Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on membrane transport proteins in Switzerland
Topic: membrane transport proteins
- Bogman K, Erne Brand F, Alsenz J, Drewe J. The role of surfactants in the reversal of active transport mediated by multidrug resistance proteins. J Pharm Sci. 2003;92:1250-61 pubmed..The present analysis offers insight in the possible mechanisms of surfactant interactions with biological membranes and could help to identify specific drug formulations. ..
- Collu F, Vargiu A, Dreier J, Cascella M, Ruggerone P. Recognition of imipenem and meropenem by the RND-transporter MexB studied by computer simulations. J Am Chem Soc. 2012;134:19146-58 pubmed publisher..Our data provide for the first time a rationale at molecular level for the experimental evidence indicating meropenem as a compound strongly affected by MexB contrary to imipenem, which is apparently poorly transported by the same pump. ..
- Jaquenoud M, Pagac M, Signorell A, Benghezal M, Jelk J, Bütikofer P, et al. The Gup1 homologue of Trypanosoma brucei is a GPI glycosylphosphatidylinositol remodelase. Mol Microbiol. 2008;67:202-12 pubmed..Thus, tbGup1p is involved in the addition of myristate to sn-2 during GPI remodelling in T. brucei and can account for the fatty acid specificity of this process. tbGup1p can act on GPI proteins as well as on GPI lipids. ..
- Lupo D, Li X, Durand A, Tomizaki T, Cherif Zahar B, Matassi G, et al. The 1.3-A resolution structure of Nitrosomonas europaea Rh50 and mechanistic implications for NH3 transport by Rhesus family proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:19303-8 pubmed
- Shakya R, Sturm A. Characterization of source- and sink-specific sucrose/H+ symporters from carrot. Plant Physiol. 1998;118:1473-80 pubmed
- Wiederkehr A, Meier K, Riezman H. Identification and characterization of Saccharomyces cerevisiae mutants defective in fluid-phase endocytosis. Yeast. 2001;18:759-73 pubmed..Some of the mutants identified in this screen that sort carboxypeptidase Y correctly may affect endocytosis at an early post-internalization step before the intersection of the endocytic with the vacuolar protein-sorting pathway. ..
- Martinoia E, Maeshima M, Neuhaus H. Vacuolar transporters and their essential role in plant metabolism. J Exp Bot. 2007;58:83-102 pubmed..An overview is given of the main features of the transporters present in the tonoplast of plant cells in terms of their function, regulation, and relationships with the microheterogeneity of the vacuome. ..
- Ravanel K, de Chassey B, Cornillon S, Benghezal M, Zulianello L, Gebbie L, et al. Membrane sorting in the endocytic and phagocytic pathway of Dictyostelium discoideum. Eur J Cell Biol. 2001;80:754-64 pubmed..Our results emphasize the fact that very active membrane traffic takes place in phagocytic and macropinocytic cells. This is coupled with precise membrane sorting to maintain the specific composition of endocytic compartments. ..
- Thurneysen T, Nicoll D, Philipson K, Porzig H. Immunohistochemical detection of the sodium-calcium exchanger in rat hippocampus cultures using subtype-specific antibodies. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002;976:367-75 pubmed..The NCX2 antibody, a IgM, stained glial cell membranes as well as an intermediate fibrillar system. In spite of extensive screening, the nature of this fiber system has not yet been identified. ..
- Erne B, Sansano S, Frank M, Schaeren Wiemers N. Rafts in adult peripheral nerve myelin contain major structural myelin proteins and myelin and lymphocyte protein (MAL) and CD59 as specific markers. J Neurochem. 2002;82:550-62 pubmed
- Demirci E, Junne T, Baday S, Berneche S, Spiess M. Functional asymmetry within the Sec61p translocon. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:18856-61 pubmed publisher..Thus, the contribution of hydrophobic residues in the H segment is not simply additive and displays cooperativeness depending on their relative position. ..
- Van Slooten J, Bhuvanasvari T, Bardin S, Stanley J. Two C4-dicarboxylate transport systems in Rhizobium sp. NGR234: rhizobial dicarboxylate transport is essential for nitrogen fixation in tropical legume symbioses. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 1992;5:179-86 pubmed
- Braissant O, Henry H, Villard A, Speer O, Wallimann T, Bachmann C. Creatine synthesis and transport during rat embryogenesis: spatiotemporal expression of AGAT, GAMT and CT1. BMC Dev Biol. 2005;5:9 pubmed..This work provides new clues on how creatine can be provided to developing tissues, and suggests that Cr deficiencies might induce irreversible damages already in utero, particularly on the nervous system. ..
