Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on kinetics in Japan
Publications310 found, 100 shown here
- Shimomura Y, Murakami T, Fujitsuka N, Nakai N, Sato Y, Sugiyama S, et al. Purification and partial characterization of 3-hydroxyisobutyryl-coenzyme A hydrolase of rat liver. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:14248-53 pubmed
- Juranek I, Suzuki H, Yamamoto S. Affinities of various mammalian arachidonate lipoxygenases and cyclooxygenases for molecular oxygen as substrate. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1436:509-18 pubmed..Their Km values for oxygen ranged between 10 and 26 microM. These results should be considered in investigations of arachidonic acid metabolism in pathophysiological processes associated with hypoxia. ..
- Sue M, Ishihara A, Iwamura H. Purification and characterization of a hydroxamic acid glucoside beta-glucosidase from wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) seedlings. Planta. 2000;210:432-8 pubmed..Three cultivars of Triticum aestivum had the same zone of glucosidase activity on zymograms, but the activity zones of the Triticum species, T. aestivum L., T. spelta L. and T. turgidum L., had different mobilities. ..
- Negishi O, Ozawa T. Inhibition of enzymatic browning and protection of sulfhydryl enzymes by thiol compounds. Phytochemistry. 2000;54:481-7 pubmed
- Yoshida M, Ohira T, Igarashi K, Nagasawa H, Aida K, Hallberg B, et al. Production and characterization of recombinant Phanerochaete chrysosporium cellobiose dehydrogenase in the methylotrophic yeast Pichia pastoris. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2001;65:2050-7 pubmed
- Kawai K, Miyamoto K, Tojo S, Majima T. Formation of pyrene dimer radical cation in DNA reflecting DNA dynamics in the time range of 1 micros to 1 ms. J Am Chem Soc. 2003;125:912-5 pubmed..with a characteristic CR absorption band in the near-infrared (near-IR) region was demonstrated to be useful to obtain the structural and dynamical information of transiently formed DNA in the time range of 1 micros to 1 ms. ..
- Shimizu Y, Yamamichi N, Saitoh K, Watanabe A, Ito T, Yamamichi Nishina M, et al. Kinetics of v-src-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in developing glandular stomach. Oncogene. 2003;22:884-93 pubmed..These observations would partly explain why RSV does not apparently cause carcinoma formation, but induces sarcomas exclusively...
- Koizumi S, Gong P, Suzuki K, Murata M. Cadmium-responsive element of the human heme oxygenase-1 gene mediates heat shock factor 1-dependent transcriptional activation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:8715-23 pubmed..The finding that HSF1 is directly involved in the regulation of ho-1 with an anti-oxidative role revealed a new aspect of the biological defense mechanism. ..
- Mizuuchi Y, Shimokawa Y, Wanibuchi K, Noguchi H, Abe I. Structure function analysis of novel type III polyketide synthases from Arabidopsis thaliana. Biol Pharm Bull. 2008;31:2205-10 pubmed..Interestingly, despite the low sequence identity, homology modeling revealed that the active-site architecture of PKS-A and PKS-B showed similarity to that of a bacterial type III PKS from Mycobacterium tuberculosis. ..
- Mori K, Hosokawa Y, Yoshinaga T, Toraya T. Diol dehydratase-reactivating factor is a reactivase--evidence for multiple turnovers and subunit swapping with diol dehydratase. FEBS J. 2010;277:4931-43 pubmed publisher..This would result in the dissociation of the damaged cofactor from the inactivated holoenzyme, as suggested by the crystal structures of the reactivase and DD. ..
- Shinohara Y, Koyama Y, Ukai Tadenuma M, Hirokawa T, Kikuchi M, Yamada R, et al. Temperature-Sensitive Substrate and Product Binding Underlie Temperature-Compensated Phosphorylation in the Clock. Mol Cell. 2017;67:783-798.e20 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, this domain can confer temperature compensation on a temperature-sensitive TTBK1. These findings suggest the temperature-sensitive substrate- and product-binding mechanisms underlie temperature compensation. ..
- Hashimoto W, Suzuki H, Nohara S, Kumagai H. Escherichia coli gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase mutants deficient in processing to subunits. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;189:173-8 pubmed..On Western blot analysis, we found that both mutants accumulated a gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase precursor which was not processed into large and small subunits in the periplasmic space of Escherichia coli. ..
