Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on kidney in Sweden
Publications141 found, 100 shown here
- Pesonen M, Celander M, Förlin L, Andersson T. Comparison of xenobiotic biotransformation enzymes in kidney and liver of rainbow trout (Salmo gairdneri). Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 1987;91:75-84 pubmed..In the liver, a 2-fold increase of this activity was seen 3 days after the treatment. The results indicate that the rainbow trout kidney in addition to the liver is of great importance in biotransformation of lipophilic xenobiotics. ..
- Dahl U, Sjödin A, Larue L, Radice G, Cajander S, Takeichi M, et al. Genetic dissection of cadherin function during nephrogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:1474-87 pubmed..Surprisingly, however, in none of the compound knockout strains was kidney development affected to a greater extent than within the individual cadherin knockout strains. ..
- Blom A, Webb J, Villoutreix B, Dahlback B. A cluster of positively charged amino acids in the C4BP alpha-chain is crucial for C4b binding and factor I cofactor function. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:19237-45 pubmed..In conclusion, we identify a cluster of amino acids that is part of a C4b binding site involved in the regulation of the complement system. ..
- Wahren J, Ekberg K, Johansson J, Henriksson M, Pramanik A, Johansson B, et al. Role of C-peptide in human physiology. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2000;278:E759-68 pubmed..The possibility exists that C-peptide replacement, together with insulin administration, may prevent the development or retard the progression of long-term complications in type 1 diabetes...
- Jakobsson E, Nilsson J, Källström U, Ogg D, Kleywegt G. Crystallization of a truncated soluble human semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2005;61:274-8 pubmed..D59, 1124-1130], the twinning fraction was estimated to be 0.3. The structure was eventually solved by molecular replacement in space group P4(3). ..
- Fransson S, Ruusala A, Aspenstrom P. The atypical Rho GTPases Miro-1 and Miro-2 have essential roles in mitochondrial trafficking. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;344:500-10 pubmed..Moreover, we show that Miro interacts with the Kinesin-binding proteins, GRIF-1 and OIP106, suggesting that the Miro GTPases form a link between the mitochondria and the trafficking apparatus of the microtubules. ..
- Näslund J, Lagerqvist N, Lundkvist A, Evander M, Ahlm C, Bucht G. Kinetics of Rift Valley Fever Virus in experimentally infected mice using quantitative real-time RT-PCR. J Virol Methods. 2008;151:277-82 pubmed publisher..The RVFV quantitative RT-PCR proved to be a valuable diagnostic tool during the first days of infection, before detectable antibody levels and visual symptoms of RVF were observed. ..
- Diswall M, Angstrom J, Karlsson H, Phelps C, Ayares D, Teneberg S, et al. Structural characterization of alpha1,3-galactosyltransferase knockout pig heart and kidney glycolipids and their reactivity with human and baboon antibodies. Xenotransplantation. 2010;17:48-60 pubmed publisher..Baboon and human serum antibodies showed a different reactivity pattern to pig glycolipid antigens indicating that non-human primates have limitations as a human pre-clinical model for immune rejection studies. ..
- Eriksson L, Larsson B, Hedlund H, Andersson K. Prostaglandin E2 binding sites in human renal tissue: characterization and localization by radioligand binding and autoradiography. Acta Physiol Scand. 1990;139:393-404 pubmed..In contrast, no specific [3H]PGE2 binding could be found on the proximal tubule, glomeruli or on blood vessels. This distribution is in accordance with the assumed site of action for the salt and water regulatory function of PGE2. ..
- Hedstrom S, Hybbinette C. Nephrotoxicity in isoxazolylpenicillin prophylaxis in hip surgery. Acta Orthop Scand. 1988;59:144-7 pubmed..In the dicloxacillin group, preoperative use of antiphlogistic drugs was correlated with reduced postoperative renal function. ..
- Akerman G, Amcoff P, Tjärnlund U, Fogelberg K, Torrissen O, Balk L. Paraquat and menadione exposure of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)--studies of effects on the pentose-phosphate shunt and thiamine levels in liver and kidney. Chem Biol Interact. 2003;142:269-83 pubmed..e., the rate-limiting enzyme in the oxidative part of the pentose-phosphate shunt. Despite this paraquat exposure did not affect transketolase activity and total thiamine concentration. ..
