Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on incidence in Denmark
Publications250 found, 100 shown here
- Locht H, Krogfelt K. Comparison of rheumatological and gastrointestinal symptoms after infection with Campylobacter jejuni/coli and enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli. Ann Rheum Dis. 2002;61:448-52 pubmed..Antibiotic treatment does not seem to prevent reactive joint symptoms. Levels of anti-Campylobacter antibodies were the same in both groups. ..
- Bjerregaard P, Young T, Hegele R. Low incidence of cardiovascular disease among the Inuit--what is the evidence?. Atherosclerosis. 2003;166:351-7 pubmed..A decreasing trend in mortality from IHD in Inuit populations undergoing rapid westernization supports the need for a critical rethinking of cardiovascular epidemiology among the Inuit and the role of a marine diet in this population. ..
- Petersen E, Kijlstra A, Stanford M. Epidemiology of ocular toxoplasmosis. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2012;20:68-75 pubmed publisher..Since acquired infection with T. gondii is currently a more important cause of ocular toxoplasmosis compared to congenital infection, prevention should be directed not only toward pregnant women but toward the general population. ..
- Vad M, Frost P, Bay Nielsen M, Svendsen S. Impact of occupational mechanical exposures on risk of lateral and medial inguinal hernia requiring surgical repair. Occup Environ Med. 2012;69:802-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest an increased risk of lateral inguinal hernia repair in relation to occupational mechanical exposures and a preventive potential of around 15% of all cases. ..
- Ørsted D, Bojesen S. The link between benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostate cancer. Nat Rev Urol. 2013;10:49-54 pubmed publisher..Establishing BPH as a causal factor for prostate cancer development could improve the accuracy of prognostication and expedite intervention, potentially reducing the number of men who die from prostate cancer. ..
- Olsen J, Möller T, Anderson H, Langmark F, Sankila R, Tryggvadottir L, et al. Lifelong cancer incidence in 47,697 patients treated for childhood cancer in the Nordic countries. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2009;101:806-13 pubmed publisher..Survivors of childhood cancer have a persistent excess risk for a second primary cancer throughout their lives, accompanied by continuous changes in the risk of cancers at specific sites. ..
- Dahl M. Genetic and biochemical markers of obstructive lung disease in the general population. Clin Respir J. 2009;3:121-2 pubmed publisher..To determine whether fibrinogen or CRP is causally related to COPD, we are currently investigating whether genetically reduced levels of fibrinogen and CRP are associated with reduced risk of future COPD. ..
- Markova V, Sørensen J, Holm C, Nørgaard A, Langhoff Roos J. Evaluation of multi-professional obstetric skills training for postpartum hemorrhage. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2012;91:346-52 pubmed publisher..The unchanged long delay in handling a retained placenta indicates a need for multi-disciplinary training in collaboration with staff from anesthesiology and the operation theater. ..
- Njor S, Olsen A, Blichert Toft M, Schwartz W, Vejborg I, Lynge E. Overdiagnosis in screening mammography in Denmark: population based cohort study. BMJ. 2013;346:f1064 pubmed publisher..3% (95% confidence interval -3% to 8%) in targeted women. Among participants, it was most likely 1-5%. At least eight years after the end of screening were needed to compensate for the excess incidence during screening. ..
- Jeppesen J, Faber C. Surgical complications following cochlear implantation in adults based on a proposed reporting consensus. Acta Otolaryngol. 2013;133:1012-21 pubmed publisher..3%). Permanent facial nerve paresis occurred following one implantation (0.3%). Transient chorda tympani syndrome (30.8%), vertigo/dizziness (29.5%) and tinnitus (4.9%) were the most frequent minor complications. ..
- Webb R, Antonsen S, Pedersen C, Mok P, Cantor Graae E, Agerbo E. Attempted suicide and violent criminality among Danish second-generation immigrants according to parental place of origin. Int J Soc Psychiatry. 2016;62:186-97 pubmed publisher..Western European nations should develop preventive programmes tailored towards specific second-generation immigrant populations, with integrated approaches jointly tackling suicidality and violence. ..
