Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on methyltransferases in United States
Locale: United States
Publications177 found, 100 shown here
- James C, Ferguson T, Leykam J, Krzycki J. The amber codon in the gene encoding the monomethylamine methyltransferase isolated from Methanosarcina barkeri is translated as a sense codon. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:34252-8 pubmed..The amber codon is thus read through during translation at apparently high efficiency and corresponds to lysine in tryptic fragments of MtmB even though canonical lysine codon usage is encountered in other Methanosarcina genes. ..
- Salavaggione O, Kidd L, Prondzinski J, Szumlanski C, Pankratz V, Wang L, et al. Canine red blood cell thiopurine S-methyltransferase: companion animal pharmacogenetics. Pharmacogenetics. 2002;12:713-24 pubmed..These observations represent a step towards the application of pharmacogenetic and pharmacogenomic principles to companion animal drug therapy. ..
- Krzycki J. Function of genetically encoded pyrrolysine in corrinoid-dependent methylamine methyltransferases. Curr Opin Chem Biol. 2004;8:484-91 pubmed..This reaction is essential for methane formation from methylamines, and may underlie the retention of pyrrolysine in the genetic code of methanogens. ..
- Yasuhara J, Wakimoto B. Molecular landscape of modified histones in Drosophila heterochromatic genes and euchromatin-heterochromatin transition zones. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e16 pubmed publisher..The results are also relevant for understanding the effects of chromosome aberrations and the megabase scale over which epigenetic position effects can operate in multicellular organisms. ..
- Cooper S, von Roemeling C, Kang K, Marlow L, Grebe S, Menefee M, et al. Reexpression of tumor suppressor, sFRP1, leads to antitumor synergy of combined HDAC and methyltransferase inhibitors in chemoresistant cancers. Mol Cancer Ther. 2012;11:2105-15 pubmed publisher..Combinatorial treatment with romidepsin and decitabine in drug resistant tumors is a promising treatment strategy. Moreover, recombinant sFRP1 may be a novel therapeutic strategy for cancers with suppressed sFRP1 expression. ..
- Fu Z, Hu Y, Konishi K, Takata Y, Ogawa H, Gomi T, et al. Crystal structure of glycine N-methyltransferase from rat liver. Biochemistry. 1996;35:11985-93 pubmed..0 A and form a hydrogen bond with the carboxyl group of Glu15 of the adjacent subunit. On the basis of the ternary complex structure, the mechanism of the methyl transfer in GNMT has been proposed. ..
- Remsing L, Garcia Bernardo J, Gonzalez A, K nzel E, Rix U, Bra a A, et al. Ketopremithramycins and ketomithramycins, four new aureolic acid-type compounds obtained upon inactivation of two genes involved in the biosynthesis of the deoxysugar moieties of the antitumor drug mithramycin by Streptomyces argillaceus, reveal nove. J Am Chem Soc. 2002;124:1606-14 pubmed..The same is true for glycosyltransferases MtmGI and MtmGII, both of which partake in the formation and attachment of the A-B disaccharide in mithramycin...
- Hao B, Gong W, Ferguson T, James C, Krzycki J, Chan M. A new UAG-encoded residue in the structure of a methanogen methyltransferase. Science. 2002;296:1462-6 pubmed..Instead it appears consistent with a lysine in amide-linkage to (4R,5R)-4-substituted-pyrroline-5-carboxylate. We suggest that this amino acid be named l-pyrrolysine. ..
- Gil M, Sherwood K, Maupin Furlow J. Transcriptional linkage of Haloferax volcanii proteasomal genes with non-proteasomal gene neighbours including RNase P, MOSC domain and SAM-methyltransferase homologues. Microbiology. 2007;153:3009-22 pubmed
- Dong H, Liu L, Zou G, Zhao Y, Li Z, Lim S, et al. Structural and functional analyses of a conserved hydrophobic pocket of flavivirus methyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:32586-95 pubmed publisher..In addition, the N7 methylation efficiency was found to correlate with the viral replication ability. Thus, SIN analogs with modifications that interact with the hydrophobic pocket are potential specific inhibitors of flavivirus MTase. ..
