Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on indoleacetic acids in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: indoleacetic acids
Publications116 found, 100 shown here
- Okushima Y, Overvoorde P, Arima K, Alonso J, Chan A, Chang C, et al. Functional genomic analysis of the AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR gene family members in Arabidopsis thaliana: unique and overlapping functions of ARF7 and ARF19. Plant Cell. 2005;17:444-63 pubmed..These observations provide molecular insight into the unique and overlapping functions of ARF gene family members in Arabidopsis. ..
- Dharmasiri N, Dharmasiri S, Estelle M. The F-box protein TIR1 is an auxin receptor. Nature. 2005;435:441-5 pubmed..Finally, TIR1 synthesized in insect cells binds Aux/IAA proteins in an auxin-dependent manner. Together, these results indicate that TIR1 is an auxin receptor that mediates Aux/IAA degradation and auxin-regulated transcription. ..
- Nissen S, Tuzcu E, Brewer H, Sipahi I, Nicholls S, Ganz P, et al. Effect of ACAT inhibition on the progression of coronary atherosclerosis. N Engl J Med. 2006;354:1253-63 pubmed..ACAT inhibition is not an effective strategy for limiting atherosclerosis and may promote atherogenesis. (ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00268515.). ..
- Jin H, Li S, Villegas A. Down-regulation of the 26S proteasome subunit RPN9 inhibits viral systemic transport and alters plant vascular development. Plant Physiol. 2006;142:651-61 pubmed..We propose that RPN9 regulates vascular formation by targeting a subset of regulatory proteins for degradation. The brassinosteroid-signaling protein BZR1 is one of the targets. ..
- Zhao Y. The role of local biosynthesis of auxin and cytokinin in plant development. Curr Opin Plant Biol. 2008;11:16-22 pubmed..However, recent identification of genes crucial for biosynthesis of auxin and cytokinin reveals that localized hormone biosynthesis also plays an important role in organ growth and patterning. ..
- Spitzer C, Reyes F, Buono R, Sliwinski M, Haas T, Otegui M. The ESCRT-related CHMP1A and B proteins mediate multivesicular body sorting of auxin carriers in Arabidopsis and are required for plant development. Plant Cell. 2009;21:749-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, Arabidopsis CHMP1A and B are ESCRT-related proteins with conserved endosomal functions, and the auxin carriers PIN1, PIN2, and AUX1 are ESCRT cargo proteins in the MVB sorting pathway. ..
- Krizek B. AINTEGUMENTA and AINTEGUMENTA-LIKE6 act redundantly to regulate Arabidopsis floral growth and patterning. Plant Physiol. 2009;150:1916-29 pubmed publisher..These results show that ANT and AIL6 are important regulators of floral growth and patterning and that they may act downstream of auxin in these processes. ..
- Filichkin S, Breton G, Priest H, Dharmawardhana P, Jaiswal P, Fox S, et al. Global profiling of rice and poplar transcriptomes highlights key conserved circadian-controlled pathways and cis-regulatory modules. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16907 pubmed publisher..Identification of identical overrepresented motifs in the promoters of cycling genes from different species suggests that the core diurnal/circadian cis-regulatory network is deeply conserved between mono- and dicotyledonous species. ..
- Donati A, Lee H, Leveau J, Chang W. Effects of indole-3-acetic acid on the transcriptional activities and stress tolerance of Bradyrhizobium japonicum. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76559 pubmed publisher..japonicum. The data provide a comprehensive overview of the potential transcriptional responses of the symbiotic bacterium when exposed to the ubiquitous hormone of its plant host. ..
- Ruegger M, Dewey E, Gray W, Hobbie L, Turner J, Estelle M. The TIR1 protein of Arabidopsis functions in auxin response and is related to human SKP2 and yeast grr1p. Genes Dev. 1998;12:198-207 pubmed..Because Grr1p and other F-box proteins have been implicated in ubiquitin-mediated processes, we speculate that auxin response depends on the modification of a key regulatory protein(s) by ubiquitin or a ubiquitin-related protein. ..
