Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mesoderm in United States
Locale: United States
Publications109 found, 100 shown here
- North T, de Bruijn M, Stacy T, Talebian L, Lind E, Robin C, et al. Runx1 expression marks long-term repopulating hematopoietic stem cells in the midgestation mouse embryo. Immunity. 2002;16:661-72 pubmed..These data provide the first morphological description of embryonic HSCs and contribute new insight into their cellular origin. ..
- Nishioka K, Dennis J, Gao J, Goldberg V, Caplan A. Sustained Wnt protein expression in chondral constructs from mesenchymal stem cells. J Cell Physiol. 2005;203:6-14 pubmed..Their different spatial expression patterns suggest that Wnt4 and Wnt5a proteins are not functionally linked to type II collagen and type X collagen synthesis in in vitro chondrogenic models of hMSCs. ..
- Guo Q, Li J. Distinct functions of the major Fgf8 spliceform, Fgf8b, before and during mouse gastrulation. Development. 2007;134:2251-60 pubmed
- Briggs L, Kakarla J, Wessels A. The pathogenesis of atrial and atrioventricular septal defects with special emphasis on the role of the dorsal mesenchymal protrusion. Differentiation. 2012;84:117-30 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss in detail the formation of the DMP, its contribution to cardiac septation and describe the morphological features as well as potential etiologies of ASDs and AVSDs. ..
- Staehling Hampton K, Jackson P, Clark M, Brand A, Hoffmann F. Specificity of bone morphogenetic protein-related factors: cell fate and gene expression changes in Drosophila embryos induced by decapentaplegic but not 60A. Cell Growth Differ. 1994;5:585-93 pubmed
- Gui L, Bigler S, Subramony C. Lymphangioma of the pancreas with "ovarian-like" mesenchymal stroma: a case report with emphasis on histogenesis. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2003;127:1513-6 pubmed..Lymphangioma of the pancreas may arise from distension of these lymphatic channels. Pancreatic lymphangioma may, therefore, be a developmental anomaly rather than a true neoplasm...
- Sokol N, Ambros V. Mesodermally expressed Drosophila microRNA-1 is regulated by Twist and is required in muscles during larval growth. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2343-54 pubmed..Thus, DmiR-1 is not required for the formation or physiological function of the larval musculature, but is required for the dramatic post-mitotic growth of larval muscle. ..
- Moore R, Novak J, Kumar D, Mansour J, Mercer B, Moore J. Alpha-lipoic acid inhibits tumor necrosis factor-induced remodeling and weakening of human fetal membranes. Biol Reprod. 2009;80:781-7 pubmed publisher..We speculate that dietary supplementation with alpha-lipoic acid might prove clinically useful in prevention of preterm premature rupture of fetal membranes. ..
- Balic A, Adams D, Mina M. Prx1 and Prx2 cooperatively regulate the morphogenesis of the medial region of the mandibular process. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2599-613 pubmed publisher..These observations together show that, during mandibular morphogenesis, Prx gene products play multiple roles including the cell survival, the region-specific terminal differentiation of Meckelian chondrocytes and osteogenesis. ..
- Yuh C, Dorman E, Howard M, Davidson E. An otx cis-regulatory module: a key node in the sea urchin endomesoderm gene regulatory network. Dev Biol. 2004;269:536-51 pubmed publisher..We thus demonstrate directly the structure/function relationships of the genomic regulatory code, at this key node of the endomesoderm GRN...
- Suzuki T, Hasso S, Fallon J. Unique SMAD1/5/8 activity at the phalanx-forming region determines digit identity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:4185-90 pubmed publisher..Our data define the molecular profile of the PFR, and we propose a model for understanding formation and variation of digits during autopodial development. ..
- Nitta T, Kim J, Mohuczy D, Behrns K. Murine cirrhosis induces hepatocyte epithelial mesenchymal transition and alterations in survival signaling pathways. Hepatology. 2008;48:909-19 pubmed publisher..These findings may have clinical implications for chemoprevention of hepatocellular carcinoma in the cirrhotic liver. ..