- Sorimachi M, Yamagami K, Morita Y, Kuramoto K. GABA inhibits the rise in cytosolic free calcium concentration in depolarized immature cerebellar Purkinje cells. Neurosci Lett. 1991;122:229-32 pubmed..These findings indicate that GABA inhibits the rise in [Ca]in by hyperpolarizing the membrane potentials at Purkinje cell bodies...
- Ando S, Tokui T, Yamauchi T, Sugiura H, Tanabe K, Inagaki M. Evidence that Ser-82 is a unique phosphorylation site on vimentin for Ca2(+)-calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;175:955-62 pubmed..The CaM-kinase II recognition site may be more extensive than heretofore determined. ..
- Yubisui T, Shirabe K, Takeshita M, Kobayashi Y, Fukumaki Y, Sakaki Y, et al. Structural role of serine 127 in the NADH-binding site of human NADH-cytochrome b5 reductase. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:66-70 pubmed..The mutant enzymes were less thermostable than the wild-type enzyme. These results indicate that serine 127 plays an important role to maintain the structure of the NADH-binding site in the enzyme. ..
- Nagata T, Kato T, Morita T, Nozaki M, Kubota H, Yagi H, et al. Polyadenylated and 3' processed mRNAs are transcribed from the mouse histone H2A.X gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:2441-7 pubmed..These results indicate that these two mRNAs are transcribed from a single gene and maintained differently during the cell cycle, perhaps to maintain a partially replication-dependent level of histone H2A.X. ..
- Hanada H, Moriyama Y, Maeda M, Futai M. Kinetic studies of chromaffin granule H+-ATPase and effects of bafilomycin A1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;170:873-8 pubmed..This inhibitor not only lowered the rate of ATP hydrolysis at the single catalytic site, but also affected the catalytic cooperativity of the enzyme. ..
- Mutoh T, Naoi M, Nagatsu T, Takahashi A, Matsuoka Y, Hashizume Y, et al. Purification and characterization of human liver beta-galactosidase from a patient with the adult form of GM1 gangliosidosis and a normal control. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1988;964:244-53 pubmed..These data on the characteristics of the purified enzyme preparations provide the first direct evidence that patients with the adult form of GM1 gangliosidosis have a structurally altered beta-galactosidase. ..
- Hama H, Shimamoto T, Tsuda M, Tsuchiya T. Characterization of a novel L-serine transport system in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1988;170:2236-9 pubmed..Uptake of H+ was induced by L-serine influx. These results indicate that an H+-serine cotransport mechanism is operative in this novel L-serine transport system...
- Sano S, Miyake C, Mikami B, Asada K. Molecular characterization of monodehydroascorbate radical reductase from cucumber highly expressed in Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:21354-61 pubmed..25 x 10(8) M-1 s-1, as determined by a stopped-flow method, and its value decreased with increases in ionic strength, an indication of the enhanced electrostatic guidance of NADH to the enzyme-FAD. ..
- Itoh H, Shimomura A, Okubo S, Ichikawa K, Ito M, Konishi T, et al. Inhibition of myosin light chain phosphatase during Ca(2+)-independent vasocontraction. Am J Physiol. 1993;265:C1319-24 pubmed..These results suggest that the regulation of MLC phosphatase in vascular smooth muscle may play important roles in the PDB-induced contraction and the NKH477-induced relaxation in Ca(2+)-free buffer. ..
- Inaba K, Utsugi J, Kuroda T, Tsuda M, Tsuchiya T. Na+(Li+)/H+ antiporter in Pseudomonas aeruginosa and effect of Li+ on cell growth. Biol Pharm Bull. 1997;20:621-4 pubmed..aeruginosa antiporter than in the E. coli antiporters. Growth of P. aeruginosa was strongly inhibited by 0.4 M LiCl, but not by NaCl or KCl. ..
- Miyazawa K, Mori A, Miyata H, Akahane M, Ajisawa Y, Okudaira H. Regulation of interleukin-1beta-induced interleukin-6 gene expression in human fibroblast-like synoviocytes by p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:24832-8 pubmed..Here, we provide evidence that p38 MAP kinase is activated in response to IL-1beta in human FLSs and is involved in IL-6 synthesis by stabilizing IL-6 mRNA. ..
