Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on lymphocyte activation in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: lymphocyte activation
Publications490 found, 100 shown here
- Molto L, Rayman P, Paszkiewicz Kozik E, Thornton M, Reese L, Thomas J, et al. The Bcl-2 transgene protects T cells from renal cell carcinoma-mediated apoptosis. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:4060-8 pubmed..Overexpression of Bcl-2 protected Jurkat cells from tumor-mediated killing. Bcl-2 inhibition is a mechanism by which tumors may render lymphocytes sensitive to other tumor-derived, proapoptotic stimuli. ..
- Prendergast B, Bilbo S, Dhabhar F, Nelson R. Effects of photoperiod history on immune responses to intermediate day lengths in Siberian hamsters (Phodopus sungorus). J Neuroimmunol. 2004;149:31-9 pubmed..The data suggest that photoperiodic mechanisms that enhance and suppress several aspects of immunity in young-adult hamsters are not responsive to prenatally communicated photoperiod history information. ..
- Spencer J, Ellison S, Guarino A, Blagburn B. Cell-mediated immune responses in horses with equine protozoal myeloencephalitis. J Parasitol. 2004;90:428-30 pubmed..It appears that the parasite is also able to induce an immunosuppression toward parasite-derived antigens as parasite-specific responses are decreased...
- Akyol S, Gercel Taylor C, Reynolds L, Taylor D. HSP-10 in ovarian cancer: expression and suppression of T-cell signaling. Gynecol Oncol. 2006;101:481-6 pubmed..Our findings indicate that, as in pregnancy, production and release of HSP10 may be a critical factor in the suppression of T-cell activation, allowing the tumor to escape immune surveillance. ..
- Breza T, Zheng P, Porcu P, Magro C. Cutaneous marginal zone B-cell lymphoma in the setting of fluoxetine therapy: a hypothesis regarding pathogenesis based on in vitro suppression of T-cell-proliferative response. J Cutan Pathol. 2006;33:522-8 pubmed..Fluoxetine may be associated with pseudolymphomata and marginal zone lymphoma. The inhibitory effects on T-lymphocyte function and more specifically T-suppressor function may lead to excessive antigen-driven B-cell proliferation. ..
- Arce S, Nawar H, Muehlinghaus G, Russell M, Connell T. In vitro induction of immunoglobulin A (IgA)- and IgM-secreting plasma blasts by cholera toxin depends on T-cell help and is mediated by CD154 up-regulation and inhibition of gamma interferon synthesis. Infect Immun. 2007;75:1413-23 pubmed..Neither LT-IIa or LT-IIb had these effects, indicating that type II enterotoxins augment Ab responses by other mechanisms. ..
- Cyr N, Earle K, Tam C, Romero L. The effect of chronic psychological stress on corticosterone, plasma metabolites, and immune responsiveness in European starlings. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2007;154:59-66 pubmed
- Lefrancois L, Obar J. Once a killer, always a killer: from cytotoxic T cell to memory cell. Immunol Rev. 2010;235:206-18 pubmed publisher..This review considers aspects of the regulation of the induction of effectors, the transition of effectors to memory cells, and the dynamics of the memory population. ..
- Das A, Veazey R, Wang X, Lackner A, Xu H, Pahar B. Simian immunodeficiency virus infection in rhesus macaques induces selective tissue specific B cell defects in double positive CD21+CD27+ memory B cells. Clin Immunol. 2011;140:223-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that SIV infection may induce selective defective responses in specific tissues, by suppressing memory B cell proliferation in tissues. ..
- Fife B, Griffin M, Abbas A, Locksley R, Bluestone J. Inhibition of T cell activation and autoimmune diabetes using a B cell surface-linked CTLA-4 agonist. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:2252-61 pubmed
- Smithey M, Brandt S, Freitag N, Higgins D, Bouwer H. Stimulation of enhanced CD8 T cell responses following immunization with a hyper-antigen secreting intracytosolic bacterial pathogen. J Immunol. 2008;180:3406-16 pubmed
- Hegde U, Chhabra A, Chattopadhyay S, Das R, Ray S, Chakraborty N. Presence of low dose of fludarabine in cultures blocks regulatory T cell expansion and maintains tumor-specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte activity generated with peripheral blood lymphocytes. Pathobiology. 2008;75:200-8 pubmed publisher..The observations of the study are as important for adaptive immunotherapy of cancer as they are for vaccine-based approaches. ..
