Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on inflammation mediators in Australia
Topic: inflammation mediators
- Hu M, Wang C, Zhang G, Saito M, Wang Y, Fernandez M, et al. Infiltrating Foxp3(+) regulatory T cells from spontaneously tolerant kidney allografts demonstrate donor-specific tolerance. Am J Transplant. 2013;13:2819-30 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated the crucial role, potency and specificity of graft infiltrating Foxp3(+) Tregs in the maintenance of spontaneously induced kidney allograft tolerance. ..
- Thomas G, Brown M. Genetics and genomics of ankylosing spondylitis. Immunol Rev. 2010;233:162-80 pubmed publisher..Given the slow progress in studying the mechanism of association of HLA-B27 with AS, these may prove to be more fruitful approaches to investigating the pathogenesis of the disease. ..
- Pumpa K, Fallon K, Bensoussan A, Papalia S. The effects of Lyprinol(®) on delayed onset muscle soreness and muscle damage in well trained athletes: a double-blind randomised controlled trial. Complement Ther Med. 2011;19:311-8 pubmed publisher..After 2 months ingestion of Lyprinol(®) at the currently recommended dosage (200mg/day) and a demanding eccentric exercise intervention, Lyprinol(®) did not convincingly affect DOMS and indicators of muscle damage. ..
- Alzahrani B, Iseli T, Hebbard L. Non-viral causes of liver cancer: does obesity led inflammation play a role?. Cancer Lett. 2014;345:223-9 pubmed publisher..NASH is characterised by prominent steatosis and inflammation, and can lead to HCC. Here, we discuss the role of obesity in inflammation and the principal signalling mechanisms involved in HCC formation. ..
- Muccigrosso M, Ford J, Benner B, Moussa D, Burnsides C, Fenn A, et al. Cognitive deficits develop 1month after diffuse brain injury and are exaggerated by microglia-associated reactivity to peripheral immune challenge. Brain Behav Immun. 2016;54:95-109 pubmed publisher..Indeed, we show that an acute immune challenge augmented microglial reactivity and cognitive deficits. This idea may provide new avenues of clinical assessments and treatments following TBI. ..
- Lyons M, Wittenburg H. Susceptibility to cholesterol gallstone formation: evidence that LITH genes also encode immune-related factors. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1761:1133-47 pubmed..In turn, inflammatory mediators may exert a spectrum of effects in response to genetic variation within lipid homeostatic genes. ..
- Mridha A, Haczeyni F, Yeh M, Haigh W, Ioannou G, Barn V, et al. TLR9 is up-regulated in human and murine NASH: pivotal role in inflammatory recruitment and cell survival. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:2145-2159 pubmed publisher..This response is mediated via M1-macrophages and neutrophil chemotaxis. ..
- Han L, Talwar S, Wang Q, Shan Q, Lynch J. Phosphorylation of ?3 glycine receptors induces a conformational change in the glycine-binding site. ACS Chem Neurosci. 2013;4:1361-70 pubmed publisher..More importantly, by demonstrating that phosphorylation alters ?3 GlyR glycine-binding site structure, they raise the possibility of developing analgesics that selectively target inflammation-modulated GlyRs. ..
- Munro I, Garg M. Dietary supplementation with long chain omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and weight loss in obese adults. Obes Res Clin Pract. 2013;7:e173-81 pubmed publisher..Nutrients that can assist in weight loss may also reduce the risk of obesity related co-morbidities...
- Yan J, Greer J, McCombe P. Prolonged elevation of cytokine levels after human acute ischaemic stroke with evidence of individual variability. J Neuroimmunol. 2012;246:78-84 pubmed publisher..There was only a modest effect of stroke severity on levels of IL-6. There was also variability among individuals. ..
- Reimers G, Jackson C, Rickards J, Chan P, Cohn J, Rye K, et al. Inhibition of rupture of established atherosclerotic plaques by treatment with apolipoprotein A-I. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;91:37-44 pubmed publisher..0001). These results indicate that 2 weeks of treatment with small amounts of human apoA-I produces more stable plaques in a mouse model. Treatment with apoA-I has the potential to stabilize plaques and prevent plaque rupture in humans. ..
- Lam A, Hamilton Bruce M, Jannes J, Koblar S. Cerebral small vessel disease: genetic risk assessment for prevention and treatment. Mol Diagn Ther. 2008;12:145-56 pubmed..A better understanding of the molecular basis of SVD will enable the development of therapies to help in its prevention and treatment. This review assesses the molecular genetics underlying cerebral SVD. ..
- Rayner B, Figtree G, Sabaretnam T, Shang P, Mazhar J, Weaver J, et al. Selective inhibition of the master regulator transcription factor Egr-1 with catalytic oligonucleotides reduces myocardial injury and improves left ventricular systolic function in a preclinical model of myocardial infarction. J Am Heart Assoc. 2013;2:e000023 pubmed publisher..Egr-1 silencing through intracoronary delivery of a targeting DNAzyme at the time of reperfusion following acute myocardial ischemia decreases myocardial inflammation and apoptosis leading to improved cardiac function...
- Werry E, Liu G, Lovelace M, Nagarajah R, Hickie I, Bennett M. Lipopolysaccharide-stimulated interleukin-10 release from neonatal spinal cord microglia is potentiated by glutamate. Neuroscience. 2011;175:93-103 pubmed publisher..These results show that glutamate substantially increases the release of an anti-inflammatory cytokine from neonatal spinal cord microglia activated by a high concentration of LPS. ..
- García Hermoso A, Agostinis Sobrinho C, Mota J, Santos R, Correa Bautista J, Ramirez Velez R. Adiposity as a full mediator of the influence of cardiorespiratory fitness and inflammation in schoolchildren: The FUPRECOL Study. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2017;27:525-533 pubmed publisher..Our findings seem to emphasize the importance of obesity prevention in childhood, suggesting that having high levels of cardiorespiratory fitness may not counteract the negative consequences ascribed to adiposity on hs-CRP. ..
- Garg M, Blake R, Wills R, Clayton E. Macadamia nut consumption modulates favourably risk factors for coronary artery disease in hypercholesterolemic subjects. Lipids. 2007;42:583-7 pubmed..These data, combined with our previous results on cholesterol-lowering effects of macadamia nuts, suggest that regular consumption of macadamia nuts may play a role in the prevention of coronary artery disease...
- Moran C, Biros E, Krishna S, Wang Y, Tikellis C, Morton S, et al. Resveratrol Inhibits Growth of Experimental Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Associated With Upregulation of Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme 2. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:2195-2203 pubmed publisher..This study provides experimental evidence of an important role for ACE2 in limiting AAA development and growth. Resveratrol upregulated ACE2 and inhibited AAA growth in a mouse model. ..