Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on intercellular signaling peptides and proteins in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: intercellular signaling peptides and proteins
Publications274 found, 100 shown here
- Bouldin C, Gritli Linde A, Ahn S, Harfe B. Shh pathway activation is present and required within the vertebrate limb bud apical ectodermal ridge for normal autopod patterning. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:5489-94 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that contrary to previous accounts, the Hh signaling pathway is present and required in the developing limb AER for normal autopod development. ..
- Gensel J, Schonberg D, Alexander J, McTigue D, Popovich P. Semi-automated Sholl analysis for quantifying changes in growth and differentiation of neurons and glia. J Neurosci Methods. 2010;190:71-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, this technique provides a rapid and sensitive method for quantifying changes in cell morphology and screening for treatment effects in multiple cell types in vitro. ..
- Lu W, Liu C, Thottassery J, Bu G, Li Y. Mesd is a universal inhibitor of Wnt coreceptors LRP5 and LRP6 and blocks Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in cancer cells. Biochemistry. 2010;49:4635-43 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that recombinant Mesd protein is a useful tool for studying Wnt/beta-catenin signaling on the cell surface and has a potential therapeutic role in Wnt-dependent cancers. ..
- Pajaniappan M, Glober N, Kennard S, Liu H, Zhao N, Lilly B. Endothelial cells downregulate apolipoprotein D expression in mural cells through paracrine secretion and Notch signaling. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;301:H784-93 pubmed publisher..These data reveal a novel mechanism in which endothelial cells control neighboring mural cells through the downregulation of APOD, which, in turn, influences mural cell function by modulating adhesion. ..
- Zeng H, Li L, Chen J. Overexpression of angiopoietin-1 increases CD133+/c-kit+ cells and reduces myocardial apoptosis in db/db mouse infarcted hearts. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35905 pubmed publisher..Our data strongly suggest that Ang-1 attenuates cardiac apoptosis and promotes cardiac repair by a mechanism involving in promoting CD133(+)/c-kit(+) cells and angiogenesis in diabetic db/db mouse infarcted hearts. ..
- Zhang J, Klos M, Wilson G, Herman A, Lian X, Raval K, et al. Extracellular matrix promotes highly efficient cardiac differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells: the matrix sandwich method. Circ Res. 2012;111:1125-36 pubmed publisher..Dynamic extracellular matrix application promoted epithelial-mesenchymal transition of human PSCs and complemented growth factor signaling to enable robust cardiac differentiation. ..
- Gauger K, Shimono A, Crisi G, Schneider S. Loss of SFRP1 promotes ductal branching in the murine mammary gland. BMC Dev Biol. 2012;12:25 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that SFRP1 gene is critical for maintaining proper mammary gland development, and that reduced levels of SFRP1 results in hyperplastic lesions and its loss may be a critical event in cancer initiation. ..
- Park I, Trotta R, Yu J, Caligiuri M. Axl/Gas6 pathway positively regulates FLT3 activation in human natural killer cell development. Eur J Immunol. 2013;43:2750-5 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that the Axl/Gas6 pathway contributes to normal human NK-cell development at least in part via its positive regulatory effect on FLT3 signaling in CD34? HPCs. ..
- Kim H, Nagalla S, Oh Y, Wilson E, Roberts C, Rosenfeld R. Identification of a family of low-affinity insulin-like growth factor binding proteins (IGFBPs): characterization of connective tissue growth factor as a member of the IGFBP superfamily. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:12981-6 pubmed..These genes, along with those encoding the high-affinity IGFBPs 1-6, together constitute an IGFBP superfamily whose products function in IGF-dependent or IGF-independent modes to regulate normal and neoplastic cell growth. ..
- Paria B, Ma W, Tan J, Raja S, Das S, Dey S, et al. Cellular and molecular responses of the uterus to embryo implantation can be elicited by locally applied growth factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:1047-52 pubmed..Significantly, beads containing BMP-2 do not themselves elicit an implantation response but affect the spacing of implantation sites induced by blastocysts cotransferred with the beads. ..
