Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on kinetics in Germany
Publications533 found, 100 shown here
- Kribben A, Feldkamp T, Horbelt M, Lange B, Pietruck F, Herget Rosenthal S, et al. ATP protects, by way of receptor-mediated mechanisms, against hypoxia-induced injury in renal proximal tubules. J Lab Clin Med. 2003;141:67-73 pubmed..The data indicate that the protective effect of ATP is mediated by P(2) receptors. ..
- Boldt R, Edner C, Kolukisaoglu U, Hagemann M, Weckwerth W, Wienkoop S, et al. D-GLYCERATE 3-KINASE, the last unknown enzyme in the photorespiratory cycle in Arabidopsis, belongs to a novel kinase family. Plant Cell. 2005;17:2413-20 pubmed..Orthologous enzymes are present in other plants, fungi, and some cyanobacteria. The metabolic context of GLYK activity in fungi and cyanobacteria remains to be investigated. ..
- Leopoldseder S, Hettwer S, Sterner R. Evolution of multi-enzyme complexes: the case of tryptophan synthase. Biochemistry. 2006;45:14111-9 pubmed
- Fährmann M, Honisch S, Kaufhold M, Leitges M, Beil W. Stringent time-dependent transregulation of calcium calmodulin kinase II (CaMKII) is implicated in anti-apoptotic control. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1783:214-23 pubmed..Therefore, stringent limitation of CaMKII autophosphorylation at T286/287 by transregulation and prevention of hyperphosphorylation seems to restrict apoptosis. ..
- Kleinau G, Jaeschke H, Mueller S, Raaka B, Neumann S, Paschke R, et al. Evidence for cooperative signal triggering at the extracellular loops of the TSH receptor. FASEB J. 2008;22:2798-808 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new insights concerning molecular signal transmission from extracellular domains toward the transmembrane helix bundle of the glycoprotein hormone receptors. ..
- Weiss M, Hung D, Poenicke K, Roberts M. Kinetic analysis of saturable hepatic uptake of digoxin and its inhibition by rifampicin. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2008;34:345-50 pubmed publisher..Hepatocellular uptake of digoxin was concentration-dependent with a Michaelis constant (K(M)) of 577.8 ng/ml. Rifampicin significantly reduced uptake (K(M) increased 2.5-fold) without affecting other parameters. ..
- Jakob R, Schmid F. Molecular determinants of a native-state prolyl isomerization. J Mol Biol. 2009;387:1017-31 pubmed publisher..Such interrelations between local folding and prolyl isomerization and the potential modulation by prolyl isomerases might also be used to break and reestablish slow communication pathways in proteins...
- Lingott T, Schleberger C, Gutierrez J, Merfort I. High-resolution crystal structure of the snake venom metalloproteinase BaP1 complexed with a peptidomimetic: insight into inhibitor binding. Biochemistry. 2009;48:6166-74 pubmed publisher..The finding of a flexible loop region may have a great impact on further studies as to date little is known about the structural dependencies of the hemorrhagic activity of snake venom metalloproteinases. ..
- Galindo M, Voigt N, Stein J, van Lengerich J, Raguse J, Hofmann T, et al. G protein-coupled receptors in human fat taste perception. Chem Senses. 2012;37:123-39 pubmed publisher..On a cellular level, we found GPR120 mRNA and protein in taste buds as well as in the surrounding epithelial cells. We conclude that GPR120 may indeed participate in human gustatory fatty acid perception. ..
- Schramek N, Bracher A, Bacher A. Biosynthesis of riboflavin. Single turnover kinetic analysis of GTP cyclohydrolase II. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:44157-62 pubmed..The covalently bound phosphoguanosyl moiety is proposed to undergo rapid hydrolytic release of formate from the imidazole ring and/or hydrolytic cleavage of the phosphodiester bond. ..
- Kalatskaya I, Schüssler S, Blaukat A, Muller Esterl W, Jochum M, Proud D, et al. Mutation of tyrosine in the conserved NPXXY sequence leads to constitutive phosphorylation and internalization, but not signaling, of the human B2 bradykinin receptor. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:31268-76 pubmed..The mutated receptor binds to, but does not activate, its cognate heterotrimeric G protein G(q/11), thereby limiting the extent of ligand-independent receptor internalization. ..
