Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on isoenzymes in United States
Locale: United States
Publications437 found, 100 shown here
- Himeda C, Ranish J, Angello J, Maire P, Aebersold R, Hauschka S. Quantitative proteomic identification of six4 as the trex-binding factor in the muscle creatine kinase enhancer. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2132-43 pubmed..Our proteomics strategy will be useful for identifying transcription factors from complex mixtures using only defined DNA fragments for purification. ..
- Hu R, Brower C, Wang H, Davydov I, Sheng J, Zhou J, et al. Arginyltransferase, its specificity, putative substrates, bidirectional promoter, and splicing-derived isoforms. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:32559-73 pubmed
- Condac E, Dale G, Bender Neal D, Ferencz B, Towner R, Hinsdale M. Xylosyltransferase II is a significant contributor of circulating xylosyltransferase levels and platelets constitute an important source of xylosyltransferase in serum. Glycobiology. 2009;19:829-33 pubmed publisher..The data presented suggest that serum XylT levels may be an informative biomarker in patients who suffer from diseases affecting platelet and/or liver homeostasis...
- Gan L, Johnson D, Johnson J. Keap1-Nrf2 activation in the presence and absence of DJ-1. Eur J Neurosci. 2010;31:967-77 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that activation of the Nrf2-ARE pathway is independent of DJ-1, and Nrf2 activation is a potential therapeutic target to prevent neurodegeneration in sporadic and DJ-1 familial Parkinson's disease. ..
- Clarke C, Cloessner E, Roddy P, Hannun Y. Neutral sphingomyelinase 2 (nSMase2) is the primary neutral sphingomyelinase isoform activated by tumour necrosis factor-? in MCF-7 cells. Biochem J. 2011;435:381-90 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, nSMase1 contributes to in vitro N-SMase activity, but does not affect cellular sphingolipids much. ..
- Kent L, Rumi M, Kubota K, Lee D, Soares M. FOSL1 is integral to establishing the maternal-fetal interface. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:4801-13 pubmed publisher..In summary, FOSL1 is a key downstream effector of the PI3K/AKT signaling pathway responsible for development of trophoblast lineages integral to establishing the maternal-fetal interface. ..
- James M, Ambadapadi S. Interactions of cytosolic sulfotransferases with xenobiotics. Drug Metab Rev. 2013;45:401-14 pubmed publisher..Modulators of sulfotransferase enzymes include natural products ingested as part of the human diet as well as environmental chemicals and drugs. This review will discuss recent work on such interactions. ..
- Raftogianis R, Wood T, Otterness D, Van Loon J, Weinshilboum R. Phenol sulfotransferase pharmacogenetics in humans: association of common SULT1A1 alleles with TS PST phenotype. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;239:298-304 pubmed..The allele frequency of SULT1A1*2 in a randomly selected population sample of 150 Caucasian blood donors was 0.31 (31%), indicating that approximately 9% of this population would be homozygous for that allele. ..
- Raddatz R, Parini A, Lanier S. Imidazoline/guanidinium binding domains on monoamine oxidases. Relationship to subtypes of imidazoline-binding proteins and tissue-specific interaction of imidazoline ligands with monoamine oxidase B. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:27961-8 pubmed
- Bartley G, Scolnik P. cDNA cloning, expression during development, and genome mapping of PSY2, a second tomato gene encoding phytoene synthase. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:25718-21 pubmed..We used polymerase chain reaction-based restriction fragment length polymorphisms and alien addition lines to map PSY2 to chromosome 2. We conclude that PSY2 is a second tomato gene encoding phytoene synthase. ..
- Frey M, Leontieva O, Watters D, Black J. Stimulation of protein kinase C-dependent and -independent signaling pathways by bistratene A in intestinal epithelial cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2001;61:1093-100 pubmed
- Hartigan J, Xiong W, Johnson G. Glycogen synthase kinase 3beta is tyrosine phosphorylated by PYK2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;284:485-9 pubmed..Therefore, this study is the first to demonstrate that GSK3beta is a substrate of PYK2 both in vitro and in situ. ..
