Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on messenger rna in Brazil
Topic: messenger rna
Publications101 found, 100 shown here
- Martinho F, Chiesa W, Leite F, Cirelli J, Gomes B. Antigenic activity of bacterial endodontic contents from primary root canal infection with periapical lesions against macrophage in the release of interleukin-1beta and tumor necrosis factor alpha. J Endod. 2010;36:1467-74 pubmed publisher..Moreover, a larger size (> or = 2 mm) of the radiolucent area was related to IL-1beta and endotoxin. ..
- Georg R, Stefani R, Gomes S. Environmental stresses inhibit splicing in the aquatic fungus Blastocladiella emersonii. BMC Microbiol. 2009;9:231 pubmed publisher..Exposure of cells to environmental stress conditions can lead to the interruption of several intracellular processes, in particular those performed by macromolecular complexes such as the spliceosome...
- Conran N, Oresco Santos C, Acosta H, Fattori A, Saad S, Costa F. Increased soluble guanylate cyclase activity in the red blood cells of sickle cell patients. Br J Haematol. 2004;124:547-54 pubmed..Augmentation of cGMP levels by NO in erythroid cells may constitute a mechanism for induction of HbF and other erythrocyte functions and represent a possible therapeutic target for treatment of sickle cell disease. ..
- Oliveira C, Alves V, Lima V, Stefano J, Debbas V, Sá S, et al. Modulation of hepatic microsomal triglyceride transfer protein (MTP) induced by S-nitroso-N-acetylcysteine in ob/ob mice. Biochem Pharmacol. 2007;74:290-7 pubmed..Further studies are in progress to examine possible mechanisms and to develop SNAC as a possible therapy for human fatty liver disease. ..
- Lassance R, Prota L, Maron Gutierrez T, Garcia C, Abreu S, Passaro C, et al. Intratracheal instillation of bone marrow-derived cell in an experimental model of silicosis. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2009;169:227-33 pubmed publisher..Conversely, BMDC avoided the expression of IL-1beta at days 30 and 60 and TGF-beta only at day 30. In conclusion, BMDC therapy improved lung mechanics and histology, but this beneficial effect was not maintained in the course of injury. ..
- Neder L, Marie S, Carlotti C, Gabbai A, Rosemberg S, Malheiros S, et al. Galectin-3 as an immunohistochemical tool to distinguish pilocytic astrocytomas from diffuse astrocytomas, and glioblastomas from anaplastic oligodendrogliomas. Brain Pathol. 2004;14:399-405 pubmed..Hence, Gal-3 is differentially expressed in central nervous system tumors, making IHC detection of Gal-3 a useful tool in distinguishing between these gliomas. ..
- Miyabara E, Aoki M, Soares A, Saltao R, Vilicev C, Passarelli M, et al. Thyroid hormone receptor-beta-selective agonist GC-24 spares skeletal muscle type I to II fiber shift. Cell Tissue Res. 2005;321:233-41 pubmed..These results show that GC-24 does not significantly alter the composition of skeletal muscle fiber type and further strengthens the putative use of GC compounds as therapeutic agents. ..
- de Oliveira R, Mamoni R, Souza J, Fernandes J, Rios F, Gidlund M, et al. Differential expression of cytokines, chemokines and chemokine receptors in patients with coronary artery disease. Int J Cardiol. 2009;136:17-26 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data suggest that PBMCs from CAD patients are able to produce higher concentrations of chemokines and cytokines involved in the regulation of monocyte and lymphocyte migration and retention in atherosclerotic lesions. ..
- Rogerio F, Teixeira S, Júnior H, Maria C, Vieira A, de Rezende A, et al. mRNA and protein expression and activities of nitric oxide synthases in the lumbar spinal cord of neonatal rats after sciatic nerve transection and melatonin administration. Neurosci Lett. 2006;407:182-7 pubmed..Changes in NO synthesis induced by axotomy and melatonin administration in the current model are discussed considering some beneficial and deleterious effects that NO may have. ..
- Costa F, da Cunha A, Fattori A, de Sousa Peres T, Costa G, Machado T, et al. Gene expression profiles of erythroid precursors characterise several mechanisms of the action of hydroxycarbamide in sickle cell anaemia. Br J Haematol. 2007;136:333-42 pubmed..The genes involved in these mechanisms may represent potential tools for the identification of new targets for SCA therapy. ..
