Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on in situ hybridization in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: in situ hybridization
Publications429 found, 100 shown here
- Serbus L, Cha B, Theurkauf W, Saxton W. Dynein and the actin cytoskeleton control kinesin-driven cytoplasmic streaming in Drosophila oocytes. Development. 2005;132:3743-52 pubmed..This allows a cooperative self-amplifying loop of plus-end-directed organelle motion and parallel microtubule orientation that drives vigorous streaming currents and thorough mixing of oocyte and nurse-cell cytoplasm. ..
- Getchell T, Kwong K, Saunders C, Stromberg A, Getchell M. Leptin regulates olfactory-mediated behavior in ob/ob mice. Physiol Behav. 2006;87:848-56 pubmed..Our results strongly suggest that leptin acting through leptin receptors modulates olfactory-mediated pre-ingestive behavior. ..
- Tho S, Jackson R, Kulharya A, Reindollar R, Layman L, McDonough P. Long-term follow-up and analysis of monozygotic twins concordant for 45,X/46,XY peripheral blood karyotype but discordant for phenotypic sex. Am J Med Genet A. 2007;143A:2616-22 pubmed..The 45X cell line is likely due to his receiving these cells passively from his twin sister via placental anastomoses in utero. The exposure to these 45,X cells during development may have had an impact on his spermatogenesis...
- Reich J, Snee M, Macdonald P. miRNA-dependent translational repression in the Drosophila ovary. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4669 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal the variety of post-transcriptional regulatory mechanisms that operate in the Drosophila ovary, and have implications for the mechanisms of miRNA-dependent translational control used in the ovary. ..
- Hains D, Sims Lucas S, Carpenter A, Saha M, Murawski I, Kish K, et al. High incidence of vesicoureteral reflux in mice with Fgfr2 deletion in kidney mesenchyma. J Urol. 2010;183:2077-84 pubmed publisher..Fgfr2(Mes-/-) mice have ureteral induction abnormalities associated with abnormal ureteral insertion in the bladder and subsequent vesicoureteral reflux, consistent with the Mackie and Stephens hypothesis. ..
- Tulenko F, McCauley D, Mackenzie E, Mazan S, Kuratani S, Sugahara F, et al. Body wall development in lamprey and a new perspective on the origin of vertebrate paired fins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:11899-904 pubmed publisher..These embryological criteria can refocus arguments on paired fin origins and generate hypotheses testable by comparative studies on the source, sequence, and extent of genetic redeployment. ..
- Didier M, Bix G, Berman S, Bursztajn S. Expression of the alpha 4 neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunit in the developing mouse hippocampus. Int J Dev Neurosci. 1995;13:703-13 pubmed..The transient profile of alpha 4 expression suggests that nAChRs may participate in the early postnatal maturation of hippocampal circuity. ..
- Hsu D, Chen F, Takahashi L, Kalin N. Rapid stress-induced elevations in corticotropin-releasing hormone mRNA in rat central amygdala nucleus and hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus: an in situ hybridization analysis. Brain Res. 1998;788:305-10 pubmed..Results provide clear evidence that CRH neurons in the CeA and PVN exhibit rapid increases in CRH mRNA expression after exposure to stress. ..
- Palmarini M, Gray C, Carpenter K, Fan H, Bazer F, Spencer T. Expression of endogenous betaretroviruses in the ovine uterus: effects of neonatal age, estrous cycle, pregnancy, and progesterone. J Virol. 2001;75:11319-27 pubmed
- Wang Y, Hu L, Yao R, Wang M, Crist K, Grubbs C, et al. Altered gene expression profile in chemically induced rat mammary adenocarcinomas and its modulation by an aromatase inhibitor. Oncogene. 2001;20:7710-21 pubmed..In addition, the identified genes may become useful targets for drug development and potential biomarkers for monitoring treatment and prevention of breast cancer in humans. ..