- Havarinasab S, Häggqvist B, Bjorn E, Pollard K, Hultman P. Immunosuppressive and autoimmune effects of thimerosal in mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2005;204:109-21 pubmed
- Li J, Galvis M, Gong F, Zhang X, Zcharia E, Metzger S, et al. In vivo fragmentation of heparan sulfate by heparanase overexpression renders mice resistant to amyloid protein A amyloidosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:6473-7 pubmed..Our findings provide direct in vivo evidence that heparan sulfate is essential for the development of amyloid disease. ..
- Färbom P, Wahlstrand B, Almgren P, Skrtic S, Lanke J, Weiss L, et al. Interaction between renal function and microalbuminuria for cardiovascular risk in hypertension: the nordic diltiazem study. Hypertension. 2008;52:115-22 pubmed publisher..Because estimation of the total cardiovascular risk is essential for the aggressiveness of risk factor interventions, simultaneous inclusion of GFR and microalbuminuria in global cardiovascular risk assessment is essential. ..
- Vujic M, Heyer C, Ars E, Hopp K, Markoff A, Orndal C, et al. Incompletely penetrant PKD1 alleles mimic the renal manifestations of ARPKD. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010;21:1097-102 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the phenotypic overlap between ARPKD and these patients resulting from incomplete penetrant PKD1 alleles support a common pathogenesis for these diseases. ..
- Svensson M, Cederholm J, Eliasson B, Zethelius B, Gudbjornsdottir S. Albuminuria and renal function as predictors of cardiovascular events and mortality in a general population of patients with type 2 diabetes: a nationwide observational study from the Swedish National Diabetes Register. Diab Vasc Dis Res. 2013;10:520-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, we evaluated the role of co-existing congestive heart failure (CHF) and other CV risk factors on CV events in a large observational population-based cohort of T2D patients...
- Lincoff A, Tardif J, Schwartz G, Nicholls S, Ryden L, Neal B, et al. Effect of aleglitazar on cardiovascular outcomes after acute coronary syndrome in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: the AleCardio randomized clinical trial. JAMA. 2014;311:1515-25 pubmed publisher..These findings do not support the use of aleglitazar in this setting with a goal of reducing cardiovascular risk. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT01042769. ..
- Haag L, Garoff H, Xing L, Hammar L, Kan S, Cheng R. Acid-induced movements in the glycoprotein shell of an alphavirus turn the spikes into membrane fusion mode. EMBO J. 2002;21:4402-10 pubmed..The alterations observed help to explain several key features of the spike-mediated membrane fusion reaction, including shell dissolution, heterodimer dissociation, fusion peptide exposure and E1 homotrimerization. ..
- Ledin J, Staatz W, Li J, Götte M, Selleck S, Kjellen L, et al. Heparan sulfate structure in mice with genetically modified heparan sulfate production. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:42732-41 pubmed..4) NDST-2, although generally expressed, does not contribute significantly to tissue-specific HS structures. 5) No change in HS structure could be detected in syndecan-1-deficient mice. ..
- Xu N, Nilsson Ehle P, Hurtig M, Ahren B. Both leptin and leptin-receptor are essential for apolipoprotein M expression in vivo. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;321:916-21 pubmed..We conclude that both leptin and leptin-receptor are essential for the apoM expression, indicating that leptin is physiologically regulating apoM synthesis in vivo. ..
- Fan Y, Liu Z, Zhao S, Lou F, Nilsson S, Ekman P, et al. Nucleostemin mRNA is expressed in both normal and malignant renal tissues. Br J Cancer. 2006;94:1658-62 pubmed..Collectively, NS expression widely occurs in normal and malignant renal tissues, and is likely a proliferation marker rather than a unique regulator of cell proliferation and survival in stem and cancer cells. ..
- Nordberg G, Jin T, Wu X, Lu J, Chen L, Liang Y, et al. Kidney dysfunction and cadmium exposure--factors influencing dose-response relationships. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2012;26:197-200 pubmed publisher..The two last points further support a role in humans of MT as a protective protein against tissue damage from cadmium and gives support to previous ideas developed partly in experimental systems...