- Cline M, Oh C. A reappraisal of the role of abscisic acid and its interaction with auxin in apical dominance. Ann Bot. 2006;98:891-7 pubmed
- LeClere S, Schmelz E, Chourey P. Sugar levels regulate tryptophan-dependent auxin biosynthesis in developing maize kernels. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:306-18 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that developing seeds may modulate growth by altering auxin biosynthesis in response to sugar concentrations. ..
- Tang W, Brady S, Sun Y, Muday G, Roux S. Extracellular ATP inhibits root gravitropism at concentrations that inhibit polar auxin transport. Plant Physiol. 2003;131:147-54 pubmed..The potential role of the trans-plasma membrane ATP gradient in auxin export and plant root gravitropism is discussed. ..
- Rosado A, Li R, van de Ven W, Hsu E, Raikhel N. Arabidopsis ribosomal proteins control developmental programs through translational regulation of auxin response factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:19537-44 pubmed publisher..Using this approach, we were able to assign unique functions for ARF2, ARF3, and ARF6 in plant development. ..
- Clark D, Gubrium E, Barrett J, Nell T, Klee H. Root formation in ethylene-insensitive plants. Plant Physiol. 1999;121:53-60 pubmed..These data indicate that ethylene has a critical role in various responses of roots to environmental stimuli. ..
- Moon J, Zhao Y, Dai X, Zhang W, Gray W, Huq E, et al. A new CULLIN 1 mutant has altered responses to hormones and light in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2007;143:684-96 pubmed..Characterization of weak cul1 mutants provides insight into the role of SCFs throughout plant growth and development. ..
- Yang P, Smalle J, Lee S, Yan N, Emborg T, Vierstra R. Ubiquitin C-terminal hydrolases 1 and 2 affect shoot architecture in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2007;51:441-57 pubmed
- Finet C, Jaillais Y. Auxology: when auxin meets plant evo-devo. Dev Biol. 2012;369:19-31 pubmed publisher..By analogy to the term 'hoxology', which refers to the critical role of HOX genes in metazoan evolution, we propose to introduce the term 'auxology' to take into account the crucial role of auxin in plant evo-devo. ..
- Gray W, del Pozo J, Walker L, Hobbie L, Risseeuw E, Banks T, et al. Identification of an SCF ubiquitin-ligase complex required for auxin response in Arabidopsis thaliana. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1678-91 pubmed..These results provide new support for a model in which auxin action depends on the regulated proteolysis of repressor proteins. ..
- DeMason D. Auxin-cytokinin and auxin-gibberellin interactions during morphogenesis of the compound leaves of pea (Pisum sativum). Planta. 2005;222:151-66 pubmed..These results show that both auxin and GA play similar and significant roles in pea leaf development. Pea leaf morphogenesis might involve auxin regulation of GA biosynthesis and GA regulation of Uni expression. ..
- Jacobs J, Roe J. SKS6, a multicopper oxidase-like gene, participates in cotyledon vascular patterning during Arabidopsis thaliana development. Planta. 2005;222:652-66 pubmed
- Nicholls S, Sipahi I, Schoenhagen P, Wisniewski L, Churchill T, Crowe T, et al. Intravascular ultrasound assessment of novel antiatherosclerotic therapies: rationale and design of the Acyl-CoA:Cholesterol Acyltransferase Intravascular Atherosclerosis Treatment Evaluation (ACTIVATE) Study. Am Heart J. 2006;152:67-74 pubmed..In this study, IVUS will be used to assess whether ACAT inhibition modifies progression of atherosclerotic plaque. ..
- Tan X, Calderon Villalobos L, Sharon M, Zheng C, Robinson C, Estelle M, et al. Mechanism of auxin perception by the TIR1 ubiquitin ligase. Nature. 2007;446:640-5 pubmed..By filling in a hydrophobic cavity at the protein interface, auxin enhances the TIR1-substrate interactions by acting as a 'molecular glue'. Our results establish the first structural model of a plant hormone receptor. ..
