Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on messenger rna in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: messenger rna
Publications371 found, 100 shown here
- Mandal P, McDaniel L, Prough R, Clark B. 7,12-Dimethylbenz[a]anthracene inhibition of steroid production in MA-10 mouse Leydig tumor cells is not directly linked to induction of CYP1B1. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2001;175:200-8 pubmed..CYP1B1 expression levels, however, cannot be directly correlated to potential in vitro or in vivo toxic effects of TCDD or DMBA. ..
- Evanko S, Johnson P, Braun K, Underhill C, Dudhia J, Wight T. Platelet-derived growth factor stimulates the formation of versican-hyaluronan aggregates and pericellular matrix expansion in arterial smooth muscle cells. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2001;394:29-38 pubmed
- Stevens A, Wang Y, Bremer K, Zhang J, Hoepfner R, Antoniou M, et al. Beta -Globin mRNA decay in erythroid cells: UG site-preferred endonucleolytic cleavage that is augmented by a premature termination codon. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:12741-6 pubmed..These data suggest that an endonuclease with preference for UG dinucleotides is involved in the degradation of nonsense-containing and, to a lesser extent, nonsense-free human beta-globin mRNAs in mouse erythroid cells. ..
- Young W, Holcomb D, Ten Hagen K, Tabak L. Expression of UDP-GalNAc:polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase isoforms in murine tissues determined by real-time PCR: a new view of a large family. Glycobiology. 2003;13:549-57 pubmed
- Yu F, Westenbroek R, Silos Santiago I, McCormick K, Lawson D, Ge P, et al. Sodium channel beta4, a new disulfide-linked auxiliary subunit with similarity to beta2. J Neurosci. 2003;23:7577-85 pubmed..This novel, disulfide-linked beta subunit is likely to affect both protein-protein interactions and physiological function of multiple sodium channel alpha subunits. ..
- Ganji S, Tavintharan S, Zhu D, Xing Y, Kamanna V, Kashyap M. Niacin noncompetitively inhibits DGAT2 but not DGAT1 activity in HepG2 cells. J Lipid Res. 2004;45:1835-45 pubmed
- Bailey C, Johnson G. Developmental regulation of tissue transglutaminase in the mouse forebrain. J Neurochem. 2004;91:1369-79 pubmed..These results demonstrate for the first time that tTG enzymatic activity in the mammalian forebrain is developmentally regulated by post-translational mechanisms. ..
- Gillio Meina C, Hui Y, Lavoie H. Expression of CCAAT/enhancer binding proteins alpha and beta in the porcine ovary and regulation in primary cultures of granulosa cells. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:1194-204 pubmed..The differential expression of specific CEBPA/B isoforms observed in maturing follicles and CL may contribute to changes in follicular cell differentiation and increasing steroidogenic capacity. ..
- Osterhout C, Sterling C, Chikaraishi D, Tank A. Induction of tyrosine hydroxylase in the locus coeruleus of transgenic mice in response to stress or nicotine treatment: lack of activation of tyrosine hydroxylase promoter activity. J Neurochem. 2005;94:731-41 pubmed..The induction in the adrenal is dependent primarily on transcriptional mechanisms, whereas that in the LC is apparently dependent primarily on post-transcriptional mechanisms. ..
- Ni D, Gu Q, Hu H, Gao N, Zhu M, Lee L. Thermal sensitivity of isolated vagal pulmonary sensory neurons: role of transient receptor potential vanilloid receptors. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2006;291:R541-50 pubmed
- Huddleston C, Weinberg A, Parker D. OX40 (CD134) engagement drives differentiation of CD4+ T cells to effector cells. Eur J Immunol. 2006;36:1093-103 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that CD4+ T cell differentiation to effector function is an important effect of OX40 engagement under conditions of ubiquitous antigen presentation. ..
- Merritt J, Brothers K, Kuchma S, O Toole G. SadC reciprocally influences biofilm formation and swarming motility via modulation of exopolysaccharide production and flagellar function. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:8154-64 pubmed..J. Bacteriol. 189:8165-8178, 2007), via modulating levels of the signaling molecule cyclic-di-GMP, coregulate swarming motility and biofilm formation as P. aeruginosa transitions from a planktonic to a surface-associated lifestyle. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang M, Middleton F, Horton J, Pritchard M, Spadaro J, et al. Connective tissue growth factor and insulin-like growth factor 2 show upregulation in early growth plate radiorecovery response following irradiation. Cells Tissues Organs. 2007;186:192-203 pubmed..797, p < 0.05 in the PZ and r = 0.875, p < 0.01 in the HZ, respectively). ..
