Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on male in United States
Locale: United States
Publications1484 found, 100 shown here
- Harris K, Creswell L, Haas T, Thomas T, Tung M, Isaacson E, et al. Death and Cardiac Arrest in U.S. Triathlon Participants, 1985 to 2016: A Case Series. Ann Intern Med. 2017;167:529-535 pubmed publisher..Reports of race-related triathlon fatalities have raised questions regarding athlete safety...
- Haque R, UlcickasYood M, Xu X, Cassidy Bushrow A, Tsai H, Keating N, et al. Cardiovascular disease risk and androgen deprivation therapy in patients with localised prostate cancer: a prospective cohort study. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:1233-1240 pubmed publisher..As androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) is increasingly being used in men with localised prostate cancer, our goal was to examine the association between ADT and the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD)...
- Tong M, Tai H. Induction of NAD(+)-linked 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase expression by androgens in human prostate cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;276:77-81 pubmed..These results suggest that androgens induce 15-PGDH gene expression through an unconventional nongenomic pathway. ..
- Plana J, Galderisi M, Barac A, Ewer M, Ky B, Scherrer Crosbie M, et al. Expert consensus for multimodality imaging evaluation of adult patients during and after cancer therapy: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography and the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2014;27:911-39 pubmed publisher
- Bagdade J, Barter P, Quiroga C, Alaupovic P. Effects of Torcetrapib and Statin Treatment on ApoC-III and Apoprotein-Defined Lipoprotein Subclasses (from the ILLUMINATE Trial). Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1753-1756 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these findings provide further evidence that the untoward effects of torcetrapib were attributable to off-target effects and not related to disturbances in lipoprotein transport. ..
- Winer I, Patel D, Dalton V, Johnston C, Quint E, Zochowski M, et al. Involvement and comfort of gynecologic oncologists in the treatment of pediatric, adolescent, and young adult patients with gynecologic malignancies. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2017;138:177-182 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the incorporation of formal pediatric patient-focused training into gynecologic oncology fellowship programs should be considered. ..
- Ocean A, Starodub A, Bardia A, Vahdat L, Isakoff S, Guarino M, et al. Sacituzumab govitecan (IMMU-132), an anti-Trop-2-SN-38 antibody-drug conjugate for the treatment of diverse epithelial cancers: Safety and pharmacokinetics. Cancer. 2017;123:3843-3854 pubmed publisher..With objective responses and a good therapeutic index at 10?mg/kg, this dose was chosen for future development. Cancer 2017;123:3843-3854. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Vujanovic A, Bakhshaie J, Martin C, Reddy M, Anestis M. Posttraumatic Stress and Distress Tolerance: Associations With Suicidality in Acute-Care Psychiatric Inpatients. J Nerv Ment Dis. 2017;205:531-541 pubmed publisher..Effects were documented after controlling for theoretically relevant covariates. ..
- Singal A, Venkata K, Jampana S, Islam F, Anderson K. Hepatitis C Treatment in Patients With Porphyria Cutanea Tarda. Am J Med Sci. 2017;353:523-528 pubmed publisher..Hydroxychloroquine may be useful to prevent such relapses. In this limited experience, DAA were not associated with PCT relapse. Studies are needed to examine DAA as a primary PCT treatment in HCV-infected patients. ..
- Meyerholz D, Ofori Amanfo G, Leidinger M, Goeken J, Khanna R, Sieren J, et al. Immunohistochemical Markers for Prospective Studies in Neurofibromatosis-1 Porcine Models. J Histochem Cytochem. 2017;65:607-618 pubmed publisher..Validation of these markers on fixed tissues will facilitate prospective immunohistochemical studies of NF1 pigs, as well as other pig models, in a more efficient, reproducible, and translationally relevant manner. ..
- Chen C, Liu K, Hsu C, Chang H, Chung H, Liu J, et al. Healthy lifestyle and normal waist circumference are associated with a lower 5-year risk of type 2 diabetes in middle-aged and elderly individuals: Results from the healthy aging longitudinal study in Taiwan (HALST). Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6025 pubmed publisher..Psychosocial health constituted an important lifestyle factor in the elderly. The cutoffs identified could be used as a lifestyle-based risk index for DM. Maintaining an HLF to prevent DM is especially important for the elderly. ..
