Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on kidney diseases in Germany
Topic: kidney diseases
- Götzberger M, Kaiser C, Landauer N, Dieterle C, Heldwein W, Schiemann U. Intrarenal resistance index for the assessment of early renal function impairment in patients with liver cirrhosis. Eur J Med Res. 2008;13:383-7 pubmed..The diagnosis of elevated RI may be taken into account in the clinical management of these patients. ..
- Ibbeken C, Becker J, Baumgärtel M. [Renal side effects of long-term lithium therapy]. Dtsch Med Wochenschr. 2012;137:143-8 pubmed publisher..Patients with decreased renal function should be referred to a specialist early. ..
- Anders H. Four danger response programs determine glomerular and tubulointerstitial kidney pathology: clotting, inflammation, epithelial and mesenchymal healing. Organogenesis. 2012;8:29-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, renal pathology results from ancient danger responses that evolved because of their evolutional benefits upon trauma. Understanding these causalities may help to shape the search for novel treatments for kidney disease patients. ..
- Krause A, Weihrauch M, Bode U, Fleischhack G, Elter T, Heuer T, et al. Carboxypeptidase-G2 rescue in cancer patients with delayed methotrexate elimination after high-dose methotrexate therapy. Leuk Lymphoma. 2002;43:2139-43 pubmed..CPDG2 provides an alternative route of MTX elimination by converting it to inactive and non-toxic metabolites. CPDG2 rescue was well tolerated, safe and very effective in preventing severe or life-threatening MTX toxicity. ..
- Zeier M, Perz J, Linke R, Donini U, Waldherr R, Andrassy K, et al. No regression of renal AL amyloid in monoclonal gammopathy after successful autologous blood stem cell transplantation and significant clinical improvement. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2003;18:2644-7 pubmed..Despite complete remission of the plasma cell dyscrasia and improvement of glomerular permeability, the amount of glomerular amyloid mass did not regress. ..
- Donauer J, Rumberger B, Klein M, Faller D, Wilpert J, Sparna T, et al. Expression profiling on chronically rejected transplant kidneys. Transplantation. 2003;76:539-47 pubmed..Microarray analysis of rejected kidneys may help to define different entities of transplant nephropathy, reflecting the multifactorial cause of chronic rejection. ..
- Weber F, Freudinger R, Schwerdt G, Gekle M. A rapid screening method to test apoptotic synergisms of ochratoxin A with other nephrotoxic substances. Toxicol In Vitro. 2005;19:135-43 pubmed..A "harmless" substance can thus convert to a potent cell toxic substance when combined with OTA or vice versa. The underlying mechanisms of the synergistic effects remain unknown. ..
- Werner C, Pöss J, Bohm M. Optimal antagonism of the Renin-Angiotensin-aldosterone system: do we need dual or triple therapy?. Drugs. 2010;70:1215-30 pubmed publisher..Finally, novel pharmacological agents such as the direct renin inhibitor aliskiren may provide additional therapeutic tools, but their role has yet to be established. ..
- Mahler N, Freyer M, Kauschke R, Schlüter T, Steinbach A, Oswald S, et al. Kidney-specific deletion of multidrug resistance-related protein 2 does not aggravate acute cyclosporine A nephrotoxicity in rats. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2012;22:408-20 pubmed publisher..Mrp2 is not critical for renal CsA disposition and its deficiency does not enhance acute CsA nephrotoxicity. The high Mdr1 abundance may at least in part prevent exaggerated CsA accumulation in Mrp2?/? kidneys. ..
- Jelkmann W. Biosimilar epoetins and other "follow-on" biologics: update on the European experiences. Am J Hematol. 2010;85:771-80 pubmed publisher..Only on proof of quality, efficacy and safety, biosimilars are a viable option because of their lower costs. ..
- Weide T, Huber T. Implications of autophagy for glomerular aging and disease. Cell Tissue Res. 2011;343:467-73 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on recent findings that identify autophagy as a critical homeostatic and quality control mechanism maintaining glomerular homeostasis. ..
- Vogelbacher R, Wittmann S, Braun A, Daniel C, Hugo C. The mTOR inhibitor everolimus induces proteinuria and renal deterioration in the remnant kidney model in the rat. Transplantation. 2007;84:1492-9 pubmed..This study demonstrates potential mechanisms of mTOR inhibitor induced renal deterioration and proteinuria in the low nephron number remnant kidney model. ..
