Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on in United States
Locale: United States
Publications402 found, 100 shown here
- Whitwell J, Jack C, Przybelski S, Parisi J, Senjem M, Boeve B, et al. Temporoparietal atrophy: a marker of AD pathology independent of clinical diagnosis. Neurobiol Aging. 2011;32:1531-41 pubmed publisher..Temporoparietal atrophy may therefore provide a useful marker of the presence of AD pathology even in subjects with atypical clinical presentations, especially in the context of relative sparing of the hippocampus. ..
- Alon U, Vandevoorde R. Beneficial effect of cinacalcet in a child with familial hypocalciuric hypercalcemia. Pediatr Nephrol. 2010;25:1747-50 pubmed publisher..Over the 12-month treatment period no complications were noted. We conclude that cinacalcet may be considered a new, and currently the only, tool in treating children with symptomatic FHH. ..
- Ardoin S, Schanberg L, Sandborg C, Yow E, Barnhart H, Mieszkalski K, et al. Laboratory markers of cardiovascular risk in pediatric SLE: the APPLE baseline cohort. Lupus. 2010;19:1315-25 pubmed publisher..Future longitudinal analysis of the APPLE cohort is needed to further examine these relationships. ..
- Ding L, Kuhne W, Hinton D, Song J, Dynan W. Quantifiable biomarkers of normal aging in the Japanese medaka fish (Oryzias latipes). PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13287 pubmed publisher..The results provide a set of markers that can be used to trace the process of normal tissue aging in medaka and to evaluate the effect of environmental stressors. ..
- Munshi R, Johnson A, Siew E, Ikizler T, Ware L, Wurfel M, et al. MCP-1 gene activation marks acute kidney injury. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;22:165-75 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data suggest that MCP-1 has potential as a biomarker of AKI and provide "proof of concept" that urinary histone assessments provide mechanistic insight among patients with kidney disease. ..
- Skiles M, Fancy R, Topiwala P, Sahai S, Blanchette J. Correlating hypoxia with insulin secretion using a fluorescent hypoxia detection system. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2011;97:148-55 pubmed publisher..The method presented here represents a unique and valuable approach to detecting hypoxic stress in living tissues which may prove useful to a variety of fields of biological research. ..
- Blackshear J, Cutlip D, Roubin G, Hill M, Leimgruber P, Begg R, et al. Myocardial infarction after carotid stenting and endarterectomy: results from the carotid revascularization endarterectomy versus stenting trial. Circulation. 2011;123:2571-8 pubmed publisher..URL: http://www.ClinicalTrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT00004732. ..
- Chittiprol S, Chen P, Petrovic Djergovic D, Eichler T, Ransom R. Marker expression, behaviors, and responses vary in different lines of conditionally immortalized cultured podocytes. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011;301:F660-71 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate dramatic differences in marker expression, response to toxins, and motility between lines of podocytes from different species and even between similarly-derived mouse lines. ..
- Kunnath Velayudhan S, Davidow A, Wang H, Molina D, Huynh V, Salamon H, et al. Proteome-scale antibody responses and outcome of Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in nonhuman primates and in tuberculosis patients. J Infect Dis. 2012;206:697-705 pubmed publisher..We assessed correlations between infection outcome and antibody responses in macaques and humans by high-throughput, proteome-scale serological studies...
- Gower B, Pollock N, Casazza K, Clemens T, Goree L, Granger W. Associations of total and undercarboxylated osteocalcin with peripheral and hepatic insulin sensitivity and β-cell function in overweight adults. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98:E1173-80 pubmed publisher..Further research is needed to probe the causal inference of these relationships and to determine whether indirect nutrient sensing pathways underlie these associations. ..
- Chakraborty I, Das S, Dey S. Differential expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptor mRNAs in the mouse uterus around the time of implantation. J Endocrinol. 1995;147:339-52 pubmed..abstract truncated at 400 words) ..