- Tachado S, Mayhew M, Wescott G, Foreman T, Goodwin C, McJilton M, et al. Regulation of tumor invasion and metastasis in protein kinase C epsilon-transformed NIH3T3 fibroblasts. J Cell Biochem. 2002;85:785-97 pubmed..We propose that PKCepsilon directly interacts with actin to stimulate polymerization and the extension of membrane protrusions that transformed NIH3T3 cells use in vivo to penetrate and degrade surrounding tissue boundaries. ..
- Wang Y, Jiang H. Purification and characterization of Manduca sexta serpin-6: a serine proteinase inhibitor that selectively inhibits prophenoloxidase-activating proteinase-3. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;34:387-95 pubmed..When included in the reaction mixture containing proPO, PAP-3, and its cofactor, serpin-6 efficiently blocked the cleavage activation of proPO. ..
- Oleson F, Berman C, Li A. An evaluation of the P450 inhibition and induction potential of daptomycin in primary human hepatocytes. Chem Biol Interact. 2004;150:137-47 pubmed
- Geisler S, Olshan A, Cai J, Weissler M, Smith J, Bell D. Glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms and survival from head and neck cancer. Head Neck. 2005;27:232-42 pubmed..Our findings, from one of the first studies to examine this research question, suggest that genomic markers of carcinogen metabolism and DNA repair capability may serve as prognostic indicators of disease recurrence and death. ..
- Ersahin C, Szpaderska A, Orawski A, Simmons W. Aminopeptidase P isozyme expression in human tissues and peripheral blood mononuclear cell fractions. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2005;435:303-10 pubmed..Two splice variants of APP3 exist, one of which is predicted to have a mitochondrial localization (APP3m) while the other is cytosolic (APP3c). Both forms are variably expressed in all of the human tissues and PBMC fractions examined. ..
- Kimura M, Cao X, Aviv A. Calcium adaptation to sodium pump inhibition in a human megakaryocytic cell line. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005;289:C891-7 pubmed..The implications of these findings in platelet biology are discussed. ..
- He Q, Suzuki H, Sharma N, Sharma R. Ceramide synthase inhibition by fumonisin B1 treatment activates sphingolipid-metabolizing systems in mouse liver. Toxicol Sci. 2006;94:388-97 pubmed..Data suggest that ceramide synthase inhibition by fumonisin B1 treatment stimulates sphingolipid-metabolizing systems to maintain a balance of cellular sphingolipids. ..
- Pal S, SIF S. Interplay between chromatin remodelers and protein arginine methyltransferases. J Cell Physiol. 2007;213:306-15 pubmed..In this review, we will focus on the latest findings and biological roles of ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complexes and PRMT enzymes, and how their aberrant expression is linked to cancer. ..
- Wooters T, Bardo M. The monoamine oxidase inhibitor phenelzine enhances the discriminative stimulus effect of nicotine in rats. Behav Pharmacol. 2007;18:601-8 pubmed..056 mg/kg) and prolonged the time course effect of the nicotine-training dose. These findings indicate that concomitant inhibition of MAOA and MAOB can enhance the discriminative stimulus effect of nicotine in rats...
- McCormick J, Mutig K, Nelson J, Saritas T, Hoorn E, Yang C, et al. A SPAK isoform switch modulates renal salt transport and blood pressure. Cell Metab. 2011;14:352-64 pubmed publisher..In mice, extracellular fluid volume depletion shifts SPAK isoform abundance to favor NaCl retention along both segments, indicating that a SPAK isoform switch modulates sodium avidity along the distal nephron. ..
- Feng X, Zhang J, Smuga Otto K, Tian S, Yu J, Stewart R, et al. Protein kinase C mediated extraembryonic endoderm differentiation of human embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells. 2012;30:461-70 pubmed publisher..We further confirmed that this differentiation is through the activation of protein kinase C (PKC) pathway and demonstrated that a particular PKC subtype, PKC-?, is most responsible for this transition. ..
