Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on liver in Taiwan
Publications195 found, 100 shown here
- Chiang L, Ng L, Lin I, Kuo P, Lin C. Anti-proliferative effect of apigenin and its apoptotic induction in human Hep G2 cells. Cancer Lett. 2006;237:207-14 pubmed..The present study concludes that the anti-hepatoma activity of apigenin is as effective as 5-FU and its apoptotic mechanism might be mediated through the p53-dependent pathway and the induction of p21 expression. ..
- Chen Y, Chen J, Tseng S. Tetrandrine suppresses tumor growth and angiogenesis of gliomas in rats. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:2260-9 pubmed publisher..Tetrandrine has potential as a treatment for gliomas. ..
- Li Y, Chen M, Gong H, Hu S, Li Y, Lin G, et al. Progranulin A-mediated MET signaling is essential for liver morphogenesis in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:41001-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our data have indicated that GrnA plays a vital role in embryonic liver morphogenesis in zebrafish. As a result, a novel link between PGRN and MET signaling is proposed. ..
- Ho M, Lin J, Shu Y, Chen C, Chang K, Chang C, et al. Using ultrasound Nakagami imaging to assess liver fibrosis in rats. Ultrasonics. 2012;52:215-22 pubmed publisher..The current findings indicate that the ultrasound Nakagami image has great potential as a functional imaging tool to complement the use of the conventional B-scan in animal studies of liver fibrosis. ..
- Yeh C, Lai H, Chen T, Chu C, Liaw Y. Identification of a hepatic factor capable of supporting hepatitis C virus replication in a nonpermissive cell line. J Virol. 2001;75:11017-24 pubmed..This factor belongs to a previously uncharacterized protein family. The physiological function of this protein awaits further study. ..
- Chiang M, Chen H, Lai H, Chen H, Chou S, Chen C, et al. The A2A adenosine receptor rescues the urea cycle deficiency of Huntington's disease by enhancing the activity of the ubiquitin-proteasome system. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:2929-42 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a novel therapeutic pathway of A(2A) receptors in HD and further strengthen the concept that the A(2A) receptor can be a drug target in treating HD. ..
- Juan Y, Tsai W, Lin Y, Wang G, Cheng J, Yang H, et al. The novel anti-hyperglycemic effect of Paeoniae radix via the transcriptional suppression of phosphoenopyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK). Phytomedicine. 2010;17:626-34 pubmed publisher..Future development of this herb as a dietary supplement or drug should bring substantial benefits for the diabetic population. ..
- Shih P, Chen Y, Huang Y, Chang Y, Chen J, Cheng C. Pretreatment of vitamin D3 ameliorates lung and muscle injury induced by reperfusion of bilateral femoral vessels in a rat model. J Surg Res. 2011;171:323-8 pubmed publisher..Pretreatment of vitamin D3 ameliorates the systemic IL-6 levels, lung and muscle injury induced by ischemia followed by reperfusion of bilateral occluded vessels in a rat model. ..
- Huang Y, Yang Y, Tiao M, Kuo H, Huang L, Chuang J. Hepcidin protects against lipopolysaccharide-induced liver injury in a mouse model of obstructive jaundice. Peptides. 2012;35:212-7 pubmed publisher..Enhanced autophagy and reduced apoptosis may account for the protective effects of hepcidin. ..
- Lee Y, Liao J, Cheng Y, Wu T, Lee S, Liu J, et al. Inhibition of human alcohol and aldehyde dehydrogenases by acetaminophen: Assessment of the effects on first-pass metabolism of ethanol. Alcohol. 2013;47:559-65 pubmed publisher..3-19%) in all 3 tissues. The results suggest that inhibition by acetaminophen of hepatic and gastrointestinal FPM of ethanol through ADH and ALDH pathways might become significant at higher, subtoxic levels of acetaminophen. ..