- Ohrvik H, Oskarsson A, Lundh T, Skerfving S, Tallkvist J. Impact of iron status on cadmium uptake in suckling piglets. Toxicology. 2007;240:15-24 pubmed..Our results suggest that there are developmental differences in the handling of both iron and cadmium in newborns as compared to adults. ..
- Jonsson P, Graffmo K, Andersen P, Marklund S, Brannstrom T. Superoxide dismutase in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients homozygous for the D90A mutation. Neurobiol Dis. 2009;36:421-4 pubmed publisher..The similarity to wild-type SOD1 prompts speculations on the involvement of the latter in sporadic ALS. ..
- Modig S, Lannering C, Ostgren C, Molstad S, Midlöv P. The assessment of renal function in relation to the use of drugs in elderly in nursing homes; a cohort study. BMC Geriatr. 2011;11:1 pubmed publisher..GFR has to be estimated before prescribing renal risk drugs, but using different estimates may give divergence in the results. ..
- Rudling M, Collins V. Low density lipoprotein receptor and 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase mRNA levels are coordinately reduced in human renal cell carcinoma. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1299:75-9 pubmed..The data indicate that the accumulation of cholesterol in RCC may not be due to increased LDL receptor expression or de novo synthesis of cholesterol. ..
- Ernstsson S, Pierrou S, Hulander M, Cederberg A, Hellqvist M, Carlsson P, et al. Characterization of the human forkhead gene FREAC-4. Evidence for regulation by Wilms' tumor suppressor gene (WT-1) and p53. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:21094-9 pubmed..A 5'-promoter deletion series delimits a DNA fragment necessary for WT-1 inducibility in cotransfection experiments. This fragment is shown to contain at least one cis-element that is capable of interacting with recombinant WT-1. ..
- Durbeej M, Fecker L, Hjalt T, Zhang H, Salmivirta K, Klein G, et al. Expression of laminin alpha 1, alpha 5 and beta 2 chains during embryogenesis of the kidney and vasculature. Matrix Biol. 1996;15:397-413 pubmed..There also appeared to be a developmental trend, with alpha 1 chain appearing early and alpha 5 later, in maturing epithelial sheets. The alpha 5 chain could be a major alpha chain of the adult glomerular basement membrane. ..
- Gjertsson I, Hultgren O, Collins L, Pettersson S, Tarkowski A. Impact of transcription factors AP-1 and NF-kappaB on the outcome of experimental Staphylococcus aureus arthritis and sepsis. Microbes Infect. 2001;3:527-34 pubmed..We suggest that interaction with transcription factors leads to increased bacterial burden in vivo, abrogating the potential benefits of the anti-inflammatory properties exerted by these compounds. ..
- Olsson I, Jonsson S, Oskarsson A. Cadmium and zinc in kidney, liver, muscle and mammary tissue from dairy cows in conventional and organic farming. J Environ Monit. 2001;3:531-8 pubmed..The change of significant relationships when older animals were included shows the importance of controlled conditions for environmental monitoring. ..
- Lindhe O, Brandt I, Christiansen J, Ingebrigtsen K. Irreversible binding of o,p'-DDD in interrenal cells of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua). Chemosphere. 2003;50:1249-53 pubmed..The results provide evidence for a site-specific metabolic activation and irreversible binding of o,p(')-DDD in the interrenal cells, which, in turn, may modify glucocorticoid homeostasis...
- Swärd K, Valsson F, Sellgren J, Ricksten S. Differential effects of human atrial natriuretic peptide and furosemide on glomerular filtration rate and renal oxygen consumption in humans. Intensive Care Med. 2005;31:79-85 pubmed..In contrast, furosemide decreases tubular sodium reabsorption and renal oxygen consumption and thus has the potential to improve the oxygen supply/demand relationship in clinical ischemic acute renal failure. ..
