Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Argentina
Publications482 found, 100 shown here
- Rabinovich G, Croci D. Regulatory circuits mediated by lectin-glycan interactions in autoimmunity and cancer. Immunity. 2012;36:322-35 pubmed publisher..We also discuss the mechanisms by which glycan-dependent regulatory programs integrate into canonical circuits that amplify or silence immune responses related to autoimmunity and neoplastic disease. ..
- Casanova N, Ariagno J, López Nigro M, Mendeluk G, de los A Gette M, Petenatti E, et al. In vivo antigenotoxic activity of watercress juice (Nasturtium officinale) against induced DNA damage. J Appl Toxicol. 2013;33:880-5 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed in order to establish the protective role of watercress juice against DNA damage...
- Pagotto R, Monzón C, Moreno M, Pignataro O, Mondillo C. Proliferative effect of histamine on MA-10 Leydig tumor cells mediated through HRH2 activation, transient elevation in cAMP production, and increased extracellular signal-regulated kinase phosphorylation levels. Biol Reprod. 2012;87:150 pubmed publisher
- Crespo M, Zacca E, Nuñez N, Ranocchia R, Maccioni M, Maletto B, et al. TLR7 triggering with polyuridylic acid promotes cross-presentation in CD8?+ conventional dendritic cells by enhancing antigen preservation and MHC class I antigen permanence on the dendritic cell surface. J Immunol. 2013;190:948-60 pubmed publisher..These observations clearly reveal that key steps of Ag processing for cross-presentation can be modulated by TLR ligands, opening new avenues for understanding their mechanisms as adjuvants of the immune response. ..
- Smitsaart E, Saiz J, Yedloutschnig R, Morgan D. Detection of foot-and-mouth disease virus by competitive ELISA using a monoclonal antibody specific for the 12S protein subunit from six of the seven serotypes. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 1990;26:251-65 pubmed..The results indicate that the sensitivity of this test is greater than CF and approaches that of virus isolation. ..
- Candurra N, Damonte E, Coto C. Antigenic relationships between attenuated and pathogenic strains of Junin virus. J Med Virol. 1989;27:145-50 pubmed..The relatedness among JV strains was expressed quantitatively through a dendrogram based on taxonomic distance coefficients. The field strains of JV were grouped into two clusters, according to their geographic origin. ..
- Bianchi T, Aviles G, Monath T, Sabattini M. Western equine encephalomyelitis: virulence markers and their epidemiologic significance. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1993;49:322-8 pubmed..In South America, no virus with intermediate virulence characteristics has been described. We speculate that epizootics may arise from nonpathogenic strains such as AG80-646 maintained in enzootic transmission cycles...
- Lopez M, Viale D, Cafferata E, Bravo A, Carbone C, Gould D, et al. Tumor associated stromal cells play a critical role on the outcome of the oncolytic efficacy of conditionally replicative adenoviruses. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5119 pubmed publisher..The whole data indicate that stromal cells might play an important role on the outcome of the oncolytic efficacy of conditionally replicative adenoviruses. ..
- Garcia Tornadú I, Diaz Torga G, Risso G, Silveyra P, Cataldi N, Ramirez M, et al. Hypothalamic orexin, OX1, alphaMSH, NPY and MCRs expression in dopaminergic D2R knockout mice. Neuropeptides. 2009;43:267-74 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a sexually dimorphic participation of the D2R in food intake regulation. ..
- Barugel M, Vargas C, Krygier Waltier G. Metastatic colorectal cancer: recent advances in its clinical management. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2009;9:1829-47 pubmed publisher..Identification of biological markers is expected to help determine which patients are most likely to respond to these newer agents and thus improve targeted therapy. ..
- Bulloj A, Leal M, Xu H, Castano E, Morelli L. Insulin-degrading enzyme sorting in exosomes: a secretory pathway for a key brain amyloid-beta degrading protease. J Alzheimers Dis. 2010;19:79-95 pubmed publisher..Our results reinforce the relevance of functional IDE in the catabolism of extracellular Abeta. ..
