Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on in United States
Locale: United States
Publications445 found, 100 shown here
- Brown J, Block C, Malenka D, O Connor G, Schoolwerth A, Thompson C. Sodium bicarbonate plus N-acetylcysteine prophylaxis: a meta-analysis. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2009;2:1116-24 pubmed publisher..We sought to conduct a meta-analysis to compare N-acetylcysteine (NAC) in combination with sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO(3)) for the prevention of contrast-induced acute kidney injury (AKI)...
- LaFranchi S. Newborn screening strategies for congenital hypothyroidism: an update. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2010;33:S225-33 pubmed publisher..Lastly, a lower TSH cutoff appears to be one of the explanations for the recently described increased incidence of CH. ..
- Ghoshal S, Trivedi D, Graf G, Loftin C. Cyclooxygenase-2 deficiency attenuates adipose tissue differentiation and inflammation in mice. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:889-98 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that reduced adiposity in COX-2-deficient mice results from attenuated PPAR? ligand production and adipocyte differentiation. ..
- Shrestha K, Borowski A, Troughton R, Thomas J, Klein A, Tang W. Renal dysfunction is a stronger determinant of systemic neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin levels than myocardial dysfunction in systolic heart failure. J Card Fail. 2011;17:472-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings did not support any prognostic significance or relationship between systemic NGAL levels and indices of cardiac structure and function after adjustment for underlying renal function. ..
- Schlatzer D, Maahs D, Chance M, Dazard J, Li X, Hazlett F, et al. Novel urinary protein biomarkers predicting the development of microalbuminuria and renal function decline in type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2012;35:549-55 pubmed publisher..841 to 0.889. A panel of four novel protein biomarkers predicted early renal damage in type 1 diabetes. These findings require further validation in other populations for prediction of renal complications and treatment monitoring. ..
- Prasad A, Gossl M, Hoyt J, Lennon R, Polk L, Simari R, et al. Remote ischemic preconditioning immediately before percutaneous coronary intervention does not impact myocardial necrosis, inflammatory response, and circulating endothelial progenitor cell counts: a single center randomized sham controlled trial. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2013;81:930-6 pubmed publisher..1% versus 13.7% (P = 0.90). Our study indicates that remote IP immediately before PCI does not induce cardioprotection in low to moderate risk patients. ..
- Robinson C, Wagner C, Hollis B, Baatz J, Johnson D. Association of maternal vitamin D and placenta growth factor with the diagnosis of early onset severe preeclampsia. Am J Perinatol. 2013;30:167-72 pubmed publisher..001 for both markers). PlGF and 25-OH-D are both associated with the diagnosis of EOSPE. These biomarkers may be helpful in development of novel rapid diagnostic tests for preeclampsia. ..
- Sharma A, Singh K, Almasan A. Histone H2AX phosphorylation: a marker for DNA damage. Methods Mol Biol. 2012;920:613-26 pubmed publisher..This chapter describes a few standard protocols that we have successfully used in our laboratory for a number of experimental systems, primarily hematologic and epithelial cells grown in culture. ..
- Sher T, Hayman S, Gertz M. Treatment of primary systemic amyloidosis (AL): role of intensive and standard therapy. Clin Adv Hematol Oncol. 2012;10:644-51 pubmed..Newer agents such as bortezomib and lenalidomide have shown promising activity and are being evaluated as part of combination regimens in clinical trials. ..
- Bejjani A, Choi M, Cassidy L, Collins D, O Brien J, Murray T, et al. RB116: an RB1+ retinoblastoma cell line expressing primitive markers. Mol Vis. 2012;18:2805-13 pubmed..Further studies on the phenotypes of both RB1-positive and RB1-negative human RB cells may be important in assessing differentiation potential of these cells, as well as designing targeted differentiation therapies. ..
- Holers V. Autoimmunity to citrullinated proteins and the initiation of rheumatoid arthritis. Curr Opin Immunol. 2013;25:728-35 pubmed publisher..Herein is described a model in which to consider how these two features are linked during very early disease development. ..