- Sheu T, Schwarz E, Martinez D, O Keefe R, Rosier R, Zuscik M, et al. A phage display technique identifies a novel regulator of cell differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:438-43 pubmed..We hypothesize that binding to TRAP may be one mechanism by which the full osteoblast phenotype is expressed during the process of bone remodeling. ..
- Tan W, Wang K, He X, Zhao X, Drake T, Wang L, et al. Bionanotechnology based on silica nanoparticles. Med Res Rev. 2004;24:621-38 pubmed
- Bar Or D, Curtis C, Sullivan A, Rael L, Thomas G, Craun M, et al. Plasma albumin cysteinylation is regulated by cystathionine beta-synthase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;325:1449-53 pubmed..CysAlb may serve as a biomarker for the severity of gut ischemia, and high Hcy may explain endothelial damage associated with this model. Additionally, active CBS is essential for the formation of CysAlb. ..
- Rhoton Vlasak A, Chegini N, Hardt N, Williams R. Histological characteristics and altered expression of interleukins (IL) IL-13 and IL-15 in endometria of levonorgestrel users with different uterine bleeding patterns. Fertil Steril. 2005;83:659-65 pubmed..Altered endometrial expression of IL-13 and IL-15, key cytokines in inflammatory and immune cell trafficking, may influence events, leading to irregular bleeding. ..
- Lin A, Mannikarottu A, Kogan B, Whitbeck C, Chichester P, Leggett R, et al. Estrogen induces angiogenesis of the female rabbit bladder. J Endocrinol. 2006;190:241-6 pubmed
- Ware C, Nelson A, Blau C. A comparison of NIH-approved human ESC lines. Stem Cells. 2006;24:2677-84 pubmed..Many hESC lines can be maintained using culture conditions less onerous than those recommended by their suppliers. Intellectual property issues pose a significant obstacle to research using NIH-approved hESC lines. ..
- Seney M, Goldman B, Forger N. Breeding status affects motoneuron number and muscle size in naked mole-rats: recruitment of perineal motoneurons?. J Neurobiol. 2006;66:1354-64 pubmed..We propose that small, relatively undifferentiated cells are recruited to the pool of large Onuf's nucleus motoneurons when subordinate naked mole-rats become breeders...
- Huang L, Zhu W, Saunders C, MacLeod J, Zhou M, Stromberg A, et al. A novel application of quantile regression for identification of biomarkers exemplified by equine cartilage microarray data. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008;9:300 pubmed publisher..Then we performed linear quantile regression to identify genes with a cartilage-restricted pattern of expression. ..
- Mirrielees J, Crofford L, Lin Y, Kryscio R, Dawson D, Ebersole J, et al. Rheumatoid arthritis and salivary biomarkers of periodontal disease. J Clin Periodontol. 2010;37:1068-74 pubmed publisher..Systemic inflammation appears to influence levels of select salivary biomarkers of periodontal disease, and anti-TNF-? antibody-based disease-modifying therapy significantly lowers salivary IL-1? and TNF-? levels in RA. ..
- Christian L, Glaser R, Porter K, Malarkey W, Beversdorf D, Kiecolt Glaser J. Poorer self-rated health is associated with elevated inflammatory markers among older adults. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2011;36:1495-504 pubmed publisher..Subjective ratings of health provide important clinical information regarding inflammatory status, beyond traditional objective risk factors, even among generally healthy individuals. ..
- Zhang J, Guy M, Norman H, Chen Y, Xu Q, Dong X, et al. Top-down quantitative proteomics identified phosphorylation of cardiac troponin I as a candidate biomarker for chronic heart failure. J Proteome Res. 2011;10:4054-65 pubmed publisher..This study represents the first clinical application of top-down MS-based quantitative proteomics for biomarker discovery from tissues, highlighting the potential of PTMs as disease biomarkers. ..