- Dietrich D, Hammes U, Thor K, Suter Grotemeyer M, Fluckiger R, Slusarenko A, et al. AtPTR1, a plasma membrane peptide transporter expressed during seed germination and in vascular tissue of Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2004;40:488-99 pubmed
- Li X, Lupo D, Zheng L, Winkler F. Structural and functional insights into the AmtB/Mep/Rh protein family. Transfus Clin Biol. 2006;13:65-9 pubmed..The next big challenge in the field surely is to determine the atomic structure of Rh proteins. ..
- Bezzi P, Gundersen V, Galbete J, Seifert G, Steinhäuser C, Pilati E, et al. Astrocytes contain a vesicular compartment that is competent for regulated exocytosis of glutamate. Nat Neurosci. 2004;7:613-20 pubmed..These data document the existence of a Ca(2+)-dependent quantal glutamate release activity in glia that was previously considered to be specific to synapses. ..
- Rognon B, Kozovska Z, Coste A, Pardini G, Sanglard D. Identification of promoter elements responsible for the regulation of MDR1 from Candida albicans, a major facilitator transporter involved in azole resistance. Microbiology. 2006;152:3701-22 pubmed
- Buser A, Erne B, Werner H, Nave K, Schaeren Wiemers N. The septin cytoskeleton in myelinating glia. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;40:156-66 pubmed publisher..We suggest that septins are intriguing candidates for membrane compartmentalization in myelin internodes. ..
- Tsai C, Ziegler C. Coupling electron cryomicroscopy and X-ray crystallography to understand secondary active transport. Curr Opin Struct Biol. 2010;20:448-55 pubmed publisher..In addition, 3D EM maps are better suited to investigate transporter activation because of the lipidic environment. ..
- Port F, Hausmann G, Basler K. A genome-wide RNA interference screen uncovers two p24 proteins as regulators of Wingless secretion. EMBO Rep. 2011;12:1144-52 pubmed publisher..Of these, Emp24 and Eclair are required for proper export of Wg from the endoplasmic reticulum (ER). We propose that Emp24 and Eca act as specific cargo receptors for Wg to concentrate it in forming vesicles at sites of ER export. ..
- Jung D, Hagenbuch B, Fried M, Meier P, Kullak Ublick G. Role of liver-enriched transcription factors and nuclear receptors in regulating the human, mouse, and rat NTCP gene. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2004;286:G752-61 pubmed..Bile acids may regulate NTCP/Ntcp indirectly by modulating the capacity of nuclear factors to activate gene expression. ..
- Schmidt A, Hall M, Koller A. Two FK506 resistance-conferring genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, TAT1 and TAT2, encode amino acid permeases mediating tyrosine and tryptophan uptake. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:6597-606 pubmed..TAT2 is the tryptophan high-affinity transporter. FK506 does not reduce the levels of TAT1 and TAT2 transcripts, indicating that the inhibition of amino acid transport by the drug is posttranscriptional...
- Muzzin P. The uncoupling proteins. Ann Endocrinol (Paris). 2002;63:106-10 pubmed
- Bartoloni L, Wattenhofer M, Kudoh J, Berry A, Shibuya K, Kawasaki K, et al. Cloning and characterization of a putative human glycerol 3-phosphate permease gene (SLC37A1 or G3PP) on 21q22.3: mutation analysis in two candidate phenotypes, DFNB10 and a glycerol kinase deficiency. Genomics. 2000;70:190-200 pubmed..SLC37A1 maps in the refined critical region of the autosomal recessive deafness locus, DFNB10, on 21q22.3. Mutation analyses also excluded SLC37A1 as the gene for DFNB10. ..
- Niederberger C, Gräub R, Schweingruber A, Fankhauser H, Rusu M, Poitelea M, et al. Exogenous inositol and genes responsible for inositol transport are required for mating and sporulation in Shizosaccharomyces pombe. Curr Genet. 1998;33:255-61 pubmed..Mutant IM49 is also complemented by a multicopy suppressor gene (itr1) which codes for a putative hexose transporter with unknown substrate specifity. ..