- Radisky D. Defining a role for the homeoprotein Six1 in EMT and mammary tumorigenesis. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:2528-31 pubmed publisher..Their findings implicate Six1 as a central mediator of breast cancer development. ..
- Ogunwobi O, Puszyk W, Dong H, Liu C. Epigenetic upregulation of HGF and c-Met drives metastasis in hepatocellular carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63765 pubmed publisher..Consequently, targeting HGF and c-Met expression by CTCs may be a novel non-invasive approach with potential clinical applications in HCC management. ..
- Wang D, Kirchhamer C, Britten R, Davidson E. SpZ12-1, a negative regulator required for spatial control of the territory-specific CyIIIa gene in the sea urchin embryo. Development. 1995;121:1111-22 pubmed..CAT in skeletogenic mesenchyme and is likely to be the trans factor that mediates this repression...
- Amieux P, McKnight G. The essential role of RI alpha in the maintenance of regulated PKA activity. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002;968:75-95 pubmed..Isolation of primary embryonic fibroblasts from RI alpha knockout embryos reveals profound alterations in the actin-based cytoskeleton, which may account for the failure in mesoderm morphogenesis at gastrulation. ..
- Warner D, Greene R, Pisano M. Interaction between Smad 3 and Dishevelled in murine embryonic craniofacial mesenchymal cells. Orthod Craniofac Res. 2005;8:123-30 pubmed..Smad 3 binds all three known isoforms of Dishevelled and binds Dishevelled 1 in vivo. TGFbeta signaling modulates the interaction between Smad 3 and Dishevelled-1. ..
- Chen X, Halberg R, Burch R, Dove W. Intestinal adenomagenesis involves core molecular signatures of the epithelial-mesenchymal transition. J Mol Histol. 2008;39:283-94 pubmed publisher..These unexpected observations are interpreted as reflecting the involvement of a core of the EMT system during the tissue remodeling of early tumorigenesis. ..
- Modak C, Mouazzen W, Narvaez R, Reavis K, Chai J. CCN1 is critical for acid-induced esophageal epithelial cell transformation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;392:533-7 pubmed publisher..Given the pivotal role of low pH in gastro-esophageal reflux disease and its progression towards esophageal adenocarcinoma, our study identified CCN1 as a key molecule mediating this process. ..
- Peterson R, Jacobs D, Awgulewitsch A. Hox-3.6: isolation and characterization of a new murine homeobox gene located in the 5' region of the Hox-3 cluster. Mech Dev. 1992;37:151-66 pubmed..5. Structural analysis of the 5' region revealed the presence of a 35 bp sequence which shares homology and relative 5' position with an upstream sequence present in its two nearest downstream neighbors, Hox-3.2 and -3.1. ..
- Livi C, Davidson E. Expression and function of blimp1/krox, an alternatively transcribed regulatory gene of the sea urchin endomesoderm network. Dev Biol. 2006;293:513-25 pubmed..The MASO perturbation analysis also revealed blimp1/krox inputs into other genes of the endomesoderm regulatory network. ..
- Wirrig E, Snarr B, Chintalapudi M, O Neal J, Phelps A, Barth J, et al. Cartilage link protein 1 (Crtl1), an extracellular matrix component playing an important role in heart development. Dev Biol. 2007;310:291-303 pubmed..Combined, these findings establish an important role for Crtl1 in heart development. ..
- Barth J, Clark C, Fresco V, Knoll E, Lee B, Argraves W, et al. Jarid2 is among a set of genes differentially regulated by Nkx2.5 during outflow tract morphogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2024-33 pubmed publisher..5 overexpression. Given the role of Jarid2 as a regulator of early cardiac proliferation, these findings highlight Jarid2 as one of several potential mediators of the critical role played by Nkx2.5 during OFT morphogenesis. ..