- Antonioli E, Cardoso A, Carvalho H. Effects of long-term castration on the smooth muscle cell phenotype of the rat ventral prostate. J Androl. 2007;28:777-83 pubmed..These observations support the idea that SMCs may modulate their phenotypes (contractile vs synthetic) without changing their differentiation states. ..
- Leite D, Echevarria Lima J, Salgado L, Capella M, Calixto J, Rumjanek V. In vivo and in vitro modulation of MDR molecules in murine thymocytes. Int Immunopharmacol. 2006;6:204-15 pubmed..The functional activity of ABCC1, on the other hand, was more homogeneously distributed being found in all thymocyte subpopulations. Possible physiological roles for these transporters on thymocytes are discussed. ..
- Santana M, Garcia C, Xisto D, Nagato L, Lassance R, Prota L, et al. Prone position prevents regional alveolar hyperinflation and mechanical stress and strain in mild experimental acute lung injury. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2009;167:181-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, prone position may protect the lungs against VILI, thus reducing pulmonary stress and strain. ..
- Miranda Paiva C, Canteras N, Sukikara M, Nasello A, Mackowiak I, Felicio L. Periaqueductal gray cholecystokinin infusions block morphine-induced disruption of maternal behavior. Peptides. 2007;28:657-62 pubmed..PAG CCK2 receptor cDNA amplification revealed no difference in morphine treated animals. These results broaden understanding of the role played by CCK in the PAG. This CCK action might not depend on changes in its receptor. ..
- Martinez M, Rizzi E, Castro M, Fernandes K, Bendhack L, Gerlach R, et al. Lercanidipine decreases vascular matrix metalloproteinase-2 activity and protects against vascular dysfunction in diabetic rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;599:110-6 pubmed publisher..001). These results show that antioxidant and beneficial vascular effects produced by lercanidipine in diabetic rats are associated with reversion of the imbalance in vascular MMP-2/TIMP-2 expression. ..
- De Oliveira Demarchi A, Zambuzzi W, Paiva K, da Silva Valenzuela M, Nunes F, De Cássia Savio Figueira R, et al. Development of secondary palate requires strict regulation of ECM remodeling: sequential distribution of RECK, MMP-2, MMP-3, and MMP-9. Cell Tissue Res. 2010;340:61-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results clearly show that remodeling of the extracellular matrix is finely modulated during secondary palate development and occurs in a sequential manner. ..
- Tirapelli C, Casolari D, Yogi A, Montezano A, Tostes R, Legros E, et al. Functional characterization and expression of endothelin receptors in rat carotid artery: involvement of nitric oxide, a vasodilator prostanoid and the opening of K+ channels in ETB-induced relaxation. Br J Pharmacol. 2005;146:903-12 pubmed
- Passos D, Quaresma A, Kobarg J. The methylation of the C-terminal region of hnRNPQ (NSAP1) is important for its nuclear localization. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;346:517-25 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate by immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa cells that the methylation of hnRNPQ is important for its nuclear localization, since Adox treatment causes its re-distribution from the nucleus to the cytoplasm. ..
- Santiago H, Braga Pires M, Souza D, Roffe E, Côrtes D, Tafuri W, et al. Platelet activating factor receptor-deficient mice present delayed interferon-gamma upregulation and high susceptibility to Leishmania amazonensis infection. Microbes Infect. 2006;8:2569-77 pubmed..amazonensis by PAFR(-/-) mice. We conclude that signaling through the PAFR is essential for the ability of the murine host to control L. amazonensis infection by driving an adequate immune response. ..
- Rodrigues C, Batista L, Teixeira M, Pereira A, Santos P, de Sá Oliveira G, et al. Peripheral blood mononuclear cell supernatants from asymptomatic dogs immunized and experimentally challenged with Leishmania chagasi can stimulate canine macrophages to reduce infection in vitro. Vet Parasitol. 2007;143:197-205 pubmed..This in vitro test appears to be useful for screening animal responses to parasite inoculation as well as studying the lymphocyte effector mechanisms involved in pathogen killing by canine macrophages. ..
- Magnani T, Soriani F, Martins V, Nascimento A, Tudella V, Curti C, et al. Cloning and functional expression of the mitochondrial alternative oxidase of Aspergillus fumigatus and its induction by oxidative stress. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2007;271:230-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, positive transformants showed a cyanide-resistant and salicylhydroxamic acid-sensitive respiration, whereas in control cells the oxygen uptake was completely inhibited after KCN addition...