- Himmelfarb J, Ikizler T, Ellis C, Wu P, Shintani A, Dalal S, et al. Provision of antioxidant therapy in hemodialysis (PATH): a randomized clinical trial. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014;25:623-33 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the administration of mixed tocopherols and ALA was generally safe and well tolerated, but did not influence biomarkers of inflammation and oxidative stress or the erythropoietic response. ..
- Klein R, Myers C, Cruickshanks K, Gangnon R, Danforth L, Sivakumaran T, et al. Markers of inflammation, oxidative stress, and endothelial dysfunction and the 20-year cumulative incidence of early age-related macular degeneration: the Beaver Dam Eye Study. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2014;132:446-55 pubmed publisher..Even if inflammatory processes are a cause of early AMD, it is not known whether interventions that reduce systemic inflammatory processes will reduce the incidence of early AMD. ..
- Nezami B, Mwangi S, Lee J, Jeppsson S, Anitha M, Yarandi S, et al. MicroRNA 375 mediates palmitate-induced enteric neuronal damage and high-fat diet-induced delayed intestinal transit in mice. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:473-83.e3 pubmed publisher..This effect is mediated by Mir375 and is associated with reduced levels of Pdk1. Mir375 might be targeted to increase survival of enteric neurons and gastrointestinal motility. ..
- Prayoonwiwat N, Rodriguez M. The potential for oligodendrocyte proliferation during demyelinating disease. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 1993;52:55-63 pubmed..These experiments support the hypothesis that factors within a demyelinating lesion promote the proliferation and differentiation of cells within the oligodendroglial lineage. ..
- Markushin Y, Kapke P, Saeed M, Zhang H, Dawoud A, Rogan E, et al. Development of monoclonal antibodies to 4-hydroxyestrogen-2-N-acetylcysteine conjugates: immunoaffinity and spectroscopic studies. Chem Res Toxicol. 2005;18:1520-7 pubmed..Femtomole detection limits have been demonstrated. Future prospects in clinical diagnostics for testing human exposure to CEQ by urine analysis are briefly addressed. ..
- Wiederhold N, Najvar L, Vallor A, Kirkpatrick W, Bocanegra R, Molina D, et al. Assessment of serum (1->3)-beta-D-glucan concentration as a measure of disease burden in a murine model of invasive pulmonary aspergillosis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2008;52:1176-8 pubmed..Serum (1-->3)-beta-D-glucan was detected early during the course of infection, and reductions in this biomarker were associated with improved survival in animals treated with antifungal agents. ..
- Saleem U, Khaleghi M, Morgenthaler N, Bergmann A, Struck J, Mosley T, et al. Plasma carboxy-terminal provasopressin (copeptin): a novel marker of insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:2558-64 pubmed publisher..07 (1.45-2.95); in NHW, 1.74 (1.21-2.5). Our findings indicate a novel cross-sectional association between plasma copeptin and measures of insulin resistance and MetSyn. ..
- Rose W, Eickhoff J, Shukla S, Pantrangi M, Rooijakkers S, Cosgrove S, et al. Elevated serum interleukin-10 at time of hospital admission is predictive of mortality in patients with Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia. J Infect Dis. 2012;206:1604-11 pubmed publisher..We recommend that future clinical trials of SaB stratify patients according to IL-10 and IL-1β serum concentrations in order to better evaluate the impact of therapeutic interventions on patient outcome. ..
- Li Y, Nie J, Beyea J, Rudra C, Browne R, Bonner M, et al. Exposure to traffic emissions: associations with biomarkers of antioxidant status and oxidative damage. Environ Res. 2013;121:31-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that PAHs or other components of traffic emissions may impact anti-oxidative capacity among healthy women, particularly premenopausal non-smokers without secondhand smoke exposure. ..
