Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on lung in Taiwan
Publications128 found, 100 shown here
- Chen C, Chou H, Wang L, Lang Y. Experimental oligohydramnios decreases collagen in hypoplastic fetal rat lungs. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2008;233:1334-40 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that downregulation of collagen might be involved in the pathogenesis of oligohydramnios-induced respiratory morbidity. ..
- Yang C, Chen C, Tsai P, Wang T, Huang C. Protective effects of dexmedetomidine-ketamine combination against ventilator-induced lung injury in endotoxemia rats. J Surg Res. 2011;167:e273-81 pubmed publisher..Dexmedetomidine-ketamine combination could mitigate pulmonary inflammatory response induced by VILI in endotoxemia rats. ..
- Chou Y, Lin H, Lien Y, Wang Y, Hong C, Kao Y, et al. EGFR promotes lung tumorigenesis by activating miR-7 through a Ras/ERK/Myc pathway that targets the Ets2 transcriptional repressor ERF. Cancer Res. 2010;70:8822-31 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that miR-7 may act as an important modulator of EGFR-mediated oncogenesis, with potential applications as a novel prognostic biomarker and therapeutic target in lung cancer. ..
- Hung S, Chang A, Kato I, Chang N. Transient expression of Ym1, a heparin-binding lectin, during developmental hematopoiesis and inflammation. J Leukoc Biol. 2002;72:72-82 pubmed..In addition, its putative functional association with heparin/heparan sulfate is discussed. ..
- Lee K, Fuller D, Lu I, Lin J, Hwang J. Neural drive to tongue protrudor and retractor muscles following pulmonary C-fiber activation. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2007;102:434-44 pubmed..Accordingly, reductions in upper airway stiffness associated with reduced XII burst amplitude may be offset by enhanced tonic activity in tongue protrudor muscles. ..
- Chuang Y, Wang T, Jen H, Yu A, Chiang B. ?-Galactosylceramide-induced airway eosinophilia is mediated through the activation of NKT cells. J Immunol. 2011;186:4687-92 pubmed publisher..Hence, it remains to be determined whether the activation of iNKT cells would be applicable in therapeutics for human diseases. ..
- Chiu M, Su C, Chen C, Chen K, Wang D, Wang J. Protective effect of melatonin on liver ischemia-reperfusion induced pulmonary microvascular injury in rats. Transplant Proc. 2012;44:962-5 pubmed publisher..05), suggesting that lung injury was attenuated. Melatonin pretreatment prior to liver I/R can effectively reduce the pulmonary microvascular permeability and attenuate lipid peroxidation in the lungs. ..
- Tsay T, Yang M, Chen P, Lai K, Huang H, Hsu C, et al. Blocking TNF-Î± enhances Pseudomonas aeruginosa-induced mortality in burn mice through induction of IL-1Î². Cytokine. 2013;63:58-66 pubmed publisher..Using an IL-1 receptor antagonist combined with the neutralization of TNF-Î± could be a useful strategy for decreasing P. aeruginosa infection-induced mortality in burn patients. ..
- Lin S, Shyur S, Ma Y, Huang L, Lee W. Hyper-IgM1 syndrome with interstitial pneumonia and diarrhea caused by coxsackievirus B4 in a 3-month-old infant. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2005;95:93-7 pubmed..However, coxsackievirus B4 was isolated by viral throat culture. Interstitial pneumonia and diarrhea caused by coxsackievirus B4 may be a complication of hyper-IgM1 syndrome. ..
- Feng N, Lin H, Wang J, Chou S, Ma H, Rooney S, et al. Differential expression of a V-type ATPase C subunit gene, Atp6v1c2, during culture of rat lung type II pneumocytes. J Biomed Sci. 2005;12:899-911 pubmed
- Lang Y, Chang S, Wang L, Chen C. Chymase mediates paraquat-induced collagen production in human lung fibroblasts. Toxicol Lett. 2010;193:19-25 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a role for chymase in the pathogenesis of paraquat-induced lung fibrosis. ..