- Quintero C, Giraudo C, Villarreal M, Montich G, Maccioni H. Identification of a site in Sar1 involved in the interaction with the cytoplasmic tail of glycolipid glycosyltransferases. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:30340-6 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that amino acids in site A of Sar1 are involved in the interaction with the CT of GGT for concentration at ER exiting sites. ..
- Frick L, Rapanelli M, Arcos M, Cremaschi G, Genaro A. Oral administration of fluoxetine alters the proliferation/apoptosis balance of lymphoma cells and up-regulates T cell immunity in tumor-bearing mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;659:265-72 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that the up-regulation of T-cell mediated antitumor immunity may be contributing to the alterations of tumor cell proliferation and apoptosis thus resulting in the inhibition of tumor progression. ..
- Bianco M, Blanco F, Forrellad M, Aguilar D, Campos E, Klepp L, et al. Knockout mutation of p27-p55 operon severely reduces replication of Mycobacterium bovis in a macrophagic cell line and survival in a mouse model of infection. Virulence. 2011;2:233-7 pubmed..The reintroduction of p55 into the mutant strain partially restored the virulence of the bacteria while no complementation was achieved with p27 individual gene. ..
- Leal M, Surace E, Holgado M, Ferrari C, Tarelli R, Pitossi F, et al. Notch signaling proteins HES-1 and Hey-1 bind to insulin degrading enzyme (IDE) proximal promoter and repress its transcription and activity: implications for cellular A? metabolism. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:227-35 pubmed publisher..Our results support our theory that a Notch-dependent IDE transcriptional modulation may impact on A? metabolism providing a functional link between Notch signaling and the amyloidogenic pathway in SAD. ..
- Giulianelli S, Vaque J, Soldati R, Wargon V, Vanzulli S, Martins R, et al. Estrogen receptor alpha mediates progestin-induced mammary tumor growth by interacting with progesterone receptors at the cyclin D1/MYC promoters. Cancer Res. 2012;72:2416-27 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings argued that ER?-PR association on target gene promoters is essential for progestin-induced cell proliferation. ..
- Mejías M, Ghersi G, Craig P, Panek C, Bentancor L, Baschkier A, et al. Immunization with a chimera consisting of the B subunit of Shiga toxin type 2 and brucella lumazine synthase confers total protection against Shiga toxins in mice. J Immunol. 2013;191:2403-11 pubmed publisher..coli. ..
- Castro C, Barcala Tabarrozzi A, Winnewisser J, Gimeno M, Antunica Noguerol M, Liberman A, et al. Curcumin ameliorates autoimmune diabetes. Evidence in accelerated murine models of type 1 diabetes. Clin Exp Immunol. 2014;177:149-60 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal an effective therapeutic effect of curcumin in autoimmune diabetes by its actions on key immune cells responsible for ? cell death. ..
- Martinez M, Afonso S, Meiss R, Buzaleh A, Batlle A. Hepatic damage and oxidative stress induced by Griseofulvin in mice. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2009;55:127-39 pubmed..In conclusion, our model of Protoporphyria produced liver alterations similar to those found in EPP patients. ..
- Beguelin W, Díaz Flaqué M, Proietti C, Cayrol F, Rivas M, Tkach M, et al. Progesterone receptor induces ErbB-2 nuclear translocation to promote breast cancer growth via a novel transcriptional effect: ErbB-2 function as a coactivator of Stat3. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:5456-72 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a novel therapeutic intervention for PR- and ErbB-2-positive breast tumors via the specific blockage of ErbB-2 nuclear translocation...
- Sonzogni S, Ogara M, Belluscio L, Castillo D, Scassa M, Cánepa E. p19INK4d is involved in the cellular senescence mechanism contributing to heterochromatin formation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1840:2171-83 pubmed publisher..This study provides novel insights into the dynamics process of cellular senescence, a central tumor suppressive mechanism. ..