- Kanamaru K, Fujiwara M, Seki M, Katagiri T, Nakamura M, Mochizuki N, et al. Plastidic RNA polymerase sigma factors in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Physiol. 1999;40:832-42 pubmed..In addition, the two promoters were repeatedly activated in young seedlings under continuous light, possibly in an oscillated fashion. ..
- Mihara Y, Utagawa T, Yamada H, Asano Y. Phosphorylation of nucleosides by the mutated acid phosphatase from Morganella morganii. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2000;66:2811-6 pubmed..This improvement was achieved with two mutations, Gly to Asp at position 92 and Ile to Thr at position 171. A decreased K(m) value for inosine was responsible for the increased productivity...
- Kozai N, Inada K, Kozaki T, Sato S, Ohashi H, Banba T. Apparent diffusion coefficients and chemical species of neptunium (V) in compacted Na-montmorillonite. J Contam Hydrol. 2001;47:149-58 pubmed..These findings suggested that the activation energy for diffusion and the distribution profile of the involved nuclides could become powerful parameters in understanding the diffusion mechanism...
- Kojima M, Nakagami H. Investigation of water mobility and diffusivity in hydrating micronized low-substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose, hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose, and hydroxypropyl cellulose matrix tablets by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2002;50:1621-4 pubmed..Furthermore, the correlation between the T(2) of (1)H proton in the gel-layer of the tablets and the drug release rate from the tablets was observed. ..
- Nakada Y, Itoh Y. Identification of the putrescine biosynthetic genes in Pseudomonas aeruginosa and characterization of agmatine deiminase and N-carbamoylputrescine amidohydrolase of the arginine decarboxylase pathway. Microbiology. 2003;149:707-14 pubmed..Inhibition by SH reagents and the conserved cysteine residue in AguA and its homologues suggested that this enzyme is also involved in thiol-mediated catalysis. ..
- Goto M, Yasuzawa H, Higashi T, Yamaguchi Y, Kawanami A, Mifune S, et al. Dependence of hydrolysis of beta-lactams with a zinc(II)-beta-lactamase produced from Serratia marcescens (IMP-1) on pH and concentration of zinc(II) ion: dissociation of Zn(II) from IMP-1 in acidic medium. Biol Pharm Bull. 2003;26:589-94 pubmed..0 and 9.0. ..
- Sakakibara Y, Yanagisawa H. Agmatine deiminase from cucumber seedlings is a mono-specific enzyme: purification and characteristics. Protein Expr Purif. 2003;30:88-93 pubmed..The characteristics of the enzyme purified from cucumber were like those of the enzyme from maize. These results indicate that agmatine deiminase is distinctly different from putrescine synthase in higher plants. ..
- Nogami K, Nishiya K, Saenko E, Takeyama M, Tanaka I, Yoshioka A, et al. Identification of a plasmin-interactive site within the A2 domain of the factor VIII heavy chain. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1784:753-63 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that Arg(484) plays a key role within the A2 plasmin-binding site, responsible for plasmin-catalyzed factor VIII(a) inactivation. ..
- Kikuta S, Kikawada T, Hagiwara Komoda Y, Nakashima N, Noda H. Sugar transporter genes of the brown planthopper, Nilaparvata lugens: A facilitated glucose/fructose transporter. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;40:805-13 pubmed publisher..This showed that NlST6 is a facilitative glucose/fructose transporter that mediates sugar uptake from rice phloem sap in the BPH midgut in a manner similar to NlST1. ..
- Tominaga K, Hato F, Kinoshita Y, Tominaga M, Yamada M. Enhancement of DNA synthesis in rat thymocytes by stimulating their muscarinic acetylcholine receptors. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 1992;38:815-22 pubmed..It is discussed that the enhancement of intracellular IP3 and cGMP concentrations after stimulation of muscarinic AChRs appears to be related with the increment of thymocyte DNA synthesis. ..
