Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on insulin like growth factor ii in Sweden
Topic: insulin like growth factor ii
- Pant V, Kurukuti S, Pugacheva E, Shamsuddin S, Mariano P, Renkawitz R, et al. Mutation of a single CTCF target site within the H19 imprinting control region leads to loss of Igf2 imprinting and complex patterns of de novo methylation upon maternal inheritance. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:3497-504 pubmed..Considering many other CTCF targets, we propose that site-specific interactions between various DNA-bound CTCF molecules may provide general focal points in the organization of looped chromatin domains involved in gene regulation. ..
- Yu W, Ginjala V, Pant V, Chernukhin I, Whitehead J, Docquier F, et al. Poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation regulates CTCF-dependent chromatin insulation. Nat Genet. 2004;36:1105-10 pubmed..We suggest that poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation imparts chromatin insulator properties to CTCF at both imprinted and nonimprinted loci, which has implications for the regulation of expression domains and their demise in pathological lesions. ..
- Kurukuti S, Tiwari V, Tavoosidana G, Pugacheva E, Murrell A, Zhao Z, et al. CTCF binding at the H19 imprinting control region mediates maternally inherited higher-order chromatin conformation to restrict enhancer access to Igf2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:10684-9 pubmed
- Svensson J, Tivesten A, Sjögren K, Isaksson O, Bergstrom G, Mohan S, et al. Liver-derived IGF-I regulates kidney size, sodium reabsorption, and renal IGF-II expression. J Endocrinol. 2007;193:359-66 pubmed..However, the LI-IGF-I(-/-) mice did not develop kidney failure or nephrosclerosis. One may speculate that liver-derived endocrine IGF-I induces renal IGF-II expression, resulting in symmetrical renal growth. ..
- Shao R, Egecioglu E, Weijdegård B, Kopchick J, Fernandez Rodriguez J, Andersson N, et al. Dynamic regulation of estrogen receptor-alpha isoform expression in the mouse fallopian tube: mechanistic insight into estrogen-dependent production and secretion of insulin-like growth factors. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2007;293:E1430-42 pubmed
- Andersson L. Studying phenotypic evolution in domestic animals: a walk in the footsteps of Charles Darwin. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2009;74:319-25 pubmed publisher..In a recent study, we have identified the IGF2 repressor, and this previously unknown protein, named ZBED6, is specific for placental mammals and derived from a domesticated DNA transposon...
- Bergstrom R, Savary K, Morén A, Guibert S, Heldin C, Ohlsson R, et al. Transforming growth factor beta promotes complexes between Smad proteins and the CCCTC-binding factor on the H19 imprinting control region chromatin. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19727-37 pubmed publisher..Because the CTCF-Smad complex is not essential for the chromatin insulator function of the H19 ICR, we propose that it can play a role in chromatin cross-talk organized by the H19 ICR. ..