Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on messenger rna in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: messenger rna
Publications485 found, 100 shown here
- St Clair D, Porntadavity S, Xu Y, Kiningham K. Transcription regulation of human manganese superoxide dismutase gene. Methods Enzymol. 2002;349:306-12 pubmed..It is highly likely that this difference is due to the presence or absence of coactivator or suppressor proteins in the cells and may have a physiological role in the defense against oxidative stress. ..
- Ghosh D, Porter E, Shen B, Lee S, Wilk D, Drazba J, et al. Paneth cell trypsin is the processing enzyme for human defensin-5. Nat Immunol. 2002;3:583-90 pubmed..By acting as a prodefensin convertase in human Paneth cells, trypsin is involved in the regulation of innate immunity in the small intestine. ..
- Wong J, Gill S. Gene expression changes induced in mouse liver by di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2002;185:180-96 pubmed..Genes peripherally associated with steroid hormones were also affected: ALDH3, GSTtheta2, and Id2. Collectively, our data validate the concern for DEHP as a reproductive developmental toxicant. ..
- Sands S, Purisai M, Chronwall B, Enna S. Ontogeny of GABA(B) receptor subunit expression and function in the rat spinal cord. Brain Res. 2003;972:197-206 pubmed
- Long J, Tong H, Shannon P, DeMaria T. Differential expression of cytokine genes and inducible nitric oxide synthase induced by opacity phenotype variants of Streptococcus pneumoniae during acute otitis media in the rat. Infect Immun. 2003;71:5531-40 pubmed..Data from this study indicate that S. pneumoniae opacity variants influence the temporal mRNA expression of inflammatory mediators within the middle ear. ..
- James E, Robertson L, Ehlert E, Fitzgerald P, Droin N, Green D. Presence of a transcriptionally active glucocorticoid receptor alpha in lens epithelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2003;44:5269-76 pubmed..The GRalpha in hLECs and rLECs was shown to be transcriptionally active and the expression levels in hLECs of mRNAs and proteins known to be regulated by glucocorticoids were modified in these cells by glucocorticoid treatment...
- Pondugula S, Sanneman J, Wangemann P, Milhaud P, Marcus D. Glucocorticoids stimulate cation absorption by semicircular canal duct epithelium via epithelial sodium channel. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2004;286:F1127-35 pubmed..The results provide for the first time an understanding of the therapeutic benefit of glucocorticoids in the treatment of Meniere's disease, a condition that is associated with increased luminal fluid volume...
- Neumann G, Brownlee G, Fodor E, Kawaoka Y. Orthomyxovirus replication, transcription, and polyadenylation. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2004;283:121-43 pubmed..In this chapter, we review the status of current knowledge of the orthomyxovirus RNA synthesis. ..
- Liu S, Stromberg A, Tai H, Moscow J. Thiamine transporter gene expression and exogenous thiamine modulate the expression of genes involved in drug and prostaglandin metabolism in breast cancer cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2004;2:477-87 pubmed..In summary, these studies show unexpected relationships between thiamine metabolism and genes that may be involved in the oncogenesis of breast and lung cancer. ..
- Eubank T, Roberts R, Galloway M, Wang Y, Cohn D, Marsh C. GM-CSF induces expression of soluble VEGF receptor-1 from human monocytes and inhibits angiogenesis in mice. Immunity. 2004;21:831-42 pubmed..Thus, GM-CSF and monocytes play a vital role in angiogenesis through the regulation of VEGF and sVEGFR-1. ..
- Komar A, Gross S, Barth Baus D, Strachan R, Hensold J, Goss Kinzy T, et al. Novel characteristics of the biological properties of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae eukaryotic initiation factor 2A. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:15601-11 pubmed..It was hypothesized that this instability allows for translational control through the level of eIF2A protein in yeast cells. ..
- Guo Y, Ramachandran C, Satpathy M, Srinivas S. Histamine-induced myosin light chain phosphorylation breaks down the barrier integrity of cultured corneal epithelial cells. Pharm Res. 2007;24:1824-33 pubmed..This is attributed to weakening of the tethering forces at the tight junctions by the centripetal forces produced by increased actin contractility. ..
- Casey L, Patterson E, Muller U, Fox C. Conversion of a replication origin to a silencer through a pathway shared by a Forkhead transcription factor and an S phase cyclin. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:608-22 pubmed..These and other data supported a model in which FKH1 and CLB5 modulated Sir2-4 chromatin and late-origin firing through opposing regulation of a common pathway. ..