- Daniel E, Pistilli M, Kothari S, Khachatryan N, Kaçmaz R, Gangaputra S, et al. Risk of Ocular Hypertension in Adults with Noninfectious Uveitis. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:1196-1208 pubmed publisher..Modifiable risk factors, such as use of corticosteroids, suggest opportunities to reduce OHT risk within the constraints of the overriding need to control the primary ocular inflammatory disease. ..
- Ameen Z, Chounthirath T, Smith G, Jatana K. Pediatric Cotton-Tip Applicator-Related Ear Injury Treated in United States Emergency Departments, 1990-2010. J Pediatr. 2017;186:124-130 pubmed publisher..Despite warnings against the use of CTAs in the ear canal and use of CTAs by children, these injuries continued to occur. Additional injury prevention strategies through further parent/caregiver and child education are warranted. ..
- Lilley E, Morris M, Sadovnikoff N, Luxford J, Changoor N, Bystricky A, et al. "Taking over somebody's life": Experiences of surrogate decision-makers in the surgical intensive care unit. Surgery. 2017;162:453-460 pubmed publisher..Future work is needed to identify and manage the informational needs of surrogate decision-makers. ..
- Cerullo M, Gani F, Chen S, Canner J, Yang W, Frank S, et al. Physiologic correlates of intraoperative blood transfusion among patients undergoing major gastrointestinal operations. Surgery. 2017;162:211-222 pubmed publisher..2% of patients never had a physiologic indicator for transfusion or a nadir hemoglobin below 10 g/dL, suggesting a subset of patients could benefit from a decrease in intraoperative rate of transfusion. ..
- Kelley K, Ruhl R, Rana S, Dewey E, Espinosa C, Thomas C, et al. Understanding and Resetting Radiation Sensitivity in Rectal Cancer. Ann Surg. 2017;266:610-616 pubmed publisher..The aim of the study was to explore specific microRNAs (miRs) in rectal cancer that would predict response to radiation and identify target pathways that may be exploited for neoadjuvant therapies...
- Kim Campbell N, Gretchen C, Callaway C, Felmet K, Kochanek P, Maul T, et al. Cell-Free Plasma Hemoglobin and Male Gender Are Risk Factors for Acute Kidney Injury in Low Risk Children Undergoing Cardiopulmonary Bypass. Crit Care Med. 2017;45:e1123-e1130 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to determine whether specific subgroups of pediatric patients undergoing cardiopulmonary bypass would benefit from potential treatments for hemolysis and plasma hemoglobin-associated renal dysfunction. ..
- Fann N, Kim S, Olives C, Sheppard L. Estimated Changes in Life Expectancy and Adult Mortality Resulting from Declining PM2.5 Exposures in the Contiguous United States: 1980-2010. Environ Health Perspect. 2017;125:097003 pubmed publisher..Estimating the corresponding change in population exposure and PM2.5-attributable risk of death prior to the year 2000 is made difficult by the lack of PM2.5 monitoring data...
- Vardas P, Stefanescu Schmidt A, Lou X, Goldstone A, Pattakos G, Fiedler A, et al. Current Status of Endovascular Training for Cardiothoracic Surgery Residents in the United States. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:1748-1754 pubmed publisher..This study assessed the perceived prevalence and efficacy of endovascular skills training and identified differences among training paradigms...
- Rucker J, McDowd J, Mahnken J, Burns J, Sabus C, Britton Carpenter A, et al. Multitasking in older adults with type 2 diabetes: A cross-sectional analysis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186583 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to compare multitasking performance in cognitively intact older adults with and without DM and explore its relationship to measures of gait and functional ability...
- Davis G, Balart L, Schiff E, Lindsay K, Bodenheimer H, Perrillo R, et al. Treatment of chronic hepatitis C with recombinant interferon alfa. A multicenter randomized, controlled trial. N Engl J Med. 1989;321:1501-6 pubmed..We conclude that a 24-week course of interferon therapy is effective in controlling disease activity in many patients with hepatitis C, although relapse after the cessation of treatment is common. ..
- Karakousis C, Driscoll D. Groin dissection in malignant melanoma. Br J Surg. 1994;81:1771-4 pubmed..The 10-year survival rate for these two groups was 39 and 25 per cent respectively, which suggests that a thorough, complete dissection of the deep nodes is worth-while when the inguinal nodes are palpably positive. ..
- Everett S, Vishwanath S, Cavero V, Shen L, Suresh L, Malyavantham K, et al. Analysis of novel Sjogren's syndrome autoantibodies in patients with dry eyes. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:20 pubmed publisher..This will lead to improved management of the patients and the development of new strategies to maintain normal lacrimal and salivary gland function in patients with SS. ..