- Stehle R, Iorga B. Kinetics of cardiac sarcomeric processes and rate-limiting steps in contraction and relaxation. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2010;48:843-50 pubmed publisher..Sarcomere relengthening during myocardial relaxation plays a key role in the rapid decay of ventricular pressure and in early diastolic filling. ..
- Kolbe K, Schönherr R, Gessner G, Sahoo N, Hoshi T, Heinemann S. Cysteine 723 in the C-linker segment confers oxidative inhibition of hERG1 potassium channels. J Physiol. 2010;588:2999-3009 pubmed publisher..Because of its fast deactivation kinetics, the N-terminally truncated splice variant hERG1b possesses greater resistance to oxidative modification. ..
- Luz N, Beck E. Interaction of a cellular 57-kilodalton protein with the internal translation initiation site of foot-and-mouth disease virus. J Virol. 1991;65:6486-94 pubmed..Results from footprint analyses with foot-and-mouth disease RNA suggest the participation of additional cellular factors in the translation initiation complex. ..
- Bol G, Kreuzer O, Brigelius Flohe R. Translocation of the interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase-1 (IRAK-1) into the nucleus. FEBS Lett. 2000;477:73-8 pubmed..Nuclear transfer of IRAK-1 upon IL-1 stimulation was confirmed in the murine T cell line EL-4. This characterizes nuclear localization of IRAK-1 as a possibly essential event in the IL-1 signaling cascade. ..
- Weibezahn J, Schlieker C, Bukau B, Mogk A. Characterization of a trap mutant of the AAA+ chaperone ClpB. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:32608-17 pubmed publisher..ClpB-E279A/E678A outcompetes the DnaK system for binding to the model substrate TrfA and inhibits the dissociation of small protein aggregates by DnaK only, indicating that ClpB acts prior to DnaK on protein substrates...
- Rohleder N, Nater U, Wolf J, Ehlert U, Kirschbaum C. Psychosocial stress-induced activation of salivary alpha-amylase: an indicator of sympathetic activity?. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004;1032:258-63 pubmed..However, some questions remain to be answered; for example, what impact does salivary flow rate exert on stress-induced sAA activity? ..
- Anders L, Mertins P, Lammich S, Murgia M, Hartmann D, Saftig P, et al. Furin-, ADAM 10-, and gamma-secretase-mediated cleavage of a receptor tyrosine phosphatase and regulation of beta-catenin's transcriptional activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:3917-34 pubmed..Our results identify intramembrane proteolysis as a regulatory switch in RPTPkappa signaling and implicate PIC in the activation of beta-catenin-mediated transcription. ..
- Debela M, Hess P, Magdolen V, Schechter N, Steiner T, Huber R, et al. Chymotryptic specificity determinants in the 1.0 A structure of the zinc-inhibited human tissue kallikrein 7. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:16086-91 pubmed..Additionally, hK7 exhibits large positively charged surface patches, representing putative exosites for prime side substrate recognition. ..
- Lodemann U, Lorenz B, Weyrauch K, Martens H. Effects of Bacillus cereus var. toyoi as probiotic feed supplement on intestinal transport and barrier function in piglets. Arch Anim Nutr. 2008;62:87-106 pubmed publisher..The probiotic seems to have a stabilising (decreasing) effect on the variability of the data. Changes of absorptive and secretory transport properties dependent on age were observed. ..
- Sumakovic M, Hegermann J, Luo L, Husson S, Schwarze K, Olendrowitz C, et al. UNC-108/RAB-2 and its effector RIC-19 are involved in dense core vesicle maturation in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Cell Biol. 2009;186:897-914 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that RAB-2 and its effector RIC-19 are required for neuronal DCV maturation. ..
- Brinker M, Brosché M, Vinocur B, Abo Ogiala A, Fayyaz P, Janz D, et al. Linking the salt transcriptome with physiological responses of a salt-resistant Populus species as a strategy to identify genes important for stress acclimation. Plant Physiol. 2010;154:1697-709 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, by dissecting the stress transcriptome of tolerant species, novel genes important for salt endurance can be identified. ..