- Wu C, Peluso J, Shanley J, Puddington L, Thrall R. Murine cytomegalovirus influences Foxj1 expression, ciliogenesis, and mucus plugging in mice with allergic airway disease. Am J Pathol. 2008;172:714-24 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that MCMV infection of the airway epithelium enhances goblet cell metaplasia and diminishes efficient mucociliary clearance in mice with AAD, resulting in increased mucus plugging. ..
- Mukhopadhyay R, Ray P, Arif A, Brady A, Kinter M, Fox P. DAPK-ZIPK-L13a axis constitutes a negative-feedback module regulating inflammatory gene expression. Mol Cell. 2008;32:371-82 pubmed publisher..We propose that the module presents an important checkpoint in the macrophage "resolution of inflammation" program, and that pathway defects may contribute to chronic inflammatory disorders. ..
- Menegaz D, Barrientos Duran A, Kline A, Silva F, Norman A, Mizwicki M, et al. 1alpha,25(OH)2-Vitamin D3 stimulation of secretion via chloride channel activation in Sertoli cells. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;119:127-34 pubmed publisher..We conclude that 1,25(OH)2-D3 appears to be a modulator of male reproductive functions at least in part by stimulating Sertoli cell secretory functions. ..
- Viswanathan S, Dignam S, Dignam J. Control of the levels of alanyl-, glycyl-, and seryl-tRNA synthetases in the silkgland of Bombyx mori. Dev Biol. 1988;129:350-7 pubmed..A form of alanyl-tRNA synthetase with a slightly higher apparent molecular weight is detected in the posterior silkgland early in the fifth instar and in ovarian tissue. ..
- Myers R, Payson R, Chotani M, Deaven L, Chiu I. Gene structure and differential expression of acidic fibroblast growth factor mRNA: identification and distribution of four different transcripts. Oncogene. 1993;8:341-9 pubmed..The sequences upstream of the start sites for aFGF 1.B mRNA do not contain a consensus TATA box. In contrast, the canonical CCAAT and TATA sequences are located at the proper distances from the transcription start site of aFGF 1.A mRNA. ..
- Dalton T, Palmiter R, Andrews G. Transcriptional induction of the mouse metallothionein-I gene in hydrogen peroxide-treated Hepa cells involves a composite major late transcription factor/antioxidant response element and metal response promoter elements. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:5016-23 pubmed..Induction of MT gene transcription by ROS and the subsequent scavenging of ROS by the MT peptide is reminiscent of the metal regulatory loop and is consistent with the hypothesized protective functions of MT. ..
- Chakrabarti R, Chakrabarti D, Souba W, Schuster S. Interaction of the eucaryotic peptide chain initiation factor eIF-4A with the specific elements at the 5'-untranslated sequence of human asparagine synthetase mRNA. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:1298-303 pubmed..This 46-kDa protein factor is most likely to be the eucaryotic peptide chain initiation factor eIF-4A as determined by immunoprecipitation experiments using a monoclonal antibody raised against reticulocyte eIF-4A. ..
- Oster Granite M, McPhie D, Greenan J, Neve R. Age-dependent neuronal and synaptic degeneration in mice transgenic for the C terminus of the amyloid precursor protein. J Neurosci. 1996;16:6732-41 pubmed..The 45 control mice displayed only occasional necrotic cells and no extensive cell degeneration in the same brain regions. These findings show that APP-C100 is capable of causing some of the neuropathological features of AD. ..
- Ishikawa H, Carrasco D, Claudio E, Ryseck R, Bravo R. Gastric hyperplasia and increased proliferative responses of lymphocytes in mice lacking the COOH-terminal ankyrin domain of NF-kappaB2. J Exp Med. 1997;186:999-1014 pubmed..Thus, the p100 precursor is essential for the proper regulation of p52-containing Rel/NF-kappaB complexes in various cell types and its absence cannot be efficiently compensated for by other IkappaB proteins. ..
- Pemberton P, Tipton A, Pavloff N, Smith J, Erickson J, Mouchabeck Z, et al. Maspin is an intracellular serpin that partitions into secretory vesicles and is present at the cell surface. J Histochem Cytochem. 1997;45:1697-706 pubmed
- Edwards M, Lemos F, Donnelly Doman M, Jacobs Lorena M. Rapid induction by a blood meal of a carboxypeptidase gene in the gut of the mosquito Anopheles gambiae. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 1997;27:1063-72 pubmed..The potential use of the AgCP promoter for driving the expression of genes that hinder the development of parasites in the mosquito gut is discussed. ..