- Guron G, Mölne J, Swerkersson S, Friberg P, Hansson S. A 14-year-old girl with renal abnormalities after brief intrauterine exposure to enalapril during late gestation. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2006;21:522-5 pubmed
- Svensson J, Tivesten A, Sjögren K, Isaksson O, Bergstrom G, Mohan S, et al. Liver-derived IGF-I regulates kidney size, sodium reabsorption, and renal IGF-II expression. J Endocrinol. 2007;193:359-66 pubmed..However, the LI-IGF-I(-/-) mice did not develop kidney failure or nephrosclerosis. One may speculate that liver-derived endocrine IGF-I induces renal IGF-II expression, resulting in symmetrical renal growth. ..
- Holmstrom K, Berger U. Tissue distribution of perfluorinated surfactants in common guillemot (Uria aalge) from the Baltic Sea. Environ Sci Technol. 2008;42:5879-84 pubmed..The ratio of levels in egg/female liver, indicating mother-to-egg transfer capacity, increased with increasing PFAS chain length. PFOS showed a higher tendency for transfer than carboxylates of carbon chain lengths C9-C13. ..
- Cederberg H, Henriksson J, Binderup M. DNA damage detected by the alkaline comet assay in the liver of mice after oral administration of tetrachloroethylene. Mutagenesis. 2010;25:133-8 pubmed publisher..An alternative interpretation of the results conveyed by the Study director at the test facility, involving that tetrachloroethylene did not induce DNA damage in the liver and kidney of mice, is also presented and discussed. ..
- Falkevall A, Mehlem A, Palombo I, Heller Sahlgren B, Ebarasi L, He L, et al. Reducing VEGF-B Signaling Ameliorates Renal Lipotoxicity and Protects against Diabetic Kidney Disease. Cell Metab. 2017;25:713-726 pubmed publisher..Further, we show that elevated VEGF-B levels are found in patients with DKD, suggesting that VEGF-B antagonism represents a novel approach to treat DKD. ..
- Zaphiropoulos P. cDNA cloning and regulation of a novel rat cytochrome P450 of the 2C gene subfamily (P450IIC24). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;180:645-51 pubmed..Interestingly, although livers of mature rats of both sexes have comparable amounts of P4502C24 mRNA, a dramatic sex difference is seen in the kidney where only males express detectable levels of this mRNA. ..
- Abedi Valugerdi M, Nilsson C, Zargari A, Gharibdoost F, DePierre J, Hassan M. Bacterial lipopolysaccharide both renders resistant mice susceptible to mercury-induced autoimmunity and exacerbates such autoimmunity in susceptible mice. Clin Exp Immunol. 2005;141:238-47 pubmed..In summary, our findings indicate that activation of the innate immune system plays a key role in both the induction and severity of chemically induced autoimmunity. ..
- Geetha D, Hruskova Z, Segelmark M, Hogan J, Morgan M, Cavero T, et al. Rituximab for treatment of severe renal disease in ANCA associated vasculitis. J Nephrol. 2016;29:195-201 pubmed publisher..No differences in remission, renal recovery ESRD or death were observed. This study of AAV patients with severe renal disease demonstrates that the outcomes appear equivalent when treated with RTX and GC with or without concomitant CYC. ..
- Chen Y, Lasaitiene D, Gabrielsson B, Carlsson L, Billig H, Carlsson B, et al. Neonatal losartan treatment suppresses renal expression of molecules involved in cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2004;15:1232-43 pubmed..Moreover, regulation of the expression of leukocyte type 12-lipoxygenase and alpha-smooth muscle actin by the renin-angiotensin system in the immature kidney adds new knowledge toward the understanding of renal vascular development. ..
- Samuelsson A, Alexanderson C, Mölne J, Haraldsson B, Hansell P, Holmang A. Prenatal exposure to interleukin-6 results in hypertension and alterations in the renin-angiotensin system of the rat. J Physiol. 2006;575:855-67 pubmed..Prenatal IL-6 exposure may cause hypertension by altering the renal and circulatory RAS and renal fluid and electrolyte excretion, especially in females. ..
- Nyström J, Hultenby K, Ek S, Sjölund J, Axelson H, Jirstrom K, et al. CRIM1 is localized to the podocyte filtration slit diaphragm of the adult human kidney. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2009;24:2038-44 pubmed publisher..CRIM1 is a protein that should be added to the list of proteins associated with the podocyte filtration SD and with the probable action of modulating BMP and VEGFA signalling. ..