- Klaassen I, Neuhaus T, Mueller Wiefel D, Kemper M. Antenatal oligohydramnios of renal origin: long-term outcome. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2007;22:432-9 pubmed..The high incidence of neonatal complications and long-term morbidity due to CKD requires a multidisciplinary management of these children. ..
- Bogdanova N, Markoff A, Horst J. Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease - clinical and genetic aspects. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2002;25:265-83 pubmed..This review will retrace the current knowledge about the epidemiology, pathogenesis, genetics, genetic and clinical heterogeneity, diagnostics and treatment of ADPKD. ..
- Schermer B, Bartels V, Frommolt P, Habermann B, Braun F, Schultze J, et al. Transcriptional profiling reveals progeroid Ercc1(-/?) mice as a model system for glomerular aging. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:559 pubmed publisher..At the level of the transcriptome, the pattern of gene activities is similar in the progeroid Ercc1(-/?) mouse model constituting a valuable tool for future studies of aging-associated glomerular pathologies. ..
- Thumfart J, Muller D, Rudolph B, Zimmering M, Querfeld U, Haffner D. Isolated sarcoid granulomatous interstitial nephritis responding to infliximab therapy. Am J Kidney Dis. 2005;45:411-4 pubmed..In addition, antihypertensive medication could be reduced, and low-dose prednisone therapy was maintained. To our knowledge, this is the first report of successful treatment with infliximab of a patient with sarcoid GIN...
- Muller K, Göbel T, Muller S, Hermanns W, Brunnberg L. Use of endoscopy and renal biopsy for the diagnosis of kidney disease in free-living birds of prey and owls. Vet Rec. 2004;155:326-9 pubmed..7 per cent air sac tissue; 113 of the 126 samples could be evaluated histologically...
- Niemann Masanek U, Mueller A, Yard B, Waldherr R, van der Woude F. B7-1 (CD80) and B7-2 (CD 86) expression in human tubular epithelial cells in vivo and in vitro. Nephron. 2002;92:542-56 pubmed..After B7-1 and B7-2 induction, PTEC costimulate CD28 on T lymphocytes resulting in cytokine production. This might be of relevance in allograft rejection and in various kidney diseases. ..
- Floege J, Eitner F, Alpers C. A new look at platelet-derived growth factor in renal disease. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008;19:12-23 pubmed..Accordingly, targeted intervention against the various PDGF isoforms offers a promising novel therapeutic approach to renal disease. ..
- Koziolek M, Schmid H, Cohen C, Blaschke S, Hemmerlein B, Zapf A, et al. Potential role of fractalkine receptor expression in human renal fibrogenesis. Kidney Int. 2007;72:599-607 pubmed..Our studies indicate that renal fibrosis is associated with the expression of CX(3)C receptors on human renal fibroblasts. The expression is induced by reactive oxygen species suggesting a role of oxidative stress. ..
- Frey S, Nagl B, Henze A, Raila J, Schlosser B, Berg T, et al. Isoforms of retinol binding protein 4 (RBP4) are increased in chronic diseases of the kidney but not of the liver. Lipids Health Dis. 2008;7:29 pubmed publisher..The occurrence of RBP4 isoforms is not influenced by liver function but seems to be strongly related to kidney function and may therefore be important in investigating kidney function and related disorders. ..
- Popov A, Schulz E, Hinz J, Schmitto J, Seipelt R, Koziolek M, et al. Impact of endothelin-1 Lys198Asn polymorphism on coronary artery disease and endorgan damage in hypertensives. Coron Artery Dis. 2008;19:429-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, the polymorphism at position 198 could serve as a possibility to differentiate high-risk subgroups in the heterogeneous population of hypertensive patients. ..
- Doller A, Akool E, Müller R, Gutwein P, Kurowski C, Pfeilschifter J, et al. Molecular mechanisms of cyclosporin A inhibition of the cytokine-induced matrix metalloproteinase-9 in glomerular mesangial cells. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007;18:581-92 pubmed..Interference with MMP-9 transcription may account for the accumulation of extracellular matrix underlying the high fibrotic potential of CsA during anti-inflammatory therapies with calcineurin inhibitors. ..
