Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on methylation in Japan
- Shirakawa T, Kako K, Shimada T, Nagashima Y, Nakamura A, Ishida J, et al. Production of free methylarginines via the proteasome and autophagy pathways in cultured cells. Mol Med Rep. 2011;4:615-20 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that both the proteasome and autophagy pathways play an essential role in the production of free methylarginines. ..
- Katayama M, Kawata M, Yoshida Y, Horiuchi H, Yamamoto T, Matsuura Y, et al. The posttranslationally modified C-terminal structure of bovine aortic smooth muscle rhoA p21. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:12639-45 pubmed..These results suggest that rhoA p21 is first geranylgeranylated followed by removal of the three C-terminal amino acids and the subsequent carboxyl methylation of the exposed cysteine residue. ..
- Hashizume K, Tozawa K, Endo M, Aramaki I. S-Adenosyl-L-methionine-dependent O-methylation of 2-hydroxy-3-alkylpyrazine in wine grapes: a putative final step of methoxypyrazine biosynthesis. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2001;65:795-801 pubmed..The levels of HP and OMT activity were closely related with the level of MP in the grapes. These results indicate that the predicted final step of MP biosynthesis exists in wine grapes. ..
- Hoshino T, Hayashi T, Hayashi K, Hamada J, Lee J, Sankawa U. An antivirally active sulfated polysaccharide from Sargassum horneri (TURNER) C. AGARDH. Biol Pharm Bull. 1998;21:730-4 pubmed..Time-of-addition experiments suggested that it inhibited not only the initial stages of viral infection, such as attachment to and penetration into host cells, but also later replication stages after virus penetration. ..
- Tateishi T, Chida M, Ariyoshi N, Mizorogi Y, Kamataki T, Kobayashi S. Analysis of the CYP2D6 gene in relation to dextromethorphan O-demethylation capacity in a Japanese population. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1999;65:570-5 pubmed..Individuals homozygous for *10 who have relatively low in vivo CYP2D6 activity represent almost 20% of the Japanese population. In addition, we did not identify any subjects with amplified *2 among our 98 Japanese men. ..
- Mizuta M, Seio K, Miyata K, Sekine M. Fluorescent pyrimidopyrimidoindole nucleosides: control of photophysical characterizations by substituent effects. J Org Chem. 2007;72:5046-55 pubmed..The Lippert-Mataga analyses of the Stokes shift were also carried out to obtain estimated values of the dipole moment of the excited states of some of the derivatives. ..
- Ikawa Y, Fukada K, Watanabe S, Shiraishi H, Inoue T. Design, construction, and analysis of a novel class of self-folding RNA. Structure. 2002;10:527-34 pubmed..These RNAs may be used as modular units for constructing artificial ribozymes or nanometer-scale materials. ..
- Omote H, Le N, Park M, Maeda M, Futai M. Beta subunit Glu-185 of Escherichia coli H(+)-ATPase (ATP synthase) is an essential residue for cooperative catalysis. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:25656-60 pubmed..P., Leslie, A.G.W., Lutter, R ., and Walker, J.E. (1994) Nature 370, 621-628) ..
- Okumura H, Nishiyama S, Sasaki A, Homma M, Kawagishi I. Chemotactic adaptation is altered by changes in the carboxy-terminal sequence conserved among the major methyl-accepting chemoreceptors. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:1862-8 pubmed..These results suggest that the pentapeptide sequence facilitates effective adaptation and methylation by recruiting CheR. ..
- Matsumura S, Kataoka H, Makita M. Determination of amino acids in human serum by capillary gas chromatography. J Chromatogr B Biomed Appl. 1996;681:375-80 pubmed..Overall recoveries of amino acids added to serum samples were 88-108%. Analytical results for serum amino acids from normal subjects are presented...
- Takeda M, Nagasaka T, Dong Sheng S, Nishie H, Oka T, Yamada E, et al. Expansion of CpG methylation in the SFRP2 promoter region during colorectal tumorigenesis. Acta Med Okayama. 2011;65:169-77 pubmed..0001), suggesting that genetic alteration in the RAS-RAF pathway might precede the spread of CpG methylation through the SFRP2 promoter, which is observed in over 60% of advanced colorectal tumors. ..
