Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on kinetics in France
Publications371 found, 100 shown here
- Gallardo K, Le Signor C, Vandekerckhove J, Thompson R, Burstin J. Proteomics of Medicago truncatula seed development establishes the time frame of diverse metabolic processes related to reserve accumulation. Plant Physiol. 2003;133:664-82 pubmed
- Rosnet O, Blanco Betancourt C, Grivel K, Richter K, Schiff C. Binding of free immunoglobulin light chains to VpreB3 inhibits their maturation and secretion in chicken B cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:10228-36 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that this evolutionarily conserved molecule may play a role in the regulation of the maturation and secretion of free IgLC in B cells. We discuss possible implications in the regulation of the immune response. ..
- Gerotziafas G, Depasse F, Chakroun T, Van Dreden P, Samama M, Elalamy I. Comparison of the effect of fondaparinux and enoxaparin on thrombin generation during in-vitro clotting of whole blood and platelet-rich plasma. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2004;15:149-56 pubmed..The more profound inhibition of thrombin generation induced by enoxaparin is due to its supplementary anti-activated factor II activity. ..
- Fioravanti E, Adam V, Munier Lehmann H, Bourgeois D. The crystal structure of Mycobacterium tuberculosis thymidylate kinase in complex with 3'-azidodeoxythymidine monophosphate suggests a mechanism for competitive inhibition. Biochemistry. 2005;44:130-7 pubmed..Magnesium is prevented from binding, and the resulting electrostatic environment precludes phosphoryl transfer from occurring. Our data provide a model for drug development against tuberculosis. ..
- Layer G, Ollagnier de Choudens S, Sanakis Y, Fontecave M. Iron-sulfur cluster biosynthesis: characterization of Escherichia coli CYaY as an iron donor for the assembly of [2Fe-2S] clusters in the scaffold IscU. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:16256-63 pubmed..All of these results point toward a link between CyaY and [Fe-S] cluster biosynthesis, and a possible mechanism for the process is discussed. ..
- Pace G, Ferri V, Grave C, Elbing M, von Hänisch C, Zharnikov M, et al. Cooperative light-induced molecular movements of highly ordered azobenzene self-assembled monolayers. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:9937-42 pubmed..This observation of azobenzene-based systems displaying collective switching might be of interest for applications in high-density data storage. ..
- Gondeau C, Chaloin L, Varga A, Roy B, Lallemand P, Perigaud C, et al. Differences in the transient kinetics of the binding of D-ADP and its mirror image L-ADP to human 3-phosphoglycerate kinase revealed by the presence of 3-phosphoglycerate. Biochemistry. 2008;47:3462-73 pubmed publisher..The difference is unexpected because l-ADP is almost as catalytically competent as d-ADP [ Varga, A. et al. (2008) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 366, 994-1000]. ..
- Mollet S, Cougot N, Wilczynska A, Dautry F, Kress M, Bertrand E, et al. Translationally repressed mRNA transiently cycles through stress granules during stress. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4469-79 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, most arrested mRNAs are located outside stress granules. Overall, these kinetic data do not support a direct role of stress granules neither as storage site nor as intermediate location before degradation...
- Tranchant T, Durand G, Gauthier C, Crepieux P, Ulloa Aguirre A, Royere D, et al. Preferential ?-arrestin signalling at low receptor density revealed by functional characterization of the human FSH receptor A189 V mutation. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;331:109-18 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results help to clarify why mutations of FSH? are more deleterious to human fertility than the FSHR A189 V mutation which preserves parts of receptor signalling repertoire. ..
- Hillmann F, Argentini M, Buddelmeijer N. Kinetics and phospholipid specificity of apolipoprotein N-acyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:27936-46 pubmed publisher..In contrast to earlier in vitro observations, the N-acyltransferase activity was strongly affected by the phospholipid headgroup and acyl chain composition. ..
- Nault L, Guo P, Jain B, Brechet Y, Bruckert F, Weidenhaupt M. Human insulin adsorption kinetics, conformational changes and amyloidal aggregate formation on hydrophobic surfaces. Acta Biomater. 2013;9:5070-9 pubmed publisher..Adsorbed insulin is thus an intermediate along the ?-to-? structural transition that results in the formation of amyloidal fibers on these material surfaces. ..
