Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on light in United States
Locale: United States
Publications395 found, 100 shown here
- Gill K, Wolfsen H, Preyer N, Scott M, Gross S, Wallace M, et al. Pilot study on light dosimetry variables for photodynamic therapy of Barrett's esophagus with high-grade dysplasia. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:1830-6 pubmed publisher..The porfimer sodium content of Barrett's and normal tissue is not significantly different. "Photodynamic dose" for esophageal PDT should incorporate the esophageal thickness. ..
- Zhang R, Sharkey T. Photosynthetic electron transport and proton flux under moderate heat stress. Photosynth Res. 2009;100:29-43 pubmed publisher..We propose that heat alters the redox balance away from PSII and toward PSI and that the regulation of CEF helps photosynthesis tolerate heat stress. ..
- Mydlarz L, McGinty E, Harvell C. What are the physiological and immunological responses of coral to climate warming and disease?. J Exp Biol. 2010;213:934-45 pubmed publisher..However, there is huge variability in responses among coral species, and the rate of climate change is projected to be so rapid that only extremely hardy taxa are likely to survive the projected changes in climate stressors. ..
- Joyce L, Aguirre J, Angeles Boza A, Chouai A, Fu P, Dunbar K, et al. Photophysical properties, DNA photocleavage, and photocytotoxicity of a series of dppn dirhodium(II,II) complexes. Inorg Chem. 2010;49:5371-6 pubmed publisher..These results are explained in terms of the known ability of the complexes to transverse cellular membranes, the toxicity of the complexes in the dark, and their photophysical properties. ..
- Duehl A, Cohnstaedt L, Arbogast R, Teal P. Evaluating light attraction to increase trap efficiency for Tribolium castaneum (Coleoptera: Tenebrionidae). J Econ Entomol. 2011;104:1430-5 pubmed..LEDs can easily be added onto existing trap designs or new traps can be designed to take full advantage of positive phototaxis...
- Kumar A, Lakshmanan V, Caplan J, Powell D, Czymmek K, Levia D, et al. Rhizobacteria Bacillus subtilis restricts foliar pathogen entry through stomata. Plant J. 2012;72:694-706 pubmed publisher..These results emphasize the importance of rhizospheric processes and environmental conditions as an integral part of the plant innate immune system against foliar bacterial infections. ..
- Ragatz L, Jiang Z, Bauer C, Gest H. Macroscopic phototactic behavior of the purple photosynthetic bacterium Rhodospirillum centenum. Arch Microbiol. 1995;163:1-6 pubmed..In the present study we further characterize the phototactic behavior of R. centenum swarm colonies and provide an action spectrum that delineates regions of the spectrum that elicit positive and negative phototaxis...
- Hall A, Bleecker A. Analysis of combinatorial loss-of-function mutants in the Arabidopsis ethylene receptors reveals that the ers1 etr1 double mutant has severe developmental defects that are EIN2 dependent. Plant Cell. 2003;15:2032-41 pubmed..Introduction of an ein2 loss-of-function mutation into the ers1 etr1 double mutant line resulted in plants that phenocopy ein2 single mutants, indicating that all phenotypes observed in the ers1 etr1 double mutant are EIN2 dependent. ..
- Barnes IV J, Hieftje G. Design and characterization of a directly polarized radioluminescent light source. Analyst. 2004;129:779-82 pubmed..The RL source with the highest degree of polarization was constructed from polystyrene and anthracene...
- Griffith T, Sultan S. Shade tolerance plasticity in response to neutral vs green shade cues in Polygonum species of contrasting ecological breadth. New Phytol. 2005;166:141-7 pubmed..The pronounced plastic response of P. persicaria to neutral shade may contribute to the range of habitats this widespread species can occupy, which includes neutral-shade environments such as urban settings...
- Saranak J, Foster K. Photoreceptor for curling behavior in Peranema trichophorum and evolution of eukaryotic rhodopsins. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:1605-12 pubmed..This property seems universal among the Euglenozoa, Plant, and Fungus kingdom rhodopsins. The rhodopsins of animals have yet to be studied in this respect. The photoresponse appears to be mediated by Ca2+ influx...