- Waters N, Daigle S, Rehlaender B, Basavapathruni A, Campbell C, Jensen T, et al. Exploring drug delivery for the DOT1L inhibitor pinometostat (EPZ-5676): Subcutaneous administration as an alternative to continuous IV infusion, in the pursuit of an epigenetic target. J Control Release. 2015;220:758-65 pubmed publisher..Development of an extended release formulation may prove useful in the further optimization of the SC delivery of pinometostat, moving towards a more convenient dosing paradigm for patients. ..
- Hon Y, Fessing M, Pui C, Relling M, Krynetski E, Evans W. Polymorphism of the thiopurine S-methyltransferase gene in African-Americans. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:371-6 pubmed..These data indicate that the same TPMT mutant alleles are found in American black and white populations, but that the predominant mutant alleles differ in these two ethnic groups. ..
- Chen J, Yu Z, Michel F, Wittum T, Morrison M. Development and application of real-time PCR assays for quantification of erm genes conferring resistance to macrolides-lincosamides-streptogramin B in livestock manure and manure management systems. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2007;73:4407-16 pubmed..These real-time PCR assays provide a rapid, quantitative, and cultivation-independent measurement of six major classes of erm genes, which should be useful for ecological studies of AR. ..
- Chini C, Escande C, Nin V, Chini E. HDAC3 is negatively regulated by the nuclear protein DBC1. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:40830-7 pubmed publisher..These findings may lead to a better understanding of the biological roles of DBC1 and HDAC3 in metabolic diseases and cancer. ..
- Singh S, Chang A, Goff R, Bingman C, Gruschow S, Sherman D, et al. Structural characterization of the mitomycin 7-O-methyltransferase. Proteins. 2011;79:2181-8 pubmed publisher..Given the importance of C7 alkylation to modulate mitomycin redox potential, this study may also present a template toward the future engineering of catalysts to generate uniquely bioactive mitomycins. ..
- Bartelli N, Hazelbauer G. Direct evidence that the carboxyl-terminal sequence of a bacterial chemoreceptor is an unstructured linker and enzyme tether. Protein Sci. 2011;20:1856-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data identify that the carboxyl-terminal linker between the receptor body and the pentapeptide is an unstructured, disordered segment that can serve as a flexible arm and enzyme tether. ..
- Huang C, Wu G, Yu Y. Inducing nonsense suppression by targeted pseudouridylation. Nat Protoc. 2012;7:789-800 pubmed publisher..Thus, the experimental procedures described in this protocol may provide a novel way to treat PTC-related diseases. This protocol takes 10-13 d to complete. ..
- Tobimatsu Y, Chen F, Nakashima J, Escamilla Trevino L, Jackson L, Dixon R, et al. Coexistence but independent biosynthesis of catechyl and guaiacyl/syringyl lignin polymers in seed coats. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2587-600 pubmed publisher..This study exemplifies the flexible biosynthesis of different types of lignin polymers in plants dictated by substantial, but poorly understood, control of monomer supply by the cells. ..
- Yoon K, Ringeling F, Vissers C, Jacob F, Pokrass M, Jimenez Cyrus D, et al. Temporal Control of Mammalian Cortical Neurogenesis by m6A Methylation. Cell. 2017;171:877-889.e17 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies an epitranscriptomic mechanism in heightened transcriptional coordination during mammalian cortical neurogenesis. ..
- Hao B, Zhao G, Kang P, Soares J, Ferguson T, Gallucci J, et al. Reactivity and chemical synthesis of L-pyrrolysine- the 22(nd) genetically encoded amino acid. Chem Biol. 2004;11:1317-24 pubmed..Future applications of this synthetic L-pyrrolysine include its in vivo incorporation into recombinant proteins. ..
- Pihl T, Sharma S, Reeve J. Growth phase-dependent transcription of the genes that encode the two methyl coenzyme M reductase isoenzymes and N5-methyltetrahydromethanopterin:coenzyme M methyltransferase in Methanobacterium thermoautotrophicum delta H. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:6384-91 pubmed
- Hong B, Brockenbrough J, Wu P, Aris J. Nop2p is required for pre-rRNA processing and 60S ribosome subunit synthesis in yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:378-88 pubmed..However, methylation of UmGm psi UC2922 in mature 25S rRNA appears normal. These findings provide evidence for a close interconnection between methylation at this conserved site and the processing step that yields the 25S rRNA. ..