- Hsiao C, Martsen E, Lee J, Tsai S, Tam M. Amino acid sequencing, molecular cloning and modelling of the chick liver class-theta glutathione S-transferase CL1. Biochem J. 1995;312 ( Pt 1):91-8 pubmed..Based on known X-ray crystal structures of class-Alpha, -Mu and -Pi glutathione S-transferases, a model is constructed for the N-terminal 232 residues of CL1. ..
- Chan Y, Lin S, Chen B. Glycogen storage disease type IV: a case report. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi (Taipei). 1999;62:743-7 pubmed..Portal fibrosis and lobular, fibrous septa were present. Ultrastructure of the inclusions revealed non-membrane-bound fibrillar material 5 nm in maximal diameter. Enzyme study revealed a total deficiency of GBE activity. ..
- Ko Y, Hsu L, Hsu K, Ko Y, Lee Y. The interactive effects of hepatic lipase gene promoter polymorphisms with sex and obesity on high-density-lipoprotein cholesterol levels in Taiwanese-Chinese. Atherosclerosis. 2004;172:135-42 pubmed..The findings give clues for identifying high risk population in preventive medicine and clinical diagnosis. The subsequent impacts on treatment profiles and prognosis were derived from this study. ..
- Li C, Wu K, Chang Chien G, Chou C. Analysis of oxidative DNA damage 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine as a biomarker of exposures to persistent pollutants for marine mammals. Environ Sci Technol. 2005;39:2455-60 pubmed
- Chong L, Hsu Y, Chiu Y, Yang K, Huang Y. Anti-fibrotic effects of thalidomide on hepatic stellate cells and dimethylnitrosamine-intoxicated rats. J Biomed Sci. 2006;13:403-18 pubmed..In conclusion, our results showed that thalidomide inhibited activation of HSC-T6 cells by TNF-alpha and ameliorated liver fibrosis in DMN-intoxicated rats. ..
- Kwok C, Chen Y, Lin H, Su C, Liu Y, Chiu Y. Portal vein entrance of splenic erythrocytic progenitor cells and local hypoxia of liver, two events cause intrahepatic splenosis. Med Hypotheses. 2006;67:1330-2 pubmed
- Chiang M, Chen H, Lee Y, Chang H, Wu Y, Soong B, et al. Dysregulation of C/EBPalpha by mutant Huntingtin causes the urea cycle deficiency in Huntington's disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2007;16:483-98 pubmed..Treatments aimed at repairing the urea cycle deficiency may provide a new strategy for dealing with HD. ..
- Chen Y, Hong I, Kuo K, Hsu H, Hsu C. Role of retinoid-X receptor-alpha in the suppression of rat bile acid coenzyme A-amino acid N-acyltransferase in liver during sepsis. Shock. 2007;28:65-70 pubmed..The results suggest that suppression of rBAT occurs at the transcriptional level, and the decrease in RXR-alpha by septic insult may play a critical role in rBAT suppression at the early stage of polymicrobial sepsis. ..
- Yeh C, Hsu C, Chang M, Tsao M. Impact of the novel hepatotropic viruslike agent NV-F during chronic hepatitis C virus infection. J Infect Dis. 2008;198:1742-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, coinfection of the NV-F agent in chronic HCV infection is associated with more severe hepatitis activity. ..
- Wang P, Ko Y, Chin H, Hsu C, Ding S, Chen C. The effect of feed restriction on expression of hepatic lipogenic genes in broiler chickens and the function of SREBP1. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2009;153:327-31 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the RNA interference study showed that SREBP1 has the ability to regulate the expression of ACC(alpha). This study has helped us understand more about the function of SREBP1 and the physiology of the broiler chickens. ..
- Huang L, Chuang I, Dong H, Yang R. Hypoxia-inducible factor 1? regulates the expression of the mitochondrial ATPase inhibitor protein (IF1) in rat liver. Shock. 2011;36:90-6 pubmed publisher..5). In conclusion, these results suggested for the first time that the HIF-1 might play a crucial role in regulating IF1 protein expression in late septic liver. ..