- Krykunov M, Kundrat M, Autschbach J. Calculation of circular dichroism spectra from optical rotatory dispersion, and vice versa, as complementary tools for theoretical studies of optical activity using time-dependent density functional theory. J Chem Phys. 2006;125:194110 pubmed..It has been tested by calculating the ORD from the sum-over-states formula both in the nonresonant and resonant regions. Finally, we have applied these methods to model the resonant optical activity of proline at low pH. ..
- Dunn F, Lankheet M, Rieke F. Light adaptation in cone vision involves switching between receptor and post-receptor sites. Nature. 2007;449:603-6 pubmed..These findings help explain how human cone vision encodes everyday scenes, and, more generally, how sensory systems handle the challenges posed by a diverse physical environment. ..
- Rohrer B, Guo Y, Kunchithapautham K, Gilkeson G. Eliminating complement factor D reduces photoreceptor susceptibility to light-induced damage. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:5282-9 pubmed..Thus, the light damage albino mouse model may be a good model to study complement-mediated photoreceptor degeneration. ..
- Bean G, Amann K. Polymerization properties of the Thermotoga maritima actin MreB: roles of temperature, nucleotides, and ions. Biochemistry. 2008;47:826-35 pubmed..Because of the relatively low cellular concentration of MreB and the observed structural properties of the polymer, a single MreB assembly may exist in cells...
- Antwi K, Mahar M, Srikanth R, Olbris M, Tyson J, Vachet R. Cu(II) organizes beta-2-microglobulin oligomers but is released upon amyloid formation. Protein Sci. 2008;17:748-59 pubmed publisher..Thus, Cu(II) appears to play a catalytic role by enabling the organization of the necessary oligomeric intermediates that precede beta2m amyloid formation. ..
- Fan X, Miles J, Takahashi N, Yao G. Sex-specific lateralization of contraction anisocoria in transient pupillary light reflex. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:1137-44 pubmed publisher..In addition, the effects of sex were related to the ambient light level and stimulus intensity. These results provide evidence that contraction anisocoria is more laterally asymmetric in males than in females. ..
- Tarasevich B, Lea S, Bernt W, Engelhard M, Shaw W. Adsorption of amelogenin onto self-assembled and fluoroapatite surfaces. J Phys Chem B. 2009;113:1833-42 pubmed publisher..This work suggests that amelogenin may have a range of possible quaternary structures that interact with surfaces. ..
- Anand S, Honari G, Hasan T, Elson P, Maytin E. Low-dose methotrexate enhances aminolevulinate-based photodynamic therapy in skin carcinoma cells in vitro and in vivo. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:3333-43 pubmed publisher..Combination therapy using short-term exposure to low-dose methotrexate followed by ALA-PDT should be further investigated as a new combination modality to enhance efficacy and selectivity of PDT for epithelial carcinomas. ..
- Webb B, Ballinger J, Kim E, Belchik S, Lam K, Youn B, et al. Characterization of chlorophenol 4-monooxygenase (TftD) and NADH:FAD oxidoreductase (TftC) of Burkholderia cepacia AC1100. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:2014-27 pubmed publisher..Additional experimental data also support the diffusion of FADH(2) between TftC and TftD without direct physical interaction between the two enzymes...
- Zewail A. Micrographia of the twenty-first century: from camera obscura to 4D microscopy. Philos Trans A Math Phys Eng Sci. 2010;368:1191-204 pubmed publisher..Such observations provide the means for visualizing materials behaviour and biological function, with the aim of understanding emergent phenomena in complex systems. ..
- Lesser M, Slattery M, Stat M, Ojimi M, Gates R, Grottoli A. Photoacclimatization by the coral Montastraea cavernosa in the mesophotic zone: light, food, and genetics. Ecology. 2010;91:990-1003 pubmed..cavernosa are occurring. ..
- Zuo F, Wang L, Wu T, Zhang Z, Borchardt D, Feng P. Self-doped Ti3+ enhanced photocatalyst for hydrogen production under visible light. J Am Chem Soc. 2010;132:11856-7 pubmed publisher..It is worth noting that the Ti(3+) sites in the sample are highly stable in air or water under irradiation and the photocatalyst can be repeatedly used without degradation in the activity. ..