- Cacciabue M, García Núñez M, Delgado F, Currá A, Marrero R, Molinari P, et al. Differential replication of Foot-and-mouth disease viruses in mice determine lethality. Virology. 2017;509:195-204 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the biological significance of discrete genomic variations and reinforce the usefulness of this animal model to study viral determinants of lethality. ..
- PÃ©rez BrandÃ¡n C, MesÃas A, Parodi C, Cimino R, PÃ©rez BrandÃ¡n C, Diosque P, et al. Effects of IFN-Î³ coding plasmid supplementation in the immune response and protection elicited by Trypanosoma cruzi attenuated parasites. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:732 pubmed publisher..cruzi attenuated infection; however, this outcome is not reflected in an improved protection against further virulent infections. ..
- Mathieu P, Gómez K, Coutelier J, Retegui L. Identification of two liver proteins recognized by autoantibodies elicited in mice infected with mouse hepatitis virus A59. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:1447-55 pubmed..Additionally, a second protein recognized by the autoAb was detected during FAH purification steps and was identified as liver alcohol dehydrogenase. ..
- Peluffo G, Stillitani I, Rodríguez V, Diament M, Klein S. Reduction of tumor progression and paraneoplastic syndrome development in murine lung adenocarcinoma by nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs. Int J Cancer. 2004;110:825-30 pubmed..Improvement in performance status through modulation of cachexia may offer a possibility for combining anti-inflammatory treatments with more aggressive therapies. ..
- Galdeano C, Perdigon G. Role of viability of probiotic strains in their persistence in the gut and in mucosal immune stimulation. J Appl Microbiol. 2004;97:673-81 pubmed..The regular consumption of probiotics should not adversely affect the host. ..
- Racedo S, Villena J, Medina M, Agüero G, Rodriguez V, Alvarez S. Lactobacillus casei administration reduces lung injuries in a Streptococcus pneumoniae infection in mice. Microbes Infect. 2006;8:2359-66 pubmed
- Burgueño A, Landa M, Schuman M, Alvarez A, Carabelli J, Garcia S, et al. Association between diencephalic thyroliberin and arterial blood pressure in agouti-yellow and ob/ob mice may be mediated by leptin. Metabolism. 2007;56:1439-43 pubmed..These results add evidence to the putative molecular mechanisms for the strong association between obesity and hypertension. ..
- Cazorla S, Frank F, Becker P, Arnaiz M, Mirkin G, Corral R, et al. Redirection of the immune response to the functional catalytic domain of the cystein proteinase cruzipain improves protective immunity against Trypanosoma cruzi infection. J Infect Dis. 2010;202:136-44 pubmed publisher..However, our studies show that this can be reverted by using the N-terminal domain as a tailored immunogen able to redirect host responses to provide enhanced protection. ..
- Leal Denis M, Incicco J, Espelt M, Verstraeten S, Pignataro O, Lazarowski E, et al. Kinetics of extracellular ATP in mastoparan 7-activated human erythrocytes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1830:4692-707 pubmed publisher..The peptide mastoparan 7 (MST7) stimulated ATP release in human erythrocytes. We explored intra- and extracellular processes governing the time-dependent accumulation of extracellular ATP (i.e., ATPe kinetics)...
- Duhart J, Leone M, Paladino N, Evans J, Castanon Cervantes O, Davidson A, et al. Suprachiasmatic astrocytes modulate the circadian clock in response to TNF-?. J Immunol. 2013;191:4656-64 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a role for astroglial cells in the alteration of circadian timing by immune activation. ..
- De Gregorio P, Juárez Tomás M, Leccese Terraf M, Nader Macias M. In vitro and in vivo effects of beneficial vaginal lactobacilli on pathogens responsible for urogenital tract infections. J Med Microbiol. 2014;63:685-96 pubmed publisher..However, as these effects were not evidenced in the murine model used, further animal studies under different experimental conditions should be conducted to evaluate the preventive effect of Lb against challenge with S. agalactiae. ..