- Swanson B, Jäck H, Lyons G. Characterization of myocyte enhancer factor 2 (MEF2) expression in B and T cells: MEF2C is a B cell-restricted transcription factor in lymphocytes. Mol Immunol. 1998;35:445-58 pubmed..Our data is the first to describe mef2C expression in the lymphocyte lineage, and this finding suggests possible roles for MEF2C activity in B cell development and function. ..
- van Geel M, van Deutekom J, van Staalduinen A, Lemmers R, Dickson M, Hofker M, et al. Identification of a novel beta-tubulin subfamily with one member (TUBB4Q) located near the telomere of chromosome region 4q35. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2000;88:316-21 pubmed..Although the chromosome 4q35 tubulin-member probably represents a pseudogene, ectopic expression due to a postulated position effect variegation (PEV), makes TUBB4Q an ideal dominant-negative candidate gene for FSHD1. ..
- Frevel M, Bakheet T, Silva A, Hissong J, Khabar K, Williams B. p38 Mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent and -independent signaling of mRNA stability of AU-rich element-containing transcripts. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:425-36 pubmed..Finally, the identification of the p38-dependent upstream activator MAP kinase kinase 6 as a member of this group identifies a positive feedback loop regulating macrophage signaling via p38 MAP kinase-dependent transcript stabilization. ..
- Bergkessel M, Reese J. An essential role for the Saccharomyces cerevisiae DEAD-box helicase DHH1 in G1/S DNA-damage checkpoint recovery. Genetics. 2004;167:21-33 pubmed..Furthermore, the high degree of conservation between DHH1 and its human ortholog suggests that this mechanism is conserved among all eukaryotes and potentially important in human disease. ..
- Dunn E, Hammell C, Hodge C, Cole C. Yeast poly(A)-binding protein, Pab1, and PAN, a poly(A) nuclease complex recruited by Pab1, connect mRNA biogenesis to export. Genes Dev. 2005;19:90-103 pubmed..The studies presented here suggest that proper loading of Pab1 onto mRNAs and final trimming of the tail allows release from transcription sites and couples pre-mRNA processing to export. ..
- Horohov D, Beadle R, Mouch S, Pourciau S. Temporal regulation of cytokine mRNA expression in equine recurrent airway obstruction. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2005;108:237-45 pubmed publisher..Here, we report a diverse pattern of cytokine gene expression when sampling a group of affected horses over a period of time...
- Hsieh M, Lupas G, Rychlik J, Dziennis S, Habecker B, Lewis E. ERK1/2 is a negative regulator of homeodomain protein Arix/Phox2a. J Neurochem. 2005;94:1719-27 pubmed
- Iczkowski K, Omara Opyene A, Kulkarni T, Pansara M, Shah G. Paracrine calcitonin in prostate cancer is linked to CD44 variant expression and invasion. Anticancer Res. 2005;25:2075-83 pubmed..This paracrine factor, acting though cyclic AMP, regulates the expression of CD44v7-10, which modulates the tumor phenotype. ..
- Torto R, Boghossian S, Dube M, Kalra P, Kalra S. Central leptin gene therapy blocks ovariectomy-induced adiposity. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2006;14:1312-9 pubmed
- Bai Y, Lu H, Machida C. CRM 1-mediated degradation and agonist-induced down-regulation of beta-adrenergic receptor mRNAs. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1763:1076-89 pubmed..Our results suggest that CRM 1-dependent NES-mediated mechanisms influence the degradation and agonist-mediated down-regulation of the beta1-AR mRNAs. ..
- Alderson N, Maldonado E, Kern M, Bhat N, Hama H. FA2H-dependent fatty acid 2-hydroxylation in postnatal mouse brain. J Lipid Res. 2006;47:2772-80 pubmed..Together, these data provide evidence that FA2H is the major fatty acid 2-hydroxylase in brain and that 2-hydroxylation of free fatty acids is the first step in the synthesis of 2-hydroxy galactolipids. ..
- Zamora D, Babra B, Pan Y, Planck S, Rosenbaum J. Human leukocytes express ephrinB2 which activates microvascular endothelial cells. Cell Immunol. 2006;242:99-109 pubmed..This suggests a novel mechanism by which EC and lymphocytes communicate to regulate cell activation/migration during inflammation. ..