- Spriggs M, Armitage R, Strockbine L, Clifford K, Macduff B, Sato T, et al. Recombinant human CD40 ligand stimulates B cell proliferation and immunoglobulin E secretion. J Exp Med. 1992;176:1543-50 pubmed..A comparison of the efficacy of the hCD40-L and mCD40-L in these assays is presented. ..
- Kadereit S, Xu H, Engeman T, Yang Y, Fairchild R, Williams B. Negative regulation of CD8+ T cell function by the IFN-induced and double-stranded RNA-activated kinase PKR. J Immunol. 2000;165:6896-901 pubmed..These results implicate PKR for the first time in the growth control of mature T lymphocytes and give insight into the negative regulation of CD8(+) T cell-mediated immune responses. ..
- Chen Y, Demir Y, Valujskikh A, Heeger P. The male minor transplantation antigen preferentially activates recipient CD4+ T cells through the indirect presentation pathway in vivo. J Immunol. 2003;171:6510-8 pubmed
- Matsumoto Y, Blanchard T, Drakes M, Basu M, Redline R, Levine A, et al. Eradication of Helicobacter pylori and resolution of gastritis in the gastric mucosa of IL-10-deficient mice. Helicobacter. 2005;10:407-15 pubmed..Additionally, these data provide support for a model of gastrointestinal immunity in which naturally occurring IL-10-producing regulatory T cells modulate the host response to gastrointestinal bacteria. ..
- Law C, Gordon K, Toki B, Yamane A, Hering M, Cerveny C, et al. Lymphocyte activation antigen CD70 expressed by renal cell carcinoma is a potential therapeutic target for anti-CD70 antibody-drug conjugates. Cancer Res. 2006;66:2328-37 pubmed
- Stoklasek T, Schluns K, Lefrancois L. Combined IL-15/IL-15Ralpha immunotherapy maximizes IL-15 activity in vivo. J Immunol. 2006;177:6072-80 pubmed..These findings hold significant importance for the use of IL-15 as a potential adjuvant/therapeutic and inducer of homeostatic proliferation, without the necessity for prior immunodepletion. ..
- Schmidt C, Kim D, Ippolito G, Naqvi H, Probst L, Mathur S, et al. Signalling of the BCR is regulated by a lipid rafts-localised transcription factor, Bright. EMBO J. 2009;28:711-24 pubmed publisher..This study identifies a BCR tuning mechanism in lipid rafts that is regulated by differential post-translational modification of a transcription factor with implications for B-cell tolerance and autoimmunity. ..
- Ni L, Ma C, Zhang Y, Nandakumar S, Zhang C, Wu X, et al. PD-1 modulates regulatory T cells and suppresses T-cell responses in HCV-associated lymphoma. Immunol Cell Biol. 2011;89:535-9 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the PD-1 pathway is involved in regulating T(R) cells that suppress T-cell functions in the setting of HCV-associated B-cell lymphoma. ..
- Ke Y, Jiang G, Sun D, Kaplan H, Shao H. Anti-CD3 antibody ameliorates experimental autoimmune uveitis by inducing both IL-10 and TGF-? dependent regulatory T cells. Clin Immunol. 2011;138:311-20 pubmed publisher..Moreover, mice treated with anti-CD3 mAb were resistant to a second challenge with antigen and thus protected from recurrence of disease. Our results demonstrate that anti-CD3 mAb is a potent inhibitor of autoimmune uveitis. ..
- Huleatt J, Lefrancois L. Antigen-driven induction of CD11c on intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes and CD8+ T cells in vivo. J Immunol. 1995;154:5684-93 pubmed..Overall, the results demonstrated p150,95 to be a hallmark of T cell activation in vivo and an indicator of ongoing antigen-specific T cell activation in the intestinal epithelium. ..
- Soboll G, Whalley J, Koen M, Allen G, Fraser D, Macklin M, et al. Identification of equine herpesvirus-1 antigens recognized by cytotoxic T lymphocytes. J Gen Virol. 2003;84:2625-34 pubmed..This assay can now be used to study CTL specificity for EHV-1 proteins in horses with a broad range of ELA-A haplotypes, with the goal of developing a multi-epitope EHV-1 vaccine. ..