- Fukada Y, Kokame K, Okano T, Shichida Y, Yoshizawa T, McDowell J, et al. Phosphorylation of iodopsin, chicken red-sensitive cone visual pigment. Biochemistry. 1990;29:10102-6 pubmed..These results, in conjunction with other data, suggest that visual pigments in cone cells, upon absorption of light, undergo functional processes similar to those of the visual pigments in rod cells. ..
- Kohda D, Kawai G, Yokoyama S, Kawakami M, Mizushima S, Miyazawa T. NMR analyses of the conformations of L-isoleucine and L-valine bound to Escherichia coli isoleucyl-tRNA synthetase. Biochemistry. 1987;26:6531-8 pubmed..Such hydrophobic interaction with IleRS is more significant for L-isoleucine than for L-valine. The TRNOE analysis is useful for studying the amino acid discrimination mechanism of aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases. ..
- Ogi K, Miyamoto Y, Masuda Y, Habata Y, Hosoya M, Ohtaki T, et al. Molecular cloning and functional expression of a cDNA encoding a human pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;196:1511-21 pubmed..Northern blot analysis revealed that PACAP receptor mRNAs were expressed mainly in the brain and widely distributed in the central nervous system. ..
- Imamura Y, Koga T, Higuchi T, Otagiri M, Sugino E, Hibino S, et al. Catalytic properties of carbonyl reductase from rabbit liver for analogs of acetohexamide and 4-acetylpyridine. Biochem Mol Biol Int. 1994;33:893-9 pubmed..It is reasonable to postulate that a hydrophobic pocket is located in the substrate-binding domain of the enzyme. ..
- Huang R, Ozawa M, Kadomatsu K, Muramatsu T. Embigin, a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily expressed in embryonic cells, enhances cell-substratum adhesion. Dev Biol. 1993;155:307-14 pubmed..Thus, one role of embigin appears to be promotion of integrin-mediated cell-substratum adhesion. ..
- Yamazaki H, Inoue K, Mimura M, Oda Y, Guengerich F, Shimada T. 7-Ethoxycoumarin O-deethylation catalyzed by cytochromes P450 1A2 and 2E1 in human liver microsomes. Biochem Pharmacol. 1996;51:313-9 pubmed..These results suggest that P450 1A2 is a low Km enzyme for 7-ethoxycoumarin O-deethylation in human liver microsome, although it has a low Vmax value than P450 2E1. ..
- Matsuda R, Kaneko N, Horikawa Y. Presence and comparison of Ca2+ transport activity of annexins I, II, V, and VI in large unilamellar vesicles. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;237:499-503 pubmed..Ca2+ signal intensity would thus appear to be unique for each of the annexins and to be determined by the particular function and specificity of each of those considered in this study. ..
- Ishijima S, Asai T, Kita K, Sonoda T, Tatibana M. Partial reconstitution of mammalian phosphoribosylpyrophosphate synthetase in Escherichia coli cells. Coexpression of catalytic subunits with the 39-kDa associated protein leads to formation of soluble multimeric complexes of various compositions. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1342:28-36 pubmed
- Sekine S, Nureki O, Tateno M, Yokoyama S. The identity determinants required for the discrimination between tRNAGlu and tRNAAsp by glutamyl-tRNA synthetase from Escherichia coli. Eur J Biochem. 1999;261:354-60 pubmed
- Huang H, Zoppellaro G, Sakurai T. Spectroscopic and kinetic studies on the oxygen-centered radical formed during the four-electron reduction process of dioxygen by Rhus vernicifera laccase. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:32718-24 pubmed..8 and 1.6 depending on pH. We propose an oxygen-centered radical in magnetic interaction with the oxidized type III copper ions as the structure of the three-electron reduced form of dioxygen. ..
- Suzuki Yamamoto T, Nishizawa M, Fukui M, Okuda Ashitaka E, Nakajima T, Ito S, et al. cDNA cloning, expression and characterization of human prostaglandin F synthase. FEBS Lett. 1999;462:335-40 pubmed..These results support the notion that human PGFS plays an important role in the pathogenesis of allergic diseases such as asthma. ..
- Feng L, Yunoue S, Tokuo H, Ozawa T, Zhang D, Patrakitkomjorn S, et al. PKA phosphorylation and 14-3-3 interaction regulate the function of neurofibromatosis type I tumor suppressor, neurofibromin. FEBS Lett. 2004;557:275-82 pubmed..These findings indicate that PKA phosphorylation followed by 14-3-3 protein interaction may modulate the biochemical and biological functions of neurofibromin. ..