- Tesser Viscaíno S, Denadai Souza A, Teixeira S, Ervolino E, Cruz Rizzolo R, Costa S, et al. Putative antinociceptive action of nitric oxide in the caudal part of the spinal trigeminal nucleus during chronic carrageenan-induced arthritis in the rat temporomandibular joint. Brain Res. 2009;1302:85-96 pubmed publisher
- da Silva Santos Duarte A, Sales T, Mengel J, Costa F, Saad S. Progesterone upregulates GATA-1 on erythroid progenitors cells in liquid culture. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2002;29:213-24 pubmed..Interactions of the steroid receptors with the basal transcriptional machinery and with transcription factors might mediate their transcriptional effects. ..
- Vicentini R, Menossi M. TISs-ST: a web server to evaluate polymorphic translation initiation sites and their reflections on the secretory targets. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007;8:160 pubmed..A search option allows for the identification of signal peptides from predicted proteins using the PrediSi software. ..
- de Oliveira P, de Oliva M, Maximiano W, Sebastião K, Crippa G, Ciancaglini P, et al. Effects of a mixture of growth factors and proteins on the development of the osteogenic phenotype in human alveolar bone cell cultures. J Histochem Cytochem. 2008;56:629-38 pubmed publisher..These results showed that a mixture of GFs + proteins affects the development of the osteogenic phenotype both in human and rat cultures, leading to an increase in the number of cells, but expressed a less differentiated state. ..
- Faine L, Cavalcanti D, Rudnicki M, Ferderbar S, Macedo S, Souza H, et al. Bioactivity of nitrolinoleate: effects on adhesion molecules and CD40-CD40L system. J Nutr Biochem. 2010;21:125-32 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, LNO2 inhibited adhesion molecules expression and promoted *NO inactivation of the CD40-CD40L system, both important processes of the inflammatory response. ..
- Lavagnolli T, Fonseca S, Serafim R, Pereira V, Santos E, Abdelmassih S, et al. Presumptive germ cells derived from mouse pluripotent somatic cell hybrids. Differentiation. 2009;78:124-30 pubmed publisher..Overall our study suggests an interesting in vitro model, which allows the study GC differentiation in reprogrammed somatic cells. ..
- Donato J, Cavalcante J, Silva R, Teixeira A, Bittencourt J, Elias C. Male and female odors induce Fos expression in chemically defined neuronal population. Physiol Behav. 2010;99:67-77 pubmed publisher..In the PMV, NADPHd/CART neurons respond to male and female odors, suggesting a role in neuroendocrine regulation in response to olfactory cues. ..
- Amano M, Ferriani V, Florido M, Reis E, Delcolli M, Azzolini A, et al. Genetic analysis of complement C1s deficiency associated with systemic lupus erythematosus highlights alternative splicing of normal C1s gene. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:1693-702 pubmed..These variants are derived from the skipping of exon 3 and from the use of an alternative 3' splice site within intron 1 which increases the size of exon 2 by 87 nucleotides. ..
- Silva J, Giannocco G, Furuya D, Lima G, Moraes P, Nachef S, et al. NF-kappaB, MEF2A, MEF2D and HIF1-a involvement on insulin- and contraction-induced regulation of GLUT4 gene expression in soleus muscle. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2005;240:82-93 pubmed..Concluding, insulin- and contraction-induced regulation of GLUT4 expression involves distinct transcriptional factors. ..
- Schenberg E, Ferreira T, Figueredo L, Hipólide D, Nobrega J, Oliveira M. Fear conditioning performance and NMDA receptor subtypes: NR2A differential expression in the striatum. Brain Res Bull. 2006;69:440-6 pubmed..However, NR2A expression was significantly higher in the caudate-putamen of low-performance rats. These results suggest that NMDA receptors in the caudate-putamen may also be involved in contextual fear conditioning performance. ..
- Janjoppi L, Katayama M, Scorza F, Folgueira M, Brentani M, Pansani A, et al. Expression of vitamin D receptor mRNA in the hippocampal formation of rats submitted to a model of temporal lobe epilepsy induced by pilocarpine. Brain Res Bull. 2008;76:480-4 pubmed publisher..052+/-0.035; 0.085+/-0.055) when compared with the CTRL and SE groups (0.019+/-0.017; 0.019+/-0.025). These data suggest the VDR as a possible candidate participating in the epileptogenesis process of the pilocarpine model of epilepsy. ..