- Flores T, Todd C, Tovar Mendez A, Dhanoa P, Correa Aragunde N, Hoyos M, et al. Arginase-negative mutants of Arabidopsis exhibit increased nitric oxide signaling in root development. Plant Physiol. 2008;147:1936-46 pubmed publisher..This model is supported by supplemental Arg induction of adventitious roots and increased NO accumulation in argah1-1 and argah2-1 versus the wild type. ..
- Nodzon L, Xu W, Wang Y, Pi L, Chakrabarty P, Song W. The ubiquitin ligase XBAT32 regulates lateral root development in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2004;40:996-1006 pubmed..Treatment with auxin increases the expression of XBAT32 in the primary root and partially rescues the lateral root defect in xbat32-1 mutant plants. Thus, XBAT32 is a novel ubiquitin ligase required for lateral root initiation. ..
- Sugimoto K, Jiao Y, Meyerowitz E. Arabidopsis regeneration from multiple tissues occurs via a root development pathway. Dev Cell. 2010;18:463-71 pubmed publisher..It thus appears that the ectopic activation of a lateral root development program is a common mechanism in callus formation from multiple organs...
- Bao F, Shen J, Brady S, Muday G, Asami T, Yang Z. Brassinosteroids interact with auxin to promote lateral root development in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2004;134:1624-31 pubmed
- Young L, Harrison B, Narayana Murthy U, Moffatt B, Gilroy S, Masson P. Adenosine kinase modulates root gravitropism and cap morphogenesis in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2006;142:564-73 pubmed..Our data are consistent with a role for ADK and the S-adenosyl-L-methionine pathway in the control of root gravitropism and cap morphogenesis. ..
- Tao L, Cheung A, Wu H. Plant Rac-like GTPases are activated by auxin and mediate auxin-responsive gene expression. Plant Cell. 2002;14:2745-60 pubmed..Together, our results show that a subset of plant Rac/Rop GTPases functions in mediating the auxin signal to downstream responsive genes. ..
- Lewis D, Wu G, Ljung K, Spalding E. Auxin transport into cotyledons and cotyledon growth depend similarly on the ABCB19 Multidrug Resistance-like transporter. Plant J. 2009;60:91-101 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that cotyledon expansion during the establishment of photoautotrophic growth depends on ABCB19-mediated auxin import...
- Xu T, Wen M, Nagawa S, Fu Y, Chen J, Wu M, et al. Cell surface- and rho GTPase-based auxin signaling controls cellular interdigitation in Arabidopsis. Cell. 2010;143:99-110 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal Rho GTPase-based auxin-signaling mechanisms, which modulate the spatial coordination of cell expansion across a field of cells. ..
- Shen H, Zhu L, Bu Q, Huq E. MAX2 affects multiple hormones to promote photomorphogenesis. Mol Plant. 2012;5:750-62 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that MAX2 modulates multiple hormone pathways to affect photomorphogenesis. ..
- Zhong R, Ye Z. Alteration of auxin polar transport in the Arabidopsis ifl1 mutants. Plant Physiol. 2001;126:549-63 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest a correlation between the reduced auxin polar transport and the alteration of cell differentiation and morphology in the ifl1 mutants. ..
- Gray W, Kepinski S, Rouse D, Leyser O, Estelle M. Auxin regulates SCF(TIR1)-dependent degradation of AUX/IAA proteins. Nature. 2001;414:271-6 pubmed..Because domain II is conserved in nearly all AUX/IAA proteins in Arabidopsis, we propose that auxin promotes the degradation of this large family of transcriptional regulators, leading to diverse downstream effects. ..
- O donnell P, Schmelz E, Moussatche P, Lund S, Jones J, Klee H. Susceptible to intolerance--a range of hormonal actions in a susceptible Arabidopsis pathogen response. Plant J. 2003;33:245-57 pubmed..In contrast to ethylene, accumulation of these hormones was not found to be dependent on SA action. These results indicate that the plants response to a virulent pathogen is a composite of multiple signaling pathways. ..
