Experts and Doctors on male in New Zealand
Locale: New Zealand
- Alamri Y, Moon D, Yen D, Wakeman C, Eglinton T, Frizelle F. Ten-year experience of splenic trauma in New Zealand: the rise of non-operative management. N Z Med J. 2017;130:11-18 pubmed..The aim of this study was to describe the demographics, mechanisms of injury, management and outcomes in patients who suffered splenic trauma in Christchurch, New Zealand...
- Franz E, Fu Y. Pre-movement planning processes in people with congenital mirror movements. Clin Neurophysiol. 2017;128:1985-1993 pubmed publisher..Aberrant bilateral activity during pre-movement processes is clearly implicated; whether part of the etiology of CMM, or as a mechanism of neuro-compensation, is not yet known. ..
- Waldie K, Wilson A, Roberts R, Moreau D. Reading network in dyslexia: Similar, yet different. Brain Lang. 2017;174:29-41 pubmed publisher..These findings emphasize the importance of understanding right-hemisphere activation in dyslexia and provide promising directions for the remediation of reading disorders. ..
- Koh C, Zeng I, Ravi S, Zhu M, Vince K, Young S. Periprosthetic Joint Infection Is the Main Cause of Failure for Modern Knee Arthroplasty: An Analysis of 11,134 Knees. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2017;475:2194-2201 pubmed publisher..Aseptic loosening became more important with longer followup. Efforts to improve outcome after primary TKA should focus on these areas, particularly prevention of PJI. Level III, therapeutic study. ..
- Frey R, Boyd M, Robinson J, Foster S, Gott M. The Supportive Hospice and Aged Residential Exchange (SHARE) programme in New Zealand. Nurse Educ Pract. 2017;25:80-88 pubmed publisher..Key lessons learnt from for the development of any palliative care intervention within aged residential care include the importance of reciprocal learning, as well as the necessity of a strong partnership with key stakeholders. ..
- Saxony J, Cowling L, Catchpole L, Walker N. Evaluation of a smoking cessation service in elective surgery. J Surg Res. 2017;212:33-41 pubmed publisher..The ELECT service appears both feasible and sustainable over time and has a clear impact on helping patients achieve smoking abstinence. ..
- Bridgeman L, McGuigan M, Gill N, Dulson D. The Effects of Accentuated Eccentric Loading on the Drop Jump Exercise and the Subsequent Postactivation Potentiation Response. J Strength Cond Res. 2017;31:1620-1626 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, 5 DJs with 20% AEL followed by a 2 minutes recovery period resulted in significant enhancement in CMJ height and peak power...
- Hennebry A, Oldham J, Shavlakadze T, Grounds M, Sheard P, Fiorotto M, et al. IGF1 stimulates greater muscle hypertrophy in the absence of myostatin in male mice. J Endocrinol. 2017;234:187-200 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that myostatin and IGF1 regulate skeletal muscle size, myofibre type and gonadal fat through distinct mechanisms that involve increasing the total abundance and phosphorylation status of AKT and rpS6. ..
- Sandhöfer N, Metzeler K, Kakadia P, Pasalic Z, Hiddemann W, Neusser M, et al. A fluorescence in situ hybridization-based screen allows rapid detection of adverse cytogenetic alterations in patients with acute myeloid leukemia. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2017;56:632-638 pubmed publisher..This approach may allow therapeutic decisions more quickly, which benefits both patients and physicians and might save costs. ..
- Razi S, Cogger V, Kennerson M, Benson V, McMahon A, Blyth F, et al. SIRT1 Polymorphisms and Serum-Induced SIRT1 Protein Expression in Aging and Frailty: The CHAMP Study. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2017;72:870-876 pubmed publisher..SIRT1 SNPs and serum-induced SIRT1 expression in older men may be more closely associated with nutrition and body composition than aging and age-related conditions. ..
- Oliver M, Badland H, Schofield G, Shepherd J. Identification of accelerometer nonwear time and sedentary behavior. Res Q Exerc Sport. 2011;82:779-83 pubmed
- Hamilton R, Paton C, Hopkins W. Effect of high-intensity resistance training on performance of competitive distance runners. Int J Sports Physiol Perform. 2006;1:40-9 pubmed..7% (+/- 3.0%); and 5-km time-trial speed, 1.2% (+/- 1.1%). We conclude that high-intensity resistance training in the competitive phase is likely to produce beneficial gains in performance for most distance runners. ..