- Lee K, Fuller D, Hwang J. Pulmonary C-fiber activation attenuates respiratory-related tongue movements. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2012;113:1369-76 pubmed publisher..The diminished tongue force and delay in the onset of tongue movements following pulmonary C-fiber activation are potentially unfavorable for upper airway patency. ..
- Suen J, Hsu S, Hung C, Chao Y, Lee C, Lin C, et al. A common environmental pollutant, 4-nonylphenol, promotes allergic lung inflammation in a murine model of asthma. Allergy. 2013;68:780-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that NP may disturb physiologic function of DCs through, in part, AhR-dependent mechanisms, supporting the importance of NP exposure on the regulation of DC functions and allergic inflammation. ..
- Chang H, Lin Z, Wu M, Wang L, Chow Y, Jiang S, et al. Characterization of a transgenic mouse model exhibiting spontaneous lung adenocarcinomas with a metastatic phenotype. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175586 pubmed publisher..In addition, it can also be a valuable tool for biomarkers and drug screening, which will be helpful in developing intervention therapies. ..
- Lin C, Kao K, Tian Y, Jenq C, Chang M, Chen Y, et al. The RIFLE score increases the accuracy of outcome prediction in patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome undergoing open lung biopsy. Respiration. 2009;77:398-406 pubmed publisher..05) for non-AKI versus RIFLE(max)-risk, RIFLE(max)-injury and RIFLE(max)-failure patients. In patients with ARDS undergoing OLB, the use of the RIFLE score improves prediction of outcome. ..
- Chang J, Yang W, Deng Y, Chen H, Kuo M. EGCG blocks TGF?1-induced CCN2 by suppressing JNK and p38 in buccal fibroblasts. Clin Oral Investig. 2013;17:455-61 pubmed publisher..EGCG may serve as a useful agent in controlling OSF. ..
- Perng D, Yang D, Hsiao Y, Lo T, Lee O, Wu M, et al. miRNA-146a expression positively regulates tumor necrosis factor-?-induced interleukin-8 production in mesenchymal stem cells and differentiated lung epithelial-like cells. Tissue Eng Part A. 2012;18:2259-67 pubmed publisher..The expression of miRNA-146a and the response to stimuli may be modulated through mature differentiation of BM-MSC. ..
- Cho C, Huang J, Shiah S, Chung S, Lay J, Yang Y, et al. Negative feedback regulation of AXL by miR-34a modulates apoptosis in lung cancer cells. RNA. 2016;22:303-15 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that AXL is autoregulated by miR-34a in a feedback loop; this may provide a novel opportunity for developing AXL-targeted anticancer therapies. ..
- Chiang C, Hsu K, Yan H, Harn H, Chang D. PGE1, dexamethasone, U-74389G, or Bt2-cAMP as an additive to promote protection by UW solution in I/R injury. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1997;83:583-90 pubmed..Among modified solutions, UW+U-74389G is the best. Further investigation of the improved effects of the modified UW solutions would be beneficial in lung transplantation...
- Chen L, Chang W, Wang J, Hsu C. Interleukin-1 mediates thermal injury-induced lung damage through C-Jun NH2-terminal kinase signaling. Crit Care Med. 2007;35:1113-22 pubmed
- Kao Y, Chen Y, Cheng T, Chiung Y, Liu P. Zinc oxide nanoparticles interfere with zinc ion homeostasis to cause cytotoxicity. Toxicol Sci. 2012;125:462-72 pubmed publisher..We conclude that exposure to ZnO-NPs interferes with the homeostasis of [Zn(2+)](c,) and that elevated [Zn(2+)](c) results in cell apoptosis...
- Chen J, Lin C, Chen B. Hypoxia-induced ADAM 17 expression is mediated by RSK1-dependent C/EBP? activation in human lung fibroblasts. Mol Immunol. 2017;88:155-163 pubmed publisher..Moreover, RSK1/C/EBP?-dependent ADAM 17 expression is involved in hypoxia-induced CTGF expression. Our results suggest possible therapeutic approaches for treating hypoxia-mediated lung fibrosis in COA. ..
