Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on male in Poland
Publications127 found, 100 shown here
- Robak T, Błoński J, Urbanska Rys H, Błasińska Morawiec M, Skotnicki A. 2-Chlorodeoxyadenosine (Cladribine) in the treatment of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia 55 years old and younger. Leukemia. 1999;13:518-23 pubmed..In conclusion, our results indicate that 2-CdA is an effective agent in younger patients with B-CLL, especially used as a first line therapy. ..
- Ciesielska U, Zatonski T, Nowińska K, Ratajczak Wielgomas K, Grzegrzolka J, Piotrowska A, et al. Expression of Cell Cycle-related Proteins p16, p27 and Ki-67 Proliferating Marker in Laryngeal Squamous Cell Carcinomas and in Laryngeal Papillomas. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:2407-2415 pubmed..Our study has confirmed that altered expressions of the p16 and p27 proteins might be useful biomarkers in the progression of laryngeal squamous cell carcinomas (LSCC). ..
- Janicki P, Siembab D, Paulo E, KrzaÅ›cik P. Single-dose kinetics of nifedipine in rat plasma and brain. Pharmacology. 1988;36:183-7 pubmed..The peak concentration of nifedipine in brain obtained after 10 min was 37 micrograms/g wet weight tissue, the half-life was 75 min. Apparently, nifedipine can easily cross the blood-brain barrier in the rat. ..
- Szantyr A, Orski M, Marchewka I, Szuta M, Orska M, ZapaÅ‚a J. Ocular Complications Following Autologous Fat Injections into Facial Area: Case Report of a Recovery from Visual Loss After Ophthalmic Artery Occlusion and a Review of the Literature. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2017;41:580-584 pubmed publisher..For a full description of these Evidence-Based Medicine ratings, please refer to the Table of Contents or the online Instructions to Authors www.springer.com/00266 . ..
- Matulewicz N, Stefanowicz M, Nikolajuk A, Karczewska Kupczewska M. Markers of Adipogenesis, but Not Inflammation, in Adipose Tissue Are Independently Related to Insulin Sensitivity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:3040-3049 pubmed publisher..Macrophages seem to be the first immune cells to infiltrate AT. Adipogenesis and ECM remodeling are the initial processes in AT that are independently associated with insulin sensitivity. ..
- Zadka L, Kram P, Koscinski J, Jankowski R, Kaczmarek M, Piatek K, et al. Association Between Interleukin-10 Receptors and the CD45-Immunophenotype of Central Nervous System Tumors: A Preliminary Study. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5777-5783 pubmed..The aim of this study was to assess the expression of IL10R in CD45+ cells within primary brain tumors and metastases and establish its association with tumor basic immunophenotype...
- Ramirez J, Orini M, Mincholé A, Monasterio V, Cygankiewicz I, Bayes de Luna A, et al. Sudden cardiac death and pump failure death prediction in chronic heart failure by combining ECG and clinical markers in an integrated risk model. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186152 pubmed publisher..Currently used tools to specifically predict these endpoints are limited. We developed risk models to specifically assess SCD and PFD risk in CHF by combining ECG markers and clinical variables...
- Malinska A, Podemska Z, Sujka Kordowska P, Witkiewicz W, Nowicki M, Perek B, et al. Caveolin 2: a facultative marker of unfavourable prognosis in long-term patency rate of internal thoracic artery grafts used in coronary artery bypass grafting. Preliminary report. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2017;24:714-720 pubmed publisher..5% from subgroup B, and its expression was associated with ITA graft occlusion observed within 24-months after CABG. CAV2 expression in SMCs of the tunica media in autologous ITA transplants might indicate the risk of graft failure. ..
- Gorczyca D, PostÄ™pski J, Czajkowska A, PaÅ›ciak M, Prescha A, OlesiÅ„ska E, et al. The profile of polyunsaturated fatty acids in juvenile idiopathic arthritis and association with disease activity. Clin Rheumatol. 2017;36:1269-1279 pubmed publisher..PUFAs may contribute to the pathogenesis of JIA and support a necessity to identify new targets suitable for successful interventional studies in JIA patients. ..
- Tomczyk Socha M, Jedrzejewska Jurga K, Limburska J, Tomczyk J. Outbreak of Occupational Dermatitis Associated With Pyemotes ventricosus. JAMA Dermatol. 2017;153:686-688 pubmed publisher..We found that changing the time when the herbs were weighed and abandoning gas fumigation containing methyl bromide resulted in the recurrence of an almost forgotten disease. ..