- Ueno K, Kinoshita T, Inoue S, Emi T, Shimazaki K. Biochemical characterization of plasma membrane H+-ATPase activation in guard cell protoplasts of Arabidopsis thaliana in response to blue light. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:955-63 pubmed..We determined isogenes of the plasma membrane H+-ATPase and found the expression of all isogenes of functional plasma membrane H+-ATPases (AHA1-11) in guard cell protoplasts. ..
- Horie T, Li T, Ito K, Sumi S, Fuwa T. Aged garlic extract protects against methotrexate-induced apoptotic cell injury of IEC-6 cells. J Nutr. 2006;136:861S-863S pubmed publisher..These results indicated that AGE protects IEC-6 cells from the MTX-induced damage. AGE may be useful in cancer chemotherapy with MTX because it reduces MTX-induced intestinal damage. ..
- Kasumi H, Komori S, Sakata K, Yamamoto N, Yamasaki T, Kanemura Y, et al. Upregulation of macrophage migration inhibitory factor and calgizzarin by androgen in TM4 mouse Sertoli cells. Asian J Androl. 2006;8:549-54 pubmed..MIF and calgizzarin are two important androgen-responsive proteins produced by Sertoli cells and they might play a role in regulating spermatogenesis. ..
- Katsumata M, Koike T, Nishikawa M, Kazumura K, Tsuchiya H. Rapid ecotoxicological bioassay using delayed fluorescence in the green alga Pseudokirchneriella subcapitata. Water Res. 2006;40:3393-400 pubmed..6 to 50s was found to correlate with algal growth inhibition as measured by the standard tests. In addition, the behaviour of DF in this time period exhibited characteristic kinetics indicative of the chemical being tested. ..
- Sugimoto M, Abe K. X chromosome reactivation initiates in nascent primordial germ cells in mice. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:e116 pubmed..5 PGCs, indicating that X reactivation in developing PGCs occurs over a prolonged period. These results set the reactivation timing much earlier than previously thought and suggest that X reactivation may involve slow passive steps. ..
- Otani H, Otsuka F, Inagaki K, Suzuki J, Miyoshi T, Kano Y, et al. Aldosterone breakthrough caused by chronic blockage of angiotensin II type 1 receptors in human adrenocortical cells: possible involvement of bone morphogenetic protein-6 actions. Endocrinology. 2008;149:2816-25 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that changes in BMP-6 availability and response may be involved in the occurrence of cellular escape from aldosterone suppression under chronic treatment with ARB. ..
- Yoon K, Sakai Y, Tsukada N, Fujisawa K, Nishihara H. Purification and biochemical characterization of a membrane-bound [NiFe]-hydrogenase from a hydrogen-oxidizing, lithotrophic bacterium, Hydrogenophaga sp. AH-24. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2009;290:114-20 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of catalytic and biochemical characterization of the respiratory MBH from Hydrogenophaga. ..
- Mori K, Hashimoto H, Takatsu H, Tsuda Tsukimoto M, Kume T. Cocktail-substrate assay system for mechanism-based inhibition of CYP2C9, CYP2D6, and CYP3A using human liver microsomes at an early stage of drug development. Xenobiotica. 2009;39:415-22 pubmed publisher..97). Therefore, this cocktail-substrate assay is considered to be a powerful tool for evaluating mechanism-based inhibition at an early stage of drug development...
- Akasaka K, Kitahara R, Kamatari Y. Exploring the folding energy landscape with pressure. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2013;531:110-5 pubmed publisher..The intimate relationship between the kinetic folding experiment and the equilibrium pressure experiment is described with examples from ubiquitin and hen lysozyme. ..
- Kuze J, Mutoh T, Takenaka T, Oda N, Hanioka N, Narimatsu S. Evaluation of animal models for intestinal first-pass metabolism of drug candidates to be metabolized by CYP3A enzymes via in vivo and in vitro oxidation of midazolam and triazolam. Xenobiotica. 2013;43:598-606 pubmed publisher..3. These results are useful information in the analysis of data obtained in mouse and rat for the evaluation of first-pass effects of drug candidates to be metabolized by CYP3A enzymes. ..