- Shiau Y, Liu F, Tsai J, Wang J, Ho S, Kao A. Usefulness of technetium-99m hexamethylpropylene amine oxime lung scan to detect inhalation lung injury of patients with pulmonary symptoms/signs but negative chest radiograph and pulmonary function test findings after a fire accident--a preliminary . Ann Nucl Med. 2003;17:435-8 pubmed..In this study, we employed technetium-99m hexamethylpropylene amine oxime (99mTc HMPAO) lung scan to detect inhalation lung injury of patients after a fire accident...
- Yu S, Shun C, Chen T, Chen Y. 3-O-beta-D-glucosyl-(1-->6)-beta-D-glucosyl-kaempferol isolated from Sauropus androgenus reduces body weight gain in Wistar rats. Biol Pharm Bull. 2006;29:2510-3 pubmed..Thus, GGK may be potentially to be developed as a safe and novel compound for anti-obesity treatment. ..
- Wang J, Chang Y, Lee L, Chen J, Tang J, Yang P, et al. Diffuse pulmonary infiltrates after bone marrow transplantation: the role of open lung biopsy. Ann Thorac Surg. 2004;78:267-72 pubmed..Respiratory failure and acute graft-versus-host disease were poor prognostic factors. By establishing a correct diagnosis, open lung biopsy led to treatment changes in about two-thirds of these patients. ..
- Wang P, Jeng M, Fang L, Soong W. Acute pathophysiological responses in the normal lungs of newborn piglets exposed to pure oxygen. Minerva Pediatr. 2015;67:383-90 pubmed..Our findings indicate that treatment with 100% oxygen for 4 hours may have clinical benefit by improving pulmonary function in normal neonates with limited increases in the inflammation and apoptosis. ..
- Chang Y, Liu C, Chiang B, Chao Y, Chen C. Induction of IL-8 release in lung cells via activator protein-1 by recombinant baculovirus displaying severe acute respiratory syndrome-coronavirus spike proteins: identification of two functional regions. J Immunol. 2004;173:7602-14 pubmed..The identification of the functional domain for IL-8 release will provide for the drug design on targeting specific sequence domains of S protein responsible for initiating the inflammatory response...
- Shih C, Chen S, Chen A, Wu J, Liaw W, Wu C. Therapeutic effects of hypertonic saline on peritonitis-induced septic shock with multiple organ dysfunction syndrome in rats. Crit Care Med. 2008;36:1864-72 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that hypertonic saline could be a potential and inexpensive therapeutic agent in the early sepsis of animals or patients. ..
- Liu Y, Chang A, Tsai Y, Chan J. Differential protection against oxidative stress and nitric oxide overproduction in cardiovascular and pulmonary systems by propofol during endotoxemia. J Biomed Sci. 2009;16:8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, propofol anesthesia may protect against fatal cardiovascular depression during endotoxemia by attenuating the late stage NO surge in the aorta, possibly via inhibition of iNOS upregulation by the endotoxin. ..
- Pai M, Huang K, Wu C, Yeh S. Effects of dietary arginine on inflammatory mediator and receptor of advanced glycation endproducts (RAGE) expression in rats with streptozotocin-induced type 2 diabetes. Br J Nutr. 2010;104:686-92 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that supplemental dietary Arg can decrease AGE-RAGE interactions and consequently reduce tissue damage in rats with type 2 diabetes. ..
- Peng C, Huang K, Wu C, Li M, Hu Y, Hsu C, et al. Glutamine protects ischemia-reperfusion induced acute lung injury in isolated rat lungs. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2011;24:153-61 pubmed publisher..Our study showed that glutamine treatment decreased IR-induced acute lung injury. The protective mechanism may be due to the inhibition of NF-?B activation and the attenuation of oxidative stress. ..
