Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on lymph nodes in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: lymph nodes
Publications333 found, 100 shown here
- Ellis R, Seifert P, Neal C, Pavolka K, Mann J, Malafa M, et al. Periareolar injection for localization of sentinel nodes in breast cancer patients. Breast J. 2004;10:94-100 pubmed..Preoperative lymphoscintigraphy aids in the identification and surgical planning of sentinel node biopsy and provides an objective measure of surgical performance. ..
- Anis M, Fulton S, Reba S, Harding C, Boom W. Modulation of naive CD4+ T-cell responses to an airway antigen during pulmonary mycobacterial infection. Infect Immun. 2007;75:2260-8 pubmed
- Rosa M, Sahoo S. Bilateral carotid body tumor: the role of fine-needle aspiration biopsy in the preoperative diagnosis. Diagn Cytopathol. 2008;36:178-80 pubmed publisher..In this report we discuss the cytological findings of a malignant CBT diagnosed by FNAB in a 22 year-old female...
- Chera B, Vargas C, Morris C, Louis D, Flampouri S, Yeung D, et al. Dosimetric study of pelvic proton radiotherapy for high-risk prostate cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009;75:994-1002 pubmed publisher..When treating the prostate, seminal vesicles, and pelvic lymph nodes in prostate cancer, proton therapy may improve the therapeutic ratio beyond what is possible with IMRT. ..
- Roberts M, Hong C, Edge S, Yao S, Bshara W, Higgins M, et al. Case-only analyses of the associations between polymorphisms in the metastasis-modifying genes BRMS1 and SIPA1 and breast tumor characteristics, lymph node metastasis, and survival. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2013;139:873-85 pubmed publisher..Future evaluation of metastasis-modifying gene variants is necessary to better understand the biology of metastasis. ..
- Chamberlin M, Eltabbakh G, Mount S, Leavitt B. Metastatic serous borderline ovarian tumor in an internal mammary lymph node: a case report and review of the literature. Gynecol Oncol. 2001;82:212-5 pubmed..Borderline ovarian tumors should be included in the differential diagnosis of metastatic adenocarcinoma involving the supradiaphragmatic lymph nodes. ..
- Jump R, Levine A. Murine Peyer's patches favor development of an IL-10-secreting, regulatory T cell population. J Immunol. 2002;168:6113-9 pubmed
- Guru K, Sternberg K, Wilding G, Tan W, Butt Z, Mohler J, et al. The lymph node yield during robot-assisted radical cystectomy. BJU Int. 2008;102:231-4; discussion 234 pubmed publisher..Robot-assisted RC with pelvic LND was performed safely. LNY was oncologically acceptable and increased with experience. ..
- Andres A, Cherbas P. Tissue-specific ecdysone responses: regulation of the Drosophila genes Eip28/29 and Eip40 during larval development. Development. 1992;116:865-76 pubmed..The similarities been Eip28/29 and Eip40 regulation in the lymph gland and Kc cells support the idea that Kc cells are derived from a hematopoietic ancestor. ..
- Mueller P, Edson R. Disseminated Mycobacterium abscessus infection manifesting as fever of unknown origin and intra-abdominal lymphadenitis: case report and literature review. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2001;39:33-7 pubmed..Our patient responded well to amikacin and clarithromycin therapy. We also review the literature related to the diagnosis and management of this uncommon disease...
- Baronas E, Lee J, Alden C, Hsieh F. Biomarkers to monitor drug-induced phospholipidosis. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2007;218:72-8 pubmed..Rats treated with gentamicin also had increased urinary levels of several phosphatidylinositol (PI), phosphatidylcholine (PC), and phosphatidylethanolamine (PE) species. ..
- Cerfolio R, Bryant A. Ratio of the maximum standardized uptake value on FDG-PET of the mediastinal (N2) lymph nodes to the primary tumor may be a universal predictor of nodal malignancy in patients with nonsmall-cell lung cancer. Ann Thorac Surg. 2007;83:1826-9; discussion 1829-30 pubmed..When the ratio is 0.56 or greater, there is a 94% chance that the node is malignant. The ratio may take into account the different techniques used at different centers. ..