- Nuccio M, Ziemak M, Henry S, Weretilnyk E, Hanson A. cDNA cloning of phosphoethanolamine N-methyltransferase from spinach by complementation in Schizosaccharomyces pombe and characterization of the recombinant enzyme. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:14095-101 pubmed..Salinization of spinach plants increases PEAMT mRNA abundance and enzyme activity in leaves by about 10-fold, consistent with the high demand in stressed plants for choline to support glycine betaine synthesis...
- Tallant T, Paul L, Krzycki J. The MtsA subunit of the methylthiol:coenzyme M methyltransferase of Methanosarcina barkeri catalyses both half-reactions of corrinoid-dependent dimethylsulfide: coenzyme M methyl transfer. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:4485-93 pubmed
- Cowling V, Cole M. HATs off to capping: a new mechanism for Myc. Cell Cycle. 2007;6:907-9 pubmed..We further discuss the mechanism of Myc-induced cap methylation, its synergistic relationship with Myc induced transcription, and the role of Myc in cell proliferation. ..
- Zhang D, Li S, Cruz P, Kone B. Sirtuin 1 functionally and physically interacts with disruptor of telomeric silencing-1 to regulate alpha-ENaC transcription in collecting duct. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:20917-26 pubmed publisher..These data identify Sirt1 as a novel modulator of alpha-ENaC, Dot1, and the aldosterone signaling pathway. ..
- Werner W, Allen K, Hu K, Helms G, Chen B, Wang S. In vitro phosphinate methylation by PhpK from Kitasatospora phosalacinea. Biochemistry. 2011;50:8986-8 pubmed publisher..This transformation gives rise to the only carbon-phosphorus-carbon linkage known to occur in nature. ..
- Fenwick M, Almabruk K, Ealick S, Begley T, Philmus B. Biochemical Characterization and Structural Basis of Reactivity and Regioselectivity Differences between Burkholderia thailandensis and Burkholderia glumae 1,6-Didesmethyltoxoflavin N-Methyltransferase. Biochemistry. 2017;56:3934-3944 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, in BthII1283, N1 is hydrogen bonded to a histidine residue whereas BgToxA does not supply an obvious basic residue for either N6 or N1 methylation...
- Ibba M, Soll D. Genetic code: introducing pyrrolysine. Curr Biol. 2002;12:R464-6 pubmed..Initial studies suggest that pyrrolysine may be co-translationally inserted during protein synthesis, probably by a mechanism analogous to that operating during selenocysteine incorporation. ..
- Scoumanne A, Chen X. The epithelial cell transforming sequence 2, a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Rho GTPases, is repressed by p53 via protein methyltransferases and is required for G1-S transition. Cancer Res. 2006;66:6271-9 pubmed..Taken together, we uncovered a novel function for ECT2 and provided a novel mechanism by which p53 represses gene expression via protein methyltransferases. ..
- Kim H, White Phillip J, Ogasawara Y, Shin N, Isiorho E, Liu H. Biosynthesis of spinosyn in Saccharopolyspora spinosa: synthesis of permethylated rhamnose and characterization of the functions of SpnH, SpnI, and SpnK. J Am Chem Soc. 2010;132:2901-3 pubmed publisher..These results set the stage for future exploitation of the spinosyn biosynthetic pathway to produce targeted spinosyn derivatives and, perhaps, new analogues...
- Honda S, Lewis Z, Shimada K, Fischle W, Sack R, Selker E. Heterochromatin protein 1 forms distinct complexes to direct histone deacetylation and DNA methylation. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:471-7, S1 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that HP1 forms distinct DNA methylation and histone deacetylation complexes that work in parallel to assemble silent chromatin in N. crassa...
- Pontvianne F, Blevins T, Chandrasekhara C, Feng W, Stroud H, Jacobsen S, et al. Histone methyltransferases regulating rRNA gene dose and dosage control in Arabidopsis. Genes Dev. 2012;26:945-57 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results indicate that histone methylation can affect both the doses of different variants and their differential silencing through the choice mechanisms that achieve dosage control. ..