- Gao H, Hollyfield J. Basic fibroblast growth factor: increased gene expression in inherited and light-induced photoreceptor degeneration. Exp Eye Res. 1996;62:181-9 pubmed..We speculate that endogenous bFGF may function as a photoreceptor protection/rescue factor that is activated in response to photoreceptor stress. ..
- McClung C, Hsu M, Painter J, Gagne J, Karlsberg S, Salomé P. Integrated temporal regulation of the photorespiratory pathway. Circadian regulation of two Arabidopsis genes encoding serine hydroxymethyltransferase. Plant Physiol. 2000;123:381-92 pubmed..In addition, we show that SHM1 mRNA accumulates in light-grown seedlings, although this response is probably an indirect consequence of the induction of photosynthesis and photorespiration by illumination. ..
- Phillips J, Deutschlander M, Freake M, Borland S. The role of extraocular photoreceptors in newt magnetic compass orientation: parallels between light-dependent magnetoreception and polarized light detection in vertebrates. J Exp Biol. 2001;204:2543-52 pubmed
- Woodbury R, Hardy S, Randall L. Complex behavior in solution of homodimeric SecA. Protein Sci. 2002;11:875-82 pubmed
- Junicke H, Hart J, Kisko J, Glebov O, Kirsch I, Barton J. A rhodium(III) complex for high-affinity DNA base-pair mismatch recognition. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:3737-42 pubmed..Agreement is found between photocleavage by the mismatch-specific probes and deficiency in mismatch repair. This mismatch-specific targeting, therefore, offers a potential strategy for new chemotherapeutic design...
- Kercher S, Zedler J. Multiple disturbances accelerate invasion of reed canary grass (Phalaris arundinaceaL.) in a mesocosm study. Oecologia. 2004;138:455-64 pubmed..A separate experiment likewise revealed a synergistic interaction between added nutrients and simulated grazing. We suggest that multiple factors be mitigated simultaneously to reduce invasion of Phalaris...
- Qu X, Schaller G. Requirement of the histidine kinase domain for signal transduction by the ethylene receptor ETR1. Plant Physiol. 2004;136:2961-70 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the His kinase domain plays a role in the repression of ethylene responses. The potential roles of the receiver domain and His kinase activity in ethylene signaling are discussed. ..
- Beahm D, Oshima A, Gaietta G, Hand G, Smock A, Zucker S, et al. Mutation of a conserved threonine in the third transmembrane helix of alpha- and beta-connexins creates a dominant-negative closed gap junction channel. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:7994-8009 pubmed..This mutant may be useful as a tool for knocking down or knocking out connexin function in vitro or in vivo. ..
- White D, Fritz J, Hauswirth W, Kaushal S, Lewin A. Increased sensitivity to light-induced damage in a mouse model of autosomal dominant retinal disease. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:1942-51 pubmed
- Chen C, Ringelberg C, Gross R, Dunlap J, Loros J. Genome-wide analysis of light-inducible responses reveals hierarchical light signalling in Neurospora. EMBO J. 2009;28:1029-42 pubmed publisher..The data provide a global picture of transcriptional response to light, as well as illuminating the cis- and trans-acting elements comprising the regulatory signalling cascade that governs the photobiological response...
- Zhang R, Hrushesky W, Wood P, Lee S, Hunt R, Jahng W. Melatonin reprogrammes proteomic profile in light-exposed retina in vivo. Int J Biol Macromol. 2010;47:255-60 pubmed publisher..Identification of melatonin target proteins in our study provides a basis for future studies on melatonin's potential in preventing or treating light-induced retinal degeneration. ..
- Lee H, Arnouk H, Sripathi S, Chen P, Zhang R, Bartoli M, et al. Prohibitin as an oxidative stress biomarker in the eye. Int J Biol Macromol. 2010;47:685-90 pubmed publisher..Our proteomic approach implies that prohibitin in the RPE and the retina could be a new biomarker protein of oxidative stress in aging and diabetes. ..
- Webb I, Coolen L, Lehman M. NMDA and PACAP receptor signaling interact to mediate retinal-induced scn cellular rhythmicity in the absence of light. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76365 pubmed publisher..These results highlight a novel function for glutamate and PACAP release in the hamster SCN apart from their well-known roles in the induction of photic circadian clock resetting. ..