- Seo D, Soeta T, Sakurai H, SÃ©tif P, Sakurai T. Pre-steady-state kinetic studies of redox reactions catalysed by Bacillus subtilis ferredoxin-NADP(+) oxidoreductase with NADP(+)/NADPH and ferredoxin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1857:678-87 pubmed publisher..The characteristics of the BsFNR reactions with NADP(+)/NADPH were compared with those of other types of FNRs. ..
- Yano T, Kuramitsu S, Tanase S, Morino Y, Hiromi K, Kagamiyama H. The role of His143 in the catalytic mechanism of Escherichia coli aspartate aminotransferase. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:6079-85 pubmed..All these findings suggest that, although His143 is not essential for catalysis, it might assist the formation of enzyme-substrate complex. ..
- Oyama M, Kubota K. Suppression of tyrocidine production by purine nucleotides and related substances in Bacillus brevis. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1990;54:277-9 pubmed..Cyclic nucleotides had no effect. These results suggest that adenosine, 5'-AMP or its metabolite was specifically involved in the regulation of tyrocidine production. ..
- Shimada T, Yamazaki H, Shimura H, Tanaka R, Guengerich F. Metabolic deactivation of furylfuramide by cytochrome P450 in human and rat liver microsomes. Carcinogenesis. 1990;11:103-10 pubmed..The metabolic studies involving HPLC analysis of products followed by spectrophotometric examination have also suggested that furylfuramide can be degraded very rapidly through the aerobic metabolism by liver microsomes. ..
- Hafuri Y, Takemori E, Oogose K, Inouye Y, Nakamura S, Kitahara Y, et al. Mechanism of inhibition of reverse transcriptase by quinone antibiotics. II. Dependence on putative quinone pocket on the enzyme molecule. J Antibiot (Tokyo). 1988;41:1471-8 pubmed
- Koide S, Yokoyama S, Matsuzawa H, Miyazawa T, Ohta T. Conformation of NAD+ bound to allosteric L-lactate dehydrogenase activated by chemical modification. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:8676-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the C3'-endo-anti form of the enzyme-bound NAD+ is essential for the activation of the T. caldophilus L-lactate dehydrogenase. ..
- Baba A, Sakuma S, Okamoto H, Inoue T, Iwata H. Calcium induces membrane translocation of 12-lipoxygenase in rat platelets. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:15790-5 pubmed..These results suggest that stimulation of platelets is followed by the translocation of soluble 12-lipoxygenase to membranes, which is mediated by physiological concentration of Ca2+. ..
- Uchida T, Matozaki T, Noguchi T, Yamao T, Horita K, Suzuki T, et al. Insulin stimulates the phosphorylation of Tyr538 and the catalytic activity of PTP1C, a protein tyrosine phosphatase with Src homology-2 domains. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:12220-8 pubmed
- Nosaka K, Nishimura H, Kawasaki Y, Tsujihara T, Iwashima A. Isolation and characterization of the THI6 gene encoding a bifunctional thiamin-phosphate pyrophosphorylase/hydroxyethylthiazole kinase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:30510-6 pubmed
- Watanabe R, Fujii H, Odani S, Sakakibara J, Yamamoto A, Ito M, et al. Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding a novel fatty acid-binding protein from rat skin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;200:253-9 pubmed..1 kDa and exhibits around 50% identity to myelin P2 protein, adipocyte FABP and heart FABP. Our results propose that C-FABP is a new member of the FABP family. ..
- Ogawa H, Gomi T, Fujioka M. Mammalian glycine N-methyltransferases. Comparative kinetic and structural properties of the enzymes from human, rat, rabbit and pig livers. Comp Biochem Physiol B. 1993;106:601-11 pubmed..Except for this difference, however, all enzymes show a high degree of sequence homology. ..
- Kikugawa M, Kaneko M, Fujimoto Sakata S, Maeda M, Kawasaki K, Takagi T, et al. Purification, characterization and inhibition of dihydropyrimidinase from rat liver. Eur J Biochem. 1994;219:393-9 pubmed..The Ki for Zn2+ as an inhibitor of DHPase was 23 microM, and the maximum rate of inactivation was 0.057 min-1 at 37 degrees C. H2Ura and H2Thy protected the enzyme activity from Zn2+ inactivation. ..