- Li C, Shen C, Cheng Y, Huang S, Wu C, Kao C, et al. Organ biodistribution, clearance, and genotoxicity of orally administered zinc oxide nanoparticles in mice. Nanotoxicology. 2012;6:746-56 pubmed publisher..Considering both in vitro and in vivo data, the ZnO-NPs induced acute liver toxicity which was in compliance with its absorption, biodistribution, and clearance. ..
- Chen W, Kang C, Wang S, Lee H. ?-Lipoic acid regulates lipid metabolism through induction of sirtuin 1 (SIRT1) and activation of AMP-activated protein kinase. Diabetologia. 2012;55:1824-35 pubmed publisher..ALA activates both SIRT1 and AMPK, which leads to lipid-lowering effects in vitro and in vivo. These findings suggest that ALA may have beneficial effects in the treatment of dyslipidaemia and obesity. ..
- Fung C, Lin Y, Lin J, Chen T, Yeh K, Chang F, et al. Klebsiella pneumoniae in gastrointestinal tract and pyogenic liver abscess. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:1322-5 pubmed publisher..This finding indicated that gastrointestinal carriage is a predisposing factor for liver abscess. ..
- Chan C, Cheng L, Lu J, Huang Y, Chiou S, Tsai P, et al. The role of interferon-? inducible protein-10 in a mouse model of acute liver injury post induced pluripotent stem cells transplantation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50577 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that IP-10 may have an important regulatory role in facilitating the repair and regeneration of injured liver after iPS transplantation. ..
- Yang C, Tsai P, Lee J, Huang C, Huang C. NF-kappaB inhibitors stabilize the mRNA of high-affinity type-2 cationic amino acid transporter in LPS-stimulated rat liver. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2005;49:468-76 pubmed..NF-kappaB inhibitors stabilize CAT-2 and CAT-2B mRNA in LPS-stimulated rat liver. The hepatic CAT-2/CAT-2B pathway may be a constitutive part of cytoprotective mechanisms against sepsis. ..
- Liu S, Li Y, Chen Y, Chiang E, Li A, Lee Y, et al. Glycine N-methyltransferase-/- mice develop chronic hepatitis and glycogen storage disease in the liver. Hepatology. 2007;46:1413-25 pubmed
- Lin W, Hu Y, Lee Y. Hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha regulates glucocorticoid receptor expression to control postnatal body growth. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2008;295:G542-51 pubmed publisher..We further demonstrated that HNF-1alpha modulated GR gene expression by directly transactivating the GR gene promoter via a cryptic regulatory element located 3 bp upstream of the translation start site in exon 2 of the GR gene locus. ..
- Yen P, Chen B, Yang F, Lu Y. Effects of deep-frying oil on blood pressure and oxidative stress in spontaneously hypertensive and normotensive rats. Nutrition. 2010;26:331-6 pubmed publisher..The ingestion of deep-frying oil seemed not to influence blood pressure or its related parameters, but altered eicosanoid metabolism and elevated oxidative stress in SHR and WKY rats. ..
- Chiu C, Sheu J, Chen C, Lee C, Chiou L, Chou S, et al. Global gene expression profiling reveals a key role of CD44 in hepatic oval-cell reaction after 2-AAF/CCl4 injury in rodents. Histochem Cell Biol. 2009;132:479-89 pubmed publisher..Thus, oval cells express MMP-7 and CD44, and CD44 appears to play critical roles in the proliferation, invasion, and differentiation of hepatic oval cells in rodents. ..
- Liu S, Li Y, Lee C, Yen C, Liao Y, Huang S, et al. Higher susceptibility to aflatoxin B(1)-related hepatocellular carcinoma in glycine N-methyltransferase knockout mice. Int J Cancer. 2011;128:511-23 pubmed publisher..In summary, we observed overall higher susceptibility to AFB(1)-related HCC in Gnmt-/- mice, further evidence that GNMT overexpression is an important contributing factor to liver cancer resistance...