- Koszela K, Krukowska S, Woldanska Okonska M. [The assessment of the impact of rehabilitation on the pain intensity level in patients with herniated nucleus pulposus of the intervertebral disc]. Pol Merkur Lekarski. 2017;42:252-255 pubmed..The study showed the high efficacy of specialized rehabilitation in patients with FBSS. The rehabilitation in patients with FBSS has a significant analgesic effect. Rehabilitation should be a gold standard in patients with FBSS. ..
- Swiecicka A, Lunt M, Ahern T, O Neill T, Bartfai G, Casanueva F, et al. Nonandrogenic Anabolic Hormones Predict Risk of Frailty: European Male Ageing Study Prospective Data. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:2798-2806 pubmed publisher..These longitudinal data confirm the associations between nonandrogenic anabolic hormones and the changes in frailty status. Interventional studies are needed to establish causality and determine therapeutic implications. ..
- Blauvelt A, de Bruin Weller M, Gooderham M, Cather J, Weisman J, Pariser D, et al. Long-term management of moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis with dupilumab and concomitant topical corticosteroids (LIBERTY AD CHRONOS): a 1-year, randomised, double-blinded, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial. Lancet. 2017;389:2287-2303 pubmed publisher..Dupilumab added to standard topical corticosteroid treatment for 1 year improved atopic dermatitis signs and symptoms, with acceptable safety. Sanofi and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. ..
- Deutsch K, Sledź J, Mazij M, Ludwik B, Labus M, Karbarz D, et al. Maximum voltage gradient technique for optimization of ablation for typical atrial flutter with zero-fluoroscopy approach. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6939 pubmed publisher..The most optimal method for RFCA of CTI-dependent AFL seems to be MVG; however, it required validation of optimal RFCA's parameters with clinical follow-up. ..
- Consejo A, Radhakrishnan H, Iskander D. Scleral changes with accommodation. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 2017;37:263-274 pubmed publisher..D.)). Differences were also found between different meridians. Scleral shape undergoes changes with accommodation and this phenomenon is more pronounced in myopes than emmetropes. ..
- Prus Ostaszewska M, Wysocki J, Niemczyk K, Balcerzak J. The correlation of the results of the survey SNOT-20 of objective studies of nasal obstruction and the geometry of the nasal cavities. Otolaryngol Pol. 2017;71:1-7 pubmed publisher..The feeling of nasal obstruction is the most reproducible and reliable complaint reported by the patient with rhinological problems. ..
- Krzesiński P, Uziebło Zyczkowska B, Gielerak G, Stanczyk A, Piotrowicz K, Piechota W, et al. Echocardiographic assessment and N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide in hypertensives with metabolic syndrome. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2017;26:295-301 pubmed publisher..However, in the present study there was no NT-proBNP level of satisfactory predictive value to diagnose LV abnormalities. ..
- Selmaj I, Cichalewska M, Namiecinska M, Galazka G, Horzelski W, Selmaj K, et al. Global exosome transcriptome profiling reveals biomarkers for multiple sclerosis. Ann Neurol. 2017;81:703-717 pubmed publisher..Thus, exosomal miRNAs might represent a useful biomarker to distinguish multiple sclerosis relapse. Ann Neurol 2017;81:703-717. ..
- Wdowiak A, Bień A, Iwanowicz Palus G, Makara Studzinska M, Bojar I. Impact of emotional disorders on semen quality in men treated for infertility. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2017;38:50-58 pubmed..Depression and anxiety in subfertile males are associated with lower secretion of SHBG and DHEA-S, and higher secretion of cortisol and prolactin. Depression and anxiety in male patients cause decreased semen volume and sperm density. ..
- Ciejka E, Skibska B, GorÄ…ca A. [Influence of low frequency magnetic field used in magnetotherapy on interleukin 6 (IL-6) contents in rat heart and brain]. Med Pr. 2017;68:517-523 pubmed publisher..WpÅ‚yw pola magnetycznego na stan zapalny w organizmie jest rÃ³Å¼ny w zaleÅ¼noÅ›ci od czasu oddziaÅ‚ywania pola magnetycznego oraz tkanek czy komÃ³rek, na ktÃ³re dziaÅ‚a. Med. Pr. 2017;68(4):517â€“523. ..