- Pesek J, Büchler R, Albrecht R, Boland W, Zeth K. Structure and mechanism of iron translocation by a Dps protein from Microbacterium arborescens. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:34872-82 pubmed publisher..Altogether our data provide an interesting view of an unusual Dps-like enzyme evolutionarily located apart from the large Dps sequence clusters. ..
- Schiefner A, Chatwell L, Körner J, Neumaier I, Colby D, Volkmer R, et al. A disulfide-free single-domain V(L) intrabody with blocking activity towards huntingtin reveals a novel mode of epitope recognition. J Mol Biol. 2011;414:337-55 pubmed publisher..Notably, this noncanonical mode of antigen binding may occur more widely in the area of in vitro selected antibody fragments, including other Ig-like scaffolds, possibly even if a V(H) domain is present. ..
- Ben Halima S, Mishra S, Raja K, Willem M, Baici A, Simons K, et al. Specific Inhibition of Î²-Secretase Processing of the Alzheimer Disease Amyloid Precursor Protein. Cell Rep. 2016;14:2127-2141 pubmed publisher..secretase inhibitors can be designed to specifically inhibit the Alzheimer process, enhancing their potential as AD therapeutics without undesired side effects. ..
- Sprenger G, Schörken U, Sprenger G, Sahm H. Transketolase A of Escherichia coli K12. Purification and properties of the enzyme from recombinant strains. Eur J Biochem. 1995;230:525-32 pubmed..The reconstitution of the apoenzyme proceded faster in the presence of manganese ions (Kd = 7 microM at 10 microM thiamine diphosphate) than with other divalent cations. ..
- Linari M, Ueffing M, Manson F, Wright A, Meitinger T, Becker J. The retinitis pigmentosa GTPase regulator, RPGR, interacts with the delta subunit of rod cyclic GMP phosphodiesterase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:1315-20 pubmed..These results suggest that RPGR mutations give rise to retinal degeneration by dysregulation of intracellular processes that determine protein localization and protein transport. ..
- Zeppenfeld T, Larisch C, Lengeler J, Jahreis K. Glucose transporter mutants of Escherichia coli K-12 with changes in substrate recognition of IICB(Glc) and induction behavior of the ptsG gene. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:4443-52 pubmed..By the same mechanism, glucose uptake and phosphorylation also control the expression of the pts operon and probably of all operons controlled by the repressor DgsA. ..
- Krimmer T, Rapaport D, Ryan M, Meisinger C, Kassenbrock C, Blachly Dyson E, et al. Biogenesis of porin of the outer mitochondrial membrane involves an import pathway via receptors and the general import pore of the TOM complex. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:289-300 pubmed..We conclude that import of porin does not proceed through the action of Tom20 alone, but requires an intact outer membrane and involves at least four more subunits of the TOM machinery, including the general import pore. ..
- Breitinger H, Villmann C, Becker K, Becker C. Opposing effects of molecular volume and charge at the hyperekplexia site alpha 1(P250) govern glycine receptor activation and desensitization. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:29657-63 pubmed..These observations characterize the short intracellular TM1-2 loop as a regulatory domain for channel activation and a crucial mediator of glycine receptor desensitization. ..
- Luetjens C, Kogel D, Reimertz C, Dussmann H, Renz A, Schulze Osthoff K, et al. Multiple kinetics of mitochondrial cytochrome c release in drug-induced apoptosis. Mol Pharmacol. 2001;60:1008-19 pubmed..Our data indicate the existence of multiple kinetics of cytochrome c release in drug-induced apoptosis. ..
- Van P, Rupp K, Lampen A, Söling H. CaBP2 is a rat homolog of ERp72 with proteindisulfide isomerase activity. Eur J Biochem. 1993;213:789-95 pubmed
- Schuler D, Baeuerlein E. Iron-limited growth and kinetics of iron uptake in Magnetospirillum gryphiswaldense. Arch Microbiol. 1996;166:301-7 pubmed..Iron incorporation was sensitive to 2,4-dinitrophenol and carbonylcyanide-m-chlorophenylhydrazone, indicating an energy-dependent transport process. ..
- Stumpe S, Schmid R, Stephens D, Georgiou G, Bakker E. Identification of OmpT as the protease that hydrolyzes the antimicrobial peptide protamine before it enters growing cells of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:4002-6 pubmed..These data indicate that OmpT is the protease that degrades protamine and that it exerts this function at the external face of the outer membrane. ..