- Pazo J, Vaccaro M, Tumilasci O, Murer G, Calvo E. Changes in pancreatic exocrine secretion after repeated haloperidol administration. J Auton Nerv Syst. 1989;28:189-92 pubmed..From these findings it is concluded that repeated haloperidol treatment produces an increase of basal pancreatic secretion, which is probably the result of changes in the sensitivity of dopamine receptors of the gland...
- Herrero M, Goin J, Boquet M, Canteros M, Franchi A, Perez Martinez S, et al. The nitric oxide synthase of mouse spermatozoa. FEBS Lett. 1997;411:39-42 pubmed..These results provide evidence that mature mouse sperm contains a NOS isoform and that spermatozoa have the potential ability to synthesize NO, suggesting a role for endogenous NO on mammalian sperm function. ..
- Gioffré A, Infante E, Aguilar D, Santangelo M, Klepp L, Amadio A, et al. Mutation in mce operons attenuates Mycobacterium tuberculosis virulence. Microbes Infect. 2005;7:325-34 pubmed..tuberculosis in mice, depending on the route of infection. Hypotheses are discussed to explain this last issue. Thus, mutants in these genes seem to be good candidates for vaccine testing. ..
- Farina H, Pomies M, Alonso D, Gomez D. Antitumor and antiangiogenic activity of soy isoflavone genistein in mouse models of melanoma and breast cancer. Oncol Rep. 2006;16:885-91 pubmed..Similar antiangiogenic effects were obtained with a soybean-based diet. This data suggest that tumor cell migration and proteolysis may be associated with the antitumor and antiangiogenic activity of soy isoflavone genistein. ..
- Gomez G, Daniotti J. Electrical properties of plasma membrane modulate subcellular distribution of K-Ras. FEBS J. 2007;274:2210-28 pubmed
- de la Paz Santangelo M, Klepp L, Nunez Garcia J, Blanco F, Soria M, García Pelayo M, et al. Mce3R, a TetR-type transcriptional repressor, controls the expression of a regulon involved in lipid metabolism in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Microbiology. 2009;155:2245-55 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that Mce3R controls the expression of both the putative transport system encoded in the mce3 operon and the enzymes implicated in the modification of the Mce3-transported substrates. ..
- Bucciarelli A, Minetti A, Milczakowskyg C, Skliar M. Evaluation of gastroprotective activity and acute toxicity of Solidago chilensis Meyen (Asteraceae). Pharm Biol. 2010;48:1025-30 pubmed publisher..Despite its traditional uses, no reports are available on the safety of this utilization or on the relationship between the pharmacological activities and its phytochemical compounds...
- Bruzzone A, Piñero C, Rojas P, Romanato M, Gass H, Lanari C, et al. ?(2)-Adrenoceptors enhance cell proliferation and mammary tumor growth acting through both the stroma and the tumor cells. Curr Cancer Drug Targets. 2011;11:763-74 pubmed..Chemists synthesizing adrenergic compounds should consider their action in breast cancer patients. ..
- Cooke M, Orlando U, Maloberti P, Podesta E, Cornejo Maciel F. Tyrosine phosphatase SHP2 regulates the expression of acyl-CoA synthetase ACSL4. J Lipid Res. 2011;52:1936-48 pubmed publisher..We describe for the first time the involvement of SHP2 activity in the regulation of the expression of the fatty acid-metabolizing enzyme ACSL4. ..
- Delpino M, Barrionuevo P, Macedo G, Oliveira S, Genaro S, Scian R, et al. Macrophage-elicited osteoclastogenesis in response to Brucella abortus infection requires TLR2/MyD88-dependent TNF-? production. J Leukoc Biol. 2012;91:285-98 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that B. abortus, through its lipoproteins, may be involved in bone resorption through the pathological induction of osteoclastogenesis...
- Amezcua Vesely M, Schwartz M, Bermejo D, Montes C, Cautivo K, Kalergis A, et al. Fc?RIIb and BAFF differentially regulate peritoneal B1 cell survival. J Immunol. 2012;188:4792-800 pubmed publisher..Our combined results demonstrate that Fc?RIIb controls peritoneal B1 cell survival and this program can be modulated by the BAFF signaling axis. ..