- Mansfield J, Paulnock D. Regulation of innate and acquired immunity in African trypanosomiasis. Parasite Immunol. 2005;27:361-71 pubmed..The biological relevance of these immunoregulatory events is discussed in the context of host and parasite survival. ..
- Kin N, Sanders V. It takes nerve to tell T and B cells what to do. J Leukoc Biol. 2006;79:1093-104 pubmed..We will also discuss how dysregulation of this line of communication between the nervous and immune systems might contribute to disease development and progression. ..
- Lefrancois L, Marzo A. The descent of memory T-cell subsets. Nat Rev Immunol. 2006;6:618-23 pubmed publisher..In this Opinion article, in light of recent developments, we suggest that it is probable that two distinct lineages comprise the memory CD8+ T-cell population generated in response to infection. ..
- Thaxton J, Liu B, Zheng P, Liu Y, Li Z. Deletion of CD24 impairs development of heat shock protein gp96-driven autoimmune disease through expansion of myeloid-derived suppressor cells. J Immunol. 2014;192:5679-86 pubmed publisher..Further study of these populations as possible negative regulators of inflammation in the context of autoimmunity is warranted. ..
- Crick D, Scocca J, Rush J, Frank D, Krag S, Waechter C. Induction of dolichyl-saccharide intermediate biosynthesis corresponds to increased long chain cis-isoprenyltransferase activity during the mitogenic response in mouse B cells. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:10559-65 pubmed
- Schubert L, Jeffery E, Zhang Y, Ramsdell F, Ziegler S. Scurfin (FOXP3) acts as a repressor of transcription and regulates T cell activation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:37672-9 pubmed..Our findings indicate that the ability of scurfin to bind DNA, and presumably repress transcription, plays a paramount role in determining the amplitude of the response of CD4 T cells to activation. ..
- Plasilova M, Risitano A, Maciejewski J. Application of the molecular analysis of the T-cell receptor repertoire in the study of immune-mediated hematologic diseases. Hematology. 2003;8:173-81 pubmed
- Faunce D, Gamelli R, Choudhry M, Kovacs E. A role for CD1d-restricted NKT cells in injury-associated T cell suppression. J Leukoc Biol. 2003;73:747-55 pubmed..Together, our results reveal a novel mechanism involving CD1d stimulation of NKT cells in the onset of T cell suppression that occurs subsequent to injury. ..
- Bakke A, Purtzer M, Wildin R. Prospective immunological profiling in a case of immune dysregulation, polyendocrinopathy, enteropathy, X-linked syndrome (IPEX). Clin Exp Immunol. 2004;137:373-8 pubmed..Continuous maintenance of immunosuppression, once started, appears critical for prevention of permanent tissue damage. ..
- Puddington L, Olson S, Lefrancois L. Interactions between stem cell factor and c-Kit are required for intestinal immune system homeostasis. Immunity. 1994;1:733-9 pubmed..This possibility was supported by reconstitution studies that demonstrated that c-Kit mutations directly affected IEL. Thus, SCF-c-Kit interactions are important for homeostasis of the intestinal immune compartment. ..
- Abe Y, Murphy T, Sethi S, Faden H, Dmochowski J, Harabuchi Y, et al. Lymphocyte proliferative response to P6 of Haemophilus influenzae is associated with relative protection from exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2002;165:967-71 pubmed..These results indicate that decreased proliferation of T cells to P6 is associated with exacerbations of COPD and suggest that the ability of T cells to recognize P6 is associated with relative protection from exacerbations due to NTHI. ..
- Kamperschroer C, Quinn D. The role of proinflammatory cytokines in wasting disease during lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus infection. J Immunol. 2002;169:340-9 pubmed..Overall, this work defines the critical role of virus-primed CD4 T cells and of proinflammatory cytokines in the pathogenesis of wasting disease induced by LCMV infection. ..
- Sobel E, Morel L, Baert R, Mohan C, Schiffenbauer J, Wakeland E. Genetic dissection of systemic lupus erythematosus pathogenesis: evidence for functional expression of Sle3/5 by non-T cells. J Immunol. 2002;169:4025-32 pubmed..These experiments strongly suggest that a gene within the B6.Sle3/5 interval was expressed by a bone marrow-derived, nonlymphocyte population in the thymus and periphery and was affecting T cell selection and/or survival. ..