- Campos F, Liarte D, Mortara R, Romanha A, Murta S. Characterization of a gene encoding alcohol dehydrogenase in benznidazole-susceptible and -resistant populations of Trypanosoma cruzi. Acta Trop. 2009;111:56-63 pubmed publisher..cruzi population, a situation that has not been observed in the in vivo selected BZ-resistant and naturally resistant strains. ..
- Herai R, Yamagishi M. Detection of human interchromosomal trans-splicing in sequence databanks. Brief Bioinform. 2010;11:198-209 pubmed publisher..Our methodology can be applied to 5'-UTR, coding sequences and 3'-UTR in order to find new candidates for a posteriori experimental confirmation. ..
- Stefani R, Gomes S. A unique intron-containing hsp70 gene induced by heat shock and during sporulation in the aquatic fungus Blastocladiella emersonii. Gene. 1995;152:19-26 pubmed..The promoter region presented several NGAAN repeats (where N is any nucleotide) characteristic of HS elements, as well as putative binding sites for ATF, Sp1 and two metal-responsive elements...
- Basseres D, Duarte A, Hassoun H, Costa F, Saad S. beta-Spectrin S(ta) Bárbara: a novel frameshift mutation in hereditary spherocytosis associated with detectable levels of mRNA and a germ cell line mosaicism. Br J Haematol. 2001;115:347-53 pubmed..This mutation seems to be confined to the germ cell lineage of the patient's mother and must present a mosaic pattern in these cells as the patient also has unaffected siblings. ..
- Basseres D, Tavares A, Costa F, Saad S. beta-Spectrin São PauloII, a novel frameshift mutation of the beta-spectrin gene associated with hereditary spherocytosis and instability of the mutant mRNA. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2002;35:921-5 pubmed..On the other hand, beta-spectrin São PauloII protein was absent in the red cell membrane, leading to spectrin deficiency, HS and the presence of acanthocytes...
- Ribeiro F, Furlaneto C, Hatanaka E, Ribeiro W, Souza G, Cassatella M, et al. mRNA expression and release of interleukin-8 induced by serum amyloid A in neutrophils and monocytes. Mediators Inflamm. 2003;12:173-8 pubmed..In conclusion, SAA appears to be an important mediator of the inflammatory process, possibly contributing to the pool of IL-8 produced in chronic diseases, which may play a role in degenerative diseases. ..
- Mimura L, Villares S, Monteiro M, Guazzelli I, Bloise W. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma gene expression in orbital adipose/connective tissues is increased during the active stage of Graves' ophthalmopathy. Thyroid. 2003;13:845-50 pubmed..We speculate that the increased orbital fat tissue observed in GO may be a consequence of the anti-inflammatory PPAR-gamma action. ..
- Coltri P, Rosato Y. Regulation of the htpX gene of Xylella fastidiosa and its expression in E. coli. Curr Microbiol. 2004;48:391-5 pubmed..The gene was also cloned into the expression vector pET32Xa/LIC, and the expression of the corresponding protein was confirmed by Western blotting. ..
- Martins A, Resende R, Majumder P, Faria M, Casarini D, Tarnok A, et al. Neuronal differentiation of P19 embryonal carcinoma cells modulates kinin B2 receptor gene expression and function. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:19576-86 pubmed
- Cazal C, Sobral A, de Almeida F, das Graças Silva Valenzuela M, Durazzo M, Nunes F. The homeobox HOXB13 is expressed in human minor salivary gland. Oral Dis. 2006;12:424-7 pubmed..RESULTS suggest that HOXB13 transcripts are differently expressed in normal mucous and serous acini, and it may possibly reflect a different role in salivary gland carcinogenesis. ..
- Abreu N, Tardin J, Boim M, Campos R, Bergamaschi C, Schor N. Hemodynamic parameters during normal and hypertensive pregnancy in rats: evaluation of renal salt and water transporters. Hypertens Pregnancy. 2008;27:49-63 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that tubule transporter variants may mediate the hemodynamic adaptations seen during pregnancy, although we cannot rule out the hypothesis that other factors are also mediating hemodynamic changes. ..
- Justulin L, Acquaro C, Carvalho R, Silva M, Felisbino S. Combined effect of the finasteride and doxazosin on rat ventral prostate morphology and physiology. Int J Androl. 2010;33:489-99 pubmed publisher..Our results contribute to a better understanding of the clinical data and also of the molecular mechanisms behind isolated or combined Fin and Dox long-term treatment. ..