- Liger D, Masson A, Blanot D, van Heijenoort J, Parquet C. Study of the overproduced uridine-diphosphate-N-acetylmuramate:L-alanine ligase from Escherichia coli. Microb Drug Resist. 1996;2:25-7 pubmed..The specificity of the enzyme for its substrates was investigated with various analogues. Preliminary experiments attempting to elucidate the enzymatic mechanism were consistent with the formation of an acylphosphate intermediate. ..
- Saparbaev M, Laval J. 3,N4-ethenocytosine, a highly mutagenic adduct, is a primary substrate for Escherichia coli double-stranded uracil-DNA glycosylase and human mismatch-specific thymine-DNA glycosylase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:8508-13 pubmed..coli dsUDG and hTDG proteins in vitro suggests that these enzymes may be responsible for the repair of this mutagenic lesion in vivo and be important contributors to genetic stability. ..
- Cetre C, Pierrot C, Cocude C, Lafitte S, Capron A, Capron M, et al. Profiles of Th1 and Th2 cytokines after primary and secondary infection by Schistosoma mansoni in the semipermissive rat host. Infect Immun. 1999;67:2713-9 pubmed..mansoni infection can drive Th2 responses in rats in the absence of egg production which is required to induce a Th2 response in mice and are in favor of the role of Th2-type cytokines in protective immunity against reinfection. ..
- Lissitzky J, Luis J, Munzer J, Benjannet S, Parat F, Chretien M, et al. Endoproteolytic processing of integrin pro-alpha subunits involves the redundant function of furin and proprotein convertase (PC) 5A, but not paired basic amino acid converting enzyme (PACE) 4, PC5B or PC7. Biochem J. 2000;346 Pt 1:133-8 pubmed..In conclusion, these results indicate that integrin alpha-subunit endoproteolytic processing involves the redundant function of furin and PC5A and to a smaller extent PACE4, but not of PC1, PC2, PC5B or PC7. ..
- Rahier A, Benveniste P, Husselstein T, Taton M. Biochemistry and site-directed mutational analysis of Delta7-sterol-C5(6)-desaturase. Biochem Soc Trans. 2000;28:799-803 pubmed..This mutational analysis also revealed the catalytic role of the functionally conserved Thr-114. ..
- Marheineke K, Hyrien O. Aphidicolin triggers a block to replication origin firing in Xenopus egg extracts. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:17092-100 pubmed..We conclude that a caffeine-insensitive intra-S phase checkpoint regulates origin activation when DNA synthesis is inhibited in Xenopus egg extracts. ..
- Breysse N, Baunez C, Spooren W, Gasparini F, Amalric M. Chronic but not acute treatment with a metabotropic glutamate 5 receptor antagonist reverses the akinetic deficits in a rat model of parkinsonism. J Neurosci. 2002;22:5669-78 pubmed..p.). Altogether, these results suggest a specific role of mGluRs in the regulation of extrapyramidal motor functions and a potential therapeutic value for mGluR5 antagonists in the treatment of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Callebaut I, Curcio Morelli C, Mornon J, Gereben B, Buettner C, Huang S, et al. The iodothyronine selenodeiodinases are thioredoxin-fold family proteins containing a glycoside hydrolase clan GH-A-like structure. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:36887-96 pubmed..This model can explain a number of results from previous mutagenesis analyses and permits new verifiable insights into the structural and functional properties of these enzymes. ..
- Kissenpfennig A, Henri S, Dubois B, Laplace Builhé C, Perrin P, Romani N, et al. Dynamics and function of Langerhans cells in vivo: dermal dendritic cells colonize lymph node areas distinct from slower migrating Langerhans cells. Immunity. 2005;22:643-54 pubmed..By using a similar knockin strategy involving a diphtheria toxin receptor (DTR) fused to EGFP, we demonstrated that LCs were dispensable for triggering hapten-specific T cell effectors through skin immunization. ..