- Onda H, Poulin M, Tassava R, Chiu I. Characterization of a newt tenascin cDNA and localization of tenascin mRNA during newt limb regeneration by in situ hybridization. Dev Biol. 1991;148:219-32 pubmed
- Kimble M, Incardona J, Raff E. A variant beta-tubulin isoform of Drosophila melanogaster (beta 3) is expressed primarily in tissues of mesodermal origin in embryos and pupae, and is utilized in populations of transient microtubules. Dev Biol. 1989;131:415-29 pubmed..In both developing muscles and wings our results indicate that beta 3-tubulin is utilized in populations of specialized but transient cytoskeletal microtubules which are involved in establishing the final form of the tissue. ..
- Yu X, He F, Zhang T, Espinoza Lewis R, Lin L, Yang J, et al. Cerberus functions as a BMP agonist to synergistically induce nodal expression during left-right axis determination in the chick embryo. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3613-23 pubmed publisher..Because cCer is expressed restrictedly in the left LPM, BMPs and cCer appear to act synergistically to activate Nodal expression in the left LPM in the chick. ..
- Saxon J, Baer D, Barton J, Hawkins T, Wu B, Trusk T, et al. BMP2 expression in the endocardial lineage is required for AV endocardial cushion maturation and remodeling. Dev Biol. 2017;430:113-128 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence that BMP2 expression in the endocardial lineage is essential for the distal outgrowth, maturation and remodeling of AV endocardial cushions into the normal membranous VS and the stratified AV valves. ..
- Sive H, Cheng P. Retinoic acid perturbs the expression of Xhox.lab genes and alters mesodermal determination in Xenopus laevis. Genes Dev. 1991;5:1321-32 pubmed..These analyses suggest that Xhox.lab genes may be responsible, in part, for mediating the RA effect. ..
- Wood A, Ashhurst D, Corbett A, Thorogood P. The transient expression of type II collagen at tissue interfaces during mammalian craniofacial development. Development. 1991;111:955-68 pubmed
- Panganiban G, Reuter R, Scott M, Hoffmann F. A Drosophila growth factor homolog, decapentaplegic, regulates homeotic gene expression within and across germ layers during midgut morphogenesis. Development. 1990;110:1041-50 pubmed..We propose that extracellular dpp protein regulates gut morphogenesis, in part, by regulating homeotic gene expression in the visceral mesoderm and endoderm of the developing midgut. ..
- Cebra Thomas J, Bromer J, Gardner R, Lam G, Sheipe H, Gilbert S. T-box gene products are required for mesenchymal induction of epithelial branching in the embryonic mouse lung. Dev Dyn. 2003;226:82-90 pubmed..If FGF10 is locally replaced in these AS ODN-treated lungs, epithelial branching is restored. These studies provide evidence that the production of branching signals by the lung mesenchyme is mediated by T-box genes. ..
- Dudley B, Runyan C, Takeuchi Y, Schaible K, Molyneaux K. BMP signaling regulates PGC numbers and motility in organ culture. Mech Dev. 2007;124:68-77 pubmed..We propose that BMP signaling regulates PGC migration by controlling gene expression within the somatic cells along the migration route and within the genital ridges. ..
- Lan Y, Wang Q, Ovitt C, Jiang R. A unique mouse strain expressing Cre recombinase for tissue-specific analysis of gene function in palate and kidney development. Genesis. 2007;45:618-24 pubmed..These data indicate that the Osr2(IresCre) knockin mice provide a unique tool for tissue-specific studies of the molecular mechanisms regulating palate and kidney development. ..
- Downs K. Florence Sabin and the mechanism of blood vessel lumenization during vasculogenesis. Microcirculation. 2003;10:5-25 pubmed..That vacuolation may play a major role in blood vessel formation during vasculogenesis is revisited from the perspective of Florence Sabin's seminal studies in the nascent mesoderm of living chick blastoderms. ..
