Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on ions in Israel
- Erez O, Kahana C. Deletions of SKY1 or PTK2 in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae trk1Deltatrk2Delta mutant cells exert dual effect on ion homeostasis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;295:1142-9 pubmed..A model that integrates these results to explain the mechanism of ion transport across the plasma membrane is proposed. ..
- Opatowsky Y, Chomsky Hecht O, Kang M, Campbell K, Hirsch J. The voltage-dependent calcium channel beta subunit contains two stable interacting domains. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:52323-32 pubmed..Domain II is responsible for this binding, but domain I enhances it. ..
- Soskine M, Adam Y, Schuldiner S. Direct evidence for substrate-induced proton release in detergent-solubilized EmrE, a multidrug transporter. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9951-5 pubmed..5 and for an aspartate replacement at the same position as 6.7. The high pK of the carboxyl at position 14 is essential for coupling of fluxes of protons and substrates. ..
- Katz B, Minke B. Phospholipase C-mediated suppression of dark noise enables single-photon detection in Drosophila photoreceptors. J Neurosci. 2012;32:2722-33 pubmed publisher..We thus demonstrate how a G-protein-mediated transduction system, with PLC as its target, selectively suppresses its intrinsic noise while preserving reliable signaling. ..
- Cohen L, Asraf H, Sekler I, Hershfinkel M. Extracellular pH regulates zinc signaling via an Asp residue of the zinc-sensing receptor (ZnR/GPR39). J Biol Chem. 2012;287:33339-50 pubmed..In conclusion, ZnR/GPR39 is tuned to sense physiologically relevant changes in extracellular pH that thus regulate ZnR-dependent signaling and ion transport activity. ..
- Distler U, Kuharev J, Navarro P, Levin Y, Schild H, Tenzer S. Drift time-specific collision energies enable deep-coverage data-independent acquisition proteomics. Nat Methods. 2014;11:167-70 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we report a software tool, ISOQuant, for processing label-free quantitative UDMS(E) data. ..