- Taylor D, Gercel Taylor C. Tumour-derived exosomes and their role in cancer-associated T-cell signalling defects. Br J Cancer. 2005;92:305-11 pubmed..These results indicate that, while 'exosomes' express tumour antigens, leading to their proposed utility as tumour vaccines, they also can suppress T-cell signalling molecules and induce apoptosis. ..
- Nekrasova T, Shive C, Gao Y, Kawamura K, Guardia R, Landreth G, et al. ERK1-deficient mice show normal T cell effector function and are highly susceptible to experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Immunol. 2005;175:2374-80 pubmed..Collectively, the data show that ERK1 is not critical for the function of peripheral T cells in the response to self and foreign Ags and in T cell-mediated autoimmunity, and suggest that its loss can be compensated by ERK2. ..
- Flano E, Kayhan B, Woodland D, Blackman M. Infection of dendritic cells by a gamma2-herpesvirus induces functional modulation. J Immunol. 2005;175:3225-34 pubmed..Taken together, these observations indicate that gamma2-herpesvirus infection of DCs is a mechanism of viral immune evasion, partially mediated by IL-10...
- Nolz J, Gomez T, Zhu P, Li S, Medeiros R, Shimizu Y, et al. The WAVE2 complex regulates actin cytoskeletal reorganization and CRAC-mediated calcium entry during T cell activation. Curr Biol. 2006;16:24-34 pubmed
- Nazareth M, Broderick L, Simpson Abelson M, Kelleher R, Yokota S, Bankert R. Characterization of human lung tumor-associated fibroblasts and their ability to modulate the activation of tumor-associated T cells. J Immunol. 2007;178:5552-62 pubmed..We conclude that TAF in human NSCLC are functionally and phenotypically heterogeneous and provide multiple complex regulatory signals that have the potential to enhance or suppress TAT function in the tumor microenvironment. ..
- Dugger K, Zinn K, Weaver C, Bullard D, Barnum S. Effector and suppressor roles for LFA-1 during the development of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Neuroimmunol. 2009;206:22-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, LFA-1 acts as a key regulatory adhesion molecule during the development of EAE, serving both pro- and anti-inflammatory roles in disease pathogenesis. ..
- Siewe B, Kalis S, Esteves P, Zhou T, Knight K. A novel functional rabbit IL-7 isoform. Dev Comp Immunol. 2010;34:828-36 pubmed publisher..IL7-II is generated by alternative splicing, with an 11 amino acid insertion encoded by a separate exon, exon 2b. Exon 2b is conserved in other lagomorphs, in Perissodactyla, Artiodactyla, and Carnivora, but is absent in mouse and human...
- Ersland K, Wuthrich M, Klein B. Dynamic interplay among monocyte-derived, dermal, and resident lymph node dendritic cells during the generation of vaccine immunity to fungi. Cell Host Microbe. 2010;7:474-87 pubmed publisher..Our work reveals the dynamic interplay among distinct DC subsets that prime naive CD4 T cells after yeast are injected in the skin and discloses the cellular elements underlying vaccine-induced immunity to fungi. ..
- Rabant M, Gorbacheva V, Fan R, Yu H, Valujskikh A. CD40-independent help by memory CD4 T cells induces pathogenic alloantibody but does not lead to long-lasting humoral immunity. Am J Transplant. 2013;13:2831-2841 pubmed publisher..This information may guide the future use of CD40/CD154 targeting therapies in transplant recipients containing donor-reactive memory T cells. ..
- Wu P, Wu D, Ni C, Ye J, Chen W, Hu G, et al. ??T17 cells promote the accumulation and expansion of myeloid-derived suppressor cells in human colorectal cancer. Immunity. 2014;40:785-800 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ??T17 cells might be key players in human CRC progression and have the potential for treatment or prognosis prediction. ..
- Sande O, Karim A, Li Q, Ding X, Harding C, Rojas R, et al. Mannose-Capped Lipoarabinomannan from Mycobacterium tuberculosis Induces CD4+ T Cell Anergy via GRAIL. J Immunol. 2016;196:691-702 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that LAM upregulates GRAIL to induce anergy in Ag-reactive CD4(+) T cells. Induction of CD4(+) T cell anergy by LAM may represent one mechanism by which M. tuberculosis evades T cell recognition. ..