- Sindelar D, Mystkowski P, Marsh D, Palmiter R, Schwartz M. Attenuation of diabetic hyperphagia in neuropeptide Y--deficient mice. Diabetes. 2002;51:778-83 pubmed
- Chhieng D, Tabbara S, Marley E, Talley L, Frost A. Microvessel density and vascular endothelial growth factor expression in infiltrating lobular mammary carcinoma. Breast J. 2003;9:200-7 pubmed..The absence of a statistically significant positive correlation between MVD and VEGF expression suggests that other factors may play a more important role in the angiogenesis of ILC. ..
- Wilczynski A, Wang X, Bauzo R, Xiang Z, Shaw A, Millard W, et al. Structural characterization and pharmacology of a potent (Cys101-Cys119, Cys110-Cys117) bicyclic agouti-related protein (AGRP) melanocortin receptor antagonist. J Med Chem. 2004;47:5662-73 pubmed..J. Med. Chem. 2004, 47, 2194) in attempts to identify a "bioactive" conformation of the bicyclic hAGRP peptide and account for the 80-fold decreased ligand potency compared to hAGRP(87-132). ..
- Doles J, Cook C, Shi X, Valosky J, Lipinski R, Bushman W. Functional compensation in Hedgehog signaling during mouse prostate development. Dev Biol. 2006;295:13-25 pubmed
- Dhar G, Banerjee S, Dhar K, Tawfik O, Mayo M, VanVeldhuizen P, et al. Gain of oncogenic function of p53 mutants induces invasive phenotypes in human breast cancer cells by silencing CCN5/WISP-2. Cancer Res. 2008;68:4580-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, these studies suggest that CCN5 inactivation could be an essential molecular event for p53 mutant-induced invasive phenotypes. ..
- McKee C, Kessl J, Shkriabai N, Dar M, Engelman A, Kvaratskhelia M. Dynamic modulation of HIV-1 integrase structure and function by cellular lens epithelium-derived growth factor (LEDGF) protein. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:31802-12 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insight into how LEDGF modulates HIV-1 IN structure and function, and highlight the potential for exploiting the highly dynamic structure of multimeric IN as a novel therapeutic target. ..
- Li M, Sanchez T, Pappalardo A, Lynch K, Hla T, Ferrer F. Induction of antiproliferative connective tissue growth factor expression in Wilms' tumor cells by sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor 2. Mol Cancer Res. 2008;6:1649-56 pubmed publisher..In addition, overexpression of CTGF resulted in significant inhibition of WiT49 cell growth. Taken together, these data suggest that CTGF protein induced by S1P2 might act as a growth inhibitor in Wilms' tumor. ..
- Xu M, Shorts Cary L, Knox A, Kleinsmidt DeMasters B, Lillehei K, Wierman M. Epidermal growth factor receptor pathway substrate 8 is overexpressed in human pituitary tumors: role in proliferation and survival. Endocrinology. 2009;150:2064-71 pubmed publisher..Together these data support a role of Eps8 in amplifying growth factor receptor signaling in human pituitary tumors to promote proliferation and cell survival. ..
- Ahmed Z, Sheng H, Xu Y, Lin W, Innes A, Gass J, et al. Accelerated lipofuscinosis and ubiquitination in granulin knockout mice suggest a role for progranulin in successful aging. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:311-24 pubmed publisher..Our data suggests that PGRN plays a key role in maintaining neuronal function during aging and supports the notion that PGRN is a trophic factor essential for long-term neuronal survival. ..
- ..The objective of this paper is to examine the current state of research, highlight the breakthroughs and challenges, point out potential impacts of this relatively new technology, and explore future developmental areas. ..
- Cai J, Chen Z, Ruan Q, Han S, Liu L, Qi X, et al. ?-Secretase and presenilin mediate cleavage and phosphorylation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:42514-23 pubmed publisher..This greater understanding of the regulation of VEGFR1 signaling will help identify novel anti-VEGF therapeutic strategies...