- Zhang Q, Yu C, Peng S, Xu H, Wright E, Zhang X, et al. Autocrine VEGF signaling promotes proliferation of neoplastic Barrett's epithelial cells through a PLC-dependent pathway. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:461-72.e6 pubmed publisher..Strategies to reduce autocrine VEGF signaling (eg, with sunitinib) might be used to prevent or treat cancer in patients with Barrett's esophagus. ..
- Huhtanen P, Brotz P, Satter L. Omasal sampling technique for assessing fermentative digestion in the forestomach of dairy cows. J Anim Sci. 1997;75:1380-92 pubmed
- Hsi E. A practical approach for evaluating new antibodies in the clinical immunohistochemistry laboratory. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2001;125:289-94 pubmed..Issues relating to regulatory developments, antibody selection, staining optimization, and test validation are addressed. ..
- Li Y, Lee P, Sobel E, Narain S, Satoh M, Segal M, et al. Increased expression of FcgammaRI/CD64 on circulating monocytes parallels ongoing inflammation and nephritis in lupus. Arthritis Res Ther. 2009;11:R6 pubmed publisher..The enhanced chemotactic and inflammatory potential of the activated monocytes may participate in a vicious cycle of immune cell recruitment and renal injury in SLE. ..
- Mondello S, Linnet A, Buki A, ROBICSEK S, Gabrielli A, Tepas J, et al. Clinical utility of serum levels of ubiquitin C-terminal hydrolase as a biomarker for severe traumatic brain injury. Neurosurgery. 2012;70:666-75 pubmed publisher..Cumulative serum UCH-L1 levels > 5.22 ng/mL predicted death (odds ratio, 4.8). Serum levels of UCH-L1 appear to have potential clinical utility in diagnosing TBI, including correlating to injury severity and survival outcome. ..
- Chaubard J, Krishnamurthy C, Yi W, Smith D, Hsieh Wilson L. Chemoenzymatic probes for detecting and imaging fucose-?(1-2)-galactose glycan biomarkers. J Am Chem Soc. 2012;134:4489-92 pubmed publisher..This approach represents a new potential strategy for biomarker detection and expands the technologies available for understanding the roles of this important class of carbohydrates in physiology and disease. ..
- Carlson C, Koonce C, Aoyama N, Einhorn S, Fiene S, Thompson A, et al. Phenotypic screening with human iPS cell-derived cardiomyocytes: HTS-compatible assays for interrogating cardiac hypertrophy. J Biomol Screen. 2013;18:1203-11 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the HTS-compatible workflow allows for the incorporation of human biology into early phases of drug discovery and development. ..
- Wallner P, Anscher M, Barker C, Bassetti M, Bristow R, Cha Y, et al. Current status and recommendations for the future of research, teaching, and testing in the biological sciences of radiation oncology: report of the American Society for Radiation Oncology Cancer Biology/Radiation Biology Task Force, executive summar. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014;88:11-7 pubmed publisher..The TF charge specifically precluded consideration of research issues related to technology, physics, or clinical investigations. This document represents an Executive Summary of the Task Force report. ..
- Funderburg N. Markers of coagulation and inflammation often remain elevated in ART-treated HIV-infected patients. Curr Opin HIV AIDS. 2014;9:80-6 pubmed publisher..Antiretroviral therapy reduces viral replication, immune activation, and markers of coagulation, but these indices do not always return to normal, even after several years of viremic control. ..
- Creekmore T, Rocke T, Hurley J. A baiting system for delivery of an oral plague vaccine to black-tailed prairie dogs. J Wildl Dis. 2002;38:32-9 pubmed..In Trial 2, 83% of the prairie dogs had ingested a bait. Approximately 15% of the animals in both trials ate more than one bait. Fleas (Opisocrostis hirsutus) were found on 64 of 70 (91%) of the prairie dogs captured during this study. ..
- Lambert W, Lasarev M, Muniz J, Scherer J, Rothlein J, Santana J, et al. Variation in organophosphate pesticide metabolites in urine of children living in agricultural communities. Environ Health Perspect. 2005;113:504-8 pubmed..Additional studies of variation in pesticide exposure across agricultural regions are needed. ..