- Hsieh M, Wu C, Lin M, Chang Y, Lee Y. Pulmonary metastatic giant cell tumors presenting as totally hyalinized and ossified nodules. Ann Thorac Surg. 2012;93:2044-7 pubmed publisher..Because the patient did not receive chemotherapy or radiotherapy before her surgical procedure, we believe that these changes represent spontaneous tumor regression. ..
- Lin Y, Lin Y, Lai C, Yuan Z, Ruan T, Kou Y. Perivagal antagonist treatment in rats selectively blocks the reflex and afferent responses of vagal lung C fibers to intravenous agonists. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2013;114:361-70 pubmed publisher..PAT may become a novel intervention for studying the pharmacological modulation of VLCFs. ..
- Wang C, Fu C, Yang Y, Lo Y, Wang L, Chuang Y, et al. Adenovirus expressing interleukin-1 receptor antagonist alleviates allergic airway inflammation in a murine model of asthma. Gene Ther. 2006;13:1414-21 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicated that administration of Ad-hIL-1ra may have therapeutic potential for the immunomodulatory treatment of allergic asthma. ..
- Chou A, Huang S, Chen S, Huang P, Wang J, Wu M, et al. Unilateral lung agenesis--detrimental roles of surrounding vessels. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2007;42:242-8 pubmed..Satisfactory airway intervention remains challenging. This disease still requires great effort to improve patient outcomes. ..
- Hsieh S, Lu C, Horng Y, Soo P, Chang Y, Tsai Y, et al. The bacterial metabolite 2,3-butanediol ameliorates endotoxin-induced acute lung injury in rats. Microbes Infect. 2007;9:1402-9 pubmed..These results indicate that bacterial metabolite, 2,3-butanediol has a negative regulatory effect on host innate immunity response, suggesting bacteria may use some metabolites for host immune evasion...
- Huang H, Lee C, Chiang B. Small interfering RNA against interleukin-5 decreases airway eosinophilia and hyper-responsiveness. Gene Ther. 2008;15:660-7 pubmed publisher..However, there was no effect on OVA-specific IgE level. These data demonstrate that siRNA delivered by the lentiviral system is an efficacious therapeutic strategy for asthma. ..
- Dai Z, Wu B, Chen I, Chai C, Wu J, Chou S, et al. Attenuation of pulmonary hypertension secondary to left ventricular dysfunction in the rat by Rho-kinase inhibitor fasudil. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2011;46:45-59 pubmed publisher..Further translational study in human is needed to substantiate the findings. ..
- Chang C, Chuang C, Lee F, Wang S, Lin H, Huang H, et al. Sorafenib treatment improves hepatopulmonary syndrome in rats with biliary cirrhosis. Clin Sci (Lond). 2013;124:457-66 pubmed publisher..The beneficial effect may be attributed to the reduction in intrapulmonary angiogenesis through inhibition of the VEGF/VEGFR-2/Akt pathway. ..
- Hou Y, Pai M, Liu J, Yeh S. Alanyl-glutamine resolves lipopolysaccharide-induced lung injury in mice by modulating the polarization of regulatory T cells and T helper 17 cells. J Nutr Biochem. 2013;24:1555-63 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Ala-Gln administration after the onset of ALI can help resolve lung inflammation and injury by modulating the polarization of Tregs and Th17 cells. ..
- Wu S, Li M, Ko F, Wu G, Huang K, Chu S. Protective effect of hypercapnic acidosis in ischemia-reperfusion lung injury is attributable to upregulation of heme oxygenase-1. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74742 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the protective effect of HCA in IR lung injury in rats was mediated in part by the anti-inflammatory and anti-apoptotic action of HO-1. ..
- Ho B, Lin J, Huang C, Tsai Y, Lin M. Mercury vapor inhalation from Chinese red (Cinnabar). J Toxicol Clin Toxicol. 2003;41:75-8 pubmed..Acute inhalation of mercury fumes or vapors is a rare but frequently fatal cause of acute lung injury. This report describes a rare cause of mercury inhalation from Chinese red...