- Ferguson D, Krzycki J. Reconstitution of trimethylamine-dependent coenzyme M methylation with the trimethylamine corrinoid protein and the isozymes of methyltransferase II from Methanosarcina barkeri. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:846-52 pubmed
- Srinivasan G, James C, Krzycki J. Pyrrolysine encoded by UAG in Archaea: charging of a UAG-decoding specialized tRNA. Science. 2002;296:1459-62 pubmed..Charging a tRNA(CUA) with lysine is a likely first step in translating UAG amber codons as pyrrolysine in certain methanogens. Our results indicate that pyrrolysine is the 22nd genetically encoded natural amino acid...
- Salavaggione O, Wang L, Wiepert M, Yee V, Weinshilboum R. Thiopurine S-methyltransferase pharmacogenetics: variant allele functional and comparative genomics. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2005;15:801-15 pubmed..These studies indicate that a common mechanism responsible for alterations in the activity of variant TPMT allozymes involves alteration in the level of enzyme protein due, at least in part, to accelerated degradation...
- Mancini Dinardo D, Steele S, Levorse J, Ingram R, Tilghman S. Elongation of the Kcnq1ot1 transcript is required for genomic imprinting of neighboring genes. Genes Dev. 2006;20:1268-82 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate that five highly conserved repeats residing at the 5' end of the Kcnq1ot1 transcript are not required for imprinting at this locus. ..
- Mukherjea D, Rybak L. Pharmacogenomics of cisplatin-induced ototoxicity. Pharmacogenomics. 2011;12:1039-50 pubmed publisher..This article addresses recent progress in clarifying the incidence of cisplatin ototoxicity and the risk factors and controversies regarding the identification of genetic variants associated with cisplatin-induced hearing loss. ..
- Vepachedu V, Ferry J. Role of the fused corrinoid/methyl transfer protein CmtA during CO-dependent growth of Methanosarcina acetivorans. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:4161-8 pubmed publisher..acetivorans. Thus, we propose that the name of the enzyme encoded by MA4384 be CmtA (for cytoplasmic methyltransferase). ..
- Deng L, Moseley J. Compartmentalized nodes control mitotic entry signaling in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:1872-81 pubmed publisher..We propose that the formation of distinct node structures in the cell cortex controls signaling pathways to link cell growth and division...
- Fleming I, Paris Z, Gaston K, Balakrishnan R, Fredrick K, Rubio M, et al. A tRNA methyltransferase paralog is important for ribosome stability and cell division in Trypanosoma brucei. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21438 pubmed publisher..We also find that TbMTase37 plays a role in cytokinesis, as loss of the protein leads to multi-flagellated and multi-nucleated cells. ..
- Witola W, Ben Mamoun C. Choline induces transcriptional repression and proteasomal degradation of the malarial phosphoethanolamine methyltransferase. Eukaryot Cell. 2007;6:1618-24 pubmed..These data provide the first evidence for metabolite-mediated transcriptional and proteasomal regulation in Plasmodium and will set the stage for the use of this system for conditional gene and protein expression in this organism...
- White J, Li Z, Sardana R, Bujnicki J, Marcotte E, Johnson A. Bud23 methylates G1575 of 18S rRNA and is required for efficient nuclear export of pre-40S subunits. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:3151-61 pubmed publisher..Thus, Bud23 protein, but not its methyltransferase activity, is important for biogenesis and export of the 40S subunit in yeast. ..
- Fisk J, Sayegh J, Zurita Lopez C, Menon S, Presnyak V, Clarke S, et al. A type III protein arginine methyltransferase from the protozoan parasite Trypanosoma brucei. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:11590-600 pubmed publisher..Together, our studies indicate that TbPRMT7 is a Type III PRMT, and its robust activity and presence in numerous complexes suggest it plays multiple roles during the complex T. brucei life cycle. ..
- Bokar J, Shambaugh M, Polayes D, Matera A, Rottman F. Purification and cDNA cloning of the AdoMet-binding subunit of the human mRNA (N6-adenosine)-methyltransferase. RNA. 1997;3:1233-47 pubmed..MT-A70 also contains a long region of homology to the yeast protein SPO8, which is involved in induction of sporulation by an unknown mechanism. ..