- Naganawa T, Xiao L, Abogunde E, Sobue T, Kalajzic I, Sabbieti M, et al. In vivo and in vitro comparison of the effects of FGF-2 null and haplo-insufficiency on bone formation in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;339:490-8 pubmed..FGF receptor2 mRNA and protein were markedly reduced in Fgf2+/- and Fgf2-/- mice. Decreased bone formation in Fgf2 mutant mice may correlate with impaired FGFR signaling, decreased Runx2 gene expression. ..
- Jacobson C, Schnapp B, Banker G. A change in the selective translocation of the Kinesin-1 motor domain marks the initial specification of the axon. Neuron. 2006;49:797-804 pubmed..Imaging YFP-tagged truncated Kinesin-1 provides the most precise definition to date of when neuronal polarity first emerges and allows visualization of the molecular differentiation of the axon in real time. ..
- Amin S, Riggs B, Melton L, Achenbach S, Atkinson E, Khosla S. High serum IGFBP-2 is predictive of increased bone turnover in aging men and women. J Bone Miner Res. 2007;22:799-807 pubmed..The association between IGFBP-2 and markers of bone formation may reflect coupling with increased bone resorption, which is not adequate to maintain BMD. ..
- Pinsonneault R, Vacek P, O Neill J, Finette B. Induction of V(D)J-mediated recombination of an extrachromosomal substrate following exposure to DNA-damaging agents. Environ Mol Mutagen. 2007;48:440-50 pubmed
- Trachtenberg F, Barregard L. The effect of age, sex, and race on urinary markers of kidney damage in children. Am J Kidney Dis. 2007;50:938-45 pubmed..It also is recommended that epidemiological studies and clinical trials account for age, sex, and race in statistical models comparing urinary markers of kidney damage. ..
- Das S, Maeso P, Becker A, Prosser J, Adam B, Kountakis S. Proteomics blood testing to distinguish chronic rhinosinusitis subtypes. Laryngoscope. 2008;118:2231-4 pubmed publisher..SELDI-TOF-MS is a promising technology that could lead to the development of a rapid blood test, to identify severe chronic rhinosinusitis subtypes. Further investigation into the utility of this technology is warranted. ..
- Whitwell J, Jack C, Przybelski S, Parisi J, Senjem M, Boeve B, et al. Temporoparietal atrophy: a marker of AD pathology independent of clinical diagnosis. Neurobiol Aging. 2011;32:1531-41 pubmed publisher..Temporoparietal atrophy may therefore provide a useful marker of the presence of AD pathology even in subjects with atypical clinical presentations, especially in the context of relative sparing of the hippocampus. ..
- Alon U, Vandevoorde R. Beneficial effect of cinacalcet in a child with familial hypocalciuric hypercalcemia. Pediatr Nephrol. 2010;25:1747-50 pubmed publisher..Over the 12-month treatment period no complications were noted. We conclude that cinacalcet may be considered a new, and currently the only, tool in treating children with symptomatic FHH. ..
- Ardoin S, Schanberg L, Sandborg C, Yow E, Barnhart H, Mieszkalski K, et al. Laboratory markers of cardiovascular risk in pediatric SLE: the APPLE baseline cohort. Lupus. 2010;19:1315-25 pubmed publisher..Future longitudinal analysis of the APPLE cohort is needed to further examine these relationships. ..
- Ding L, Kuhne W, Hinton D, Song J, Dynan W. Quantifiable biomarkers of normal aging in the Japanese medaka fish (Oryzias latipes). PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13287 pubmed publisher..The results provide a set of markers that can be used to trace the process of normal tissue aging in medaka and to evaluate the effect of environmental stressors. ..
- Munshi R, Johnson A, Siew E, Ikizler T, Ware L, Wurfel M, et al. MCP-1 gene activation marks acute kidney injury. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;22:165-75 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data suggest that MCP-1 has potential as a biomarker of AKI and provide "proof of concept" that urinary histone assessments provide mechanistic insight among patients with kidney disease. ..