- Auger R, Motta I, Benihoud K, Ojcius D, Kanellopoulos J. A role for mitogen-activated protein kinase(Erk1/2) activation and non-selective pore formation in P2X7 receptor-mediated thymocyte death. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:28142-51 pubmed..These results therefore suggest a role for both activation of MAP kinase(Erk1/2) and non-selective pore opening in P2X7R-induced thymocyte death. ..
- Nefti O, Grongnet J, David J. Overexpression of alphaB crystallin in the gastrointestinal tract of the newborn piglet after hypoxia. Shock. 2005;24:455-61 pubmed..Taken together, the present results open the field of wide investigation about the specific response of this low-molecular-weight HSP and its possible involvement in pathological states in the GIT such as stomach and colon. ..
- Guibet M, Colin S, Barbeyron T, Genicot S, Kloareg B, Michel G, et al. Degradation of lambda-carrageenan by Pseudoalteromonas carrageenovora lambda-carrageenase: a new family of glycoside hydrolases unrelated to kappa- and iota-carrageenases. Biochem J. 2007;404:105-14 pubmed
- Jang J, Wang L, Jeanjean R, Zhang C. PrpJ, a PP2C-type protein phosphatase located on the plasma membrane, is involved in heterocyst maturation in the cyanobacterium Anabaena sp. PCC 7120. Mol Microbiol. 2007;64:347-58 pubmed
- Guynet C, Hickman A, Barabas O, Dyda F, Chandler M, Ton Hoang B. In vitro reconstitution of a single-stranded transposition mechanism of IS608. Mol Cell. 2008;29:302-12 pubmed publisher..This single-strand transposition mode has important implications not only for dispersion of IS608 but also for the other members of this very large IS family. ..
- Aceves Lara C, Latrille E, Bernet N, Buffiere P, Steyer J. A pseudo-stoichiometric dynamic model of anaerobic hydrogen production from molasses. Water Res. 2008;42:2539-50 pubmed publisher..Finally, the best hydrogen production was 15.3L(H)(2)d(-1)L(-1) for a concentration of substrate of 20.09 g L(-1) and a liquid feed flow of 5 L d(-1) (i.e., 1.47 mol-H2 mol-glucose(-1)). ..
- Weiss N, Couchoux H, Legrand C, Berthier C, Allard B, Jacquemond V. Expression of the muscular dystrophy-associated caveolin-3(P104L) mutant in adult mouse skeletal muscle specifically alters the Ca(2+) channel function of the dihydropyridine receptor. Pflugers Arch. 2008;457:361-75 pubmed publisher
- Morille M, Montier T, Legras P, Carmoy N, Brodin P, Pitard B, et al. Long-circulating DNA lipid nanocapsules as new vector for passive tumor targeting. Biomaterials. 2010;31:321-9 pubmed publisher..1 h vs 1.4 h). Finally, a tumor accumulation assessed by in vivo fluorescence imaging system was evidenced for these coated LNCs as a passive targeting without causing any hepatic damage. ..
- Achour O, Ashraf Y, Bridiau N, Kacem M, Poupard N, Bordenave Juchereau S, et al. Alteration of cathepsin D trafficking induced by hypoxia and extracellular acidification in MCF-7 breast cancer cells. Biochimie. 2016;121:123-30 pubmed publisher..This important result may provide new arguments in favor of the role of extracellular CD in the degradation of the matrix proteins that constitute the breast tumor microenvironment. ..
- Boulard C, Villejoubert C. Use of pooled serum or milk samples for the epidemiological surveillance of bovine hypodermosis. Vet Parasitol. 1991;39:171-83 pubmed
- Bouillet P, Oulad Abdelghani M, Vicaire S, Garnier J, Schuhbaur B, Dolle P, et al. Efficient cloning of cDNAs of retinoic acid-responsive genes in P19 embryonal carcinoma cells and characterization of a novel mouse gene, Stra1 (mouse LERK-2/Eplg2). Dev Biol. 1995;170:420-33 pubmed..We also report the sequence and expression pattern in mouse embryos and adult tissues of one of these novel RA-inducible genes, Stra1, and show that it corresponds to the mouse ligand for the Cek5 receptor protein-tyrosine kinase. ..