- Lyon B, Lee P, Bennett J, Ditullio G, Janech M. Proteomic analysis of a sea-ice diatom: salinity acclimation provides new insight into the dimethylsulfoniopropionate production pathway. Plant Physiol. 2011;157:1926-41 pubmed publisher..Proteins from the four enzyme classes of the proposed algal Met transaminase DMSP pathway were among the elevated proteins, supporting our hypothesis and providing candidate genes for future characterization studies. ..
- O Farrell H, Musayev F, Scarsdale J, Rife J. Control of substrate specificity by a single active site residue of the KsgA methyltransferase. Biochemistry. 2012;51:466-74 pubmed publisher..We discuss the implications of this work for understanding the mechanism of KsgA's multiple catalytic steps. ..
- Komoto J, Yamada T, Takata Y, Konishi K, Ogawa H, Gomi T, et al. Catalytic mechanism of guanidinoacetate methyltransferase: crystal structures of guanidinoacetate methyltransferase ternary complexes. Biochemistry. 2004;43:14385-94 pubmed..E45, D134, and Y221 mutagenesis studies support the proposed mechanism. A mutagenesis study and the inhibitory mechanism of guanidine analogues support the proposed mechanism. ..
- Pessi G, Choi J, Reynolds J, Voelker D, Mamoun C. In vivo evidence for the specificity of Plasmodium falciparum phosphoethanolamine methyltransferase and its coupling to the Kennedy pathway. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12461-6 pubmed
- Jacob Y, Feng S, LeBlanc C, Bernatavichute Y, Stroud H, Cokus S, et al. ATXR5 and ATXR6 are H3K27 monomethyltransferases required for chromatin structure and gene silencing. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2009;16:763-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ATXR5 and ATXR6 form a new class of H3K27 methyltransferases and that H3K27me1 represents a previously uncharacterized pathway required for transcriptional repression in Arabidopsis. ..
- Jacob Y, Stroud H, Leblanc C, Feng S, Zhuo L, Caro E, et al. Regulation of heterochromatic DNA replication by histone H3 lysine 27 methyltransferases. Nature. 2010;466:987-91 pubmed publisher..Mutation of ATXR5 and ATXR6 also causes upregulation of transposon expression and has pleiotropic effects on plant development. These results uncover a novel pathway that prevents over-replication of heterochromatin in Arabidopsis. ..
- Jung J, Fouad W, Vermerris W, Gallo M, Altpeter F. RNAi suppression of lignin biosynthesis in sugarcane reduces recalcitrance for biofuel production from lignocellulosic biomass. Plant Biotechnol J. 2012;10:1067-76 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrate that a moderate reduction in lignin (3.9% to 8.4%) can reduce the recalcitrance of sugarcane biomass without compromising plant performance under controlled environmental conditions. ..
- Mahapatra A, Patel A, Soares J, Larue R, Zhang J, Metcalf W, et al. Characterization of a Methanosarcina acetivorans mutant unable to translate UAG as pyrrolysine. Mol Microbiol. 2006;59:56-66 pubmed..These results indicate that in-depth genetic analysis of UAG translation as pyrrolysine is feasible, as deletion of pylT is conditionally lethal depending on growth substrate. ..
- Keating J, Bhattacharya D, Lim P, Falk S, Weisblum B, Bernard K, et al. West Nile virus methyltransferase domain interacts with protein kinase G. Virol J. 2013;10:242 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results identify an interaction between virus and a cellular kinase and suggest a role for a host kinase in enhancing flaviviral replication...
- Mavrodi D, Bonsall R, Delaney S, Soule M, Phillips G, Thomashow L. Functional analysis of genes for biosynthesis of pyocyanin and phenazine-1-carboxamide from Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:6454-65 pubmed..aeruginosa consisting of two core loci responsible for synthesis of PCA and three additional genes encoding unique enzymes involved in the conversion of PCA to pyocyanin, 1-hydroxyphenazine, and phenazine-1-carboxamide. ..