- Vincent B, El Bayoumi E, Hoffman B, Doelken P, DeRosimo J, Reed C, et al. Real-time endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial lymph node aspiration. Ann Thorac Surg. 2008;85:224-30 pubmed..Thoracic surgeons and pulmonologists are well positioned to use this tool in everyday practice. ..
- Li H, Sullivan D, Feuerborn N, McArdle S, Bekele K, Pal S, et al. Genetic diversity of hepatitis C virus predicts recurrent disease after liver transplantation. Virology. 2010;402:248-55 pubmed publisher..004). Meanwhile, pre-transplant genetic differences between serum and liver were related to a higher likelihood of development of mild recurrent disease after transplant (p=0.039). ..
- Mamounas E, Anderson S, Dignam J, Bear H, Julian T, Geyer C, et al. Predictors of locoregional recurrence after neoadjuvant chemotherapy: results from combined analysis of National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project B-18 and B-27. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30:3960-6 pubmed publisher..In patients treated with NC, age, clinical tumor characteristics before NC, and pathologic nodal status/breast tumor response after NC can be used to predict risk for LRR and to optimize the use of adjuvant radiotherapy. ..
- Yarmus L, Akulian J, Lechtzin N, Yasin F, Kamdar B, Ernst A, et al. Comparison of 21-gauge and 22-gauge aspiration needle in endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration: results of the American College of Chest Physicians Quality Improvement Registry, Education, and Evaluation Registry. Chest. 2013;143:1036-1043 pubmed publisher..EBUS-TBNA in conjunction with rapid onsite cytologic evaluation and a 21G needle is associated with fewer needle passes compared with a 22G needle. ..
- Parikh S, Sadoughi B, Sin S, Willen S, Nandalike K, Arens R. Deep cervical lymph node hypertrophy: a new paradigm in the understanding of pediatric obstructive sleep apnea. Laryngoscope. 2013;123:2043-9 pubmed publisher..To determine if adenotonsillar hypertrophy is an isolated factor in pediatric obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), or if it is part of larger spectrum of cervical lymphoid hypertrophy...
- Boughey J, Suman V, Mittendorf E, Ahrendt G, Wilke L, Taback B, et al. Sentinel lymph node surgery after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with node-positive breast cancer: the ACOSOG Z1071 (Alliance) clinical trial. JAMA. 2013;310:1455-61 pubmed publisher..The application of SLN surgery for staging the axilla following chemotherapy for women who initially had node-positive cN1 breast cancer is unclear because of high false-negative results reported in previous studies...
- Liu H, Moynihan K, Zheng Y, Szeto G, Li A, Huang B, et al. Structure-based programming of lymph-node targeting in molecular vaccines. Nature. 2014;507:519-22 pubmed publisher..Amph-vaccines provide a simple, broadly applicable strategy to simultaneously increase the potency and safety of subunit vaccines. ..
- Brown H, Macon W, Kurtin P, Gibson L. Cutaneous involvement by angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma with remarkable heterogeneous Epstein-Barr virus expression. J Cutan Pathol. 2001;28:432-8 pubmed..To our knowledge, this case is the most extensive and heterogeneous expression of EBV in cutaneous AILD T-NHL to date. ..
- Eruslanov E, Kaliberov S, Daurkin I, Kaliberova L, Buchsbaum D, Vieweg J, et al. Altered expression of 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase in tumor-infiltrated CD11b myeloid cells: a mechanism for immune evasion in cancer. J Immunol. 2009;182:7548-57 pubmed publisher..This study for the first time demonstrates an important role of the 15-PGDH in regulation of local antitumor immune response and highlights the potential to be implemented to enhance the efficacy of cancer therapy and immunotherapy. ..
- Salter K, Andersen P, Cohen J, Schuff K, Lester L, Shindo M, et al. Central nodal metastases in papillary thyroid carcinoma based on tumor histologic type and focality. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2010;136:692-6 pubmed publisher..Additional studies are warranted to determine the extent of CND in patients with and without known multifocal disease and to determine the role of CND in patients with FVPTC. ..