- Hansson S, Dhamey M, Sigström O, Sixt R, Stokland E, Wennerström M, et al. Dimercapto-succinic acid scintigraphy instead of voiding cystourethrography for infants with urinary tract infection. J Urol. 2004;172:1071-3; discussion 1073-4 pubmed..A strategy to perform VCU in only patients with renal lesions is proposed. In this study 147 of 303 VCUs would have been unnecessary as only 1 child with a damaged kidney was missed. ..
- Helander B, Axelsson J, Borg H, Holm K, Bignert A. Ingestion of lead from ammunition and lead concentrations in white-tailed sea eagles (Haliaeetus albicilla) in Sweden. Sci Total Environ. 2009;407:5555-63 pubmed publisher..The removal of offal from shot game and alternatives to leaded ammunition needs to be implemented in order to prevent mortality from lead in raptors and scavengers...
- Damman K, Kjekshus J, Wikstrand J, Cleland J, Komajda M, Wedel H, et al. Loop diuretics, renal function and clinical outcome in patients with heart failure and reduced ejection fraction. Eur J Heart Fail. 2016;18:328-36 pubmed publisher..Loop diuretic dose was associated with higher risks of (CV) mortality and predominantly hospitalization owing to HF, which appeared to be higher among those receiving higher daily doses. ..
- Li J, Gong F, Hagner McWhirter A, Forsberg E, Abrink M, Kisilevsky R, et al. Targeted disruption of a murine glucuronyl C5-epimerase gene results in heparan sulfate lacking L-iduronic acid and in neonatal lethality. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28363-6 pubmed..By contrast, major early developmental events known to critically depend on heparan sulfate apparently proceed normally even in the absence of IdoA. ..
- Olsson P, Berg A, Von Hofsten J, Grahn B, Hellqvist A, Larsson A, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a nuclear androgen receptor activated by 11-ketotestosterone. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2005;3:37 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate the presence of a receptor preferentially activated by 11-ketotestosterone in the three-spined stickleback, so far the only one known in any animal...
- Nitescu N, Grimberg E, Guron G. Urotensin-II receptor antagonism does not improve renal haemodynamics or function in rats with endotoxin-induced acute kidney injury. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2010;37:1170-5 pubmed publisher..4. These findings show that U-II, through the UT receptor, does not contribute to abnormalities in renal haemodynamics and function in endotoxaemic rats. ..
- Li D, Scott L, Crambert S, Zelenin S, Eklöf A, Di Ciano L, et al. Binding of losartan to angiotensin AT1 receptors increases dopamine D1 receptor activation. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2012;23:421-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data imply that losartan might exert its antihypertensive effect both by inhibiting AT1R signaling and by enhancing D1R signaling. ..
- Rozell B, Hansson H, Guthenberg C, Tahir M, Mannervik B. Glutathione transferases of classes alpha, mu and pi show selective expression in different regions of rat kidney. Xenobiotica. 1993;23:835-49 pubmed..7. The panel of antibodies to GST may tentatively be used as markers in localizing lesions in restricted parts of the nephrons and to elucidate dynamic alterations in the tubular system in response to physiological and toxic agents. ..
- Ericsson J, Runquist M, Thelin A, Andersson M, Chojnacki T, Dallner G. Distribution of prenyltransferases in rat tissues. Evidence for a cytosolic all-trans-geranylgeranyl diphosphate synthase. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:832-8 pubmed
- Lasaitiene D, Chen Y, Adams M, Friberg P. Further insights into the role of angiotensin II in kidney development. Clin Physiol Funct Imaging. 2006;26:197-204 pubmed..In addition, the investigations linking the perinatal development of RAS inhibition-induced renal dysmorphology and establishment of adult blood pressure are discussed. ..
- Bergman A, Bergstrand A, Bignert A. Renal lesions in Baltic grey seals (Halichoerus grypus) and ringed seals (Phoca hispida botnica). Ambio. 2001;30:397-409 pubmed..None of the reference seals showed the specific lesions described above. The authors propose that organochlorine pollution of the Baltic environment is a factor in the cause of these kidney changes. ..