- Ma H, Shih M, Hata I, Fukiage C, Azuma M, Shearer T. Protein for Lp82 calpain is expressed and enzymatically active in young rat lens. Exp Eye Res. 1998;67:221-9 pubmed..Proteolysis of crystallins in the nucleus of young rat lens during normal maturation and cataract formation, formerly attributed solely to m-calpain, may in fact be due to concerted action of both lens Lp82 and ubiquitous m-calpain. ..
- Muralidhara S, Ramanathan R, Mehta S, Lash L, Acosta D, Bruckner J. Acute, subacute, and subchronic oral toxicity studies of 1,1-dichloroethane in rats: application to risk evaluation. Toxicol Sci. 2001;64:135-45 pubmed..One g/kg orally (po) was found to be the acute, subacute, and subchronic LOAEL for DCE, under the conditions of this investigation. In each instance, 0.5 g/kg was the NOAEL. ..
- Mohan M, Malayer J, Geisert R, Morgan G. Expression patterns of retinoid X receptors, retinaldehyde dehydrogenase, and peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma in bovine preattachment embryos. Biol Reprod. 2002;66:692-700 pubmed..Expression of mRNA for RXR alpha, RXR beta, RALDH2, and PPAR gamma suggests that the early embryo may be competent to synthesize retinoic acid and regulate gene expression during preattachment development in vitro. ..
- Liedtke C, Hubbard M, Wang X. Stability of actin cytoskeleton and PKC-delta binding to actin regulate NKCC1 function in airway epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2003;284:C487-96 pubmed..The results indicate that actin is critical for the activation of NKCC1 through a direct interaction with PKC-delta. ..
- Saleem M, Afaq F, Adhami V, Mukhtar H. Lupeol modulates NF-kappaB and PI3K/Akt pathways and inhibits skin cancer in CD-1 mice. Oncogene. 2004;23:5203-14 pubmed..We suggest that Lupeol is an attractive antitumor-promoting agent that must be evaluated in tumor models other than skin carcinogenesis. ..
- Nelsen S, Berg L, Wong C, Christian J. Proprotein convertase genes in Xenopus development. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:1038-44 pubmed..Furin and PC6 are expressed in dynamic, tissue-specific patterns throughout embryogenesis, whereas PC4 transcripts are restricted primarily to germ cells and brain in adult frogs. ..
- Ott P, Herzog B, Quast S, Hofstetter H, Boehm B, Tary Lehmann M, et al. Islet-cell antigen-reactive T cells show different expansion rates and Th1/Th2 differentiation in type 1 diabetic patients and healthy controls. Clin Immunol. 2005;115:102-14 pubmed..Using CFSE-dye-dilution, we demonstrate that naive T cells expand in vitro at a faster rate than memory cells, which might account for the differences in expansion rates between diabetic patients and controls. ..
- Subramanya A, Yang C, Zhu X, Ellison D. Dominant-negative regulation of WNK1 by its kidney-specific kinase-defective isoform. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2006;290:F619-24 pubmed..These observations suggest that KS-WNK1 plays an essential role in the renal molecular switch regulating Na+ and K+ balance; they provide insight into the kidney-specific phenotype of FHHt. ..
- Fields A, Regala R. Protein kinase C iota: human oncogene, prognostic marker and therapeutic target. Pharmacol Res. 2007;55:487-97 pubmed..Throughout, we identify key unanswered questions and exciting future avenues of investigation regarding this important oncogenic molecule. ..
- Gybina A, Prohaska J. Fructose-2,6-bisphosphate is lower in copper deficient rat cerebellum despite higher content of phosphorylated AMP-activated protein kinase. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2008;233:1262-70 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, other metabolite data suggest that glycolysis may actually be blunted, since levels of glucose and glucose-6-phosphate were higher in Cu- cerebella than controls. ..
