pubmed publisher..Thus, APC/C(FZR1) activity is required to repress cyclin B1 levels in oocytes during prophase I arrest in the ovary, thereby maintaining meiotic quiescence until hormonal cues trigger resumption. ..
- Acikyol B, Graham R, Trinder D, House M, Olynyk J, Scott R, et al. Brain transcriptome perturbations in the transferrin receptor 2 mutant mouse support the case for brain changes in iron loading disorders, including effects relating to long-term depression and long-term potentiation. Neuroscience. 2013;235:119-28 pubmed publisher..Perturbations of brain phenomena such as long-term depression and long-term potentiation might partly explain neurologic symptoms reported for some hemochromatosis patients. ..
- Mahony D, Cavallaro A, Stahr F, Mahony T, Qiao S, Mitter N. Mesoporous silica nanoparticles act as a self-adjuvant for ovalbumin model antigen in mice. Small. 2013;9:3138-46 pubmed publisher..These results establish the biocompatible MCM-41 silica nanoparticles as a new method for vaccine delivery which incorporates a self-adjuvant effect. ..
- Shaikh M, Tan K, Borges K. Anticonvulsant screening of luteolin in four mouse seizure models. Neurosci Lett. 2013;550:195-9 pubmed publisher..In summary, we found no indications that luteolin is pro- or anti-convulsant in one chronic and three acute mouse seizure models. ..
- Joglekar M, Trivedi P, Kay T, Hawthorne W, O Connell P, Jenkins A, et al. Human islet cells are killed by BID-independent mechanisms in response to FAS ligand. Apoptosis. 2016;21:379-89 pubmed publisher..These results are different from those observed in mouse islets and therefore demonstrate potentially alternate pathways of FAS ligand-induced cell death in human and mouse islet cells. ..
- Rizos H, Darmanian A, Mann G, Kefford R. Two arginine rich domains in the p14ARF tumour suppressor mediate nucleolar localization. Oncogene. 2000;19:2978-85 pubmed..The INK4a/ARF exon2-mutations could affect the function of both the p16INK4a and p14ARF tumour suppressors. Oncogene (2000). ..
- Manderson A, Pickering M, Botto M, Walport M, Parish C. Continual low-level activation of the classical complement pathway. J Exp Med. 2001;194:747-56 pubmed..This antigen-independent mechanism for classical pathway activation may augment activation of the complement system at sites of inflammation and infarction. ..
- Ohlsson M, Gordon T, Waterman S. Role of anti-calcium channel and anti-receptor autoantibodies in autonomic dysfunction in Sjögren's syndrome. J Neuroimmunol. 2002;127:127-33 pubmed
- Leclercq I, Farrell G, Schriemer R, Robertson G. Leptin is essential for the hepatic fibrogenic response to chronic liver injury. J Hepatol. 2002;37:206-13 pubmed..These data establish that leptin is an essential mediator of hepatic fibrosis in response to chronic liver injury, whether metabolic or toxic in aetiology. ..
- Levesque J, Takada Y, Puzon McLaughlin W, Simmons P. A novel monoclonal antibody recognizing a cation-dependent epitope within the regulatory loop of human beta(1) integrin (CD29). Hybrid Hybridomics. 2002;21:253-60 pubmed..9H9 binding. Our data therefore suggest that the regulatory epitope of the human beta(1) integrin chain is flexible with multiple conformations according to the cationic environment. ..