- Björses K, Holst J. Topical haemostatics in renal trauma--an evaluation of four different substances in an experimental setting. J Trauma. 2009;66:602-11 pubmed publisher..Gelatin-containing products provided a fast hemostasis in this experimental model. One third of the animals rebled, regardless of whether thrombin or rFVIIa was added. Further studies are demanded to confirm these results clinically. ..
- Strandberg L, Verdrengh M, Enge M, Andersson N, Amu S, Onnheim K, et al. Mice chronically fed high-fat diet have increased mortality and disturbed immune response in sepsis. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7605 pubmed publisher..Our findings imply that chronic HFD disturb several innate immune functions in mice, and impairs the ability to clear S. aureus and survive sepsis. ..
- Ruetschi U, Rymo L, Lindstedt S. Human 4-hydroxyphenylpyruvate dioxygenase gene (HPD). Genomics. 1997;44:292-9 pubmed..The highest level of expression of 4-hydroxyphenylpyruvate dioxygenase was found in human liver tissue as demonstrated by Northern blot analysis. ..
- Postlind H, Axen E, Bergman T, Wikvall K. Cloning, structure, and expression of a cDNA encoding vitamin D3 25-hydroxylase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;241:491-7 pubmed..Northern blot analysis showed that the mRNA for vitamin D3 25-hydroxylase is found in liver and kidney. ..
- Kloberg A, Fritsche R. Catecholamines are present in larval Xenopus laevis: a potential source for cardiac control. J Exp Zool. 2002;292:293-303 pubmed..Therefore, catecholamine-producing cells outside the heart can be an important source of circulating catecholamines involved in adrenergic cardiac control in Xenopus larvae. ..
- Haitina T, Klovins J, Andersson J, Fredriksson R, Lagerström M, Larhammar D, et al. Cloning, tissue distribution, pharmacology and three-dimensional modelling of melanocortin receptors 4 and 5 in rainbow trout suggest close evolutionary relationship of these subtypes. Biochem J. 2004;380:475-86 pubmed
- Raschperger E, Thyberg J, Pettersson S, Philipson L, Fuxe J, Pettersson R. The coxsackie- and adenovirus receptor (CAR) is an in vivo marker for epithelial tight junctions, with a potential role in regulating permeability and tissue homeostasis. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:1566-80 pubmed..We conclude that CAR is localized to epithelial tight junctions in vivo where it may play a role in the regulation of epithelial permeability and tissue homeostasis. ..
- Carlsson P, Jansson L, Andersson A, Källskog O. Capillary blood pressure in syngeneic rat islets transplanted under the renal capsule is similar to that of the implantation organ. Diabetes. 1998;47:1586-93 pubmed..We concluded that the capillary blood pressure in islets implanted under the renal capsule was similar to that of the implantation organ, which was three to four times higher than that normally found in native islets. ..
- Göransson V, Johnsson C, Jacobson A, Heldin P, Hällgren R, Hansell P. Renal hyaluronan accumulation and hyaluronan synthase expression after ischaemia-reperfusion injury in the rat. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2004;19:823-30 pubmed..The water binding and pro-inflammatory properties of HA may contribute to renal dysfunction after IR. ..
- Betsholtz C. Insight into the physiological functions of PDGF through genetic studies in mice. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2004;15:215-28 pubmed..The present review summarizes these findings and discusses their implications for mammalian development and disease. ..
- Stridh S, Palm F, Hansell P. Renal interstitial hyaluronan: functional aspects during normal and pathological conditions. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012;302:R1235-49 pubmed publisher..Changes in hyaluronan synthases, hyaluronidases, and binding receptor expression are discussed in parallel. ..
- Königsson M, Ballagi A, Jansson E, Johansson K. Detection of Renibacterium salmoninarum in tissue samples by sequence capture and fluorescent PCR based on the 16S rRNA gene. Vet Microbiol. 2005;105:235-43 pubmed..Furthermore, the use of the mimic molecule in the system assured that false negative results could be identified. ..
- Rosenberg P, Esni F, Sjodin A, Larue L, Carlsson L, Gullberg D, et al. A potential role of R-cadherin in striated muscle formation. Dev Biol. 1997;187:55-70 pubmed
- Araya Z, Hosseinpour F, Bodin K, Wikvall K. Metabolism of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 by microsomal and mitochondrial vitamin D3 25-hydroxylases (CYP2D25 and CYP27A1): a novel reaction by CYP27A1. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1632:40-7 pubmed..It can be concluded that both CYP27A1 and CYP2D25 are able to carry out multiple hydroxylations of 25-hydroxyvitamin D(3). ..