- Touati E, Laurent Winter C, Quillardet P, Hofnung M. Global response of Escherichia coli cells to a treatment with 7-methoxy-2-nitronaphtho[2,1-b]furan (R7000), an extremely potent mutagen. Mutat Res. 1996;349:193-200 pubmed..In parallel, the expression of 9 other proteins, still unidentified, was modified by this nitrofuran. They represent potential candidates involved in metabolic and DNA lesions repair specific of R7000 action. ..
- Urban Grimal D, Pinson B, Chevallier J, Haguenauer Tsapis R. Replacement of Lys by Glu in a transmembrane segment strongly impairs the function of the uracil permease from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem J. 1995;308 ( Pt 3):847-51 pubmed..Lys-272 is fully conserved in the uracil permease family and is predicted to lie in the fourth transmembrane segment of the protein. It seems to be essential for both efficient uracil binding and translocation. ..
- Santos R, Bocquet S, Puppo A, Touati D. Characterization of an atypical superoxide dismutase from Sinorhizobium meliloti. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:4509-16 pubmed..Sequence comparison with 70 FeSODs and MnSODs indicates that S. meliloti SOD contains several atypical residues at specific sites that might account for the activation by manganese and resistance to H(2)O(2) of this unusual Fe-type SOD. ..
- Rabel D, Charlet M, Ehret Sabatier L, Cavicchioli L, Cudic M, Otvos L, et al. Primary structure and in vitro antibacterial properties of the Drosophila melanogaster attacin C Pro-domain. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:14853-9 pubmed..The synergistic action observed between these two molecules suggests that the truncated post-translationally modified pro-domain of attacin C by itself may play an important role in the antimicrobial defense of Drosophila. ..
- Blanca G, Villani G, Shevelev I, Ramadan K, Spadari S, Hubscher U, et al. Human DNA polymerases lambda and beta show different efficiencies of translesion DNA synthesis past abasic sites and alternative mechanisms for frameshift generation. Biochemistry. 2004;43:11605-15 pubmed
- Nouaille R, Matulova M, Delort A, Forano E. Production of maltodextrin 1-phosphate by Fibrobacter succinogenes S85. FEBS Lett. 2004;576:226-30 pubmed..We used 2D 1H NMR technique and TLC to identify their structure and quantify their production with time. It was also shown that these phosphorylated oligosaccharides originated both from exogenous glucose and endogenous glycogen...
- Li X, Grunwald D, Mathieu J, Morel F, Stasia M. Crucial role of two potential cytosolic regions of Nox2, 191TSSTKTIRRS200 and 484DESQANHFAVHHDEEKD500, on NADPH oxidase activation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:14962-73 pubmed
- Coquet L, Cosette P, Dé E, Galas L, Vaudry H, Rihouey C, et al. Immobilization induces alterations in the outer membrane protein pattern of Yersinia ruckeri. J Proteome Res. 2005;4:1988-98 pubmed..Some OMPs involved in bacterial adaptation were accumulated by both FC48 and IC but the expression of other proteins was controlled by the sessile mode of growth...
- Putaux J, Potocki Veronese G, Remaud Simeon M, Buleon A. Alpha-D-glucan-based dendritic nanoparticles prepared by in vitro enzymatic chain extension of glycogen. Biomacromolecules. 2006;7:1720-8 pubmed..These results emphasize the potentiality of amylosucrase in the design of original carbohydrate-based dendritic nanoparticles. ..
- Teillet F, Gaboriaud C, Lacroix M, Martin L, Arlaud G, Thielens N. Crystal structure of the CUB1-EGF-CUB2 domain of human MASP-1/3 and identification of its interaction sites with mannan-binding lectin and ficolins. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:25715-24 pubmed publisher..Based on these and other data, a schematic model of a MBL.MASP complex is proposed. ..
- Lecat S, Ouedraogo M, Cherrier T, Noulet F, Ronde P, Glasser N, et al. Contribution of a tyrosine-based motif to cellular trafficking of wild-type and truncated NPY Y(1) receptors. Cell Signal. 2011;23:228-38 pubmed publisher..We suggest that this motif is masked in full-length Y(1) receptors which do not constitutively internalize in the absence of agonist. ..