- Adamus G, Amundson D, Vainiene M, Ariail K, Machnicki M, Weinberg A, et al. Myelin basic protein specific T-helper cells induce experimental anterior uveitis. J Neurosci Res. 1996;44:513-8 pubmed..Many of those T cells were distributed in the iris and the anterior chamber. These findings indicate that these MBP-specific T cells may play a critical role in EAE as well as in AU. ..
- Lonning S, Zhang W, Leib S, McGuire T. Detection and induction of equine infectious anemia virus-specific cytotoxic T-lymphocyte responses by use of recombinant retroviral vectors. J Virol. 1999;73:2762-9 pubmed..However, the studies demonstrated that retroviral vector-transduced target cells were very effective for in vitro dissection of EIAV-specific CTL responses...
- Dong H, Zhu G, Tamada K, Chen L. B7-H1, a third member of the B7 family, co-stimulates T-cell proliferation and interleukin-10 secretion. Nat Med. 1999;5:1365-9 pubmed..Our studies thus define a previously unknown co-stimulatory molecule that may be involved in the negative regulation of cell-mediated immune responses. ..
- May K, Chen L, Zheng P, Liu Y. Anti-4-1BB monoclonal antibody enhances rejection of large tumor burden by promoting survival but not clonal expansion of tumor-specific CD8+ T cells. Cancer Res. 2002;62:3459-65 pubmed..These results indicate that anti-4-1BB mAb can promote CD8+ T cell-mediated protection against large tumors in the absence of CD4+ T-cell help by promoting P1CTL survival without increasing initial clonal expansion. ..
- Brown W, McGuire T, Mwangi W, Kegerreis K, Macmillan H, Lewin H, et al. Major histocompatibility complex class II DR-restricted memory CD4(+) T lymphocytes recognize conserved immunodominant epitopes of Anaplasma marginale major surface protein 1a. Infect Immun. 2002;70:5521-32 pubmed..The presence of multiple CD4(+) T-cell epitopes in the MSP1a HD, in addition to the neutralization-sensitive epitope, supports the testing of this immunogen for induction of protective immunity against A. marginale challenge...
- Liu Z, Lefrancois L. Intestinal epithelial antigen induces mucosal CD8 T cell tolerance, activation, and inflammatory response. J Immunol. 2004;173:4324-30 pubmed..However, when Ag is presented in the context of bacterial infection, the associated inflammatory signals drive Ag-specific CD8(+) T cells to mediate intestinal immunopathology. ..
- Williams C, Murray S, Weinberg A, Parker D. OX40-mediated differentiation to effector function requires IL-2 receptor signaling but not CD28, CD40, IL-12Rbeta2, or T-bet. J Immunol. 2007;178:7694-702 pubmed
- Norell H, Martins da Palma T, Lesher A, Kaur N, Mehrotra M, Naga O, et al. Inhibition of superoxide generation upon T-cell receptor engagement rescues Mart-1(27-35)-reactive T cells from activation-induced cell death. Cancer Res. 2009;69:6282-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, modulation of the redox pathway might improve CTL persistence and lead to better clinical results for T cell-based immunotherapies. ..
- Ray S, Chhabra A, Chakraborty N, Hegde U, Dorsky D, Chodon T, et al. MHC-I-restricted melanoma antigen specific TCR-engineered human CD4+ T cells exhibit multifunctional effector and helper responses, in vitro. Clin Immunol. 2010;136:338-47 pubmed publisher..MHC class I-restricted tumor epitope specific TCR transduced CD4+ T cells, therefore, could be useful in immunotherapeutic strategies for melanoma or other human malignancies...
- Grotzke J, Siler A, Lewinsohn D, Lewinsohn D. Secreted immunodominant Mycobacterium tuberculosis antigens are processed by the cytosolic pathway. J Immunol. 2010;185:4336-43 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data demonstrate that immunodominant M. tuberculosis CD8(+) Ags are processed and presented using a cytosolic pathway. ..