- Ayers C, Schlosser R, O Connell B, Atkinson C, Mulligan R, Casey S, et al. Increased presence of dendritic cells and dendritic cell chemokines in the sinus mucosa of chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps and allergic fungal rhinosinusitis. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2011;1:296-302 pubmed publisher..Once DC presence was established we considered possible mechanisms for DC recruitment to the sinuses...
- Järvinen K, Sicherer S. Diagnostic oral food challenges: procedures and biomarkers. J Immunol Methods. 2012;383:30-8 pubmed publisher..Additionally, biomarkers that correlate with OFC outcomes will be discussed, as well as future diagnostic tests promising better predictive value. ..
- Jiang M, Wei Q, Dong G, Komatsu M, Su Y, Dong Z. Autophagy in proximal tubules protects against acute kidney injury. Kidney Int. 2012;82:1271-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results establish a renoprotective role of tubular cell autophagy in acute kidney injury where it may interfere with cell killing mechanisms. ..
- Shen L, Suresh L, Lindemann M, Xuan J, Kowal P, Malyavantham K, et al. Novel autoantibodies in Sjogren's syndrome. Clin Immunol. 2012;145:251-5 pubmed publisher..Antibodies to SP-1, CA6 and PSP may be useful markers for identifying patients with SS at early stages of the disease or those that lack antibodies to either Ro or La. ..
- Lopes Virella M, Baker N, Hunt K, Cleary P, Klein R, Virella G. Baseline markers of inflammation are associated with progression to macroalbuminuria in type 1 diabetic subjects. Diabetes Care. 2013;36:2317-23 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that high levels of inflammatory markers, mainly E-selectin and sTNRF-1 and -2, are important predictors of macroalbuminuria in patients with type 1 diabetes. ..
- Brockmeier E, Yu F, Amador D, Bargar T, Denslow N. Custom microarray construction and analysis for determining potential biomarkers of subchronic androgen exposure in the Eastern Mosquitofish (Gambusia holbrooki). BMC Genomics. 2013;14:660 pubmed publisher..holbrooki and how this organism can be used as a bioindicator organism for endocrine disrupting pollutants in the environment. ..
- Moore H, Ivey R, Voytovich U, Lin C, Stirewalt D, Pogosova Agadjanyan E, et al. The human salivary proteome is radiation responsive. Radiat Res. 2014;181:521-30 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate the potential for detecting radiation exposure based on analysis of human saliva. ..
- Catalano P, Thomas A, Huston Presley L, Amini S. Increased fetal adiposity: a very sensitive marker of abnormal in utero development. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003;189:1698-704 pubmed
- Miguel Hidalgo J, Nithuairisg S, Stockmeier C, Rajkowska G. Distribution of ICAM-1 immunoreactivity during aging in the human orbitofrontal cortex. Brain Behav Immun. 2007;21:100-11 pubmed..This increase may contribute to an enhanced risk for brain inflammatory processes during aging, although a role of extravascular ICAM-1 as a barrier to further inflammation cannot be ruled out. ..
- Tiu R, Mountantonakis S, Dunbar A, Schreiber M. Tumor lysis syndrome. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2007;33:397-407 pubmed
- Reed S, Johnson S. Equine umbilical cord blood contains a population of stem cells that express Oct4 and differentiate into mesodermal and endodermal cell types. J Cell Physiol. 2008;215:329-36 pubmed..In addition, this work suggests that subtle differences exist between equine and human UCB stem cells. ..
- Nolan A, Weiden M, Kelly A, Hoshino Y, Hoshino S, Mehta N, et al. CD40 and CD80/86 act synergistically to regulate inflammation and mortality in polymicrobial sepsis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2008;177:301-8 pubmed..Expression of costimulatory molecules may serve as biomarkers for outcome in septic patients. ..
- Pan S, Aebersold R, Chen R, Rush J, Goodlett D, McIntosh M, et al. Mass spectrometry based targeted protein quantification: methods and applications. J Proteome Res. 2009;8:787-97 pubmed publisher..This report reviews recently developed platform technologies for emerging applications of clinical proteomics and biomarker development. ..