- Chen L, Hwang Y, Wang J, Chen J, Hsu C. Inhibition of nitric oxide synthase reverses the effect of albumin on lung damage in burn. J Am Coll Surg. 2005;200:574-83 pubmed..Inhibition of iNOS before albumin supplementation reversed its damaging effects on thermal injury-induced lung dysfunction to beneficial ones. ..
- Yang C, Hwang J, Wang T, Cheng M, Kang W, Chen T, et al. Clinical and radiographic presentations of pulmonary cryptococcosis in immunocompetent patients. Scand J Infect Dis. 2006;38:788-93 pubmed
- Yang C, Tsai P, Huang C. Effects of dexmedetomidine on regulating pulmonary inflammation in a rat model of ventilator-induced lung injury. Acta Anaesthesiol Taiwan. 2008;46:151-9 pubmed publisher..In contrast, dexmedetomidine at a dose approximately 10 times higher than the clinical dose significantly attenuated VILI. These effects of dexmedetomidine were mediated, at least in part, by the alpha2-adrenergic receptor. ..
- Chiang C, Chuang C, Liu S, Lee T, Kou Y, Zhang H. Apocynin attenuates ventilator-induced lung injury in an isolated and perfused rat lung model. Intensive Care Med. 2011;37:1360-7 pubmed publisher..Administration of apocynin at onset of mechanical ventilation attenuates inflammatory responses and VILI in the isolated, perfused rat lung model. ..
- Lin Y, Tsai S, Huang T, Chung H, Huang Y, Wu F, et al. Inflow-weighted pulmonary perfusion: comparison between dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI versus perfusion scintigraphy in complex pulmonary circulation. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2013;15:21 pubmed publisher..The discrepancy between conventional indicator-dilution and inflow-weighted analysis represents a mixed-flow component in which pathological flow such as shunting or collaterals might have participated. ..
- Rau K, Chen H, Shiu L, Chao T, Lo Y, Wang C, et al. Discordance of Mutation Statuses of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor and K-ras between Primary Adenocarcinoma of Lung and Brain Metastasis. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:524 pubmed publisher..Repeated analysis of EGFR mutation is highly recommended if tissue from metastatic or recurrent site is available for the evaluation of target therapy. ..
- Yang L, Liang Y, Chang C, Lee W, Kuo C, Wang C, et al. Effects of sphondin, isolated from Heracleum laciniatum, on IL-1beta-induced cyclooxygenase-2 expression in human pulmonary epithelial cells. Life Sci. 2002;72:199-213 pubmed..We conclude that sphondin may have the therapeutic potential as an anti-inflammatory drug on airway inflammation. ..
- Kao S, Yang F, Hsu Y, Chen H. Mechanism of fulminant pulmonary edema caused by enterovirus 71. Clin Infect Dis. 2004;38:1784-8 pubmed..Destruction of the medial, ventral, and caudal medulla may lead to sympathetic overactivation, causing blood to shift to the lungs. The pathogenesis of PE may also involve iNOS and nitric oxide. ..
- Chen C, Wang L, Yeh T. Effects of maternal nicotine exposure on lung surfactant system in rats. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2005;39:97-102 pubmed
- Tseng Y, Su Y, Lu F, Jeng S, Hsieh W, Chen C, et al. Holt-Oram syndrome with right lung agenesis caused by a de novo mutation in the TBX5 gene. Am J Med Genet A. 2007;143A:1012-4 pubmed
- Jiang J, Chou H, Wang L, Lang Y, Chen C. Effects of activated protein C on ventilator-induced lung injury in rats. Respiration. 2010;80:246-53 pubmed publisher..Plasma levels of D-dimers were comparable among the three study groups. These results suggest that APC administered at a higher dosage might improve lung function by reducing alveolar protein leakage and systemic coagulation. ..
- Huang H, Lai Y. Lipopolysaccharide induces preprotachykinin gene expression. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2003;29:606-12 pubmed..Our data support that LPS-induced bronchial hyperreactivity to capsaicin is related closely to the upregulation of tachykinin gene expression, but not the upregulation of NEP. ..