- Noh B, Bandyopadhyay A, Peer W, Spalding E, Murphy A. Enhanced gravi- and phototropism in plant mdr mutants mislocalizing the auxin efflux protein PIN1. Nature. 2003;423:999-1002 pubmed..Lateral auxin conductance becomes relatively larger as a result, enhancing the growth differentials responsible for tropic responses. ..
- Cline M, Yoders M, Desai D, Harrington C, Carlson W. Hormonal control of second flushing in Douglas-fir shoots. Tree Physiol. 2006;26:1369-75 pubmed..We conclude that auxin and cytokinin play important repressive and promotive roles, respectively, in the control of second flushing in the terminal spring-flushing Douglas-fir shoot...
- Lu C, Fedoroff N. A mutation in the Arabidopsis HYL1 gene encoding a dsRNA binding protein affects responses to abscisic acid, auxin, and cytokinin. Plant Cell. 2000;12:2351-2366 pubmed..We present evidence that the HYL1 gene is ABA-regulated and encodes a nuclear dsRNA binding protein. We hypothesize that the HYL1 protein is a regulatory protein functioning at the transcriptional or post-transcriptional level. ..
- Suzuki M, McCarty D. Functional symmetry of the B3 network controlling seed development. Curr Opin Plant Biol. 2008;11:548-53 pubmed publisher..Strikingly, the functional symmetry of the AFL and VAL B3 genes is mirrored in patterns of chromatin modification. ..
- Strohm A, Baldwin K, Masson P. Molecular mechanisms of root gravity sensing and signal transduction. Wiley Interdiscip Rev Dev Biol. 2012;1:276-85 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, plants must integrate a variety of environmental cues, resulting in multifaceted relationships between gravitropism and other directional growth responses such as hydro-, photo-, and thigmotropism...
- Xu T, Dai N, Chen J, Nagawa S, Cao M, Li H, et al. Cell surface ABP1-TMK auxin-sensing complex activates ROP GTPase signaling. Science. 2014;343:1025-8 pubmed publisher..These findings show that TMK proteins and ABP1 form a cell surface auxin perception complex that activates ROP signaling pathways, regulating nontranscriptional cytoplasmic responses and associated fundamental processes. ..
- Abel S, Nguyen M, Chow W, Theologis A. ACS4, a primary indoleacetic acid-responsive gene encoding 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase in Arabidopsis thaliana. Structural characterization, expression in Escherichia coli, and expression characteristics in response to auxin [corrected. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:19093-9 pubmed..An ACS4 cDNA was generated by reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction, and the authenticity was confirmed by expression of ACC synthase activity in Escherichia coli. ..
- Quirino B, Normanly J, Amasino R. Diverse range of gene activity during Arabidopsis thaliana leaf senescence includes pathogen-independent induction of defense-related genes. Plant Mol Biol. 1999;40:267-78 pubmed..Our data indicate that the induction of certain genes involved in plant defense responses is a component of the leaf senescence program. ..
- Noh Y, Amasino R. Identification of a promoter region responsible for the senescence-specific expression of SAG12. Plant Mol Biol. 1999;41:181-94 pubmed..Extracts from young and senescent Arabidopsis leaves contain factors that exhibit differential binding to the senescence-responsive promoter element. ..
- Yang T, Poovaiah B. Molecular and biochemical evidence for the involvement of calcium/calmodulin in auxin action. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:3137-43 pubmed..Our data provide the first direct evidence for the involvement of calcium/CaM-mediated signaling in auxin-mediated signal transduction. ..
- Murfett J, Wang X, Hagen G, Guilfoyle T. Identification of Arabidopsis histone deacetylase HDA6 mutants that affect transgene expression. Plant Cell. 2001;13:1047-61 pubmed..Furthermore, the effect of AtHDA6 on transgene silencing may be independent of its histone deacetylase activity. ..
- Wolverton C, Ishikawa H, Evans M. The kinetics of root gravitropism: dual motors and sensors. J Plant Growth Regul. 2002;21:102-12 pubmed..We propose a revised model of root gravitropism including dual sensors and dual motors interacting to accomplish root gravitropism, with only one of the systems linked to the classical Cholodny-Went theory...