- Elsing C, Gorski J, Boeker C, Stremmel W. Long-chain fatty acid uptake by skeletal myocytes: a confocal laser scanning microscopy study. Cell Mol Life Sci. 1998;54:744-50 pubmed..Membrane hyper- and depolarization decreased uptake rates. This study demonstrates for the first time kinetic data from isolated myocytes with evidence for a carrier-mediated transport mechanism for long-chain fatty acids. ..
- Keilhack H, Tenev T, Nyakatura E, Godovac Zimmermann J, Nielsen L, Seedorf K, et al. Phosphotyrosine 1173 mediates binding of the protein-tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1 to the epidermal growth factor receptor and attenuation of receptor signaling. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:24839-46 pubmed..Therefore, receptor dephosphorylation may be the result of the combined activity of receptor-bound SHP-1 and SHP-1 bound to an auxiliary docking protein. ..
- Jagath J, Rodnina M, Lentzen G, Wintermeyer W. Interaction of guanine nucleotides with the signal recognition particle from Escherichia coli. Biochemistry. 1998;37:15408-13 pubmed..Binding of both GTP and GDP to Ffh was independent of Mg2+ ions. The data suggest that, at conditions in vivo, (i) there will be rapid spontaneous GDP-GTP exchange, and (ii) the GTP-bound form of Ffh, or of SRP, will be predominant. ..
- Bussing A, Wagner M, Wagner B, Stein G, Schietzel M, Schaller G, et al. Induction of mitochondrial Apo2.7 molecules and generation of reactive oxygen-intermediates in cultured lymphocytes by the toxic proteins from Viscum album L. Cancer Lett. 1999;139:79-88 pubmed..7 molecules within 24 h. In contrast, protein synthesis/transport inhibition may signal for apoptosis within 24 h by decreasing distinct 'survival promotors' which remain to be characterised. ..
- Warnecke J, Sontheimer E, Piccirilli J, Hartmann R. Active site constraints in the hydrolysis reaction catalyzed by bacterial RNase P: analysis of precursor tRNAs with a single 3'-S-phosphorothiolate internucleotide linkage. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:720-7 pubmed
- Toomre D, Steyer J, Keller P, Almers W, Simons K. Fusion of constitutive membrane traffic with the cell surface observed by evanescent wave microscopy. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:33-40 pubmed
- Thess A, Hutschenreiter S, Hofmann M, Tampe R, Baumeister W, Guckenberger R. Specific orientation and two-dimensional crystallization of the proteasome at metal-chelating lipid interfaces. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36321-8 pubmed
- Paarmann I, Spangenberg O, Lavie A, Konrad M. Formation of complexes between Ca2+.calmodulin and the synapse-associated protein SAP97 requires the SH3 domain-guanylate kinase domain-connecting HOOK region. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:40832-8 pubmed..Our findings suggest that calmodulin could regulate the intramolecular interaction between the SH3, HOOK, and GK domains of SAP97. ..
- Gambaryan S, Geiger J, Schwarz U, Butt E, Begonja A, Obergfell A, et al. Potent inhibition of human platelets by cGMP analogs independent of cGMP-dependent protein kinase. Blood. 2004;103:2593-600 pubmed..One explanation for these discrepancies is the novel finding that extracellular cGMP analogs potently and rapidly inhibit thrombin-, thromboxane-, and VWF-induced human platelet signaling and activation by a cGK-independent mechanism. ..
- Lata S, Gavutis M, Tampe R, Piehler J. Specific and stable fluorescence labeling of histidine-tagged proteins for dissecting multi-protein complex formation. J Am Chem Soc. 2006;128:2365-72 pubmed..A broad application of these fluorescence conjugates for protein interaction analysis can be envisaged...
- Gruegelsiepe H, Brandt O, Hartmann R. Antisense inhibition of RNase P: mechanistic aspects and application to live bacteria. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:30613-20 pubmed
- Werther T, Spinka M, Tittmann K, Schütz A, Golbik R, Mrestani Klaus C, et al. Amino acids allosterically regulate the thiamine diphosphate-dependent alpha-keto acid decarboxylase from Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:5344-54 pubmed..The influence of amino acids on MtKDC catalysis was investigated, and implications for other thiamine diphosphate-dependent enzymes are discussed. ..