- Ota K, Quint P, Ruan M, Pederson L, Westendorf J, Khosla S, et al. TGF-? induces Wnt10b in osteoclasts from female mice to enhance coupling to osteoblasts. Endocrinology. 2013;154:3745-52 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that TGF-?1 stimulates Wnt10b production in osteoclasts, which may enhance restoration of the bone lost during the resorptive phase of bone turnover. ..
- Maulik N, Das D. Potentiation of angiogenic response by ischemic and hypoxic preconditioning of the heart. J Cell Mol Med. 2002;6:13-24 pubmed..The redox-regulated transcription factor NF kappa B was found to play an essential role in the preconditioning regulation of angiogenesis. ..
- Baatar D, Jones M, Tsugawa K, Pai R, Moon W, Koh G, et al. Esophageal ulceration triggers expression of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha and activates vascular endothelial growth factor gene: implications for angiogenesis and ulcer healing. Am J Pathol. 2002;161:1449-57 pubmed
- Kamikura D, Cooper J. Lipoprotein receptors and a disabled family cytoplasmic adaptor protein regulate EGL-17/FGF export in C. elegans. Genes Dev. 2003;17:2798-811 pubmed..These results suggest a model in which Ce-DAB-1 coordinates selection of receptors and cargo, including EGL-17, for transport through the secretory pathway. ..
- MacRae Dell K, Nemo R, Sweeney W, Avner E. EGF-related growth factors in the pathogenesis of murine ARPKD. Kidney Int. 2004;65:2018-29 pubmed..In particular, newly identified abnormalities in heparin-binding EGF expression in cystic kidneys and cells may have important implications for disease pathogenesis. ..
- Liu T, Raval A, Chen S, Matkovic J, Byrd J, Plass C. CpG island methylation and expression of the secreted frizzled-related protein gene family in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Cancer Res. 2006;66:653-8 pubmed..Our results suggest that silencing of SFRPs by CpG island methylation is one possible mechanism contributing to aberrant activation of Wnt signaling pathway in CLL. ..
- Gass J, Cannon A, Mackenzie I, Boeve B, Baker M, Adamson J, et al. Mutations in progranulin are a major cause of ubiquitin-positive frontotemporal lobar degeneration. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:2988-3001 pubmed..Neuropathological examination showed FTLD with ubiquitin-positive cytoplasmic and intranuclear inclusions in all PGRN mutation carriers. ..
- Andrew A, Mason R, Memoli V, Duell E. Arsenic activates EGFR pathway signaling in the lung. Toxicol Sci. 2009;109:350-7 pubmed publisher..Further work is needed to assess the clinical utility of targeting the EGFR pathway in subgroups of lung cancer patients who have been exposed to elevated levels of arsenic. ..
- Kannan Thulasiraman P, Seachrist D, Mahabeleshwar G, Jain M, Noy N. Fatty acid-binding protein 5 and PPARbeta/delta are critical mediators of epidermal growth factor receptor-induced carcinoma cell growth. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19106-15 pubmed publisher..Additional observations indicate that the expression of FABP5 is down-regulated by the Krüppel-like factor KLF2, suggesting a tumor suppressor activity for this factor. ..
- Gray P, Vale W. Cripto/GRP78 modulation of the TGF-? pathway in development and oncogenesis. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1836-45 pubmed publisher..We discuss emerging evidence indicating that Cripto/GRP78 signaling regulates normal somatic stem cells and their tumorigenic counterparts. ..
- Gooz P, Dang Y, Higashiyama S, Twal W, Haycraft C, Gooz M. A disintegrin and metalloenzyme (ADAM) 17 activation is regulated by ?5?1 integrin in kidney mesangial cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33350 pubmed publisher..We suggest that regulating ?5?1 integrin binding to ADAM17 could be an attractive therapeutic target in chronic kidney diseases. ..