- Tasian S, Park J, Martin E, Englund J. Influenza-associated morbidity in children with cancer. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2008;50:983-7 pubmed publisher..Influenza infection should be considered in febrile children with respiratory symptoms during the respiratory viral season, as well as concurrent bacterial or fungal infections. ..
- Sharma S, SIF S, Ostrowski M, Sankar U. Defective co-activator recruitment in osteoclasts from microphthalmia-oak ridge mutant mice. J Cell Physiol. 2009;220:230-7 pubmed publisher..Cathepsin K may thus represent a unique class of Mitf-regulated osteoclast-specific genes that are important for osteoclast function. ..
- Emami K, Brown L, Pitts T, Sun X, Vessella R, Corey E. Nemo-like kinase induces apoptosis and inhibits androgen receptor signaling in prostate cancer cells. Prostate. 2009;69:1481-92 pubmed publisher..A deeper understanding of the roles of NLK in regulation of AR-mediated transcription and control of PCa progression may point the way to new modes of therapeutic intervention in this disease. ..
- Murray I, Krishnegowda G, Dinatale B, Flaveny C, Chiaro C, Lin J, et al. Development of a selective modulator of aryl hydrocarbon (Ah) receptor activity that exhibits anti-inflammatory properties. Chem Res Toxicol. 2010;23:955-66 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that SGA 360 is a selective Ah receptor modulator (SAhRM) that exhibits anti-inflammatory properties in vivo. ..
- Wagoner M, Gunsalus K, Schoenike B, Richardson A, Friedl A, Roopra A. The transcription factor REST is lost in aggressive breast cancer. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000979 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the alternative splicing observed in REST-less breast cancer is an attractive therapeutic target. ..
- Menegay H, Myers M, Moeslein F, Landreth G. Biochemical characterization and localization of the dual specificity kinase CLK1. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 18):3241-53 pubmed..Contrary to previous studies using overexpression systems, we show that CLK1 protein is primarily found in the cytoplasm of these cells, with only a small fraction localized to the nucleus. ..
- Austin R, Xia T, Ren J, Takahashi T, Roberts R. Designed arginine-rich RNA-binding peptides with picomolar affinity. J Am Chem Soc. 2002;124:10966-7 pubmed
- Kang I, Kuramitsu H. Induction of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 by Porphyromonas gingivalis in human endothelial cells. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2002;34:311-7 pubmed..In conclusion, the secretion of high levels of MCP-1 resulting from interactions of P. gingivalis with endothelial cells could enhance atherosclerosis progression by contributing to the recruitment of monocytes. ..
- Patterson C, Dunn Meynell A, Levin B. Three weeks of early-onset exercise prolongs obesity resistance in DIO rats after exercise cessation. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2008;294:R290-301 pubmed..Thus, early-onset exercise may favorably alter, while early caloric restriction may unfavorably influence, the development of the hypothalamic pathways controlling energy homeostasis during brain development. ..
- Yori J, Johnson E, Zhou G, Jain M, Keri R. Kruppel-like factor 4 inhibits epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition through regulation of E-cadherin gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16854-63 pubmed publisher..The clear requirement for KLF4 to maintain E-cadherin expression and prevent epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in mammary epithelial cells supports a metastasis suppressive role for KLF4 in breast cancer. ..
- Kramer K, Duffy J, Klemann S, Bixby J, Low B, Pope W, et al. Selective cloning of cDNA for secretory proteins of early embryos. Identification of a transiently expressed kunitz domain protein from preimplantation sheep trophoblast. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:7255-61 pubmed..Despite their high expression, no proteinase-inhibitory activity can so far be ascribed to either the ovine or bovine proteins. The P1 residue, an asparagine, is not represented in any other known Kunitz inhibitors. ..
- Mathisen P, Pease S, Garvey J, Hood L, Readhead C. Identification of an embryonic isoform of myelin basic protein that is expressed widely in the mouse embryo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:10125-9 pubmed..The expression of E-MBP in cell types distinct from the nervous system strongly suggests that this MBP isoform has a role apart from the formation of myelin. ..