- Borrmann T, Hinz S, Bertarelli D, Li W, Florin N, Scheiff A, et al. 1-alkyl-8-(piperazine-1-sulfonyl)phenylxanthines: development and characterization of adenosine A2B receptor antagonists and a new radioligand with subnanomolar affinity and subtype specificity. J Med Chem. 2009;52:3994-4006 pubmed publisher..It was shown to be a useful pharmacological tool for the selective labeling of human as well as rodent A(2B) receptors (K(D) human A(2B) 0.403 nM, mouse A(2B) 0.351 nM). ..
- Ertl C, Lukowski R, Sigl K, Schlossmann J, Hofmann F, Wegener J. Kinetics of relaxation by cGMP/cGKI signaling in fundus smooth muscle. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;670:266-71 pubmed publisher..The different kinetic of recovery from relaxation after EFS in sm-cGKI? and sm-cGKI? mice suggests that different signaling pathways exist for each cGKI isoform in vivo in fundus muscles. ..
- Sonntag A, Dalle Pezze P, Shanley D, Thedieck K. A modelling-experimental approach reveals insulin receptor substrate (IRS)-dependent regulation of adenosine monosphosphate-dependent kinase (AMPK) by insulin. FEBS J. 2012;279:3314-28 pubmed publisher..We confirmed the identified model and therefore report a novel connection within the insulin-mTOR-AMPK network: we conclude that AMPK is positively regulated by IRS and can be inhibited via the negative-feedback loop. ..
- Engel P, Kramer R, Unden G. Transport of C4-dicarboxylates by anaerobically grown Escherichia coli. Energetics and mechanism of exchange, uptake and efflux. Eur J Biochem. 1994;222:605-14 pubmed..The efflux of succinate from de-energized membrane vesicles generated a delta psi of -70 mV. It is thus suggested that succinate efflux functions as a H+/succinate symport. ..
- Lange R, Barth M, Hengge Aronis R. Complex transcriptional control of the sigma s-dependent stationary-phase-induced and osmotically regulated osmY (csi-5) gene suggests novel roles for Lrp, cyclic AMP (cAMP) receptor protein-cAMP complex, and integration host factor in the stationary. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:7910-7 pubmed..Whereas sigma s, Lrp, CRP, and IHF are clearly involved in stationary-phase induction, none of these regulators is essential for osmotic regulation of osmY. ..
- Andersen C, Bachmeyer C, Tauber H, Benz R, Wang J, Michel V, et al. In vivo and in vitro studies of major surface loop deletion mutants of the Escherichia coli K-12 maltoporin: contribution to maltose and maltooligosaccharide transport and binding. Mol Microbiol. 1999;32:851-67 pubmed
- Steinke G, Weitkamp P, Klein E, Mukherjee K. High-yield preparation of wax esters via lipase-catalyzed esterification using fatty acids and alcohols from crambe and camelina oils. J Agric Food Chem. 2001;49:647-51 pubmed
- Greube A, Muller K, Töpfer Petersen E, Herrmann A, Muller P. Influence of the bovine seminal plasma protein PDC-109 on the physical state of membranes. Biochemistry. 2001;40:8326-34 pubmed..The results are of relevance for understanding the physiological role of PDC-109 in the genesis of sperm cells. ..
- Hansen A, Pfeiffer T, Zuleeg T, Limmer S, Ciesiolka J, Feltens R, et al. Exploring the minimal substrate requirements for trans-cleavage by RNase P holoenzymes from Escherichia coli and Bacillus subtilis. Mol Microbiol. 2001;41:131-43 pubmed..7 min-1. All cleavage sites were at least 2 nt away from the 5' and 3' ends of the oligonucleotides. Some cleavage site preferences were observed dependent on the identity of the RNase P RNA subunit. ..
- Bader G, Schiffmann S, Herrmann A, Fischer M, Gutlich M, Auerbach G, et al. Crystal structure of rat GTP cyclohydrolase I feedback regulatory protein, GFRP. J Mol Biol. 2001;312:1051-7 pubmed..Kinetic investigations of human GTP cyclohydrolase I in complex with rat and human GFRP showed similar regulatory effects of both GFRP proteins. ..