- Skiles M, Fancy R, Topiwala P, Sahai S, Blanchette J. Correlating hypoxia with insulin secretion using a fluorescent hypoxia detection system. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2011;97:148-55 pubmed publisher..The method presented here represents a unique and valuable approach to detecting hypoxic stress in living tissues which may prove useful to a variety of fields of biological research. ..
- Blackshear J, Cutlip D, Roubin G, Hill M, Leimgruber P, Begg R, et al. Myocardial infarction after carotid stenting and endarterectomy: results from the carotid revascularization endarterectomy versus stenting trial. Circulation. 2011;123:2571-8 pubmed publisher..URL: http://www.ClinicalTrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT00004732. ..
- Chittiprol S, Chen P, Petrovic Djergovic D, Eichler T, Ransom R. Marker expression, behaviors, and responses vary in different lines of conditionally immortalized cultured podocytes. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011;301:F660-71 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate dramatic differences in marker expression, response to toxins, and motility between lines of podocytes from different species and even between similarly-derived mouse lines. ..
- Kunnath Velayudhan S, Davidow A, Wang H, Molina D, Huynh V, Salamon H, et al. Proteome-scale antibody responses and outcome of Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in nonhuman primates and in tuberculosis patients. J Infect Dis. 2012;206:697-705 pubmed publisher..We assessed correlations between infection outcome and antibody responses in macaques and humans by high-throughput, proteome-scale serological studies...
- Gower B, Pollock N, Casazza K, Clemens T, Goree L, Granger W. Associations of total and undercarboxylated osteocalcin with peripheral and hepatic insulin sensitivity and β-cell function in overweight adults. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98:E1173-80 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to probe the causal inference of these relationships and to determine whether indirect nutrient sensing pathways underlie these associations. ..
- Chakraborty I, Das S, Dey S. Differential expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptor mRNAs in the mouse uterus around the time of implantation. J Endocrinol. 1995;147:339-52 pubmed..abstract truncated at 400 words) ..
- Sheu T, Schwarz E, Martinez D, O Keefe R, Rosier R, Zuscik M, et al. A phage display technique identifies a novel regulator of cell differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:438-43 pubmed..We hypothesize that binding to TRAP may be one mechanism by which the full osteoblast phenotype is expressed during the process of bone remodeling. ..
- Tan W, Wang K, He X, Zhao X, Drake T, Wang L, et al. Bionanotechnology based on silica nanoparticles. Med Res Rev. 2004;24:621-38 pubmed
- Bar Or D, Curtis C, Sullivan A, Rael L, Thomas G, Craun M, et al. Plasma albumin cysteinylation is regulated by cystathionine beta-synthase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;325:1449-53 pubmed..CysAlb may serve as a biomarker for the severity of gut ischemia, and high Hcy may explain endothelial damage associated with this model. Additionally, active CBS is essential for the formation of CysAlb. ..
- Rhoton Vlasak A, Chegini N, Hardt N, Williams R. Histological characteristics and altered expression of interleukins (IL) IL-13 and IL-15 in endometria of levonorgestrel users with different uterine bleeding patterns. Fertil Steril. 2005;83:659-65 pubmed..Altered endometrial expression of IL-13 and IL-15, key cytokines in inflammatory and immune cell trafficking, may influence events, leading to irregular bleeding. ..
- Lin A, Mannikarottu A, Kogan B, Whitbeck C, Chichester P, Leggett R, et al. Estrogen induces angiogenesis of the female rabbit bladder. J Endocrinol. 2006;190:241-6 pubmed
- Ware C, Nelson A, Blau C. A comparison of NIH-approved human ESC lines. Stem Cells. 2006;24:2677-84 pubmed..Many hESC lines can be maintained using culture conditions less onerous than those recommended by their suppliers. Intellectual property issues pose a significant obstacle to research using NIH-approved hESC lines. ..