- Joshi S, Rajasekaran K, Sun H, Williamson J, Kapur J. Enhanced AMPA receptor-mediated neurotransmission on CA1 pyramidal neurons during status epilepticus. Neurobiol Dis. 2017;103:45-53 pubmed publisher..NMDAR blockade also prevented the dephosphorylation of the S845 residue but not that of S831. Targeting NMDARs and AMPARs may provide novel strategies to treat benzodiazepine-refractory SE. ..
- Graham J, Sanchez R, Saseen J, Mallya U, Panaccio M, Evans M. Clinical and economic consequences of statin intolerance in the United States: Results from an integrated health system. J Clin Lipidol. 2017;11:70-79.e1 pubmed publisher..Alternative management strategies are needed to better treat high CV risk patients. ..
- Kojima N, Park H, Konda K, Joseph Davey D, Bristow C, Brown B, et al. The PICASSO Cohort: baseline characteristics of a cohort of men who have sex with men and male-to-female transgender women at high risk for syphilis infection in Lima, Peru. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:255 pubmed publisher..Recently acquired syphilis infection was associated with socio-demographic characteristics, sexual risk, and sexually transmitted co-infections. ..
- Das J, Salam R, Thornburg K, Prentice A, Campisi S, Lassi Z, et al. Nutrition in adolescents: physiology, metabolism, and nutritional needs. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2017;1393:21-33 pubmed publisher..We conclude with thoughts on the implications for nutrition interventions and priority areas that would require further investigation. ..
- Alonso F, Dekker S, Wright J, Wright C, Alonso A, Carmody M, et al. The Retrolabyrinthine Presigmoid Approach to the Anterior Cerebellopontine Region: Expanding the Limits of Trautmann Triangle. World Neurosurg. 2017;104:180-185 pubmed publisher..Preoperative evaluation of the laterality of the SS to the PSC may assist a surgeon in determining the need for skeletonizing the SS and avoiding possible vascular injuries. ..
- Hall D, Farman D, Domínguez J, Pajares J. Female Sex Pheromone of the Cone Moth, Dioryctria mendacella: Investigation of Synergism between Type I and Type II Pheromone Components. J Chem Ecol. 2017;43:433-442 pubmed publisher..Pheromone traps will provide a means to improve monitoring of seasonal flight patterns and changes in population abundance of this pest. ..
- Woodall M, Alleyne C. Carotid-Falciform Optic Neuropathy: Microsurgical Treatment. World Neurosurg. 2017;104:372-375 pubmed publisher..This disease process can be treated safely using standard microsurgical techniques with excellent outcomes. ..
- Connelly C, Yonge J, McCully S, Hart K, Hilliard T, Lape D, et al. Assessment of three point-of-care platelet function assays in adult trauma patients. J Surg Res. 2017;212:260-269 pubmed publisher..Initial TEG-PM AA percent inhibition may be associated with risk for ICH progression. However, additional large, prospective studies are needed. ..
- Yanik E, Smith J, Shiels M, Clarke C, Lynch C, Kahn A, et al. Cancer Risk After Pediatric Solid Organ Transplantation. Pediatrics. 2017;139: pubmed publisher..NHL risk was high in recipients susceptible to primary EBV infection after transplant and in intestine transplant recipients, perhaps due to EBV transmission in the donor organ. ..
- Law T, Rosas S, Hubbard Z, Chieng L, Chim H. Trends in open and endoscopic carpal tunnel release utilization in the Medicare patient population. J Surg Res. 2017;214:9-13 pubmed publisher..ECTR is growing faster than OCTR in the Medicare population. Contrary to previous literature, our study shows that ECTR had lower charges and reimbursed at a higher rate than OCTR. ..
- Carroll J, Vemulapalli S, Dai D, Matsouaka R, Blackstone E, Edwards F, et al. Procedural Experience for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement and Relation to Outcomes: The STS/ACC TVT Registry. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:29-41 pubmed publisher..STS/ACC Transcatheter Valve Therapy Registry [TVT Registry]; NCT01737528). ..