- Antony T, Subramaniam V. A molecular beacon strategy for real-time monitoring of triplex DNA formation kinetics. Antisense Nucleic Acid Drug Dev. 2002;12:145-54 pubmed..These results show the utility of MBs ih probing triplex DNA formation and in evaluating kinetic and thermodynamic parameters important for the design and development of TFOs as triplex DNA-based therapeutic agents. ..
- Bulieris P, Behrens S, Holst O, Kleinschmidt J. Folding and insertion of the outer membrane protein OmpA is assisted by the chaperone Skp and by lipopolysaccharide. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:9092-9 pubmed publisher..Unfolded OmpA in complex with Skp and LPS folded faster into phospholipid bilayers than urea-unfolded OmpA. Together, these results describe a first assisted folding pathway of an integral membrane protein on the example of OmpA...
- Reinke H, Hörz W. Histones are first hyperacetylated and then lose contact with the activated PHO5 promoter. Mol Cell. 2003;11:1599-607 pubmed..At the same time, they point out the need for novel controls when the ChIP technique is used to study histone modifications in the context of chromatin remodeling in vivo. ..
- Galland P, Tölle N. Light-induced fluorescence changes in Phycomyces: evidence for blue light-receptor associated flavo-semiquinones. Planta. 2003;217:971-82 pubmed..The redox changes that are associated with the photocycle are maintained by redox partners, pterins, that function in the near-UV as secondary chromophores. ..
- Hekmat D, Bauer R, Fricke J. Optimization of the microbial synthesis of dihydroxyacetone from glycerol with Gluconobacter oxydans. Bioprocess Biosyst Eng. 2003;26:109-16 pubmed..Within 17 days, the productivity of the process could be increased by 75% to about 2.8 kg x m(-3) h(-1). However, it was observed that the maximum achievable productivity had not been reached yet...
- Schilling S, Manhart S, Hoffmann T, Ludwig H, Wasternack C, Demuth H. Substrate specificity of glutaminyl cyclases from plants and animals. Biol Chem. 2003;384:1583-92 pubmed
- Marquez V, Wilson D, Tate W, Triana Alonso F, Nierhaus K. Maintaining the ribosomal reading frame: the influence of the E site during translational regulation of release factor 2. Cell. 2004;118:45-55 pubmed..Consistently, in a minimal system, the presence of the E site tRNA prevents the +1 frameshift event, illustrating the importance of the E site for reading-frame maintenance. ..
- Lukacin R, Matern U, Specker S, Vogt T. Cations modulate the substrate specificity of bifunctional class I O-methyltransferase from Ammi majus. FEBS Lett. 2004;577:367-70 pubmed..This effect could point to yet unknown functions and substrate specificities in situ and suggests promiscuous roles for the lignin specific cluster of plant O-methyltransferases. ..
- Burga L, Wellmann F, Lukacin R, Witte S, Schwab W, Schröder J, et al. Unusual pseudosubstrate specificity of a novel 3,5-dimethoxyphenol O-methyltransferase cloned from Ruta graveolens L. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2005;440:54-64 pubmed..0 microM. Thus, the OMT exhibited TMT activity with almost equivalent affinity to the thiol pseudosubstrate which is structurally unrelated to methoxyphenols...
- Tholema N, Vor der Brüggen M, Maser P, Nakamura T, Schroeder J, Kobayashi H, et al. All four putative selectivity filter glycine residues in KtrB are essential for high affinity and selective K+ uptake by the KtrAB system from Vibrio alginolyticus. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:41146-54 pubmed..They also indicate that the role of KtrA lies in conferring velocity and ion coupling to the Ktr complex...
- van den Boom F, Dussmann H, Uhlenbrock K, Abouhamed M, Bähler M. The Myosin IXb motor activity targets the myosin IXb RhoGAP domain as cargo to sites of actin polymerization. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:1507-18 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Myo9b functions as a motorized RhoGAP molecule in regions of actin polymerization and identify Myo9b head sequences important for in vivo motor properties. ..