- Bain J, Lester S, Henry W, Bishop C, Turnage A, Naftel J, et al. Comparative gender differences in local and systemic concentrations of pro-inflammatory cytokines in rats with experimental periodontitis. J Periodontal Res. 2009;44:133-40 pubmed publisher..There have been few studies of gender differences in response to periodontitis. Thus, we compared gender-specific differences in systemic cytokine concentrations in rats with and without ligature-induced periodontitis...
- Almeida D, McGonagle K, King H. Assessing daily stress processes in social surveys by combining stressor exposure and salivary cortisol. Biodemography Soc Biol. 2009;55:219-37 pubmed publisher..The final portion of the article describes ways that this approach can leverage the strengths of various features of longitudinal social surveys to extend research on stress and mental health. ..
- Shin D, Liu R, Klich I, Ratajczak J, Kucia M, Ratajczak M. Molecular characterization of isolated from murine adult tissues very small embryonic/epiblast like stem cells (VSELs). Mol Cells. 2010;29:533-8 pubmed publisher..Mounting evidence accumulates that perturbation of expression of imprinted genes is a common phenomenon observed in developing tumors...
- Victor B, Barron J. Diastolic heart failure versus diastolic dysfunction: difference in renal function. Clin Cardiol. 2010;33:770-4 pubmed publisher..A larger, prospective study is needed to confirm this hypothesis. ..
- Xie L, Pelz C, Wang W, Bashar A, Varlamova O, Shadle S, et al. KDM5B regulates embryonic stem cell self-renewal and represses cryptic intragenic transcription. EMBO J. 2011;30:1473-84 pubmed publisher..We propose that KDM5B activates self-renewal-associated gene expression by repressing cryptic initiation and maintaining an H3K4me3 gradient important for productive transcriptional elongation. ..
- Kellihan H, MacKie B, Stepien R. NT-proBNP, NT-proANP and cTnI concentrations in dogs with pre-capillary pulmonary hypertension. J Vet Cardiol. 2011;13:171-82 pubmed publisher..NT-proANP] and [cTnI] were not elevated in dogs with pre-capillary PH. ..
- Aiyer H, Li Y, Losso J, Gao C, Schiffman S, Slone S, et al. Effect of freeze-dried berries on the development of reflux-induced esophageal adenocarcinoma. Nutr Cancer. 2011;63:1256-62 pubmed publisher..05 ± 0.14; P < 0.05). We conclude that a dietary supplementation of freeze-dried BRB and BB at 2.5% (w/w) was not effective in the prevention of reflux-induced esophageal adenocarcinoma in this EDA animal model. ..
- Keller P, El Sheikh M, Granger D, Buckhalt J. Interactions between salivary cortisol and alpha-amylase as predictors of children's cognitive functioning and academic performance. Physiol Behav. 2012;105:987-95 pubmed publisher..Findings suggest that the study of interactions between biological stress response systems should not be based on models of rectilinear interactions. ..
- Olney R, Permuy J, Prickett T, Han J, Espiner E. Amino-terminal propeptide of C-type natriuretic peptide (NTproCNP) predicts height velocity in healthy children. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2012;77:416-22 pubmed publisher..We show here that CNP synthesis (as measured by NTproCNP levels in plasma) is closely related to linear growth in healthy children at all ages. We propose NTproCNP as a biomarker of linear growth. ..
- Haldar S, Beveridge A, Wong J, Singh A, Galimberti D, Borroni B, et al. A low-molecular-weight ferroxidase is increased in the CSF of sCJD cases: CSF ferroxidase and transferrin as diagnostic biomarkers for sCJD. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2013;19:1662-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, change in the CSF levels of iron-management proteins can provide disease-specific biomarkers and insight into the cause of iron imbalance in neurodegenerative conditions. ..