- Marchevsky A, LeStang N, Hiroshima K, Pelosi G, Attanoos R, Churg A, et al. The differential diagnosis between pleural sarcomatoid mesothelioma and spindle cell/pleomorphic (sarcomatoid) carcinomas of the lung: evidence-based guidelines from the International Mesothelioma Panel and the MESOPATH National Reference Center. Hum Pathol. 2017;67:160-168 pubmed publisher
- Katzan I, Fan Y, Griffith S, Crane P, Thompson N, Cella D. Scale Linking to Enable Patient-Reported Outcome Performance Measures Assessed with Different Patient-Reported Outcome Measures. Value Health. 2017;20:1143-1149 pubmed publisher..There was a high level of agreement in the PRO-PM for depression when incorporating different PROMs. These findings support the ability to use linkage of scale scores to assess performance of PRO-PMs with different PROMs. ..
- Bonilha L, Hillis A, Hickok G, den Ouden D, Rorden C, Fridriksson J. Temporal lobe networks supporting the comprehension of spoken words. Brain. 2017;140:2370-2380 pubmed publisher..10.1093/brain/awx169_video1awx169media15555638084001...
- Washburn R, Smith K, Jette A, Janney C. The Physical Activity Scale for the Elderly (PASE): development and evaluation. J Clin Epidemiol. 1993;46:153-62 pubmed..34); and overall Sickness Impact Profile score (r = -0.42). The PASE is a brief, easily scored, reliable and valid instrument for the assessment of physical activity in epidemiologic studies of older people. ..
- Rose L, Rose J, Gosling S, Holmes M. Efficacy of a Probiotic-Prebiotic Supplement on Incidence of Diarrhea in a Dog Shelter: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial. J Vet Intern Med. 2017;31:377-382 pubmed publisher..Animal shelters can use synbiotic supplements to improve animal welfare and decrease costs involved in cleaning and housing animals as well as potentially decreasing veterinary intervention. ..
- Orlowski M, Lee M, Spears W, Narayan R, Pobocik R, Kennel J, et al. Patterns in Vegetable Consumption: Implications for Tailored School Meal Interventions. J Sch Health. 2017;87:346-352 pubmed publisher..Fruit and vegetable consumption should be approached as 2 distinct behaviors with particular attention given to vegetables. Fruit items can be leveraged, though, as a means to encourage vegetable selection. ..
- Peterson J, Kochilas L, Catton K, Moller J, Setty S. Long-Term Outcomes of Children With Trisomy 13 and 18 After Congenital Heart Disease Interventions. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;103:1941-1949 pubmed publisher..These findings can be used to counsel families and make program-level decisions on offering intervention to carefully selected patients. ..
- Saad A, Dietz A, Herrmann S, Hickson L, Glockner J, McKusick M, et al. Autologous Mesenchymal Stem Cells Increase Cortical Perfusion in Renovascular Disease. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2777-2785 pubmed publisher..MSC infusion without main renal artery revascularization associated with increased renal tissue oxygenation and cortical blood flow. ..
- Smith H, Gangopadhyay M, Goben C, Jacobowski N, Chestnut M, Thompson J, et al. Delirium and Benzodiazepines Associated With Prolonged ICU Stay in Critically Ill Infants and Young Children. Crit Care Med. 2017;45:1427-1435 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to determine associations between pediatric delirium and modifiable risk factors such as benzodiazepine exposure and short-term outcomes...
- Alyamani M, Li Z, Berk M, Li J, Tang J, Upadhyay S, et al. Steroidogenic Metabolism of Galeterone Reveals a Diversity of Biochemical Activities. Cell Chem Biol. 2017;24:825-832.e6 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings define a critical metabolic class effect of steroidal drugs with a ?5,3?-hydroxyl structure. ..
- Sethna C, Meyers K, Mariani L, Psoter K, Gadegbeku C, Gibson K, et al. Blood Pressure and Visit-to-Visit Blood Pressure Variability Among Individuals With Primary Proteinuric Glomerulopathies. Hypertension. 2017;70:315-323 pubmed publisher..Differences in hypertensive status prevalence, BPV, and treatment were found by age and histological diagnosis. In addition, hypertensive status and greater BPV were associated with poorer clinical outcomes. ..
- Uchida A, Srivastava S, Ehlers J. Analysis of Retinal Architectural Changes Using Intraoperative OCT Following Surgical Manipulations With Membrane Flex Loop in the DISCOVER Study. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:3440-3444 pubmed publisher..Acute retinal alterations after ILM peeling with the membrane flex loop were visualized at a frequency of less than 10%. Additional research is needed to understand the clinical impact, if any, of these architectural alterations. ..