- Polanska K, Hanke W, Krol A, Gromadzinska J, Kuras R, Janasik B, et al. Micronutrients during pregnancy and child psychomotor development: Opposite effects of Zinc and Selenium. Environ Res. 2017;158:583-589 pubmed publisher..Further epidemiological and preclinical studies are necessary to confirm the associations between micronutrient levels and child development as well as to elucidate the underlying mechanisms of their effects. ..
- Schadendorf D, Long G, Stroiakovski D, Karaszewska B, Hauschild A, Levchenko E, et al. Three-year pooled analysis of factors associated with clinical outcomes across dabrafenib and trametinib combination therapy phase 3 randomised trials. Eur J Cancer. 2017;82:45-55 pubmed publisher..Although the best predictive model evolved with longer follow-up, factors predicting clinical outcomes with the combination remained consistent with previous analyses. ..
- Konieczny G, Morasiewicz P, Kuciel N. The effects of an early intrahospital rehabilitation on weight bearing during lower extremity lengthening with Ilizarov method. Acta Bioeng Biomech. 2017;19:59-64 pubmed..In spite of strict physiotherapy regimen, patients are neither able to equally distribute their body weight between the two lower limbs nor to shift their body weight to the limb equipped with Ilizarov apparatus. ..
- Stepniewska J, Dołęgowska B, Puchałowicz K, Gołembiewska E, Ciechanowski K. Bioactive lipids derived from arachidonic acid metabolism in different types of renal replacement therapy. Chem Phys Lipids. 2017;206:71-77 pubmed publisher..The concentrations of active AA metabolites depend on the mode of renal replacement therapy and are associated with intensity of oxidative stress. They might be considered as potential indicators of kidney damage. ..
- Orywal K, Jelski W, Werel T, Szmitkowski M. The Diagnostic Significance of Serum Alcohol Dehydrogenase Isoenzymes and Aldehyde Dehydrogenase Activity in Urinary Bladder Cancer Patients. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3537-3541 pubmed..1%, positive (PPV) and negative (NPV) predictive values were 97.4% and 92.3% respectively. Area under ROC curve for total ADH activity was 0.848. A potential role of total ADH activity as a marker for bladder cancer, is herein proposed. ..
- Tomaszewska W, Huo L, Szawaryn K, Wang X. Epiverta Dieke (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae: Epilachnini): A Complex of Species, Not a Monotypic Genus. J Insect Sci. 2017;17: pubmed publisher..Lectotype of Solanophila cheloniaMader, 1933 is designated and its type locality delimited to Yunnan Province, Deqin County (China). ..
- Serban M, Colantonio L, Manthripragada A, Monda K, Bittner V, Banach M, et al. Statin Intolerance and Risk of Coronary Heart Events and All-Cause Mortality Following Myocardial Infarction. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:1386-1395 pubmed publisher..51 (95% CI: 1.34 to 1.70) for CHD events, and 0.96 (95% CI: 0.87 to 1.06) for all-cause mortality. Statin intolerance was associated with an increased risk for recurrent MI and CHD events but not all-cause mortality. ..
- Kosmala M, Jurgoński A, Juśkiewicz J, Karlińska E, Macierzyński J, Rój E, et al. Chemical Composition of Blackberry Press Cake, Polyphenolic Extract, and Defatted Seeds, and Their Effects on Cecal Fermentation, Bacterial Metabolites, and Blood Lipid Profile in Rats. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:5470-5479 pubmed publisher..Polyphenols beneficially decreased the activity of cecal ?-glucuronidase, but they may have also increased cholesterol levels in blood. Bacterial metabolism of ellagitannins in the colon gave rise to nasutin A and urolithin A. ..
- Drzymała Czyż S, Janich S, Klingler M, Demmelmair J, Walkowiak J, Koletzko B. Whole blood glycerophospholipids in dried blood spots - a reliable marker for the fatty acid status. Chem Phys Lipids. 2017;207:1-9 pubmed publisher..3%±1.6). Whole blood GPL fatty acids are a robust biological marker for the fatty acid status of fasted and non-fasted subjects. The influence of very recent dietary intake on whole blood GPL is smaller than on whole blood total lipids. ..
- Orywal K, Jelski W, Werel T, Szmitkowski M. The Diagnostic Significance of Serum Alcohol Dehydrogenase Isoenzymes and Aldehyde Dehydrogenase Activity in Prostate Cancer Patients. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4961-4965 pubmed..2% respectively. Area under receiver-operating characteristics (ROC) curve for ADH III activity was 0.993. The results suggest a potential role of ADH III activity as a parameter included in the panel of markers for PCa. ..