- Tanaka K, Takayanagi Y, Fujita N, Ishihama A, Takahashi H. Heterogeneity of the principal sigma factor in Escherichia coli: the rpoS gene product, sigma 38, is a second principal sigma factor of RNA polymerase in stationary-phase Escherichia coli. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:3511-5 pubmed..The intracellular level of sigma 38 was demonstrated to increase in vivo upon entry into stationary phase. These results together indicate that sigma 38 is a second principal sigma factor in stationary-phase E. coli. ..
- Nitta T, Nagamitsu H, Murata M, Izu H, Yamada M. Function of the sigma(E) regulon in dead-cell lysis in stationary-phase Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:5231-7 pubmed..We propose there is a novel physiological function of the sigma(E) regulon that may guarantee cell survival in prolonged stationary phase by providing nutrients from dead cells for the next generation. ..
- Siswoyo T, Morita N. Influence of acyl chain lengths in mono- and diacyl-sn-glycerophosphatidylcholine on gelatinization and retrogradation of starch. J Agric Food Chem. 2001;49:4688-93 pubmed..The positive linear relationship between k and the number of acyl groups of GPC suggests that a GPC with a shorter chain length could retard the retrogradation of starch during storage. ..
- Sakamoto Y, Irie T, Sato T. Isolation and characterization of a fruiting body-specific exo-beta-1,3-glucanase-encoding gene, exg1, from Lentinula edodes. Curr Genet. 2005;47:244-52 pubmed..These results collectively indicate that exg1 is involved in L. edodes fruiting body development, including stipe elongation. ..
- Tsujimoto K, Hayashi A, Ha T, Kubo I. Anacardic acids and ferric ion chelation. Z Naturforsch C. 2007;62:710-6 pubmed..Formation of the anacardic acids-ferric ion complex was detected in the ratio of 2:1 as the base peak in the negative ion electrospray ionization mass spectrometry. Hence, anacardic acids inhibit both Eox and Ered forms. ..
- Watanabe Y, Makino Y, Omichi K. Donor substrate specificity of 4-alpha-glucanotransferase of porcine liver glycogen debranching enzyme and complementary action to glycogen phosphorylase on debranching. J Biochem. 2008;143:435-40 pubmed publisher..GDE 4-alpha-glucanotransferase removes a maltotriosyl residue from the maltotetraosyl branch such that the alpha-1,6-linked glucosyl residue is retained. ..
- Konishi T, Miyazaki Y, Yamakawa S, Iwai H, Satoh S, Ishii T. Purification and biochemical characterization of recombinant rice UDP-arabinopyranose mutase generated in insect cells. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74:191-4 pubmed..Recombinant UAMs might serve as useful tools for the biosynthesis of UDP-Araf and might be better than chemical synthesis. ..
- Sugiura M, Ito S, Saito Y, Niwa Y, Koltunow A, Sugimoto O, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a linalool synthase from lemon myrtle. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2011;75:1245-8 pubmed..These findings indicate that BcLS has novel specificity and kinetic parameters, but its physiological responses to stresses such as insect damage appear to be similar to known linalool synthases...
- Furuki K, Toyo oka T. Determination of thiol-to-protein ratio and drug-to-antibody ratio by in-line size exclusion chromatography with post-column reaction. Anal Biochem. 2017;527:33-44 pubmed publisher..This method is an inexpensive and versatile alternative to conventional methods of estimating the free-SH:protein ratio of mAbs and the DAR of ADCs. This method also minimizes assay time. ..
- Maekawa S, Hibasami H, Uji Y, Nakashima K. Active transport and metabolic characteristics of polyamines in the rat lens. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1989;993:199-203 pubmed..The polyamines in the lens are considered to be supplied form the surrounding intraocular fluid by an active transport system specific for polyamines. ..
- Kobayashi N, Takahashi K, Takayanagi K, Takahashi K, Masuko S, Tadano T, et al. Molecular characteristics of tissue-bound semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase (SSAO) in guinea pig tissues. Life Sci. 2002;70:1519-31 pubmed..1 mM) at pH 7.4 and 37 degrees C have been estimated. ..