- Hsieh C, Liu C, Shueng P, Chong N, Chen C, Chen M, et al. Comparison of coplanar and noncoplanar intensity-modulated radiation therapy and helical tomotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma. Radiat Oncol. 2010;5:40 pubmed publisher..Noncoplanar IMRT and HT are potential techniques of radiation therapy for HCC patients with PVT. Constraints for the liver in IMRT and HT could be stricter than for 3DCRT. ..
- Chen Y, Chen Y, Chan H, Tseng Y, Yang S, Tsai H, et al. The use of nanoscale visible light-responsive photocatalyst TiO2-Pt for the elimination of soil-borne pathogens. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31212 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the TiO(2)-Pt photocatalyst may have potential applications in the development of bactericides for soil-borne pathogens. ..
- Chiu M, Su C, Chen C, Chen K, Wang D, Wang J. Protective effect of melatonin on liver ischemia-reperfusion induced pulmonary microvascular injury in rats. Transplant Proc. 2012;44:962-5 pubmed publisher..05), suggesting that lung injury was attenuated. Melatonin pretreatment prior to liver I/R can effectively reduce the pulmonary microvascular permeability and attenuate lipid peroxidation in the lungs. ..
- Chen S, Wu H, Kao J, Hwang L. Persistent hepatitis B viral replication in a FVB/N mouse model: impact of host and viral factors. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36984 pubmed publisher..An inadequate activation of immune or inflammatory responses can lead to persistent HBV replication in vivo...
- Hsieh C. Comparison of hepatic abscess after operative and nonoperative management of isolated blunt liver trauma. Int Surg. 2002;87:178-84 pubmed
- Chou C, Chen P, Jeng Y, Cheng A, Huang L, Cheng J. Synergistic effect of radiation and interleukin-6 on hepatitis B virus reactivation in liver through STAT3 signaling pathway. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009;75:1545-52 pubmed publisher..RT to the liver and longer sustained IL-6 induced HBV reactivation through the STAT3 signal transduction pathway. ..
- Li W, Lin T, Tan T, Alikhanov R, Yong C, Wang S, et al. Short-term Total Hepatic Vascular Exclusion in Difficult Caudate Lobe Dissection in Living-donor Liver Transplantation Recipients. Transplant Proc. 2016;48:1059-62 pubmed publisher..Most patients tolerated the TVE without hemodynamic impact under anesthetic management. ..
- Ko T, Day J, Malkin A, McPherson A. Structure of orthorhombic crystals of beef liver catalase. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 1999;55:1383-94 pubmed..The packing of molecules in the crystal revealed by X-ray analysis explained in a satisfying way the process of crystal growth revealed by AFM. ..
- Yang Y, Huang Y, Lin H, Lee F, Lee K, Chau G, et al. Thalidomide decreases intrahepatic resistance in cirrhotic rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;380:666-72 pubmed publisher..Conversely, hepatic microvascular density and perfused sinusoids were significantly increased. Thalidomide decreased PVP and IHR by reducing hepatic TXA(2) and improving hepatic microvascular disruptions in rats with biliary cirrhosis. ..
- Chen K, Lin B, Chien C, Ho C. Emblica officinalis Gaertn. attentuates N-nitrosodiethylamine-induced apoptosis, autophagy, and inflammation in rat livers. J Med Food. 2011;14:746-55 pubmed publisher..Thus Amla supplementation counteracts N-nitrosodiethylamine-induced liver injury via its antioxidant, anti-inflammation, anti-apoptosis, and anti-autophagy properties...
- Chen C, Cheng H. A rice bran oil diet increases LDL-receptor and HMG-CoA reductase mRNA expressions and insulin sensitivity in rats with streptozotocin/nicotinamide-induced type 2 diabetes. J Nutr. 2006;136:1472-6 pubmed..The high contents of gamma-oryzanol and gamma-tocotrienol in RBO can lead to increased fecal neutral sterol and bile acid excretion, via upregulation of cholesterol synthesis and catabolism. ..