- Martínez M, Prado Acosta M, Candurra N, Ruzal S. S-layer proteins of Lactobacillus acidophilus inhibits JUNV infection. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;422:590-5 pubmed publisher..This novel characteristic of the S-layer, a GRAS status protein, contribute to the pathogen exclusion reported for this probiotic strain and may be applied as an antiviral agent to inhibit several kinds of viruses...
- Anzoise M, Marrassini C, Ferraro G, Gorzalczany S. Hydroalcoholic extract of Urtica circularis: a neuropharmacological profile. Pharm Biol. 2013;51:1236-42 pubmed publisher..This study revealed that U. circularis hydroalcoholic extract possesses sedative activity, facilitating GABAergic and cholinergic transmission. ..
- Bentancor L, Mejías M, Pinto A, Bilen M, Meiss R, Rodríguez Galán M, et al. Promoter sequence of Shiga toxin 2 (Stx2) is recognized in vivo, leading to production of biologically active Stx2. MBio. 2013;4:e00501-13 pubmed publisher..Moreover, anti-Stx2B-immunized mice were protected against pStx2 inoculation. Our results show that Stx2 is expressed in vivo from the wild stx2 gene, reproducing pathogenic damage induced by purified Stx2 or secondary to EHEC infection...
- Dejean C, Ayerra B, Teyssie A. Interferon response in the guinea pig infected with Junín virus. J Med Virol. 1987;23:83-91 pubmed..A significant weight loss was observed just after serum IFN disappearance.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Campetella O, Sanchez A, Giovanniello O. In vivo Junin virus-mouse macrophages interaction. Acta Virol. 1988;32:198-206 pubmed..Silica treatment had no effect on either resistance or susceptibility, suggesting that the "macrophage-barrier" failed to hinder or favour the course of disease. Differences with other JV models are discussed...
- Zenclussen A, Kortebani G, Mazzolli A, Margni R, Malan Borel I. Interleukin-6 and soluble interleukin-6 receptor serum levels in recurrent spontaneous abortion women immunized with paternal white cells. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2000;44:22-9 pubmed
- Tseng K, Roubert C, Do L, Rubinstein M, Kelly M, Grandy D, et al. Selective increase of Nurr1 mRNA expression in mesencephalic dopaminergic neurons of D2 dopamine receptor-deficient mice. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2000;80:1-6 pubmed..Thus, it seems plausible that the selective increase in Nurr1 expression observed in D2 receptor-deficient mice is the consequence of an impaired dopamine autoreceptor function. ..
- Lavigne M, Castro M, Andino J, Manghi M. Alternative diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough immunization schedule to evoke a Th2 tetanus and a Th1 pertussis immune response. Microbes Infect. 2004;6:481-4 pubmed..Our findings provide direct evidence that an immunization protocol with an interval of 14 days between DT and Pw primings, followed by DTPa boosters, can induce appropriate immune responses against DTP vaccine antigens. ..
- Carlucci M, Scolaro L, Noseda M, Cerezo A, Damonte E. Protective effect of a natural carrageenan on genital herpes simplex virus infection in mice. Antiviral Res. 2004;64:137-41 pubmed..The irreversible virucidal action of 1T1 against herpes virus seems to be responsible of its protective effect against virus replication and mortality following vaginal HSV-2 infection. ..
- Schijman A, Lauricella M, Marcet P, Duffy T, Cardinal M, Bisio M, et al. Differential detection of Blastocrithidia triatomae and Trypanosoma cruzi by amplification of 24salpha ribosomal RNA genes in faeces of sylvatic triatomine species from rural northwestern Argentina. Acta Trop. 2006;99:50-4 pubmed..This PCR procedure provides a rapid sensitive tool for differential diagnosis of morphologically similar trypanosomatids in field surveys of Chagas disease vectors and laboratory-reared triatomines used for xenodiagnosis. ..