- Mizia Stec K, Wita K, Mizia M, Szwed H, Nowalany Kozielska E, Chrzanowski Ł, et al. Preserved contractile reserve in a dobutamine test for the prediction of a response to resynchronisation therapy in ischaemic and non-ischaemic cardiomyopathy--a multicenter ViaCRT study. Int J Cardiol. 2014;172:476-7 pubmed publisher
- Walaszek R, Chwała W, Walaszek K, Burdacki M, Błaszczuk J. Evaluation of the accuracy of the postural stability measurement with the Y-Balance Test based on the levels of the biomechanical parameters. Acta Bioeng Biomech. 2017;19:121-128 pubmed..The extracted factor structure points to a hybrid structure of the Y-Balance Test and shows its accuracy in the measurements of the lower limb joint mobility and strength performance of knee joint extensors. ..
- Wojtczak B, Pula B, Gomulkiewicz A, Olbromski M, Podhorska Okolow M, Domoslawski P, et al. Metallothionein Isoform Expression in Benign and Malignant Thyroid Lesions. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:5179-5185 pubmed..005 and p<0.05, respectively). Expression of functional MT isoforms may contribute to thyroid carcinogenesis and potentially serve as a diagnostic marker in distinguishing benign and malignant lesions. ..
- Adamski P, Sikora J, Laskowska E, Buszko K, Ostrowska M, Umińska J, et al. Comparison of bioavailability and antiplatelet action of ticagrelor in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction and non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction: A prospective, observational, single-centre study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186013 pubmed publisher
- Bruzgielewicz A, Osuch Wójcikiewicz E, Niemczyk K, Sieniawska Buccella O, Siwak M, Walczak A, et al. Altered Expression of miRNAs Is Related to Larynx Cancer TNM Stage and Patients' Smoking Status. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;36:581-588 pubmed publisher..Our research contributed toward better elucidating the mechanisms underlying the progression of LC as well as the use of miRNAs inhibitors as novel agents against progression and metastasis of LC. ..
- Steckiewicz R, Kosior D, ÅšwiÄ™toÅ„ E, Rosiak M, Lange B, Stolarz P. [Radiographic implications of procedures involving cardiac implantable electronic devices (CIEDs) - Selected aspects]. Med Pr. 2017;68:363-374 pubmed publisher..med. pr. 2017;68(3):363â€“374. ..
- McKay J, Hung R, Han Y, Zong X, Carreras Torres R, Christiani D, et al. Large-scale association analysis identifies new lung cancer susceptibility loci and heterogeneity in genetic susceptibility across histological subtypes. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1126-1132 pubmed publisher..Other loci include genes such as a cholinergic nicotinic receptor, CHRNA2, and the telomere-related genes OFBC1 and RTEL1. Further exploration of the target genes will continue to provide new insights into the etiology of lung cancer...
- Vida V, Zanotto L, Zanotto L, Stellin G, Padalino M, Sarris G, et al. Left-Sided Reoperations After Arterial Switch Operation: A European Multicenter Study. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:899-906 pubmed publisher..Recurrent reoperations after LSRs may be required. ..
- Dubiel G, Rogoziński P, Zaloudik E, Bruliński K, Rózańska A, Wójkowska Mach J. Identifying the Infection Control Areas Requiring Modifications in Thoracic Surgery Units: Results of a Two-Year Surveillance of Surgical Site Infections in Hospitals in Southern Poland. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2017;18:820-826 pubmed publisher..Surgical site infection surveillance identified areas of care requiring modifications, namely, organization of post-discharge and microbiologic diagnostics of infection cases. ..
- Zabielski P, Chacińska M, Charkiewicz K, Baranowski M, Gorski J, Blachnio Zabielska A. Effect of metformin on bioactive lipid metabolism in insulin-resistant muscle. J Endocrinol. 2017;233:329-340 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that the insulin-sensitizing action of metformin in skeletal muscle is associated with decreased 18-carbon acyl-chain-derived bioactive lipids. ..
- Azukaitis K, Simkova E, Majid M, Galiano M, Benz K, Amann K, et al. The Phenotypic Spectrum of Nephropathies Associated with Mutations in Diacylglycerol Kinase ε. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:3066-3075 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the benefits of anti-complement therapy are questionable but renal transplant may be a feasible option in the treatment of patients with this condition. ..