- Wang H, Antinozzi P, Hagenfeldt K, Maechler P, Wollheim C. Molecular targets of a human HNF1 alpha mutation responsible for pancreatic beta-cell dysfunction. EMBO J. 2000;19:4257-64 pubmed..These unprecedented results suggest the molecular mechanism of HNF1 alpha-P291fsinsC causing beta-cell dysfunction. ..
- Yoshida S, Mandel T, Kuhlemeier C. Stem cell activation by light guides plant organogenesis. Genes Dev. 2011;25:1439-50 pubmed publisher..In contrast to common wisdom over the last 150 years, the light environment controls the initiation of lateral organs by regulating two key hormones: auxin and cytokinin...
- Pagac M, de la Mora H, Duperrex C, Roubaty C, Vionnet C, Conzelmann A. Topology of 1-acyl-sn-glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferases SLC1 and ALE1 and related membrane-bound O-acyltransferases (MBOATs) of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:36438-47 pubmed publisher..The implications of these findings are discussed. ..
- Boss O, Samec S, Paoloni Giacobino A, Rossier C, Dulloo A, Seydoux J, et al. Uncoupling protein-3: a new member of the mitochondrial carrier family with tissue-specific expression. FEBS Lett. 1997;408:39-42 pubmed..This new member of the UCP family is a candidate protein for the modulation of the respiratory control in skeletal muscle. ..
- Schmidt A, Beck T, Koller A, Kunz J, Hall M. The TOR nutrient signalling pathway phosphorylates NPR1 and inhibits turnover of the tryptophan permease. EMBO J. 1998;17:6924-31 pubmed..Thus, the TOR nutrient signalling pathway also controls growth by inhibiting a stationary phase (G0) programme. The control of NPR1 by TOR is analogous to the control of p70 s6 kinase and 4E-BP1 by mTOR in mammalian cells. ..
- Schumann Burkard G, Jutzi P, Roditi I. Genome-wide RNAi screens in bloodstream form trypanosomes identify drug transporters. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2011;175:91-4 pubmed publisher..Genome-wide screens with this library allow an unbiased approach to gene discovery, are extremely rapid and do not exclude essential genes. ..
- Nakayama N, Smith R, Mandel T, Robinson S, Kimura S, Boudaoud A, et al. Mechanical regulation of auxin-mediated growth. Curr Biol. 2012;22:1468-76 pubmed publisher..We propose that growth-induced mechanical strain upregulates PIN1 function and auxin accumulation, thereby promoting further growth, in a robust positive feedback loop...
- Haucke V, Schatz G. Reconstitution of the protein insertion machinery of the mitochondrial inner membrane. EMBO J. 1997;16:4560-7 pubmed..The protein insertion machinery can thus operate independently of the energy-transducing Tim44p-mhsp70 complex. ..
- Frank M. MAL, a proteolipid in glycosphingolipid enriched domains: functional implications in myelin and beyond. Prog Neurobiol. 2000;60:531-44 pubmed..The role of MAL in the formation, stabilisation and maintenance of glycosphingolipid-enriched membrane microdomains and its contribution to specific membrane properties in myelin and epithelial cells are discussed. ..
- St Pierre M, Serrano M, Macias R, Dubs U, Hoechli M, Lauper U, et al. Expression of members of the multidrug resistance protein family in human term placenta. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2000;279:R1495-503 pubmed
- Jakob C, Bodmer D, Spirig U, Battig P, Marcil A, Dignard D, et al. Htm1p, a mannosidase-like protein, is involved in glycoprotein degradation in yeast. EMBO Rep. 2001;2:423-30 pubmed..We propose that this mannosidase homolog is a lectin that recognizes Man8GlcNAc2 oligosaccharides that serve as signals in the degradation pathway...
- Klein K, Kullak Ublick G, Wagner M, Trauner M, Eloranta J. Hepatocyte nuclear factor-4alpha and bile acids regulate human concentrative nucleoside transporter-1 gene expression. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;296:G936-47 pubmed publisher..Supporting the physiological relevance and species conservation of this effect, ileal Cnt1 mRNA expression was decreased upon bile acid feeding and increased upon bile duct ligation in mice. ..