- Chen H, Shyr M, Ueng S, Chen M. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy attenuates pancreatic microcirculatory derangement and lung edema in an acute experimental pancreatitis model in rats. Pancreas. 1998;17:44-9 pubmed..Our results support the findings that HBO therapy has a beneficial effect on pancreatic microcirculation and lung edema during acute pancreatitis in rats. ..
- Jeng M, Trevisanuto D, Weis C, Fox W, Cullen A, Wolfson M, et al. Role of ventilation strategy on perfluorochemical evaporation from the lungs. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2001;90:1365-72 pubmed..In conclusion, E(L) profile is dependent on VE with little effect of the RR-tidal volume combination. Thus measurement of E(L) and VE should be considered for the replacement dosing schemes during partial liquid ventilation...
- Hsiao H, Liu W, Wang C, Lo Y, Wu Y, Jiang S, et al. Deltex1 is a target of the transcription factor NFAT that promotes T cell anergy. Immunity. 2009;31:72-83 pubmed publisher..DTX1 therefore represents a component downstream of calcium-NFAT signaling that regulates T cell anergy. ..
- Chang Y, Holtzman M, Chen C. Differential role of Janus family kinases (JAKs) in interferon-gamma-induced lung epithelial ICAM-1 expression: involving protein interactions between JAKs, phospholipase Cgamma, c-Src, and STAT1. Mol Pharmacol. 2004;65:589-98 pubmed..One is the JAK1/2-dependent PLC-gamma pathway inducing the activations of PKCalpha, c-Src, and STAT1, and the other is the direct activation of STAT1 by JAK1/2. ..
- Chuang C, Cheng M, Yang S, Hwang J. Activation of ventrolateral medulla neurons by arginine vasopressin via V1A receptors produces inhibition on respiratory-related hypoglossal nerve discharge in the rat. Chin J Physiol. 2005;48:144-54 pubmed..Our results suggested that AVP may activate neurons located at the VLM and/or rVRG via the AVP V1A receptor to inhibit respiratory-related HNA and thus to regulate upper airway aperture. ..
- Chang W, Tzao C, Hsu H, Lee S, Huang K, Tung H, et al. Pulmonary cryptococcosis: comparison of clinical and radiographic characteristics in immunocompetent and immunocompromised patients. Chest. 2006;129:333-40 pubmed
- Chen C, Wang L. High-dose vascular endothelial growth factor increases surfactant protein gene expressions in preterm rat lung. Early Hum Dev. 2007;83:581-4 pubmed..These results suggest that VEGF might have potential therapeutic implications in enhancing fetal lung maturation. ..
- Huang T, Tsai P, Huang C. HO-1 overexpression attenuates endotoxin effects on CAT-2 isozymes expression. J Surg Res. 2008;148:172-80 pubmed..Induction of HO-1 overexpression also significantly attenuates the effects of endotoxin on the expression of iNOS and CAT-2 isozymes in septic rats. ..
- Cheng Y, Huang T, Lin C, Lee S, Tzao C, Chen J, et al. The impact of smoking in primary spontaneous pneumothorax. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2009;138:192-5 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to clarify the pathophysiologic effects of cigarette smoking and its clinical correlations in primary spontaneous pneumothorax...
- Lin J, Chang F, Fung C, Yeh K, Chen C, Tsai Y, et al. Do neutrophils play a role in establishing liver abscesses and distant metastases caused by Klebsiella pneumoniae?. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15005 pubmed publisher..Thus, neutrophils play a role as a vehicle for helping K. pneumoniae and contributing to the establishment of liver abscess and distant metastatic complications...
- Ong L, Tan Y, Tan B, Chung F, Cheong S, Leong C. Single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWCNTs) inhibit heat shock protein 90 (HSP90) signaling in human lung fibroblasts and keratinocytes. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;329:347-357 pubmed publisher..In summary, our findings suggest that the toxic effects of SWCNTs are mediated through inhibition of HSP90 in human lung fibroblasts and keratinocytes. ..