- Buśko K, Pastuszak A, Lipińska M, Lipińska M, Gryko K. Somatotype variables related to strength and power output in male basketball players. Acta Bioeng Biomech. 2017;19:161-167 pubmed..05) with mesomorphy and ectomorphy. It can be assumed that basketball players' anthropometric characteristics can influence their level of performance but it is not a decisive factor. ..
- Adamik B, Kubler Kielb J, Golebiowska B, Gamian A, Kubler A. Effect of sepsis and cardiac surgery with cardiopulmonary bypass on plasma level of nitric oxide metabolites, neopterin, and procalcitonin: correlation with mortality and postoperative complications. Intensive Care Med. 2000;26:1259-67 pubmed..83). Measurement of NO metabolite levels was less specific and less sensitive. Our results confirm the value of PCT and neopterin measurement as diagnostic tools in monitoring the clinical course of patients in intensive care units. ..
- Skoczowski A, Obtułowicz K, Czarnobilska E, Dyga W, Mazur M, Stawoska I, et al. Antibody reactivity in patients with IgE-mediated wheat allergy to various subunits and fractions of gluten and non-gluten proteins from ?-gliadin-free wheat genotypes. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2017;24:229-236 pubmed publisher..Highly immunoreactive subunits and fractions among GP and NGP were identified. The observed immunoreactivity of 49 kDa NGP is worth to emphasize, as it has never been reported as wheat allergenic protein before. ..
- Rokicki W, Zalejska Fiolka J, Pojda Wilczek D, Hampel A, Majewski W, Ogultekin S, et al. Differences in serum oxidative status between glaucomatous and nonglaucomatous cataract patients. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:13 pubmed publisher..048) however, Cu,Zn-SOD was not. Glaucoma patients presented elevated mean TOS (p = 0.016). Both groups presented with comparable TAC. Systemic redox balance of cataract patients was significantly altered in the course of glaucoma. ..
- Wochna K, Smędra A, Berent J, Szustowski S. Identification of unknown corpses through odontological examination - two case reports. Arch Med Sadowej Kryminol. 2016;66:158-171 pubmed publisher..Dodatkowo w pracy omówiono podstawowe zasady prawid?owego prowadzenia i przechowywania dokumentacji medycznej. ..
- Surdacki A, Nowicki M, Sandmann J, Tsikas D, Boeger R, Bode Boeger S, et al. Reduced urinary excretion of nitric oxide metabolites and increased plasma levels of asymmetric dimethylarginine in men with essential hypertension. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 1999;33:652-8 pubmed..Circulating ADMA levels are increased in uncomplicated EH, which may be of potential relevance. ..
- Chung J, Koutsari C, Blachnio Zabielska A, Hames K, Jensen M. Intramyocellular Ceramides: Subcellular Concentrations and Fractional De Novo Synthesis in Postabsorptive Humans. Diabetes. 2017;66:2082-2091 pubmed publisher..435; P = 0.002). We conclude that skeletal muscle SS ceramides, especially C16 to C18 chain lengths and the de novo synthesis of intramyocellular ceramide from plasma palmitate are associated with markers of insulin resistance. ..
- Polak A, Harasim Symbor E, Malinowska B, Kasacka I, Pędzińska Betiuk A, Weresa J, et al. The effects of chronic FAAH inhibition on myocardial lipid metabolism in normotensive and DOCA-salt hypertensive rats. Life Sci. 2017;183:1-10 pubmed publisher..e. elevated plasma and intramyocardial TAG contents as well as plasmalemmal FAT/CD36 and total FATP1 expressions). This study revealed that chronic FAAH inhibition has no protective effects on the heart lipid metabolism in hypertension. ..
- Bayes Genis A, Nunez J, Zannad F, Ferreira J, Anker S, Cleland J, et al. The PCSK9-LDL Receptor Axis and Outcomes in Heart Failure: BIOSTAT-CHF Subanalysis. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:2128-2136 pubmed publisher..Proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 (PCSK9) binds low-density lipoprotein receptor (LDLR), preventing its recycling. PCSK9 is a risk predictor and a biotarget in atherosclerosis progression...
- Reginster J, Dudler J, Blicharski T, Pavelka K. Pharmaceutical-grade Chondroitin sulfate is as effective as celecoxib and superior to placebo in symptomatic knee osteoarthritis: the ChONdroitin versus CElecoxib versus Placebo Trial (CONCEPT). Ann Rheum Dis. 2017;76:1537-1543 pubmed publisher..This formulation of CS should be considered a first-line treatment in the medical management of knee OA. ..