- Zhu C, Perry S. Control of expression and autoregulation of AGL15, a member of the MADS-box family. Plant J. 2005;41:583-94 pubmed..This feedback loop is at least in part due to direct regulation, as assessed by in vivo and in vitro binding of AGL15 to its own regulatory regions and by site-directed mutagenesis studies. ..
- Dharmasiri S, Swarup R, Mockaitis K, Dharmasiri N, Singh S, Kowalchyk M, et al. AXR4 is required for localization of the auxin influx facilitator AUX1. Science. 2006;312:1218-20 pubmed..Loss of AXR4 resulted in abnormal accumulation of AUX1 in the ER of epidermal cells, indicating that the axr4 agravitropic phenotype is caused by defective AUX1 trafficking in the root epidermis...
- Binder B, O Malley R, Wang W, Zutz T, Bleecker A. Ethylene stimulates nutations that are dependent on the ETR1 receptor. Plant Physiol. 2006;142:1690-700 pubmed..Naphthylphthalamic acid eliminated ethylene-stimulated nutations but had no effect on growth inhibition caused by ethylene, pointing to a role for auxin transport in the nutation phenotype. ..
- Pruss G, Nester E, Vance V. Infiltration with Agrobacterium tumefaciens induces host defense and development-dependent responses in the infiltrated zone. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2008;21:1528-38 pubmed publisher..tumefaciens. We found that C58-infiltrated zones-but not those infiltrated with the disarmed control-have increased levels of miR393, a microRNA that represses auxin signaling and contributes to antibacterial resistance. ..
- Wu G, Cameron J, Ljung K, Spalding E. A role for ABCB19-mediated polar auxin transport in seedling photomorphogenesis mediated by cryptochrome 1 and phytochrome B. Plant J. 2010;62:179-91 pubmed publisher..The B19OE plant proved to be a useful tool for determining aspects of the mechanism by which light, acting through cry1 or phyB, influences the auxin transport process to control hypocotyl growth during de-etiolation...
- Baldwin K, Strohm A, Masson P. Gravity sensing and signal transduction in vascular plant primary roots. Am J Bot. 2013;100:126-42 pubmed publisher..We also outline auxin transport and signaling during gravitropism. ..
- Sukumar P, Legué V, Vayssières A, Martin F, Tuskan G, Kalluri U. Involvement of auxin pathways in modulating root architecture during beneficial plant-microorganism interactions. Plant Cell Environ. 2013;36:909-19 pubmed publisher..Finally, through a synthesis of the current body of work, we present outstanding challenges and potential future research directions on studies related to auxin signalling in plant-microbe interactions. ..
- Li W, Zhou Y, Liu X, Yu P, Cohen J, Meyerowitz E. LEAFY controls auxin response pathways in floral primordium formation. Sci Signal. 2013;6:ra23 pubmed publisher..We found that hormone perception not only controls but is also controlled by the transcriptional signals that create plant form. ..
- Ulmasov T, Hagen G, Guilfoyle T. Dimerization and DNA binding of auxin response factors. Plant J. 1999;19:309-19 pubmed..Dimerization in at least some cases may dictate which ARF(s) are targeted to AuxREs. ..
- Harper R, Stowe Evans E, Luesse D, Muto H, Tatematsu K, Watahiki M, et al. The NPH4 locus encodes the auxin response factor ARF7, a conditional regulator of differential growth in aerial Arabidopsis tissue. Plant Cell. 2000;12:757-70 pubmed..This latter finding illustrates the intimate connection between auxin and ethylene in the control of growth in higher plants. ..
- Noh B, Murphy A, Spalding E. Multidrug resistance-like genes of Arabidopsis required for auxin transport and auxin-mediated development. Plant Cell. 2001;13:2441-54 pubmed..The results indicate that these two MDR-like genes of Arabidopsis encode 1-naphthylphthalamic acid binding proteins that are required for normal auxin distribution and auxin-mediated development. ..