- Ahren B. GLP-1 and extra-islet effects. Horm Metab Res. 2004;36:842-5 pubmed..The physiological relevance of these actions and their contribution to the overall antidiabetic action of GLP-1 when used in treatment of type 2 diabetes remains to be established. ..
- Geng Y, Almqvist M, Hansson G. cDNA cloning and expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase from rat vascular smooth muscle cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1994;1218:421-4 pubmed..This is supported by the short half-life (2.6 h) of smooth muscle NO synthase mRNA, which contrasts with brain and endothelial NO synthase. ..
- Olsson M, Ekblom M, Fecker L, Kurkinen M, Ekblom P. cDNA cloning and embryonic expression of mouse nuclear pore membrane glycoprotein 210 mRNA. Kidney Int. 1999;56:827-38 pubmed..Weak expression was seen in the heart. mPOM210 mRNA is an early marker for developing epithelial cells. Furthermore, our results suggest that nuclear pore membrane proteins could be more cell-type specific than previously anticipated. ..
- Nalvarte I, Damdimopoulos A, Nystöm C, Nordman T, Miranda Vizuete A, Olsson J, et al. Overexpression of enzymatically active human cytosolic and mitochondrial thioredoxin reductase in HEK-293 cells. Effect on cell growth and differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:54510-7 pubmed..Most surprisingly, the TrxR1- or TrxR2-overexpressing cells also induced novel expression of the epithelial markers CK18, CK-Cam5.2, and BerEP4, suggestive of a stimulation of cellular differentiation. ..
- Strid T, Soderstrom M, Hammarstrom S. Leukotriene C4 synthase promoter driven expression of GFP reveals cell specificity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;366:80-5 pubmed..In contrast dimethyl sulfoxide did not affect promoter activity. ..
- Huang L, Borniquel S, Lundberg J. Enhanced xanthine oxidoreductase expression and tissue nitrate reduction in germ free mice. Nitric Oxide. 2010;22:191-5 pubmed publisher..Future studies will reveal if this represents a compensatory functional response to uphold nitrite homeostasis in the absence of commensal bacteria. ..
- Henningsson L, Jirholt P, Lindholm C, Eneljung T, Silverpil E, Iwakura Y, et al. Interleukin-17A during local and systemic Staphylococcus aureus-induced arthritis in mice. Infect Immun. 2010;78:3783-90 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these findings, we suggest that IL-17A is more important in local host defense than in systemic host defense against S. aureus-induced arthritis. ..
- Karlstrom G, Bergstrom G, Folkow B, Rudenstam J, Göthberg G. Is the humoral renal antihypertensive activity of the spontaneously hypertensive rat (SHR) reset to the high blood pressure?. Acta Physiol Scand. 1991;141:517-30 pubmed
- Odh G, Hindemith A, Rosengren A, Rosengren E, Rorsman H. Isolation of a new tautomerase monitored by the conversion of D-dopachrome to 5,6-dihydroxyindole. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;197:619-24 pubmed..The molecular weight of D-dopachrome tautomerase monomer was approximately 12 kD and its N-terminal amino acid sequence was P-F-V-E-L-E-T-N-L-P-A-. The Km for D-dopachrome was 1.5 mM and Vmax 0.5 mmol per min and mg protein. ..
- Lindblom A, Quadt N, Marsh T, Aeschlimann D, Morgelin M, Mann K, et al. The intrinsic factor-vitamin B12 receptor, cubilin, is assembled into trimers via a coiled-coil alpha-helix. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:6374-80 pubmed..We therefore conclude that cubilin forms a noncovalent trimer of identical subunits connected by an N-terminal coiled-coil alpha-helix. ..
- Ueno T, Linder S, Na C, Rice W, Johansson J, Weaver T. Processing of pulmonary surfactant protein B by napsin and cathepsin H. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:16178-84 pubmed..These results suggest that napsin, cathepsin H, and at least one other enzyme are involved in maturation of the biologically active SP-B peptide. ..