- Feng L, Sharma A, Slaughter A, Jena N, Koh Y, Shkriabai N, et al. The A128T resistance mutation reveals aberrant protein multimerization as the primary mechanism of action of allosteric HIV-1 integrase inhibitors. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:15813-20 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide the structural foundations for developing improved ALLINIs with increased potency and decreased potential to select for drug resistance. ..
- Gross S, Rotwein P. Unraveling Growth Factor Signaling and Cell Cycle Progression in Individual Fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:14628-38 pubmed publisher..Thus, although we could define a relationship at the population level between growth factor-induced Akt signaling dynamics and cell cycle progression, we could not predict the fate of individual cells. ..
- Mixan B, Cohen B, Bacus S, Fell H, Siegall C. Betacellulin-Pseudomonas toxin fusion proteins bind but are not cytotoxic to cells expressing HER4; correlation of EGFR for cytotoxic activity. Oncogene. 1998;16:1209-15 pubmed..These data indicate that despite the ability of BTC-TX to bind and phosphorylate HER4, it was only cytotoxic to cells expressing EGFR. The inability of BTC-TX to kill cells was likely due to its failure to internalize through HER4. ..
- Tanimoto T, Jin Z, Berk B. Transactivation of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptor Flk-1/KDR is involved in sphingosine 1-phosphate-stimulated phosphorylation of Akt and endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS). J Biol Chem. 2002;277:42997-3001 pubmed..These data are the first to establish a critical role of Flk-1/KDR in S1P-stimulated eNOS phosphorylation and activation. ..
- Ramanathan M, Giladi A, Leibovich S. Regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor gene expression in murine macrophages by nitric oxide and hypoxia. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2003;228:697-705 pubmed..Deletion analysis of the VEGF promoter shows that the hypoxia response element region and its immediate flanking sequences are essential for both hypoxia and LPS/IFN-gamma-induced VEGF promoter activation. ..
- Ueno N, Dube M, Inui A, Kalra P, Kalra S. Leptin modulates orexigenic effects of ghrelin and attenuates adiponectin and insulin levels and selectively the dark-phase feeding as revealed by central leptin gene therapy. Endocrinology. 2004;145:4176-84 pubmed..Cumulatively, these results identify newer central and peripheral modulatory influences of leptin on hormonal signals of disparate origin implicated in weight homeostasis and metabolic disorders. ..
- Wu Y, Singh S, Georgescu M, Birge R. A role for Mer tyrosine kinase in alphavbeta5 integrin-mediated phagocytosis of apoptotic cells. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:539-53 pubmed..Moreover, our data link another PS-dependent signal to the CrkII/Dock180/Rac1 module. ..
- Beckstead B, Santosa D, Giachelli C. Mimicking cell-cell interactions at the biomaterial-cell interface for control of stem cell differentiation. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2006;79:94-103 pubmed..The high potency of bound Jagged-1 suggests that modification of a surface with a Notch ligand presents a powerful method to control stem cell differentiation at the cell-biomaterial interface. ..
- Sauka Spengler T, Bronner Fraser M. Development and evolution of the migratory neural crest: a gene regulatory perspective. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2006;16:360-6 pubmed..These in turn regulate other transcription factors termed neural crest-specifiers, which control genes involved in neural crest delamination, the generation of migratory cells and ultimately the acquisition of appropriate fates...
- Deiuliis J, Li B, Lyvers Peffer P, Moeller S, Lee K. Alternative splicing of delta-like 1 homolog (DLK1) in the pig and human. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2006;145:50-9 pubmed
- Liu R, Zheng H, Zhou Z, Dong J, Chen C. KLF5 promotes breast cell survival partially through fibroblast growth factor-binding protein 1-pERK-mediated dual specificity MKP-1 protein phosphorylation and stabilization. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:16791-8 pubmed publisher..The KLF5-FGF-BP-pERK-MKP-1 signaling axis may provide new therapeutic targets for invasive breast cancer. ..