- Inoue N, Uchida H. Transcription and initiation of ColE1 DNA replication in Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:1208-14 pubmed
- Sasaki Y, Ohsako S, Deguchi T. Molecular and genetic analyses of arylamine N-acetyltransferase polymorphism of rabbit liver. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:13243-50 pubmed..and Deguchi, T. (1990) J. Biol. Chem. 265, 4630-4634; Deguchi, T., Mashimo, M., and Suzuki, T. (1990) J. Biol. Chem. 265, 12757-12760). ..
- Date T, Yamamoto S, Tanihara K, Nishimoto Y, Liu N, Matsukage A. Site-directed mutagenesis of recombinant rat DNA polymerase beta: involvement of arginine-183 in primer recognition. Biochemistry. 1990;29:5027-34 pubmed..Therefore, it is concluded that Arg-183 occupies an important part of the primer recognition site of DNA polymerase beta. ..
- Yamada A, Tsukagoshi N, Udaka S, Sasaki T, Makino S, Nakamura S, et al. Nucleotide sequence and expression in Escherichia coli of the gene coding for sphingomyelinase of Bacillus cereus. Eur J Biochem. 1988;175:213-20 pubmed..The enzymatic activity toward sphingomyelin was enhanced 20-30-fold in the presence of MgCl2, and the adsorption of the enzyme onto erythrocyte membranes was accelerated in the presence of CaCl2...
- Oka S, Ikeda K, Kawasaki T, Yamashina I. Isolation and characterization of two distinct mannan-binding proteins from rat serum. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1988;260:257-66 pubmed..These results, together with the fact that L-MBP decayed with biphasic curves, suggest that a part of L-MBP is leaked from liver into plasma in the form of S-MBP-I. ..
- Okumiya T, Ishii S, Takenaka T, Kase R, Kamei S, Sakuraba H, et al. Galactose stabilizes various missense mutants of alpha-galactosidase in Fabry disease. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;214:1219-24 pubmed
- Kawano T, Kozutsumi Y, Kawasaki T, Suzuki A. Biosynthesis of N-glycolylneuraminic acid-containing glycoconjugates. Purification and characterization of the key enzyme of the cytidine monophospho-N-acetylneuraminic acid hydroxylation system. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:9024-9 pubmed
- Iida K, Moriyama K, Matsumoto S, Kawasaki H, Nishida E, Yahara I. Isolation of a yeast essential gene, COF1, that encodes a homologue of mammalian cofilin, a low-M(r) actin-binding and depolymerizing protein. Gene. 1993;124:115-20 pubmed..Gene disruption and tetrad analysis showed that gene COF1 is essential for yeast cell growth. Expression of the cDNA of porcine Cof or destrin (Des), the latter a Cof-related protein, complemented the cof1 null allele in yeast cells. ..
- Sugimoto K, Shimomura T, Hashimoto K, Araki H, Sugino A, Matsumoto K. Rfc5, a small subunit of replication factor C complex, couples DNA replication and mitosis in budding yeast. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:7048-52 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggested that replication factor C has a direct role in sensing the state of DNA replication and transmitting the signal to the checkpoint machinery. ..
- Tsuji H, Harada A, Mukaida N, Nakanuma Y, Bluethmann H, Kaneko S, et al. Tumor necrosis factor receptor p55 is essential for intrahepatic granuloma formation and hepatocellular apoptosis in a murine model of bacterium-induced fulminant hepatitis. Infect Immun. 1997;65:1892-8 pubmed..These results suggest that TNFRp55 but not Fas was involved in P. acnes-induced granuloma formation as well as subsequent LPS-induced liver injury and that TNFRp55 and Fas independently induced apoptosis of hepatocytes in vivo. ..
- Imamura Y, Koga T, Higuchi T, Otagiri M, Sugino E, Hibino S. Inhibitory effect of drugs with a ketone group on reduction of acetohexamide catalyzed by carbonyl reductase from rabbit kidney. J Enzyme Inhib. 1997;11:285-92 pubmed..Although nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs with a ketone group such as suprofen and fenbufen were not reduced by the enzyme, they strongly inhibited the reduction of acetohexamide catalyzed by the enzyme...