- Reis C, Campbell J. Contribution of Trf4/5 and the nuclear exosome to genome stability through regulation of histone mRNA levels in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2007;175:993-1010 pubmed..These results identify TRF4, TRF5, and RRP6 as new players in the regulation of histone mRNA levels in yeast. To our knowledge, the histone transcripts are the first mRNAs that are upregulated in Trf mutants. ..
- Huntoon K, Wang Y, Eppolito C, Barbour K, Berger F, Shrikant P, et al. The acute phase protein haptoglobin regulates host immunity. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;84:170-81 pubmed publisher..The phenotype of Hp-deficient mice suggests a major regulatory activity for Hp in supporting proliferation and functional differentiation of B and T cells as part of homeostasis and in response to antigen stimulation. ..
- See A, Clagett Dame M. The temporal requirement for vitamin A in the developing eye: mechanism of action in optic fissure closure and new roles for the vitamin in regulating cell proliferation and adhesion in the embryonic retina. Dev Biol. 2009;325:94-105 pubmed publisher..Reduction of retinal cell number combined with a loss of the normal cell-cell adhesion proteins may contribute to the collapse and folding of the retina that occurs in late VAD fetuses...
- Gaudreault N, Rowland R, Wyatt C. Factors affecting the permissiveness of porcine alveolar macrophages for porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus. Arch Virol. 2009;154:133-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the PRRSV-permissive population of cells in culture arises from a non-permissive precursor population and depends on new mRNA synthesis...
- Foreman J, Sorg J, McGinnis K, Rigas B, Williams J, Clapper M, et al. Regulation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-beta/delta by the APC/beta-CATENIN pathway and nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs. Mol Carcinog. 2009;48:942-52 pubmed publisher..Further, these studies suggest that increased PPAR beta/delta and/or PPAR alpha by NSAIDs in human colon cancer cell lines could contribute to the mechanisms underlying the chemopreventive effects of NSAIDs. ..
- O Hara S, Splinter P, Gajdos G, Trussoni C, Fernandez Zapico M, Chen X, et al. NFkappaB p50-CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta (C/EBPbeta)-mediated transcriptional repression of microRNA let-7i following microbial infection. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:216-25 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a novel mechanism of transcriptional regulation of cholangiocyte let-7i expression following microbial insult, a process with potential implications for epithelial innate immune responses in general...
- Yang H, Bushue N, Bu P, Wan Y. Induction and intracellular localization of Nur77 dictate fenretinide-induced apoptosis of human liver cancer cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;79:948-54 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings demonstrate that fenretinide-induced apoptosis of HCC cells is Nur77 dependent and that the intracellular localization of Nur77 dictates the sensitivity of the HCC cells to fenretinide-induced apoptosis. ..
- Rienhoff H, Groudine M. Regulation of amyloid A gene expression in cultured cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1988;8:3710-6 pubmed..These observations suggest that conditioned medium contains a factor(s) that acts directly on hepatocytes to regulate SAA3 mRNA processing. ..
- Chakraborty I, Das S, Wang J, Dey S. Developmental expression of the cyclo-oxygenase-1 and cyclo-oxygenase-2 genes in the peri-implantation mouse uterus and their differential regulation by the blastocyst and ovarian steroids. J Mol Endocrinol. 1996;16:107-22 pubmed..Overall, the results suggest that the uterine COX-1 gene is influenced by ovarian steroids, while the COX-2 gene is regulated by the implanting blastocyst during early pregnancy. ..
- Hall A. Differential expression of thymosin genes in human tumors and in the developing human kidney. Int J Cancer. 1991;48:672-7 pubmed
- Bertelsen A, Beaudry G, Galella E, Jones B, Ray M, Mehta N. Cloning and characterization of two alternatively spliced rat alpha-amidating enzyme cDNAs from rat medullary thyroid carcinoma. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1990;279:87-96 pubmed..In addition, data are presented which demonstrate that type B mRNA is also functional. The implications of the internal and carboxyl-end heterogeneity are discussed. ..
- Zhang J, Deutscher M. Analysis of the upstream region of the Escherichia coli rnd gene encoding RNase D. Evidence for translational regulation of a putative tRNA processing enzyme. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:18228-33 pubmed..These data indicate that RNase D expression is negatively regulated at the translational level by the initiation codon, and that an upstream structure (or sequence) also influences translation of this gene. ..
