Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on lipoprotein receptors in Germany
Topic: lipoprotein receptors
- Andersen O, Benhayon D, Curran T, Willnow T. Differential binding of ligands to the apolipoprotein E receptor 2. Biochemistry. 2003;42:9355-64 pubmed..This finding indicates that aggregation of apoER2 by multivalent ligands such as Reelin may be the structural basis for signal transduction. ..
- Andersen O, Yeung C, Vorum H, Wellner M, Andreassen T, Erdmann B, et al. Essential role of the apolipoprotein E receptor-2 in sperm development. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:23989-95 pubmed
- Langer C, Gansz B, Goepfert C, Engel T, Uehara Y, von Dehn G, et al. Testosterone up-regulates scavenger receptor BI and stimulates cholesterol efflux from macrophages. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;296:1051-7 pubmed..These data suggest that testosterone, despite lowering HDL cholesterol, intensifies reverse cholesterol transport and thereby exerts an anti-atherogenic rather than a pro-atherogenic effect...
- Haas C, Dudeck O, Kirsch M, Huszka C, Kann G, Pollak S, et al. Role for reelin in the development of granule cell dispersion in temporal lobe epilepsy. J Neurosci. 2002;22:5797-802 pubmed..These results suggest that reelin is required for normal neuronal lamination in humans, and that deficient reelin expression may be involved in migration defects associated with temporal lobe epilepsy. ..
- Gebhardt C, Del Turco D, Drakew A, Tielsch A, Herz J, Frotscher M, et al. Abnormal positioning of granule cells alters afferent fiber distribution in the mouse fascia dentata: morphologic evidence from reeler, apolipoprotein E receptor 2-, and very low density lipoprotein receptor knockout mice. J Comp Neurol. 2002;445:278-92 pubmed..These data provide further evidence for a role of granule cells in the laminar termination of commissural/associational afferents to the fascia dentata. ..
- Drobnik W, Lindenthal B, Lieser B, Ritter M, Christiansen Weber T, Liebisch G, et al. ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 (ABCA1) affects total body sterol metabolism. Gastroenterology. 2001;120:1203-11 pubmed..Our aim was to further analyze the role of ABCA1 in cholesterol metabolism...
- Kerkhoff C, Sorg C, Tandon N, Nacken W. Interaction of S100A8/S100A9-arachidonic acid complexes with the scavenger receptor CD36 may facilitate fatty acid uptake by endothelial cells. Biochemistry. 2001;40:241-8 pubmed..Therefore, it can be envisioned that their interaction might propagate host response by perpetuating recruitment and activation of cellular effectors. ..
- Buechler C, Ritter M, Orso E, Langmann T, Klucken J, Schmitz G. Regulation of scavenger receptor CD163 expression in human monocytes and macrophages by pro- and antiinflammatory stimuli. J Leukoc Biol. 2000;67:97-103 pubmed..This expression pattern implies a functional role of CD 163 in the antiinflammatory response of monocytes. ..
- Droste A, Sorg C, Hogger P. Shedding of CD163, a novel regulatory mechanism for a member of the scavenger receptor cysteine-rich family. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;256:110-3 pubmed..These results indicate a specific release mechanism of soluble CD163 by human monocytes which could play an important role in modulating inflammatory processes. ..
- Lohrke B, Viergutz T, Kruger B. Polar phospholipids from bovine endogenously oxidized low density lipoprotein interfere with follicular thecal function. J Mol Endocrinol. 2005;35:531-45 pubmed
- Stolt P, Bock H. Modulation of lipoprotein receptor functions by intracellular adaptor proteins. Cell Signal. 2006;18:1560-71 pubmed
- Chai X, Forster E, Zhao S, Bock H, Frotscher M. Reelin stabilizes the actin cytoskeleton of neuronal processes by inducing n-cofilin phosphorylation at serine3. J Neurosci. 2009;29:288-99 pubmed publisher..These novel findings suggest that Reelin-induced stabilization of neuronal processes anchors them to the marginal zone which appears to be required for the directional migration process. ..