- Yen C, Stone S, Koliwad S, Harris C, Farese R. Thematic review series: glycerolipids. DGAT enzymes and triacylglycerol biosynthesis. J Lipid Res. 2008;49:2283-301 pubmed publisher..Both enzymes may be useful as therapeutic targets for diseases. Here we review the current knowledge of DGAT enzymes, focusing on new advances since the cloning of their genes, including possible roles in human health and diseases. ..
- Shen H, Wu C, Jiang X, Yu A. Effects of monoamine oxidase inhibitor and cytochrome P450 2D6 status on 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine metabolism and pharmacokinetics. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;80:122-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that MAOI largely affects 5-MeO-DMT metabolism and pharmacokinetics, as well as bufotenine formation that is mediated by CYP2D6. ..
- Martin C, Werbeck J, Thudi N, Lanigan L, Wolfe T, Toribio R, et al. Zoledronic acid reduces bone loss and tumor growth in an orthotopic xenograft model of osteolytic oral squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2010;70:8607-16 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results establish that ZOL can reduce OSCC-induced osteolysis and may be valuable as an adjuvant therapy in OSCC to preserve mandibular and maxillary bone volume and function...
- Kyle P, Smith S, Baker R, Kramer R. Mass spectrometric detection of CYP450 adducts following oxidative desulfuration of methyl parathion. J Appl Toxicol. 2013;33:644-51 pubmed publisher..Alteration of these residues might modulate substrate entry to the binding pocket of the enzyme. ..
- Dunn T, Koleske A, Lindahl R, Pitot H. Phenobarbital-inducible aldehyde dehydrogenase in the rat. cDNA sequence and regulation of the mRNA by phenobarbital in responsive rats. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:13057-65 pubmed..The strikingly different responses to PB administration between the various mRNA species in each of the genotypes suggest that the regulation of specific gene expression by PB may involve multiple pathways. ..
- Dean N, McKay R. Inhibition of protein kinase C-alpha expression in mice after systemic administration of phosphorothioate antisense oligodeoxynucleotides. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:11762-6 pubmed..This study demonstrates the utility of phosphorothioate oligodeoxynucleotides as specific inhibitors of gene expression in vivo after systemic administration. ..
- Gonzalez B, Michel F, Simmen R. A regulatory element within the uteroferrin gene 5'-flanking region binds a pregnancy-associated uterine endometrial protein. DNA Cell Biol. 1994;13:365-76 pubmed..7-8.6) and is present in pig endometrium throughout pregnancy. The functional relevance of this DNA-binding protein in the control of UF gene transcription in the endometrium is discussed. ..
- Perez Villar J, Whitney G, Bowen M, Hewgill D, Aruffo A, Kanner S. CD5 negatively regulates the T-cell antigen receptor signal transduction pathway: involvement of SH2-containing phosphotyrosine phosphatase SHP-1. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2903-12 pubmed..These results suggest a critical role of the CD5 ITIM-like motif, which by binding to SHP-1 mediates the down-regulatory activity of this receptor. ..
- Rathbun R, Christianson T, Faulkner G, Jones G, Keeble W, O Dwyer M, et al. Interferon-gamma-induced apoptotic responses of Fanconi anemia group C hematopoietic progenitor cells involve caspase 8-dependent activation of caspase 3 family members. Blood. 2000;96:4204-11 pubmed..Blood. 2000;96:4204-4211) ..
- Khatri J, Joyce K, Brozovich F, Fisher S. Role of myosin phosphatase isoforms in cGMP-mediated smooth muscle relaxation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:37250-7 pubmed..These results suggest that the regulated splicing of MYPT1 is an important determinant of smooth muscle phenotypic diversity and the variability in the response of smooth muscles to the calcium desensitizing effect of cGMP signaling. ..
- Richards J, Petrel T, Brueggemeier R. Signaling pathways regulating aromatase and cyclooxygenases in normal and malignant breast cells. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2002;80:203-12 pubmed
- Elfering S, Sarkela T, Giulivi C. Biochemistry of mitochondrial nitric-oxide synthase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:38079-86 pubmed..The latter modification could be linked to enzymatic regulation. These results are discussed in terms of the role that nitric oxide may have in cellular bioenergetics. ..