- Barrett K, Daubenspeck J, Wilson R. Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide drives cardiorespiratory responses to heat stress in neonatal mice. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2017;313:R385-R394 pubmed publisher..Abnormal PACAP regulation could, therefore, contribute to neonatal disorders in which the autonomic response to stress is impaired, such as SIDS. ..
- Bullock A, Sheff K, Moore K, Manson S. Obesity and Overweight in American Indian and Alaska Native Children, 2006-2015. Am J Public Health. 2017;107:1502-1507 pubmed publisher..Results for 2006 through 2014 were similar. The prevalence of overweight and obesity among AI/AN children in this population may have stabilized, while remaining higher than prevalence for US children overall. ..
- Tumin D, Horan J, Shrider E, Smith S, Tobias J, Hayes D, et al. County socioeconomic characteristics and heart transplant outcomes in the United States. Am Heart J. 2017;190:104-112 pubmed publisher..107, respectively) and did not explain residual differences in patient survival across counties. Heart transplantation outcomes vary by county, but this difference is not attributable to county-level socioeconomic disadvantage. ..
- Katzka D, Smyrk T, Alexander J, Geno D, Beitia R, Chang A, et al. Accuracy and Safety of the Cytosponge for Assessing Histologic Activity in Eosinophilic Esophagitis: A Two-Center Study. Am J Gastroenterol. 2017;112:1538-1544 pubmed publisher..27 vs. 6.11, P=0.002). Compared to endoscopy with biopsy, cytosponge provided a minimally invasive, safe, well tolerated, and accurate method to assess EoE histologic activity. (ClinicalTrial.gov number NCT01585103). ..
- Dasarathy J, Varghese R, Feldman A, Khiyami A, McCullough A, Dasarathy S. Patients with Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Have a Low Response Rate to Vitamin D Supplementation. J Nutr. 2017;147:1938-1946 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to determine if higher doses are effective. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as 13-00153. ..
- Rosenberg M, Ranapurwala S, Townes A, Bengtson A. Do black lives matter in public health research and training?. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185957 pubmed publisher..To examine whether investments made in public health research align with the health burdens experienced by white and black Americans...
- Johnson S, Olt J, Cho S, von Gersdorff H, Marcotti W. The Coupling between Ca2+ Channels and the Exocytotic Ca2+ Sensor at Hair Cell Ribbon Synapses Varies Tonotopically along the Mature Cochlea. J Neurosci. 2017;37:2471-2484 pubmed publisher..We show that the coupling strength between calcium channels and the exocytosis calcium sensor at inner hair cell synapses changes along the mammalian cochlea such that the timing and/or intensity of sound is encoded with high precision. ..
- Claborn K, Becker S, Ramsey S, Rich J, Friedmann P. Mobile technology intervention to improve care coordination between HIV and substance use treatment providers: development, training, and evaluation protocol. Addict Sci Clin Pract. 2017;12:8 pubmed publisher..nct02906215. ..
- Holt J, Glass N, Bedard N, Weinstein S, Shah A. Emerging U.S. National Trends in the Treatment of Pediatric Supracondylar Humeral Fractures. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2017;99:681-687 pubmed publisher..The optimization of nationwide referral and treatment patterns may improve value in care delivery. ..
- Wan J, Wu C, Zhang Y, Houston R, Chen C, Chanawangsa P. Drinking and driving behavior at stop signs and red lights. Accid Anal Prev. 2017;104:10-17 pubmed publisher..Visual degradation may also occur under alcohol intake. It was also suggested that alcohol impaired non-binge drinkers more severely. To be specific, higher acceleration was observed in impaired non-binge drinkers. ..
- Echouffo Tcheugui J, Bishu K, Fonarow G, Egede L. Trends in health care expenditure among US adults with heart failure: The Medical Expenditure Panel Survey 2002-2011. Am Heart J. 2017;186:63-72 pubmed publisher..8 billion/y. Heart failure is costly and over a recent 10-year period, and direct expenditure related to HF increased markedly, mainly driven by inpatient costs. ..
- Williams S, Hsu F, Keene K, Chen W, Dzhivhuho G, Rowles J, et al. Genetic Drivers of von Willebrand Factor Levels in an Ischemic Stroke Population and Association With Risk for Recurrent Stroke. Stroke. 2017;48:1444-1450 pubmed publisher..These data add to our knowledge of the pathophysiologic and genetic basis for recurrent stroke risk and may have implications for clinical care decision making. ..