- Di Primo C, Dausse E, Toulmé J. Surface plasmon resonance investigation of RNA aptamer-RNA ligand interactions. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;764:279-300 pubmed publisher..To illustrate SPR investigation of such complexes, we describe here methods that were successfully used to monitor the interaction between the trans-activating responsive element of HIV-1 and an RNA aptamer. ..
- Sage J, Mallèvre F, Barbarin Costes F, Samsonov S, Gehrcke J, Pisabarro M, et al. Binding of chondroitin 4-sulfate to cathepsin S regulates its enzymatic activity. Biochemistry. 2013;52:6487-98 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results describe a novel glycosaminoglycan-mediated mechanism of catS inhibition and suggest that C4-S may modulate the collagenase activity of catS in vivo. ..
- Jacques J, Fourmond V, Arnoux P, Sabaty M, Etienne E, Grosse S, et al. Reductive activation in periplasmic nitrate reductase involves chemical modifications of the Mo-cofactor beyond the first coordination sphere of the metal ion. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1837:277-86 pubmed publisher..The mechanism implies both the cyclization of the pyran ring and the reduction of the oxidized pterin to give the competent tricyclic tetrahydropyranopterin form. ..
- Barhoumi N, Oturan N, Olvera Vargas H, Brillas E, Gadri A, Ammar S, et al. Pyrite as a sustainable catalyst in electro-Fenton process for improving oxidation of sulfamethazine. Kinetics, mechanism and toxicity assessment. Water Res. 2016;94:52-61 pubmed publisher..Toxicity assessment by means of Microtox method revealed the formation of some toxic intermediates during the treatment. However, toxicity of the solution was removed at the end of treatment. ..
- Grizot S, Fieschi F, Dagher M, Pebay Peyroula E. The active N-terminal region of p67phox. Structure at 1.8 A resolution and biochemical characterizations of the A128V mutant implicated in chronic granulomatous disease. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:21627-31 pubmed..However, this point mutation represents a temperature-sensitive defect in p67(phox) that explains its phenotype at physiological temperature. ..
- Nini L, Sarda L, Comeau L, Boitard E, Dubes J, Chahinian H. Lipase-catalysed hydrolysis of short-chain substrates in solution and in emulsion: a kinetic study. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1534:34-44 pubmed
- Le Bourvellec C, Le Quere J, Sanoner P, Drilleau J, Guyot S. Inhibition of apple polyphenol oxidase activity by procyanidins and polyphenol oxidation products. J Agric Food Chem. 2004;52:122-30 pubmed..5, and 1 g/L of the fraction of n 4. The inhibitory effect of oxidized procyanidins was twice that of native procyanidins. Oxidation products of caffeoylquinic acid and (-)-epicatechin also inhibited polyphenol oxidase. ..
- Mocan I, Georgescauld F, Gonin P, Thoraval D, Cervoni L, Giartosio A, et al. Protein phosphorylation corrects the folding defect of the neuroblastoma (S120G) mutant of human nucleoside diphosphate kinase A/Nm23-H1. Biochem J. 2007;403:149-56 pubmed..coli. Its renaturation stops at a folding intermediate and cannot be reactivated by ATP in vitro. The transfection of cells with this double mutant might be a good model to study the cellular effects of folding intermediates. ..
- Le Nel A, Minc N, Smadja C, Slovakova M, Bilkova Z, Peyrin J, et al. Controlled proteolysis of normal and pathological prion protein in a microfluidic chip. Lab Chip. 2008;8:294-301 pubmed publisher..Extracts from normal and pathological brain homogenates were finally compared and strong discrimination between normal and pathological samples was demonstrated. ..
- Rhimi M, Ilhammami R, Bajic G, Boudebbouze S, Maguin E, Haser R, et al. The acid tolerant L-arabinose isomerase from the food grade Lactobacillus sakei 23K is an attractive D-tagatose producer. Bioresour Technol. 2010;101:9171-7 pubmed publisher..Enzyme kinetic studies showed that this enzyme displays a high catalytic efficiency allowing D-galactose bioconversion rates of 20% and 36% at 10 and 45 degrees C, respectively, which are useful for commercial production of D-tagatose...