- Gustafsson F, Køber L, Torp Pedersen C, Hildebrandt P, Ottesen M, Sonne B, et al. Long-term prognosis after acute myocardial infarction in patients with a history of arterial hypertension. TRACE study group. Eur Heart J. 1998;19:588-94 pubmed..A history of arterial hypertension is a moderate risk factor for mortality after an acute myocardial infarction in patients aged 65 years or less. This excess risk is present at all levels of left ventricular systolic function. ..
- Omland Ø. Exposure and respiratory health in farming in temperate zones--a review of the literature. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2002;9:119-36 pubmed..Working exposure seems to influence the domestic area in farms, and being raised on a farm might have a protective effect regarding sensitisation and allergic diseases. ..
- Lidegaard O, Pinborg A, Andersen A. Imprinting diseases and IVF: Danish National IVF cohort study. Hum Reprod. 2005;20:950-4 pubmed..Danish register data do not support reports of an increased risk of imprinting diseases after IVF. ..
- Frost L, Vestergaard P. Caffeine and risk of atrial fibrillation or flutter: the Danish Diet, Cancer, and Health Study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2005;81:578-82 pubmed..12 (0.87, 1.44), 0.85 (0.65, 1.12), 0.92 (0.71, 1.20), and 0.91 (0.70, 1.19), respectively. Consumption of caffeine was not associated with risk of atrial fibrillation or flutter. ..
- Danielsen A, Weismann K, Jørgensen B, Heidenheim M, Fugleholm A. Incidence, clinical presentation and treatment of neurosyphilis in Denmark 1980-1997. Acta Derm Venereol. 2004;84:459-62 pubmed..Most patients were treated with penicillin by the intramuscular or intravenous route, but the amounts and duration of the antibiotic treatment varied a lot among the patients. All patients treated with intravenous penicillin were cured...
- Engkilde K, Menne T, Johansen J. Inflammatory bowel disease in relation to contact allergy: a patient-based study. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2007;42:572-6 pubmed..It may also be that having either disease result in skewness of the immune system might lead to an inverse disease association. ..
- Jepsen P, Vilstrup H, Sørensen H. Alcoholic cirrhosis in Denmark - population-based incidence, prevalence, and hospitalization rates between 1988 and 2005: a descriptive cohort study. BMC Gastroenterol. 2008;8:3 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we expect the overall incidence and prevalence rates of alcoholic cirrhosis to decrease in the future. ..
- Stender M, Frøkjaer J, Larsen T, Lundbye Christensen S, Thorlacius Ussing O. Preoperative plasma D-dimer is a predictor of postoperative deep venous thrombosis in colorectal cancer patients: a clinical, prospective cohort study with one-year follow-up. Dis Colon Rectum. 2009;52:446-51 pubmed publisher..D-dimer might be useful in identifying those colorectal cancer patients who fail to respond to standard prophylaxis for deep venous thrombosis. ..
- Weinreich U, Korsgaard J. Bacterial colonisation of lower airways in health and chronic lung disease. Clin Respir J. 2008;2:116-22 pubmed publisher..Patients with bronchiectasis have the highest colonisation rate. This correlates to the reported frequency of lower respiratory tract infections. ..
- Svendsen C. Is sarcoidosis a rickettsiosis?. Dan Med Bull. 2011;58:B4249 pubmed..In conclusion, we could not find evidence to support the primary hypothesis of the study, that a rickettsial infection should be involved in the pathogenesis of sarcoidosis. ..
- Sørensen G, Erichsen R, Svaerke C, Farkas D, Sørensen H. Risk of cancer in patients with inflammatory bowel disease and venous thromboembolism: a nationwide cohort study. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2012;18:1859-63 pubmed publisher..We suggest that IBD patients with VTE should follow the same diagnostic work-up guidelines as non-IBD VTE patients. ..
- Arendt J, Pedersen L, Nexo E, Sørensen H. Elevated plasma vitamin B12 levels as a marker for cancer: a population-based cohort study. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2013;105:1799-805 pubmed publisher..High Cbl levels were associated with the risk of subsequently diagnosed cancer, mostly within the first year of follow-up. This may have clinical implications for the interpretation of high Cbl levels. ..