- Meyer L, Sullivan S. Bright lights, big city: influences of ecological light pollution on reciprocal stream-riparian invertebrate fluxes. Ecol Appl. 2013;23:1322-30 pubmed..015). Our results provide evidence that artificial light sources can alter community structure and ecosystem function in streams via changes in reciprocal aquatic-terrestrial fluxes of invertebrates. ..
- Burgie E, Zhang J, Vierstra R. Crystal Structure of Deinococcus Phytochrome in the Photoactivated State Reveals a Cascade of Structural Rearrangements during Photoconversion. Structure. 2016;24:448-57 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data support a cooperative "toggle" model for phytochrome photoconversion and advance our understanding of the allosteric connection between the photosensory and output modules. ..
- Hendrickson A, Djajadi H, Nakamura L, Possin D, Sajuthi D. Nocturnal tarsier retina has both short and long/medium-wavelength cones in an unusual topography. J Comp Neurol. 2000;424:718-30 pubmed..Although the functional characteristics of the tarsier S and L/M cone systems are yet to be determined, tarsier cone proteins and distribution have some similarities to both New and Old World monkey retinas...
- Goode C, Maney D, Rubel E, Fuchs A. Visual influences on the development and recovery of the vestibuloocular reflex in the chicken. J Neurophysiol. 2001;85:1119-28 pubmed..Thus an 8-wk-old chicken raised in a strobe environment from hatch would have the same gain as a streptomycin-treated chicken that recovers in a strobe environment. ..
- Obermeyer W, Benca R. REM sleep in response to light and dark in congenic albino and pigmented F344 rats. Sleep Res Online. 1999;2:83-8 pubmed..These results indicate that different systems are involved in regulating sleep-waking and REM sleep responses to light and further that these systems are differentially affected by alleles at (or near) the c locus and/or albinism. ..
- Solessio E, Mani S, Cuenca N, Engbretson G, Barlow R, Knox B. Developmental regulation of calcium-dependent feedback in Xenopus rods. J Gen Physiol. 2004;124:569-85 pubmed..We conclude that larval Xenopus maximize sensitivity at the expense of slower response kinetics while adults maximize response kinetics at the expense of sensitivity. ..
- Wilson R, Kunchithapautham K, Rohrer B. Paradoxical role of BDNF: BDNF+/- retinas are protected against light damage-mediated stress. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:2877-86 pubmed..Survival was paralleled by a reduction in oxidative stress and the preservation of neurotrophin levels, suggesting that chronic reduction of BDNF in the retina provides a level of preconditioning against stress. ..
- Zuloaga D, McGivern R, Handa R. Organizational influence of the postnatal testosterone surge on the circadian rhythm of core body temperature of adult male rats. Brain Res. 2009;1268:68-75 pubmed publisher..Together, results of these studies reveal an early organizational role of testosterone in males on the timing of the circadian rise of CBT, a difference that does not appear to reflect "defeminization". ..
- Schei J, Foust A, Rojas M, Navas J, Rector D. State-dependent auditory evoked hemodynamic responses recorded optically with indwelling photodiodes. Appl Opt. 2009;48:D121-9 pubmed
- Schapiro I, Ryazantsev M, Frutos L, Ferré N, Lindh R, Olivucci M. The ultrafast photoisomerizations of rhodopsin and bathorhodopsin are modulated by bond length alternation and HOOP driven electronic effects. J Am Chem Soc. 2011;133:3354-64 pubmed publisher..It is also confirmed/found that the phase and amplitude of the hydrogen-out-of-plane mode controls the stereochemical outcome of the forward and reverse photoisomerizations. ..
- Stewart J, Maloof J, Nemhauser J. PIF genes mediate the effect of sucrose on seedling growth dynamics. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19894 pubmed publisher..PIFs have well-established roles as integrators of response to light levels, time of day and phytohormone signaling. Our findings strongly suggest that carbon availability can modify the known photomorphogenetic signaling network. ..