- Li Y, Lu W, King T, Liu C, Bijur G, Bu G. Dkk1 stabilizes Wnt co-receptor LRP6: implication for Wnt ligand-induced LRP6 down-regulation. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11014 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a novel role for Dkk1 in preventing Wnt ligand-induced LRP6 down-regulation and contribute significantly to our understanding of Dkk1 function in Wnt/LRP6 signaling. ..
- Velmurugan B, Gangar S, Kaur M, Tyagi A, Deep G, Agarwal R. Silibinin exerts sustained growth suppressive effect against human colon carcinoma SW480 xenograft by targeting multiple signaling molecules. Pharm Res. 2010;27:2085-97 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings substantiate silibinin's therapeutic efficacy against CRC, advocating its translational potential. ..
- Weinkopff T, Lammie P. Lack of evidence for the direct activation of endothelial cells by adult female and microfilarial excretory-secretory products. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22282 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results do not support the hypothesis that Excretory-Secretory products directly activate LECs. ..
- Castillo J, Brown M, Strand M. Blood feeding and insulin-like peptide 3 stimulate proliferation of hemocytes in the mosquito Aedes aegypti. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1002274 pubmed publisher..Our results also indicate that blood feeding enhances resistance to E. coli at lower levels of infection but reduces tolerance at higher levels of infection. ..
- Kocerha J, Kouri N, Baker M, Finch N, DeJesus Hernandez M, Gonzalez J, et al. Altered microRNA expression in frontotemporal lobar degeneration with TDP-43 pathology caused by progranulin mutations. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:527 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that miRNAs may contribute to the pathogenesis of FTLD-TDP caused by PGRN mutations and provides new insight into potential future therapeutic options. ..
- Huang G, Besner G, Brigstock D. Heparin-binding epidermal growth factor-like growth factor suppresses experimental liver fibrosis in mice. Lab Invest. 2012;92:703-12 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that HB-EGF gene knockout in mice increases susceptibility to chronic TAA-induced hepatic fibrosis and that HB-EGF expression or action is associated with suppression of fibrogenic pathways in HSCs. ..
- Boeve B, Boylan K, Graff Radford N, DeJesus Hernandez M, Knopman D, Pedraza O, et al. Characterization of frontotemporal dementia and/or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis associated with the GGGGCC repeat expansion in C9ORF72. Brain. 2012;135:765-83 pubmed publisher..While variability exists, most cases with this mutation have a characteristic spectrum of demographic, clinical, neuropsychological, neuroimaging and especially neuropathological findings. ..
- Lough D, Dai H, Yang M, Reichensperger J, Cox L, Harrison C, et al. Stimulation of the follicular bulge LGR5+ and LGR6+ stem cells with the gut-derived human alpha defensin 5 results in decreased bacterial presence, enhanced wound healing, and hair growth from tissues devoid of adnexal structures. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013;132:1159-71 pubmed publisher..These findings can be used to derive gut protein-based therapeutics in wound healing. ..
- Li Q, Uygun B, Geerts S, Ozer S, Scalf M, Gilpin S, et al. Proteomic analysis of naturally-sourced biological scaffolds. Biomaterials. 2016;75:37-46 pubmed publisher..Thus, proteomic analysis provides crucial characterization of the decellularization process to create biological scaffolds for future tissue/organ replacement therapies. ..
- Das S, Chakraborty I, Paria B, Wang X, Plowman G, Dey S. Amphiregulin is an implantation-specific and progesterone-regulated gene in the mouse uterus. Mol Endocrinol. 1995;9:691-705 pubmed..These results further indicate that the expression of the AR gene could serve as a molecular marker for the receptive state of the uterus for implantation. ..