- Zhang Z, Sferra T, Eroglu Y. T cell co-stimulatory molecules: a co-conspirator in the pathogenesis of eosinophilic esophagitis?. Dig Dis Sci. 2013;58:1497-506 pubmed publisher..Our goal is to provide the rationale for the development of novel therapy therapies that target co-stimulatory molecules. ..
- Aloia J, Dhaliwal R, Shieh A, Mikhail M, Fazzari M, Ragolia L, et al. Vitamin D supplementation increases calcium absorption without a threshold effect. Am J Clin Nutr. 2014;99:624-31 pubmed publisher..The maximal calcium absorption in response to vitamin D has been proposed as a biomarker for vitamin D sufficiency...
- Lee Y, Song A, Baker R, Micales B, Conway S, Lyons G. Jumonji, a nuclear protein that is necessary for normal heart development. Circ Res. 2000;86:932-8 pubmed..These data demonstrate that JMJ is a nuclear protein, which is essential for normal heart development and function. ..
- Cox M, Sood H, Hunt M, Chandler D, Henegar J, Aru G, et al. Apoptosis in the left ventricle of chronic volume overload causes endocardial endothelial dysfunction in rats. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2002;282:H1197-205 pubmed..The results suggest that an increase in the oxidative stress and generation of nitrotyrosine are, in part, responsible for the activation of metalloproteinase and decreased endocardial endothelial function in chronic LV volume overload. ..
- Barrier B, Sharpe Timms K. Expression of soluble adhesion molecules in sera of women with stage III and IV endometriosis. J Soc Gynecol Investig. 2002;9:98-101 pubmed..These findings might shed light on the pathogenesis of endometriosis and be useful in the development of biochemical markers for disease stage. ..
- Reincke B, Rosson G, Oswald B, Wright C. INI1 expression induces cell cycle arrest and markers of senescence in malignant rhabdoid tumor cells. J Cell Physiol. 2003;194:303-13 pubmed
- Li J, Spletter M, Johnson J. Dissecting tBHQ induced ARE-driven gene expression through long and short oligonucleotide arrays. Physiol Genomics. 2005;21:43-58 pubmed..Integration of the gene expression profiles from different array platforms may not only help for cross-validation but also provide a more complete view of the transcriptional scenario. ..
- Ronen O, Malone J, Kay P, Bivens C, Hall K, Paruchuri L, et al. Expression of a novel marker, Ubc9, in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Head Neck. 2009;31:845-55 pubmed publisher..Ubc9 is significantly overexpressed in the primary SCCHN tumors and peritumoral mucosa compared with normal epithelial cells. These findings suggest that Ubc9 may play an important role in tumorigenesis and tumor progression of SCCHN. ..
- Cenini G, Dowling A, Beckett T, Barone E, Mancuso C, Murphy M, et al. Association between frontal cortex oxidative damage and beta-amyloid as a function of age in Down syndrome. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1822:130-8 pubmed publisher..Conceivably, treatment with antioxidants may provide a point of intervention to slow pathological alterations in DS. ..
- Musah S, Chen J, Hoyle G. Repair of tracheal epithelium by basal cells after chlorine-induced injury. Respir Res. 2012;13:107 pubmed publisher..These studies establish a model for understanding regenerative processes in the respiratory epithelium useful for testing therapies for airway injury. ..
- Ferrarelli F. Endophenotypes and biological markers of schizophrenia: from biological signs of illness to novel treatment targets. Curr Pharm Des. 2013;19:6462-79 pubmed
- Greger J. Nutrition versus toxicology of manganese in humans: evaluation of potential biomarkers. Neurotoxicology. 1999;20:205-12 pubmed..Serum manganese concentrations in combination with brain MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scans, and perhaps a battery of neurofunctional tests, appear to be the best ways to monitor excessive exposure to manganese. ..