- Arumugam S, Orski S, Locklin J, Popik V. Photoreactive polymer brushes for high-density patterned surface derivatization using a Diels-Alder photoclick reaction. J Am Chem Soc. 2012;134:179-82 pubmed publisher..The Diels-Alder photoclick reaction is orthogonal to azide-alkyne click chemistry, enabling sequential photoclick/azide-click derivatizations to generate complex surface functionalities. ..
- Fonken L, Haim A, Nelson R. Dim light at night increases immune function in Nile grass rats, a diurnal rodent. Chronobiol Int. 2012;29:26-34 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicate nighttime light affects immune parameters in a diurnal rodent. ..
- Chan M, Schopf E, Sankaranarayanan J, Almutairi A. Iron oxide nanoparticle-based magnetic resonance method to monitor release kinetics from polymeric particles with high resolution. Anal Chem. 2012;84:7779-84 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the kinetics matched the relative hydrophobicity order determined by octanol-water partition coefficients. To the best of our knowledge, this method provides the highest resolution of release kinetics to date. ..
- Kitajima K, Cordero R, Wright S. Leaf life span spectrum of tropical woody seedlings: effects of light and ontogeny and consequences for survival. Ann Bot. 2013;112:685-99 pubmed publisher..Both seedling leaf life span and stem density should be considered as key functional traits that contribute to seedling survival in tropical forest understoreys. ..
- Koushan K, Rusovici R, Li W, Ferguson L, Chalam K. The role of lutein in eye-related disease. Nutrients. 2013;5:1823-39 pubmed publisher..Our review offers insight into current clinical trials and experimental animal studies involving lutein, and possible role of nutritional intervention in common ocular diseases that cause blindness. ..
- Tobin E, Grünbaum D, Patterson J, Cattolico R. Behavioral and physiological changes during benthic-pelagic transition in the harmful alga, Heterosigma akashiwo: potential for rapid bloom formation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76663 pubmed publisher..akashiwo blooms form. Our findings highlight the need for identification and quantification of strain-specific physiological and behavioral traits to improve mechanistic understanding of bloom formation and successful bloom prediction. ..
- Giraldo J, Landry M, Faltermeier S, McNicholas T, Iverson N, Boghossian A, et al. Plant nanobionics approach to augment photosynthesis and biochemical sensing. Nat Mater. 2014;13:400-8 pubmed publisher..Nanobionics engineering of plant function may contribute to the development of biomimetic materials for light-harvesting and biochemical detection with regenerative properties and enhanced efficiency. ..
- Wang B, Zhang Y, Venkitasamy C, Wu B, Pan Z, Ma H. Effect of pulsed light on activity and structural changes of horseradish peroxidase. Food Chem. 2017;234:20-25 pubmed publisher..Pulsed light could effectively inactivate horseradish peroxidase by destroying the secondary and tertiary structures of protein in the active center of the enzyme. ..
- Dragnea V, Waegele M, Balascuta S, Bauer C, Dragnea B. Time-resolved spectroscopic studies of the AppA blue-light receptor BLUF domain from Rhodobacter sphaeroides. Biochemistry. 2005;44:15978-85 pubmed publisher..Dynamics of the AppA photocycle is discussed in view of the currently solved crystallographic structure of AppA...
- Shen H, Luong P, Huq E. The F-box protein MAX2 functions as a positive regulator of photomorphogenesis in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2007;145:1471-83 pubmed..These results suggest that SCF(MAX2) plays critical roles in R, FR, and B light-signaling pathways. In addition, MAX2 might regulate multiple targets at different developmental stages to optimize plant growth and development. ..
- Shen H, Zhu L, Castillon A, Majee M, Downie B, Huq E. Light-induced phosphorylation and degradation of the negative regulator PHYTOCHROME-INTERACTING FACTOR1 from Arabidopsis depend upon its direct physical interactions with photoactivated phytochromes. Plant Cell. 2008;20:1586-602 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that removal of the negative regulators (e.g., PIFs) by light-induced proteolytic degradation might be sufficient to promote photomorphogenesis. ..
- Wang L, Uilecan I, Assadi A, Kozmik C, Spalding E. HYPOTrace: image analysis software for measuring hypocotyl growth and shape demonstrated on Arabidopsis seedlings undergoing photomorphogenesis. Plant Physiol. 2009;149:1632-7 pubmed publisher..HYPOTrace is expected to benefit seedling development research, particularly in the photomorphogenesis field, by replacing many tedious, error-prone manual measurements with a precise, largely automated computational tool...