- Kruzynska Frejtag A, Wang J, Maeda M, Rogers R, Krug E, Hoffman S, et al. Periostin is expressed within the developing teeth at the sites of epithelial-mesenchymal interaction. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:857-68 pubmed
- Weiser D, Pyati U, Kimelman D. Gravin regulates mesodermal cell behavior changes required for axis elongation during zebrafish gastrulation. Genes Dev. 2007;21:1559-71 pubmed
- Kopan R, Weintraub H. Mouse notch: expression in hair follicles correlates with cell fate determination. J Cell Biol. 1993;121:631-41 pubmed..This is a novel finding and suggests that mNotch is important for follicular differentiation and possibly cell fate selection within the follicle. ..
- Faust C, Lawson K, Schork N, Thiel B, Magnuson T. The Polycomb-group gene eed is required for normal morphogenetic movements during gastrulation in the mouse embryo. Development. 1998;125:4495-506 pubmed..The data are discussed in terms of global morphogenetic movements in the mouse gastrula and a disruption of signalling activity in the anterior primitive streak. ..
- Gillhouse M, Wagner Nyholm M, Hikasa H, Sokol S, Grinblat Y. Two Frodo/Dapper homologs are expressed in the developing brain and mesoderm of zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2004;230:403-9 pubmed..Our data suggest important roles for zebrafish frd1 and frd2 in patterning the neural plate and several mesodermal derivatives. ..
- Mitchell J, Hicklin D, Doughty P, Hicklin J, Dickert J, Tolbert S, et al. The Prx1 homeobox gene is critical for molar tooth morphogenesis. J Dent Res. 2006;85:888-93 pubmed..Analysis of these data suggests that the Prx homeoproteins are critical for mesenchymal-epithelial signaling during tooth morphogenesis. ..
- Butcher J, Norris R, Hoffman S, Mjaatvedt C, Markwald R. Periostin promotes atrioventricular mesenchyme matrix invasion and remodeling mediated by integrin signaling through Rho/PI 3-kinase. Dev Biol. 2007;302:256-66 pubmed..Taken together, these results highlight periostin as a mediator of matrix remodeling by cushion mesenchyme towards a mature valve structure. ..
- Parr B, Parks A, Raff R. Promoter structure and protein sequence of msp130, a lipid-anchored sea urchin glycoprotein. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:1408-13 pubmed..The implications of the msp130 sequence for its possible functions are discussed...
- Yoon J, Wold B. The bHLH regulator pMesogenin1 is required for maturation and segmentation of paraxial mesoderm. Genes Dev. 2000;14:3204-14 pubmed..We infer that pMesogenin1 is an essential upstream regulator of trunk paraxial mesoderm development and segmentation. ..
- Downs K, Hellman E, McHugh J, Barrickman K, Inman K. Investigation into a role for the primitive streak in development of the murine allantois. Development. 2004;131:37-55 pubmed..Together with previous results, findings presented here suggest a model of differentiation of allantoic mesoderm that invokes intrinsic and extrinsic mechanisms, all of which appear to be activated once the allantoic bud has formed...
- Han G, Lu S, Li A, He W, Corless C, Kulesz Martin M, et al. Distinct mechanisms of TGF-beta1-mediated epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and metastasis during skin carcinogenesis. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:1714-23 pubmed..TGF-beta1-mediated EMT requires functional TGF-(beta)RII, whereas TGF-beta1-mediated tumor invasion cooperates with reduced TGF-(beta)RII signaling in tumor epithelia. ..
- Duesterhoeft S, Ernst L, Siebert J, Kapur R. Five cases of caudal regression with an aberrant abdominal umbilical artery: Further support for a caudal regression-sirenomelia spectrum. Am J Med Genet A. 2007;143A:3175-84 pubmed
- McMahon A, Supatto W, Fraser S, Stathopoulos A. Dynamic analyses of Drosophila gastrulation provide insights into collective cell migration. Science. 2008;322:1546-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, decomposing complex cellular movements can provide detailed insights into collective cell migration. ..