- Kraft J, Horzempa J, Davis C, Jung J, Pena M, Robinson C. Neonatal macrophages express elevated levels of interleukin-27 that oppose immune responses. Immunology. 2013;139:484-93 pubmed publisher..This suggests that blocking IL-27 during vaccination and infection may improve immune responses in newborn and infant populations. Furthermore, mice will be a suitable model system to further address these possibilities. ..
- Rogers G, Shirley J, Zolotukhin I, Kumar S, Sherman A, Perrin G, et al. Plasmacytoid and conventional dendritic cells cooperate in crosspriming AAV capsid-specific CD8+ T cells. Blood. 2017;129:3184-3195 pubmed publisher..Thus, these outcomes directly point to therapeutic interventions and demonstrate that innate immune blockade can eliminate unwanted immune responses in gene therapy. ..
- Zhong F, Davis M, McColl K, Distelhorst C. Bcl-2 differentially regulates Ca2+ signals according to the strength of T cell receptor activation. J Cell Biol. 2006;172:127-37 pubmed..Therefore, Bcl-2 selectively inhibits proapoptotic Ca2+ elevation induced by strong TCR activation without hindering prosurvival Ca2+ signals induced by weak TCR activation. ..
- Bahjat K, Liu W, Lemmens E, Schoenberger S, Portnoy D, Dubensky T, et al. Cytosolic entry controls CD8+-T-cell potency during bacterial infection. Infect Immun. 2006;74:6387-97 pubmed..These results reveal a crucial role for phagosomal escape, not for delivery of antigen to the class I major histocompatibility complex pathway but for establishing the appropriate cellular context during CD8+-T-cell priming. ..
- Ankeny D, Lucin K, Sanders V, McGaughy V, Popovich P. Spinal cord injury triggers systemic autoimmunity: evidence for chronic B lymphocyte activation and lupus-like autoantibody synthesis. J Neurochem. 2006;99:1073-87 pubmed..We show a similar pathologic potential for the autoantibodies produced after SCI. Thus, mammalian SCI produces marked dysregulation of B cell function (i.e. autoimmunity) with pathological potential. ..
- Bharhani M, Grewal J, Peppler R, Enockson C, London L, London S. Comprehensive phenotypic analysis of the gut intra-epithelial lymphocyte compartment: perturbations induced by acute reovirus 1/L infection of the gastrointestinal tract. Int Immunol. 2007;19:567-79 pubmed..These results suggest that TD IELs may play an important role in the clearance of reovirus 1/L infection from gut...
- Kousis P, Henderson B, Maier P, Gollnick S. Photodynamic therapy enhancement of antitumor immunity is regulated by neutrophils. Cancer Res. 2007;67:10501-10 pubmed..Immune-enhancing PDT regimens may then be combined with treatments that result in optimal ablation of primary tumors, thus inhibiting growth of primary tumor and controlling disseminated disease. ..
- Shameli A, Xiao W, Zheng Y, Shyu S, Sumodi J, Meyerson H, et al. A critical role for alpha-synuclein in development and function of T lymphocytes. Immunobiology. 2016;221:333-40 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate an important role for Î±-synuclein in development of T lymphocytes and regulation of their phenotype and function. ..
- Ndaw V, Abebayehu D, Spence A, Paez P, Kolawole E, Taruselli M, et al. TGF-?1 Suppresses IL-33-Induced Mast Cell Function. J Immunol. 2017;199:866-873 pubmed publisher..These findings, consistent with our previously reported effects of TGF-?1 on IgE-mediated activation, demonstrate that TGF-?1 can provide broad inhibitory signals to activated mast cells. ..
- Hensel M, Peng T, Cheng A, De Rosa S, Wald A, Laing K, et al. Selective Expression of CCR10 and CXCR3 by Circulating Human Herpes Simplex Virus-Specific CD8 T Cells. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Vaccine strategies to prime CD8 T cells to home to HSV lesions should elicit these chemokine receptors if possible to increase the homing of vaccine-primed cells to sites of infection. ..
- Dai H, Griffin N, Bolyard C, Mao H, Zhang J, Cripe T, et al. The Fc Domain of Immunoglobulin Is Sufficient to Bridge NK Cells with Virally Infected Cells. Immunity. 2017;47:159-170.e10 pubmed publisher..This mechanism also explains how bacterial IgG-binding proteins regulate NK cell function and may be broadly applicable to Fc?-receptor-bearing cells. ..