- Lindahl L, Heide Jørgensen U, Pedersen L, Sørensen H, Iversen L. Risk of Acute Myocardial Infarction or Stroke in Patients with Mycosis Fungoides and Parapsoriasis. Acta Derm Venereol. 2016;96:530-4 pubmed publisher..0 (95% CI 1.2-3.4). In conclusion, patients with MF and parapsoriasis have an increased RR of AMI or stroke within the first 5 years of follow-up. ..
- Paradowski P, Lohmander L, Englund M. Osteoarthritis of the knee after meniscal resection: long term radiographic evaluation of disease progression. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2016;24:794-800 pubmed publisher..Overall, some 20-30 years after meniscectomy nearly three out of four persons had developed radiographic tibiofemoral OA and one out of four had developed patellofemoral OA. ..
- Olson F, Engborg J, GrÃ¸nhÃ¸j M, Sand N, Lambrechtsen J, Steffensen F, et al. Association between high-sensitive troponin I and coronary artery calcification in a Danish general population. Atherosclerosis. 2016;245:88-93 pubmed publisher..671 to 0.695 (p < 0.0001). Hs-TnI was associated with CAC in a Danish middle-aged population without previously known CVD. This is a step towards understanding hs-TnI as a risk marker for CVD. ..
- Frost L, Vestergaard P. Alcohol and risk of atrial fibrillation or flutter: a cohort study. Arch Intern Med. 2004;164:1993-8 pubmed..Consumption of alcohol was associated with an increased risk of atrial fibrillation or flutter in men. In women, moderate consumption of alcohol did not seem to be associated with risk of atrial fibrillation or flutter. ..
- Jepsen P, Vilstrup H, Schønheyder H, Sørensen H. A nationwide study of the incidence and 30-day mortality rate of pyogenic liver abscess in Denmark, 1977-2002. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2005;21:1185-8 pubmed..Pyogenic liver abscess is a life-threatening disease. Accurate data on incidence and prognosis are important, but scarce...
- Larsen K, Jensen T, Karlsmark T, Holstein P. Incidence of bullosis diabeticorum--a controversial cause of chronic foot ulceration. Int Wound J. 2008;5:591-6 pubmed publisher..BD should be well known to all members of diabetic foot care teams. Blood glucose control with special attention to hypoglycaemia at the time of eruption, deroofing of the bullae and foot ulcer care are recommended. ..
- Lund R, Sejbaek C, Christensen U, Schmidt L. The impact of social relations on the incidence of severe depressive symptoms among infertile women and men. Hum Reprod. 2009;24:2810-20 pubmed publisher..More women than men report severe depressive symptoms after 1 year of unsuccessful treatment. It is important to be aware of the possible negative impact of relational strain among fertility patients in unsuccessful treatment. ..
- Preiss B, Bergmann O, Bergman O, Friis L, Sørensen A, Frederiksen M, et al. Cytogenetic findings in adult secondary acute myeloid leukemia (AML): frequency of favorable and adverse chromosomal aberrations do not differ from adult de novo AML. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2010;202:108-22 pubmed publisher..01). We conclude that population-based cytogenetic studies of adult s-AML and age- and sex-matched de novo AML show comparable distributions of chromosome abnormalities. ..
- Jensen L, Maeng M, Thayssen P, Tilsted H, Terkelsen C, Kaltoft A, et al. Influence of diabetes mellitus on clinical outcomes following primary percutaneous coronary intervention in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2012;109:629-35 pubmed publisher..03, 95% CI 1.59 to 2.59). In conclusion, stent thrombosis rate was similar in patients with and without DM and STEMI treated with primary PCI, whereas the presence of DM increased the risk of MI, TLR, and death. ..
- Nielsen S, Nordestgaard B, Bojesen S. Statin use and reduced cancer-related mortality. N Engl J Med. 2012;367:1792-802 pubmed publisher..Statin use in patients with cancer is associated with reduced cancer-related mortality. This suggests a need for trials of statins in patients with cancer. ..