- Chen J, Lan Y, Baek J, Gao Y, Jiang R. Wnt/beta-catenin signaling plays an essential role in activation of odontogenic mesenchyme during early tooth development. Dev Biol. 2009;334:174-85 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that activation of the mesenchymal odontogenic program during early tooth development requires concerted actions of Bmp, Fgf and Wnt signaling from the presumptive dental epithelium to the mesenchyme...
- Micalizzi D, Christensen K, Jedlicka P, Coletta R, Baron A, Harrell J, et al. The Six1 homeoprotein induces human mammary carcinoma cells to undergo epithelial-mesenchymal transition and metastasis in mice through increasing TGF-beta signaling. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:2678-90 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that Six1, acting through TGF-beta signaling and EMT, is a powerful and global promoter of cancer metastasis...
- Yori J, Johnson E, Zhou G, Jain M, Keri R. Kruppel-like factor 4 inhibits epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition through regulation of E-cadherin gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16854-63 pubmed publisher..The clear requirement for KLF4 to maintain E-cadherin expression and prevent epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in mammary epithelial cells supports a metastasis suppressive role for KLF4 in breast cancer. ..
- Stallings Mann M, Waldmann J, Zhang Y, Miller E, Gauthier M, Visscher D, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase induction of Rac1b, a key effector of lung cancer progression. Sci Transl Med. 2012;4:142ra95 pubmed publisher..Rac1b is expressed abundantly in stages 1 and 2 of human lung adenocarcinomas and, hence, is an attractive molecular target for the development of new therapies that prevent progression to later-stage lung cancers. ..
- Foster B, Gangavarapu K, Mathew G, Azabdaftari G, Morrison C, Miller A, et al. Human prostate side population cells demonstrate stem cell properties in recombination with urogenital sinus mesenchyme. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55062 pubmed publisher..Thus, the ABCG2 expressing side population demonstrates multipotency and self-renewal properties indicating stem cells are within this population. ..
- Li E, Materna S, Davidson E. New regulatory circuit controlling spatial and temporal gene expression in the sea urchin embryo oral ectoderm GRN. Dev Biol. 2013;382:268-79 pubmed publisher..These results have permitted construction of an enhanced animal ectoderm GRN model highlighting the repressive interactions providing precise temporal and spatial control of regulatory gene expression. ..
- Sive H, Hattori K, Weintraub H. Progressive determination during formation of the anteroposterior axis in Xenopus laevis. Cell. 1989;58:171-80 pubmed..As gastrulation proceeds, further induction by mesoderm may override this state, which persists only in the extreme anterior of the embryo. ..
- Staehling Hampton K, Hoffmann F, Baylies M, Rushton E, Bate M. dpp induces mesodermal gene expression in Drosophila. Nature. 1994;372:783-6 pubmed..Here we show, by expressing dpp ectopically in the ectoderm and mesoderm and by examining dpp null mutant embryos, that dpp regulates expression of mesodermal genes. ..
- Chen Y, Riese M, Killinger M, Hoffmann F. A genetic screen for modifiers of Drosophila decapentaplegic signaling identifies mutations in punt, Mothers against dpp and the BMP-7 homologue, 60A. Development. 1998;125:1759-68 pubmed..We propose that 60A activity is required to maintain optimal signaling capacity of the dpp pathway, possibly by forming biologically active heterodimers with Dpp proteins. ..
- Shi X, Shi W, Li Q, Song B, Wan M, Bai S, et al. A glucocorticoid-induced leucine-zipper protein, GILZ, inhibits adipogenesis of mesenchymal cells. EMBO Rep. 2003;4:374-80 pubmed..Our results reveal a novel GC antagonistic mechanism that has potential therapeutic applications for the inhibition of GC-induced adipocyte differentiation. ..
- Revilla i Domingo R, Davidson E. Developmental gene network analysis. Int J Dev Biol. 2003;47:695-703 pubmed
- Chan S, Hagen H, Swanson S, Stewart R, Boll K, Aho J, et al. Development of Bipotent Cardiac/Skeletal Myogenic Progenitors from MESP1+ Mesoderm. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;6:26-34 pubmed publisher..These tools open an accessible window on this developmentally and evolutionarily important population. ..