- Mathisen P, Kawczak J, Yu M, Johnson J, Tuohy V. Differential DM20 mRNA expression distinguishes two distinct patterns of spontaneous recovery from murine autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Neurosci Res. 2001;64:542-51 pubmed
- Zhang Y, McCormick L, Gilliam A. Latency-associated peptide prevents skin fibrosis in murine sclerodermatous graft-versus-host disease, a model for human scleroderma. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;121:713-9 pubmed..LAP may be a potential new therapy in scleroderma and other TGF-beta-driven fibrosing disease that targets TGF-beta more specifically, without affecting systemic critical roles of TGF-beta on immune cell function. ..
- Bauer J, Goupil S, Garber G, Helfand S. An accelerated assay for the identification of lifespan-extending interventions in Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:12980-5 pubmed..We propose that this assay can be used to screen pharmacological as well as genetic interventions more rapidly for positive effects on lifespan. ..
- Padovani Claudio D, Liu L, Ransohoff R, Miller R. Alterations in the oligodendrocyte lineage, myelin, and white matter in adult mice lacking the chemokine receptor CXCR2. Glia. 2006;54:471-83 pubmed..Together, these findings indicate that the chemokine receptor CXCR2 is important for the development and maintenance of the oligodendrocyte lineage, myelination, and white matter in the vertebrate CNS. ..
- Keller S. Cell based assays in drug development for biopharmaceuticals--IIR's Second Annual Conference. IDrugs. 2006;9:841-5 pubmed
- Kie J, Kapturczak M, Traylor A, Agarwal A, Hill Kapturczak N. Heme oxygenase-1 deficiency promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition and renal fibrosis. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008;19:1681-91 pubmed publisher..Modulation of the HO-1 pathway may provide a new therapeutic approach to progressive renal diseases. ..
- Zhu H, Chao J, Guo D, Li K, Huang Y, Hawkins K, et al. Urinary prostasin: a possible biomarker for renal pressure natriuresis in black adolescents. Pediatr Res. 2009;65:443-6 pubmed publisher..43, p = 0.0001), even after being normalized by urinary creatinine. Our data suggest that urinary prostasin could be a novel biomarker and/or mechanism for renal pressure natriuresis in normotensive black adolescents. ..
- Wactawski Wende J, Schisterman E, Hovey K, Howards P, Browne R, Hediger M, et al. BioCycle study: design of the longitudinal study of the oxidative stress and hormone variation during the menstrual cycle. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol. 2009;23:171-84 pubmed publisher..This report describes the study design, baseline characteristics and visit completion rate for the BioCycle study. ..
- Kuhne W, Gersey B, Wilkins R, Wu H, Wender S, George V, et al. Biological effects of high-energy neutrons measured in vivo using a vertebrate model. Radiat Res. 2009;172:473-80 pubmed publisher..3 Gy. Results of this experiment indicate that medaka are a useful model for investigating biological damage associated with high-energy neutron exposure. ..
- Sullivan B, Wang R, Tawfik O, Luyendyk J. Protective and damaging effects of platelets in acute cholestatic liver injury revealed by depletion and inhibition strategies. Toxicol Sci. 2010;115:286-94 pubmed publisher..In contrast, severe thrombocytopenia induces parenchymal-type peliosis in the livers of ANIT-treated mice, a rare hepatic lesion associated with pooling of blood in the liver. ..
- Kellner E, Lee P, Li Y, Switanek J, Zhuang H, Segal M, et al. Endogenous type-I interferon activity is not associated with depression or fatigue in systemic lupus erythematosus. J Neuroimmunol. 2010;223:13-9 pubmed publisher..Elevation of endogenous serum IFN-I levels is unlikely to account for the depression and fatigue associated with SLE. ..
- Arruda Olson A, Roger V, Jaffe A, Hodge D, Gibbons R, Miller T. Troponin T levels and infarct size by SPECT myocardial perfusion imaging. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2011;4:523-33 pubmed publisher..Receiver-operator characteristic analysis demonstrated a cutoff value peak cTnT of 1.5 ng/ml for the detection of measurable infarct. ..