- Webb N, de Villiers W, Connell P, de Beer F, van der Westhuyzen D. Alternative forms of the scavenger receptor BI (SR-BI). J Lipid Res. 1997;38:1490-5 pubmed..2 protein and acquired the ability to take up fluorescent lipid (DiI) from DiI-HDL. Alternative splicing of SR-BI represents a potentially important process for the regulation of SR-BI expression and function. ..
- Lin X, Mattjus P, Pike H, Windebank A, Brown R. Cloning and expression of glycolipid transfer protein from bovine and porcine brain. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:5104-10 pubmed..Reverse transcriptase-PCR analyses of mRNA levels supported the Northern blot results. ..
- Kingsley P, McGrath K, Maltby K, Koniski A, Ramchandran R, Palis J. Subtractive hybridization reveals tissue-specific expression of ahnak during embryonic development. Dev Growth Differ. 2001;43:133-43 pubmed..The potential functions of ahnak are discussed in light of these results. ..
- Spindler S. Calorie restriction enhances the expression of key metabolic enzymes associated with protein renewal during aging. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2001;928:296-304 pubmed..Enhanced renewal may reduce the level of damaged and toxic proteins that accumulate during aging, contributing to the extension of life span by CR. ..
- Cunningham M, Scarlett J, Steiner R. Cloning and distribution of galanin-like peptide mRNA in the hypothalamus and pituitary of the macaque. Endocrinology. 2002;143:755-63 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that a leptin-GALP signaling pathway exists in a primate species...
- Johnson M, Wang K, Diasio R. Profound dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase deficiency resulting from a novel compound heterozygote genotype. Clin Cancer Res. 2002;8:768-74 pubmed..These data suggest that both variant alleles are unrelated to DPD deficiency and emphasize the need to perform detailed familial genotypic and phenotypic analysis while characterizing this pharmacogenetic syndrome. ..
- Hinkle B, Slepchenko B, Rolls M, Walther T, Stein P, Mehlmann L, et al. Chromosomal association of Ran during meiotic and mitotic divisions. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:4685-93 pubmed..06 second(-1), and binding analysis suggests that there is a single major site. The chromosomal interactions may serve to keep Ran-GTP in the vicinity of the chromosomes for spindle assembly and nuclear envelope reformation. ..
- Paintlia A, Gilg A, Khan M, Singh A, Barbosa E, Singh I. Correlation of very long chain fatty acid accumulation and inflammatory disease progression in childhood X-ALD: implications for potential therapies. Neurobiol Dis. 2003;14:425-39 pubmed
- Bates C, Kegg H, Grady S. Expression of somatostatin in the adult and developing mouse kidney. Kidney Int. 2004;66:1785-93 pubmed..Expression in the thin descending limb persists in the adult kidney. ..
- Costa A, Wang Y, Dockendorff T, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Schedl P, et al. The Drosophila fragile X protein functions as a negative regulator in the orb autoregulatory pathway. Dev Cell. 2005;8:331-42 pubmed..We show that dFMR1 functions as a negative regulator in the orb autoregulatory circuit, downregulating orb mRNA translation. ..
- Rodic N, Oka M, Hamazaki T, Murawski M, Jorgensen M, Maatouk D, et al. DNA methylation is required for silencing of ant4, an adenine nucleotide translocase selectively expressed in mouse embryonic stem cells and germ cells. Stem Cells. 2005;23:1314-23 pubmed..These data indicate that Ant4 is a pluripotent stem cell- and germ cell-specific isoform of adenine nucleotide translocase in mouse and that DNA methylation plays a primary role in its transcriptional silencing in somatic cells. ..
- Challa A, McWhorter M, Wang C, Seeger M, Beattie C. Robo3 isoforms have distinct roles during zebrafish development. Mech Dev. 2005;122:1073-86 pubmed..This study reveals a novel function for Robo receptors in specifying ventral cell fates during vertebrate development. ..
- Ratajczak J, Miekus K, Kucia M, Zhang J, Reca R, Dvorak P, et al. Embryonic stem cell-derived microvesicles reprogram hematopoietic progenitors: evidence for horizontal transfer of mRNA and protein delivery. Leukemia. 2006;20:847-56 pubmed..We postulate that ES-MV may efficiently expand HPC by stimulating them with ES-MV expressed ligands (e.g., Wnt-3) as well as increase their pluripotency after horizontal transfer of ES-derived mRNA. ..