- Huang H, Wang S, Lee F, Chan C, Chang F, Lin H, et al. Simvastatin for rats with thioacetamide-induced liver failure and encephalopathy. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008;23:e236-42 pubmed..The aim of this study was to assess the effects of simvastatin on rats with TAA-induced acute liver damage and hepatic encephalopathy...
- Yang M, Chen H, Lee H, Lin C. Risk factors and survival of early bleeding after esophageal variceal ligation. Hepatogastroenterology. 2007;54:1705-9 pubmed..We should closely monitor the symptoms/signs of infection and empirical antibiotics should be administered once infection is suspected or documented, especially in cirrhotic patients with poor liver reserve. ..
- Yu C, Chang M, Chien C, Chen Y, Chang M, Chen H. Hepatocyte transplantation and the differentiation fate of host oval cells in acute severe hepatic injury. Cell Transplant. 2010;19:231-43 pubmed publisher..We conclude that hepatocyte transplantation changes the mechanism of liver reconstitution and affects the differentiation fate of host oval cells in acute severe hepatic injury. ..
- Wu Y, Fu S, Kao C, Yang C, Lin C, Hsu M, et al. Chemopreventive effect of silymarin on liver pathology in HBV X protein transgenic mice. Cancer Res. 2008;68:2033-42 pubmed publisher..This drug should be considered as a potential chemopreventive agent for HBV-related hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Chung C, Yang W, Liang C, Liu H, Lai S, Chang C. Cytopiloyne, a polyacetylenic glucoside from Bidens pilosa, acts as a novel anticandidal agent via regulation of macrophages. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;184:72-80 pubmed publisher..parapsilosis. Our data suggested that CP, as an immunomodulator, enhances macrophage activity against C. parapsilosis infections. ..
- Her G, Yeh Y, Wu J. 435-bp liver regulatory sequence in the liver fatty acid binding protein (L-FABP) gene is sufficient to modulate liver regional expression in transgenic zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:347-56 pubmed
- Huang Y, Wang P, Tiao M, Chou M, Du Y, Huang C, et al. Glucocorticoid modulates high-mobility group box 1 expression and Toll-like receptor activation in obstructive jaundice. J Surg Res. 2011;170:e47-55 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that obstructive jaundice may induce hepatic HMGB1 expression with activation of TLR4 and a number of downstream signaling molecules, which can be reversed by glucocorticoid administration. ..
- Chang L, Hsieh J, Chen W, Tam M. Identification of rat liver glutathione S-transferase Yb subunits by partial N-terminal sequencing after electroblotting of proteins onto a polyvinylidene difluoride membrane from an analytical isoelectric focusing gel. Electrophoresis. 1990;11:589-93 pubmed..We have also located on the pH 3-10 focusing gel an N-terminal blocked glutathione S-transferase which has a molecular weight similar to Yb subunits. ..
- Lin C, Hsu Y, Lin T, Hsu H. Antioxidant and hepatoprotective effects of punicalagin and punicalin on acetaminophen-induced liver damage in rats. Phytother Res. 2001;15:206-12 pubmed..These results suggest that even if punicalagin and punicalin have antioxidant activity at small doses, treatment with larger doses will possibly induce some cell toxicities...
- Liu F, Shian Y, Huang W, Kao C. Usefulness of technetium-99m hexamethylpropylene amine oxime lung scan to detect sub-clinical lung injury of patients with breast cancer after chemotherapy. Anticancer Res. 2003;23:3505-7 pubmed
- Kuo C, Tsai L, Chin T, Chang G, Chou W. Lysine residues 162 and 340 are involved in the catalysis and coenzyme binding of NADP(+)-dependent malic enzyme from pigeon. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;270:821-5 pubmed publisher..7 +/- 5.07 vs 3.49 +/- 0.05 microM). We propose that the NADP(+) specificity is determined by the electrostatic interaction between the epsilon-amino group of K340 and 2'-phosphate of NADP(+)...