- Leeder J. Pharmacogenetics and pharmacogenomics. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2001;48:765-81 pubmed
- Ralph J, Lapierre C, Marita J, Kim H, Lu F, Hatfield R, et al. Elucidation of new structures in lignins of CAD- and COMT-deficient plants by NMR. Phytochemistry. 2001;57:993-1003 pubmed..The recognition that novel units can incorporate into lignins portends significantly expanded opportunities for engineering the composition and consequent properties of lignin for improved utilization of valuable plant resources. ..
- Bruender N, Thoden J, Kaur M, Avey M, Holden H. Molecular architecture of a C-3'-methyltransferase involved in the biosynthesis of D-tetronitrose. Biochemistry. 2010;49:5891-8 pubmed publisher..Key residues involved in sugar binding include His 181, Glu 224, His 225, and Tyr 222. Their possible roles in catalysis are discussed. ..
- Raman S, Rathinasabapathi B. beta-alanine N-methyltransferase of Limonium latifolium. cDNA cloning and functional expression of a novel N-methyltransferase implicated in the synthesis of the osmoprotectant beta-alanine betaine. Plant Physiol. 2003;132:1642-51 pubmed..Phylogenetic analyses suggested that beta-Ala NMTase represents a novel family of N-methyltransferases that are evolutionarily related to O-methyltransferases...
- Mohan M, Herz H, Takahashi Y, Lin C, Lai K, Zhang Y, et al. Linking H3K79 trimethylation to Wnt signaling through a novel Dot1-containing complex (DotCom). Genes Dev. 2010;24:574-89 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study describes for the first time the components of DotCom and links the specific regulation of H3K79 trimethylation by Dot1 and its associated factors to the Wnt/Wingless signaling pathway. ..
- Yakubovskaya E, Guja K, Eng E, Choi W, Mejia E, Beglov D, et al. Organization of the human mitochondrial transcription initiation complex. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:4100-12 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal the organization of TFAM, POLRMT and TFB2M around the LSP and represent the first structural characterization of the entire mitochondrial transcriptional initiation complex. ..
- Dong H, Ren S, Zhang B, Zhou Y, Puig Basagoiti F, Li H, et al. West Nile virus methyltransferase catalyzes two methylations of the viral RNA cap through a substrate-repositioning mechanism. J Virol. 2008;82:4295-307 pubmed publisher..Because N7 cap methylation is essential for viral replication, inhibitors designed to block the pocket identified for the N7 cap methylation could be developed for flavivirus therapy...
- Aly K, Beebe E, Chan C, Goren M, Sepulveda C, Makino S, et al. Cell-free production of integral membrane aspartic acid proteases reveals zinc-dependent methyltransferase activity of the Pseudomonas aeruginosa prepilin peptidase PilD. Microbiologyopen. 2013;2:94-104 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa prepilin peptidase PilD as a zinc-dependent N-methyltransferase and provides a new platform for large-scale synthesis of PilD and other integral membrane proteases important for basic microbial physiology and virulence. ..
- Adhvaryu K, Morris S, Strahl B, Selker E. Methylation of histone H3 lysine 36 is required for normal development in Neurospora crassa. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:1455-64 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that methylation of K36 in Neurospora crassa is essential for normal growth and development. ..
- Ralph J, Lapierre C, Lu F, Marita J, Pilate G, Van Doorsselaere J, et al. NMR evidence for benzodioxane structures resulting from incorporation of 5-hydroxyconiferyl alcohol into Lignins of O-methyltransferase-deficient poplars. J Agric Food Chem. 2001;49:86-91 pubmed..They result from incorporation of 5-hydroxyconiferyl alcohol into the monomer supply and confirm that phenols other than the three traditional monolignols can be integrated into plant lignins. ..
- Whitehead T, Cotta M. Sequence analyses of a broad host-range plasmid containing ermT from a tylosin-resistant Lactobacillus sp. Isolated from swine feces. Curr Microbiol. 2001;43:17-20 pubmed..This is only the second ermT gene to be reported. p121BS also contains two additional open reading frames with significant amino acid similarities to replication proteins from Lactobacillus and other Gram-positive bacteria. ..