- Asano T, Kushida H, Sadakane C, Ishihara K, Wakui Y, Yanagisawa T, et al. Metabolism of ipecac alkaloids cephaeline and emetine by human hepatic microsomal cytochrome P450s, and their inhibitory effects on P450 enzyme activities. Biol Pharm Bull. 2001;24:678-82 pubmed..We concluded that these in vitro inhibitions of cephaeline and emetine would hardly increase plasma concentrations of co-administered drugs in clinical therapy. ..
- Suhendrayatna -, Ohki A, Nakajima T, Maeda S. Studies on the accumulation and transformation of arsenic in freshwater organisms II. Accumulation and transformation of arsenic compounds by Tilapia mossambica. Chemosphere. 2002;46:325-31 pubmed..mossambica via freshwater food chain results in the transformation of As(III) to As(V) with little biomethylation of accumulated As. Approximately 90% of accumulated As was depurated to water. ..
- Takahashi Y, Daitoku H, Hirota K, Tamiya H, Yokoyama A, Kako K, et al. Asymmetric arginine dimethylation determines life span in C. elegans by regulating forkhead transcription factor DAF-16. Cell Metab. 2011;13:505-16 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provide a mechanism by which asymmetric arginine dimethylation acts as an antiaging modification in C. elegans. ..
- Mori Y, Sugawara A, Tsuji M, Kakamu T, Tsuboi S, Kanda H, et al. Toxic effects of nicotinamide methylation on mouse brain striatum neuronal cells and its relation to manganese. Environ Health Prev Med. 2012;17:371-6 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests the possibility that Mn causes increased NNMT activity, thereby increasing MNA levels in the brain and bringing about neuron death. Daily absorption of Mn and NA may thus contribute to idiopathic Parkinson's disease. ..
- Yoshii M, Yamamoto A, Kagaya Y, Takeda S, Hattori T. The Arabidopsis transcription factor NAI1 is required for enhancing the active histone mark but not for removing the repressive mark on PYK10, a seedling-specific gene upon embryonic-to-postgerminative developmental phase transition. Plant Signal Behav. 2015;10:e1105418 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the switching of PYK10 upon developmental phase transition involves 2 separable steps of chromatin state change. ..
- Yamamoto K, Imae Y. Cloning and characterization of the Salmonella typhimurium-specific chemoreceptor Tcp for taxis to citrate and from phenol. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:217-21 pubmed..typhimurium. ..
- Tabata T, Takase H, Takayama S, Mikami K, Nakatsuka A, Kawata T, et al. A protein that binds to a cis-acting element of wheat histone genes has a leucine zipper motif. Science. 1989;245:965-7 pubmed..The deduced amino acid sequence indicates that HBP-1 contains the leucine zipper motif, which represents a characteristic property of several eukaryotic transcription factors...
- Nakade K, Pan J, Yamasaki T, Murata T, Wasylyk B, Yokoyama K. JDP2 (Jun Dimerization Protein 2)-deficient mouse embryonic fibroblasts are resistant to replicative senescence. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:10808-17 pubmed publisher..As a result, JDP2-deficient MEF became resistant to replicative senescence. Our results indicate that JDP2 is involved in the signaling pathway for senescence via epigenetic regulation of the expression of the gene for p16(Ink4a). ..
- Aoto T, Saitoh N, Sakamoto Y, Watanabe S, Nakao M. Polycomb group protein-associated chromatin is reproduced in post-mitotic G1 phase and is required for S phase progression. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:18905-15 pubmed publisher..The fact that PcG-associated chromatin is reproduced during post-mitotic G(1) phase suggests the possibility that PcG proteins enable their target chromatin to be remodeled in response to stimuli in the G(1) phase. ..
- Du K, Arai S, Kawamura T, Matsushita A, Kurokawa R. TLS and PRMT1 synergistically coactivate transcription at the survivin promoter through TLS arginine methylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;404:991-6 pubmed publisher..These results revealed a cooperative role of TLS and PRMT1 in transcriptional regulation. ..
- Hayashi K, Yoshida K, Matsui Y. A histone H3 methyltransferase controls epigenetic events required for meiotic prophase. Nature. 2005;438:374-8 pubmed..These findings indicate that meiosis-specific epigenetic events in mammals are crucial for proper meiotic progression. ..