- Larsson T, Marsell R, Schipani E, Ohlsson C, Ljunggren O, Tenenhouse H, et al. Transgenic mice expressing fibroblast growth factor 23 under the control of the alpha1(I) collagen promoter exhibit growth retardation, osteomalacia, and disturbed phosphate homeostasis. Endocrinology. 2004;145:3087-94 pubmed..The data indicate that FGF-23 induces phenotypic changes in mice resembling those of patients with ADHR, OOM, and XLH and that FGF-23 is an important determinant of Pi homeostasis and bone mineralization. ..
- Yang Y, Eggertsen G, Gafvels M, Andersson U, Einarsson C, Bjorkhem I, et al. Mechanisms of cholesterol and sterol regulatory element binding protein regulation of the sterol 12alpha-hydroxylase gene (CYP8B1). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;320:1204-10 pubmed..Cholesterol loading reduces SREBP-1 mRNA expression in addition to reducing functional SREBP-1 protein, and results in decreasing CYP8B1 gene transcription. ..
- Marschall H, Wagner M, Bodin K, Zollner G, Fickert P, Gumhold J, et al. Fxr(-/-) mice adapt to biliary obstruction by enhanced phase I detoxification and renal elimination of bile acids. J Lipid Res. 2006;47:582-92 pubmed..In conclusion, Fxr(-/-) mice detoxify accumulating bile acids in the liver by enhanced hydroxylation reactions probably catalyzed by Cyp3a11. The metabolites formed were excreted into urine, most likely with the participation of Mrp4. ..
- Ruusala A, Aspenstrom P. The atypical Rho GTPase Wrch1 collaborates with the nonreceptor tyrosine kinases Pyk2 and Src in regulating cytoskeletal dynamics. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:1802-14 pubmed..We propose a model in which Pyk2 and Src function to coordinate the Wrch1-dependent effects on cytoskeletal dynamics. ..
- Nilsson S, Christensen S, Raarup M, Ryan R, Nielsen M, Olivecrona G. Endocytosis of apolipoprotein A-V by members of the low density lipoprotein receptor and the VPS10p domain receptor families. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:25920-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that apoA-V binds to receptors possessing LDL-A repeats and Vsp10p domains and that apoA-V is internalized into cells via these receptors. This could be a mechanism by which apoA-V modulates lipoprotein metabolism in vivo. ..
- Seldén A, Lundholm C, Edlund B, Högdahl C, Ek B, Bergström B, et al. Nephrotoxicity of uranium in drinking water from private drilled wells. Environ Res. 2009;109:486-94 pubmed publisher..To investigate the association between uranium in drinking water from drilled wells and aspects of kidney function measured by sensitive urine tests...
- Gjertsson I, Jonsson I, Peschel A, Tarkowski A, Lindholm C. Formylated peptides are important virulence factors in Staphylococcus aureus arthritis in mice. J Infect Dis. 2012;205:305-11 pubmed publisher..Our data show that formylated peptides function as important virulence factors in S. aureus arthritis, partly by mediating neutrophil recruitment, which contributes substantially to the joint damage. ..
- Hoffmann E, Walstad A, Karlsson J, Olsson P, Borg B. Androgen receptor-beta mRNA levels in different tissues in breeding and post-breeding male and female sticklebacks, Gasterosteus aculeatus. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2012;10:23 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that changes in AR-beta mRNA levels play no or little role in changes in androgen dependent traits in the male stickleback. ..
- Boijsen M, Jacobsson L, Tylen U. Glomerular filtration rate estimated from a single plasma sample after contrast-enhanced radiological examinations. Clin Physiol. 1988;8:309-16 pubmed..A good correlation, ranging from 0.91 and 0.94, was found. We therefore conclude that kidney function can be estimated from a single plasma sample after contrast-enhanced radiological examinations...
- Gullberg D, Ekblom P. Extracellular matrix and its receptors during development. Int J Dev Biol. 1995;39:845-54 pubmed..It will be an interesting task to study the signal transduction pathways elicited by the interactions between ECM and the two receptor systems during muscle and epithelial morphogenesis. ..