- Chang C, da Silva S, Ideta R, Lee Y, Yeh S, Burbach J. Human and rat TR4 orphan receptors specify a subclass of the steroid receptor superfamily. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:6040-4 pubmed..Unlike TR2 orphan receptors, the TR4 orphan receptor appears to be predominantly located in granule cells of the hippocampus and the cerebellum, suggesting that it may play some role(s) in transcriptional regulation in these neurons. ..
- Hou X, Maser R, Magenheimer B, Calvet J. A mouse kidney- and liver-expressed cDNA having homology with a prokaryotic parathion hydrolase (phosphotriesterase)-encoding gene: abnormal expression in injured and polycystic kidneys. Gene. 1996;168:157-63 pubmed..This cDNA represents the first eukaryotic sequence showing similarity to these prokaryotic genes. Based on this apparent homology, it has been named mpr56-1 (for mouse phosphotriesterase-related 56-1). ..
- Draper B, Mello C, Bowerman B, Hardin J, Priess J. MEX-3 is a KH domain protein that regulates blastomere identity in early C. elegans embryos. Cell. 1996;87:205-16 pubmed..We propose that MEX-3 contributes to anterior-posterior asymmetry by regulating one or more mRNAs involved in specifying the fate of the posterior blastomere. ..
- Pardinas J, Pang Z, Houghton J, Palejwala V, Donnelly R, Hubbard K, et al. Differential gene expression in SV40-mediated immortalization of human fibroblasts. J Cell Physiol. 1997;171:325-35 pubmed..In particular, the patterns of expression of J4-4 and J4-3 strongly suggest that they are involved in the process of immortalization and/or can serve as target genes for assessing regulators of gene expression in this process. ..
- Muller H, Ishimura R, Orwig K, Liu B, Soares M. Homologues for prolactin-like proteins A and B are present in the mouse. Biol Reprod. 1998;58:45-51 pubmed..In summary, we have established the presence of PLP-A and PLP-B in the mouse. The findings expand our knowledge of these two cytokines/hormones and provide additional strategies for studying their function. ..
- Khaled A, Butfiloski E, Villas B, Sobel E, Schiffenbauer J. Aberrant expression of the NF-kappaB and IkappaB proteins in B cells from viable motheaten mice. Autoimmunity. 1999;30:115-28 pubmed..We conclude that the differences in NF-kappaB/IkappaB proteins that we have described in me(v) are likely a consequences of the SHP1 defect and could contribute to the clinical disorder that characterizes me(v) mice. ..
- Fejes Toth G, Naray Fejes Toth A, Velazquez H. Intrarenal distribution of the colonic H,K-ATPase mRNA in rabbit. Kidney Int. 1999;56:1029-36 pubmed..HKalpha2 mRNA in the rabbit kidney is selectively expressed in the CNT, CCD, and OMCD, and all three collecting duct subtypes express its mRNA. ..
- Bilger M, Heger S, Brann D, Paredes A, Ojeda S. A conditional tetracycline-regulated increase in Gamma amino butyric acid production near luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone nerve terminals disrupts estrous cyclicity in the rat. Endocrinology. 2001;142:2102-14 pubmed
- Oliveira A, Nascimento A, Lloyd R. Leptin and leptin receptor mRNA are widely expressed in tumors of adipocytic differentiation. Mod Pathol. 2001;14:549-55 pubmed..These results show for the first time that leptin and OB-Rb mRNA are expressed in lipomas, hibernomas, and liposarcomas. The presence of leptin and its receptor may provide new insights into the pathobiology of these tumors. ..
- Huang Y, He Q, Hillman M, Rong R, Sheikh M. Sulindac sulfide-induced apoptosis involves death receptor 5 and the caspase 8-dependent pathway in human colon and prostate cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2001;61:6918-24 pubmed..Thus, our results demonstrate that sulindac sulfide also engages the membrane DR pathway involving DR5 and proximal caspase 8 to induce apoptosis. ..
- Cook D, Leverenz J, McMillan P, Kulstad J, Ericksen S, Roth R, et al. Reduced hippocampal insulin-degrading enzyme in late-onset Alzheimer's disease is associated with the apolipoprotein E-epsilon4 allele. Am J Pathol. 2003;162:313-9 pubmed..These findings show that reduced IDE expression is associated with a significant risk factor for AD and suggest that IDE may interact with APOE status to affect Abeta metabolism. ..