- Ranjan N, Story S, Fulcrand G, Leng F, Ahmad M, King A, et al. Selective Inhibition of Escherichia coli RNA and DNA Topoisomerase I by Hoechst 33258 Derived Mono- and Bisbenzimidazoles. J Med Chem. 2017;60:4904-4922 pubmed publisher..2-23.4 °C), and cytotoxicity studies show similar variation dependent upon the side chain length. Modeling studies suggest critical interactions between the inhibitor side chain and amino acids of the active site of DNA topoisomerase I. ..
- Holcomb M, Rizk H, Morris N, Meyer T. Bilateral cochlear implantation in a child with Johanson Blizzard Syndrome. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2017;95:69-71 pubmed publisher..Cochlear implantation is an available treatment option of profound SNHL in children with JBS even if spoken language outcomes are marginal. ..
- Li J, Doty A, Tang Y, Berrie D, Iqbal A, Tan S, et al. Enrichment of IL-17A+ IFN-?+ and IL-22+ IFN-?+ T cell subsets is associated with reduction of NKp44+ ILC3s in the terminal ileum of Crohn's disease patients. Clin Exp Immunol. 2017;190:143-153 pubmed publisher..This might suggest a potential link between NKp44+ ILC3s and the IL-17A+ IFN-?+ and IL-22+ IFN-?+ T cell subsets in the terminal ileum of CD patients. ..
- Schneider J, Sweberg T, Asaro L, Kirby A, Wypij D, Thiagarajan R, et al. Sedation Management in Children Supported on Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation for Acute Respiratory Failure. Crit Care Med. 2017;45:e1001-e1010 pubmed publisher..A standardized, goal-directed, nurse-driven sedation protocol may help mitigate these effects. ..
- Lee D, Li J, Wang G, Croome K, Burns J, Perry D, et al. Looking inward: The impact of operative time on graft survival after liver transplantation. Surgery. 2017;162:937-949 pubmed publisher..It also seems that some of this efficiency is under the influence of the transplant surgeon. ..
- Oluwole S, Wang K, Dong C, Ciliberti Vargas M, Gutierrez C, Yi L, et al. Disparities and Trends in Door-to-Needle Time: The FL-PR CReSD Study (Florida-Puerto Rico Collaboration to Reduce Stroke Disparities). Stroke. 2017;48:2192-2197 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to identify reasons for delayed thrombolytic treatment in women and Blacks and factors contributing to regional disparities in DTNT. ..
- Cheng Y, Rostron B, Day H, Stanton C, Hull L, Persoskie A, et al. Patterns of Use of Smokeless Tobacco in US Adults, 2013-2014. Am J Public Health. 2017;107:1508-1514 pubmed publisher..Polytobacco use, especially cigarette smoking, is common among SLT users. Pouched snus users are more likely to report nondaily snus use and polytobacco use than users of other SLT products. ..
- Furlong M, Herring A, Buckley J, Goldman B, Daniels J, Engel L, et al. Prenatal exposure to organophosphorus pesticides and childhood neurodevelopmental phenotypes. Environ Res. 2017;158:737-747 pubmed publisher..Factor analysis of outcomes may provide some advantages in etiological studies of childhood neurodevelopment by incorporating information across scales to reduce dimensionality and improve precision. ..
- Neuman M, Hall M, Lipsett S, Hersh A, Williams D, Gerber J, et al. Utility of Blood Culture Among Children Hospitalized With Community-Acquired Pneumonia. Pediatrics. 2017;140: pubmed publisher..Blood cultures may not be needed for most children hospitalized with CAP. ..
- Amin S, Saluja S, Saili A, Orlando M, Wang H, Laroia N, et al. Chronic Auditory Toxicity in Late Preterm and Term Infants With Significant Hyperbilirubinemia. Pediatrics. 2017;140: pubmed publisher..724) for auditory toxicity (P = .03) after controlling for covariates. Unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia indexed by UB (but not TSB or BAMR) is associated with chronic auditory toxicity in infants ?34 weeks' GA with SHB. ..
- Mulhern K, Wahl T, Goss L, Feng K, Richman J, Morris M, et al. Reduced disparities and improved surgical outcomes for Asian Americans with colorectal cancer. J Surg Res. 2017;218:23-28 pubmed publisher..The mechanism(s) underlying these disparities will require further study, but may be a result of patient, provider, and healthcare system differences. ..