- Gindhart J, King A, Kaufman T. Characterization of the cis-regulatory region of the Drosophila homeotic gene Sex combs reduced. Genetics. 1995;139:781-95 pubmed..This analysis provides an entry point for the study of how Scr transcription is regulated at the molecular level. ..
- Pruitt S. Primitive streak mesoderm-like cell lines expressing Pax-3 and Hox gene autoinducing activities. Development. 1994;120:37-47 pubmed..Blumberg, B., Bittner, D. and De Robertis, E. M. (1992) Cell 69, 1097-1106) that signals responsible for anterior-posterior organizer activity are localized to the anterior primitive streak mesoderm of the mouse embryo. ..
- Holdener B, Faust C, Rosenthal N, Magnuson T. msd is required for mesoderm induction in mice. Development. 1994;120:1335-46 pubmed..Thus, the effects of the msd mutation are restricted to mesoderm formation and could result from the inability to respond to an inducing signal. ..
- Griffin K, Amacher S, Kimmel C, Kimelman D. Molecular identification of spadetail: regulation of zebrafish trunk and tail mesoderm formation by T-box genes. Development. 1998;125:3379-88 pubmed
- Minokawa T, Wikramanayake A, Davidson E. cis-Regulatory inputs of the wnt8 gene in the sea urchin endomesoderm network. Dev Biol. 2005;288:545-58 pubmed..In a second regulatory region, which initiates expression in micromere and macromere descendant cells early in cleavage, Tcf1 sites act to repress ectopic transcription in prospective ectoderm cells...
- Zhang H, Skop A, White J. Src and Wnt signaling regulate dynactin accumulation to the P2-EMS cell border in C. elegans embryos. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:155-61 pubmed publisher..By RNAi of a weak dnc-1(ts) allele, we showed that dynactin activity was required at least for EMS spindle rotational alignment. ..
- McCoy E, Iwanaga R, Jedlicka P, Abbey N, Chodosh L, Heichman K, et al. Six1 expands the mouse mammary epithelial stem/progenitor cell pool and induces mammary tumors that undergo epithelial-mesenchymal transition. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:2663-77 pubmed publisher..Our data thus provide genetic evidence for a potent oncogenic role for Six1 in mammary epithelial neoplasia, including promotion of EMT and stem cell-like features...
- Vajda N, Brimacombe K, LeMasters K, Ladd A. Muscleblind-like 1 is a negative regulator of TGF-beta-dependent epithelial-mesenchymal transition of atrioventricular canal endocardial cells. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:3266-72 pubmed publisher..This reveals a novel role for MBNL1 during embryonic development, and represents the first evidence that an alternative splicing regulator is a key player in endocardial cushion development. ..
- Rajasekaran S, HUYNH T, Wolle D, Espineda C, INGE L, Skay A, et al. Na,K-ATPase subunits as markers for epithelial-mesenchymal transition in cancer and fibrosis. Mol Cancer Ther. 2010;9:1515-24 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal for the first time that Na,K-ATPase is a target of TGF-beta(1)-mediated EMT and is associated with the progression of EMT in cancer and fibrosis...
- Joo H, Jones A, Yang C, Zhai L, Smith A, Zhang Z, et al. Regulation of histone H2A and H2B deubiquitination and Xenopus development by USP12 and USP46. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:7190-201 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study identifies USP12 and USP46 as histone deubiquitinases for H2A and H2B and reveals that USP12 regulates Xenopus development during gastrula stages...
- Kadam S, Ghosh S, Stathopoulos A. Synchronous and symmetric migration of Drosophila caudal visceral mesoderm cells requires dual input by two FGF ligands. Development. 2012;139:699-708 pubmed publisher..This study also has general implications, as it suggests that the activity supported by two FGF ligands in concert differs from their activities in isolation...