- MARTINEZ CALVILLO S, Nguyen D, Stuart K, Myler P. Transcription initiation and termination on Leishmania major chromosome 3. Eukaryot Cell. 2004;3:506-17 pubmed..Transcription on both strands terminates within the tRNA-gene region. Transient-transfection studies support the role of the tRNA-gene region as a transcription terminator for RNA polymerase II (Pol II) and Pol III, and also for Pol I. ..
- Opperman L, Hook B, DeFino M, Bernstein D, Wickens M. A single spacer nucleotide determines the specificities of two mRNA regulatory proteins. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2005;12:945-51 pubmed..We suggest that new specificities can be designed and selected using the PUF scaffold. ..
- Kelley A, Baldo B, Pratt W. A proposed hypothalamic-thalamic-striatal axis for the integration of energy balance, arousal, and food reward. J Comp Neurol. 2005;493:72-85 pubmed
- Wang L, Huang Y, Sugimoto Y, Liu S, Chang H, Ye W, et al. Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) up-regulates the estrogen-regulated cancer suppressor gene, protein tyrosine phosphatase gamma (PTPgama), in human breast cells. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:27-34 pubmed..The results indicate that dietary CLA might serve as a chemo-preventive and chemo-therapeutic agent in human breast cancers by up-regulating the estrogen-regulated tumor suppressor gene, PTPgamma expression. ..
- Kalifa Y, Huang T, Rosen L, Chatterjee S, Gavis E. Glorund, a Drosophila hnRNP F/H homolog, is an ovarian repressor of nanos translation. Dev Cell. 2006;10:291-301 pubmed..These data, together with the analysis of a glorund null mutant, reveal a specific role for an hnRNP in repression of nanos translation during oogenesis. ..
- Wang Y, Pi L, Chen X, Chakrabarty P, Jiang J, De Leon A, et al. Rice XA21 binding protein 3 is a ubiquitin ligase required for full Xa21-mediated disease resistance. Plant Cell. 2006;18:3635-46 pubmed publisher..oryzae pv oryzae. Furthermore, reduced levels of Xb3 lead to decreased levels of the XA21 protein. These results indicate that Xb3 is necessary for full accumulation of the XA21 protein and for Xa21-mediated resistance...
- Margineantu D, Emerson C, Diaz D, Hockenbery D. Hsp90 inhibition decreases mitochondrial protein turnover. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e1066 pubmed..Analogous to defective protein folding in the endoplasmic reticulum, a mitochondrial unfolded protein response may play a role in the apoptotic effects of hsp90 and proteasome inhibitors. ..
- Bianco L, Wiesinger J, Earley C, Jones B, Beard J. Iron deficiency alters dopamine uptake and response to L-DOPA injection in Sprague-Dawley rats. J Neurochem. 2008;106:205-15 pubmed publisher..These experiments provide new evidence that ID results in altered synthesis and functioning of DAT and perhaps suggests some compensatory changes in NE metabolism. ..
- Wang R, Wang S, Malter J, Wang D. Effects of HNE-modification induced by Abeta on neprilysin expression and activity in SH-SY5Y cells. J Neurochem. 2009;108:1072-82 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that NEP can be inactivated by HNE-adduction, which is associated with, at least partly, reduced Abeta cleavage and enhanced Abeta accumulation. ..
- Lecureux L, Dieter M, Nelson D, Watson L, Wong H, Gemzik B, et al. Hepatobiliary disposition of thyroid hormone in Mrp2-deficient TR- rats: reduced biliary excretion of thyroxine glucuronide does not prevent xenobiotic-induced hypothyroidism. Toxicol Sci. 2009;108:482-91 pubmed publisher..Decreased biliary clearance of T4 and metabolites in TR(-) rats mitigated but did not prevent drug-induced changes in serum T4, suggesting that other factors contribute to changes in T4 homeostasis in these rats...
- Powe J, Castleman W. Canine influenza virus replicates in alveolar macrophages and induces TNF-alpha. Vet Pathol. 2009;46:1187-96 pubmed publisher..05, n = 11) at 12 hours after inoculation. In conclusion, the results indicate that CIV replicates in canine alveolar macrophages and induces TNF-alpha expression and cell death...
- Riedl A, Jacobs Lorena M. Determinants of Drosophila fushi tarazu mRNA instability. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:3047-53 pubmed..Lack of homology between this element and other previously identified destabilization sequences suggests that FIE3 contains a novel RNA destabilization element. ..
