Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on lymphocyte activation in India
Topic: lymphocyte activation
- Ahmed A, Mukherjee S, Deobagkar M, Naik T, Nandi D. Rapid burst of H2O2 by plant growth regulators increases intracellular Ca2+ amounts and modulates CD4+ T cell activation. Int Immunopharmacol. 2010;10:1397-405 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the direct effects of three plant growth regulators on CD4(+) T cell activation and cycling. ..
- Vedi S, Dangi A, Hajela K, Misra Bhattacharya S. Vaccination with 73kDa recombinant heavy chain myosin generates high level of protection against Brugia malayi challenge in jird and mastomys models. Vaccine. 2008;26:5997-6005 pubmed publisher..The present study indicates that the recombinant B. malayi myosin is a promising vaccine candidate against human lymphatic filarial infection. ..
- Guruvayoorappan C, Kuttan G. Effect of Biophytum sensitivum on cell-mediated immune response in mice. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2007;29:337-50 pubmed..6% cell lysis, on day 15) and tumor bearing animals (26.4% cell lysis, on day 15). Results of our present study suggest the immunomodulatory property of Biophytum sensitivum. ..
- Dabir P, Dabir S, Krithika K, Goswami K, Reddy M. Immunoprophylactic evaluation of a 37-kDa Brugia malayi recombinant antigen in lymphatic filariasis. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2006;12:361-8 pubmed..001). Significantly enhanced levels of IFN-gamma in the culture supernatant of peripheral blood mononuclear cells of endemic normal sera after stimulation with Bm-SL3 suggest that the cellular response in this group may have a Th1 bias. ..
- Lal G, Shaila M, Nayak R. Activated mouse T-cells synthesize MHC class II, process, and present morbillivirus nucleocapsid protein to primed T-cells. Cell Immunol. 2005;234:133-45 pubmed..The presentation of antigen by T-cells may have implications in immuno-regulation, control of infection by lymphotropic viruses and maintenance of immunological memory. ..
- Tripathi S, Maiti T. Immunomodulatory role of native and heat denatured agglutinin from Abrus precatorius. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2005;37:451-62 pubmed..Proliferation of thymocytes by NA and HDA was also observed. This study indicates that Abrus agglutinin could be a potential immunomodulator both in native as well as in heat denatured form...
- Alli R, Khar A. Interleukin-12 secreted by mature dendritic cells mediates activation of NK cell function. FEBS Lett. 2004;559:71-6 pubmed..Adoptive transfer of DCs isolated from tumor-bearing animals into normal rats also induced activation of NK cells in normal animals. ..
- Ghosh D, Bhutia S, Mallick S, Banerjee I, Maiti T. Stimulation of murine B and T lymphocytes by native and heat-denatured Abrus agglutinin. Immunobiology. 2009;214:227-34 pubmed publisher..37 and 4.2 times more than control. This study indicates Abrus agglutinin (NA and HDA) acts as a B cell and T cell stimulator...
- Khan S, Malik F, Suri K, Singh J. Molecular insight into the immune up-regulatory properties of the leaf extract of Ashwagandha and identification of Th1 immunostimulatory chemical entity. Vaccine. 2009;27:6080-7 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate the possible usefulness of WSL and its major constituent WSL-2 as Th1 immune adjuvants for chronic infectious ailments where patients suffer from weakened Th1 immunity. ..
- SundarRaj S, Soni C, Karande A. Glycodelin A triggers T cell apoptosis through a novel calcium-independent galactose-binding lectin activity. Mol Immunol. 2009;46:3411-9 pubmed publisher..This study, for the first time, links the lectin activity of GdA to its biological function. ..
- Banerjee P, Vinay D, Mathew A, Raje M, Parekh V, Prasad D, et al. Evidence that glycoprotein 96 (B2), a stress protein, functions as a Th2-specific costimulatory molecule. J Immunol. 2002;169:3507-18 pubmed..Notably, the expression of CD91 (receptor of gp96/B2) is up-regulated on anti-CD3-activated Th cells and also found to be present on Th1 and Th2 subsets. ..
- Bhargava A, Mishra D, Banerjee S, Mishra P. Dendritic cell engineering for tumor immunotherapy: from biology to clinical translation. Immunotherapy. 2012;4:703-18 pubmed publisher..It also showcases certain practical intricacies in order to explore novel strategies for providing new impetus to DC-based cancer vaccination. ..
- Sinnathamby G, Naik S, Renukaradhya G, Rajasekhar M, Nayak R, Shaila M. Recombinant hemagglutinin protein of rinderpest virus expressed in insect cells induces humoral and cell mediated immune responses in cattle. Vaccine. 2001;19:3870-6 pubmed
- Bughani U, Saha A, Kuriakose A, Nair R, Sadashivarao R, Venkataraman R, et al. T cell activation and differentiation is modulated by a CD6 domain 1 antibody Itolizumab. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180088 pubmed publisher..These results position CD6 as a key molecule in sustaining the activation and differentiation of T cells and an important target for modulating autoimmune diseases. ..
- Narayana Y, Joshi B, Katoch V, Mishra K, Balaji K. Differential B-cell responses are induced by Mycobacterium tuberculosis PE antigens Rv1169c, Rv0978c, and Rv1818c. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2007;14:1334-41 pubmed
- Shroff K, Sengupta S, Kamat R. Route-related variation in immunogenicity of mycobacteria. Int J Lepr Other Mycobact Dis. 1990;58:44-9 pubmed..These findings are significant because M. leprae has been reported to be antigenically similar to M. vaccae, and the response of mice to i.p. immunization with both of these mycobacteria is very similar...
- Parekh V, Prasad D, Banerjee P, Joshi B, Kumar A, Mishra G. B cells activated by lipopolysaccharide, but not by anti-Ig and anti-CD40 antibody, induce anergy in CD8+ T cells: role of TGF-beta 1. J Immunol. 2003;170:5897-911 pubmed..Therefore, this study, for the first time, provides a novel mechanism of B cell surface TGF-beta1-mediated hyporesponsiveness leading to anergy of CD8(+) T cells. ..
- Mukherjee S, Maiti P, Nandi D. Role of CD80, CD86, and CTLA4 on mouse CD4(+) T lymphocytes in enhancing cell-cycle progression and survival after activation with PMA and ionomycin. J Leukoc Biol. 2002;72:921-31 pubmed..This study reveals a functional role for CD80, CD86, and CTLA4 on CD4(+) T lymphocytes and sheds light on the mechanisms by which these molecules enhance activation and survival with PMA and ionomycin. ..