- Wang C, Jones R, Debiec Rychter M, Soos G, Haas G. Correlation of the genotypes for N-acetyltransferases 1 and 2 with double bladder and prostate cancers in a case-comparison study. Anticancer Res. 2002;22:3529-35 pubmed..13 of 34 controls (odds ratio 3.88; p = 0.040). Rapid NAT2 genotype correlated significantly with the development of double prostate-bladder cancer. ..
- Bayer A, Heidkamp M, Patel N, Porter M, Engman S, Samarel A. Alterations in protein kinase C isoenzyme expression and autophosphorylation during the progression of pressure overload-induced left ventricular hypertrophy. Mol Cell Biochem. 2003;242:145-52 pubmed..In summary, we provide indirect evidence to indicate that PKCdelta may be involved in the induction of pressure overload LVH, whereas both PKCdelta and PKCalpha may be involved in the transition to heart failure. ..
- Heger S, Seney M, Bless E, Schwarting G, Bilger M, Mungenast A, et al. Overexpression of glutamic acid decarboxylase-67 (GAD-67) in gonadotropin-releasing hormone neurons disrupts migratory fate and female reproductive function in mice. Endocrinology. 2003;144:2566-79 pubmed..The possibility arises that similar abnormalities in GABA homeostasis may contribute to syndromes of hypothalamic amenorrhea/oligomenorrhea in humans. ..
- Afaq F, Saleem M, Krueger C, Reed J, Mukhtar H. Anthocyanin- and hydrolyzable tannin-rich pomegranate fruit extract modulates MAPK and NF-kappaB pathways and inhibits skin tumorigenesis in CD-1 mice. Int J Cancer. 2005;113:423-33 pubmed..Thus, an in-depth study to define active agent(s) in PFE capable of affording antitumor-promoting effect is warranted...
- Barker D, Husain A, Neale J, Martini B, Zhang X, Doll M, et al. Functional properties of an alternative, tissue-specific promoter for human arylamine N-acetyltransferase 1. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2006;16:515-25 pubmed..These findings imply a fundamental role for P3 in NAT1 regulation and define additional regions for genetic polymorphisms associated with enhanced cancer risk. ..
- Bauman A, Soughayer J, Nguyen B, Willoughby D, Carnegie G, Wong W, et al. Dynamic regulation of cAMP synthesis through anchored PKA-adenylyl cyclase V/VI complexes. Mol Cell. 2006;23:925-31 pubmed..This protein configuration permits the formation of a negative feedback loop that temporally regulates cAMP production. ..
- Hart D, Heidkamp M, Iyengar R, Vijayan K, Szotek E, Barakat J, et al. CRNK gene transfer improves function and reverses the myosin heavy chain isoenzyme switch during post-myocardial infarction left ventricular remodeling. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;45:93-105 pubmed publisher..4+/-0.1 fold decrease in beta MHC; P<0.05 for both). In summary, CRNK gene transfer improves survival, increases LV function, and alters MHC gene expression suggesting an attenuation of LV remodeling post-MI. ..
- Navarro S, Chang J, Peterson S, Chen C, King I, Schwarz Y, et al. Modulation of human serum glutathione S-transferase A1/2 concentration by cruciferous vegetables in a controlled feeding study is influenced by GSTM1 and GSTT1 genotypes. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:2974-8 pubmed publisher..04) and GSTM1+/GSTT1+ men (by 26%; P = 0.01) but not in women. In summary, cruciferous vegetable supplementation increased GSTA1/2, but the effect was most marked in GSTM1-null/GSTT1-null men. ..
- Cheng F, Chen A, Best S, Bloom M, Pintel D, Qiu J. The capsid proteins of Aleutian mink disease virus activate caspases and are specifically cleaved during infection. J Virol. 2010;84:2687-96 pubmed publisher..8 degrees C. Collectively, our results indicate that caspase activity plays multiple roles in AMDV infection and that cleavage of the capsid proteins might have a role in regulating persistent infection of AMDV...
