Experts and Doctors on influenza b virus in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: influenza b virus
- Tasian S, Park J, Martin E, Englund J. Influenza-associated morbidity in children with cancer. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2008;50:983-7 pubmed publisher..Influenza infection should be considered in febrile children with respiratory symptoms during the respiratory viral season, as well as concurrent bacterial or fungal infections. ..
- Chung J, Flannery B, Thompson M, Gaglani M, Jackson M, Monto A, et al. Seasonal Effectiveness of Live Attenuated and Inactivated Influenza Vaccine. Pediatrics. 2016;137:e20153279 pubmed publisher..We observed lower effectiveness of LAIV compared with IIV against influenza A/H1N1pdm09 but not A(H3N2) or B among children and adolescents, suggesting poor performance related to the LAIV A/H1N1pdm09 viral construct. ..
- Danziger Isakov L, Cherkassky L, Siegel H, McManamon M, Kramer K, Budev M, et al. Effects of influenza immunization on humoral and cellular alloreactivity in humans. Transplantation. 2010;89:838-44 pubmed publisher..Because the strength of the alloresponse influences long-term graft function, our results suggest that further investigation of alloimmune monitoring after vaccination is needed. ..
- Landry M, Cohen S, Ferguson D. Real-time PCR compared to Binax NOW and cytospin-immunofluorescence for detection of influenza in hospitalized patients. J Clin Virol. 2008;43:148-51 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to determine the effect of influenza RT-PCR on patient management and costs in hospitalized patients. ..
- Englund J, Walter E, Gbadebo A, Monto A, Zhu Y, Neuzil K. Immunization with trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine in partially immunized toddlers. Pediatrics. 2006;118:e579-85 pubmed..The need for multiple doses of vaccine to produce potentially protective antibody levels in children needs to be considered, even when vaccine is in short supply. ..
- Perwitasari O, Torrecilhas A, Yan X, Johnson S, White C, Tompkins S, et al. Targeting cell division cycle 25 homolog B to regulate influenza virus replication. J Virol. 2013;87:13775-84 pubmed publisher..Importantly, NSC95397 treatment protects mice against lethal influenza virus challenge. The findings establish CDC25B as a pro-influenza A virus host factor that may be targeted as a novel influenza A therapeutic strategy. ..
- Santos J, Finch C, Sutton T, Obadan A, Aguirre I, Wan Z, et al. Development of an Alternative Modified Live Influenza B Virus Vaccine. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..The availability of attenuated IAV and IBV backbones based on contemporary strains offers alternative platforms for the development of LAIVs that may overcome current limitations. ..
- Domachowske J, Pankow Culot H, Bautista M, Feng Y, Claeys C, Peeters M, et al. A randomized trial of candidate inactivated quadrivalent influenza vaccine versus trivalent influenza vaccines in children aged 3-17 years. J Infect Dis. 2013;207:1878-87 pubmed publisher..QIV may offer improved protection against influenza B in children compared with current trivalent vaccines. ..
- Park J, Lee M, Lee E, Song Y, Choi Y, Winthrop K, et al. Effect of methotrexate discontinuation on efficacy of seasonal influenza vaccination in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a randomised clinical trial. Ann Rheum Dis. 2017;76:1559-1565 pubmed publisher..8% in groups 1, 2, 3 and 4, respectively (p=NS). Temporary MTX discontinuation improves the immunogenicity of seasonal influenza vaccination in patients with RA. Trial registration number is: www.clinicaltrials.gov, NCT02748785. ..
- Sridharan H, Zhao C, Krug R. Species specificity of the NS1 protein of influenza B virus: NS1 binds only human and non-human primate ubiquitin-like ISG15 proteins. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:7852-6 pubmed publisher..Consequently, the ISG15 proteins of humans and non-human primates are the only mammalian ISG15 proteins that would bind NS1B. ..
- Imai M, Watanabe S, Kawaoka Y. The cytoplasmic tail domain of influenza B virus hemagglutinin is important for its incorporation into virions but is not essential for virus replication in cell culture in the presence of compensatory mutations. J Virol. 2012;86:11633-44 pubmed publisher..They also demonstrate that the domain is not absolutely required for virus viability in cell culture in the presence of compensatory mutations. ..
- Kim Y, Narayanan S, Chang K. Inhibition of influenza virus replication by plant-derived isoquercetin. Antiviral Res. 2010;88:227-35 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that isoquercetin may have the potential to be developed as a therapeutic agent for the treatment of influenza virus infection and for the suppression of resistance in combination therapy with existing drugs...
- Yuan W, Krug R. Influenza B virus NS1 protein inhibits conjugation of the interferon (IFN)-induced ubiquitin-like ISG15 protein. EMBO J. 2001;20:362-71 pubmed..Influenza A virus employs a different strategy: its NS1 protein does not bind the ISG15 protein, but little or no ISG15 protein is produced during infection. We discuss the likely basis for these different strategies. ..
- Block S, Yogev R, Hayden F, Ambrose C, Zeng W, Walker R. Shedding and immunogenicity of live attenuated influenza vaccine virus in subjects 5-49 years of age. Vaccine. 2008;26:4940-6 pubmed publisher..g., hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients) for 7 days after vaccination. ..
- Zhao C, Denison C, Huibregtse J, Gygi S, Krug R. Human ISG15 conjugation targets both IFN-induced and constitutively expressed proteins functioning in diverse cellular pathways. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:10200-5 pubmed..By targeting a wide array of constitutively expressed proteins, ISG15 conjugation greatly extends the repertoire of cellular functions that are affected by IFN-alpha/beta. ..
- McNeill K, Vaughn B, Brundage M, Li Y, Poropatich R, Gaydos J. Clinical presentations for influenza and influenza-like illness in young, immunized soldiers. Mil Med. 2005;170:94-7 pubmed..3% of these had an infiltrate. Clinical findings did not differentiate ILI caused by the various agents. Only 29 cases of influenza occurred in approximately 7,200 person-years of observation, supporting the use of influenza vaccine...