- Trenchi A, Gomez G, Daniotti J. Dual acylation is required for trafficking of growth-associated protein-43 (GAP-43) to endosomal recycling compartment via an Arf6-associated endocytic vesicular pathway. Biochem J. 2009;421:357-69 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that dual acylation is required for sorting of peripheral membrane-associated GAP-43 to recycling endosome via an Arf6-associated endocytic vesicular pathway. ..
- Rivas M, Tkach M, Beguelin W, Proietti C, Rosemblit C, Charreau E, et al. Transactivation of ErbB-2 induced by tumor necrosis factor alpha promotes NF-kappaB activation and breast cancer cell proliferation. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010;122:111-24 pubmed publisher..As TNFalpha has been shown to be present in the tumor microenvironment of a significant proportion of human infiltrating breast cancers, our findings would have clinical implication in ErbB-2-positive breast cancer treatment. ..
- Laguía Becher M, Martin V, Kraemer M, Corigliano M, Yacono M, Goldman A, et al. Effect of codon optimization and subcellular targeting on Toxoplasma gondii antigen SAG1 expression in tobacco leaves to use in subcutaneous and oral immunization in mice. BMC Biotechnol. 2010;10:52 pubmed publisher..The results showed that this plant-produced protein has potential for use as vaccine and provides a potential means for protecting humans and animals against toxoplasmosis. ..
- LeBlanc J, Del Carmen S, Miyoshi A, Azevedo V, Sesma F, Langella P, et al. Use of superoxide dismutase and catalase producing lactic acid bacteria in TNBS induced Crohn's disease in mice. J Biotechnol. 2011;151:287-93 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that genetically engineered LAB that produce antioxidant enzymes could be used to prevent or decrease the severity of certain intestinal pathologies. ..
- Barrera G, Landoni V, Martire Greco D, Chiarella P, Meiss R, Gomez S, et al. Model of polymicrobial peritonitis that induces the proinflammatory and immunosuppressive phases of sepsis. Infect Immun. 2011;79:1280-8 pubmed publisher..This model provides a good approach to attempt novel therapeutic interventions directed to augmenting host immunity during late sepsis. ..
- Pasquini L, Millet V, Hoyos H, Giannoni J, Croci D, Marder M, et al. Galectin-3 drives oligodendrocyte differentiation to control myelin integrity and function. Cell Death Differ. 2011;18:1746-56 pubmed publisher..Hence, glial-derived galectin-3, but not galectin-1, promotes OLG differentiation, thus contributing to myelin integrity and function with critical implications in the recovery of inflammatory demyelinating disorders. ..
- Olivares C, Ricci A, Bilotas M, Barañao R, Meresman G. The inhibitory effect of celecoxib and rosiglitazone on experimental endometriosis. Fertil Steril. 2011;96:428-33 pubmed publisher..These results are promising and reveal that celecoxib and rosiglitazone, combined or separately, have a beneficial effect on overall endometriotic growth. ..
- Gumilar F, Agotegaray M, Bras C, Gandini N, Minetti A, Quinzani O. Anti-nociceptive activity and toxicity evaluation of Cu(II)-fenoprofenate complexes in mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012;675:32-9 pubmed publisher..Sub-acute exposure to different doses of these complexes did not produce significant changes in the parameters that evaluate toxicity. ..
- Forrellad M, Bianco M, Blanco F, Nunez J, Klepp L, Vázquez C, et al. Study of the in vivo role of Mce2R, the transcriptional regulator of mce2 operon in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. BMC Microbiol. 2013;13:200 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis. ..
- Abud J, Luque E, Ramos J, Rodriguez H. Production of monoclonal antibodies and development of a quantitative immuno-polymerase chain reaction assay to detect and quantify recombinant Glutathione S-transferase. Protein Expr Purif. 2017;135:16-23 pubmed publisher..The proposed method exhibited great potentiality for application in several fields in which measurement of very low levels of GST is necessary, and might provide a model for other IPCR assays. ..