- Kawamoto T, Fan C, Gaivin R, Levine M, Lietman S. Decreased SH3BP2 inhibits osteoclast differentiation and function. J Orthop Res. 2011;29:1521-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SH3BP2 plays a critical role in osteoclastogenesis and is a potential target for suppression of pathologic bone resorption. ..
- Baker L, Boult J, Walker Samuel S, Chung Y, Jamin Y, Ashcroft M, et al. The HIF-pathway inhibitor NSC-134754 induces metabolic changes and anti-tumour activity while maintaining vascular function. Br J Cancer. 2012;106:1638-47 pubmed publisher..NSC-134754 induces metabolic alterations in vitro and early anti-tumour activity in vivo, independent of changes in vascular function. Our data support the further evaluation of NSC-134754 as an anti-cancer agent. ..
- Wang L, Charoensuksai P, Watson N, Wang X, Zhao Z, Coriano C, et al. CARM1 automethylation is controlled at the level of alternative splicing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:6870-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, alternative splicing not only serves as the determinant for CARM1 automethylation but also generates cell type-specific isoforms that might regulate normal ER? biology in the mammary gland. ..
- Saunders A, Golbeck J, Bryant D. Characterization of BciB: a ferredoxin-dependent 8-vinyl-protochlorophyllide reductase from the green sulfur bacterium Chloroherpeton thalassium. Biochemistry. 2013;52:8442-51 pubmed publisher..Possible reasons for the occurrence and distribution of BciA and BciB among various chlorophototrophs are discussed. ..
- Wang Y, Hill K, Fields A. PKC? maintains a tumor-initiating cell phenotype that is required for ovarian tumorigenesis. Mol Cancer Res. 2013;11:1624-35 pubmed publisher..PKC? drives a tumor-initiating cell phenotype in ovarian cancer cells that can be therapeutically targeted with auranofin, a small molecule inhibitor of PKC? signaling. ..
- Lee Y, Marks A, Gureckas N, Lacro R, Nadal Ginard B, Kim D. Purification, characterization, and molecular cloning of a 60-kDa phosphoprotein in rabbit skeletal sarcoplasmic reticulum which is an isoform of phosphoglucomutase. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:21080-8 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that an isoform of PGM localized in junctional skeletal SR is the 60-kDa substrate of calmodulin-dependent protein kinase. ..
- McCoy G, Koop D. Reconstitution of rabbit liver microsomal N-nitrosopyrrolidine alpha-hydroxylase activity. Cancer Res. 1988;48:3987-92 pubmed
- Brandon E, Logue S, Adams M, Qi M, Sullivan S, Matsumoto A, et al. Defective motor behavior and neural gene expression in RIIbeta-protein kinase A mutant mice. J Neurosci. 1998;18:3639-49 pubmed..These results demonstrate that motor learning and the regulation of neuronal gene expression require RIIbeta PKA, whereas the acute locomotor effects of dopaminergic drugs are relatively unaffected by this PKA deficiency. ..
- Jick S. The risk of gastrointestinal bleed, myocardial infarction, and newly diagnosed hypertension in users of meloxicam, diclofenac, naproxen, and piroxicam. Pharmacotherapy. 2000;20:741-4 pubmed..Compared with the other NSAIDs, meloxicam was not materially associated with any study outcomes. This study provides reassurance to those prescribing this newer class of NSAIDs. ..
- Ghosh A, Sarkar S, Rowe T, Sen G. A specific isozyme of 2'-5' oligoadenylate synthetase is a dual function proapoptotic protein of the Bcl-2 family. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:25447-55 pubmed..Moreover, the cellular abundance of this protein is regulated by alternative splicing; the other isozymes encoded by the same gene are not proapoptotic. ..