- Wang Memoli J, El Bayoumi E, Pastis N, Tanner N, Gomez M, Huggins J, et al. Using endobronchial ultrasound features to predict lymph node metastasis in patients with lung cancer. Chest. 2011;140:1550-1556 pubmed publisher..Further, increasing the number of samples taken is unlikely to significantly improve sensitivity. ..
- Calaluce R, Miedema B, Yesus Y. Micrometastasis in colorectal carcinoma: a review. J Surg Oncol. 1998;67:194-202 pubmed..Molecular diagnostics can also determine genetic alterations and mutations that should improve our understanding of metastatic colon cancer and staging accuracy. ..
- Kennedy M, Glaccum M, Brown S, Butz E, Viney J, Embers M, et al. Reversible defects in natural killer and memory CD8 T cell lineages in interleukin 15-deficient mice. J Exp Med. 2000;191:771-80 pubmed..Moreover, the ability to rescue lymphoid defects in IL-15(-/-) mice by IL-15 administration represents a powerful means by which to further elucidate the biological roles of this cytokine. ..
- Flaherty D, Vesosky B, Beamer G, Stromberg P, Turner J. Exposure to Mycobacterium avium can modulate established immunity against Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection generated by Mycobacterium bovis BCG vaccination. J Leukoc Biol. 2006;80:1262-71 pubmed..These findings are relevant for the development of a vaccine administered in regions with elevated levels of environmental mycobacteria. ..
- Muralimohan G, Vella A. A role for IFNgamma in differential superantigen stimulation of conventional versus plasmacytoid DCs. Cell Immunol. 2006;242:9-22 pubmed
- Lederer S, Favre D, Walters K, Proll S, Kanwar B, Kasakow Z, et al. Transcriptional profiling in pathogenic and non-pathogenic SIV infections reveals significant distinctions in kinetics and tissue compartmentalization. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000296 pubmed publisher..These patterns provide a unique view of how host responses differ depending upon lentiviral infection outcome. ..
- Liu Q, Sundar K, Mishra P, Mousavi G, Liu Z, Gaydo A, et al. Helminth infection can reduce insulitis and type 1 diabetes through CD25- and IL-10-independent mechanisms. Infect Immun. 2009;77:5347-58 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that infection with H. polygyrus significantly inhibits T1D in NOD mice through CD25- and IL-10-independent mechanisms and also reduces the severity of T1D when administered late after the onset of insulitis...
- Marcinow A, Hall N, Byrum E, Teknos T, Old M, Agrawal A. Use of a novel receptor-targeted (CD206) radiotracer, 99mTc-tilmanocept, and SPECT/CT for sentinel lymph node detection in oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma: initial institutional report in an ongoing phase 3 study. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013;139:895-902 pubmed publisher..Use of SPECT/CT improves preoperative SLN localization including delineation of SLN locations near the primary tumor when compared with planar LS imaging. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT00911326. ..
- He Z, Ma J, Wang R, Zhang J, Huang Z, Wang F, et al. A two-amino-acid substitution in the transcription factor RORγt disrupts its function in TH17 differentiation but not in thymocyte development. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:1128-1138 pubmed publisher..This study will inform the development of treatments that selectively target TH17 cell-mediated autoimmunity but do not affect thymocyte development or induce lymphoma. ..
- Caamaño J, Rizzo C, Durham S, Barton D, Raventos Suarez C, Snapper C, et al. Nuclear factor (NF)-kappa B2 (p100/p52) is required for normal splenic microarchitecture and B cell-mediated immune responses. J Exp Med. 1998;187:185-96 pubmed..These findings indicate an important role of NF-kappa B2 in the maintenance of the peripheral B cell population, humoral responses, and normal spleen architecture. ..