- Zamorano P, Taboga O, Dominguez M, Romera A, Puntel M, Tami C, et al. BHV-1 DNA vaccination: effect of the adjuvant RN-205 on the modulation of the immune response in mice. Vaccine. 2002;20:2656-64 pubmed..CD8 and CD4 positive cells were also increased but to a lesser extent. Our results indicate that the incorporation of RN-205 into DNA vaccines induces an increase of the cellular specific immune response in mice. ..
- Buggiano V, Levy C, Gattelli A, Cirio M, Marfil M, Nepomnaschy I, et al. Origin and progression of pregnancy-dependent mammary tumors induced by new mouse mammary tumor virus variants. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2002;75:191-202 pubmed
- Anesini C, Borda E. Modulatory effect of the adrenergic system upon fibroblast proliferation: participation of beta 3-adrenoceptors. Auton Autacoid Pharmacol. 2002;22:177-86 pubmed..The mechanism by which ZD 7114 triggers cell proliferation and function, involves the activation of phospholipase C, PKC, calcium/calmodulin and the influx of calcium. ..
- Luchetti C, Solano M, Sander V, Arcos M, Gonzalez C, Di Girolamo G, et al. Effects of dehydroepiandrosterone on ovarian cystogenesis and immune function. J Reprod Immunol. 2004;64:59-74 pubmed..These results show that the development of cysts involves changes in ovarian function and an imbalance in the oxidant-antioxidant equilibrium. We observed also both an increased and selective T lymphocyte infiltration. ..
- Quattrocchi V, Bianco V, Fondevila N, Pappalardo S, Sadir A, Zamorano P. Use of new adjuvants in an emergency vaccine against foot-and-mouth disease virus: evaluation of conferred immunity. Dev Biol (Basel). 2004;119:481-97 pubmed..Mice vaccinated with this formula showed higher lymphoproliferative index values and higher IL-2, IL-4 and IFNgamma levels than the controls. ..
- Dagrosa M, Viaggi M, Rebagliati R, Batistoni D, Kahl S, Juvenal G, et al. Biodistribution of boron compounds in an animal model of human undifferentiated thyroid cancer for boron neutron capture therapy. Mol Pharm. 2005;2:151-6 pubmed..8. Other important ratios were tumor/thyroid approximately 6.6 and tumor/lung approximately 2.9. These results open the possibility of improving the efficacy of BNCT for the treatment of this so far "orphan" tumor. ..
- Rubio M, Werbajh S, Cafferata E, Quaglino A, Colo G, Nojek I, et al. TNF-alpha enhances estrogen-induced cell proliferation of estrogen-dependent breast tumor cells through a complex containing nuclear factor-kappa B. Oncogene. 2006;25:1367-77 pubmed..Finally, our results demonstrate that activation of this transcription factor could be one of the key signals for estrogen-mediated response. ..
- Castronuovo C, Sacca P, Meiss R, Caballero F, Batlle A, Vazquez E. Homeostatic response under carcinogen withdrawal, heme oxygenase 1 expression and cell cycle association. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:286 pubmed..We analyzed HO-1 cellular localization and the expression of HO-1, Bcl-2 and cell cycle related proteins under these conditions comparing them to hepatocellular carcinoma (HC)...
- Lopez F, Vincent P, Zenoff A, Salomon R, Farias R. Efficacy of microcin J25 in biomatrices and in a mouse model of Salmonella infection. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2007;59:676-80 pubmed..The potent in vitro activity of MccJ25 against Salmonella translates into good in vivo efficacy in a mouse infection model. ..
- Giacomodonato M, Uzzau S, Bacciu D, Caccuri R, Sarnacki S, Rubino S, et al. SipA, SopA, SopB, SopD and SopE2 effector proteins of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium are synthesized at late stages of infection in mice. Microbiology. 2007;153:1221-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that SPI-1 effector proteins may participate in the late stages of Salmonella infection in mice...