- Jacobia S, Korotchkina L, Patel M. Differential effects of two mutations at arginine-234 in the alpha subunit of human pyruvate dehydrogenase. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2001;395:121-8 pubmed
- Vansell N, Klaassen C. Increase in rat liver UDP-glucuronosyltransferase mRNA by microsomal enzyme inducers that enhance thyroid hormone glucuronidation. Drug Metab Dispos. 2002;30:240-6 pubmed..These findings also suggest that increased T(3) UGT activity produced by PCN is due to a mechanism other than increased transcription of UGT2B2, possibly increased UGT2B2 protein or induction of another UGT enzyme. ..
- Mamidipudi V, Lin C, Seibenhener M, Wooten M. Regulation of interleukin receptor-associated kinase (IRAK) phosphorylation and signaling by iota protein kinase C. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:4161-5 pubmed..These findings provide insight into the underlying mechanism whereby IRAK regulates the kappaB pathway and reveal that IRAK is a substrate of iota PKC. ..
- Howard P, Delafontaine P. Nonsteroidal anti-Inflammatory drugs and cardiovascular risk. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004;43:519-25 pubmed..Additionally, the impact of combined therapy with aspirin and other COX inhibitors is not yet clear. This article will review the studies that have examined these issues. ..
- Dowers T, Rock D, Rock D, Perkins B, Jones J. An analysis of the regioselectivity of aromatic hydroxylation and N-oxygenation by cytochrome P450 enzymes. Drug Metab Dispos. 2004;32:328-32 pubmed..Isoquinoline N-oxide was determined to be the major metabolite of isoquinoline with all of the P450 enzymes used. These results provide further evidence for the steric influence on the regioselectivity of P450 enzymes with quinoline. ..
- Afaq F, Saleem M, Aziz M, Mukhtar H. Inhibition of 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate-induced tumor promotion markers in CD-1 mouse skin by oleandrin. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2004;195:361-9 pubmed..One might envision the use of chemopreventive agents such as oleandrin in an emollient or patch for chemoprevention or treatment of skin cancer. ..
- Arakane Y, Muthukrishnan S, Beeman R, Kanost M, Kramer K. Laccase 2 is the phenoloxidase gene required for beetle cuticle tanning. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:11337-42 pubmed..The results presented here support the hypothesis that two isoforms of laccase 2 generated by alternative splicing catalyze larval, pupal, and adult cuticle tanning in Tribolium. ..
- Robinson S, Li Q, Dechant A, Cohen M. Neonatal loss of gamma-aminobutyric acid pathway expression after human perinatal brain injury. J Neurosurg. 2006;104:396-408 pubmed..The loss of GABAergic subplate neurons in infants with WMLs may contribute to the pathogenesis of neurological deficits in children. ..
- Bishop G, Berbari N, Lewis J, Mykytyn K. Type III adenylyl cyclase localizes to primary cilia throughout the adult mouse brain. J Comp Neurol. 2007;505:562-71 pubmed..Overall, our data indicate that ACIII is a prominent marker of primary cilia in the brain and will provide an important tool to facilitate further investigations into the functions of these organelles. ..
- Karim Z, Choi W, Whiteheart S. Primary platelet signaling cascades and integrin-mediated signaling control ADP-ribosylation factor (Arf) 6-GTP levels during platelet activation and aggregation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:11995-2003 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that the nucleotide state of Arf6 in platelets is regulated during the initial phases of activation and during the later stages of aggregation. ..
- Fan J, Preuss F, Muskus M, Bjes E, Price J. Drosophila and vertebrate casein kinase Idelta exhibits evolutionary conservation of circadian function. Genetics. 2009;181:139-52 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate a high degree of evolutionary conservation of fly and vertebrate CKIdelta and of the functions affected by their period-shortening mutations. ..
- Ristic Z, Momcilovic I, Bukovnik U, Prasad P, Fu J, DeRidder B, et al. Rubisco activase and wheat productivity under heat-stress conditions. J Exp Bot. 2009;60:4003-14 pubmed publisher..Results support the hypothesis that endogenous levels of RCA could play an important role in plant productivity under supraoptimal temperature conditions...