- Stephens E, McCormick C, Pacyniak E, Griffin D, Pinson D, Sun F, et al. Deletion of the vpu sequences prior to the env in a simian-human immunodeficiency virus results in enhanced Env precursor synthesis but is less pathogenic for pig-tailed macaques. Virology. 2002;293:252-61 pubmed..The results of these studies indicate that the Vpu coding sequences upstream of Env may attenuate the level of Env precursor biosynthesis but significantly contribute to the pathogenesis of this SHIV in pig-tailed macaques. ..
- Fazal N, Choudhry M, Sayeed M. Inhibition of T cell MAPKs (Erk 1/2, p38) with thermal injury is related to down-regulation of Ca2+ signaling. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1741:113-9 pubmed..This finding suggests that T cell signaling derangements with thermal injury involve an altered cross-talk between Ca(2+) mobilization and MAPK signaling mechanisms. ..
- Rudra D, Egawa T, Chong M, Treuting P, Littman D, Rudensky A. Runx-CBFbeta complexes control expression of the transcription factor Foxp3 in regulatory T cells. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:1170-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, Runx-CBFbeta complexes maintain stable high expression of Foxp3 and serve as an essential determinant of T(reg) cell lineage stability. ..
- Bagby T, Duan S, Cai S, Yang Q, Thati S, Berkland C, et al. Lymphatic trafficking kinetics and near-infrared imaging using star polymer architectures with controlled anionic character. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2012;47:287-94 pubmed publisher..These polymer conjugates can deliver drugs or imaging agents with rapid lymphatic uptake and prolonged deep-nodal retention; thus they may provide a useful vehicle for sustained intralymphatic drug delivery with low toxicity. ..
- Eil R, Diggs B, Wang S, Dolan J, Hunter J, Thomas C. Nomogram for predicting the benefit of neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy for patients with esophageal cancer: a SEER-Medicare analysis. Cancer. 2014;120:492-8 pubmed publisher..Patients with T4 or lymph node disease appeared to benefit from CRT. This nomogram may underestimate the benefit of CRT due to its variable downstaging effect on pathologic stage. It is available at skynet.ohsu.edu/nomograms. ..
- Martin J, Durbin E, Chen L, Gál T, Mahan A, Ferraris V, et al. Nodal Upstaging During Lung Cancer Resection Is Associated With Surgical Approach. Ann Thorac Surg. 2016;101:238-44; discussion 44-5 pubmed publisher..Although selection bias may play a role in these observed differences, the improved quality of life measures associated with VATS may explain survival improvement despite lower surgical upstaging. ..
- Buchanan T, Pierce J, Graybill W, Kohler M, Creasman W. Why do we continue to overtreat stage Ia carcinoma of the cervix?. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017;217:413-417 pubmed publisher..It is the recommendation based on all reviewed data that radical hysterectomy should no longer be considered standard of care in all cases of stage Ia2 cervical cancer. ..
- Heinzel F, Maier R. Interleukin-4-independent acceleration of cutaneous leishmaniasis in susceptible BALB/c mice following treatment with anti-CTLA4 antibody. Infect Immun. 1999;67:6454-60 pubmed..We conclude that CTLA4 significantly modulates Th2 development in murine leishmaniasis and that the Th2-polarizing effects of anti-CTLA4 treatment result in IL-4-independent exacerbation of disease. ..
- Brunkow M, Jeffery E, Hjerrild K, Paeper B, Clark L, Yasayko S, et al. Disruption of a new forkhead/winged-helix protein, scurfin, results in the fatal lymphoproliferative disorder of the scurfy mouse. Nat Genet. 2001;27:68-73 pubmed..In sf mice, a frameshift mutation results in a product lacking the forkhead domain. Genetic complementation demonstrates that the protein product of Foxp3, scurfin, is essential for normal immune homeostasis. ..
- Lednicky J, Dubach J, Kinsel M, Meehan T, Bocchetta M, Hungerford L, et al. Genetically distant American Canine distemper virus lineages have recently caused epizootics with somewhat different characteristics in raccoons living around a large suburban zoo in the USA. Virol J. 2004;1:2 pubmed..Our findings establish a precedent for determining whether the perceived differences in mortality rates are actual and attributable in part to inherent differences between CDV strains arising from different CDV lineages. ..
