Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on liver microsomes in France
Topic: liver microsomes
- Barbier O, Villeneuve L, Bocher V, Fontaine C, Torra I, Duhem C, et al. The UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 1A9 enzyme is a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha and gamma target gene. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:13975-83 pubmed..Furthermore, since UGT1A9 is involved in the catabolism of fibrates, these results suggest that PPAR alpha and PPAR gamma may control the intracellular level of active fibrates. ..
- Le Goff Klein N, Koffel J, Jung L, Ubeaud G. In vitro inhibition of simvastatin metabolism, a HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor in human and rat liver by bergamottin, a component of grapefruit juice. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2003;18:31-5 pubmed..In conclusion, our study shows that BG inhibits SV metabolism. BG and NRG could therefore be applied as markers in food-drug interaction studies in order to adjust posology...
- Haag M, Leusink Muis T, Le Bouquin R, Nijkamp F, Lugnier A, Frossard N, et al. Increased expression and decreased activity of cytochrome P450 1A1 in a murine model of toluene diisocyanate-induced asthma. Arch Toxicol. 2002;76:621-7 pubmed..However, this effect is associated with a decreased enzyme activity, which might limit the toxicological consequences of increased Cyp1a1 expression. ..
- Lejus C, Fautrel A, Malledant Y, Guillouzo A. Inhibition of cytochrome P450 2E1 by propofol in human and porcine liver microsomes. Biochem Pharmacol. 2002;64:1151-6 pubmed..These in vitro results suggest that propofol could have a protective effect on toxic metabolite activation of compounds catalyzed by CYP2E1. ..
- Kessler M, Ubeaud G, Walter T, Sturm F, Jung L. Free radical scavenging and skin penetration of troxerutin and vitamin derivatives. J Dermatolog Treat. 2002;13:133-41 pubmed..Thus, this association can improve skin care products for preventing free radical-mediated damage. ..
- Lattard V, Longin Sauvageon C, Lachuer J, Delatour P, Benoit E. Cloning, sequencing, and tissue-dependent expression of flavin-containing monooxygenase (FMO) 1 and FMO3 in the dog. Drug Metab Dispos. 2002;30:119-28 pubmed..By Northern blotting, the probe for FMO1 specifically hybridized a 2.6-kilobase (kb) transcript in liver and lung samples only. The probe for FMO3 hybridized two transcripts of approximately 3 and 4.2 kb in the liver and lung samples. ..
- Treluyer J, Rey E, Sonnier M, Pons G, Cresteil T. Evidence of impaired cisapride metabolism in neonates. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2001;52:419-25 pubmed..Owing to the difficulties associated with in vivo pharmacokinetic studies in a paediatric population, we explored the in vitro metabolism of cisapride by human cytochrome P450...
- Haberkorn V, Heydel J, Mounie J, Artur Y, Goudonnet H. Influence of vitamin A status on the regulation of uridine (5'-)diphosphate-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) 1A1 and UGT1A6 expression by L-triiodothyronine. Br J Nutr. 2001;85:289-97 pubmed..Our results demonstrate for the first time the existence of a strong interaction between vitamin A and thyroid hormone on the regulation of genes encoding cellular detoxification enzymes, in this case the UGT. ..
- Poli Scaife S, Attias R, Dansette P, Mansuy D. The substrate binding site of human liver cytochrome P450 2C9: an NMR study. Biochemistry. 1997;36:12672-82 pubmed..Sulfaphenazole was easily included in that model; its very high affinity for CYP 2C9 is due to a third structural feature, the presence of its NH2 function which binds to CYP 2C9 iron. ..
- Jean P, Lopez Garcia P, Dansette P, Mansuy D, Goldstein J. Oxidation of tienilic acid by human yeast-expressed cytochromes P-450 2C8, 2C9, 2C18 and 2C19. Evidence that this drug is a mechanism-based inhibitor specific for cytochrome P-450 2C9. Eur J Biochem. 1996;241:797-804 pubmed..Experiments performed with human liver microsomes confirmed that tienilic acid 5-hydroxylase underwent a time-dependent inactivation (apparent t1/2 = 10 +/- 5 min) during 5-hydroxylation of tienilic acid. ..
- Buronfosse T, Moroni P, Benoit E, Riviere J. Stereoselective sulfoxidation of the pesticide methiocarb by flavin-containing monooxygenase and cytochrome P450-dependent monooxygenases of rat liver microsomes. Anticholinesterase activity of the two sulfoxide enantiomers. J Biochem Toxicol. 1995;10:179-89 pubmed..216 microM-1.min-1) than methiocarb, but a 10-fold difference was observed between the bimolecular rate constants found for the two sulfoxides produced (0.054 and 0.502 microM-1.min-1 for the (A) and (B) enantiomers, respectively)...
- Mortaud S, Donsez Darcel E, Roubertoux P, Degrelle H. Murine steroid sulfatase (mSTS): purification, characterization and measurement by ELISA. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1995;52:91-6 pubmed..Results in ELISA confirmed the polymorphism previously demonstrated for an enzymatic mSTS activity assay in two inbred mouse strains. ..
- Broly F, Libersa C, Lhermitte M, Dupuis B. Inhibitory studies of mexiletine and dextromethorphan oxidation in human liver microsomes. Biochem Pharmacol. 1990;39:1045-53 pubmed..These data suggest that the formation of two major metabolites of mexiletine is predominantly catalysed by the genetically variable human liver P-450dbl. ..
- Savelli J, Narce M, Fustier V, Poisson J. Desaturase activities are depleted before and after weaning in liver microsomes of spontaneously hypertensive rats. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2002;66:541-7 pubmed..Such a loss of desaturase activities may be under the control of hormones involved in the regulation of SHR blood pressure. ..
- Bonierbale E, Valadon P, Pons C, Desfosses B, Dansette P, Mansuy D. Opposite behaviors of reactive metabolites of tienilic acid and its isomer toward liver proteins: use of specific anti-tienilic acid-protein adduct antibodies and the possible relationship with different hepatotoxic effects of the two compounds. Chem Res Toxicol. 1999;12:286-96 pubmed
- Benoit E, Delatour P, Olivier L, Caldwell J. (-)-R-fenoprofen: formation of fenoprofenyl-coenzyme A by rat liver microsomes. Biochem Pharmacol. 1995;49:1717-20 pubmed..The microsomal long-chain fatty acid CoA ligase was markedly enantioselective towards (-)-R-FPF and the formation of (-)-R-FP-CoA was inhibited by both the (+)-S enantiomer and palmitic acid. ..
- Soraci A, Benoit E, Delatour P. Comparative metabolism of R(-)-fenoprofen in rats and sheep. J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 1995;18:167-71 pubmed..In consequence, in rats other metabolic pathways for R(-)-FPF-CoA, such as incorporation into triacylglycerols and conjugation with amino acids, may be quantitatively more important. ..