- Kaur H, Phillips Mason P, Burden Gulley S, Kerstetter Fogle A, Basilion J, Sloan A, et al. Cadherin-11, a marker of the mesenchymal phenotype, regulates glioblastoma cell migration and survival in vivo. Mol Cancer Res. 2012;10:293-304 pubmed publisher..Thus, our studies suggest cadherin-11 is a viable molecular target for therapeutic intervention in GBM. ..
- Fuller K, O Connell J, Gordon J, Mauti O, EGGENSCHWILER J. Rab23 regulates Nodal signaling in vertebrate left-right patterning independently of the Hedgehog pathway. Dev Biol. 2014;391:182-95 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that Rab23 is an essential component of the mechanism that transmits asymmetric patterning information from the node to the LPM. ..
- McCoon P, Angerer R, Angerer L. SpFGFR, a new member of the fibroblast growth factor receptor family, is developmentally regulated during early sea urchin development. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:20119-25 pubmed..Transcripts encoding the Ig3S variant, whose structure resembles more closely that of vertebrate receptors, are enriched in endomesoderm, suggesting that the SpFGFR variants could play distinct roles in the sea urchin embryo...
- Yamamura H, Zhang M, Markwald R, Mjaatvedt C. A heart segmental defect in the anterior-posterior axis of a transgenic mutant mouse. Dev Biol. 1997;186:58-72 pubmed..The hdf mouse mutation also provides a new model system to evaluate the molecular requirements of normal endocardial cushion formation and the segmental interactions that form the adult heart. ..
- Rusconi J, Corbin V. Evidence for a novel Notch pathway required for muscle precursor selection in Drosophila. Mech Dev. 1998;79:39-50 pubmed
- Reeves R, Edberg D, Li Y. Architectural transcription factor HMGI(Y) promotes tumor progression and mesenchymal transition of human epithelial cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:575-94 pubmed
- Meulemans D, McCauley D, Bronner Fraser M. Id expression in amphioxus and lamprey highlights the role of gene cooption during neural crest evolution. Dev Biol. 2003;264:430-42 pubmed..These observations support the idea that neural crest evolution was driven in large part by cooption of multipurpose transcriptional regulators from other tissues and cell types...
- Zayzafoon M, Gathings W, McDonald J. Modeled microgravity inhibits osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells and increases adipogenesis. Endocrinology. 2004;145:2421-32 pubmed..This work will increase understanding and aid in the prevention of bone loss, not only in MG but also potentially in age-and disuse-related osteoporosis. ..
- Hudson A, Feng W, Delostrinos C, Carmean N, Bassuk J. Spreading of embryologically distinct urothelial cells is inhibited by SPARC. J Cell Physiol. 2005;202:453-63 pubmed..These experiments provide new insights about the matricellular trafficking of SPARC and suggest that intra- and extra-cellular localization patterns influence the development, homeostasis, and differentiation of transitional epithelium. ..
- Wilkes M, Leof E. Transforming growth factor beta activation of c-Abl is independent of receptor internalization and regulated by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and PAK2 in mesenchymal cultures. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:27846-54 pubmed
- Maduro M, Broitman Maduro G, Mengarelli I, Rothman J. Maternal deployment of the embryonic SKN-1-->MED-1,2 cell specification pathway in C. elegans. Dev Biol. 2007;301:590-601 pubmed
- Gill R, Coleman N, Hunt J. Differential cellular expression of LIGHT and its receptors in early gestation human placentas. J Reprod Immunol. 2007;74:1-6 pubmed
- Ohtola J, Myers J, Akhtar Zaidi B, Zuzindlak D, Sandesara P, Yeh K, et al. beta-Catenin has sequential roles in the survival and specification of ventral dermis. Development. 2008;135:2321-9 pubmed publisher..Consistent with the different origins of dorsal and ventral dermal cells, our results demonstrate both conserved and divergent roles of beta-catenin/Wnt signaling in dermal development. ..