- Sørensen T, Tani M, Jensen J, Pierce V, Lucchinetti C, Folcik V, et al. Expression of specific chemokines and chemokine receptors in the central nervous system of multiple sclerosis patients. J Clin Invest. 1999;103:807-15 pubmed..Our results imply pathogenic roles for specific chemokine-chemokine receptor interactions in MS and suggest new molecular targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Song K, Takemaru K, Moon R. A role for xGCNF in midbrain-hindbrain patterning in Xenopus laevis. Dev Biol. 1999;213:170-9 pubmed
- Qi J, Ebrahem Q, Moore N, Murphy G, Claesson Welsh L, Bond M, et al. A novel function for tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-3 (TIMP3): inhibition of angiogenesis by blockage of VEGF binding to VEGF receptor-2. Nat Med. 2003;9:407-15 pubmed..This property seems to be independent of its MMP-inhibitory activity, indicating a new function for this molecule. ..
- Freeburg P, Robert B, St John P, Abrahamson D. Podocyte expression of hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF)-1 and HIF-2 during glomerular development. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2003;14:927-38 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest that HIF stabilization, by hypoxia and/or by other means, may be critical for VEGF production and kidney vascular development. ..
- El Remessy A, Behzadian M, Abou Mohamed G, Franklin T, Caldwell R, Caldwell R. Experimental diabetes causes breakdown of the blood-retina barrier by a mechanism involving tyrosine nitration and increases in expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and urokinase plasminogen activator receptor. Am J Pathol. 2003;162:1995-2004 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that early diabetes causes breakdown of the BRB by a mechanism involving the action of reactive nitrogen species in promoting expression of VEGF and uPAR...
- Polliotti B, Fry A, Saller D, Mooney R, Cox C, Miller R. Second-trimester maternal serum placental growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor for predicting severe, early-onset preeclampsia. Obstet Gynecol. 2003;101:1266-74 pubmed..Combined analysis of placental growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor is potentially useful as a tool for early identification of patients at risk for developing severe, early-onset preeclampsia. ..
- Jasuja R, Allen B, Pappano W, Rapraeger A, Greenspan D. Cell-surface heparan sulfate proteoglycans potentiate chordin antagonism of bone morphogenetic protein signaling and are necessary for cellular uptake of chordin. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:51289-97 pubmed..These data and others regarding Chordin diffusion have implications for the paradigm of how Chordin is thought to regulate BMP signaling in the extracellular space and how gradients of BMP signaling are formed. ..
- Nemo R, Murcia N, Dell K. Transforming growth factor alpha (TGF-alpha) and other targets of tumor necrosis factor-alpha converting enzyme (TACE) in murine polycystic kidney disease. Pediatr Res. 2005;57:732-7 pubmed..We speculate that the therapeutic effect of WTACE2 could have been due to effects on several TACE targets, including TGF-alpha, AR, and ErbB4, as well as metalloproteinases other than TACE. ..
- Poon H, Vaishnav R, Getchell T, Getchell M, Butterfield D. Quantitative proteomics analysis of differential protein expression and oxidative modification of specific proteins in the brains of old mice. Neurobiol Aging. 2006;27:1010-9 pubmed..Our results establish an initial basis for understanding protein alterations that may lead to age-related cellular dysfunction in the brain. ..
- Mehta V, Besner G. Heparin-binding epidermal growth factor-like growth factor inhibits cytokine-induced NF-kappa B activation and nitric oxide production via activation of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway. J Immunol. 2005;175:1911-8 pubmed..These results also suggest that inhibition of NF-kappaB and activation of the PI3K-dependent signaling cascade by HB-EGF may represent key signals responsible for the anti-inflammatory effects of HB-EGF. ..
- Dyczynska E, Sun D, Yi H, Sehara Fujisawa A, Blobel C, Zolkiewska A. Proteolytic processing of delta-like 1 by ADAM proteases. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:436-44 pubmed..Our findings expand the role of ADAM proteins in the regulation of Notch signaling. ..