- Liu C, Wang C, Chen T, Lin H, Yu C, Kuo H. Increased level of exhaled nitric oxide and up-regulation of inducible nitric oxide synthase in patients with primary lung cancer. Br J Cancer. 1998;78:534-41 pubmed..The increased NO production was not specific to the tumour side and might be attributed to the tumour-associated non-specific immunological and inflammatory processes of the host. ..
- Cherng S, Yang S, Wang Y, Jen T, Huang W, Lo A. Krypton-81m ventilation and technetium-99m macroaggregated albumin perfusion scintigraphy for detection of pulmonary embolism: the first experience in Taiwan. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi (Taipei). 2000;63:876-84 pubmed..In addition, xenon (Xe)-133 ventilation scintigraphy was also performed for comparison...
- Lin C, Lin C, Liaw S, Chen A. Pulmonary function changes and immunomodulation of Th 2 cytokine expression induced by aminophylline after sensitization and allergen challenge in brown Norway rats. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2002;88:215-22 pubmed
- Cheng M, Chuang C, Lin J, Hwang J. Cardiopulmonary response to vasopressin-induced activation on V1A receptors in the lateral ventrolateral medulla in the rat. Chin J Physiol. 2004;47:31-42 pubmed..These results suggest that a vasopressinergic pathway projects to the lateral VLM and modulates cardiopulmonary functions via AVP V1A receptors on neurons within the lateral VLM. ..
- Chan P, Huang L, Wu P, Chang P, Yang T, Lu C, et al. Clinical management and outcome of childhood lung abscess: a 16-year experience. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2005;38:183-8 pubmed..Oral anaerobes and S. aureus are the core pathogens in primary lung abscess and gram-negative pathogens should also be considered in secondary lung abscess...
- Chuang I, Liu D, Kao S, Chen H. N-acetylcysteine attenuates the acute lung injury caused by phorbol myristate acetate in isolated rat lungs. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 2007;20:726-33 pubmed..The mechanisms are possibly attributable to its antioxidant actions, inhibition of pro-inflammatory cytokines, and restoration of glutathione enzymes. ..
- Wu Y, Huang Y, Huang S, Huang C, Tsai Y. Acute respiratory distress syndrome caused by leukemic infiltration of the lung. J Formos Med Assoc. 2008;107:419-23 pubmed publisher..Leukemic pulmonary involvement should be considered in acute leukemia patients with non-infectious diffusive lung infiltration, especially in acute leukemia with a high blast count...
- Tsao C, Chen S, Shih M, Lue W, Tsou M, Chen A, et al. Effects of terbutaline on circulatory failure and organ dysfunction induced by peritonitis in rats. Intensive Care Med. 2010;36:1571-8 pubmed publisher..We evaluated and compared effects of terbutaline on MODS in a cecal ligation and puncture (CLP) model of sepsis...
- Shu C, Lee L, Wang J, Chien Y, Wang J, Yu C. Non-tuberculous mycobacterial pleurisy: an 8-year single-centre experience in Taiwan. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2010;14:635-41, 4 p following 641 pubmed..To investigate the clinical characteristics and outcomes of patients with pleurisy due to non-tuberculous mycobacteria (NTM), which are currently unclear...
- Lin C, Cheng H, Ma H, Wu C, Hong C, Chen B. Thrombin induces NF-kappaB activation and IL-8/CXCL8 expression in lung epithelial cells by a Rac1-dependent PI3K/Akt pathway. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:10483-94 pubmed publisher..These results imply that thrombin activates the Rac1/PI3K/Akt pathway through formation of the G??, Rac1, and p85? complex to induce IKK?/? activation, NF-?B transactivation, and IL-8/CXCL8 expression in human lung epithelial cells. ..