- Tain Y, Chen C, Lee C, Kao Y, Sheen J, Yu H, et al. Melatonin regulates L-arginine transport and NADPH oxidase in young rats with bile duct ligation: role of protein kinase C. Pediatr Res. 2013;73:395-401 pubmed publisher..Melatonin inhibits PKC-? to increase cationic amino acid transporter-1 (CAT-1)-mediated L-arginine uptake in BDL liver, whereas it inhibits PKC-? to reduce NADPH-dependent superoxide production. ..
- Chen M, Jan Y, Wang C, Jeng L, Hwang T, Chen S. Intrahepatic stones associated with cholangiocarcinoma. Am J Gastroenterol. 1989;84:391-5 pubmed
- Chao P, Chao C, Lin F, Huang C. Oxidized frying oil up-regulates hepatic acyl-CoA oxidase and cytochrome P450 4 A1 genes in rats and activates PPARalpha. J Nutr. 2001;131:3166-74 pubmed..The results support our hypothesis that dietary OFO, by activating PPARalpha, up-regulates the expression of PPARalpha downstream genes and alters lipid metabolism in rats. ..
- Pan H, Lin Y, Chen Y, Vance D, Leiter E. Adverse hepatic and cardiac responses to rosiglitazone in a new mouse model of type 2 diabetes: relation to dysregulated phosphatidylcholine metabolism. Vascul Pharmacol. 2006;45:65-71 pubmed..This model system demonstrates how the power of mouse genetics can be used to identify the metabolic signatures of individuals who may be prone to drug side effects. ..
- Hsieh C, Wang P, Lee S, Huang C, Chang N, Chen C, et al. Glucocorticoid pretreatment suppresses chemokine expression and inflammatory cell infiltration in cholestatic rats receiving biliary intervention. J Pediatr Surg. 2006;41:1669-75 pubmed..Glucocorticoid pretreatment suppresses chemokine expression and inflammatory cell infiltration, which may consequently alleviate liver injury in cholestatic rats receiving biliary intervention. ..
- Kuo T, Hung S, Chuang C, Chen C, Shih Y, Fang S, et al. Stem cell therapy for liver disease: parameters governing the success of using bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Gastroenterology. 2008;134:2111-21, 2121.e1-3 pubmed publisher..Bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells can effectively rescue experimental liver failure and contribute to liver regeneration and offer a potentially alternative therapy to organ transplantation for treatment of liver diseases. ..
- Hsueh Y, Chang Y, Loh C, Gershwin M, Chuang Y. AAV-IL-22 modifies liver chemokine activity and ameliorates portal inflammation in murine autoimmune cholangitis. J Autoimmun. 2016;66:89-97 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we submit that the clinical use of IL-22 has a potential role in modulating the inflammatory portal process in patients with PBC. ..
- Shih C, Chen S, Chen A, Wu J, Liaw W, Wu C. Therapeutic effects of hypertonic saline on peritonitis-induced septic shock with multiple organ dysfunction syndrome in rats. Crit Care Med. 2008;36:1864-72 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that hypertonic saline could be a potential and inexpensive therapeutic agent in the early sepsis of animals or patients. ..
- Huang C, Lin W, Hsu F, Tsai P, Hou C. Metabolomics investigation of exercise-modulated changes in metabolism in rat liver after exhaustive and endurance exercises. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2010;108:557-66 pubmed publisher..In addition, GC-MS-based metabolomic analysis is a promising tool to investigate a pathological status with different exercise programs. ..
- Lee B, Hsu W, Hsu Y, Pan T. Dimerumic acid attenuates receptor for advanced glycation endproducts signal to inhibit inflammation and diabetes mediated by Nrf2 activation and promotes methylglyoxal metabolism into d-lactic acid. Free Radic Biol Med. 2013;60:7-16 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results indicate that DMA is a novel antioxidant and Nrf2 activator that lowers AGE levels and may prove to be an effective treatment for diabetes. ..