- Sofen H, Smith S, Matheson R, Leonardi C, Calderon C, Brodmerkel C, et al. Guselkumab (an IL-23-specific mAb) demonstrates clinical and molecular response in patients with moderate-to-severe psoriasis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;133:1032-40 pubmed publisher..IL-23 inhibition with a single dose of guselkumab results in clinical responses in patients with moderate-to-severe psoriasis, suggesting that neutralization of IL-23 alone is a promising therapy for psoriasis. ..
- Weykamp C, Wielders J, Helander A, Anton R, Bianchi V, Jeppsson J, et al. Harmonization of measurement results of the alcohol biomarker carbohydrate-deficient transferrin by use of the toolbox of technical procedures of the International Consortium for Harmonization of Clinical Laboratory Results. Clin Chem. 2014;60:945-53 pubmed publisher..We propose the cRMP as a candidate international conventional reference measurement procedure and cRMs as candidate international calibrators. ..
- Grider A, Bailey L, Cousins R. Erythrocyte metallothionein as an index of zinc status in humans. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:1259-62 pubmed..Metallothionein levels in erythrocytes may provide a useful index upon which to assess zinc status in humans. ..
- Theodore S, Cass W, Maragos W. Methamphetamine and human immunodeficiency virus protein Tat synergize to destroy dopaminergic terminals in the rat striatum. Neuroscience. 2006;137:925-35 pubmed
- Page R, Monaghan J, Samuels A, Smith J, Beachy C, Voss S. Microarray analysis identifies keratin loci as sensitive biomarkers for thyroid hormone disruption in the salamander Ambystoma mexicanum. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2007;145:15-27 pubmed
- McLean M, Zajdel R, Dube S, Thurston H, Dube D. Tropomodulin expression in developing hearts of normal and cardiac mutant Mexican axolotl. Cardiovasc Toxicol. 2006;6:85-98 pubmed..Unlike tropomyosin, there is no apparent decrease in the level of Tmod expression in mutant hearts. ..
- Erickson D, Tomaszewski J, Kunselman A, Stetter C, Peters K, Rovner E, et al. Urine markers do not predict biopsy findings or presence of bladder ulcers in interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome. J Urol. 2008;179:1850-6 pubmed publisher..We tested for associations between urine markers, bladder biopsy features and bladder ulcers in interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome...
- Rehman T, Fought J, Solomon R. N-acetylcysteine effect on serum creatinine and cystatin C levels in CKD patients. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008;3:1610-4 pubmed publisher..It is therefore unlikely that the heterogeneity seen in clinical trials of NAC prophylaxis for CIN is related to a confounding effect on serum creatinine. ..
- Liang X, Huuskonen J, Hajivandi M, Manzanedo R, Predki P, Amshey J, et al. Identification and quantification of proteins differentially secreted by a pair of normal and malignant breast-cancer cell lines. Proteomics. 2009;9:182-93 pubmed publisher..These results corroborate models of invasive tumors sustained by elaborate coordination of stromal cells via chemokines and growth factors, while protease inhibitors remodel the ECM to stimulate angiogenesis. ..
- Teng R, Wu T, Garrison R, Sharma R, Hudak M. Early neutropenia is not associated with an increased rate of nosocomial infection in very low-birth-weight infants. J Perinatol. 2009;29:219-24 pubmed publisher..Our data do not support the hypothesis that early NP increases the risk for NI in VLBW infants. ..
- Yu H, Seah A, Herman M, Ferguson E, Horvitz H, Sternberg P. Wnt and EGF pathways act together to induce C. elegans male hook development. Dev Biol. 2009;327:419-32 pubmed publisher..lin-17 and bar-1/beta-catenin are preferentially expressed in the presumptive 1 degree cell P11.p. The dynamic subcellular localization of BAR-1-GFP in P11.p is concordant with the timing of HCG fate determination. ..