- Tani Y, Nakamura K, Sawa R, Nishio M, Saito S, Ito M, et al. Novel neogala-series glycosphingolipids with a terminal glucose residue from the fungus Mariannaea elegans. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2013;77:754-9 pubmed..To our knowledge, Glc1-6Gal?1-Cer is a novel GSL in fungi, and M. elegans is the first example of an aureobasidin A-sensitive fungus that possesses fungal neogala series GSLs. ..
- Minami M, Maruyama W, Dostert P, Nagatsu T, Naoi M. Inhibition of type A and B monoamine oxidase by 6,7-dihydroxy-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinolines and their N-methylated derivatives. J Neural Transm Gen Sect. 1993;92:125-35 pubmed..Types of inhibition of type A monoamine oxidase depended on the enzyme sources. Inhibition of monoamine oxidase by 6,7-dihydroxy-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinolines is discussed in relation to their chemical structures. ..
- Shibata H, Yoshino K, Muramatsu M, Plass C, Chapman V, Hayashizaki Y. The use of restriction landmark genomic scanning to scan the mouse genome for endogenous loci with imprinted patterns of methylation. Electrophoresis. 1995;16:210-7 pubmed..Irlgs 1 and 3 are B6- and D2-specific loci that had the same strain distribution pattern which mapped to the central region of chromosome 9.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Kamiya M, Judson H, Okazaki Y, Kusakabe M, Muramatsu M, Takada S, et al. The cell cycle control gene ZAC/PLAGL1 is imprinted--a strong candidate gene for transient neonatal diabetes. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:453-60 pubmed
- Kawai J, Suzuki H, Taga C, Hara A, Watanabe S. Correspondence of RLGS-M spot behavior with tissue expression on mouse homologue of DP1/TB2 gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;213:967-74 pubmed..These results indicate that the mouse DP1/TB2 gene is expressed corresponding to its RLGS-M spot behavior which is related to its methylation condition. ..
- Shiomi D, Banno S, Homma M, Kawagishi I. Stabilization of polar localization of a chemoreceptor via its covalent modifications and its communication with a different chemoreceptor. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:7647-54 pubmed
- Honda A, Hirose M, Inoue K, Hiura H, Miki H, Ogonuki N, et al. Large-scale production of growing oocytes in vitro from neonatal mouse ovaries. Int J Dev Biol. 2009;53:605-13 pubmed publisher..This culture system may provide a significant impetus to the development of new techniques for the efficient production of oocytes from fetal or neonatal ovaries, for research, clinical, and zoological purposes. ..
- Lee L, Imae Y. Role of threonine residue 154 in ligand recognition of the tar chemoreceptor in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:377-82 pubmed..Thus, these threonine residues seem to have a common role in detecting the aspartate and serine attractant families. A mechanism by which these chemoreceptors detect the amino acid attractants is discussed. ..
- Fujimoto S, Goda T, Mochizuki K. In vivo evidence of enhanced di-methylation of histone H3 K4 on upregulated genes in adipose tissue of diabetic db/db mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;404:223-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that di-methylation of histone H3 K4 is involved in the induction of Atp6v0d2, Mmp12, Trem2 and Clec4d in mesenteric adipose tissue in db/db mice. ..
- Fukada Y, Takao T, Ohguro H, Yoshizawa T, Akino T, Shimonishi Y. Farnesylated gamma-subunit of photoreceptor G protein indispensable for GTP-binding. Nature. 1990;346:658-60 pubmed..This suggests that a similar modification may occur in the gamma-subunits of other heterotrimeric G proteins involved in biological signal transduction processes. ..
- Takikawa G, Katagiri T, Uneyama K. Preparation and synthetic application of a novel ketene silyl acetal of methyl trifluoropyruvate. J Org Chem. 2005;70:8811-6 pubmed..Subsequent carbon-carbon bond formation such as Mukaiyama aldol, Michael addition, and other nucleophilic reactions of 4 at the trifluoromethylated carbon with various electrophiles gave various coupling products in high yields. ..
- Kurahashi T, Nomura T, Kanei Ishii C, Shinkai Y, Ishii S. The Wnt-NLK signaling pathway inhibits A-Myb activity by inhibiting the association with coactivator CBP and methylating histone H3. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:4705-13 pubmed..Furthermore, NLK induced the methylation of histone H3 at lysine-9 at A-Myb-bound promoter regions. Thus, the Wnt-NLK pathway inhibits the activity of each Myb family member by different mechanisms. ..