- Shih H, Huang M, Lee C. Magnolol attenuates the lung injury in hypertonic saline treatment from mesenteric ischemia reperfusion through diminishing iNOS. J Surg Res. 2012;175:305-11 pubmed publisher..These results may provide another treatment measure for post-injury immunomodulation. ..
- Sun C, Yen C, Lin Y, Tsai T, Chang L, Kao Y, et al. Autologous transplantation of adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells markedly reduced acute ischemia-reperfusion lung injury in a rodent model. J Transl Med. 2011;9:118 pubmed publisher..ADMSC therapy minimized lung damage after IR injury in a rodent model through suppressing oxidative stress and inflammatory reaction. ..
- Shu C, Lee C, Hsu C, Wang J, Wang J, Yu C, et al. Clinical characteristics and prognosis of nontuberculous mycobacterial lung disease with different radiographic patterns. Lung. 2011;189:467-74 pubmed publisher..Because varying radiographic patterns represent different prognoses, understanding the characteristics of NTM-LD patients with different radiographic patterns complements clinical practice. ..
- Lin Y, Hsu H, Ruan T, Kou Y. Mediator mechanisms involved in TRPV1, TRPA1 and P2X receptor-mediated sensory transduction of pulmonary ROS by vagal lung C-fibers in rats. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2013;189:1-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, the actions of cyclooxygenase metabolites are mediated through the functioning of the TRPV1 and TRPA1 receptors, whereas the action of ATP is mediated through the functioning of P2X receptors. ..
- Hou H, Cheng S, Liu H, Yang F, Wang H, Yu C. Elastase induced lung epithelial cell apoptosis and emphysema through placenta growth factor. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e793 pubmed publisher..Regulatory control of PlGF and agents against its downstream signals may be potential therapeutic targets for COPD. ..
- Liu P, Liu W, Chang J, Chen Y, Liu Y, Kuo H, et al. MicroRNA-200c inhibits epithelial-mesenchymal transition, invasion, and migration of lung cancer by targeting HMGB1. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180844 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results demonstrated that miR-200c could suppress EMT, invasion, and migration of NSCLC cells by downregulating HMGB1. ..
- Chen C, Wang L, Chou H, Lang Y. Oligohydramnios decreases platelet-derived growth factor expression in fetal rat lungs. Neonatology. 2007;92:187-93 pubmed..A decreased PDGF expression may be important in the pathogenesis of oligohydramnios-induced pulmonary hypoplasia and suggests that supplementation may provide useful therapeutic strategies. ..
- Wang S, Zhang C, Lasbury M, Liao C, Durant P, Tschang D, et al. Decreased inflammatory response in Toll-like receptor 2 knockout mice is associated with exacerbated Pneumocystis pneumonia. Microbes Infect. 2008;10:334-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study shows that TLR2-mediated inflammatory responses contribute to a certain degree to the clearance of Pneumocystis organism in mice...
- Allen G, Cloutier M, Larrabee Y, Tetenev K, Smiley S, Bates J. Neither fibrin nor plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 deficiency protects lung function in a mouse model of acute lung injury. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2009;296:L277-85 pubmed publisher..We speculate that in vivo lung function may be more closely tied to permeability and alveolar protein in general, rather than being linked specifically to fibrin. ..
- Yeh D, Lin H, Feng N, Chen C, Wang D, Wang N. Matrix metalloprotease expressions in both reperfusion lung injury and oleic acid lung injury models and the protective effects of ilomastat. Transplant Proc. 2009;41:1508-11 pubmed publisher..001). Ilomastat significantly attenuated the extent of lung inflammation and injury induced by both I/R and OA. MMP may play a critical role in the lung injury induced by I/R and OA infusion. ..
- Liu Y, Liao S, Huang C, Tsai Y, Quinn D, Li L. Role for nuclear factor-kappaB in augmented lung injury because of interaction between hyperoxia and high stretch ventilation. Transl Res. 2009;154:228-40 pubmed publisher..We conclude that hyperoxia increased high-tidal-volume-induced cytokine production and neutrophil influx through activation of the NF-kappaB pathway. ..