- Tanner N, Egede L, Shamblin C, Gebregziabher M, Silvestri G. Attitudes and beliefs toward lung cancer screening among US Veterans. Chest. 2013;144:1783-1787 pubmed publisher..The mortality benefit of LC screening, however, may not be generalizable to the veteran population because of a higher number of comorbid conditions. ..
- Lee A, Festic E, Park P, Raghavendran K, Dabbagh O, Adesanya A, et al. Characteristics and outcomes of patients hospitalized following pulmonary aspiration. Chest. 2014;146:899-907 pubmed publisher..It is independently associated with a significant increase in the risk for ARDS as well as morbidity and mortality. Findings from this study may facilitate the design of future clinical studies of aspiration-induced lung injury. ..
- Greiman A, Keane T. Approach to Androgen Deprivation in the Prostate Cancer Patient with Pre-existing Cardiovascular Disease. Curr Urol Rep. 2017;18:41 pubmed publisher..GnRH antagonists may be superior to GnRH agonists for patients with significant cardiovascular disease, significant metastatic disease burden, or severe lower urinary tract symptoms. ..
- Wang D, Sun H, Wei J, Cen B, DuBois R. CXCL1 Is Critical for Premetastatic Niche Formation and Metastasis in Colorectal Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3655-3665 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our work also provides a rationale for development of CXCR2 antagonists to inhibit or prevent metastatic spread of disease. Cancer Res; 77(13); 3655-65. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Wu M, Kim J, Gaebler Spira D, Schmit B, Arora P. Robotic Resistance Treadmill Training Improves Locomotor Function in Children With Cerebral Palsy: A Randomized Controlled Pilot Study. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2017;98:2126-2133 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study indicated that robotic resistance treadmill training is more effective than assistance training in improving locomotor function in children with CP. ..
- Baumann L, Williams K, Abdullah F, Hendrickson R, Oyetunji T. Do-not-resuscitate orders and high-risk pediatric surgery: professional nuisance or medical necessity?. J Surg Res. 2017;217:213-216 pubmed publisher..Better documentation of DNR discussion will also allow better tracking and benchmarking. ..
- Guerrero Bosagna C, Settles M, Lucker B, Skinner M. Epigenetic transgenerational actions of vinclozolin on promoter regions of the sperm epigenome. PLoS ONE. 2010;5: pubmed publisher..This study confirms that an environmental agent has the ability to induce epigenetic transgenerational changes in the sperm epigenome. ..
- Richards K, Cesario S, Lim A, Best S, Deeren S, Bushman W, et al. Utility of routine urinalysis and urine culture testing in an ambulatory urology clinic: a quality improvement initiative in a Veterans healthcare facility. Can J Urol. 2017;24:8627-8633 pubmed..Our quality improvement initiatives reduced rates of UA/UCx testing when providers assess patients prior to ordering these tests. The implication of this initiative is significant cost savings for the healthcare system. ..
- Rist P, Capistrant B, Mayeda E, Liu S, Glymour M. Physical activity, but not body mass index, predicts less disability before and after stroke. Neurology. 2017;88:1718-1726 pubmed publisher..Physical inactivity predicts a higher risk of being dependent both before and after stroke. ..
- Schulman A, Howard L, Tay K, Tsivian E, Sze C, Amling C, et al. Validation of the 2015 prostate cancer grade groups for predicting long-term oncologic outcomes in a shared equal-access health system. Cancer. 2017;123:4122-4129 pubmed publisher..The authors investigated the utility of biopsy GG for predicting long-term oncologic outcomes after radical prostatectomy in an equal-access health system...
- Thota R, Gonzalez R, Berlin J, Cardin D, Shi C. Could the PD-1 Pathway Be a Potential Target for Treating Small Intestinal Adenocarcinoma?. Am J Clin Pathol. 2017;148:208-214 pubmed publisher..PD-1 and PD-L1 are highly expressed by most small intestinal adenocarcinomas. Blockage of the PD-1 pathway should be evaluated in the treatment of small intestinal adenocarcinomas. ..
- Uc E, Rizzo M, O Shea A, Anderson S, Dawson J. Longitudinal decline of driving safety in Parkinson disease. Neurology. 2017;89:1951-1958 pubmed publisher..Driving decline in PD was predicted by baseline driving performance and deterioration of cognitive, visual, and functional abnormalities on follow-up. ..