- Wessjohann L, Schneider A, Abbas M, Brandt W. Selenium in chemistry and biochemistry in comparison to sulfur. Biol Chem. 2007;388:997-1006 pubmed..Finally, selected typical enzymatic mechanisms which involve selenocysteine are critically discussed, also in view of the authors' own results. ..
- Thorn A, Egerer Sieber C, Jäger C, Herl V, Müller Uri F, Kreis W, et al. The crystal structure of progesterone 5beta-reductase from Digitalis lanata defines a novel class of short chain dehydrogenases/reductases. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:17260-9 pubmed..Our observation that the sequence motifs that line the active site are conserved in a number of bacterial and plant enzymes of yet unknown function leads us to the proposition that 5beta-POR defines a novel class of SDRs...
- Friberg A, Corsini L, Mourão A, Sattler M. Structure and ligand binding of the extended Tudor domain of D. melanogaster Tudor-SN. J Mol Biol. 2009;387:921-34 pubmed publisher..Recognition of sDMA in the C-terminal tails of spliceosomal Sm proteins suggests how Tudor-SN may interact with small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particles during the regulation of splicing. ..
- Müller M, Slavov C, Luthra R, Redding K, Holzwarth A. Independent initiation of primary electron transfer in the two branches of the photosystem I reaction center. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:4123-8 pubmed publisher..A unique kinetic modeling approach allows estimation of the individual ET rates within the two cofactor branches. ..
- Schreiner M, Krumbein A, Knorr D, Smetanska I. Enhanced glucosinolates in root exudates of Brassica rapa ssp. rapa mediated by salicylic acid and methyl jasmonate. J Agric Food Chem. 2011;59:1400-5 pubmed publisher..This study may provide an essential contribution using these glucosinolates as bioactive additives in functional foods and nutraceuticals...
- Probst L, Dächert J, Schenk B, Fulda S. Lipoxygenase inhibitors protect acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells from ferroptotic cell death. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;140:41-52 pubmed publisher..By providing new insights into the molecular regulation of ferroptosis, our study contributes to the development of novel treatment strategies to reactivate programmed cell death in ALL. ..
- Krones A, Jungermann K, Kietzmann T. Cross-talk between the signals hypoxia and glucose at the glucose response element of the L-type pyruvate kinase gene. Endocrinology. 2001;142:2707-18 pubmed..Our findings implicate that the cross-talk between oxygen and glucose might have a fundamental role in the regulation of several physiological and pathophysiological processes. ..
- Ritte G, Lloyd J, Eckermann N, Rottmann A, Kossmann J, Steup M. The starch-related R1 protein is an alpha -glucan, water dikinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:7166-71 pubmed publisher..Autophosphorylation precedes the phosphate transfer to the glucan indicating a ping-pong reaction mechanism...
- Krasel C, Bünemann M, Lorenz K, Lohse M. Beta-arrestin binding to the beta2-adrenergic receptor requires both receptor phosphorylation and receptor activation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9528-35 pubmed..This fast agonist-controlled association and dissociation of beta-arrestins from prephosphorylated receptors should permit rapid control of receptor sensitivity in repeatedly stimulated cells such as neurons. ..
- Drewke C, Klein M, Clade D, Arenz A, Muller R, Leistner E. 4-O-phosphoryl-L-threonine, a substrate of the pdxC(serC) gene product involved in vitamin B6 biosynthesis. FEBS Lett. 1996;390:179-82 pubmed..Pyridoxal phosphate was shown to be the cofactor for both enzymes and therefore seems to be involved in its own biosynthesis. ..
- Keck A, Klein J, Kudlich M, Stolz A, Knackmuss H, Mattes R. Reduction of azo dyes by redox mediators originating in the naphthalenesulfonic acid degradation pathway of Sphingomonas sp. strain BN6. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1997;63:3684-90 pubmed..Thus, the decomposition products of 1,2-dihydroxynaphthalene are suggested to act as redox mediators which are able to anaerobically shuttle reduction equivalents from the cells to the extracellular azo dye...