- Cardoso L, Nascimento A, Royer C, Porto C, Lazari M. Locally produced relaxin may affect testis and vas deferens function in rats. Reproduction. 2010;139:185-96 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that locally produced relaxin acts as an autocrine or paracrine agent in the testis and vas deferens to affect spermatogenesis and seminal fluid composition...
- Rosa C, Kuradomi R, Almeida D, Lannes C, Figueiredo M, Dytz A, et al. GH overexpression modifies muscle expression of anti-oxidant enzymes and increases spinal curvature of old zebrafish. Exp Gerontol. 2010;45:449-56 pubmed publisher..The results obtained here indicate that GH overexpression reduces the transcription of anti-oxidant defense system and myogenesis-related genes, which probably accelerates senescence in the zebrafish transgenic model used. ..
- Medei E, Marocolo M, Rodrigues D, Arantes P, Takiya C, Silva J, et al. Chronic treatment with anabolic steroids induces ventricular repolarization disturbances: cellular, ionic and molecular mechanism. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2010;49:165-75 pubmed publisher..Our results strongly suggest that supraphysiological doses of AAS induce morphological remodeling in both ventricles. However, the electrical remodeling was mainly observed in the left ventricle. ..
- Papes F, Surpili M, Langone F, Trigo J, Arruda P. The essential amino acid lysine acts as precursor of glutamate in the mammalian central nervous system. FEBS Lett. 2001;488:34-8 pubmed..We also show that the synthesis of glutamate from lysine, which is carried out by the saccharopine pathway, is likely to take place in neurons. ..
- Araujo R, Kettritz R, Fichtner I, Paiva A, Pesquero J, Bader M. Altered neutrophil homeostasis in kinin B1 receptor-deficient mice. Biol Chem. 2001;382:91-5 pubmed..In conclusion, our data show that the kinin B1 receptor modulates migration and the life span of neutrophils at sites of inflammation and may be therefore an important drug target in the therapy of inflammatory diseases. ..
- Chambergo F, Bonaccorsi E, Ferreira A, Ramos A, Ferreira J nior J, Abrah o Neto J, et al. Elucidation of the metabolic fate of glucose in the filamentous fungus Trichoderma reesei using expressed sequence tag (EST) analysis and cDNA microarrays. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:13983-8 pubmed publisher..This finding has significant implications for the development of metabolically engineered cellulolytic microorganisms for fuel production from cellulose biomass...
- Souza D, Lomez E, Pinho V, Pesquero J, Bader M, Pesquero J, et al. Role of bradykinin B2 and B1 receptors in the local, remote, and systemic inflammatory responses that follow intestinal ischemia and reperfusion injury. J Immunol. 2004;172:2542-8 pubmed..Blockade of B(1)Rs could be a more effective strategy than B(2) or B(1)/B(2) receptor blockade for the treatment of the inflammatory injuries that follow I/R. ..
- Ramos C, Canetti C, Souto J, Silva J, Hogaboam C, Ferreira S, et al. MIP-1alpha[CCL3] acting on the CCR1 receptor mediates neutrophil migration in immune inflammation via sequential release of TNF-alpha and LTB4. J Leukoc Biol. 2005;78:167-77 pubmed..Therefore, whether a similar pathway mediates neutrophil migration in human immune-inflammatory diseases, the development of specific CCR1 antagonists might have a therapeutic potential. ..
- Pimenta F, Gontijo Silveira L, Tavares G, Silva A, Perdigão P, Castro W, et al. HRPT2 gene alterations in ossifying fibroma of the jaws. Oral Oncol. 2006;42:735-9 pubmed..In conclusion, the present study shows for the first time mutations of HRPT2 gene in OF and suggests that OF may arise due to haploinsufficiency of the HRPT2 gene...
- Carvalho B, Bassani R, Franchini K, Bassani J. Enhanced calcium mobilization in rat ventricular myocytes during the onset of pressure overload-induced hypertrophy. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2006;291:H1803-13 pubmed..Increase in SR Ca(2+) uptake may contribute to enhancement of excitation-contraction coupling (augmented SR Ca(2+) content and release) and protection against arrhythmogenesis due to buildup of [Ca(2+)](i) during diastole. ..