- Gane E, DeJesus E, Janczewska E, George J, Diago M, Da Silva M, et al. Simeprevir with peginterferon α-2a/ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C virus genotype 1 infection in treatment-experienced patients: an open-label, rollover study. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:389 pubmed publisher..Simeprevir 150 mg QD with PegIFNα-2a/RBV led to a high SVR rate among prior relapsers with HCV GT1 infection. No new safety signals were noted. NCT01323244 . (date of registration: March 24, 2011). ..
- SÅ‚owikowska Hilczer J, Hirschberg A, Claahsen van der Grinten H, Reisch N, Bouvattier C, Thyen U, et al. Fertility outcome and information on fertility issues in individuals with different forms of disorders of sex development: findings from the dsd-LIFE study. Fertil Steril. 2017;108:822-831 pubmed publisher..The care of patients with DSD is complex, should be individualized, and new treatment possibilities incorporated. A close collaboration in multidisciplinary teams is therefore essential to improve the situation for individuals with DSD. ..
- Kostka J, Czernicki J, Pruszyńska M, Miller E. Strength of knee flexors of the paretic limb as an important determinant of functional status in post-stroke rehabilitation. Neurol Neurochir Pol. 2017;51:227-233 pubmed publisher..Knee flexor muscle strength of the paretic limb and the knee flexor difference between the limbs is the best predictor of functional performance in stroke survivors. ..
- de Swart L, Smith A, MacKenzie M, Symeonidis A, Neukirchen J, Mikulenkova D, et al. Cytomorphology review of 100 newly diagnosed lower-risk MDS patients in the European LeukemiaNet MDS (EUMDS) registry reveals a high inter-observer concordance. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:1105-1112 pubmed publisher..Our data show that in general, the inter-observer agreement was high and a very low percentage of misdiagnosed cases had been entered into the EUMDS registry. Further studies including histomorphology are warranted. ..
- Krzemiński S. [Chilaiditi syndrome - a case report]. Pol Merkur Lekarski. 2017;42:170-172 pubmed
- Góreczny S, Dryzek P, Morgan G, Lukaszewski M, Moll J, Moszura T. Novel Three-Dimensional Image Fusion Software to Facilitate Guidance of Complex Cardiac Catheterization : 3D image fusion for interventions in CHD. Pediatr Cardiol. 2017;38:1133-1142 pubmed publisher..VesselNavigator was useful in guidance of nearly all of cardiac catheterizations. The combination of anatomical markers and low-volume contrast injections allowed reliable 2D-3D registration in the vast majority of patients. ..
- Irzmanski R, Kapusta J, Obrębska Stefaniak A, Urzedowicz B, Kowalski J. Cardiac rehabilitation in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: can its failure be predicted?. Ther Adv Cardiovasc Dis. 2017;11:177-184 pubmed publisher..Cardiac rehabilitation failure index may be useful in classifying patients into an appropriate model of rehabilitation. These findings support our earlier reports. ..
- Peplonska B, Bukowska A, Wieczorek E, Przybek M, Zienolddiny S, Reszka E. Rotating night work, lifestyle factors, obesity and promoter methylation in BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes among nurses and midwives. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178792 pubmed publisher..The findings of our study weakly support the hypothesis that smoking may contribute to epigenetic events. ..
- Dabrowska M, Sirotnak F. E2F site in the essential promoter region does not confer S phase-specific transcription of the ABCC10 gene in human prostate cancer cells. Acta Biochim Pol. 2017;64:371-374 pubmed publisher..In G1 phase it decreased by 2.4- to 3-fold. It is thus inferred, that ABCC10 expression in CWR22Rv1 cells is not S phase-specific but is primarily associated with cell proliferation. ..
- Zejda J, Farnik M, Smółka I, Lawson J, Brozek G. Socio-demographic factors related to under-diagnosis of childhood asthma in Upper Silesia, Poland. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2017;24:171-175 pubmed publisher..lt;/b> Among non-medical determinants of undiagnosed asthma the age of a child plays a major role. Another factors of importance is the large distance between residence and health centre, and low parental attention at home. ..
- Milanowska J, Mackiewicz B, Węgorowski P, Milanowski J, Milanowski P, Makara Studzinska M. The quality of life of farmers with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Ann Agric Environ Med. 2017;24:283-287 pubmed publisher..Higher income of the patients had positive influence on their quality of life. Farmers addicted to alcohol suffered from a higher level of anxiety. ..