- Krakowka S, Ellis J, McNeilly F, Waldner C, Allan G. Features of porcine circovirus-2 disease: correlations between lesions, amount and distribution of virus, and clinical outcome. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2005;17:213-22 pubmed..The results of this study confirm that viral burden in PCV-2-infected tissues, specifically lymphoid tissues and liver, directly correlate with severity of clinical disease expression in PCV-2 infected swine. ..
- Broderick L, Brooks S, Takita H, Baer A, Bernstein J, Bankert R. IL-12 reverses anergy to T cell receptor triggering in human lung tumor-associated memory T cells. Clin Immunol. 2006;118:159-69 pubmed
- Freud A, Yokohama A, Becknell B, Lee M, Mao H, Ferketich A, et al. Evidence for discrete stages of human natural killer cell differentiation in vivo. J Exp Med. 2006;203:1033-43 pubmed
- Sharma M, Baban B, Chandler P, Hou D, Singh N, Yagita H, et al. Plasmacytoid dendritic cells from mouse tumor-draining lymph nodes directly activate mature Tregs via indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:2570-82 pubmed..We hypothesize that IDO+ pDCs create a profoundly suppressive microenvironment within tumor-draining LNs via constitutive activation of Tregs. ..
- Feinen B, Jerse A, Gaffen S, Russell M. Critical role of Th17 responses in a murine model of Neisseria gonorrhoeae genital infection. Mucosal Immunol. 2010;3:312-21 pubmed publisher..gonorrhoeae. These results imply a crucial role for IL-17 and Th17 cells in the immune response to N. gonorrhoeae. ..
- Kulkarni M, Barbi J, McMaster W, Gallo R, Satoskar A, McGwire B. Mammalian antimicrobial peptide influences control of cutaneous Leishmania infection. Cell Microbiol. 2011;13:913-23 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the interplay of antimicrobial peptides and Leishmania that influence the host immune response and the outcome of infection. ..
- Kurkjian C, Hollifield M, Lines J, Rogosky A, Empey K, Qureshi M, et al. Alveolar macrophages in neonatal mice are inherently unresponsive to Pneumocystis murina infection. Infect Immun. 2012;80:2835-46 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that there is an early unresponsiveness of neonatal alveolar macrophages to Pneumocystis infection that is both intrinsic and related to the immunosuppressive environment found in neonatal lungs...
- Maraskovsky E, O Reilly L, Teepe M, Corcoran L, Peschon J, Strasser A. Bcl-2 can rescue T lymphocyte development in interleukin-7 receptor-deficient mice but not in mutant rag-1-/- mice. Cell. 1997;89:1011-9 pubmed..These results provide evidence that blocking apoptosis is the essential function of IL-7R during differentiation and activation of T lymphocytes and that pre-TCR signaling blocks a pathway to apoptosis that is insensitive to Bcl-2. ..
- Anderson P, Rouleau J, Bryan V, Carlson C. Wear analysis of the Bryan Cervical Disc prosthesis. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2003;28:S186-94 pubmed..No wear material was found distant from the implant in draining lymph tissue, the liver, or the spleen. The Bryan disc has satisfactory wear characteristics and does not produce a significant inflammatory response. ..
- Gilroy J, Amdur R, Louis D, Li J, Mendenhall W. Irradiating the groin nodes without breaking a leg: a comparison of techniques for groin node irradiation. Med Dosim. 2004;29:258-64 pubmed..In our opinion, this is an acceptable price to pay for reliable node coverage, setup simplicity, and zero risk of overdose at field junctions. ..
- Alpert T, Morbidini Gaffney S, Chung C, Bogart J, Hahn S, Hsu J, et al. Radiotherapy for the clinically negative neck in supraglottic laryngeal cancer. Cancer J. 2004;10:335-8 pubmed..Prospective trials are necessary to further define the role of radiotherapy in this patient population. ..