- Joyce W, Ozolina K, Mauduit F, Ollivier H, Claireaux G, Shiels H. Individual variation in whole-animal hypoxia tolerance is associated with cardiac hypoxia tolerance in a marine teleost. Biol Lett. 2016;12:20150708 pubmed publisher..As the occurrence of aquatic hypoxia is expected to increase in marine ecosystems, our experimental data suggest that cardiac performance may influence fish survival and distribution. ..
- Borgese F, Sardet C, Cappadoro M, Pouyssegur J, Motais R. Cloning and expression of a cAMP-activated Na+/H+ exchanger: evidence that the cytoplasmic domain mediates hormonal regulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:6765-9 pubmed..The cytoplasmic segment containing PKA consensus sites, which is crucial for cAMP activation, is unnecessary for stimulation by PKC activators. ..
- Tetaud E, Hanau S, Wells J, Le Page R, Adams M, Arkison S, et al. 6-Phosphogluconate dehydrogenase from Lactococcus lactis: a role for arginine residues in binding substrate and coenzyme. Biochem J. 1999;338 ( Pt 1):55-60 pubmed..A second 6-PGDH gene has been identified from the genome of B. subtilis. This second isoform contains an arginine (Arg-34) in this position, suggesting that B. subtilis has two 6-PGDHs with different coenzyme specificities...
- Josse D, Xie W, Renault F, Rochu D, Schopfer L, Masson P, et al. Identification of residues essential for human paraoxonase (PON1) arylesterase/organophosphatase activities. Biochemistry. 1999;38:2816-25 pubmed..Finally, the cysteines constituting the PON1 disulfide bond (C41 and C352) were essential, but the glycan chains linked to Asn 252 and 323 were not essential for PON1 secretion and activity. ..
- Hans A, Syan S, Crosio C, Sassone Corsi P, Brahic M, Gonzalez Dunia D. Borna disease virus persistent infection activates mitogen-activated protein kinase and blocks neuronal differentiation of PC12 cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:7258-65 pubmed..These observations may account for the absence of neuronal differentiation of persistently infected PC12 cells treated with NGF. ..
- Beven L, Adenier H, Kichenama R, Homand J, Redeker V, Le Caer J, et al. Ca2+-myristoyl switch and membrane binding of chemically acylated neurocalcins. Biochemistry. 2001;40:8152-60 pubmed..The ability to modify at will the fatty acid linked to the N-terminal glycine should be useful to analyze the contribution of the fatty acid moiety to the biological function of this family of neuronal calcium sensors. ..
- Favier A, Brutscher B, Blackledge M, Galinier A, Deutscher J, Penin F, et al. Solution structure and dynamics of Crh, the Bacillus subtilis catabolite repression HPr. J Mol Biol. 2002;317:131-44 pubmed..15)N relaxation measured in the monomeric form also identified differential local mobility in the helix B which is located in the vicinity of this site. ..
- Malo M, Israel M. Expression of the acetylcholine release mechanism in various cells and reconstruction of the release mechanism in non-releasing cells. Life Sci. 2003;72:2029-38 pubmed..A reconstruction of the release mechanism in cells particularly graftable cells, appears now possibly for ACh and probably for other transmitters. ..
- Trinchant J, Boscari A, Spennato G, Van de Sype G, Le Rudulier D. Proline betaine accumulation and metabolism in alfalfa plants under sodium chloride stress. Exploring its compartmentalization in nodules. Plant Physiol. 2004;135:1583-94 pubmed
- Besson M, Re D, Moulin M, Birman S. High affinity transport of taurine by the Drosophila aspartate transporter dEAAT2. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:6621-6 pubmed..Therefore, dEAAT2 is actually an aspartate/taurine transporter. Further studies of this protein are expected to shed light on the role of taurine as a candidate neuromodulator and cell survival factor in the Drosophila nervous system. ..
- Bossis G, Malnou C, Farras R, Andermarcher E, Hipskind R, Rodriguez M, et al. Down-regulation of c-Fos/c-Jun AP-1 dimer activity by sumoylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6964-79 pubmed..This supports the idea that this modification does not constitute a final inactivation step that necessarily precedes protein degradation. ..