- van Montfoort J, Schmid T, Adler I, Meier P, Hagenbuch B. Functional characterization of the mouse organic-anion-transporting polypeptide 2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1564:183-8 pubmed..Northern blot analysis demonstrated a predominant expression in the liver with additional signals in kidney and brain. Using fluorescence in situ hybridization, the Oatp2 gene (gene symbol Slc21a5) was mapped to chromosome 6G1-G3. ..
- Locher K, Bass R, Rees D. Structural biology. Breaching the barrier. Science. 2003;301:603-4 pubmed
- Walzel B, Speer O, Zanolla E, Eriksson O, Bernardi P, Wallimann T. Novel mitochondrial creatine transport activity. Implications for intracellular creatine compartments and bioenergetics. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:37503-11 pubmed..Our data suggest that mitochondria, shown here to possess creatine transport activity, may harbor such a creatine/phosphocreatine pool...
- Khatib K, Belin D. A novel class of secA alleles that exert a signal-sequence-dependent effect on protein export in Escherichia coli. Genetics. 2002;162:1031-43 pubmed
- Seeger M, Diederichs K, Eicher T, Brandstätter L, Schiefner A, Verrey F, et al. The AcrB efflux pump: conformational cycling and peristalsis lead to multidrug resistance. Curr Drug Targets. 2008;9:729-49 pubmed..The novel transport model merges Jardetzky's alternate access pump mechanism with the rotating site catalysis of F(1)F(0) ATPase and suggests a working hypothesis for the transport mechanism of RND transporters in general. ..
- Koehler C, Merchant S, Oppliger W, Schmid K, Jarosch E, Dolfini L, et al. Tim9p, an essential partner subunit of Tim10p for the import of mitochondrial carrier proteins. EMBO J. 1998;17:6477-86 pubmed..Tim9p is a new subunit of the TIM machinery that guides hydrophobic inner membrane proteins across the aqueous intermembrane space. ..
- Boss O, Samec S, Desplanches D, Mayet M, Seydoux J, Muzzin P, et al. Effect of endurance training on mRNA expression of uncoupling proteins 1, 2, and 3 in the rat. FASEB J. 1998;12:335-9 pubmed..The down-regulation of UCP3 and UCP2 expressions might also contribute to the rapid weight gain known to occur when exercise training ceased. ..
- Geertsma E, Dutzler R. A versatile and efficient high-throughput cloning tool for structural biology. Biochemistry. 2011;50:3272-8 pubmed publisher..It considerably speeds up the generation of expression constructs compared to traditional methods and thus facilitates a broader expression screening. ..
- Lehmann S, Funck D, Szabados L, Rentsch D. Proline metabolism and transport in plant development. Amino Acids. 2010;39:949-62 pubmed publisher..Additional information from animals, fungi and bacteria is included, showing similarities and differences to proline metabolism and transport in plants. ..
- Michel L, Bachelard A, Reimmann C. Ferripyochelin uptake genes are involved in pyochelin-mediated signalling in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Microbiology. 2007;153:1508-18 pubmed publisher..It is concluded from this that pyochelin-mediated signalling operates to a large extent via the ferripyochelin transport system...
- Koehler C, Leuenberger D, Merchant S, Renold A, Junne T, Schatz G. Human deafness dystonia syndrome is a mitochondrial disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:2141-6 pubmed..The deafness dystonia syndrome thus is a novel type of mitochondrial disease that probably is caused by a defective mitochondrial protein-import system...
- Endler A, Meyer S, Schelbert S, Schneider T, Weschke W, Peters S, et al. Identification of a vacuolar sucrose transporter in barley and Arabidopsis mesophyll cells by a tonoplast proteomic approach. Plant Physiol. 2006;141:196-207 pubmed
- Schyns G, Potot S, Geng Y, Barbosa T, Henriques A, Perkins J. Isolation and characterization of new thiamine-deregulated mutants of Bacillus subtilis. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:8127-36 pubmed..These results are consistent with the proposed "riboswitch" mechanism of thiamine gene regulation (W. C. Winkler, A. Nahvi, and R. R. Breaker, Nature 419:952-956, 2002). ..
- Cartoni R, Leger B, Hock M, Praz M, Crettenand A, Pich S, et al. Mitofusins 1/2 and ERRalpha expression are increased in human skeletal muscle after physical exercise. J Physiol. 2005;567:349-58 pubmed..Our results provide evidence that PGC-1alpha not only mediates the increased expression of oxidative phosphorylation genes but also mediates alterations in mitochondrial architecture in response to aerobic exercise in humans. ..