- Hellmann H, Hobbie L, Chapman A, Dharmasiri S, Dharmasiri N, Del Pozo C, et al. Arabidopsis AXR6 encodes CUL1 implicating SCF E3 ligases in auxin regulation of embryogenesis. EMBO J. 2003;22:3314-25 pubmed..In addition, we show that CUL1 has a role in auxin response throughout the life cycle of the plant. ..
- Tao L, Cheung A, Nibau C, Wu H. RAC GTPases in tobacco and Arabidopsis mediate auxin-induced formation of proteolytically active nuclear protein bodies that contain AUX/IAA proteins. Plant Cell. 2005;17:2369-83 pubmed
- Auldridge M, Block A, Vogel J, Dabney Smith C, Mila I, Bouzayen M, et al. Characterization of three members of the Arabidopsis carotenoid cleavage dioxygenase family demonstrates the divergent roles of this multifunctional enzyme family. Plant J. 2006;45:982-93 pubmed..Rather, it may have a role in synthesis of apocarotenoid flavor and aroma volatiles, especially in maturing seeds where loss of function leads to significantly higher carotenoid levels. ..
- McSteen P, Malcomber S, Skirpan A, Lunde C, Wu X, Kellogg E, et al. barren inflorescence2 Encodes a co-ortholog of the PINOID serine/threonine kinase and is required for organogenesis during inflorescence and vegetative development in maize. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:1000-11 pubmed..We provide further support that bif2, and by analogy PID, is required for initiation of both axillary meristems and lateral primordia. ..
- Parry G, Calderon Villalobos L, Prigge M, Peret B, Dharmasiri S, Itoh H, et al. Complex regulation of the TIR1/AFB family of auxin receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:22540-5 pubmed publisher..However our data suggest that this regulation is complex. Our results suggest that differences between members of the auxin receptor family may contribute to the complexity of auxin response. ..
- Lee C, Chronis D, Kenning C, Peret B, Hewezi T, Davis E, et al. The novel cyst nematode effector protein 19C07 interacts with the Arabidopsis auxin influx transporter LAX3 to control feeding site development. Plant Physiol. 2011;155:866-80 pubmed publisher..We propose that Hs19C07 most likely increases LAX3-mediated auxin influx and may provide a mechanism for cyst nematodes to modulate auxin flow into root cells, stimulating cell wall hydrolysis for syncytium development. ..
- Krizek B. Auxin regulation of Arabidopsis flower development involves members of the AINTEGUMENTA-LIKE/PLETHORA (AIL/PLT) family. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:3311-9 pubmed publisher..Here, several aspects of flower development involving both auxin and AIL/PLT activity are described, and evidence linking AIL/PLT function with auxin distribution in reproductive tissues is presented. ..
- Spalding E. Diverting the downhill flow of auxin to steer growth during tropisms. Am J Bot. 2013;100:203-14 pubmed publisher..This article will examine how molecular regulation of the paths of least resistance to auxin efflux diverts the downhill flow of auxin to steer growth during tropisms. ..
- Hobbie L, McGovern M, Hurwitz L, Pierro A, Liu N, Bandyopadhyay A, et al. The axr6 mutants of Arabidopsis thaliana define a gene involved in auxin response and early development. Development. 2000;127:23-32 pubmed..The AXR6 gene is likely to be important for auxin response throughout the plant, including early development. ..
- Smalle J, Kurepa J, Yang P, Babiychuk E, Kushnir S, Durski A, et al. Cytokinin growth responses in Arabidopsis involve the 26S proteasome subunit RPN12. Plant Cell. 2002;14:17-32 pubmed..We propose that RPN12a is part of the Arabidopsis 26S proteasome that controls the stability of one or more of the factors involved in cytokinin regulation. ..
- Smalle J, Kurepa J, Yang P, Emborg T, Babiychuk E, Kushnir S, et al. The pleiotropic role of the 26S proteasome subunit RPN10 in Arabidopsis growth and development supports a substrate-specific function in abscisic acid signaling. Plant Cell. 2003;15:965-80 pubmed..A particularly important role may be in regulating the responses to signals promulgated by ABA. ..