- Dirk L, Flynn E, Dietzel K, Couture J, Trievel R, Houtz R. Kinetic manifestation of processivity during multiple methylations catalyzed by SET domain protein methyltransferases. Biochemistry. 2007;46:3905-15 pubmed
- Mikheil D, Shippy D, Eakley N, Okwumabua O, Fadl A. Deletion of gene encoding methyltransferase (gidB) confers high-level antimicrobial resistance in Salmonella. J Antibiot (Tokyo). 2012;65:185-92 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that the GidB enzyme has a significant role in the alteration of antibiotic susceptibility and the modulation of growth and morphology under stress conditions in Salmonella. ..
- Edwards B, Lesnick J, Wang J, Tang N, Peters C. Miniaturization of High-Throughput Epigenetic Methyltransferase Assays with Acoustic Liquid Handling. J Lab Autom. 2016;21:208-16 pubmed publisher..In this study, we demonstrate the miniaturization of a methyltransferase assay using Echo liquid handlers and two different assay technologies: AlphaLISA from PerkinElmer and EPIgeneous HTRF from Cisbio. ..
- Dickens M, Priestley N, Strohl W. In vivo and in vitro bioconversion of epsilon-rhodomycinone glycoside to doxorubicin: functions of DauP, DauK, and DoxA. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:2641-50 pubmed..strain C5 doxA, dauK, and dauP were sufficient and necessary to confer on Streptomyces lividans TK24 the ability to convert rhodomycin D, the first glycoside in daunorubicin and doxorubicin biosynthesis, to doxorubicin. ..
- Dien B, Miller D, Hector R, Dixon R, Chen F, McCaslin M, et al. Enhancing alfalfa conversion efficiencies for sugar recovery and ethanol production by altering lignin composition. Bioresour Technol. 2011;102:6479-86 pubmed publisher..Ethanol yields for the xylose-fermenting yeast were 232-278 l/ton and were significantly enhanced for the reduced S lignin cultivars. ..
- Chu U, Vorperian S, Satyshur K, Eickstaedt K, Cozzi N, Mavlyutov T, et al. Noncompetitive inhibition of indolethylamine-N-methyltransferase by N,N-dimethyltryptamine and N,N-dimethylaminopropyltryptamine. Biochemistry. 2014;53:2956-65 pubmed publisher..34 and -7.58 kcal/mol, respectively. Assessment of the allosteric control of INMT may illuminate new biochemical pathway(s) underlying the biology of INMT. ..
- Burke S, Krzycki J. Involvement of the "A" isozyme of methyltransferase II and the 29-kilodalton corrinoid protein in methanogenesis from monomethylamine. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:4410-6 pubmed..A likely mechanism is that the 29-kDa corrinoid is methylated by MMA and the methyl group is then transferred by the "A" isozyme of MT2 to CoM...
- Hasona A, Ray R, Shanmugam K. Physiological and genetic analyses leading to identification of a biochemical role for the moeA (molybdate metabolism) gene product in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:1466-72 pubmed
- Li B, Howe L, Anderson S, Yates J, Workman J. The Set2 histone methyltransferase functions through the phosphorylated carboxyl-terminal domain of RNA polymerase II. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:8897-903 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest that Set2 is involved in regulating transcription elongation through its direct contact with pol II. ..
- Hansen C, Endres R, Wingreen N. Chemotaxis in Escherichia coli: a molecular model for robust precise adaptation. PLoS Comput Biol. 2008;4:e1 pubmed publisher..The robustness of our dynamic model for precise adaptation is demonstrated by randomly varying biochemical parameters. ..
- Venkatesh S, Smolle M, Li H, Gogol M, Saint M, Kumar S, et al. Set2 methylation of histone H3 lysine?36 suppresses histone exchange on transcribed genes. Nature. 2012;489:452-5 pubmed publisher..By suppressing spurious cryptic transcripts from initiating within ORFs, this pathway is essential to maintain the accuracy of transcription by RNA polymerase?II. ..
- Paul L, Ferguson D, Krzycki J. The trimethylamine methyltransferase gene and multiple dimethylamine methyltransferase genes of Methanosarcina barkeri contain in-frame and read-through amber codons. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:2520-9 pubmed..Thus, the genes encoding the three types of methyltransferases that initiate methanogenesis from methylamine contain in-frame amber codons that are suppressed during expression of the characterized methyltransferases...