- Dettmeyer R, Schlamann M, Madea B. Cocaine-associated abscesses with lethal sepsis after splenic infarction in an 17-year-old woman. Forensic Sci Int. 2004;140:21-3 pubmed..Petechial bleedings were found and microabscesses in the myocardium, the meninges and the kidneys. The absolutely rare bacterial infection of the cocaine-associated splenic infarction leads to sepsis with lethal course. ..
- Kuhn U, Lupp A, Kostka E, Kuhl A, Balogh A, Stein G, et al. Is there a beneficial effect of the calcium channel blocker diltiazem on cyclosporine A nephrotoxicity in rats?. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 1998;50:484-90 pubmed..In general no significant differences were to be observed concerning lipid peroxidation and stimulated H2O2 formation. Altogether evident protective effects of diltiazem on CsA nephrotoxicity in rats could not be proven...
- Kramer S, Loof T, Martini S, Ruckert M, Wang Y, Bohler T, et al. Mycophenolate mofetil slows progression in anti-thy1-induced chronic renal fibrosis but is not additive to a high dose of enalapril. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2005;289:F359-68 pubmed..The dual anti-inflammatory/anti-fibrotic intervention does not yield additive renoprotective effects, indicating that MMF and enalapril interfere with similar or very closely related pathways involved in progression of renal disease. ..
- Di Marco G, Reuter S, Hillebrand U, Amler S, König M, Larger E, et al. The soluble VEGF receptor sFlt1 contributes to endothelial dysfunction in CKD. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;20:2235-45 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that excess sFlt-1 associates with endothelial dysfunction in CKD and suggest that increased sFlt-1 may predict cardiovascular risk in CKD. ..
- Mothes H, Heidet L, Arrondel C, Richter K, Thiele M, Patzer L, et al. Alport syndrome associated with diffuse leiomyomatosis: COL4A5-COL4A6 deletion associated with a mild form of Alport nephropathy. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2002;17:70-4 pubmed..This report shows that, contrary to what has been reported to date, patients suffering from AS associated with DL can be associated with a late onset renal failure (adult) form of nephropathy. ..
- Guo J, Menke A, Gubler M, Clarke A, Harrison D, Hammes A, et al. WT1 is a key regulator of podocyte function: reduced expression levels cause crescentic glomerulonephritis and mesangial sclerosis. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:651-9 pubmed
- Sarshar S, Brandt S, Asadi Karam M, Habibi M, Bouzari S, Lechtenberg M, et al. Aqueous extract from Orthosiphon stamineus leaves prevents bladder and kidney infection in mice. Phytomedicine. 2017;28:1-9 pubmed publisher..OWE inhibited in a concentration-dependent manner bacterial quorum sensing. OWE is assessed as a strong antiadhesive plant extract for which the traditional use in phytotherapy for UTI might be justified. ..
- Seiler S, Cremers B, Rebling N, Hornof F, Jeken J, Kersting S, et al. The phosphatonin fibroblast growth factor 23 links calcium-phosphate metabolism with left-ventricular dysfunction and atrial fibrillation. Eur Heart J. 2011;32:2688-96 pubmed publisher..However, the association between FGF-23 and left-ventricular function is unknown, prompting us to investigate this relationship in our HOM SWEET HOMe study...
- Henke N, Schmidt Ullrich R, Dechend R, Park J, Qadri F, Wellner M, et al. Vascular endothelial cell-specific NF-kappaB suppression attenuates hypertension-induced renal damage. Circ Res. 2007;101:268-76 pubmed..We conclude that in vivo NF-kappaB suppression in endothelial cells stops a signaling cascade leading to reduced hypertension-induced renal damage despite high blood pressure...
- Ninichuk V, Anders H. Chemokine receptor CCR1: a new target for progressive kidney disease. Am J Nephrol. 2005;25:365-72 pubmed..Identification of new targets may add to the therapeutic options in chronic kidney disease. ..
- Schaefer L, Tsalastra W, Babelova A, Baliova M, Minnerup J, Sorokin L, et al. Decorin-mediated regulation of fibrillin-1 in the kidney involves the insulin-like growth factor-I receptor and Mammalian target of rapamycin. Am J Pathol. 2007;170:301-15 pubmed..This study provides evidence for the involvement of decorin and the IGF-I receptor/mTOR/p70 S6 kinase signaling pathway in the translational regulation of fibrillin-1. ..