- Wojtyła Buciora P, Klimberg A, Kapka Skrzypczak L, Diatczyk J, Urbaniak M, Ulatowska Szostak E, et al. Monitoring risk behaviour in adolescent pupils regarding consumption of psychoactive substances. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2017;24:350-355 pubmed publisher..3) Adolescents have insufficient knowledge about the dangers of using DDs. 4) Faced with the growing threat of a dynamic designer drug market, appropriate counter-measures in education and prevention are therefore necessary. ..
- Koza K, Grzelązka P, Trofimiuk A, Suppan K, Wasielewski M, Wisniewska J, et al. Clinical risk factors for loss of stent primary patency in patients with chronic legs ischemia. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2017;26:311-318 pubmed publisher..Knowledge about these factors may help in the individualization of therapeutic methods, surveillance intensity, and should, ultimately, improve intervention efficacy...
- Litwiniuk M, Niemczyk K, Niderla Bielinska J, Łukawska Popieluch I, Grzela T. Soluble Endoglin (CD105) Serum Level as a Potential Marker in the Management of Head and Neck Paragangliomas. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2017;126:717-721 pubmed publisher..Endoglin is an important factor in the pathophysiology of head and neck paragangliomas and may be a potential diagnostic and prognostic marker in these types of tumors. ..
- Bar J, Lis Nawara A, Grelewski P, Noga L, Grzebieniak Z, Jeleń M. The Association Between HSP90/topoisomerase I Immunophenotype and the Clinical Features of Colorectal Cancers in Respect to KRAS Gene Status. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4953-4960 pubmed
- Barszcz K, Kupczynska M, Polguj M, Klećkowska Nawrot J, Janeczek M, Goździewska Harłajczuk K, et al. Morphometry of the coronary ostia and the structure of coronary arteries in the shorthair domestic cat. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186177 pubmed publisher..These results can be useful in defining the optimal strategies in the endovascular procedures involving the coronary arteries or the aortic valve in the domestic shorthair cat. ..
- Cybulski M, Cybulski L, Krajewska Kulak E, Cwalina U. Illness acceptance, pain perception and expectations for physicians of the elderly in Poland. BMC Geriatr. 2017;17:46 pubmed publisher..The respondents, in regard to other groups described in the literature, were characterised by relatively high values in illness acceptance, pain control and expectations for physicians. ..
- Canaani J, Savani B, Labopin M, Michallet M, Craddock C, Socie G, et al. ABO incompatibility in mismatched unrelated donor allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation for acute myeloid leukemia: A report from the acute leukemia working party of the EBMT. Am J Hematol. 2017;92:789-796 pubmed publisher..7, 95% CI, 0.5-1; P?=?.049]. ABO incompatibility probably has no significant clinical implications in MMURD transplantation. ..
- Maciuszek J, Polczyk R. There was not, they did not: May negation cause the negated ideas to be remembered as existing?. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176452 pubmed publisher..It is also indicated that future research is needed to ensure that it is indeed negation which caused false alarms, not merely mentioning an object. ..
- Kosiński S, Darocha T, Jarosz A, Zeliaś A, Zietkiewicz M, Podsiadło P, et al. Clinical course and prognostic factors of patients in severe accidental hypothermia with circulatory instability rewarmed with veno-arterial ECMO - an observational case series study. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2017;25:46 pubmed publisher..Short term (<6 h) treatment in severe hypothermic, non-arrested patients seems to be not clinically appropriate. ..
- Goździk W, Adamik B, Wysoczanski G, Gozdzik A, Rachwalik M, Skalec T, et al. Preoperative thromboelastometry for the prediction of increased chest tube output in cardiac surgery: A retrospective study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7669 pubmed publisher..Monitoring of the coagulation system with thromboelastometry allows rapid diagnosis of coagulation abnormalities even before the start of the surgery. These abnormalities could not always be detected with routine coagulation tests. ..
- Śliwowski R, Grygorowicz M, Hojszyk R, Jadczak Ł. The isokinetic strength profile of elite soccer players according to playing position. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182177 pubmed publisher..This study showed that specific functional activity of players in individual positions on the field influences the varied profile of isokinetic strength performance. ..
- Garami J, Haber P, Myers C, Allen M, Misiak B, Frydecka D, et al. Intolerance of uncertainty in opioid dependency - Relationship with trait anxiety and impulsivity. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181955 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to explore the complex relationship between traits and how they may contribute to the development and maintenance of addiction. ..