- Pouget N, Turlan C, Destainville N, Salome L, Chandler M. IS911 transpososome assembly as analysed by tethered particle motion. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:4313-23 pubmed..This is compatible with a model in which Tpase binds separately to and bends each end (the intermediate species) and protein-protein interactions then lead to synapsis (the looped species). ..
- Michelot A, Berro J, Guerin C, Boujemaa Paterski R, Staiger C, Martiel J, et al. Actin-filament stochastic dynamics mediated by ADF/cofilin. Curr Biol. 2007;17:825-33 pubmed..When combined with a selection process that stabilizes filaments in bundles, this mechanism could account for the emergence and extension of actin-based structures in cells. ..
- Meimoun P, Ambard Bretteville F, Colas des Francs Small C, Valot B, Vidal J. Analysis of plant phosphoproteins. Anal Biochem. 2007;371:238-46 pubmed..These results validate the method for in vitro/in vivo studies of native/denatured individual proteins/enzymes regulated by phosphorylation and for phosphorylome studies. ..
- Tran V, Hoffmann L, Rabiller C, Tellier C, Dion M. Rational design of a GH1 beta-glycosidase to prevent self-condensation during the transglycosylation reaction. Protein Eng Des Sel. 2010;23:43-9 pubmed publisher..This finding opens the way to further improvements of evolved transglycosidases. ..
- Lallemand P, Leban N, Kunzelmann S, Chaloin L, Serpersu E, Webb M, et al. Transient kinetics of aminoglycoside phosphotransferase(3')-IIIa reveals a potential drug target in the antibiotic resistance mechanism. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:4223-7 pubmed publisher..A good strategy to prevent the inactivation of aminoglycosides would be to develop uncompetitive inhibitors that interact with this key ADP-enzyme complex. ..
- Grecu D, Irudayaraj V, Martinez Sanz J, Mallet J, Assairi L. A chirality change in XPC- and Sfi1-derived peptides affects their affinity for centrin. Peptides. 2016;78:77-86 pubmed publisher..The residual affinity observed for D-XPC suggests that the use of d-peptides represents a promising strategy for inhibiting centrin binding to its targets. ..
- Gasparutto D, Livache T, Bazin H, Duplaa A, Guy A, Khorlin A, et al. Chemical synthesis of a biologically active natural tRNA with its minor bases. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:5159-66 pubmed..The synthetic tRNA(Ala) has been transcribed into cDNA by reverse transcriptase and sequenced. With E. coli alanyl-tRNA synthetase the alanyl acceptance activity and kcat/Km were 672 pmol/A260 and 6 x 10(4)M-1s-1, respectively. ..
- Noel A, Santavicca M, Stoll I, L Hoir C, Staub A, Murphy G, et al. Identification of structural determinants controlling human and mouse stromelysin-3 proteolytic activities. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:22866-72 pubmed
- Vincent C, Tarbouriech N, Hartlein M. Genomic organization, cDNA sequence, bacterial expression, and purification of human seryl-tRNA synthase. Eur J Biochem. 1997;250:77-84 pubmed..In functional studies, the enzyme aminoacylates calf liver tRNA and prokaryotic E. coli tRNA. ..
- Lebeau T, Gaudin P, Junter G, Mignot L, Robert J. Continuous marennin production by agar-entrapped Haslea ostrearia using a tubular photobioreactor with internal illumination. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2000;54:634-40 pubmed..However, the 3 mm gel thickness led to a more homogeneous cell distribution during incubation and to an increase of the whole biomass in the agar gel layer. ..
- Gout E, Boisson A, Aubert S, Douce R, Bligny R. Origin of the cytoplasmic pH changes during anaerobic stress in higher plant cells. Carbon-13 and phosphorous-31 nuclear magnetic resonance studies. Plant Physiol. 2001;125:912-25 pubmed..5) within 2 to 3 min, whereas external pH decreased abruptly. We suggest that the H(+)-pumping ATPase located in the plasma membrane was blocked in anoxia and quickly reactivated after re-oxygenation. ..
- Duvet S, Op De Beeck A, Cocquerel L, Wychowski C, Cacan R, Dubuisson J. Glycosylation of the hepatitis C virus envelope protein E1 occurs posttranslationally in a mannosylphosphoryldolichol-deficient CHO mutant cell line. Glycobiology. 2002;12:95-101 pubmed..Comparisons with the N-glycosylation of other proteins expressed in B3F7 cells indicate that the posttranslational glycosylation of E1 is likely due to specific folding features of this acceptor protein. ..