- Miyazaki H, Higashimoto K, Yada Y, Endo T, Sharif J, Komori T, et al. Ash1l methylates Lys36 of histone H3 independently of transcriptional elongation to counteract polycomb silencing. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003897 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover a novel regulatory cascade orchestrated by Ash1l with RAR and provide insights into mechanisms underlying the establishment of the transcriptional activation that counteracts Polycomb silencing. ..
- Takahashi K, Kawazoe Y, Sakumi K, Nakabeppu Y, Sekiguchi M. Activation of Ada protein as a transcriptional regulator by direct alkylation with methylating agents. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:13490-2 pubmed..It is, therefore, suggested that the adaptive response induced by chemoselective methylating agents such as methyl iodide might be due, at least in part, to the direct methylation of the constitutive Ada protein present in the cell. ..
- Shiomi D, Homma M, Kawagishi I. Intragenic suppressors of a mutation in the aspartate chemoreceptor gene that abolishes binding of the receptor to methyltransferase. Microbiology. 2002;148:3265-75 pubmed..This effect was reversed by introducing a mutation in the xWxxF motif. These results reinforce the importance of the xWxxF motif and suggest that the motif does not have to be located at the extreme carboxy terminus. ..
- Lee L, Mizuno T, Imae Y. Thermosensing properties of Escherichia coli tsr mutants defective in serine chemoreception. J Bacteriol. 1988;170:4769-74 pubmed..Two mutations caused histidine or cysteine replacements at arginine 64, whereas three others caused isoleucine or proline replacements at threonine 156. ..
- Amachi S, Kamagata Y, Kanagawa T, Muramatsu Y. Bacteria mediate methylation of iodine in marine and terrestrial environments. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2001;67:2718-22 pubmed..These results strongly indicate that bacteria contribute to iodine transfer from the terrestrial and marine ecosystems into the atmosphere. ..
- Takagi H, Tajima S, Asano A. Overexpression of DNA methyltransferase in myoblast cells accelerates myotube formation. Eur J Biochem. 1995;231:282-91 pubmed..The methylation state of the HpaII sites in exon 1 through exon 2 of the MyoD1 gene and the expression of the MyoD1 transcript are positively correlated. ..
- Tsutsui M, Matsubara K, Ohshiro T, Furuhashi M, Taniguchi M, Kawai T. Electrical detection of single methylcytosines in a DNA oligomer. J Am Chem Soc. 2011;133:9124-8 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate statistical identifications of methylcytosines in an oligonucleotide by tunneling current. This result suggests a possible use of the transverse electron-transport method for a methylation level analysis. ..
- Yamada Okabe T, Imamura K, Kawaguchi N, Sakai H, Yamashita M, Matsumoto N. Functional characterization of the zebrafish WHSC1-related gene, a homolog of human NSD2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;402:335-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that DrWhsc1 is a functional homolog of WHSC1 and that the SET domain of DrWhsc1 is essential for di-methylation of histone H3K36 in zebrafish. ..
- Sadaie M, Iida T, Urano T, Nakayama J. A chromodomain protein, Chp1, is required for the establishment of heterochromatin in fission yeast. EMBO J. 2004;23:3825-35 pubmed..These results suggest that different heterochromatic regions share common structural properties, and that centromeric heterochromatin requires Chp1-mediated establishment steps differently than do other heterochromatic regions. ..
- Oktyabri D, Ishimura A, Tange S, Terashima M, Suzuki T. DOT1L histone methyltransferase regulates the expression of BCAT1 and is involved in sphere formation and cell migration of breast cancer cell lines. Biochimie. 2016;123:20-31 pubmed publisher..Mechanistic investigation revealed that BCAT1 might be an important regulator responsible for DOT1L-mediated sphere formation and cell migration in breast cancer cells. ..
- Tamai Y, Takemoto Y, Matsumoto M, Morita T, Matsushiro A, Nozaki M. Sequence of EndoA gene encoding mouse cytokeratin and its methylation state in the CpG-rich region. Gene. 1991;104:169-76 pubmed..These findings may provide a clue to understanding the molecular mechanisms of EndoA gene expression. ..