- Zaccai M, Lipshitz H. Role of Adducin-like (hu-li tai shao) mRNA and protein localization in regulating cytoskeletal structure and function during Drosophila Oogenesis and early embryogenesis. Dev Genet. 1996;19:249-57 pubmed
- Kelpe C, Moore P, Parazzoli S, Wicksteed B, Rhodes C, Poitout V. Palmitate inhibition of insulin gene expression is mediated at the transcriptional level via ceramide synthesis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30015-21 pubmed..We conclude that prolonged exposure to elevated levels of palmitate affects glucose-stimulated insulin gene expression via transcriptional mechanisms and ceramide synthesis. ..
- Massillon D, Arinze I, Xu C, Bone F. Regulation of glucose-6-phosphatase gene expression in cultured hepatocytes and H4IIE cells by short-chain fatty acids: role of hepatic nuclear factor-4alpha. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:40694-701 pubmed
- Edelman A, Kim W, Higgins D, Goldstein E, Oberdoerster M, Sigurdson W. Doublecortin kinase-2, a novel doublecortin-related protein kinase associated with terminal segments of axons and dendrites. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:8531-43 pubmed..DCK2 may represent a phosphorylation-dependent switch for the reversible control of MT dynamics in the vicinity of neuronal growth cones. ..
- Schaub C, Keller Wood M, Wood C. Blockade of estrogen receptors decreases CNS and pituitary prostaglandin synthase expression in fetal sheep. Neuroendocrinology. 2008;87:121-8 pubmed..Blockade of CNS estrogen receptors reduces preparturient plasma concentrations of POMC, but does not reduce fetal HPA axis activity in 130-134 day fetal sheep. ..
- Zhou J, Neidigh J, Espinosa R, LeBeau M, McClain D. Human glutamine: fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase: characterization of mRNA and chromosomal assignment to 2p13. Hum Genet. 1995;96:99-101 pubmed..An 8-kb species of GFA mRNA was detected in all rat tissues tested with relatively high expression in testis and smooth muscle; a unique 3-kb mRNA species was found only in testis. ..
- Habecker B, Gritman K, Willison B, Van Winkle D. Myocardial infarction stimulates galanin expression in cardiac sympathetic neurons. Neuropeptides. 2005;39:89-95 pubmed..The buildup of GAL specifically in the damaged left ventricle is consistent with previous reports that GAL is transported to regenerating nerve endings after axon damage. ..
- Srinivasan R, Mager G, Ward R, Mayer J, Svaren J. NAB2 represses transcription by interacting with the CHD4 subunit of the nucleosome remodeling and deacetylase (NuRD) complex. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:15129-37 pubmed..Finally, we show that interaction with CHD4 is regulated by alternative splicing of the NAB2 mRNA. ..
- Huang Y, Wang L, Chang H, Ye W, Dowd M, Wan P, et al. Molecular mechanisms of (-)-gossypol-induced apoptosis in human prostate cancer cells. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:1925-33 pubmed..Our data also suggested that (-)-gossypol may have chemotheraputic benefits for prostate cancer patients. ..
- Mellman D, Gonzales M, Song C, Barlow C, Wang P, Kendziorski C, et al. A PtdIns4,5P2-regulated nuclear poly(A) polymerase controls expression of select mRNAs. Nature. 2008;451:1013-7 pubmed publisher..The results reveal a mechanism for the integration of nuclear phosphoinositide signals and a method for regulating gene expression. ..
- Schwendt M, McGinty J. Amphetamine up-regulates activator of G-protein signaling 1 mRNA and protein levels in rat frontal cortex: the role of dopamine and glucocorticoid receptors. Neuroscience. 2010;168:96-107 pubmed publisher..Changes in AGS1 levels in the PFC may result in abnormal receptor-to-G-protein coupling that alters cortical sensitivity to psychostimulants. ..
- Brendza R, Serbus L, Duffy J, Saxton W. A function for kinesin I in the posterior transport of oskar mRNA and Staufen protein. Science. 2000;289:2120-2 pubmed..Thus, a complex containing oskar mRNA and Staufen may be transported along microtubules to the posterior pole by kinesin I. ..
- Hoang C, Hay M. Expression of metabotropic glutamate receptors in nodose ganglia and the nucleus of the solitary tract. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2001;281:H457-62 pubmed..The results of this study suggest that group III mGluRs are the primary mGluR subtype expressed in visceral afferent neurons and that these receptors may be involved in afferent central transmission. ..