- Yuan R, Chang K, Chen Y, Hsu H, Lee P, Lai P, et al. S100P expression is a novel prognostic factor in hepatocellular carcinoma and predicts survival in patients with high tumor stage or early recurrent tumors. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65501 pubmed publisher..0002, respectively). Our study indicates the expression of the S100P protein is a novel independent predictor for poor prognosis in HCC, and it is also an unfavorable prognostic predictor in HCC patients with high tumor stage or ETR. ..
- Huang M, Yen L, Liu H, Liu P, Chung F, Wang T, et al. Significant overexpression of DVL1 in Taiwanese colorectal cancer patients with liver metastasis. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:20492-507 pubmed publisher..05). Our experimental results demonstrated that DVL1 is significantly overexpressed in CRC patients with liver metastasis, leading us to conclude that DVL1 could be a potential prognostic and predictive marker for CRC patients. ..
- Shen C, Tung S, Huang W, Lu C, Lee K, Hsieh Y, et al. Exploring the effects of tert-butylhydroperoxide induced liver injury using proteomic approach. Toxicology. 2014;316:61-70 pubmed publisher..We concluded that the mechanism of t-BHP-induced an apoptosis cascade and endoplasmic reticulum stress in hepatocyte cells by up-regulation of ETFA, providing a new mechanism for liver injury. ..
- Wei I. The influence of dietary restriction on vitamin B-6 vitamer distribution and on vitamin B-6 metabolizing enzymes in rats. J Am Coll Nutr. 1999;18:144-51 pubmed..The duration of dietary restriction influenced the distribution of vitamin B-6 vitamers. When plasma PLP is used to evaluate vitamin B-6 status, the length of dietary restriction should be considered. ..
- Wang C, Shih H, Wen Y, Huang M, Huang C, Lee C. Hemoperitoneum increases the incidence of bacterial translocation. Hepatogastroenterology. 2008;55:879-82 pubmed..Severe hemorrhage in rats increases the incidence of BT and the incidence is even greater in the presence of hemoperitoneum. ..
- Liao Y, Chen K, Huang S, Chen T, Wang C, Chien C, et al. Deficiency of glycine N-methyltransferase results in deterioration of cellular defense to stress in mouse liver. Proteomics Clin Appl. 2010;4:394-406 pubmed publisher..7% (1/6) of male and 20% (1/5) of female wild-type mice had HCC. GNMT regulates genes related to detoxification and anti-oxidation pathways. BaP is a liver cancer carcinogen especially during GNMT deficiency. ..
- Wang C, Pi C, Kuo C, Zhuang Y, Khoo K, Liu W, et al. Polysaccharides purified from the submerged culture of Ganoderma formosanum stimulate macrophage activation and protect mice against Listeria monocytogenes infection. Biotechnol Lett. 2011;33:2271-8 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the heteropolysaccharides produced by G. formosanum can activate the innate immune response on macrophages...
- Hsu F, Huang C, Chen Y, Yen Y, Wu C, Uang B, et al. Antidiabetic effects of pterosin A, a small-molecular-weight natural product, on diabetic mouse models. Diabetes. 2013;62:628-38 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that pterosin A may be a potential therapeutic option for diabetes. ..
- Lin Y, Tseng K, Yeh Y, Yang F, Fung C, Chen N. TREM-1 promotes survival during Klebsiella pneumoniae liver abscess in mice. Infect Immun. 2014;82:1335-42 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae. TREM-1 deficiency enhances K. pneumoniae translocation in the small intestine and increases mortality rates in mice with KPLA. ..
- Chen S, Lin L, Kuo Y, Liang J, Kuo C, Chiou J. Phase 2 study of combined sorafenib and radiation therapy in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014;88:1041-7 pubmed publisher..A CLIP score ?2 was associated with an inferior outcome in overall survival. Hepatic toxicities are a major determinant of the safety; the combination should be used with caution and needs further investigation. ..