- Huang Y, Ji L, Huang Q, Vassylyev D, Chen X, Ma J. Structural insights into mechanisms of the small RNA methyltransferase HEN1. Nature. 2009;461:823-7 pubmed publisher..Metal ion coordination by both 2' and 3' hydroxyls on the 3'-terminal nucleotide and four invariant residues in the active site of the methyltransferase domain suggests a novel Mg(2+)-dependent 2'-O-methylation mechanism. ..
- Lu F, Marita J, Lapierre C, Jouanin L, Morreel K, Boerjan W, et al. Sequencing around 5-hydroxyconiferyl alcohol-derived units in caffeic acid O-methyltransferase-deficient poplar lignins. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:569-79 pubmed publisher..This new terminus may also become etherified by coupling with further monolignols, incorporating the 5-OH-CA integrally into the lignin structure. ..
- Lama A, Pane Farre J, Chon T, Wiersma A, Sit C, Vederas J, et al. Response of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus to amicoumacin A. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34037 pubmed publisher..Decreased rates of cellular metabolism including protein synthesis and DNA replication in resistant strains might allow cells to compensate for membrane dysfunction and thus increase cell survivability. ..
- Strom M, Nunn D, Lory S. Posttranslational processing of type IV prepilin and homologs by PilD of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Methods Enzymol. 1994;235:527-40 pubmed..aeruginosa, such inhibitors may be useful tools in the study of the role these peptidases play in bacterial virulence. ..
- Connors N, Strohl W. Partial purification and properties of carminomycin 4-O-methyltransferase from Streptomyces sp. strain C5. J Gen Microbiol. 1993;139 Pt 6:1353-62 pubmed..S-Adenosyl-L-homocysteine inhibited the methyltransferase, whereas homocysteine, adenosine, adenine, epsilon-rhodomycinone, daunomycin, and daunomycinone showed little or no inhibitory activity. ..
- Feng X, Lilly A, Hazelbauer G. Enhanced function conferred on low-abundance chemoreceptor Trg by a methyltransferase-docking site. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:3164-71 pubmed..We conclude that the crucial functional difference between the low-abundance receptor Trg and its high-abundance counterparts is the level of methyl-accepting activity conferred by the methyltransferase-docking site. ..
- Iwig D, Uchida A, Stromberg J, Booker S. The activity of Escherichia coli cyclopropane fatty acid synthase depends on the presence of bicarbonate. J Am Chem Soc. 2005;127:11612-3 pubmed..We also show that substitutions of the conserved amino acids that act as ligands to the bicarbonate ion based on the structure of CMA synthases result in drastic losses in the activity of the protein. ..
- Longstaff D, Larue R, Faust J, Mahapatra A, Zhang L, Green Church K, et al. A natural genetic code expansion cassette enables transmissible biosynthesis and genetic encoding of pyrrolysine. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:1021-6 pubmed..Analogous cassettes may have served similar functions for other amino acids during the evolutionary expansion of the canonical genetic code. ..
- Barnakov A, Barnakova L, Hazelbauer G. Location of the receptor-interaction site on CheB, the methylesterase response regulator of bacterial chemotaxis. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:32984-9 pubmed
- Hagerman R, Willis R. The yeast gene COQ5 is differentially regulated by Mig1p, Rtg3p and Hap2p. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1578:51-8 pubmed..These results suggest that the regulation of COQ5 gene expression by carbon source is multifactorial and involves the interaction of various transcription factors. ..
- Springer N, Napoli C, Selinger D, Pandey R, Cone K, Chandler V, et al. Comparative analysis of SET domain proteins in maize and Arabidopsis reveals multiple duplications preceding the divergence of monocots and dicots. Plant Physiol. 2003;132:907-25 pubmed..Combined analysis of the maize and Arabidopsis SET domain proteins reveals that duplication of SET domain proteins in plants is extensive and has occurred via multiple mechanisms that preceded the divergence of monocots and dicots. ..
- Weinshilboum R, Wang L. Pharmacogenomics: bench to bedside. Nat Rev Drug Discov. 2004;3:739-48 pubmed