- Wang X, Xu L, Wang H, Zhan Y, Pure E, Feuerstein G. CD44 deficiency in mice protects brain from cerebral ischemia injury. J Neurochem. 2002;83:1172-9 pubmed..Our data provide new evidence on the potential role of CD44 in brain tissue in response to ischemia and may suggest that this effect might be associated with selective reduction in inflammatory cytokines such as interleukin-1beta. ..
- Dearth L, DeWille J. Posttranscriptional and posttranslational regulation of C/EBP delta in G0 growth-arrested mammary epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:11246-55 pubmed
- Taglauer E, Trikhacheva A, Slusser J, Petroff M. Expression and function of PDCD1 at the human maternal-fetal interface. Biol Reprod. 2008;79:562-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the PDCD1:CD274 pathway functions in modification of maternal decidual lymphocyte cytokine secretion during pregnancy. ..
- ..Diverse bacteria require trans-translation when they execute large changes in their genetic programs, including responding to stress, pathogenesis, and differentiation. ..
- Peal L, Puckette M, Mahalingam R. Identification of stress-responsive genes in plants using suppression subtraction hybridization: ozone stress as an example. Methods Mol Biol. 2010;639:157-70 pubmed publisher..In this chapter we describe in detail the SSH procedure and explain the subtle changes that have been incorporated to make this technique adaptable for identifying stress-responsive genes in plants. ..
- Kasik J. A cDNA cloned from pregnant mouse uterus exhibits temporo-spatial expression and predicts a novel protein. Biochem J. 1998;330 ( Pt 2):947-50 pubmed
- Nabokina S, Subramanian V, Said H. Comparative analysis of ontogenic changes in renal and intestinal biotin transport in the rat. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2003;284:F737-42 pubmed..In addition, the ontogenic changes observed in the intestinal biotin uptake process involve the entry step of the vitamin at the BBM and appear to be mediated via a transcriptional mechanism(s). ..
- Peters N, Rohrbach J, Zalewski B, Byrkett C, Vaughn J. RNA editing and regulation of Drosophila 4f-rnp expression by sas-10 antisense readthrough mRNA transcripts. RNA. 2003;9:698-710 pubmed..The results provide insight into roles of naturally occurring antisense RNAs in regulation of eukaryotic gene expression. ..
- Lim L, Lau N, Garrett Engele P, Grimson A, Schelter J, Castle J, et al. Microarray analysis shows that some microRNAs downregulate large numbers of target mRNAs. Nature. 2005;433:769-73 pubmed..Moreover, miR-1 and miR-124, and presumably other tissue-specific miRNAs, seem to downregulate a far greater number of targets than previously appreciated, thereby helping to define tissue-specific gene expression in humans. ..
- Wang H, Nussbaum Wagler T, Li B, Zhao Q, Vigouroux Y, Faller M, et al. The origin of the naked grains of maize. Nature. 2005;436:714-9 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that modest genetic changes in single genes can induce dramatic changes in phenotype during domestication and evolution...
- Zhang X, Dowd D, Moore M, Kranenburg T, Meester Smoor M, Zwarthoff E, et al. Meningioma 1 is required for appropriate osteoblast proliferation, motility, differentiation, and function. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:18174-83 pubmed publisher..Cumulatively, these studies indicate an important role for MN1 in maintaining the appropriate maturation and function of calvarial osteoblasts. ..
- Abdullaev I, Rudkouskaya A, Mongin A, Kuo Y. Calcium-activated potassium channels BK and IK1 are functionally expressed in human gliomas but do not regulate cell proliferation. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12304 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that Ca(2+)-activated K(+) channels do not play a critical role in proliferation of glioma cells and that the effects of pharmacological inhibitors occur through their off-target actions. ..
- Brigstock D. The connective tissue growth factor/cysteine-rich 61/nephroblastoma overexpressed (CCN) family. Endocr Rev. 1999;20:189-206 pubmed
- Brumwell C, Antolik C, Carson J, Barbarese E. Intracellular trafficking of hnRNP A2 in oligodendrocytes. Exp Cell Res. 2002;279:310-20 pubmed..These data suggest that the RBDII domain of hnRNP A2 targets hnRNP A2 to the periphery of the cell in a microtubule-dependent manner. ..
- Coady T, Shababi M, Tullis G, Lorson C. Restoration of SMN function: delivery of a trans-splicing RNA re-directs SMN2 pre-mRNA splicing. Mol Ther. 2007;15:1471-8 pubmed..Together these results demonstrate that the alternatively spliced SMN2 exon 7 is a tractable target for replacement by trans-splicing. ..