- Fernandes L, Ceravolo G, Fortes Z, Tostes R, Santos R, Santos J, et al. Modulation of kinin B1 receptor expression by endogenous angiotensin II in hypertensive rats. Regul Pept. 2006;136:92-7 pubmed..These data suggest the existence of a new site of interaction between kinins and angiotensins, and might provide important contributions for a better understanding of the pathophysiology of hypertension. ..
- Bitondi M, Nascimento A, Cunha A, Guidugli K, Nunes F, Sim es Z. Characterization and expression of the Hex 110 gene encoding a glutamine-rich hexamerin in the honey bee, Apis mellifera. Arch Insect Biochem Physiol. 2006;63:57-72 pubmed publisher..In adult workers, high levels of Hex 110 mRNA, but not of the respective subunit, were related to ovary activation, and also to the consumption of a pollen-rich diet...
- Caligioni C, Oliver C, Jamur M, Franci C. Presence of oxytocin receptors in the gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH) neurones in female rats: a possible direct action of oxytocin on GnRH neurones. J Neuroendocrinol. 2007;19:439-48 pubmed..Moreover, both oxytocin neuronal activity and the oxytocin receptor expression on GnRH cells are not influenced by oestrogen. ..
- de Andrade Pinto A, Barbosa C, Ornellas D, Novaira H, de Souza Menezes J, Ortiga Carvalho T, et al. Thyroid hormones stimulate renal expression of CFTR. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2007;20:83-90 pubmed..05). Analysis of the promoter region of CFTR transfected to IRPTC showed that T(3) (10(-7) M) stimulates the CFTR promoter (38%, n=4, p<0.05). ..
- Hesling C, Oliveira C, Castilho B, Zanchin N. The Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome associated protein interacts with HsNip7 and its down-regulation affects gene expression at the transcriptional and translational levels. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:4180-95 pubmed..These results indicate that SBDS is required for accurate expression of genes important for proper brain, skeletal, and blood cell development...
- Borges B, Antunes Rodrigues J, Castro M, Bittencourt J, Elias C, Elias L. Expression of hypothalamic neuropeptides and the desensitization of pituitary-adrenal axis and hypophagia in the endotoxin tolerance. Horm Behav. 2007;52:508-19 pubmed
- Ferraz L, Bernardes E, Oliveira A, Ruas L, Fermino M, Soares S, et al. Lack of galectin-3 alters the balance of innate immune cytokines and confers resistance to Rhodococcus equi infection. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:2762-75 pubmed publisher..Therefore galectin-3 may exert a regulatory role in innate immunity by diminishing IL-1beta production and thus affecting resistance to R. equi infection. ..
- Braganhol E, Huppes D, Bernardi A, Wink M, Lenz G, Battastini A. A comparative study of ectonucleotidase and P2 receptor mRNA profiles in C6 cell line cultures and C6 ex vivo glioma model. Cell Tissue Res. 2009;335:331-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, the disruption of purinergic signalling is a feature shown not only by glioma cell lineages, but also by primary glioma cultures. Our results therefore suggest the participation of the purinergic system in glioma malignancy. ..
- Arruda S, Siqueira E, de Valência F. Vitamin A deficiency increases hepcidin expression and oxidative stress in rat. Nutrition. 2009;25:472-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that vitamin A maintains iron homeostasis by the modulation of liver hepcidin expression. The increase of lipid peroxidation in vitamin A deficiency seems to be iron dependent, whereas protein oxidation is not. ..
- da Cunha A, Brugnerotto A, Corat M, Devlin E, Gimenes A, de Melo M, et al. High levels of human gamma-globin are expressed in adult mice carrying a transgene of the Brazilian type of hereditary persistence of fetal hemoglobin ((A)gamma -195). Hemoglobin. 2009;33:439-47 pubmed publisher..These results could provide us with an opportunity to study the modifying effects of the Hb F in the phenotype of sickle cell disease and beta-thalassemia (beta-thal). ..
- Bellini M, Malpighi T, Calvo F, Miranda A, Spencer P, Cichy M, et al. Immobilized kidney 28-kDa endostatin-related (KES28kDa) fragment promotes endothelial cell survival. Am J Nephrol. 2010;31:255-61 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate the local synthesis of a 28-kDa ES-related fragment following AKI and suggest its role in endothelium survival. ..