- Herringa R, Mackenrodt D, Barlow J, Roseboom P, Nanda S, Kalin N. Corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF), but not corticosterone, increases basolateral amygdala CRF-binding protein. Brain Res. 2006;1083:21-8 pubmed..Furthermore, this effect appears to be mediated by mechanisms other than the identified CRF receptors. ..
- Patel M, Siegel A, Berry J. Untranslated regions of FbRbcS1 mRNA mediate bundle sheath cell-specific gene expression in leaves of a C4 plant. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:25485-91 pubmed..We conclude that selective transcript stabilization (in bs cells) or degradation (in mp cells) plays a key role in determining bs cell-specific localization of the rubisco enzyme. ..
- Nadella M, Dirksen W, Nadella K, Shu S, Cheng A, Morgenstern J, et al. Transcriptional regulation of parathyroid hormone-related protein promoter P2 by NF-kappaB in adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma. Leukemia. 2007;21:1752-62 pubmed..In summary, the data demonstrated that transcriptional regulation of PTHrP in ATLL cells can be controlled by NF-kappaB activation and also suggest a Tax-independent mechanism of activation of PTHrP in ATLL. ..
- Song Z, Chen H, Fiket M, Alexander C, Chan D. OPA1 processing controls mitochondrial fusion and is regulated by mRNA splicing, membrane potential, and Yme1L. J Cell Biol. 2007;178:749-55 pubmed..Cleavage at S2 is regulated by the i-AAA protease Yme1L. Our results suggest that mammalian cells have multiple pathways to control mitochondrial fusion through regulation of the spectrum of OPA1 isoforms. ..
- Kang L, Sanders N, Dunn Meynell A, Gaspers L, Routh V, Thomas A, et al. Prior hypoglycemia enhances glucose responsiveness in some ventromedial hypothalamic glucosensing neurons. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2008;294:R784-92 pubmed..5 mmol/l glucose. These data suggest that the increased VMH glucokinase after IIH may contribute to the increased responsiveness of VMH glucosensing neurons to glucose and the associated blunting of the AMR...
- Gong Q, Zhang L, Moss A, Vincent G, Ackerman M, Robinson J, et al. A splice site mutation in hERG leads to cryptic splicing in human long QT syndrome. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;44:502-9 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that 2398+1G>C activates a cryptic site and generates a full-length hERG protein with an insertion of 18 amino acids, which leads to a trafficking defect of the mutant channel. ..
- Faca V, Song K, Wang H, Zhang Q, Krasnoselsky A, Newcomb L, et al. A mouse to human search for plasma proteome changes associated with pancreatic tumor development. PLoS Med. 2008;5:e123 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that GEM models of cancer, in combination with in-depth proteomic analysis, provide a useful strategy to identify candidate markers applicable to human cancer with potential utility for early detection. ..
- Xing D, Zhao H, Li Q. Arabidopsis CLP1-SIMILAR PROTEIN3, an ortholog of human polyadenylation factor CLP1, functions in gametophyte, embryo, and postembryonic development. Plant Physiol. 2008;148:2059-69 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that Arabidopsis CLPS3 might be involved in the processing of pre-mRNAs encoded by a distinct subset of genes that are important in plant development. ..
- Megjugorac N, Gallagher G, Gallagher G. Modulation of human plasmacytoid DC function by IFN-lambda1 (IL-29). J Leukoc Biol. 2009;86:1359-63 pubmed publisher..This work characterizes the variable effects of IFN-lambda on DC surface molecule expression and identifies a role in pDC activation and immunostimulatory potential. ..
- Paul A, Ferl R. In vivo footprinting reveals unique cis-elements and different modes of hypoxic induction in maize Adh1 and Adh2. Plant Cell. 1991;3:159-68 pubmed..In contrast, all of the factors bound to the 5'-flanking region of Adh2 are constitutively present and unchanged by hypoxia. There is one footprint site common to both Adh1 and Adh2, but it is not an anaerobic response-like element. ..