- Majkova Z, Smart E, Toborek M, Hennig B. Up-regulation of endothelial monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 by coplanar PCB77 is caveolin-1-dependent. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2009;237:1-7 pubmed publisher..Intact caveolae are required for these processes both in vivo and in vitro. This further supports a key role for caveolae in vascular inflammation induced by persistent organic pollutants. ..
- Lafuse W, Brown D, Castle L, Zwilling B. Cloning and characterization of a novel cDNA that is IFN-gamma-induced in mouse peritoneal macrophages and encodes a putative GTP-binding protein. J Leukoc Biol. 1995;57:477-83 pubmed..IRG-47 encodes an intracellular protein that contains three conserved protein motifs present in GTP-binding proteins. Analysis of the protein sequence of Mg21 showed that these three conserved protein motifs are also present in Mg21. ..
- Chinkers M. Targeting of a distinctive protein-serine phosphatase to the protein kinase-like domain of the atrial natriuretic peptide receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:11075-9 pubmed..This protein is a possible candidate for the phosphatase involved in desensitizing the ANP receptor. Targeting of regulatory proteins may be an important function of protein kinase-like domains. ..
- Zhi N, Ohashi N, Tajima T, Mott J, Stich R, Grover D, et al. Transcript heterogeneity of the p44 multigene family in a human granulocytic ehrlichiosis agent transmitted by ticks. Infect Immun. 2002;70:1175-84 pubmed..The present study provides new information for understanding the role of the p44 multigene family in transmission of the HGE agent between mammals and ticks...
- DeRuisseau K, Kavazis A, Judge S, Murlasits Z, Deering M, Quindry J, et al. Moderate caloric restriction increases diaphragmatic antioxidant enzyme mRNA, but not when combined with lifelong exercise. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2006;8:539-47 pubmed..085). In summary, although CR elevated the mRNA of key antioxidant enzymes in the diaphragm, lifelong CR alone or in combination with voluntary exercise did not alter diaphragm CS activity, antioxidant protein quantity, or GSH levels. ..
- Qin S, Liu T, Kamanna V, Kashyap M. Pioglitazone stimulates apolipoprotein A-I production without affecting HDL removal in HepG2 cells: involvement of PPAR-alpha. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:2428-34 pubmed..We suggest that pioglitazone-mediated hepatic activation of PPAR-alpha may be one of the mechanisms of action of pioglitazone to raise hepatic apoA-I and HDL. ..
- Vale Cruz D, Ma Q, Syme J, LUVALLE P. Activating transcription factor-2 affects skeletal growth by modulating pRb gene expression. Mech Dev. 2008;125:843-56 pubmed publisher..ATF-2 regulates expression of pRb within the developing growth plate, contributing to the skeletal phenotype of ATF-2 mutant mice through the regulation of chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation. ..
- Plata Salaman C, Ilyin S, Gayle D, Romanovitch A, Carbone K. Persistent Borna disease virus infection of neonatal rats causes brain regional changes of mRNAs for cytokines, cytokine receptor components and neuropeptides. Brain Res Bull. 1999;49:441-51 pubmed..The conclusion of these studies is that cytokines may play a role in the neuropathophysiology of neonatally BDV-infected rats. ..
- Rogers M, Kobayashi T, Pittelkow M, Strehler E. Human calmodulin-like protein is an epithelial-specific protein regulated during keratinocyte differentiation. Exp Cell Res. 2001;267:216-24 pubmed..These studies show that CLP expression is coordinately regulated by, and may be involved in, the program of terminal differentiation in human keratinocytes and, likely, other differentiating epithelial cell types. ..
- Li S, Weroha S, Tawfik O, Li J. Prevention of solely estrogen-induced mammary tumors in female aci rats by tamoxifen: evidence for estrogen receptor mediation. J Endocrinol. 2002;175:297-305 pubmed
- Wadhwa S, Bi Y, Ortiz A, Embree M, Kilts T, Iozzo R, et al. Impaired posterior frontal sutural fusion in the biglycan/decorin double deficient mice. Bone. 2007;40:861-6 pubmed..Failure of PFS fusion and hypomineralization of the calvaria in the Bgn/Dcn double deficient mice demonstrates that these extracellular matrix proteoglycans could have a role in controlling the formation and growth of the cranial vault. ..