- Nakano T, Chen C, Goto S, Lai C, Hsu L, Kawamoto S, et al. The immunological role of lipid transfer/metabolic proteins in liver transplantation tolerance. Transpl Immunol. 2007;17:130-6 pubmed
- Dai C, Chuang W, Lee L, Pan W, Huang J, Hsieh M, et al. Association between transforming growth factor-beta 1 polymorphism and virologic characteristics of chronic hepatitis C. Transl Res. 2008;152:151-6 pubmed publisher..Female patients who carry T allele at position +29 were predisposed to be associated with HCV genotype non-1b infection and lesser HCV viral load, which revealed the gender effect. ..
- Huang C, Lin T, Lu Y, Chen C, Huang C, Lin W. Protective effects of L-arginine supplementation against exhaustive exercise-induced oxidative stress in young rat tissues. Chin J Physiol. 2009;52:306-15 pubmed..These findings suggest that L-Arg supplementation reduces the oxidative damage to and inflammatory response in skeletal muscles, the liver, and kidneys caused by exhaustive exercise in young rats. ..
- Hwang Verslues W, Sladek F. HNF4?--role in drug metabolism and potential drug target?. Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2010;10:698-705 pubmed publisher..This review will discuss the role of HNF4? in drug metabolism, including the genes it regulates, the factors that regulate its activity, and its potential as a drug target. ..
- Wang Y, Lin S, Chuang Y, Sheu W, Tung K, Chen C. Activation of hepatic inflammatory pathways by catecholamines is associated with hepatic insulin resistance in male ischemic stroke rats. Endocrinology. 2014;155:1235-46 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that acute ischemic stroke can activate proinflammatory pathways in the liver by the catecholamines and is associated with the development of hepatic insulin resistance. ..
- Yu H, Lin B, Lee H, Shun C, Yang C, Lai T, et al. Sympathetic vesicovascular reflex induced by acute urinary retention evokes proinflammatory and proapoptotic injury in rat liver. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2005;288:F1005-14 pubmed..Reduction of the hepatic sympathetic tone or antioxidant supplement significantly attenuates these injuries. ..
- Wu S, Ng L, Lin C. Antioxidant activities of some common ingredients of traditional chinese medicine, Angelica sinensis, Lycium barbarum and Poria cocos. Phytother Res. 2004;18:1008-12 pubmed..These results also suggest that LB extract is a good source of antioxidant agent in the daily dietary supplement. ..
- Huang L, Hsu C, Tsai T, Wang S, Yang R. Suppression of mitochondrial ATPase inhibitor protein (IF1) in the liver of late septic rats. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1767:888-96 pubmed..These results confirm the first evidence showing that the suppression of IF1 expression and subsequent elevated mitochondrial F0F1-ATPase activity might contribute to the bioenergetic failure in the liver during late sepsis. ..
- Lin C, Shiau T, Ko Y, Chen P, Wang J. Prevalence and determinants of biochemical dysfunction of the liver in Atayal Aboriginal community of Taiwan: is betel nut chewing a risk factor?. BMC Gastroenterol. 2008;8:13 pubmed publisher..Further study is needed to corroborate the above hypothesis. ..
- Hsiao H, Liu W, Wang C, Lo Y, Wu Y, Jiang S, et al. Deltex1 is a target of the transcription factor NFAT that promotes T cell anergy. Immunity. 2009;31:72-83 pubmed publisher..DTX1 therefore represents a component downstream of calcium-NFAT signaling that regulates T cell anergy. ..
- Lin C, Lin L, Chiang C, Wang W, Su Y, Hung K, et al. Investigation of the associations between low-dose serum perfluorinated chemicals and liver enzymes in US adults. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010;105:1354-63 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to clarify the casual relationship between PFCs and these liver enzymes. ..