- Helfand S, Modiano J, Nowell P. Immunophysiological studies of interleukin-2 and canine lymphocytes. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 1992;33:1-16 pubmed..Concurrently, the in vitro mitogenic response of this dog's PBL to hrIL-2 occurred earlier, possibly reflecting an increase in the relative number of IL-2-responsive cells within the PBL population. ..
- Jiang G, Ke Y, Sun D, Han G, Kaplan H, Shao H. Reactivation of uveitogenic T cells by retinal astrocytes derived from experimental autoimmune uveitis-prone B10RIII mice. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:282-9 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that the RACs in EAU-prone mice contribute to the reactivation of pathogenic T cells in the eye, leading to intraocular inflammation and tissue damage. ..
- Nakayama Y, Kim S, Kim E, Lambris J, Sandor M, Suresh M. C3 promotes expansion of CD8+ and CD4+ T cells in a Listeria monocytogenes infection. J Immunol. 2009;183:2921-31 pubmed publisher..These studies have furthered our understanding of C3-mediated regulation of T cell immunity to intracellular pathogens. ..
- Hegde S, Fox L, Wang X, Gumperz J. Autoreactive natural killer T cells: promoting immune protection and immune tolerance through varied interactions with myeloid antigen-presenting cells. Immunology. 2010;130:471-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, NKT cells may actively promote tolerance until a critical level of danger signals arises, at which point they switch to activating pro-inflammatory immune responses. ..
- Huddleston C, Weinberg A, Parker D. OX40 (CD134) engagement drives differentiation of CD4+ T cells to effector cells. Eur J Immunol. 2006;36:1093-103 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that CD4+ T cell differentiation to effector function is an important effect of OX40 engagement under conditions of ubiquitous antigen presentation. ..
- Breathnach C, Sturgill Wright T, Stiltner J, Adams A, Lunn D, Horohov D. Foals are interferon gamma-deficient at birth. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2006;112:199-209 pubmed..These findings suggest that foals are born with an inherent inability to mount a Th1-based cell mediated immune response which may contribute to their susceptibility to intracellular pathogens. ..
- Gomez T, McCarney S, Carrizosa E, Labno C, Comiskey E, Nolz J, et al. HS1 functions as an essential actin-regulatory adaptor protein at the immune synapse. Immunity. 2006;24:741-52 pubmed..Taken together, our studies show that HS1 is indispensable for signaling events leading to actin assembly and IL-2 production during T cell activation. ..
- Sharma M, Baban B, Chandler P, Hou D, Singh N, Yagita H, et al. Plasmacytoid dendritic cells from mouse tumor-draining lymph nodes directly activate mature Tregs via indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:2570-82 pubmed..We hypothesize that IDO+ pDCs create a profoundly suppressive microenvironment within tumor-draining LNs via constitutive activation of Tregs. ..
- Nimmanapalli R, Sharmila C, Reddy P. Immunomodulation of caprine lentiviral infection by interleukin-16. Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis. 2010;33:529-36 pubmed publisher..Combined with our previously reported data, these experiments suggest that increased IL-16 expression during CAEV infection may inhibit viral integration. ..
- Becker J, Olson B, Johnson L, Davies J, Dunphy E, McNeel D. DNA vaccine encoding prostatic acid phosphatase (PAP) elicits long-term T-cell responses in patients with recurrent prostate cancer. J Immunother. 2010;33:639-47 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these results suggest that DNA vaccines targeting PAP could potentially be combined in heterologous immunization strategies with other vaccines to further augment PAP-specific T-cell immunity. ..
- Muthusamy N, Chen H, Rajgolikar G, Butz K, Frissora F, Gronostajski R. Recombination activation gene-2-deficient blastocyst complementation analysis reveals an essential role for nuclear factor I-A transcription factor in T-cell activation. Int Immunol. 2011;23:385-90 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate for the first time a requirement for the NFI-A transcription factor in antigen receptor-induced T-cell activation events. ..
- D Souza W, Lefrancois L. IL-2 is not required for the initiation of CD8 T cell cycling but sustains expansion. J Immunol. 2003;171:5727-35 pubmed..Thus, activated CD8 T cells initially undergo IL-2-independent proliferation, but reach a critical juncture where the requirement for IL-2 as a growth factor gains prominence. ..