- Zumbach M, Hofmann M, Borcea V, Luther T, Kotzsch M, Muller M, et al. Tissue factor antigen is elevated in patients with microvascular complications of diabetes mellitus. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 1997;105:206-12 pubmed..215 ng/ml, p < 0.005). Thus activation of coagulation in patients with microvascular complications of diabetes may be triggered by tissue factor. ..
- Krautkrämer E, Zeier M. Hantavirus causing hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome enters from the apical surface and requires decay-accelerating factor (DAF/CD55). J Virol. 2008;82:4257-64 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the Old World hantaviruses Hantaan and Puumala enter polarized target cells from the apical site and that DAF is a critical cofactor for infection...
- Ketteler M. Fetuin-A and extraosseous calcification in uremia. Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens. 2005;14:337-42 pubmed..Deficiencies of calcification inhibitors such as fetuin-A are relevant pathomechanisms in the progression of uncontrolled vascular calcification and may offer potential for future therapeutic approaches. ..
- Li Y, Pawlik B, Elcioglu N, Aglan M, Kayserili H, Yigit G, et al. LRP4 mutations alter Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and cause limb and kidney malformations in Cenani-Lenz syndrome. Am J Hum Genet. 2010;86:696-706 pubmed publisher..Our findings increase the spectrum of congenital anomalies associated with abnormal lipoprotein receptor-dependent signaling. ..
- Klempa B, Schutt M, Auste B, Labuda M, Ulrich R, Meisel H, et al. First molecular identification of human Dobrava virus infection in central Europe. J Clin Microbiol. 2004;42:1322-5 pubmed..This is the first molecular identification of human infection by DOBV in central Europe and the first proof that a virus strain related to the DOBV-Aa lineage, carried by Apodemus agrarius rodents, is able to cause HFRS...
- Vasyutina E, Treier M. Molecular mechanisms in renal degenerative disease. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2010;21:831-7 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will discuss recent advances in our understanding of the signaling systems implicated in kidney homeostasis and repair. ..
- Hakroush S, Moeller M, Theilig F, Kaissling B, Sijmonsma T, Jugold M, et al. Effects of increased renal tubular vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) on fibrosis, cyst formation, and glomerular disease. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:1883-95 pubmed publisher..Systemic VEGF lacks this effect, leading to severe deterioration in glomerular architecture, similar to that seen in diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Bruch C, Reinecke H, Stypmann J, Rothenburger M, Schmid C, Breithardt G, et al. N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide, kidney disease and outcome in patients with chronic heart failure. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2006;25:1135-41 pubmed..In such patients, NT-proBNP levels are not only reflective of a reduced clearance (i.e., a lower eGFR) but also of the severity of the underlying structural heart disease. ..
- Doller A, Gauer S, Sobkowiak E, Geiger H, Pfeilschifter J, Eberhardt W. Angiotensin II induces renal plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and cyclooxygenase-2 expression post-transcriptionally via activation of the mRNA-stabilizing factor human-antigen R. Am J Pathol. 2009;174:1252-63 pubmed publisher..The post-transcriptional regulation of PAI-1 and COX-2 by PKC-delta-dependent HuR shuttling may contribute to the pathogenesis of hypertensive nephrosclerosis triggered by AngII. ..
- Mensing T, Welge P, Voss B, Fels L, Fricke H, Bruning T, et al. Renal toxicity after chronic inhalation exposure of rats to trichloroethylene. Toxicol Lett. 2002;128:243-7 pubmed..Histological alterations were observed in glomeruli and tubuli of exposed rats. The release of biomarkers for nephrotoxicity suggested alterations preferably in the proximal tubules of the exposed rats...
- Migliorini A, Ebid R, Scherbaum C, Anders H. The danger control concept in kidney disease: mesangial cells. J Nephrol. 2013;26:437-49 pubmed publisher..However, these mechanisms often result in maladaptive processes that destroy the complex glomerular ultrastructure rather than help to regain tissue homeostasis. ..
- Meissner M, Kaufmann R, Gille J. Sodium thiosulphate: a new way of treatment for calciphylaxis?. Dermatology. 2007;214:278-82 pubmed..The goal of this article is to review the new application possibility of this compound...