- Pannu J, Nakerakanti S, Smith E, Ten Dijke P, Trojanowska M. Transforming growth factor-beta receptor type I-dependent fibrogenic gene program is mediated via activation of Smad1 and ERK1/2 pathways. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:10405-13 pubmed..In conclusion, this study defines a novel ALK1/Smad1- and ERK1/2-dependent, Smad3-independent mode of TGF-beta signaling that may operate during chronic stages of fibrosis in SSc. ..
- Bagnato C, Thumar J, Mayya V, Hwang S, Zebroski H, Claffey K, et al. Proteomics analysis of human coronary atherosclerotic plaque: a feasibility study of direct tissue proteomics by liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2007;6:1088-102 pubmed..The analysis of 35 human coronary atherosclerotic samples allowed identification of a total of 806 proteins. The present study provides the first large scale proteomics map of human coronary atherosclerotic plaques. ..
- Langsdorf A, Do A, Kusche Gullberg M, Emerson C, Ai X. Sulfs are regulators of growth factor signaling for satellite cell differentiation and muscle regeneration. Dev Biol. 2007;311:464-77 pubmed..Our results establish Sulfs as essential regulators of HS-dependent growth factor signaling in the adult muscle stem cell niche. ..
- Paredes Sabja D, Udompijitkul P, Sarker M. Inorganic phosphate and sodium ions are cogerminants for spores of Clostridium perfringens type A food poisoning-related isolates. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2009;75:6299-305 pubmed publisher..In sum, this study identified NaP(i) as a novel nutrient germinant for spores of most FP isolates and provided evidence that proteins encoded by the gerKA-KC operon, gerAA, and gerO are required for NaP(i)-induced spore germination. ..
- Wang W, Wilfred B, Madathil S, Tang G, Hu Y, Dimayuga J, et al. miR-107 regulates granulin/progranulin with implications for traumatic brain injury and neurodegenerative disease. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:334-45 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-107 contributes to GRN expression regulation with implications for brain disorders. ..
- Zuba Surma E, Guo Y, Taher H, Sanganalmath S, Hunt G, Vincent R, et al. Transplantation of expanded bone marrow-derived very small embryonic-like stem cells (VSEL-SCs) improves left ventricular function and remodelling after myocardial infarction. J Cell Mol Med. 2011;15:1319-28 pubmed publisher..Counter intuitively, the mechanism whereby such pre-incubation confers therapeutic efficacy does not involve differentiation into new cardiac cells. These results support the potential therapeutic utility of VSEL-SCs for cardiac repair. ..
- Xu X, Powell D, Lambring C, Puckett A, Deschenes L, Prough R, et al. Human MCS5A1 candidate breast cancer susceptibility gene FBXO10 is induced by cellular stress and correlated with lens epithelium-derived growth factor (LEDGF). Mol Carcinog. 2014;53:300-13 pubmed publisher..We conclude that FBXO10, a candidate breast cancer susceptibility associated gene, is induced by cellular stress and LEDGF may play a role in expression of this gene. ..
- McMahan R, Wang X, Cheng L, Krisko T, Smith M, El Kasmi K, et al. Bile acid receptor activation modulates hepatic monocyte activity and improves nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:11761-70 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that FXR/TGR5 activation coordinates the immune phenotype of monocytes and macrophages, both in vitro and in vivo, identifying potential targeting strategies for treatment of NAFLD. ..
- Nidetz N, Gallagher T, Wiethoff C. Inhibition of type I interferon responses by adenovirus serotype-dependent Gas6 binding. Virology. 2018;515:150-157 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that rare AdV serotypes might be engineered to include Gas6 binding motifs, thereby generating novel vectors that are more effective. ..
- Moran J, Johnston S, Rauskolb C, Bhalerao J, Bowcock A, Vogt T. Genomic structure, mapping, and expression analysis of the mammalian Lunatic, Manic, and Radical fringe genes. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:535-41 pubmed..Comparative analysis of mammalian Fringe genomic organization suggests that the first exon is evolutionarily labile and that the Fringe genes have a genomic structure distinct from those of previously characterized glycosyltransferases. ..