- Endo T, Groth D, Prusiner S, Kobata A. Diversity of oligosaccharide structures linked to asparagines of the scrapie prion protein. Biochemistry. 1989;28:8380-8 pubmed..Whether these diverse asparagine-linked oligosaccharides participate in scrapie prion infectivity or modify the function of the cellular prion protein remains to be established. ..
- Uchida K, Mizuno T, Shimonaka M, Sugiura N, Nara K, Ling N, et al. Purification and properties of active atrial-natriuretic-peptide receptor (type C) from bovine lung. Biochem J. 1989;263:671-8 pubmed
- Ohnishi S, Fukamiya N, Okano M, Tagahara K, Lee K. Bruceosides D, E, and F, three new cytotoxic quassinoid glucosides from Brucea javanica. J Nat Prod. 1995;58:1032-8 pubmed..Compounds 1-3 show selective cytotoxicity in the leukemia and non-small cell lung, colon, CNS, melanoma, and ovarian cancer cell lines with log GI50 values in the range of -4.14 to -5.72. ..
- Inagaki K, Hikita T, Yanagidani S, Nomura Y, Kishimoto N, Tano T, et al. Restriction endonuclease Aor13HI from Acidiphilium organovorum 13H, a new isoschizomer of BspMII: purification and characterization. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1993;57:1716-21 pubmed..5-10 mM MgCl2, and 55 degrees C. The enzyme was stable up to 60 degrees C. The N-terminal amino acid sequence (30 residues) of Aor13HI did not show any similarity with the sequence of other restriction endonucleases reported...
- Yamamoto K, Macnab R, Imae Y. Repellent response functions of the Trg and Tap chemoreceptors of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:383-8 pubmed..Upon a pH decrease, Trg mediated an attractant response, whereas Tap mediated a repellent response. These results indicate that all the receptors in E. coli have dual functions, mediating both attractant and repellent responses. ..
- Tatsuno I, Lee L, Kawagishi I, Homma M, Imae Y. Transmembrane signalling by the chimeric chemosensory receptors of Escherichia coli Tsr and Tar with heterologous membrane-spanning regions. Mol Microbiol. 1994;14:755-62 pubmed..This rapid adaptation was observed even in the methyltransferase-defective strain. Therefore, exchange of TM2 might impose structural constraints on the chimeric receptors that stabilize conformations which elicit smooth swimming. ..
- Higashino F, Yoshida K, Fujinaga Y, Kamio K, Fujinaga K. Isolation of a cDNA encoding the adenovirus E1A enhancer binding protein: a new human member of the ets oncogene family. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:547-53 pubmed..In contrast, ets-2 mRNA was significantly reduced in infected HeLa cells. The results indicate that E1A enhancer binding protein E1A-F is a member of the ets oncogene family and is probably a human homologue of mouse PEA3. ..
- Yamashita M, Shinnakasu R, Nigo Y, Kimura M, Hasegawa A, Taniguchi M, et al. Interleukin (IL)-4-independent maintenance of histone modification of the IL-4 gene loci in memory Th2 cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:39454-64 pubmed..Thus, memory Th2 cells maintain a unique Th2-specific remodeled chromatin in the IL-4 and IL-13 gene loci by active molecular events that are IL-4-independent. ..
- Araya N, Hiraga H, Kako K, Arao Y, Kato S, Fukamizu A. Transcriptional down-regulation through nuclear exclusion of EWS methylated by PRMT1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;329:653-60 pubmed..These results suggest that PRMT1 plays a post-translationally important role in regulating the transcriptional activity. ..
- Sado T, Hoki Y, Sasaki H. Tsix silences Xist through modification of chromatin structure. Dev Cell. 2005;9:159-65 pubmed..Moreover, we show that disruption of Tsix impairs establishment of repressive epigenetic modifications and chromatin structure at the Xist locus. We propose that Tsix silences Xist through modification of the chromatin structure. ..
- Hashimoto K, Kawasaki H, Akazawa K, Nakamura J, Asakura Y, Kudo T, et al. Changes in composition and content of mycolic acids in glutamate-overproducing Corynebacterium glutamicum. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2006;70:22-30 pubmed..These results suggest that different treatments produce the same effect that causes defects in the mycolic acid layer. This is perhaps one of the key factors in overproduction of glutamate by C. glutamicum...
- Abe S, Araki S, Satake M, Fujiwara N, Kon K, Ando S. Structure of triphosphonoglycosphingolipid containing N-acetylgalactosamine 6-O-2-aminoethylphosphonate in the nervous system of Aplysia kurodai. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:9939-43 pubmed
- Shu Y, Iijima T, Sun W, Kano J, Ishiyama T, Okubo C, et al. The ACIN1 gene is hypermethylated in early stage lung adenocarcinoma. J Thorac Oncol. 2006;1:160-7 pubmed..05). We found hypermethylation of the ACIN1 gene in early stage lung adenocarcinoma. The role of methylation status in the development and malignant transformation of lung adenocarcinoma requires clarification. ..
- Haruta M, Matsumoto Y, Izumi H, Watanabe N, Fukuzawa M, Matsuura S, et al. Combined BubR1 protein down-regulation and RASSF1A hypermethylation in Wilms tumors with diverse cytogenetic changes. Mol Carcinog. 2008;47:660-6 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the combined BubR1 protein down-regulation and RASSF1A hypermethylation might be implicated in the formation of chromosomal changes found in Wilms tumors. ..
- Kim J, Kako K, Kakiuchi M, Park G, Fukamizu A. EWS is a substrate of type I protein arginine methyltransferase, PRMT8. Int J Mol Med. 2008;22:309-15 pubmed..These results suggested that EWS is a substrate for PRMT8, as efficient as for PRMT1. ..
- Ferry L, Fournier A, Tsusaka T, Adelmant G, Shimazu T, Matano S, et al. Methylation of DNA Ligase 1 by G9a/GLP Recruits UHRF1 to Replicating DNA and Regulates DNA Methylation. Mol Cell. 2017;67:550-565.e5 pubmed publisher..These results further elucidate the function of UHRF1, identify a non-histone target of G9a and GLP, and provide an example of a histone mimic that coordinates DNA replication and DNA methylation maintenance. ..
- Ito H, Sadaoka A, Kotani H, Hiraoka N, Nakamura T. Cloning, nucleotide sequence, and expression of the HincII restriction-modification system. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:3903-11 pubmed..influenzae Rc. The amino acid sequence of M.HincII was compared with the sequences of four other adenine-specific type II methylases. Important homology was found between tne M.HincII and these other methylases...
- Takeuchi M, Takasaki S, Miyazaki H, Kato T, Hoshi S, Kochibe N, et al. Comparative study of the asparagine-linked sugar chains of human erythropoietins purified from urine and the culture medium of recombinant Chinese hamster ovary cells. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:3657-63 pubmed..This paper proved, for the first time, that recombinant technique can produce glycoprotein hormone whose carbohydrate structures are common to the major sugar chains of the native one. ..
- She Q, Hayakawa T, Tsuge H. Alteration in the phosphatidylcholine biosynthesis of rat liver microsomes caused by vitamin B6 deficiency. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1995;59:163-7 pubmed..Results of this study demonstrate that vitamin B6 deficiency modified methionine metabolism and decreased choline utilization, and thus indirectly affected the biosynthesis of PC in liver microsomes. ..
- Ura H, Murakami K, Akagi T, Kinoshita K, Yamaguchi S, Masui S, et al. Eed/Sox2 regulatory loop controls ES cell self-renewal through histone methylation and acetylation. EMBO J. 2011;30:2190-204 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that the Eed/Sox2 regulatory loop contributes to the maintenance of self-renewal in ES cells by controlling histone methylation and acetylation. ..
- Inamitsu M, Itoh S, Hellman U, Ten Dijke P, Kato M. Methylation of Smad6 by protein arginine N-methyltransferase 1. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:6603-11 pubmed..Both wild-type and Smad6R74A were equally efficient in blocking BMP-induced growth arrest upon their ectopic expression in HS-72 mouse B-cell hybridoma cells. ..
- Terashima M, Ishimura A, Yoshida M, Suzuki Y, Sugano S, Suzuki T. The tumor suppressor Rb and its related Rbl2 genes are regulated by Utx histone demethylase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;399:238-44 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Rb and Rbl2 are downstream target genes of Utx and may play important roles in Utx-mediated cell growth control. ..