- Chelius D, Loeb Hennard C, Fleischer S, McIntyre J, Marks A, De S, et al. Phosphatidylcholine activation of human heart (R)-3-hydroxybutyrate dehydrogenase mutants lacking active center sulfhydryls: site-directed mutagenesis of a new recombinant fusion protein. Biochemistry. 2000;39:9687-97 pubmed..Thus, although C242 (in the C-terminal lipid binding domain of BDH) is close to the active site, it appears to be in a hydrophobic environment and only indirectly defines the substrate binding site at the catalytic center of BDH. ..
- Villa Braslavsky C, Nowak C, Gorlich D, Wittinghofer A, Kuhlmann J. Different structural and kinetic requirements for the interaction of Ran with the Ran-binding domains from RanBP2 and importin-beta. Biochemistry. 2000;39:11629-39 pubmed..GTP complexes of importins or exportins that exit the nucleus. This flag is then recognized by the multiple RanBDis at or near the nuclear pore complex, allowing efficient disassembly of these Ran.GTP complexes. ..
- Cui Y, Konig J, Leier I, Buchholz U, Keppler D. Hepatic uptake of bilirubin and its conjugates by the human organic anion transporter SLC21A6. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:9626-30 pubmed..Human OATP2 may play a key role in the prevention of hyperbilirubinemia by facilitating the selective entry of unconjugated bilirubin and its glucuronate conjugates into human hepatocytes. ..
- Illarionov B, Eisenreich W, Bacher A. A pentacyclic reaction intermediate of riboflavin synthase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:7224-9 pubmed..Enzyme-catalyzed fragmentation of this compound under formation of riboflavin can occur easily by a sequence of two elimination reactions. ..
- Geibel S, Friedrich T, Ormos P, Wood P, Nagel G, Bamberg E. The voltage-dependent proton pumping in bacteriorhodopsin is characterized by optoelectric behavior. Biophys J. 2001;81:2059-68 pubmed..From the results we conclude that the transport cycle of bR branches via a long-lived M(1)* in a voltage-dependent manner into a nontransporting cycle, where the proton release and uptake occur on the extracellular side. ..
- Steiger S, Mazet A, Sandmann G. Heterologous expression, purification, and enzymatic characterization of the acyclic carotenoid 1,2-hydratase from Rubrivivax gelatinosus. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2003;414:51-8 pubmed..The individual catalytic properties of both carotenoid 1,2-hydratases reflect the in situ carotenogenic pathways in both purple photosynthetic bacteria. ..
- Schmidt H, Stiefel K, Racay P, Schwaller B, Eilers J. Mutational analysis of dendritic Ca2+ kinetics in rodent Purkinje cells: role of parvalbumin and calbindin D28k. J Physiol. 2003;551:13-32 pubmed..Our results suggest that the distinct kinetics of PV and CB underlie the biphasic kinetics of synaptically evoked Ca2+ transients in dendritic shafts of PCs. ..
- Boehmer C, Henke G, Schniepp R, Palmada M, Rothstein J, Broer S, et al. Regulation of the glutamate transporter EAAT1 by the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-2 and the serum and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase isoforms SGK1/3 and protein kinase B. J Neurochem. 2003;86:1181-8 pubmed..The experiments reveal a powerful novel mechanism that regulates the activity of EAAT1. This mechanism might participate in the regulation of neuronal excitability and glutamate transport in other tissues. ..
- Wenz T, Covian R, Hellwig P, MacMillan F, Meunier B, Trumpower B, et al. Mutational analysis of cytochrome b at the ubiquinol oxidation site of yeast complex III. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:3977-88 pubmed..Altered center N kinetics and activation of ubiquinol oxidation by binding of cytochrome c in the Y132F and E272D enzymes indicate long range effects of these mutations. ..
- Forstemann K, Horwich M, Wee L, Tomari Y, Zamore P. Drosophila microRNAs are sorted into functionally distinct argonaute complexes after production by dicer-1. Cell. 2007;130:287-97 pubmed..Thus, the two members of the Drosophila Ago subclade of Argonaute proteins are functionally specialized, but specific small RNA classes are not restricted to associate with Ago1 or Ago2. ..
- Elmaouhoub A, Dudas J, Ramadori G. Kinetics of albumin- and alpha-fetoprotein-production during rat liver development. Histochem Cell Biol. 2007;128:431-43 pubmed..This is the first comparative report to analyze the hepatocyte secretory function, cell proliferation and cell volume during liver development. ..