- Seney M, Goldman B, Forger N. Breeding status affects motoneuron number and muscle size in naked mole-rats: recruitment of perineal motoneurons?. J Neurobiol. 2006;66:1354-64 pubmed..We propose that small, relatively undifferentiated cells are recruited to the pool of large Onuf's nucleus motoneurons when subordinate naked mole-rats become breeders...
- Huang L, Zhu W, Saunders C, MacLeod J, Zhou M, Stromberg A, et al. A novel application of quantile regression for identification of biomarkers exemplified by equine cartilage microarray data. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008;9:300 pubmed publisher..Then we performed linear quantile regression to identify genes with a cartilage-restricted pattern of expression. ..
- Mirrielees J, Crofford L, Lin Y, Kryscio R, Dawson D, Ebersole J, et al. Rheumatoid arthritis and salivary biomarkers of periodontal disease. J Clin Periodontol. 2010;37:1068-74 pubmed publisher..Systemic inflammation appears to influence levels of select salivary biomarkers of periodontal disease, and anti-TNF-? antibody-based disease-modifying therapy significantly lowers salivary IL-1? and TNF-? levels in RA. ..
- Christian L, Glaser R, Porter K, Malarkey W, Beversdorf D, Kiecolt Glaser J. Poorer self-rated health is associated with elevated inflammatory markers among older adults. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2011;36:1495-504 pubmed publisher..Subjective ratings of health provide important clinical information regarding inflammatory status, beyond traditional objective risk factors, even among generally healthy individuals. ..
- Zhang J, Guy M, Norman H, Chen Y, Xu Q, Dong X, et al. Top-down quantitative proteomics identified phosphorylation of cardiac troponin I as a candidate biomarker for chronic heart failure. J Proteome Res. 2011;10:4054-65 pubmed publisher..This study represents the first clinical application of top-down MS-based quantitative proteomics for biomarker discovery from tissues, highlighting the potential of PTMs as disease biomarkers. ..
- Ayers C, Schlosser R, O Connell B, Atkinson C, Mulligan R, Casey S, et al. Increased presence of dendritic cells and dendritic cell chemokines in the sinus mucosa of chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps and allergic fungal rhinosinusitis. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2011;1:296-302 pubmed publisher..Once DC presence was established we considered possible mechanisms for DC recruitment to the sinuses...
- Järvinen K, Sicherer S. Diagnostic oral food challenges: procedures and biomarkers. J Immunol Methods. 2012;383:30-8 pubmed publisher..Additionally, biomarkers that correlate with OFC outcomes will be discussed, as well as future diagnostic tests promising better predictive value. ..
- Jiang M, Wei Q, Dong G, Komatsu M, Su Y, Dong Z. Autophagy in proximal tubules protects against acute kidney injury. Kidney Int. 2012;82:1271-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results establish a renoprotective role of tubular cell autophagy in acute kidney injury where it may interfere with cell killing mechanisms. ..
- Shen L, Suresh L, Lindemann M, Xuan J, Kowal P, Malyavantham K, et al. Novel autoantibodies in Sjogren's syndrome. Clin Immunol. 2012;145:251-5 pubmed publisher..Antibodies to SP-1, CA6 and PSP may be useful markers for identifying patients with SS at early stages of the disease or those that lack antibodies to either Ro or La. ..
- Lopes Virella M, Baker N, Hunt K, Cleary P, Klein R, Virella G. Baseline markers of inflammation are associated with progression to macroalbuminuria in type 1 diabetic subjects. Diabetes Care. 2013;36:2317-23 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that high levels of inflammatory markers, mainly E-selectin and sTNRF-1 and -2, are important predictors of macroalbuminuria in patients with type 1 diabetes. ..
- Brockmeier E, Yu F, Amador D, Bargar T, Denslow N. Custom microarray construction and analysis for determining potential biomarkers of subchronic androgen exposure in the Eastern Mosquitofish (Gambusia holbrooki). BMC Genomics. 2013;14:660 pubmed publisher..holbrooki and how this organism can be used as a bioindicator organism for endocrine disrupting pollutants in the environment. ..