- Mayberry L, Allen M, Dennis M, Browning K. Evidence for variation in the optimal translation initiation complex: plant eIF4B, eIF4F, and eIF(iso)4F differentially promote translation of mRNAs. Plant Physiol. 2009;150:1844-54 pubmed publisher..It is likely that optimal multifactor initiation complexes exist that allow for optimal translation of mRNAs under a variety of cellular conditions. ..
- Alani A, Bae Y, Rao D, Kwon G. Polymeric micelles for the pH-dependent controlled, continuous low dose release of paclitaxel. Biomaterials. 2010;31:1765-72 pubmed publisher..If successful this delivery system offers an alternative new mode of delivery for paclitaxel with a new scope for its efficacy along with a minimal synthetic framework needed to accomplish this. ..
- Jeong R, Chandra Shekara A, Barman S, Navarre D, Klessig D, Kachroo A, et al. Cryptochrome 2 and phototropin 2 regulate resistance protein-mediated viral defense by negatively regulating an E3 ubiquitin ligase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:13538-43 pubmed publisher..We propose that CRY2/PHOT2 negatively regulate the proteasome-mediated degradation of HRT, likely via COP1, and blue-light relieves this repression resulting in HRT degradation...
- Bezy R, Wiltbank L, Kehoe D. Light-dependent attenuation of phycoerythrin gene expression reveals convergent evolution of green light sensing in cyanobacteria. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:18542-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, the Cgi system appears to be a unique type of signal transduction pathway in which the attenuation of cpeC transcription is regulated by light color. ..
- Aryal U, Stöckel J, Welsh E, Gritsenko M, Nicora C, Koppenaal D, et al. Dynamic proteome analysis of Cyanothece sp. ATCC 51142 under constant light. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:609-19 pubmed publisher..Overall results demonstrated the utility of "non-steady state" pulsed metabolic labeling for systems-wide dynamic quantification of the proteome in Cyanothece ATCC51142 that can also be applied to other cyanobacteria...
- Cohn A, Schimpf A, Gunthardt C, Gamelin D. Size-dependent trap-assisted Auger recombination in semiconductor nanocrystals. Nano Lett. 2013;13:1810-5 pubmed publisher..Because surface carrier traps are ubiquitous in colloidal semiconductor nanocrystals, such fast trap-assisted Auger recombination is likely more prevalent in semiconductor nanocrystal photophysics than previously recognized. ..
- Bedrosian T, Galan A, Vaughn C, Weil Z, Nelson R. Light at night alters daily patterns of cortisol and clock proteins in female Siberian hamsters. J Neuroendocrinol. 2013;25:590-6 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that chronic exposure to dim LAN can dramatically affect fundamental cellular function and emergent physiology. ..
- Wiltbank L, Kehoe D. Two Cyanobacterial Photoreceptors Regulate Photosynthetic Light Harvesting by Sensing Teal, Green, Yellow, and Red Light. MBio. 2016;7:e02130-15 pubmed publisher..Our finding of two photoreceptors with broad light color-sensing capabilities and clearly defined physiological roles provides new insights into complex light color sensing and its regulation. ..
- Huang L, McCluskey M, Ni H, LaRossa R. Global gene expression profiles of the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. strain PCC 6803 in response to irradiation with UV-B and white light. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:6845-58 pubmed..Overall, the gene expression profile analysis generated new insights into the integrated network of genes that adapts rapidly to different wavelengths and intensities of light. ..
- Assefa Z, Haire R, Raison P. Photoluminescence and Raman studies of Sm3+ and Nd3+ ions in zirconia matrices: example of energy transfer and host-guest interactions. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2004;60:89-95 pubmed
- Butcher G, Lee B, Hsieh F, Obrietan K. Light- and clock-dependent regulation of ribosomal S6 kinase activity in the suprachiasmatic nucleus. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;19:907-15 pubmed..Together these results identify RSK-1 as a light- and clock-regulated kinase and raise the possibility that it contributes to entrainment and timing of the circadian pacemaker. ..