- Reddy N, Roth W, Bragg P, Wahba A. Isolation and mapping of a gene for protein synthesis initiation factor 4A and its expression during differentiation of murine erythroleukemia cells. Gene. 1988;70:231-43 pubmed
- Chang C, Luntz Leybman V, Evans J, Rotter A, Frostholm A. Developmental changes in the expression of gamma-aminobutyric acidA/benzodiazepine receptor subunit mRNAs in the murine inferior olivary complex. J Comp Neurol. 1995;356:615-28 pubmed
- Rani M, Foster G, Leung S, Leaman D, Stark G, Ransohoff R. Characterization of beta-R1, a gene that is selectively induced by interferon beta (IFN-beta) compared with IFN-alpha. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:22878-84 pubmed
- Ray A, Ray B. Isolation and functional characterization of cDNA of serum amyloid A-activating factor that binds to the serum amyloid A promoter. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:7327-35 pubmed
- Bagga P, Arhin G, Wilusz J. DSEF-1 is a member of the hnRNP H family of RNA-binding proteins and stimulates pre-mRNA cleavage and polyadenylation in vitro. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:5343-50 pubmed..These observations suggest that DSEF-1 is an auxiliary factor that assists in the assembly of the general 3'-end processing factors onto the core elements of the polyadenylation signal. ..
- Perry M, Mendrysa S, Saucedo L, Tannous P, Holubar M. p76(MDM2) inhibits the ability of p90(MDM2) to destabilize p53. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:5733-8 pubmed..Our results indicate that the ratio of the two MDM2 proteins may regulate the response of tissues to DNA damage. ..
- Barbet A, Lundgren A, Yi J, Rurangirwa F, Palmer G. Antigenic variation of Anaplasma marginale by expression of MSP2 mosaics. Infect Immun. 2000;68:6133-8 pubmed..marginale. A potential mechanism for persistence is segmental gene conversion of the expression site to link hypervariable msp2 sequences to the promoter and polycistron...
- Giorgini F, Davies H, Braun R. MSY2 and MSY4 bind a conserved sequence in the 3' untranslated region of protamine 1 mRNA in vitro and in vivo. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:7010-9 pubmed..The conservation of the RNA binding motifs among Y-box protein family members raises the possibility that other Y-box proteins may have previously unrecognized sequence-specific RNA binding activities. ..
- Mick G, Wang X, McCormick K. White adipocyte vascular endothelial growth factor: regulation by insulin. Endocrinology. 2002;143:948-53 pubmed
- McPherson M, Yang Y, Hammond P, Kreider B. Drug receptor identification from multiple tissues using cellular-derived mRNA display libraries. Chem Biol. 2002;9:691-8 pubmed..Using this approach, it is anticipated that mRNA display could eventually play a key role in the discovery and characterization of new drug receptor interactions. ..
- Scarpace P, Matheny M, Zhang Y, Shek E, Prima V, Zolotukhin S, et al. Leptin-induced leptin resistance reveals separate roles for the anorexic and thermogenic responses in weight maintenance. Endocrinology. 2002;143:3026-35 pubmed..We propose that both elevated leptin and obesity may be necessary for the development of leptin resistance. ..
- Dale J, Malapert P, Chal J, Vilhais Neto G, Maroto M, Johnson T, et al. Oscillations of the snail genes in the presomitic mesoderm coordinate segmental patterning and morphogenesis in vertebrate somitogenesis. Dev Cell. 2006;10:355-66 pubmed..Thus, Snail genes define a class of cyclic genes that coordinate segmentation and PSM morphogenesis. ..
- Chang Y, Marlin J, Chance T, Jakobi R. RhoA mediates cyclooxygenase-2 signaling to disrupt the formation of adherens junctions and increase cell motility. Cancer Res. 2006;66:11700-8 pubmed..Understanding of COX-2 downstream signaling pathways that promote tumor progression is crucial for the development of novel therapeutic strategies. ..
- Keller K, Kelley M, Acott T. Extracellular matrix gene alternative splicing by trabecular meshwork cells in response to mechanical stretching. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:1164-72 pubmed..These changes should affect TM cell-ECM and/or protein-protein interactions during the ECM remodeling that occurs coincident with homeostatic restoration of IOP to normal. ..
- Usui M, Xing L, Drissi H, Zuscik M, O KEEFE R, Chen D, et al. Murine and chicken chondrocytes regulate osteoclastogenesis by producing RANKL in response to BMP2. J Bone Miner Res. 2008;23:314-25 pubmed..Hypertrophic chondrocytes may regulate osteoclastogenesis at growth plates to remove calcified matrix through BMP-induced RANKL expression. ..