- Richards G, Tome W, Robins H, Stewart J, Welsh J, Mahler P, et al. Pulsed reduced dose-rate radiotherapy: a novel locoregional retreatment strategy for breast cancer recurrence in the previously irradiated chest wall, axilla, or supraclavicular region. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2009;114:307-13 pubmed publisher..With a median follow-up of 18 months, PRDR appears to be an effective method to reirradiate large volumes of previously irradiated tissue in selected patients with locoregional chest wall, axilla, and supraclavicular recurrences. ..
- Wulff B, Kusewitt D, Vanbuskirk A, Thomas Ahner J, Duncan F, Oberyszyn T. Sirolimus reduces the incidence and progression of UVB-induced skin cancer in SKH mice even with co-administration of cyclosporine A. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:2467-73 pubmed publisher..JID JOURNAL CLUB ARTICLE: For questions, answers, and open discussion about this article please go to http://network.nature.com/group/jidclub ..
- Krag D, Harlow S, Weaver D, Ashikaga T. Radiolabeled sentinel node biopsy: collaborative trial with the National Cancer Institute. World J Surg. 2001;25:823-8 pubmed..Major endpoints of this trial include long-term regional control and survival...
- Vander Noot M, Eloubeidi M, Chen V, Eltoum I, Jhala D, Jhala N, et al. Diagnosis of gastrointestinal tract lesions by endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy. Cancer. 2004;102:157-63 pubmed..EUS-FNA provides accurate tissue diagnosis in a wide variety of extraintestinal mass lesions and intramural GI tumors, particularly in patients for whom previous endoscopic forceps biopsy was unsuccessful in establishing a diagnosis. ..
- Monson J, Donohue J, McIlrath D, Farnell M, Ilstrup D. Total gastrectomy for advanced cancer. A worthwhile palliative procedure. Cancer. 1991;68:1863-8 pubmed..It was concluded that TG is a worthwhile procedure for selected patients, even in the presence of advanced disease, providing prolongation of good quality of life with low morbidity and mortality. ..
- Criley J, Carty A, Besch Williford C, Franklin C. Coxiella burnetii infection in C.B-17 scid-bg mice xenotransplanted with fetal bovine tissue. Comp Med. 2001;51:357-60 pubmed..These results highlight the need to consider infective agents of the donor species when working with xenografted animals. ..
- Lee J, Dalton R, Messina J, Sharma M, Smith D, Burgess R, et al. Pattern of recruitment of immunoregulatory antigen-presenting cells in malignant melanoma. Lab Invest. 2003;83:1457-66 pubmed
- Deboy C, Xin J, Byram S, Serpe C, Sanders V, Jones K. Immune-mediated neuroprotection of axotomized mouse facial motoneurons is dependent on the IL-4/STAT6 signaling pathway in CD4(+) T cells. Exp Neurol. 2006;201:212-24 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest that STAT6-mediated CD4(+) T cell differentiation into the Th2 subset is necessary for FMN survival. A hypothesis relevant to motoneuron disease progression is presented. ..
- Toichi E, Lu K, Swick A, McCormick T, Cooper K. Skin-infiltrating monocytes/macrophages migrate to draining lymph nodes and produce IL-10 after contact sensitizer exposure to UV-irradiated skin. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:2705-15 pubmed publisher..Production of IL-10 by migrating macrophages, in conjunction with IL-12 inhibition in the DLN, likely reflects a role as mobile suppressive mediators for locally induced UV tolerance. ..
- Lawrence J, Vanderhoek M, Barbee D, Jeraj R, Tumas D, Vail D. Use of 3'-deoxy-3'-[18F]fluorothymidine PET/CT for evaluating response to cytotoxic chemotherapy in dogs with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. 2009;50:660-8 pubmed
- Dziennis S, Mader S, Akiyoshi K, Ren X, Ayala P, Burrows G, et al. Therapy with recombinant T-cell receptor ligand reduces infarct size and infiltrating inflammatory cells in brain after middle cerebral artery occlusion in mice. Metab Brain Dis. 2011;26:123-33 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate effective treatment of experimental stroke with RTL551 within a therapeutically relevant 4 h time window through immune regulation of myelin-reactive inflammatory T-cells. ..