- Surpin M, Rojas Pierce M, Carter C, Hicks G, Vasquez J, Raikhel N. The power of chemical genomics to study the link between endomembrane system components and the gravitropic response. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:4902-7 pubmed..These reagents will be valuable for dissecting endomembrane trafficking and gravitropism and for cognate target identification. ..
- Hobbie L. Auxin and cell polarity: the emergence of AXR4. Trends Plant Sci. 2006;11:517-8 pubmed..The sequence of the AXR4 gene suggests that novel mechanisms could be important for targeting certain proteins to specific cellular locations. ..
- Mangeon A, Bell E, Lin W, Jablonska B, Springer P. Misregulation of the LOB domain gene DDA1 suggests possible functions in auxin signalling and photomorphogenesis. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:221-33 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that DDA1 may function in both the auxin signalling and photomorphogenesis pathways. ..
- Hagen G, Uhrhammer N, Guilfoyle T. Regulation of expression of an auxin-induced soybean sequence by cadmium. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:6442-6 pubmed..These results suggest that cadmium not only induces the transcription of a specific soybean sequence, but interferes with the processing of the precursor mRNA, resulting in the accumulation of the 1.4-kb mRNA precursor species. ..
- Pettigrew N, Brush E, Colman R. 3-Methyleneoxindole: an affinity label of glutathione S-transferase pi which targets tryptophan 38. Biochemistry. 2001;40:7549-58 pubmed..These results show that MOI reacts preferentially with GST pi. Such a compound may be useful in novel combination chemotherapy to enhance the efficacy of alkylating cancer drugs while minimizing toxic side effects. ..
- Krysan P, Jester P, Gottwald J, Sussman M. An Arabidopsis mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase gene family encodes essential positive regulators of cytokinesis. Plant Cell. 2002;14:1109-20 pubmed..The molecular and structural phenotypes displayed by the double mutants support a model in which the ANP family of MAPKKKs positively regulates cell division and growth and may negatively regulate stress responses. ..
- Dharmasiri N, Dharmasiri S, Jones A, Estelle M. Auxin action in a cell-free system. Curr Biol. 2003;13:1418-22 pubmed..In addition, we show that the response is not dependent on protein phosphorylation or dephosphorylation but rather is prevented by an inhibitor of peptidyl-prolyl isomerases. ..
- Wang S, Tiwari S, Hagen G, Guilfoyle T. AUXIN RESPONSE FACTOR7 restores the expression of auxin-responsive genes in mutant Arabidopsis leaf mesophyll protoplasts. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1979-93 pubmed..In the presence of auxin, however, brassinolide modestly enhanced auxin-responsive gene expression. ..
- Chen X. MicroRNA biogenesis and function in plants. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:5923-31 pubmed..A large category of miRNA targets consists of genes encoding transcription factors that play important roles in patterning the plant form. ..
- Lewis D, Miller N, Splitt B, Wu G, Spalding E. Separating the roles of acropetal and basipetal auxin transport on gravitropism with mutations in two Arabidopsis multidrug resistance-like ABC transporter genes. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1838-50 pubmed..The hypothesis that flavanols regulate MDR-dependent auxin transport was supported by the epistatic relationship of mdr4 to the tt4 phenylpropanoid pathway mutation...
- Wu G, Lewis D, Spalding E. Mutations in Arabidopsis multidrug resistance-like ABC transporters separate the roles of acropetal and basipetal auxin transport in lateral root development. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1826-37 pubmed
- Harrison B, Masson P. ARL2, ARG1 and PIN3 define a gravity signal transduction pathway in root statocytes. Plant J. 2008;53:380-92 pubmed..Together these data suggest that ARL2 and ARG1 functionally link gravity sensation in the statocytes to auxin redistribution through the root cap. ..
- Jin Q, Scherp P, Heimann K, Hasenstein K. Auxin and cytoskeletal organization in algae. Cell Biol Int. 2008;32:542-5 pubmed..Co-localization of microtubules and F-actin change at a high temporal and spatial scale. High resolution measurements of mRNA expression indicate rapid turnover that may affect the composition of the cytoskeleton...