Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on lysophosphatidylcholines in United States
Locale: United States
- Zhang Y, Zheng Y, Zhang Y, Shields L, Hu X, Yu P, et al. Enhanced adenoviral gene delivery to motor and dorsal root ganglion neurons following injection into demyelinated peripheral nerves. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:2374-84 pubmed publisher..No animals sustained any prolonged neurological deficits. Increased gene delivery into DRG neurons and motoneurons may provide effective treatment for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, pain, and spinal cord injury. ..
- Scott G, Jacobs S, Pentland A. sPLA2-X stimulates cutaneous melanocyte dendricity and pigmentation through a lysophosphatidylcholine-dependent mechanism. J Invest Dermatol. 2006;126:855-61 pubmed..Because secretory phospholipases are released during inflammation and are regulated by UV irradiation, our data suggest an important role for sPLA2-X in cutaneous pigmentation through the release of LPC. ..
- van Aalst J, Zhang D, Miyazaki K, Colles S, Fox P, Graham L. Role of reactive oxygen species in inhibition of endothelial cell migration by oxidized low-density lipoprotein. J Vasc Surg. 2004;40:1208-15 pubmed..This might improve the healing of endothelial injuries at sites of arterial repair or angioplasty, especially in lipid-laden arterial walls. ..
- Kakisaka K, Cazanave S, Fingas C, Guicciardi M, Bronk S, Werneburg N, et al. Mechanisms of lysophosphatidylcholine-induced hepatocyte lipoapoptosis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2012;302:G77-84 pubmed publisher..We concluded that LPC-induced lipoapoptosis is dependent on mechanisms largely indistinguishable from PA. These data suggest that FFA-mediated cytotoxicity is indirect via the generation of the toxic metabolite, LPC. ..
- Choi J, Zhang W, Gu X, Chen X, Hong L, Laird J, et al. Lysophosphatidylcholine is generated by spontaneous deacylation of oxidized phospholipids. Chem Res Toxicol. 2011;24:111-8 pubmed publisher..Because antiphospholipase drugs cannot block this nonenzymatic pathway to lysoPC, additional therapeutic measures may be needed to avoid the pathological consequences of the newly discovered biomolecular chemistry of oxPCs. ..
- Block R, Duff R, Lawrence P, Kakinami L, Brenna J, Shearer G, et al. The effects of EPA, DHA, and aspirin ingestion on plasma lysophospholipids and autotaxin. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2010;82:87-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data demonstrate that plasma LPC, but not LPA, species can be dynamically regulated by dietary supplementation, and argue against a simple model of LPA generation via LPC hydrolysis. ..
- Sun M, Deng Y, Batyreva E, Sha W, Salomon R. Novel bioactive phospholipids: practical total syntheses of products from the oxidation of arachidonic and linoleic esters of 2-lysophosphatidylcholine(1). J Org Chem. 2002;67:3575-84 pubmed
- Ulloa L, Brunner M, Ramos L, Deitch E. Scientific and clinical challenges in sepsis. Curr Pharm Des. 2009;15:1918-35 pubmed..This article reviews novel inflammatory molecular aspects and the experimental anti-inflammatory strategies for sepsis, as they may represent particular pathological processes in specific subsets of patients. ..
- Jiang S, Park D, Stigler W, Creighton J, Ravi S, Darley Usmar V, et al. Mitochondria and AMP-activated protein kinase-dependent mechanism of efferocytosis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:26013-26 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that the mitochondrial AMPK axis is a sensor and enhancer of tracking and removal of apoptotic cell, processes crucial to resolution of inflammatory conditions and a return to tissue homeostasis. ..
- Kiryu Seo S, Ohno N, Kidd G, Komuro H, Trapp B. Demyelination increases axonal stationary mitochondrial size and the speed of axonal mitochondrial transport. J Neurosci. 2010;30:6658-66 pubmed publisher..In response to insufficient ATP production, demyelinated axons increase the size of stationary mitochondrial sites and thereby balance ATP production with the increased energy needs of nerve conduction. ..
- Pushkareva M, Janoff A, Mayhew E. Inhibition of cell division but not nuclear division by 1-O- octadecyl-2-O-methyl-Sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine. Cell Biol Int. 1999;23:817-28 pubmed..2000). Furthermore, treatment of cells with ET-18-OCH(3)results in the accumulation of apoptotic cells in time- and dose-dependent manner. It is possible that inhibition of cytokinesis may be related to cytoskeletal effects...
- Bassa B, Noh J, Ganji S, Shin M, Roh D, Kamanna V. Lysophosphatidylcholine stimulates EGF receptor activation and mesangial cell proliferation: regulatory role of Src and PKC. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1771:1364-71 pubmed
- Sengupta S, Piotrowski E, Slomiany A, Slomiany B. Role of adrenergic and cholinergic mediators in gastric mucus phospholipid secretion. Biochem Int. 1991;24:1145-53 pubmed..1-fold enrichment in this phospholipid occurred with pilocarpine. The results, for the first time, demonstrate the involvement of neural mediators in the regulation of phospholipid secretion in gastric mucus...
- Kazarinova Noyes K, Malhotra J, McEwen D, Mattei L, Berglund E, Ranscht B, et al. Contactin associates with Na+ channels and increases their functional expression. J Neurosci. 2001;21:7517-25 pubmed..Contactin may thus significantly influence the functional expression and distribution of Na(+) channels in neurons. ..