- Moore H, Ivey R, Voytovich U, Lin C, Stirewalt D, Pogosova Agadjanyan E, et al. The human salivary proteome is radiation responsive. Radiat Res. 2014;181:521-30 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate the potential for detecting radiation exposure based on analysis of human saliva. ..
- Catalano P, Thomas A, Huston Presley L, Amini S. Increased fetal adiposity: a very sensitive marker of abnormal in utero development. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003;189:1698-704 pubmed
- Miguel Hidalgo J, Nithuairisg S, Stockmeier C, Rajkowska G. Distribution of ICAM-1 immunoreactivity during aging in the human orbitofrontal cortex. Brain Behav Immun. 2007;21:100-11 pubmed..This increase may contribute to an enhanced risk for brain inflammatory processes during aging, although a role of extravascular ICAM-1 as a barrier to further inflammation cannot be ruled out. ..
- Tiu R, Mountantonakis S, Dunbar A, Schreiber M. Tumor lysis syndrome. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2007;33:397-407 pubmed
- Reed S, Johnson S. Equine umbilical cord blood contains a population of stem cells that express Oct4 and differentiate into mesodermal and endodermal cell types. J Cell Physiol. 2008;215:329-36 pubmed..In addition, this work suggests that subtle differences exist between equine and human UCB stem cells. ..
- Nolan A, Weiden M, Kelly A, Hoshino Y, Hoshino S, Mehta N, et al. CD40 and CD80/86 act synergistically to regulate inflammation and mortality in polymicrobial sepsis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2008;177:301-8 pubmed..Expression of costimulatory molecules may serve as biomarkers for outcome in septic patients. ..
- Pan S, Aebersold R, Chen R, Rush J, Goodlett D, McIntosh M, et al. Mass spectrometry based targeted protein quantification: methods and applications. J Proteome Res. 2009;8:787-97 pubmed publisher..This report reviews recently developed platform technologies for emerging applications of clinical proteomics and biomarker development. ..
- Bain J, Lester S, Henry W, Bishop C, Turnage A, Naftel J, et al. Comparative gender differences in local and systemic concentrations of pro-inflammatory cytokines in rats with experimental periodontitis. J Periodontal Res. 2009;44:133-40 pubmed publisher..There have been few studies of gender differences in response to periodontitis. Thus, we compared gender-specific differences in systemic cytokine concentrations in rats with and without ligature-induced periodontitis...
- Almeida D, McGonagle K, King H. Assessing daily stress processes in social surveys by combining stressor exposure and salivary cortisol. Biodemography Soc Biol. 2009;55:219-37 pubmed publisher..The final portion of the article describes ways that this approach can leverage the strengths of various features of longitudinal social surveys to extend research on stress and mental health. ..
- Shin D, Liu R, Klich I, Ratajczak J, Kucia M, Ratajczak M. Molecular characterization of isolated from murine adult tissues very small embryonic/epiblast like stem cells (VSELs). Mol Cells. 2010;29:533-8 pubmed publisher..Mounting evidence accumulates that perturbation of expression of imprinted genes is a common phenomenon observed in developing tumors...
- Victor B, Barron J. Diastolic heart failure versus diastolic dysfunction: difference in renal function. Clin Cardiol. 2010;33:770-4 pubmed publisher..A larger, prospective study is needed to confirm this hypothesis. ..
- Xie L, Pelz C, Wang W, Bashar A, Varlamova O, Shadle S, et al. KDM5B regulates embryonic stem cell self-renewal and represses cryptic intragenic transcription. EMBO J. 2011;30:1473-84 pubmed publisher..We propose that KDM5B activates self-renewal-associated gene expression by repressing cryptic initiation and maintaining an H3K4me3 gradient important for productive transcriptional elongation. ..
- Kellihan H, MacKie B, Stepien R. NT-proBNP, NT-proANP and cTnI concentrations in dogs with pre-capillary pulmonary hypertension. J Vet Cardiol. 2011;13:171-82 pubmed publisher..NT-proANP] and [cTnI] were not elevated in dogs with pre-capillary PH. ..