- Ransohoff R, Engelhardt B. The anatomical and cellular basis of immune surveillance in the central nervous system. Nat Rev Immunol. 2012;12:623-35 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we propose a new model to explain how antigen-specific T cell responses occur in the CNS. ..
- Wang W, Goldman L, Schleider D, Appenheimer M, Subjeck J, Repasky E, et al. Fever-range hyperthermia enhances L-selectin-dependent adhesion of lymphocytes to vascular endothelium. J Immunol. 1998;160:961-9 pubmed..Taken together, these data provide new insight into the potential physiologic role of the febrile response in enhancing lymphocyte recruitment to tissues through the regulation of L-selectin adhesion. ..
- Latimer P, Menchaca M, Snyder R, Yu W, Gilbert B, Sanders B, et al. Aerosol delivery of liposomal formulated paclitaxel and vitamin E analog reduces murine mammary tumor burden and metastases. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2009;234:1244-52 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, sequential inhalation delivery of liposomal-formulated paclitaxel and alpha-TEA produces significantly better anti-tumor outcomes than single treatments. ..
- Rowland R. The interaction between PRRSV and the late gestation pig fetus. Virus Res. 2010;154:114-22 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, fetal pathology may not be a direct result of virus replication in the fetus...
- Escobar P, Fader A, Rasool N, Espalliat L. Single-port laparoscopic pelvic and para-aortic lymph node sampling or lymphadenectomy: development of a technique and instrumentation. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2010;20:1268-73 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to better define the ideal gynecologic oncology procedures for single-site surgery and to assess the relative benefits of this new technique compared with more conventional minimally invasive approaches. ..
- Wahner Roedler D, Reynolds C, Boughey J. Collision tumors with synchronous presentation of breast carcinoma and lymphoproliferative disorders in the axillary nodes of patients with newly diagnosed breast cancer: a case series. Clin Breast Cancer. 2011;11:61-6 pubmed publisher..Awareness and diagnosis of such collision tumors will lead to appropriate management of each malignancy. ..
- Crouser E, Julian M, Crawford M, Shao G, Yu L, Planck S, et al. Differential expression of microRNA and predicted targets in pulmonary sarcoidosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;417:886-91 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that miRNA regulate TGF? and related WNT pathways in sarcoidosis tissues, pathways previously incriminated in the pathogenesis of sarcoidosis. ..
- Berger C, Berger M, Beard B, Kiem H, Gooley T, Riddell S. Proliferation-linked apoptosis of adoptively transferred T cells after IL-15 administration in macaques. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56268 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that homeostatic mechanisms that regulate T cell numbers may interfere with strategies to augment a high-level T cell response by adoptive transfer of CD8(+) T(CM/E) cells in lymphoreplete hosts. ..
- Lee C, Wilkinson K, Sheka A, Leverson G, Kennedy G. The Log Odds of Positive Lymph Nodes Stratifies and Predicts Survival of High-Risk Individuals Among Stage III Rectal Cancer Patients. Oncologist. 2016;21:425-32 pubmed publisher..This formula allows clinicians to identify whether patients with clinically aggressive tumors fall into higher-risk groups, providing additional insight into how to better counsel patients and manage postoperative therapies. ..
- Yendamuri S, Battoo A, Dy G, Chen H, Gomez J, Singh A, et al. Transcervical Extended Mediastinal Lymphadenectomy: Experience From a North American Cancer Center. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:1644-1649 pubmed publisher..TEMLA is a safe procedure and superior to PET-CT for restaging of the mediastinum after neoadjuvant therapy for non-small cell lung cancer. However, this increased accuracy comes with a high postoperative pneumonia rate. ..
- Osta W, Chen Y, Mikhitarian K, Mitas M, Salem M, Hannun Y, et al. EpCAM is overexpressed in breast cancer and is a potential target for breast cancer gene therapy. Cancer Res. 2004;64:5818-24 pubmed..These data provide compelling evidence that EpCAM is a potential novel target for breast cancer gene therapy and offer insights into the mechanisms associated with EpCAM gene silencing. ..