- Zeng K, Hwang H, Zhang Y, Cook S. Assessing cytotoxicity of photosensitized transformation products of 2,4,6-trinitrotoluene (TNT) and atrazine with freshwater microbial assemblages. Environ Toxicol. 2004;19:490-6 pubmed..Photoproducts of atrazine--DEA and -DIA, and of TNT could become growth substrates for bacterial assemblages in natural water. ..
- Bond Lamberty B, Gower S, Ahl D, Thornton P. Reimplementation of the Biome-BGC model to simulate successional change. Tree Physiol. 2005;25:413-24 pubmed..We discuss the strengths and limitations of Biome-BGC for this application, and note areas in which further work is necessary for reliable simulation of boreal biogeochemical cycling at a landscape scale. ..
- Fisher O, Kim T, Dietz S, Peppas N. Enhanced core hydrophobicity, functionalization and cell penetration of polybasic nanomatrices. Pharm Res. 2009;26:51-60 pubmed publisher..The results of this work indicate that PDBP nanomatrices have tunable swelling properties. The networks were cytocompatible and proved to be suitable agents for intracellular delivery. ..
- Carmine Simmen K, Proctor T, Tschäpe J, Poeck B, Triphan T, Strauss R, et al. Neurotoxic effects induced by the Drosophila amyloid-beta peptide suggest a conserved toxic function. Neurobiol Dis. 2009;33:274-81 pubmed publisher..In addition, we found that the behavioral phenotypes precede extracellular amyloid deposit formation, supporting results that intracellular Abeta plays a key role in AD. ..
- Morgan J, Hunter J, Merigan W, Williams D. The reduction of retinal autofluorescence caused by light exposure. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50:6015-22 pubmed publisher..Finally, RPE imaging was demonstrated using light levels that do not cause a detectable reduction in autofluorescence. ..
- Mangan S, Herre E, Bever J. Specificity between Neotropical tree seedlings and their fungal mutualists leads to plant-soil feedback. Ecology. 2010;91:2594-603 pubmed..Our experiments suggest that interactions between tropical trees and their associated AMF are species-specific and that these interactions may shape both tree and AMF communities through plant-soil feedback...
- Altura M, Stabb E, Goldman W, Apicella M, McFall Ngai M. Attenuation of host NO production by MAMPs potentiates development of the host in the squid-vibrio symbiosis. Cell Microbiol. 2011;13:527-37 pubmed publisher..These data also provide a mechanism by which symbiont MAMPs regulate host development. ..
- Lee B, Li A, Hansen K, Cao R, Yoon J, Obrietan K. CREB influences timing and entrainment of the SCN circadian clock. J Biol Rhythms. 2010;25:410-20 pubmed publisher..Together, these data support the idea that the CRE transcriptional pathway orchestrates transcriptional events that are essential for both the maintenance of SCN timing and light entrainment of the circadian clock. ..
- Lloyd D, Kausch M, Gancarz A, Beyley L, Richards J. Effects of novelty and methamphetamine on conditioned and sensory reinforcement. Behav Brain Res. 2012;234:312-22 pubmed publisher..The results are consistent with the interpretation that METH-induced increases in reinforcer effectiveness of CRs and SRs may be mediated by immediate sensory consequences, rather than prediction. ..
- Ybe J, Fontaine S, Stone T, Nix J, Lin X, Mishra S. Nuclear localization of clathrin involves a labile helix outside the trimerization domain. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:142-9 pubmed publisher..We propose clathrin has a detrimerization switch, which suggests clathrin topology can be altered naturally for new functions. ..
- Krutmann J, Athar M, Mendel D, Khan I, Guyre P, Mukhtar H, et al. Inhibition of the high affinity Fc receptor (Fc gamma RI) on human monocytes by porphyrin photosensitization is highly specific and mediated by the generation of superoxide radicals. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:11407-13 pubmed..These studies identify porphyrin photosensitization as a unique mechanism by which to selectively down-regulate Fc gamma RI-mediated functions. ..
- Castle L, Meinke D. A FUSCA gene of Arabidopsis encodes a novel protein essential for plant development. Plant Cell. 1994;6:25-41 pubmed..The FUSCA proteins appear to act in a network of signal transduction pathways critical for plant development. ..