- de A Gerhardt L, Sachetto Martins G, Contarini M, Sandroni M, de P Ferreira R, de Lima V, et al. Arabidopsis thaliana class IV chitinase is early induced during the interaction with Xanthomonas campestris. FEBS Lett. 1997;419:69-75 pubmed..These data, together with the constitutive expression of the endogenous gene in the seedpods, points to additional physiological roles for this protein. ..
- Capella L, Gefé M, Silva E, Morales M, Affonso Mitidieri O, Lopes A, et al. Reduced glutathione protect cells from ouabain toxicity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1526:293-300 pubmed..Our results suggest that some cells may have mechanisms to protect themselves from ouabain toxicity and that MRP1 may have a role in controlling the toxic effects of ouabain...
- Godoy W, Albano R, Moraes E, Pinho P, Nunes R, Saito E, et al. CYP2A6/2A7 and CYP2E1 expression in human oesophageal mucosa: regional and inter-individual variation in expression and relevance to nitrosamine metabolism. Carcinogenesis. 2002;23:611-6 pubmed..We conclude that the human oesophagus expresses CYP2A6/2A7 and CYP2E1 and can activate nitrosamines. Notably, the expression of these enzymes is preferentially localized to the most common sites where tumours arise. ..
- Aguena M, Yagil E, Spira B. Transcriptional analysis of the pst operon of Escherichia coli. Mol Genet Genomics. 2002;268:518-24 pubmed..Instead, smaller but distinct pst mRNA species were evident. Primer-extension experiments localized the 5' ends of pst mRNAs within the operon. The data suggest that the full-length mRNA is rapidly processed post-transcriptionally...
- Moraes K, Quaresma A, Maehnss K, Kobarg J. Identification and characterization of proteins that selectively interact with isoforms of the mRNA binding protein AUF1 (hnRNP D). Biol Chem. 2003;384:25-37 pubmed..These data suggest the possibility that the identified AUF1 interacting proteins might be involved in the regulation of mRNA stability mediated by AUF1. ..
- Medeiros R, Cabrini D, Ferreira J, Fernandes E, Mori M, Pesquero J, et al. Bradykinin B1 receptor expression induced by tissue damage in the rat portal vein: a critical role for mitogen-activated protein kinase and nuclear factor-kappaB signaling pathways. Circ Res. 2004;94:1375-82 pubmed..B1R could exert a pivotal role in the development of the cardiovascular response associated with vascular damage. ..
- Scheuermann G, Bilgili S, Tuzun S, Mulvaney D. Comparison of chicken genotypes: myofiber number in pectoralis muscle and myostatin ontogeny. Poult Sci. 2004;83:1404-12 pubmed..Higher muscularity of broilers, as compared with Leghorns, was not attributed to lower expression of myostatin during embryonic development...
- Novaira H, Botelho B, Goldenberg R, Guggino S, Morales M. Modulation of renal CNG-A3 sodium channel in rats subjected to low- and high-sodium diets. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2004;1665:101-10 pubmed..This result suggests that CNG-A3 is responsive to the same hormone signaling as the amiloride sensitive sodium channel ENaC and suggests the CNG-A3 may have a physiological role in sodium reabsorption. ..
- Villares J. Chronic use of marijuana decreases cannabinoid receptor binding and mRNA expression in the human brain. Neuroscience. 2007;145:323-34 pubmed..No hybridization was seen in the mesencephalon and globus pallidus. ..
- Pedrazzoli M, Louzada F, Pereira D, Benedito Silva A, Lopez A, Martynhak B, et al. Clock polymorphisms and circadian rhythms phenotypes in a sample of the Brazilian population. Chronobiol Int. 2007;24:1-8 pubmed..These controversial data could result from the possible effects of latitude and clock genes interaction on circadian phenotypes. ..
- Velazquez Pereda M, Dieamant G, Eberlin S, Nogueira C, Colombi D, Di Stasi L, et al. Effect of green Coffea arabica L. seed oil on extracellular matrix components and water-channel expression in in vitro and ex vivo human skin models. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2009;8:56-62 pubmed publisher..Clinical studies are in progress in our laboratory aiming to further investigate the protective effects of CGO in the skin. ..
- Biase F, Martelli L, Puga R, Giuliatti S, Santos Biase W, Fonseca Merighe G, et al. Messenger RNA expression of Pabpnl1 and Mbd3l2 genes in oocytes and cleavage embryos. Fertil Steril. 2010;93:2507-12 pubmed publisher..Pabpnl1 gene expression is restricted to oocytes and Mbd3l2 to embryos. Different Pabpnl1 mRNA levels in oocytes of varying viability suggest an important role in fertility involving the oocyte potential for embryo development. ..