- Rasmussen E, de Freitas P, Bygum A. Urticaria and Prodromal Symptoms Including Erythema Marginatum in Danish Patients with Hereditary Angioedema. Acta Derm Venereol. 2016;96:373-6 pubmed publisher..HAE patients with erythema marginatum have a longer diagnostic delay, presumably caused by misinterpretation of the rash as urticaria. ..
- Borhani Khomani K, Talman M, Kroman N, Tvedskov T. Risk of Local Recurrence of Benign and Borderline Phyllodes Tumors: A Danish Population-Based Retrospective Study. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:1543-8 pubmed publisher..No apparent pattern of progression in histological grading was found. The results do not justify wide excision margins of nonmalignant phyllodes tumors of the breast. ..
- Becker U, Deis A, Sørensen T, Grønbaek M, Borch Johnsen K, Muller C, et al. Prediction of risk of liver disease by alcohol intake, sex, and age: a prospective population study. Hepatology. 1996;23:1025-9 pubmed..In the general population, self-reported current alcohol intake is a good predictor of the future risk of alcohol-induced liver disease. ..
- Fruergaard P, Launbjerg J, Hesse B. Frequency of pulmonary embolism in patients admitted with chest pain and suspicion of acute myocardial infarction but in whom this diagnosis is ruled out. Cardiology. 1996;87:331-4 pubmed
- Johnsson K, Sass M. Cauda equina syndrome in lumbar spinal stenosis: case report and incidence in Jutland, Denmark. J Spinal Disord Tech. 2004;17:334-5 pubmed..Computed tomography scan showed spinal stenosis from L2 to L4. She underwent an urgent operation and recovered within 5 days from her anal sphincter paresis and within 5 weeks from her bladder paresis. ..
- Gottrup F, Karlsmark T. Leg ulcers: uncommon presentations. Clin Dermatol. 2005;23:601-11 pubmed..Such a system would result in an earlier diagnosis and more sufficient treatment for patients with uncommon presentations of leg ulcers. ..
- Harboe Z, Valentiner Branth P, Benfield T, Christensen J, Hjuler T, Kaltoft M, et al. Estimated effect of pneumococcal conjugate vaccination on invasive pneumococcal disease and associated mortality, Denmark 2000-2005. Vaccine. 2008;26:3765-71 pubmed publisher..Approximately 70% of all deaths occurred in adults over 65 years, underlining the need for protection against IPD in this age group. ..
- Lester C, Sandvang D, Olsen S, Schønheyder H, Jarløv J, Bangsborg J, et al. Emergence of ampicillin-resistant Enterococcus faecium in Danish hospitals. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2008;62:1203-6 pubmed publisher..Ampicillin-resistant E. faecium isolates have increased in frequency in Denmark during 2002-2006. Most of the ampicillin-resistant E. faecium isolates belong to complex CC17. ..
- Kjaergaard H, Olsen J, Ottesen B, Nyberg P, Dykes A. Obstetric risk indicators for labour dystocia in nulliparous women: a multi-centre cohort study. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2008;8:45 pubmed publisher..Vaginal examinations at admission provide useful information on risk indicators for dystocia. The strongest risk indicator was use of epidural analgesia and if part of that is causal, it is of concern. ..
- Frisch M, Pedersen B, Andersson R. Appendicitis, mesenteric lymphadenitis, and subsequent risk of ulcerative colitis: cohort studies in Sweden and Denmark. BMJ. 2009;338:b716 pubmed publisher..Appendicectomy itself does not protect against ulcerative colitis. ..
- Jørgensen K, Gøtzsche P. Overdiagnosis in publicly organised mammography screening programmes: systematic review of incidence trends. BMJ. 2009;339:b2587 pubmed publisher..One in three breast cancers detected in a population offered organised screening is overdiagnosed. ..
- Dombernowsky S, Weischer M, Freiberg J, Bojesen S, Tybjaerg Hansen A, Nordestgaard B. Missense polymorphisms in BRCA1 and BRCA2 and risk of breast and ovarian cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:2339-42 pubmed publisher..Therefore, genetic counseling of such families safely can disregard findings of these missense polymorphisms. ..
- Engholm G, Ferlay J, Christensen N, Bray F, Gjerstorff M, Klint A, et al. NORDCAN--a Nordic tool for cancer information, planning, quality control and research. Acta Oncol. 2010;49:725-36 pubmed publisher..The NORDCAN database aims to provide comparable and timely data to serve the varying needs of policy makers, cancer societies, the public, and journalists, as well as the clinical and research community. ..
- Torp Pedersen C, Crijns H, Gaudin C, Page R, Connolly S, Hohnloser S. Impact of dronedarone on hospitalization burden in patients with atrial fibrillation: results from the ATHENA study. Europace. 2011;13:1118-26 pubmed publisher..Dronedarone reduced the risk for CV hospitalization and the total hospitalization burden in this patient group. The trial is registered under ClinicalTrials.gov #NCT 00174785. ..
- Christensen U, la Cour M. Visual loss after use of intraocular silicone oil associated with thinning of inner retinal layers. Acta Ophthalmol. 2012;90:733-7 pubmed publisher..The visual loss was associated with a significant reduction in inner retinal thickness indicating neuronal cell loss in the macular area as a possible explanation. ..
- Andersson N, Goodwin R, Okkels N, Gustafsson L, Taha F, Cole S, et al. Depression and the risk of severe infections: prospective analyses on a nationwide representative sample. Int J Epidemiol. 2016;45:131-9 pubmed publisher..A dose-response relationship may be present, but more research is needed to further examine and confirm a link between depression and risk of infection. ..
- Christiansen A, Rodriguez A, Nielsen J, Cowan S. Should travellers to rabies-endemic countries be pre-exposure vaccinated? An assessment of post-exposure prophylaxis and pre-exposure prophylaxis given to Danes travelling to rabies-endemic countries 2000-12. J Travel Med. 2016;23: pubmed publisher..Even short term travelers should be given the option of including PrEP in their travel immunisation program, as PEP and especially RIG is not always available in rabies-endemic countries. ..
- Nielsen B, Alban L, Stege H, Sørensen L, Møgelmose V, Bagger J, et al. A new Salmonella surveillance and control programme in Danish pig herds and slaughterhouses. Berl Munch Tierarztl Wochenschr. 2001;114:323-6 pubmed..These include a requirement for a herd intervention plan, restriction on livestock trade, and a requirement for special slurry handling. Carcasses from DT 104 herds must be heat-treated or decontaminated with hot water. ..
- Iversen A, Christiansen C, Attermann J, Eugen Olsen J, Schulman S, Berntorp E, et al. Limited protective effect of the CCR5Delta32/CCR5Delta32 genotype on human immunodeficiency virus infection incidence in a cohort of patients with hemophilia and selection for genotypic X4 virus. J Infect Dis. 2003;187:215-25 pubmed..Sequence comparisons indicate that X4 virus can be selected in vivo due to either absence of CCR5 receptors or relative increase of CXCR4 receptors. ..
- Deutch S, Labouriau R, Schønheyeder H, Ostergaard L, Nørgård B, Sørensen H. Crowding as a risk factor of meningococcal disease in Danish preschool children: a nationwide population-based case-control study. Scand J Infect Dis. 2004;36:20-3 pubmed..The adjusted OR for MD was 1.5 (95% CI: 1.1-1.9) for infants, and 1.5 (95% CI: 1.1-2.0) for children older than 1 y. Household density appears to be a risk factor of MD in preschool children. ..
- Lindhardsen J, Ahlehoff O, Gislason G, Madsen O, Olesen J, Svendsen J, et al. Risk of atrial fibrillation and stroke in rheumatoid arthritis: Danish nationwide cohort study. BMJ. 2012;344:e1257 pubmed publisher..The novel finding of increased risk of atrial fibrillation in rheumatoid arthritis suggests that this arrhythmia is relevant in cardiovascular risk assessment of these patients. ..
- Siesing P, Alva Jørgensen J, Brodersen J, Arpi M, Jensen P. Rising incidence of Enterococcus species in microbiological specimens from orthopedic patients correlates to increased use of cefuroxime: a study concentrating on tissue samples. Acta Orthop. 2013;84:319-22 pubmed publisher..Continuous surveillance of species distribution, resistance rates, and antibiotic consumption is of utmost importance for optimal antibiotic strategy in orthopedic patients. ..
- Soerensen M, Buntzen S, Bek K, Laurberg S. Complete obstetric anal sphincter tear and risk of long-term fecal incontinence: a cohort study. Dis Colon Rectum. 2013;56:992-1001 pubmed publisher..Anal sphincter rupture is the only independent risk factor for fecal incontinence. The severity of fecal incontinence had the same impact on quality of life in both groups. ..
- Perez Cornago A, Travis R, Appleby P, Tsilidis K, Tjønneland A, Olsen A, et al. Fruit and vegetable intake and prostate cancer risk in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC). Int J Cancer. 2017;141:287-297 pubmed publisher..The main finding of this prospective study was that a higher fruit intake was associated with a small reduction in prostate cancer risk. Whether this association is causal remains unclear. ..
- Lee C, Pallisgaard J, Olesen J, Carlson N, Lamberts M, Gislason G, et al. Antithrombotic Therapy and First Myocardial Infarction in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:2901-2909 pubmed publisher..Combination of ASA and VKA therapy was not associated with a lower risk of MI but was associated with increased bleeding risk. ..
- Sørensen H, Skriver M, Pedersen L, Larsen H, Ebbesen F, Schønheyder H. Risk of infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis after maternal postnatal use of macrolides. Scand J Infect Dis. 2003;35:104-6 pubmed..3 [95% confidence interval (95% CI) 1.2-92.3] for girls and 2.0 (95% CI 0.5-8.4) for boys. The use of macrolides during breast-feeding increases the risk of infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis. ..
- Hvidtjørn D, Grove J, Schendel D, Vaeth M, Ernst E, Nielsen L, et al. 'Vanishing embryo syndrome' in IVF/ICSI. Hum Reprod. 2005;20:2550-1 pubmed..The association between vanishing embryo syndrome and incidence of cerebral palsy following IVF requires further investigation in larger, adequately powered, studies. ..
- Frost L, Vestergaard P, Mosekilde L, Mortensen L. Trends in incidence and mortality in the hospital diagnosis of atrial fibrillation or flutter in Denmark, 1980-1999. Int J Cardiol. 2005;103:78-84 pubmed
- Simonsen J, Strid M, Mølbak K, Krogfelt K, Linneberg A, Teunis P. Sero-epidemiology as a tool to study the incidence of Salmonella infections in humans. Epidemiol Infect. 2008;136:895-902 pubmed..This trend confirms the increase in the number of culture-confirmed cases reported to the national surveillance system. ..
- Carstensen T, Frostholm L, Oernboel E, Kongsted A, Kasch H, Jensen T, et al. Post-trauma ratings of pre-collision pain and psychological distress predict poor outcome following acute whiplash trauma: a 12-month follow-up study. Pain. 2008;139:248-59 pubmed publisher..Personal characteristics before the collision are important for recovery and attention to pre-collision characteristics may contribute to the prevention of poor recovery after acute whiplash trauma. ..
- Sorensen B, Rasch V, Massawe S, Nyakina J, Elsass P, Nielsen B. Advanced life support in obstetrics (ALSO) and post-partum hemorrhage: a prospective intervention study in Tanzania. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2011;90:609-14 pubmed publisher..A two-day ALSO training course can significantly improve staff performance and reduce the incidence of PPH, at least as evaluated by short-term effects. ..
- Torp Pedersen T, Boyd H, Skotte L, Haargaard B, Wohlfahrt J, Holmes J, et al. Strabismus Incidence in a Danish Population-Based Cohort of Children. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2017;135:1047-1053 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, there have been few population-based studies of strabismus incidence conducted. Our population-based study provides valuable data for health services planning and identifying research needs...
- Nørgaard M, Larsson H, Pedersen G, Schønheyder H, Sørensen H. Risk of bacteraemia and mortality in patients with haematological malignancies. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2006;12:217-23 pubmed..Polymicrobial bacteraemia or fungaemia was associated with higher mortality. ..
- Schmiegelow M, Pedersen O, Køber L, Seibæk M, Abildstrøm S, Torp Pedersen C. Incidence of atrial fibrillation in patients with either heart failure or acute myocardial infarction and left ventricular dysfunction: a cohort study. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2011;11:19 pubmed publisher..89 for interaction). ..
- Egeberg A, Khalid U, Gislason G, Mallbris L, Skov L, Hansen P. Impact of Depression on Risk of Myocardial Infarction, Stroke and Cardiovascular Death in Patients with Psoriasis: A Danish Nationwide Study. Acta Derm Venereol. 2016;96:218-21 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in patients with psoriasis, depression is associated with increased risk of MI, stroke and cardiovascular death, especially during acute depression. ..
- Gradel K, Jensen U, SchÃ¸nheyder H, Ã˜stergaard C, Knudsen J, Wehberg S, et al. Impact of appropriate empirical antibiotic treatment on recurrence and mortality in patients with bacteraemia: a population-based cohort study. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:122 pubmed publisher..85; 95% CIâ€‰=â€‰0.70-1.02) after bacteraemia. Our data indicate that appropriate EAT is associated with reduced incidence of recurrence and lower long-term mortality following bacteraemia. ..
- Poulsen C, Peto T, Grauslund J, Green A. Epidemiologic characteristics of retinal detachment surgery at a specialized unit in Denmark. Acta Ophthalmol. 2016;94:548-55 pubmed publisher..Pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) was the preferred surgical technique, and during 2012 all RD patients were treated with PPV, independent of lens status and age. ..
- Vestergaard M, Pedersen C, Christensen J, Madsen K, Olsen J, Mortensen P. Febrile seizures and risk of schizophrenia. Schizophr Res. 2005;73:343-9 pubmed..The association may be due to a damaging effect of prolonged febrile seizures on the developing brain, shared etiological factors, or confounding by unmeasured factors. ..
- Jensen V, Beck S, Christensen K, Arnbjerg J. Quantification of the association between intervertebral disk calcification and disk herniation in Dachshunds. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2008;233:1090-5 pubmed publisher..To quantify the association between intervertebral disk calcification and disk herniation in Dachshunds...
- Brandsborg B, Dueholm M, Nikolajsen L, Kehlet H, Jensen T. A prospective study of risk factors for pain persisting 4 months after hysterectomy. Clin J Pain. 2009;25:263-8 pubmed publisher..05 and P = 0.023). Pain persisting 4 months after hysterectomy is most often related to preoperative factors and acute postoperative pain. The relative contribution of surgery itself is small. ..
- Amundsen A, Rasmussen J, Olsen B, Brorson S. Mortality after shoulder arthroplasty: 30-day, 90-day, and 1-year mortality after shoulder replacement--5853 primary operations reported to the Danish Shoulder Arthroplasty Registry. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2016;25:756-62 pubmed publisher..Pulmonary, cardiac, and abdominal causes of death were common, and for fracture patients in particular, close postoperative monitoring of pulmonary, cardiac, and abdominal conditions seems important. ..
- Egeberg A, Skov L, Joshi A, Mallbris L, Gislason G, Wu J, et al. The relationship between duration of psoriasis, vascular inflammation, and cardiovascular events. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2017;77:650-656.e3 pubmed publisher..Providers should consider inquiring about duration of disease to counsel for heightened CVD risk in psoriasis. ..
- Schmidt L, Schmiegelow K, Lahteenmaki P, Träger C, Stokland T, Grell K, et al. Incidence of childhood central nervous system tumors in the Nordic countries. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2011;56:65-9 pubmed publisher..The incidence rates of childhood CNS tumors in the Nordic countries remain among the highest in the world. The stable incidence rates during the last 22 years indicate that major changes in environmental risk factors are unlikely. ..
- Annese V, Duricova D, Gower Rousseau C, Jess T, Langholz E. Impact of New Treatments on Hospitalisation, Surgery, Infection, and Mortality in IBD: a Focus Paper by the Epidemiology Committee of ECCO. J Crohns Colitis. 2016;10:216-25 pubmed publisher..Finally, the majority of studies reported in the literature do not reveal any increase in mortality with immunosuppressant therapy or biologicals/anti-TNF agents. ..
- Jakobsen M, Overvad K, Dyerberg J, Heitmann B. Intake of ruminant trans fatty acids and risk of coronary heart disease. Int J Epidemiol. 2008;37:173-82 pubmed..The aim of this study was to describe the association between R-TFA intake and risk of CHD evaluating both the absolute and the energy-adjusted intake...
- Ahlehoff O, Gislason G, Lindhardsen J, Charlot M, Jørgensen C, Olesen J, et al. Psoriasis carries an increased risk of venous thromboembolism: a Danish nationwide cohort study. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18125 pubmed publisher..The risk was highest in young patients with severe psoriasis. Physicians should be aware that patients with psoriasis may be at increased risk of both venous and arterial thromboembolic events. ..
- Darsley M, Chakraborty S, Denearing B, Sack D, Feller A, Buchwaldt C, et al. The oral, live attenuated enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli vaccine ACE527 reduces the incidence and severity of diarrhea in a human challenge model of diarrheal disease. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2012;19:1921-31 pubmed publisher
- Lykke R, BlaakÃ¦r J, Ottesen B, Gimbel H. Age at hysterectomy as a predictor for subsequent pelvic organ prolapse repair. Int Urogynecol J. 2016;27:751-5 pubmed publisher..If POP is the indication for hysterectomy, the risk of undergoing subsequent POP surgery increases substantially. ..
- Bank S, Jensen A, Nielsen H, Kristensen L, Voldstedlund M, Prag J. Fusobacterium necrophorum findings in Denmark from 2010 to 2014 using data from the Danish microbiology database. APMIS. 2016;124:1087-1092 pubmed publisher..The incidence of F. necrophorum bacteraemia found was comparable to earlier reported figures for Lemierre's syndrome. Fusobacterium bacteraemia should always be identified to species level. ..
- Vinther Skriver M, Nørgaard M, Pedersen L, Carl Schønheyder H, Sørensen H. Pivmecillinam and adverse birth and neonatal outcomes: a population-based cohort study. Scand J Infect Dis. 2004;36:733-7 pubmed..79 (95% CI 0.38-1.68) for exposure within 28 d before delivery. Use of pivmecillinam during pregnancy did not appear to increase the risk of adverse birth and neonatal outcomes; however, statistical precision is still low. ..
- Rasmussen S, Johansen N, Witte D, Borch Johnsen K, Sandbaek A, Lauritzen T, et al. Incidence of register-based diabetes 10 years after a stepwise diabetes screening programme: the ADDITION-Denmark study. Diabetologia. 2016;59:989-97 pubmed publisher..This risk increases markedly in the presence of impaired glucose regulation. These results can inform policy recommendations concerning prevention strategies following screening. ..
- Jensen E, Schønheyder H, Lind I, Berthelsen L, Nørgård B, Sørensen H. Neisseria meningitidis phenotypic markers and septicaemia, disease progress and case-fatality rate of meningococcal disease: a 20-year population-based historical follow-up study in a Danish county. J Med Microbiol. 2003;52:173-9 pubmed..In conclusion, phenotypes B : 15 : P1.7,16 and C : 2a : P1.2,5 were predictors of an increased CFR. The high prevalence of phenotype B : 15 : P1.7,16 contributed to increased overall IR and CFR during 1990-99. ..
- Hansen S, Ersbøll A, Blom J, Jørgensen R. Preventive strategies and risk factors for milk fever in Danish dairy herds: a questionnaire survey. Prev Vet Med. 2007;80:271-86 pubmed..09). Tie stalls increased the risk of milk fever compared to loose housing systems (p=0.019). There was a significant difference in risk of milk fever between parities. The overall milk fever incidence risk was 3.0%...
- Christensen S, Pedersen L, Grijota M, Kornum J, Beiderbeck A, Sørensen H. Incidence of interstitial pneumonitis among breast cancer patients: a 10-year Danish population-based cohort study. Br J Cancer. 2008;98:1870-5 pubmed publisher..4 (95% CI: 5.7-11.9). Thus, although IP is a rare adverse event among breast cancer patients, its risk is substantially higher than that in the general population. ..