- Renigunta A, Renigunta V, Saritas T, Decher N, Mutig K, Waldegger S. Tamm-Horsfall glycoprotein interacts with renal outer medullary potassium channel ROMK2 and regulates its function. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:2224-35 pubmed publisher..Therefore, THGP modulation of ROMK function confers a new role of THGP on renal ion transport and may contribute to salt wasting observed in FJHN/MCKD-2/GCKD patients. ..
- Dotsch J, Alejandre Alcazar M, Janoschek R, Nüsken E, Weber L, Nüsken K. Perinatal programming of renal function. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2016;28:188-94 pubmed publisher..The use of transgenic animal models might help to obtain a deeper insight into the underlying mechanisms. ..
- Stock K, Klein B, Cong M, Regenbogen C, Kemmner S, Buttner M, et al. ARFI-based tissue elasticity quantification and kidney graft dysfunction: first clinical experiences. Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 2011;49:527-35 pubmed publisher..ARFI-based elasticity measurement shows promise as a complementary non-invasive parameter in follow-on diagnosis of renal allograft rejection. ..
- Kuemmerle Deschner J, Verma D, Endres T, Broderick L, de Jesus A, Hofer F, et al. Clinical and Molecular Phenotypes of Low-Penetrance Variants of NLRP3: Diagnostic and Therapeutic Challenges. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:2233-2240 pubmed publisher..Patients with low-penetrance NLRP3 variants display a distinct clinical phenotype and an intermediate biologic phenotype, including IL-1Î² and non-IL-1Î²-mediated inflammatory pathway activation. ..
- Henze A, Frey S, Raila J, Scholze A, Spranger J, Weickert M, et al. Alterations of retinol-binding protein 4 species in patients with different stages of chronic kidney disease and their relation to lipid parameters. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;393:79-83 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, RBP4 serum concentration and the appearance of RBP4-LL seem to be influenced by kidney function. Furthermore, the RBP4-TTR ratio may provide diagnostic potential with regard to metabolic complications in CKD patients. ..
- Dieckmann K, Henke R, Ovenbeck R. Renal actinomycosis mimicking renal carcinoma. Eur Urol. 2001;39:357-9 pubmed..As nephrectomy may prove hazardous in these cases, the diagnosis should be attempted pre-operatively by ultrasound-guided aspiration and consecutive antibiotic treatment. In selected cases surgery could be avoided at all...
- Kömhoff M, Reinalter S, Grone H, Seyberth H. Induction of microsomal prostaglandin E2 synthase in the macula densa in children with hypokalemic salt-losing tubulopathies. Pediatr Res. 2004;55:261-6 pubmed..Co-induction of COX-2 and mPGES in cells of the macula densa suggests that PGE(2) activates renin secretion in humans. ..
- Schlingmann K, Konrad M, Jeck N, Waldegger P, Reinalter S, Holder M, et al. Salt wasting and deafness resulting from mutations in two chloride channels. N Engl J Med. 2004;350:1314-9 pubmed
- Wu G, Bohn S, Ryffel G. The HNF1beta transcription factor has several domains involved in nephrogenesis and partially rescues Pax8/lim1-induced kidney malformations. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:3715-28 pubmed..We conclude that HNF1beta has some distinct morphogenetic properties during nephrogenesis. ..
- Bek M, Bayer M, Muller B, Greiber S, Lang D, Schwab A, et al. Expression and function of C/EBP homology protein (GADD153) in podocytes. Am J Pathol. 2006;168:20-32 pubmed..Our data suggest that CHOP-via increased ROS generation-regulates cell-matrix adhesion of podocytes in glomerular disease. ..
- Hoppe B, Beck B, Gatter N, von Unruh G, Tischer A, Hesse A, et al. Oxalobacter formigenes: a potential tool for the treatment of primary hyperoxaluria type 1. Kidney Int. 2006;70:1305-11 pubmed..The preliminary data indicate that O. formigenes is safe, leads to a significant reduction of either urinary or plasma oxalate, and is a potential new treatment option for primary hyperoxaluria...
- Frank H, Gröger N, Diener M, Becker C, Braun T, Boettger T. Lactaturia and loss of sodium-dependent lactate uptake in the colon of SLC5A8-deficient mice. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:24729-37 pubmed publisher..We conclude that SLC5A8 is instrumental in preventing lactaturia and loss of sodium-dependent uptake of lactate in the colon but does not have any apparent role in the prevention of tumor formation and growth. ..