- Gimpelewicz C, Metra M, Cleland J, Szecsödy P, Chang Wun C, Boer Martins L, et al. Effects of serelaxin on the outcome of patients with or without substantial peripheral edema: A subgroup analysis from the RELAX-AHF trial. Am Heart J. 2017;190:113-122 pubmed publisher..Overall, patients with AHF and moderate/severe peripheral edema have a worse prognosis but appear to receive similar relative benefit and perhaps greater absolute benefit from serelaxin administration. ..
- Jones J, Robak T, Brown J, Awan F, Badoux X, Coutre S, et al. Efficacy and safety of idelalisib in combination with ofatumumab for previously treated chronic lymphocytic leukaemia: an open-label, randomised phase 3 trial. Lancet Haematol. 2017;4:e114-e126 pubmed publisher..Gilead Sciences, Inc. ..
- Dereziński T, Fórmankiewicz B, Migdalski A, Brazis P, Jakubowski G, Woda Ł, et al. The prevalence of abdominal aortic aneurysms in the rural/urban population in central Poland - Gniewkowo Aortic Study. Kardiol Pol. 2017;75:705-710 pubmed publisher..Older age, smoking, and a history of MI/ACS were the most important risk factors of AAA occurrence. ..
- Smereka J, Szarpak L, Rodriguez Nunez A, Ladny J, Leung S, Ruetzler K. A randomized comparison of three chest compression techniques and associated hemodynamic effect during infant CPR: A randomized manikin study. Am J Emerg Med. 2017;35:1420-1425 pubmed publisher..Whether this technique translates to improved outcomes over existing techniques needs further animal studies and subsequent human trials. ..
- Witczak M, Wilczynski J, Gulczynska E, Talar T, Mordalska A, Łopaczyńska D, et al. What is the impact of gestational diabetes mellitus on frequency of structural chromosome aberrations in pregnant women and their offspring?. Mutat Res. 2017;818:27-30 pubmed publisher..1). ..
- Lewicka A, Lewicki S, Kłos A, Debski B, Kurył T, Bertrandt J. Influence of protein deficient diet, vitamin B[sub]2[/sub] supplementation and physical training on serum composition of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) in rats. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2017;24:185-189 pubmed publisher..b]Conclusions. [/b] Results of this study suggest that all investigated factors (protein deficiency, physical exercise and supplementation of vitamin B2) have significant impact on PUFA composition of serum in rats. ..
- Mozrzymas R, Konikowska K, Regulska Ilow B. Energy exchangers with LCT as a precision method for diet control in LCHADD. Adv Clin Exp Med. 2017;26:515-525 pubmed publisher..This method can be used by doctors and dietitians who specialize in treating rare metabolic diseases. It can also be used by patients and their families for accurate menu planning with limited LCT content. ..
- Maas R, Iwanicka Pronicka K, Kalkan Ucar S, Alhaddad B, AlSayed M, Al Owain M, et al. Progressive deafness-dystonia due to SERAC1 mutations: A study of 67 cases. Ann Neurol. 2017;82:1004-1015 pubmed publisher..MEGDHEL syndrome is a progressive deafness-dystonia syndrome with frequent and reversible neonatal liver involvement and a strikingly homogenous course of disease. Ann Neurol 2017;82:1004-1015. ..
- Piechota Polanczyk A, Włodarczyk M, Sobolewska Włodarczyk A, Jonakowski M, Pilarczyk A, Stec Michalska K, et al. Serum Cyclophilin A Correlates with Increased Tissue MMP-9 in Patients with Ulcerative Colitis, but Not with Crohn's Disease. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;62:1511-1517 pubmed publisher..Higher CyPA level may be followed by increased MMP-9 in those patients. However, further studies are necessary to verify the role of CyPA in IBD development. ..
- Quispe R, Hendrani A, Elshazly M, Michos E, McEvoy J, Blaha M, et al. Accuracy of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol estimation at very low levels. BMC Med. 2017;15:83 pubmed publisher..More often than not, a Friedewald value?<?40 mg/dL is underestimated, which translates into unnecessary safety alarms that could be reduced in half by estimation using our novel method. ..
- Zarychta K, Mullan B, Kruk M, Luszczynska A. A vicious cycle among cognitions and behaviors enhancing risk for eating disorders. BMC Psychiatry. 2017;17:154 pubmed publisher..Therefore, higher levels of one of ED determinants (appearance orientation, appearance worries or dieting) increase the likelihood of the elevated levels of two other ED determinants at follow-ups and thus enhances the risk for ED. ..