- Bieber A, Warrington A, Asakura K, Ciric B, Kaveri S, Pease L, et al. Human antibodies accelerate the rate of remyelination following lysolecithin-induced demyelination in mice. Glia. 2002;37:241-9 pubmed..We propose the use of human polyclonal IgM or specific human monoclonal IgM antibodies as potential therapies to enhance myelin repair following CNS injury and disease...
- Custer A, Kazarinova Noyes K, Sakurai T, Xu X, Simon W, Grumet M, et al. The role of the ankyrin-binding protein NrCAM in node of Ranvier formation. J Neurosci. 2003;23:10032-9 pubmed..To match experimental measurements, this latter reaction needs fast kinetics, and the early arrival of NrCAM is postulated to contribute to this requirement. ..
- Adibhatla R, Hatcher J, Dempsey R. Cytidine-5'-diphosphocholine affects CTP-phosphocholine cytidylyltransferase and lyso-phosphatidylcholine after transient brain ischemia. J Neurosci Res. 2004;76:390-6 pubmed..01 compared to saline). These data indicate that PtdCho synthesis is impaired after brain ischemia, and CDP-choline may increase PtdCho levels by attenuating the loss of CCT activity and lyso-PtdCho formation...
- Scott G, Arioka M, Jacobs S. Lysophosphatidylcholine mediates melanocyte dendricity through PKCzeta activation. J Invest Dermatol. 2007;127:668-75 pubmed..Downstream mediators of LPC-dependent dendricity include Rac and Rho. ..
- Fuller M, DeChant A, Rothstein B, Caprariello A, Wang R, Hall A, et al. Bone morphogenetic proteins promote gliosis in demyelinating spinal cord lesions. Ann Neurol. 2007;62:288-300 pubmed..Local increases in BMPs at the site of a demyelinating lesion causes upregulation of gliosis, glial scar formation, and heightened expression of CSPGs such as neurocan and aggrecan that may inhibit remyelination. ..
- Chaudhuri P, Colles S, Bhat M, Van Wagoner D, Birnbaumer L, Graham L. Elucidation of a TRPC6-TRPC5 channel cascade that restricts endothelial cell movement. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:3203-11 pubmed publisher..Activation of this novel TRPC channel cascade by lysoPC, resulting in the inhibition of EC migration, could adversely impact on EC healing in atherosclerotic arteries where lysoPC is abundant. ..
- Chaudhuri P, Colles S, Fox P, Graham L. Protein kinase Cdelta-dependent phosphorylation of syndecan-4 regulates cell migration. Circ Res. 2005;97:674-81 pubmed
- Lee J, Welti R, Schapaugh W, Trick H. Phospholipid and triacylglycerol profiles modified by PLD suppression in soybean seed. Plant Biotechnol J. 2011;9:359-72 pubmed publisher..This would be consistent with PLD playing a positive role in that conversion. The data indicate that soybean PLD attenuation is a potentially useful approach to altering properties of edible and industrial soybean lecithin...
- Januszewski A, Alderson N, Jenkins A, Thorpe S, Baynes J. Chemical modification of proteins during peroxidation of phospholipids. J Lipid Res. 2005;46:1440-9 pubmed..Analyses of plasma proteins from control and diabetic patients indicated significant increases in lipoxidative modification of protein in diabetic compared with control subjects...
- Xie Z, Gong M, Su W, Turk J, Guo Z. Group VIA phospholipase A2 (iPLA2beta) participates in angiotensin II-induced transcriptional up-regulation of regulator of g-protein signaling-2 in vascular smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:25278-89 pubmed..Collectively, our results demonstrate that iPLA2beta participates in Ang II-induced transcriptional up-regulation of RGS2 in VSMC. ..
- Xu Y. Sphingosylphosphorylcholine and lysophosphatidylcholine: G protein-coupled receptors and receptor-mediated signal transduction. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1582:81-8 pubmed..The signaling and ligand-binding properties of these receptors are reviewed here. These discoveries provide an intriguing opportunity and a novel approach in studying the pathophysiological roles of SPC and LPC and their receptors. ..
- Mapstone M, Cheema A, Fiandaca M, Zhong X, Mhyre T, MacArthur L, et al. Plasma phospholipids identify antecedent memory impairment in older adults. Nat Med. 2014;20:415-8 pubmed publisher..This biomarker panel, reflecting cell membrane integrity, may be sensitive to early neurodegeneration of preclinical Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Cheng H, Yao Q, Song R, Zhai Y, Wang W, Fullerton D, et al. Lysophosphatidylcholine activates the Akt pathway to upregulate extracellular matrix protein production in human aortic valve cells. J Surg Res. 2017;213:243-250 pubmed publisher..oxLDL accumulation and generation of LysoPC in the aortic valve tissue may contribute to the mechanism of valvular sclerosis associated with the development and progression of aortic stenosis. ..
- Petersen M, Ryu J, Chang K, Etxeberria A, Bardehle S, Mendiola A, et al. Fibrinogen Activates BMP Signaling in Oligodendrocyte Progenitor Cells and Inhibits Remyelination after Vascular Damage. Neuron. 2017;96:1003-1012.e7 pubmed publisher..Targeting fibrinogen may be an upstream therapeutic strategy to promote the regenerative potential of CNS progenitors in diseases with remyelination failure. ..