- Horst M, Oppliger W, Rospert S, Schönfeld H, Schatz G, Azem A. Sequential action of two hsp70 complexes during protein import into mitochondria. EMBO J. 1997;16:1842-9 pubmed..A precursor protein entering the matrix interacts first with the import complex and then with the folding complex. A chaperone can thus function as part of two different complexes within the same organelle. ..
- Fraering P, Imhof I, Meyer U, Strub J, Van Dorsselaer A, Vionnet C, et al. The GPI transamidase complex of Saccharomyces cerevisiae contains Gaa1p, Gpi8p, and Gpi16p. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:3295-306 pubmed publisher..When GPI precursor proteins or GPI lipids are depleted, the transamidase complex remains intact...
- Superti Furga A, Hästbacka J, Wilcox W, Cohn D, van der Harten H, Rossi A, et al. Achondrogenesis type IB is caused by mutations in the diastrophic dysplasia sulphate transporter gene. Nat Genet. 1996;12:100-2 pubmed
- Eloranta J, Hiller C, Jüttner M, Kullak Ublick G. The SLCO1A2 gene, encoding human organic anion-transporting polypeptide 1A2, is transactivated by the vitamin D receptor. Mol Pharmacol. 2012;82:37-46 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that pharmacological administration of vitamin D(3) may allow modulation of intestinal absorption of OATP1A2 transport substrates. ..
- Guenot B, Bayer E, Kierzkowski D, Smith R, Mandel T, Zádníková P, et al. Pin1-independent leaf initiation in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:1501-10 pubmed publisher..Thus, phyllotaxis appears to be more complex than suggested by current mechanistic models. ..
- Reiterer V, Nyfeler B, Hauri H. Role of the lectin VIP36 in post-ER quality control of human alpha1-antitrypsin. Traffic. 2010;11:1044-55 pubmed publisher..The complex formed by VIP36 and alpha1-AT in the Golgi recycled back to the ER. The combined data are most consistent with a function of VIP36 in post-ER quality control of alpha1-AT. ..
- Fribourg P, Chami M, Sorzano C, Gubellini F, Marabini R, Marco S, et al. 3D cryo-electron reconstruction of BmrA, a bacterial multidrug ABC transporter in an inward-facing conformation and in a lipidic environment. J Mol Biol. 2014;426:2059-69 pubmed publisher..Overall, the data are consistent with a mechanism of drug transport involving large conformational changes of BmrA and show that a bacterial ABC exporter can adopt at least two open inward conformations in lipid membrane...
- Ontsouka C, Burgener I, Mani O, Albrecht C. Polyunsaturated fatty acid-enriched diets used for the treatment of canine chronic enteropathies decrease the abundance of selected genes of cholesterol homeostasis. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2010;38:32-7 pubmed publisher..05) by PUFA-enriched diets in IBD dogs only. Our results suggest that feeding PUFA-enriched diets may alter cholesterol homeostasis in duodenal mucosal cells of dogs suffering from IBD...
- Schauder S, Nunn R, Lanz R, Erni B, Schirmer T. Crystal structure of the IIB subunit of a fructose permease (IIBLev) from Bacillus subtilis. J Mol Biol. 1998;276:591-602 pubmed..Smooth phosphoryl transfer from one N-cap position to the other appears feasible with a minimized transition state energy due to simultaneous interactions with the donor and the acceptor helix. ..
- Sennhauser G, Bukowska M, Briand C, Grutter M. Crystal structure of the multidrug exporter MexB from Pseudomonas aeruginosa. J Mol Biol. 2009;389:134-45 pubmed publisher..As the only missing piece of the puzzle in the MexAB-OprM system, the X-ray structure of MexB completes the molecular picture of the major pump mediating intrinsic and acquired multidrug resistance in P. aeruginosa. ..
- Maier S, Lutz R, Gelman L, Sarasa Renedo A, Schenk S, Grashoff C, et al. Tenascin-C induction by cyclic strain requires integrin-linked kinase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1783:1150-62 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that ILK is selectively required for the induction of specific genes by mechanical stimulation via RhoA-mediated pathways. ..