- Schröder J, Lüllmann Rauch R, Himmerkus N, Pleines I, Nieswandt B, Orinska Z, et al. Deficiency of the tetraspanin CD63 associated with kidney pathology but normal lysosomal function. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:1083-94 pubmed publisher..This indicates that the sorting of apical transport proteins might be impaired in these cells. CD63 knockout mice provide an important tool for analyzing the various postulated functions of CD63 in vivo. ..
- Boldt J. Modern rapidly degradable hydroxyethyl starches: current concepts. Anesth Analg. 2009;108:1574-82 pubmed publisher..Modern HES preparations are dissolved in balanced, plasma-adapted solutions that no longer contain unphysiological amounts of sodium and chloride and are thus suitable for correcting hypovolemia. ..
- Bakhiya N, Arlt V, Bahn A, Burckhardt G, Phillips D, Glatt H. Molecular evidence for an involvement of organic anion transporters (OATs) in aristolochic acid nephropathy. Toxicology. 2009;264:74-9 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that OATs can mediate the uptake of AA into proximal tubule cells and thereby participate in kidney cell damage by this toxin...
- Arias Loza P, Muehlfelder M, Elmore S, Maronpot R, Hu K, Blode H, et al. Differential effects of 17beta-estradiol and of synthetic progestins on aldosterone-salt-induced kidney disease. Toxicol Pathol. 2009;37:969-82 pubmed publisher..The choice of specific synthetic progestins has profound implications on the development of kidney injury and renal gene expression under conditions of elevated aldosterone serum levels and salt intake. ..
- Ciarimboli G, Deuster D, Knief A, Sperling M, Holtkamp M, Edemir B, et al. Organic cation transporter 2 mediates cisplatin-induced oto- and nephrotoxicity and is a target for protective interventions. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:1169-80 pubmed publisher..These findings are very important to establish chemotherapeutical protocols aimed to maximize the antineoplastic effect of cisplatin while reducing the risk of toxicities. ..
- Wolf M, Beck B, Zaucke F, Kunze A, Misselwitz J, Ruley J, et al. The Uromodulin C744G mutation causes MCKD2 and FJHN in children and adults and may be due to a possible founder effect. Kidney Int. 2007;71:574-81 pubmed..Symptoms include recurrent urinary tract infections compatible with the published phenotype of the Umod knockout mouse model. This emphasizes that MCKD2 is not just a disease of the young adult but is also relevant for children. ..
- Zipfel P, Skerka C. Complement dysfunction in hemolytic uremic syndrome. Curr Opin Rheumatol. 2006;18:548-55 pubmed..The atypical form, which occurs in adult patients, is associated with defective complement control...
- Weigel F, Lemke A, TÃ¶nshoff B, Pape L, Fehrenbach H, Henn M, et al. Febrile urinary tract infection after pediatric kidney transplantation: a multicenter, prospective observational study. Pediatr Nephrol. 2016;31:1021-8 pubmed publisher..This prospective study confirms a high incidence of fUTI after pediatric KTx, which is not restricted to patients with CAKUT; fUTIs have a negative impact on graft function during the infectious episode but not on 2-year graft outcome. ..
- Piwon N, Gunther W, Schwake M, Bösl M, Jentsch T. ClC-5 Cl- -channel disruption impairs endocytosis in a mouse model for Dent's disease. Nature. 2000;408:369-73 pubmed..The balance between these opposing effects, both of which are secondary to the defect in proximal tubular endocytosis, probably determines whether there will be hypercalciuria and kidney stones. ..
- Waldegger S, Jentsch T. Functional and structural analysis of ClC-K chloride channels involved in renal disease. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:24527-33 pubmed..Insertion of point mutations associated with Bartter's syndrome type III destroyed channel activity. We conclude that ClC-K proteins form constitutively open chloride channels with distinct physiological characteristics...
- Burwinkel B, Amat L, Gray R, Matsuo N, Muroya K, Narisawa K, et al. Variability of biochemical and clinical phenotype in X-linked liver glycogenosis with mutations in the phosphorylase kinase PHKA2 gene. Hum Genet. 1998;102:423-9 pubmed..All known PHKA2 mutations but one are distinct, indicating pronounced allelic heterogeneity of X-linked liver glycogenosis with mutations in the PHKA2 gene. ..