- Robinson S, Cohen M, Prayson R, Ransohoff R, Tabrizi N, Miller R. Constitutive expression of growth-related oncogene and its receptor in oligodendrogliomas. Neurosurgery. 2001;48:864-73; discussion 873-4 pubmed
- Morita K, Miura M, Paolone D, Engeman T, Kapoor A, Remick D, et al. Early chemokine cascades in murine cardiac grafts regulate T cell recruitment and progression of acute allograft rejection. J Immunol. 2001;167:2979-84 pubmed
- Zhang Y, Li J, Partovian C, Sellke F, Simons M. Syndecan-4 modulates basic fibroblast growth factor 2 signaling in vivo. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2003;284:H2078-82 pubmed..In conclusion, enhanced syndecan-4 expression in mouse cardiac endothelial cells results in preferential augmentation of FGF2 but not VEGF-A(165)-induced NO release. ..
- Ball D, Rachfal A, Kemper S, Brigstock D. The heparin-binding 10 kDa fragment of connective tissue growth factor (CTGF) containing module 4 alone stimulates cell adhesion. J Endocrinol. 2003;176:R1-7 pubmed..Thus, CTGF isoforms comprising essentially module 4 are intrinsically functional in the absence of the other constituent modules of CTGF...
- Ho C, Sheu L, Li C. Immunohistochemical expression of basic fibroblast growth factor, vascular endothelial growth factor, and their receptors in stage IV non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2002;10:316-21 pubmed..Staining for bFGF was positive in two cases of large lymphoid cells. We concluded that VEGF, but not bFGF, was associated with higher tumor grading of NHL and high-grade transformation of low-grade lymphoma. ..
- Lai J, Chien J, Staub J, Avula R, Greene E, Matthews T, et al. Loss of HSulf-1 up-regulates heparin-binding growth factor signaling in cancer. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:23107-17 pubmed..Collectively, these observations provide evidence that HSulf-1 modulates signaling by heparin-binding growth factors, and HSulf-1 down-regulation represents a novel mechanism by which cancer cells can enhance growth factor signaling. ..
- Lin H, Hu Y, Yang L, Altuwaijri S, Chen Y, Kang H, et al. Suppression versus induction of androgen receptor functions by the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway in prostate cancer LNCaP cells with different passage numbers. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:50902-7 pubmed
- Barker C, McHale M, Gillies A, Waller J, Pearce D, Osborne J, et al. The development and characterization of an in vitro model of psoriasis. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;123:892-901 pubmed..This study represents a comprehensive characterization of psoriatic human skin reconstructed in vitro, and demonstrates the potential of this model as a valuable tool in drug discovery. ..
- Staverosky J, Muldoon L, Guo S, Evans A, Neuwelt E, Clinton G. Herstatin, an autoinhibitor of the epidermal growth factor receptor family, blocks the intracranial growth of glioblastoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:335-40 pubmed..Blockade of Akt but not the mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling cascade appears to be critical for suppression of intracranial tumor growth. ..
- Warner D, Greene R, Pisano M. Interaction between Smad 3 and Dishevelled in murine embryonic craniofacial mesenchymal cells. Orthod Craniofac Res. 2005;8:123-30 pubmed..Smad 3 binds all three known isoforms of Dishevelled and binds Dishevelled 1 in vivo. TGFbeta signaling modulates the interaction between Smad 3 and Dishevelled-1. ..
- Groh V, Smythe K, Dai Z, Spies T. Fas-ligand-mediated paracrine T cell regulation by the receptor NKG2D in tumor immunity. Nat Immunol. 2006;7:755-62 pubmed
- Erickson D, Tomaszewski J, Kunselman A, Stetter C, Peters K, Rovner E, et al. Urine markers do not predict biopsy findings or presence of bladder ulcers in interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome. J Urol. 2008;179:1850-6 pubmed publisher..We tested for associations between urine markers, bladder biopsy features and bladder ulcers in interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome...