Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on inbred balb c mice in Japan
Topic: inbred balb c mice
Publications167 found, 100 shown here
- Asai S, Sato T, Tada T, Miyamoto T, Kimbara N, Motoyama N, et al. Absence of procarboxypeptidase R induces complement-mediated lethal inflammation in lipopolysaccharide-primed mice. J Immunol. 2004;173:4669-74 pubmed..Although carboxypeptidase N plays a role in inactivation of inflammatory peptides in vivo, CPR may also be important in the regulation of hyperinflammation. ..
- Yoshida C, Sogawa C, Tsuji A, Sudo H, Sugyo A, Uehara T, et al. Development of positron emission tomography imaging by 64Cu-labeled Fab for detecting ERC/mesothelin in a mesothelioma mouse model. Nucl Med Commun. 2010;31:380-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, PET using Cu-labeled Fab visualized the tumor at 6 h after injection. Cu-labeled Fab can be useful for ERC-specific PET imaging, and can thus facilitate improved diagnosis of patients with early-stage mesothelioma. ..
- Tanaka T, Terada M, Ariyoshi K, Morimoto K. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1/CC chemokine ligand 2 enhances apoptotic cell removal by macrophages through Rac1 activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;399:677-82 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that MCP-1 enhances efferocytosis in a Rac1-PI3 kinase-dependent manner. Therefore, MCP-1-Rac1-PI3K interaction plays a critical role in resolution of acute lung inflammation. ..
- Kanno M, Hasegawa M, Ishida A, Isono K, Taniguchi M. mel-18, a Polycomb group-related mammalian gene, encodes a transcriptional negative regulator with tumor suppressive activity. EMBO J. 1995;14:5672-8 pubmed..We also demonstrate that mel-18 has tumor suppressor activity, in contrast to bmi-1, which has been defined as a proto-oncogene. ..
- Kurooka H, Kato K, Minoguchi S, Takahashi Y, Ikeda J, Habu S, et al. Cloning and characterization of the nucleoredoxin gene that encodes a novel nuclear protein related to thioredoxin. Genomics. 1997;39:331-9 pubmed
- Nomura M, Nakajima I, Matsuzaki M, Kimoto H, Suzuki I, Aso H. The N-terminal sequence of Lactococcus lactis phosphoglucose isomerase purified by affinity chromatography differs from the other species. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1997;341:315-20 pubmed..lactis PGI exhibited no significant similarity to other PGIs, except for a 52.6% identity to Bacillus stearothermophilus PGI A and PGI B. These results suggest that there might be some molecular types of PGI. ..
- Takagi T, Harada J, Ishii S. Murine Schnurri-2 is required for positive selection of thymocytes. Nat Immunol. 2001;2:1048-53 pubmed..These data raised the possibility that the Smad-Shn-2 complex is involved in the thymic selection of T cells. ..
- Takeno M, Yoshikawa H, Kurokawa M, Takeba Y, Kashiwakura J, Sakaguchi M, et al. Th1-dominant shift of T cell cytokine production, and subsequent reduction of serum immunoglobulin E response by administration in vivo of plasmid expressing Txk/Rlk, a member of Tec family tyrosine kinases, in a mouse model. Clin Exp Allergy. 2004;34:965-70 pubmed..Furthermore, txk administration reduced ovalbumin (OVA)-specific IgE levels in sera of the OVA sensitized mice. Thus, Txk enhances IFN-gamma secretion and thus modulates Th1/Th2 cytokine balance, leading to reduction of serum IgE. ..
- Ishida T, Hatae T, Nishi N, Araki N. Soluble megalin is accumulated in the lumen of the rat endolymphatic sac. Cell Struct Funct. 2006;31:77-85 pubmed..Since the cochlea is connected to the ES, the megalin may be transported alone or with the components of the tectorial membrane from the cochlea to the ES lumen through longitudinal flow...
- Tumurkhuu G, Koide N, Dagvadorj J, Noman A, Khuda I, Naiki Y, et al. B1 cells produce nitric oxide in response to a series of toll-like receptor ligands. Cell Immunol. 2010;261:122-7 pubmed publisher..Physiologic peritoneal B1 cells also produced NO via the iNOS expression in response to LPS. The immunological significance of TLR ligands-induced NO production in B1 cells is discussed. ..
- Nakagawa Y, Kakimi K, Ling W, Kubo Y, Higo K, Masuda T, et al. Inhibition of murine AIDS (MAIDS), development by the transplantation of bone marrow cells carrying the Fv-4 resistance gene to MAIDS virus-infected mice. J Virol. 1994;68:1438-41 pubmed
- Kuno K, Kanada N, Nakashima E, Fujiki F, Ichimura F, Matsushima K. Molecular cloning of a gene encoding a new type of metalloproteinase-disintegrin family protein with thrombospondin motifs as an inflammation associated gene. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:556-62 pubmed..These data suggest that ADAM-TS-1 may be a gene whose expression is associated with various inflammatory processes as well as development of cancer cachexia. ..
- Moriyama H, Yamamoto T, Takatsuka H, Umezu H, Tokunaga K, Nagano T, et al. Expression of macrophage colony-stimulating factor and its receptor in hepatic granulomas of Kupffer-cell-depleted mice. Am J Pathol. 1997;150:2047-60 pubmed..The local production and consumption of M-CSF in the liver may play a crucial role in granulomatous inflammation. ..
- Kumanogoh A, Wang X, Lee I, Watanabe C, Kamanaka M, Shi W, et al. Increased T cell autoreactivity in the absence of CD40-CD40 ligand interactions: a role of CD40 in regulatory T cell development. J Immunol. 2001;166:353-60 pubmed..Collectively, our results indicate that CD40-CD40L interactions contribute to negative regulation of T cell autoreactivity and that defective interactions can lead to autoimmunity. ..
- Yasui F, Kai C, Kitabatake M, Inoue S, Yoneda M, Yokochi S, et al. Prior immunization with severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)-associated coronavirus (SARS-CoV) nucleocapsid protein causes severe pneumonia in mice infected with SARS-CoV. J Immunol. 2008;181:6337-48 pubmed..These findings increase our understanding of the pathogenesis of SARS...
- Emoto M, Naito T, Nakamura R, Yoshikai Y. Different appearance of gamma delta T cells during salmonellosis between Ityr and Itys mice. J Immunol. 1993;150:3411-20 pubmed..These results suggest that the Ity locus may be closely related to the expression of hsp by macrophages after infection with Salmonella, which in turn stimulate the gamma delta T cells in the host during an early phase of salmonellosis. ..
- Kato T, Kawai S, Nakano K, Inaba H, Kuboniwa M, Nakagawa I, et al. Virulence of Porphyromonas gingivalis is altered by substitution of fimbria gene with different genotype. Cell Microbiol. 2007;9:753-65 pubmed publisher..In a mouse abscess model, the type II clones significantly induced serum IL-1beta and IL-6, as well as other infectious symptoms. These results suggest that type II fimbriae are a critical determinant of P. gingivalis virulence...
- Kojima T, Fukuda M, Watanabe Y, Hamazato F, Mikoshiba K. Characterization of the pleckstrin homology domain of Btk as an inositol polyphosphate and phosphoinositide binding domain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;236:333-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that certain inositol phosphates and/or phosphoinositides are physiological ligands of some Tec family kinases and that Tec family members are differently regulated by inositol molecules. ..
- Ogonuki N, Mochida K, Miki H, Inoue K, Fray M, Iwaki T, et al. Spermatozoa and spermatids retrieved from frozen reproductive organs or frozen whole bodies of male mice can produce normal offspring. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:13098-103 pubmed..Thus, freezing of either male reproductive organs or whole bodies is the simplest way to preserve male germ cells. Restoration of extinct species could be possible if male individuals are found in permafrost. ..
- Maruyama H, Tamauchi H, Iizuka M, Nakano T. The role of NK cells in antitumor activity of dietary fucoidan from Undaria pinnatifida sporophylls (Mekabu). Planta Med. 2006;72:1415-7 pubmed..Thus, these findings suggested that Mekabu fucoidan mediates tumor destruction through Th1 cell and NK cell responses...
- Tamaoki N. The rasH2 transgenic mouse: nature of the model and mechanistic studies on tumorigenesis. Toxicol Pathol. 2001;29 Suppl:81-9 pubmed..Increased transgene expression was independent of the mutation rate in transgenic and endogenous ras genes. These observations suggest that the overexpression of transgenic c-Ha-ras is responsible for accelerated tumor development. ..
- Kasahara A, Ishikawa K, Yamaoka M, Ito M, Watanabe N, Akimoto M, et al. Generation of trans-mitochondrial mice carrying homoplasmic mtDNAs with a missense mutation in a structural gene using ES cells. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:871-81 pubmed
- Suto J, Yamanaka H, Sekikawa K. Genetic analysis of neonatal death with growth retardation in F(1) male Dh/+ mice. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:777-83 pubmed..These data suggest that there are at least two functional types of Y Chr in Mus musculus musculus. ..
- Hotomi M, Ikeda Y, Suzumoto M, Yamauchi K, Green B, Zlotnick G, et al. A recombinant P4 protein of Haemophilus influenzae induces specific immune responses biologically active against nasopharyngeal colonization in mice after intranasal immunization. Vaccine. 2005;23:1294-300 pubmed..The use of an intranasal vaccine composed of the different surface protein antigens is an attractive strategy for the development of a vaccine against NTHi. ..
- Nagai Y, Kobayashi T, Motoi Y, Ishiguro K, Akashi S, Saitoh S, et al. The radioprotective 105/MD-1 complex links TLR2 and TLR4/MD-2 in antibody response to microbial membranes. J Immunol. 2005;174:7043-9 pubmed..These results demonstrate that a signal via RP105 is uniquely important for regulating TLR-dependent Ab production to microbial membranes. ..
- Yamashita M, Ino A, Kawabata K, Sakurai F, Mizuguchi H. Expression of coxsackie and adenovirus receptor reduces the lung metastatic potential of murine tumor cells. Int J Cancer. 2007;121:1690-6 pubmed..CAR expression reduced expression of alpha(v), alpha(4), beta(3) and beta(1) integrin, which play important roles in attachment to cells or basement membrane. Thus, CAR expression likely acts as a metastatic suppressor. ..
- Fukuyama T, Tajima Y, Ueda H, Hayashi K, Shutoh Y, Harada T, et al. Allergic reaction induced by dermal and/or respiratory exposure to low-dose phenoxyacetic acid, organophosphorus, and carbamate pesticides. Toxicology. 2009;261:152-61 pubmed publisher..As our protocol detected classified allergic responses to low-molecular-weight chemicals, it thus may be useful for detecting environmental chemical-related allergy...
- Ehira N, Oshiumi H, Matsumoto M, Kondo T, Asaka M, Seya T. An embryo-specific expressing TGF-? family protein, growth-differentiation factor 3 (GDF3), augments progression of B16 melanoma. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2010;29:135 pubmed publisher..Finally, our results support the view that GDF3 has the ability to induce progression of CD24-inducible melanoma in mice. ..
- Okumoto M, Nishikawa R, Imai S, Hilgers J. Genetic analysis of resistance to radiation lymphomagenesis with recombinant inbred strains of mice. Cancer Res. 1990;50:3848-50 pubmed
- Kiriyama Y, Tsuchiya H, Murakami T, Satoh K, Tokumitsu Y. Calcitonin induces IL-6 production via both PKA and PKC pathways in the pituitary folliculo-stellate cell line. Endocrinology. 2001;142:3563-9 pubmed..These results show that calcitonin-stimulated IL-6 production is mediated via both PKA- and PKC-signaling pathways, whereas calcitonin also suppresses IL-6 production by activating G(i)/G(o) proteins in folliculo-stellate cells. ..
- Nagano I, Wu Z, Takahashi Y. Species-specific antibody responses to the recombinant 53-kilodalton excretory and secretory proteins in mice infected with Trichinella spp. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2008;15:468-73 pubmed publisher..britovi, T. nativa, T. pseudospiralis, or T. papuae, respectively. These results showed that the 53-kDa recombinant proteins provide early and species-specific antibody responses in mice infected with Trichinella spp. ..
- Tsudo M, Kitamura F, Miyasaka M. Characterization of the interleukin 2 receptor beta chain using three distinct monoclonal antibodies. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:1982-6 pubmed..The beta chain was found to be constitutively expressed without the alpha chain on the surface of peripheral blood Leu-19+ natural killer cells. ..
- Lipigorngoson S, Limtrakul P, Suttajit M, Yoshizawa T. In-house direct cELISA for determining aflatoxin B1 in Thai corn and peanuts. Food Addit Contam. 2003;20:838-45 pubmed..Mean levels of AFB(1) (per cent positive) were 73 microg kg(-1) (85.7%) in corn and 102 microg kg(-1) (67.9%) in peanuts, for which 46.4% of both foods were above the Thailand regulation limit (20 microg kg(-1)). ..
- Nagano I, Wu Z, Takahashi Y. Molecular cloning and characterization of an Rcd1-like protein in excretory-secretory products of Trichinella pseudospiralis. Parasitology. 2006;133:785-92 pubmed..An immunocytochemical study showed that the Tp8 protein was present within the stichocyte of muscle larvae and adults worms. ..
- Ebihara M, Hattori M, Yoshida T. Distinctly different sensitivity in the induction and reversal of anergy of Th1 and Th2 cells. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2007;71:130-7 pubmed..Our findings indicate that the induction and reversal of T cell anergy might be affected by the distinct signaling features of Th1 and Th2 cells. ..
- Takechi H, Hirayoshi K, Nakai A, Kudo H, Saga S, Nagata K. Molecular cloning of a mouse 47-kDa heat-shock protein (HSP47), a collagen-binding stress protein, and its expression during the differentiation of F9 teratocarcinoma cells. Eur J Biochem. 1992;206:323-9 pubmed..These results suggested that HSP47 was closely related to collagens in terms of its expression as well as in its functional relevance. ..
- Hayashi Y, Hamano H, Haneji N, Ishimaru N, Yanagi K. Biased T cell receptor V beta gene usage during specific stages of the development of autoimmune sialadenitis in the MRL/lpr mouse model of Sjögren's syndrome. Arthritis Rheum. 1995;38:1077-84 pubmed
- Sato Y, Nakao M, Nakaya K, Ito A. Experimental infection of larval Echinococcus multilocularis in the rodent brain as a model for cerebral alveolar echinococcosis. J Helminthol. 1998;72:59-64 pubmed..Jirds were also found to be infected with metacestodes in the cranial cavity, but neither unusual behaviour nor establishment of cysts inside the brain was observed in jirds during the course of infection. ..
- Ishida Y, Kondo T, Ohshima T, Fujiwara H, Iwakura Y, Mukaida N. A pivotal involvement of IFN-gamma in the pathogenesis of acetaminophen-induced acute liver injury. FASEB J. 2002;16:1227-36 pubmed..Moreover, immunoneutralization of IFN-gamma may be therapeutically effective for developing APAP-induced liver injury. ..
- Kaneko K, Hineno A, Yoshida K, Ikeda S. Increased vulnerability to rotenone-induced neurotoxicity in ceruloplasmin-deficient mice. Neurosci Lett. 2008;446:56-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Cp may protect neuronal cells from oxidative stress-induced neurodegeneration. ..
- Enomoto M, Noguchi S, Hattori M, Sugiyama H, Suzuki Y, Hanaoka A, et al. Oral administration of Lactobacillus plantarum NRIC0380 suppresses IgE production and induces CD4(+)CD25(+)Foxp3(+) cells in vivo. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:457-60 pubmed..The ratio of CD4(+)CD25(+)Foxp3(+) cells in whole CD4(+) cells was significantly higher in both Peyer's patch and the spleen of mice that had been fed with LAB than in the control mice. ..
- Harada K, Yamagishi H. Lack of feedback inhibition of V kappa gene rearrangement by productively rearranged alleles. J Exp Med. 1991;173:409-15 pubmed..An unusually large trinucleotide (P) insertion forming a palindrome of 12 nucleotides was also observed in one of the coding joints. ..
- Tsumura H, Kawano M, Tajima M, Kusaura T, Kozuka Y, Yoshimura S, et al. Isolation and characterization of monoclonal antibodies directed against murine FRP-1/CD98/4F2 heavy chain: murine FRP-1 is an alloantigen and amino acid change at 129 (P<-->R) is related to the alloantigenicity. Immunol Cell Biol. 1999;77:19-27 pubmed
- Osakabe N, Yasuda A, Natsume M, Sanbongi C, Kato Y, Osawa T, et al. Rosmarinic acid, a major polyphenolic component of Perilla frutescens, reduces lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced liver injury in D-galactosamine (D-GalN)-sensitized mice. Free Radic Biol Med. 2002;33:798-806 pubmed..These results suggest that the liver protection of RA is due to the scavenging or reducing activities-superoxide or peroxynitirite rather than to inhibition of TNF-alpha production...
- Fujimoto S. Schedule-dependent antitumor activity and toxicity of combinations of 5-fluorouracil and cisplatin/carboplatin against L1210 leukemia-bearing mice. Biol Pharm Bull. 2006;29:2260-6 pubmed
- Kamata Y, Miyanomae A, Nakayama E, Miyanomae T, Tajima T, Hoshi H. Characterization of dog allergens Can f 1 and Can f 2. 1. Preparation of their recombinant proteins and antibodies. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2007;142:291-300 pubmed..The significance of dog skin as the tissue producing dog allergens, especially Can f 2, should be considered in further studies. ..
- Fukushima A, Sumi T, Ishida W, Ojima A, Kajisako M, Koyanagi A, et al. Notch ligand Delta-like4 inhibits the development of murine experimental allergic conjunctivitis. Immunol Lett. 2008;121:140-7 pubmed publisher..To investigate the involvement of Notch ligands in the development of experimental allergic conjunctivitis (EC) in mice...
- Saha A, Ueno K, Ohmori S, Igarashi T, Kitagawa H. Effects of heptaminol AMP amidate on suppressor and helper function of murine T cells. Jpn J Pharmacol. 1988;48:417-22 pubmed..The present results suggested that HAA-mediated immunopotentiation was possible by a combined suppressive effect on Ts cells and enhancing effect on Th cells...
- Kishi F, Suminami Y, Monaco J. Genomic organization of the mouse Lmp-2 gene and characteristic structure of its promoter. Gene. 1993;133:243-8 pubmed..The Lmp-2 sequence from a non-obese diabetic (NOD) mouse, a model animal for autoimmune diabetes, was compared with that from a Balb/c mouse. ..
- Suguri T, Kikuta A, Iwagaki H, Yoshino T, Tanaka N, Orita K. Increased plasma GlyCAM-1, a mouse L-selectin ligand, in response to an inflammatory stimulus. J Leukoc Biol. 1996;60:593-7 pubmed..These findings show that GlyCAM-1 release is enhanced by inflammatory stimulation and also suggest that released plasma GlyCAM-1 may trap, at least in part, soluble L-selectin shed from stimulated leukocytes to neutralize each other. ..
- Takeda A, Takatsuka K, Connor J, Oku N. Abnormal iron delivery to the bone marrow in neonatal hypotransferrinemic mice. Biometals. 2002;15:33-6 pubmed..However, the iron seems to be unavailable for the production of hemoglobin. These results suggest that transferrin-dependent iron uptake by erythroid cells in the bone marrow is essential for the development of erythrocytes...
- Okamoto S, Tamura Y, Terao Y, Hamada S, Kawabata S. Systemic immunization with streptococcal immunoglobulin-binding protein Sib 35 induces protective immunity against group: a Streptococcus challenge in mice. Vaccine. 2005;23:4852-9 pubmed..Immunization with Sib 35 enhanced survival rates in mice challenged with a GAS strain, while exhibiting no toxicity in hosts. We conclude that Sib 35 is a promising vaccine for prevention of GAS infections. ..
- Terada M, Tsutsui H, Imai Y, Yasuda K, Mizutani H, Yamanishi K, et al. Contribution of IL-18 to atopic-dermatitis-like skin inflammation induced by Staphylococcus aureus product in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:8816-21 pubmed..il18-/-BALB/c mice similarly evaded SDS/SpA-induced AD. Thus, IL-18 might be important for the development of infection-associated AD by induction of IL-3 from super Th1 cells. ..
- Higashiyama H, Kinoshita M, Asano S. Immunolocalization of farnesoid X receptor (FXR) in mouse tissues using tissue microarray. Acta Histochem. 2008;110:86-93 pubmed
- Sakamoto K, Asanuma H, Nakamura T, Kanno T, Sata T, Katano H. Immune response to intranasal and intraperitoneal immunization with Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus in mice. Vaccine. 2010;28:3325-32 pubmed publisher..The serum and nasal wash fluid of KSHV-encoded K8.1 protein-immunized mice neutralized KSHV infection to 293 cells in vitro. These data suggest a possibility of mucosal vaccine for prophylaxis of KSHV infection. ..
- Naito M, Hayashi S, Yoshida H, Nishikawa S, Shultz L, Takahashi K. Abnormal differentiation of tissue macrophage populations in 'osteopetrosis' (op) mice defective in the production of macrophage colony-stimulating factor. Am J Pathol. 1991;139:657-67 pubmed..This suggests that an M-CSF-independent population of macrophages is derived from granulocyte/macrophage-colony-forming cells (GM-CFC) or earlier hematopoietic progenitors. ..
- Ono J, Harada K, Takahashi M, Maeda M, Ikenaka K, Sakurai K, et al. Differentiation between dysmyelination and demyelination using magnetic resonance diffusional anisotropy. Brain Res. 1995;671:141-8 pubmed..It is further suggested that this MR diffusion-weighted imaging method enables us to differentiate hypomyelination from demyelination in vivo. ..
- Nakagawa S, Fukata Y, Nagata H, Miyake M, Hama T. The decreased immune responses in macular mouse, a model of Menkes' kinky hair disease. Res Commun Chem Pathol Pharmacol. 1993;79:61-73 pubmed..The percentage of Thy-1.2-positive cells (T cell) was decreased, and the decrease was most prominent with the L3/T4-positive T cell (helper T cell) subset. ..
- Hasegawa H, Yoshida M, Kobayashi Y, Fujita S. Antigenic analysis of Japanese encephalitis viruses in Asia by using monoclonal antibodies. Vaccine. 1995;13:1713-21 pubmed..The KE093 strain isolated from Thailand in 1983 showed immunologically outstanding difference from other strains...
- Kawachi Y, Nakauchi H, Otsuka F. Isolation of a cDNA encoding a tyrosine kinase expressed in murine skin. Exp Dermatol. 1997;6:140-6 pubmed..These evidences suggest that PTK70 may be involved in proliferation or differentiation of keratinocytes in the skin. ..
- Tsuji H, Mukaida N, Harada A, Kaneko S, Matsushita E, Nakanuma Y, et al. Alleviation of lipopolysaccharide-induced acute liver injury in Propionibacterium acnes-primed IFN-gamma-deficient mice by a concomitant reduction of TNF-alpha, IL-12, and IL-18 production. J Immunol. 1999;162:1049-55 pubmed..Thus, endogenously produced IFN-gamma is involved in the pathogenesis of this liver injury model by regulating Mphi infiltration and granuloma formation in the priming phase as well as cytokine production in the eliciting phase. ..
- Mori T, Kawara S, Shinozaki M, Hayashi N, Kakinuma T, Igarashi A, et al. Role and interaction of connective tissue growth factor with transforming growth factor-beta in persistent fibrosis: A mouse fibrosis model. J Cell Physiol. 1999;181:153-9 pubmed..The animal model on skin fibrosis by exogenous application of growth factors developed in this study may prove useful for future studies on fibrotic disorders. ..
- Yan L, Miyake S, Okamura H. Distribution and circadian expression of dbp in SCN and extra-SCN areas in the mouse brain. J Neurosci Res. 2000;59:291-5 pubmed..These findings indicate that the circadian expression profile of dbp in the extra-SCN brain areas is different from that in the SCN. ..
- Zhao Z, Wakita T, Yasui K. Inoculation of plasmids encoding Japanese encephalitis virus PrM-E proteins with colloidal gold elicits a protective immune response in BALB/c mice. J Virol. 2003;77:4248-60 pubmed..DNA immunization with colloidal gold elicited encoded protein expression in splenocytes and might enhance immune responses in intravenously inoculated mice. This approach could be exploited to develop a novel DNA vaccine. ..
- Myronovych A, Murata S, Chiba M, Matsuo R, Ikeda O, Watanabe M, et al. Role of platelets on liver regeneration after 90% hepatectomy in mice. J Hepatol. 2008;49:363-72 pubmed publisher..Under the thrombocytotic condition, liver regeneration occurred even in 90% hepatectomized mice. Platelets contribute to cell cycle progression and metabolic pathways in addition to preventing acute liver failure. ..
- Ueda K, Yamamoto S, Ohtsuka Y, Machii K, Yamazaki S, Saito H. Naturally occurring Mycobacterium scrofulaceum infection in a laboratory mouse colony. Jikken Dobutsu. 1992;41:339-47 pubmed..Some of the bacillus-carrying mice developed serum antibody to M. scrofulaceum of IgG and IgA classes and gave a low degree of hypersensitivity to PPD from M. tuberculosis. ..
- Hayashi T, Notkins A. Clearance of LDH-5 from the circulation of inbred mice correlates with binding to macrophages. Int J Exp Pathol. 1994;75:165-8 pubmed..The rate at which LDH-5 is cleared from the circulation correlates with the degree of binding to macrophages. These findings suggest that the binding of LDH-5 to macrophages may serve as an in-vitro index of enzyme clearance...
- Hashiyama M, Iwama A, Ohshiro K, Kurozumi K, Yasunaga K, Shimizu Y, et al. Predominant expression of a receptor tyrosine kinase, TIE, in hematopoietic stem cells and B cells. Blood. 1996;87:93-101 pubmed..Although its ligand has not been identified, TIE and its ligand may establish a novel regulatory pathway not only in early hematopoiesis, but also in the differentiation and/or proliferation of B cells. ..
- Islam M, Miyoshi T, Tsuji N. Vaccination with recombinant Ascaris suum 24-kilodalton antigen induces a Th1/Th2-mixed type immune response and confers high levels of protection against challenged Ascaris suum lung-stage infection in BALB/c mice. Int J Parasitol. 2005;35:1023-30 pubmed..These findings may contribute to the understanding of rAs24-induced Th1/Th2-mediated effector mechanisms required for the protection of A. suum lung-stage larval infection...
- Yoshimoto M, Kinuya S, Kawashima A, Nishii R, Yokoyama K, Kawai K. Radioiodinated VEGF to image tumor angiogenesis in a LS180 tumor xenograft model. Nucl Med Biol. 2006;33:963-9 pubmed..Radioiodinated VEGF(121) is a promising tracer for noninvasive delineation of angiogenesis in vivo. ..
- Maekawa T, Shinagawa T, Sano Y, Sakuma T, Nomura S, Nagasaki K, et al. Reduced levels of ATF-2 predispose mice to mammary tumors. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:1730-44 pubmed..Thus, ATF-2 acts as a tumor susceptibility gene of mammary tumors, at least partly, by activating a group of target genes, including Maspin and Gadd45alpha. ..
- Nakagome K, Okunishi K, Imamura M, Harada H, Matsumoto T, Tanaka R, et al. IFN-gamma attenuates antigen-induced overall immune response in the airway as a Th1-type immune regulatory cytokine. J Immunol. 2009;183:209-20 pubmed publisher..They also suggest that delivery of IFN-gamma could be an effective strategy for regulating Ag-induced immune responses in the lung. ..
- Yamagoe S, Watanabe T, Mizuno S, Suzuki K. The mouse Lect2 gene: cloning of cDNA and genomic DNA, structural characterization and chromosomal localization. Gene. 1998;216:171-8 pubmed..The mouse Lect2 gene was mapped to a region adjacent to D13Mit13, D13Mit21 and Il-9 on chromosome 13 by interspecific backcross mapping. ..
- Oshiman K, Fujimiya Y, Ebina T, Suzuki I, Noji M. Orally administered beta-1,6-D-polyglucose extracted from Agaricus blazei results in tumor regression in tumor-bearing mice. Planta Med. 2002;68:610-4 pubmed..Thus, simple acid hydrolysis of natural products may not only bring measurable benefits in oncological practice, but may also be a useful general formulation for natural products for oral chemotherapy. ..
- Miyazaki S, Igarashi M, Nagata A, Tominaga Y, Onodera K, Komoda T. Development of immunoassays for type-5 tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase in human serum. Clin Chim Acta. 2003;329:109-15 pubmed..5 and 6.1 in ISEA. The present findings suggest that our assay methods are applicable for clinical tests, and strengthen the idea that serum TRAP is useful as a marker for bone resorption. ..
- Ishitani A, Sageshima N, Lee N, Dorofeeva N, Hatake K, Marquardt H, et al. Protein expression and peptide binding suggest unique and interacting functional roles for HLA-E, F, and G in maternal-placental immune recognition. J Immunol. 2003;171:1376-84 pubmed
- Katakai T, Hara T, Sugai M, Gonda H, Shimizu A. Th1-biased tertiary lymphoid tissue supported by CXC chemokine ligand 13-producing stromal network in chronic lesions of autoimmune gastritis. J Immunol. 2003;171:4359-68 pubmed..These neolymphoid tissues may maintain the local self reactivity supporting the vicious cycle of Th1-type reaction as well as autoantibody production. ..
- Takagi H, Hiroi T, Yang L, Tada Y, Yuki Y, Takamura K, et al. A rice-based edible vaccine expressing multiple T cell epitopes induces oral tolerance for inhibition of Th2-mediated IgE responses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:17525-30 pubmed..These results indicate the potential of transgenic rice seeds in production and mucosal delivery of allergen-specific T cell epitope peptides for the induction of oral tolerance to pollen allergens. ..
- Shimizu T, Yamagishi H. Biased reading frames of pre-existing DH--JH coding joints and preferential nucleotide insertions at VH--DJH signal joints of excision products of immunoglobulin heavy chain gene rearrangements. EMBO J. 1992;11:4869-75 pubmed..These differences in N region insertions at the signal joints suggest a differential control of the D--J and V--DJ rearrangements. ..
- Sugita T, Totsuka T, Saito M, Yamasaki K, Taga T, Hirano T, et al. Functional murine interleukin 6 receptor with the intracisternal A particle gene product at its cytoplasmic domain. Its possible role in plasmacytomagenesis. J Exp Med. 1990;171:2001-9 pubmed..Since IL-6 functions as a potent growth factor for murine plasmacytomas, over-expression of abnormal IL-6-R may function as a positive selection element for the development of certain plasmacytomas. ..
- Ono S, Minami N, Abe H, Obinata T. Characterization of a novel cofilin isoform that is predominantly expressed in mammalian skeletal muscle. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:15280-6 pubmed..The presence of the muscle type isoform of cofilin strongly suggests that cofilin is deeply involved in the regulation of actin function not only in non-muscle cells but also in muscle cells. ..
- Kuzumaki T, Matsuda A, Ito K, Ishikawa K. Cell adhesion to substratum and activation of tyrosine kinases are essentially required for G1/S phase transition in BALB/c 3T3 fibroblasts. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1310:185-92 pubmed..These results suggest that cell adhesion to substratum plays an important role in the G1/S phase transition of mouse BALB/c 3T3 fibroblasts through the activation of tyrosine kinases other than growth factor receptor-tyrosine kinases. ..
- Takumi T, Matsubara C, Shigeyoshi Y, Taguchi K, Yagita K, Maebayashi Y, et al. A new mammalian period gene predominantly expressed in the suprachiasmatic nucleus. Genes Cells. 1998;3:167-76 pubmed..Mammalian period genes show molecular heterogeneity, each of which is composed of a different oscillator, and may serve to establish stable circadian rhythms in mammalian oscillating cells. ..
- Tsuji R, Kawikova I, Ramabhadran R, Akahira Azuma M, Taub D, Hugli T, et al. Early local generation of C5a initiates the elicitation of contact sensitivity by leading to early T cell recruitment. J Immunol. 2000;165:1588-98 pubmed
- Koike E, Takano H, Inoue K, Yanagisawa R. Accelerated differentiation of bone marrow-derived dendritic cells in atopic prone mice. Int Immunopharmacol. 2008;8:1737-43 pubmed publisher..The enhancement of differentiation and function of DC caused by genetic background may be related, at least partly, to the induction or aggravation of allergic/atopic diseases. ..
- Akao Y, Marukawa O, Morikawa H, Nakao K, Kamei M, Hachiya T, et al. The rck/p54 candidate proto-oncogene product is a 54-kilodalton D-E-A-D box protein differentially expressed in human and mouse tissues. Cancer Res. 1995;55:3444-9 pubmed..In addition, the rck/p54 protein was localized to cytoplasm by immunostaining with the use of laser microscopy and by subcellular fractionation. ..
- Matsui M, Moriya O, Yoshimoto T, Akatsuka T. T-bet is required for protection against vaccinia virus infection. J Virol. 2005;79:12798-806 pubmed
- Murata S, Matsuo R, Ikeda O, Myronovych A, Watanabe M, Hisakura K, et al. Platelets promote liver regeneration under conditions of Kupffer cell depletion after hepatectomy in mice. World J Surg. 2008;32:1088-96 pubmed publisher..Platelets promote liver regeneration even under condition of Kupffer cell depletion by stimulating hepatocyte growth factor and insulin-like growth factor-1 expression, and they activate Akt. ..
- Ban F, Asano S, Ozawa S, Eda H, Norman J, Stroop W, et al. Analysis of herpes simplex virus type 1 restriction fragment length polymorphism variants associated with herpes gladiatorum and Kaposi's varicelliform eruption in sumo wrestlers. J Gen Virol. 2008;89:2410-5 pubmed publisher..These data indicated that reactivation and transmission of latent HSV-1 infections, especially BgK(L), occurred frequently among wrestlers and was caused by severe skin damage. These results support the BgK(L) dispersion hypothesis...
- Kaisho T, Ishikawa J, Oritani K, Inazawa J, Tomizawa H, Muraoka O, et al. BST-1, a surface molecule of bone marrow stromal cell lines that facilitates pre-B-cell growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:5325-9 pubmed