- Marden M, Cabanes Macheteau M, Babes A, Kiger L, Griffon N, Poyart C, et al. Control of the allosteric equilibrium of hemoglobin by cross-linking agents. Protein Sci. 2002;11:1376-83 pubmed
- Kutuzov M, Solov eva O, Andreeva A, Bennett N. Protein Ser/Thr phosphatases PPEF interact with calmodulin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:1047-52 pubmed
- Merlin J, Gautier H, Barberi Heyob M, Teiten M, Guillemin F. The multidrug resistance modulator SDZ-PSC 833 potentiates the photodynamic activity of chlorin e6 independently of P-glycoprotein in multidrug resistant human breast adenocarcinoma cells. Int J Oncol. 2003;22:733-9 pubmed
- Vallee S, Fouchier F, Bremond P, Briand C, Marvaldi J, Champion S. Insulin-like growth factor-1 downregulates nuclear factor kappa B activation and upregulates interleukin-8 gene expression induced by tumor necrosis factor alpha. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;305:831-9 pubmed..This event may be important for the cross-talk between IGF-1- and TNF alpha-mediated pathways leading to the control of inflammatory processes and the decision concerning apoptosis or cell survival. ..
- Fay N, Inoue Y, Bousset L, Taguchi H, Melki R. Assembly of the yeast prion Ure2p into protein fibrils. Thermodynamic and kinetic characterization. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30199-205 pubmed..These results bring novel insight in the process of Ure2p assembly into fibrils and the mechanism of propagation of yeast prions. ..
- Corvest V, Sigalat C, Venard R, Falson P, Mueller D, Haraux F. The binding mechanism of the yeast F1-ATPase inhibitory peptide: role of catalytic intermediates and enzyme turnover. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9927-36 pubmed..A model is proposed that suggests that IF1 binds rapidly, but loosely to F(1) with two or three catalytic sites filled, and is then locked in the enzyme during catalytic hydrolysis of ATP. ..
- Dantigny P, Guilmart A, Bensoussan M. Basis of predictive mycology. Int J Food Microbiol. 2005;100:187-96 pubmed..However, some mould specificities should be taken into account. The use of specific models for predicting germination and growth of fungi was advocated previously . This paper provides a short review of fungal modelling studies. ..
- Dubreuil O, Bossus M, Graille M, Bilous M, Savatier A, Jolivet M, et al. Fine tuning of the specificity of an anti-progesterone antibody by first and second sphere residue engineering. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24880-7 pubmed..The improvements are partly linked to a change in the canonical class of the light chain third hypervariable loop. ..
- Sandrine B, Ange N, Didier B, Eric C, Patrick S. Removal of aqueous lead ions by hydroxyapatites: equilibria and kinetic processes. J Hazard Mater. 2007;139:443-6 pubmed..Modeling of the sorption process allows to determine theoretical saturation times and residual lead concentrations at equilibrium...
- Fonseca F, Marin M, Morris G. Stabilization of frozen Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus in glycerol suspensions: Freezing kinetics and storage temperature effects. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:6474-82 pubmed..It is suggested that the cell damage which occurs in rapidly cooled cells during storage at high subzero temperatures is caused by an osmotic imbalance during warming, not the formation of intracellular ice...
- Pommier S, Chenu D, Quintard M, Lefebvre X. Modelling of moisture-dependent aerobic degradation of solid waste. Waste Manag. 2008;28:1188-200 pubmed..On the other hand, Model B, including moisture effect on the growth rate of biomass is suitable to describe food and yard waste biodegradation. ..
- Leonil J, Henry G, Jouanneau D, Delage M, Forge V, Putaux J. Kinetics of fibril formation of bovine kappa-casein indicate a conformational rearrangement as a critical step in the process. J Mol Biol. 2008;381:1267-80 pubmed publisher..Their main effect was on the elongation rate, which became close to that of the limiting conformation change, leading to the appearance of a lag phase at the beginning of the kinetics. ..