- Grinberg S, Hasko G, Wu D, Leibovich S. Suppression of PLCbeta2 by endotoxin plays a role in the adenosine A(2A) receptor-mediated switch of macrophages from an inflammatory to an angiogenic phenotype. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:2439-53 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that suppression of PLCbeta2 plays an important role in switching M1 macrophages into an M2-like state. ..
- Meng Z, Capalbo L, Glover D, Dunphy W. Role for casein kinase 1 in the phosphorylation of Claspin on critical residues necessary for the activation of Chk1. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2834-47 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that CK1?1 is a novel component of checkpoint responses that controls the interaction of a key checkpoint effector kinase with its cognate mediator protein. ..
- Guo Y, Feng P. OX2R activation induces PKC-mediated ERK and CREB phosphorylation. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:2004-13 pubmed publisher..And hypothalamus neuron cells may use different downsteam pathway for orexin B induced ERK phosphorylation. This result supports findings that orexins might have anti-depressive roles. ..
- Fisk J, Li J, Wang H, Aletta J, Qu J, Read L. Proteomic analysis reveals diverse classes of arginine methylproteins in mitochondria of trypanosomes. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2013;12:302-11 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these studies establish T. brucei as a model organism for the study of posttranslational modifications...
- Lindsey M, Iyer R, Jung M, DeLeon Pennell K, Ma Y. Matrix metalloproteinases as input and output signals for post-myocardial infarction remodeling. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2016;91:134-40 pubmed publisher..A more complete understanding of MMP roles, particularly with regards to upstream signaling roles, may provide new strategies to limit adverse LV remodeling. ..
- Molnar E, Seidler N, Jona I, Martonosi A. The binding of monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies to the Ca2(+)-ATPase of sarcoplasmic reticulum: effects on interactions between ATPase molecules. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1990;1023:147-67 pubmed
- Robinson M, McCarrey J, Simon M. Transcriptional regulatory regions of testis-specific PGK2 defined in transgenic mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:8437-41 pubmed..Translation of both PGK2/CAT and PGK2/luciferase fusion genes was seen concurrently with the first detectable transcripts. ..
- Watson A, Katz A, Simon M. A fifth member of the mammalian G-protein beta-subunit family. Expression in brain and activation of the beta 2 isotype of phospholipase C. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:22150-6 pubmed..The rather low level of identity between G beta 5 and the other mammalian G beta-subunits may shed light on structural/sequence elements necessary for G beta protein function. ..
- Edelman A, Mitchelhill K, Selbert M, Anderson K, Hook S, Stapleton D, et al. Multiple Ca(2+)-calmodulin-dependent protein kinase kinases from rat brain. Purification, regulation by Ca(2+)-calmodulin, and partial amino acid sequence. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:10806-10 pubmed..CaMKIK alpha and CaMKIK beta are thus representatives of a family of enzymes, which may function as key intermediaries in Ca(2+)-CaM-driven signal transduction cascades in a wide variety of eukaryotic organisms. ..
- Elwess N, Filoteo A, Enyedi A, Penniston J. Plasma membrane Ca2+ pump isoforms 2a and 2b are unusually responsive to calmodulin and Ca2+. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:17981-6 pubmed..Experiments designed to determine the source of the higher apparent Ca2+ affinity of rPMCA2b showed that it came from the properties of the carboxyl terminus, rather than from any difference in the catalytic core. ..
- Venema R, Ju H, Venema V, Schieffer B, Harp J, Ling B, et al. Angiotensin II-induced association of phospholipase Cgamma1 with the G-protein-coupled AT1 receptor. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:7703-8 pubmed
- Su J, Chai X, Kahn B, Napoli J. cDNA cloning, tissue distribution, and substrate characteristics of a cis-Retinol/3alpha-hydroxysterol short-chain dehydrogenase isozyme. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:17910-6 pubmed..These data expand insight into the multifunctional nature of short-chain dehydrogenases/reductases and into the enzymology of steroid and retinoid metabolism. ..