- Duan B, Croker B, Morel L. Lupus resistance is associated with marginal zone abnormalities in an NZM murine model. Lab Invest. 2007;87:14-28 pubmed..The TAN strain thus provides a novel model for the analysis of the genetic determinants of B-cell autoreactivity. ..
- Becker M, Martin T, Doyle T, Rose C. Interstitial pneumonitis in Blau syndrome with documented mutation in CARD15. Arthritis Rheum. 2007;56:1292-4 pubmed..This case illustrates the continued evolution of the phenotype of a disease initially conceived as a familial inflammatory granulomatous disease limited to the triad of synovitis, dermatitis, and uveitis. ..
- McElroy C, Velilla R, Chaudhary H, Al Abbadi M. Fine-needle aspiration diagnosis of squamous cell carcinoma in a lymph node involved with small lymphocytic lymphoma: case report and review of the literature. Diagn Cytopathol. 2009;37:48-50 pubmed publisher..Though rare, awareness of such a possibility and careful cytological examination under the appropriate clinical conditions is warranted. ..
- Hossler F, Monson F. Structure and blood supply of intrinsic lymph nodes in the wall of the rabbit urinary bladder--studies with light microscopy, electron microscopy, and vascular corrosion casting. Anat Rec. 1998;252:477-84 pubmed..The close association between the lymphatic tissue and the rich blood supply to the nodes may allow a rapid mobilization of lymphocytes during a local immune response to foreign agents. ..
- Herrmann M, Ciesla M, Chejfec G, DeJong S, Yong S. Primary nodal gastrinomas. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2000;124:832-5 pubmed..None of the axillary and inguinal lymph nodes contained neuroendocrine cells. Our findings support the hypothesis of entrapment of neuroendocrine cells during development and the presence of primary nodal gastrinomas. ..
- Targoni O, Baus J, Hofstetter H, Hesse M, Karulin A, Boehm B, et al. Frequencies of neuroantigen-specific T cells in the central nervous system versus the immune periphery during the course of experimental allergic encephalomyelitis. J Immunol. 2001;166:4757-64 pubmed..These data suggest that throughout all stages of EAE, the effector cells in the CNS are recruited from a vast peripheral reservoir, and that the second wave of effector cells is engaged while the first wave undergoes exhaustion. ..
- Myrick C, DiGuisto R, DeWolfe J, Bowen E, Kappler J, Marrack P, et al. Linkage analysis of variations in CD4:CD8 T cell subsets between C57BL/6 and DBA/2. Genes Immun. 2002;3:144-50 pubmed..43) with increases in CD4 T cells among T cell precursors in the thymus. All of these QTLs were affected by epistatic interactions, indicating that additional modifiers in the B6 and DBA/2 genomes modulate this phenotype. ..
- Munson E, Du Chateau B, Jensen J, Callister S, DeCoster D, Schell R. Gamma interferon inhibits production of Anti-OspA borreliacidal antibody in vitro. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2002;9:1095-101 pubmed..These results show that IFN-gamma does not play a major role in the production of anti-OspA borreliacidal antibody. Additional studies are needed to determine which cytokine(s) will enhance production of borreliacidal antibody. ..
- Hsieh F, Cheng G, Lin J. Evaluation of potential Stat3-regulated genes in human breast cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;335:292-9 pubmed..Therefore, our findings suggest that constitutive Stat3 signaling may be one of the key upstream regulators to induce these downstream proteins, which may play important roles in Stat3-mediated oncogenesis in breast cancer. ..
- Chang D, Feigenberg S, Indelicato D, Morris C, Lightsey J, Grobmyer S, et al. Long-term outcomes in breast cancer patients with ten or more positive axillary nodes treated with combined-modality therapy: the importance of radiation field selection. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007;67:1043-51 pubmed..28). TA substantial percentage of patients with > or =10 positive lymph nodes survive breast cancer. The 10-year overall survival in these patients was 36%. The addition of SART was associated with better LRC. ..