- Schaer C, Vallelian F, Imhof A, Schoedon G, Schaer D. Heme carrier protein (HCP-1) spatially interacts with the CD163 hemoglobin uptake pathway and is a target of inflammatory macrophage activation. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;83:325-33 pubmed..Given the spatial relationship, we propose that the Hb scavenger receptor CD163 and HCP-1 constitute a linked pathway for Hb catabolism and heme-iron recycling in human macrophages. ..
- Knopfel M, Davies J, Duong P, Kvaernø L, Carreira E, Phillips M, et al. Multiple plasma membrane receptors but not NPC1L1 mediate high-affinity, ezetimibe-sensitive cholesterol uptake into the intestinal brush border membrane. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1771:1140-7 pubmed..These findings indicate that the prevailing belief that NPC1L1 facilitates intestinal cholesterol uptake into the BBM and its interaction with ezetimibe is responsible for the inhibition of this process can no longer be sustained. ..
- Leuenberger D, Bally N, Schatz G, Koehler C. Different import pathways through the mitochondrial intermembrane space for inner membrane proteins. EMBO J. 1999;18:4816-22 pubmed..Yeast mitochondria thus use multiple pathways for escorting hydrophobic inner membrane proteins across the aqueous intermembrane space. ..
- Uttenweiler A, Schwarz H, Neumann H, Mayer A. The vacuolar transporter chaperone (VTC) complex is required for microautophagy. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:166-75 pubmed..Our data suggest that the VTC complex is an important constituent of autophagic tubes and that it is required for scission of microautophagic vesicles from these tubes. ..
- Junne T, Schwede T, Goder V, Spiess M. The plug domain of yeast Sec61p is important for efficient protein translocation, but is not essential for cell viability. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:4063-8 pubmed..The results suggest that the plug is unlikely to be important for sealing the translocation pore in yeast but that it plays a role in stabilizing Sec61p during translocon formation. ..
- Koehler C, Murphy M, Bally N, Leuenberger D, Oppliger W, Dolfini L, et al. Tim18p, a new subunit of the TIM22 complex that mediates insertion of imported proteins into the yeast mitochondrial inner membrane. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:1187-93 pubmed..We suggest that Tim18p functions in the assembly and stabilization of the TIM22 complex but does not directly participate in protein insertion into the inner membrane. ..
- Nufer O, Mitrovic S, Hauri H. Profile-based data base scanning for animal L-type lectins and characterization of VIPL, a novel VIP36-like endoplasmic reticulum protein. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:15886-96 pubmed..Overexpression of VIPL redistributed ERGIC-53 to the ER without affecting the cycling of the KDEL-receptor and the overall morphology of the early secretory pathway. The results suggest that VIPL may function as a regulator of ERGIC-53. ..
- Coste A, Ramsdale M, Ischer F, Sanglard D. Divergent functions of three Candida albicans zinc-cluster transcription factors (CTA4, ASG1 and CTF1) complementing pleiotropic drug resistance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Microbiology. 2008;154:1491-501 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, C. albicans possesses functional homologues of the S. cerevisiae Pdr1p and Pdr3p transcription factors; however, their properties in C. albicans have been rewired to other functions. ..
- Bosson R, Jaquenoud M, Conzelmann A. GUP1 of Saccharomyces cerevisiae encodes an O-acyltransferase involved in remodeling of the GPI anchor. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:2636-45 pubmed..GUP1 is highly conserved among fungi and protozoa and the gup1Delta phenotype is partially corrected by GUP1 homologues of Aspergillus fumigatus and Trypanosoma cruzi. ..
- Koster W. Cytoplasmic membrane iron permease systems in the bacterial cell envelope. Front Biosci. 2005;10:462-77 pubmed..Their components mediate the transfer of iron, siderophores, heme and vitamin B12 into the cytosol of prokaryotes...
- Kierzkowski D, Lenhard M, Smith R, Kuhlemeier C. Interaction between meristem tissue layers controls phyllotaxis. Dev Cell. 2013;26:616-28 pubmed publisher..On theoretical grounds, we suggest that canalization of auxin flux between an auxin source and an auxin sink may involve facilitated diffusion rather than polar transport. ..
- Nyfeler B, Nufer O, Matsui T, Mori K, Hauri H. The cargo receptor ERGIC-53 is a target of the unfolded protein response. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;304:599-604 pubmed..Thapsigargin-induced upregulation of ERGIC-53 could be fully accounted for by the ATF6 pathway of UPR. The results suggest that in mammalian cells the UPR also affects traffic from and beyond the ER. ..