- Bonfim C, Mamoni R, Blotta M. TLR-2, TLR-4 and dectin-1 expression in human monocytes and neutrophils stimulated by Paracoccidioides brasiliensis. Med Mycol. 2009;47:722-33 pubmed publisher..With these attributes the low virulence strain of P. brasiliensis would induce a controlled immune response beneficial to the host. ..
- Da Silva A, Juliani M. Regulation of tubulin and actin synthesis and accumulation during Blastocladiella emersonii development. Cell Differ. 1988;24:45-54 pubmed..In parallel to the increased synthesis, these cytoskeletal proteins accumulate during the late stage of sporulation...
- Costa F, Colin C, Shinjo S, Zanata S, Marie S, Sogayar M, et al. ADAM23 methylation and expression analysis in brain tumors. Neurosci Lett. 2005;380:260-4 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that ADAM23 down-regulation by methylation in brain tumors is a rare event and it may help explain why brain tumor metastases are rarely found elsewhere in the body. ..
- Avanzo J, Mesnil M, Hernandez Blazquez F, da Silva T, Fukumasu H, Mori C, et al. Altered expression of connexins in urethane-induced mouse lung adenomas. Life Sci. 2006;79:2202-8 pubmed..These results may indicate a role of Cx32 and Cx43 in urethane-induced lung carcinogenesis, since their absence may contribute to the development of urethane induced lung tumors. The role of Cx26 and Cx46 is yet to be determined...
- Farre L, Bittencourt A, Silva Santos G, Almeida A, Silva A, Decanine D, et al. Fas 670 promoter polymorphism is associated to susceptibility, clinical presentation, and survival in adult T cell leukemia. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;83:220-2 pubmed..In conclusion, our results demonstrate that a functional Fas promoter polymorphism is significantly associated to susceptibility, clinical manifestation, and survival in ATL...
- Filiputti E, Ferreira F, Souza K, Stoppiglia L, Arantes V, Boschero A, et al. Impaired insulin secretion and decreased expression of the nutritionally responsive ribosomal kinase protein S6K-1 in pancreatic islets from malnourished rats. Life Sci. 2008;82:542-8 pubmed publisher..Particularly, the decrease in S6K-1 expression might be an important factor affecting either glucose- or leucine-induced insulin secretion. ..
- Haline Vaz T, Silva T, Zanchin N. The human interferon-regulated ISG95 protein interacts with RNA polymerase II and shows methyltransferase activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;372:719-24 pubmed publisher..The results presented in this work indicate that ISG95 is part of the interferon response pathway and functions in the pre-mRNA processing events mediated by the C-terminal domain of the RNA polymerase II. ..
- de Sousa S, Paniago M, Arruda P, Yunes J. Sugar levels modulate sorbitol dehydrogenase expression in maize. Plant Mol Biol. 2008;68:203-13 pubmed publisher..Under these conditions, the NADH-dependent reduction of fructose to sorbitol would regenerate NAD[+], thus contributing to the maintenance of the redox and energy status of the cell...
- Duque Guimarães D, de Castro J, Martinez Botas J, Sardinha F, Ramos M, Herrera E, et al. Early and prolonged intake of partially hydrogenated fat alters the expression of genes in rat adipose tissue. Nutrition. 2009;25:782-9 pubmed publisher..These changes may be an effect of the smaller proportions of PUFAs in this fat, instead of being only caused by trans-fatty acids. ..
- Ribeiro F, Simao T, Amoedo N, Andreollo N, Lopes L, Acatauassu R, et al. Evidence for increased expression of tissue factor and protease-activated receptor-1 in human esophageal cancer. Oncol Rep. 2009;21:1599-604 pubmed..Altogether our data suggest a possible role for blood clotting proteins in the biology of human esophageal cancer. ..
- Zancan P, Sola Penna M, Furtado C, Da Silva D. Differential expression of phosphofructokinase-1 isoforms correlates with the glycolytic efficiency of breast cancer cells. Mol Genet Metab. 2010;100:372-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that glycolytic efficiency, which is important for the survival of cancer cells, depends primarily on the preferential expression of PFK-L over the M and P isoforms. ..