- Ostrowski M, Vermeulen M, Zabal O, Zamorano P, Sadir A, Geffner J, et al. The early protective thymus-independent antibody response to foot-and-mouth disease virus is mediated by splenic CD9+ B lymphocytes. J Virol. 2007;81:9357-67 pubmed
- Nadra A, Marti M, Pesce A, Bolognesi M, Estrin D. Exploring the molecular basis of heme coordination in human neuroglobin. Proteins. 2008;71:695-705 pubmed..Taken together, our results provide structural information not available experimentally which may shed light on the protein proposed functions, particularly as a redox sensor. ..
- de la Torre E, Genaro A, Ribeiro M, Pagotto R, Pignataro O, Sales M. Proliferative actions of muscarinic receptors expressed in macrophages derived from normal and tumor bearing mice. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1782:82-9 pubmed..In NMps, carbachol stimulates M(2) receptors function, triggering protein kinase C activity and induces moderate prostaglandin E(2) liberation via M(1) receptor. ..
- Buzaleh A, Moran Jimenez M, Garcia Bravo M, Sampedro A, Batlle A, Enriquez De Salamanca R, et al. Induction of hepatic aminolevulinate acid synthetase activity by isoflurane in a genetic model for erythropoietic protoporphyria. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2009;55:38-44 pubmed..These findings appear to confirm our previous hypothesis and indicate that Isoflurane may be an unsafe anaesthetic not only for patients with acute porphyrias but also for individuals with non acute porphyrias. ..
- Duschak V, Couto A. Cruzipain, the major cysteine protease of Trypanosoma cruzi: a sulfated glycoprotein antigen as relevant candidate for vaccine development and drug target. A review. Curr Med Chem. 2009;16:3174-202 pubmed..A whole view including all the aspects related to the major cysteine proteinase of Trypanosoma cruzi studied so far including recent advances as proteinase, antigen and glycoprotein will be discussed. ..
- Inchauspe C, Urbano F, Di Guilmi M, Forsythe I, Ferrari M, van den Maagdenberg A, et al. Gain of function in FHM-1 Cav2.1 knock-in mice is related to the shape of the action potential. J Neurophysiol. 2010;104:291-9 pubmed publisher..excitatory/inhibitory neurons in the cortex), adding to the complexity of the pathophysiology of migraine. ..
- Levy C, Slomiansky V, Gattelli A, Nahmod K, Pelisch F, Blaustein M, et al. Tumor necrosis factor alpha induces LIF expression through ERK1/2 activation in mammary epithelial cells. J Cell Biochem. 2010;110:857-65 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our data suggest that TNFalpha may contribute to mammary gland involution by, among other activities, eliciting LIF expression through ERK1/2 and AP1 activation. ..
- Marchesini M, Herrmann C, Salcedo S, Gorvel J, Comerci D. In search of Brucella abortus type IV secretion substrates: screening and identification of four proteins translocated into host cells through VirB system. Cell Microbiol. 2011;13:1261-74 pubmed publisher..We confirmed VirB-mediated translocation of one of the substrates by immunofluorescence confocal microscopy, and we found that the N-terminal 25 amino acids are required for its delivery into cells...
- Cordo Russo R, Ernst G, Lompardía S, Blanco G, Alvarez E, Garcia M, et al. Increased hyaluronan levels and decreased dendritic cell activation are associated with tumor invasion in murine lymphoma cell lines. Immunobiology. 2012;217:842-50 pubmed publisher..These findings could be related to lack of an effective antitumor immune response and suggest that serum HA levels could have a prognostic value in hematological malignancies. ..
- Atorrasagasti C, Peixoto E, Aquino J, Kippes N, Malvicini M, Alaniz L, et al. Lack of the matricellular protein SPARC (secreted protein, acidic and rich in cysteine) attenuates liver fibrogenesis in mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54962 pubmed publisher..Overall our data suggest that SPARC plays a significant role in liver fibrogenesis. Interventions to inhibit SPARC expression are suggested as promising approaches for liver fibrosis treatment. ..