- Kauffman J, Zinovyeva A, Yagi K, Makabe K, Raff R. Neural expression of the Huntington's disease gene as a chordate evolutionary novelty. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2003;297:57-64 pubmed..Thus, neural expression of the Hd gene in deuterostomes may be a novel feature of the chordate lineage, and the original role(s) of HD in deuterostomes may have been non-neural...
- Ahmed A, Chandra S, Magarinos M, Vaessin H. Echinoid mutants exhibit neurogenic phenotypes and show synergistic interactions with the Notch signaling pathway. Development. 2003;130:6295-304 pubmed..Our work establishes a role of Ed during embryonic nervous system development, as well as adult sensory bristle specification and shows that Ed interacts synergistically with the Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Andrews G, Wang H, Dey S, Palmiter R. Mouse zinc transporter 1 gene provides an essential function during early embryonic development. Genesis. 2004;40:74-81 pubmed
- Coroian C, Broitman Maduro G, Maduro M. Med-type GATA factors and the evolution of mesendoderm specification in nematodes. Dev Biol. 2006;289:444-55 pubmed publisher..elegans med-1,2(-) strain. We conclude that Med function and expression have been conserved over tens of millions of years of evolution, and that there may be a mechanism that selects against the acquisition of introns in these genes...
- Perez Montiel D, Wakely P, Hes O, Michal M, Suster S. High-grade urothelial carcinoma of the renal pelvis: clinicopathologic study of 108 cases with emphasis on unusual morphologic variants. Mod Pathol. 2006;19:494-503 pubmed
- Lee C, Scherr H, Wallingford J. Shroom family proteins regulate gamma-tubulin distribution and microtubule architecture during epithelial cell shape change. Development. 2007;134:1431-41 pubmed..Together, the data demonstrate that Shroom family proteins govern epithelial cell behaviors by coordinating the assembly of both microtubule and actin cytoskeletons. ..
- Gammill L, Gonzalez C, Bronner Fraser M. Neuropilin 2/semaphorin 3F signaling is essential for cranial neural crest migration and trigeminal ganglion condensation. Dev Neurobiol. 2007;67:47-56 pubmed..In addition, trigeminal ganglia fail to form correctly in the mutants and are improperly condensed and loosely organized. These data show that npn2/sema3F signaling is required for proper cranial neural crest development in the head. ..
- Albertson R, Yelick P. Fgf8 haploinsufficiency results in distinct craniofacial defects in adult zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2007;306:505-15 pubmed..These data reveal previously unrecognized roles for fgf8 during skeletogenesis, and provide a basis for future investigations into the mechanisms that regulate craniofacial development beyond the embryo. ..
- Gu S, Wei N, Yu X, Jiang Y, Fei J, Chen Y. Mice with an anterior cleft of the palate survive neonatal lethality. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:1509-16 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the secondary palatal shelves are capable of fusion with each other, but fail to fuse with the primary palate in a developmentally delayed manner. Mice carrying an anterior cleft can survive neonatal lethality. ..
- Wei Q, Condie B. A focused in situ hybridization screen identifies candidate transcriptional regulators of thymic epithelial cell development and function. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26795 pubmed publisher..Our results also demonstrate heterogeneity of TECs marked by the differential expression of transcription factors, potentially providing new insights into the regulation of TEC differentiation. ..
- Durant F, Morokuma J, Fields C, Williams K, ADAMS D, Levin M. Long-Term, Stochastic Editing of Regenerative Anatomy via Targeting Endogenous Bioelectric Gradients. Biophys J. 2017;112:2231-2243 pubmed publisher..Hence, bioelectric properties can stably override genome-default target morphology, and provide a tractable control point for investigating cryptic phenotypes and the stochasticity of large-scale epigenetic controls. ..
- Helton T, Magner J. Beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase and alpha-mannosidase-II messenger ribonucleic acid levels increase with different kinetics in thyrotrophs of hypothyroid mice. Endocrinology. 1994;135:1980-5 pubmed..This is the first report of the modulation of these glycosyltransferase mRNA levels in thyrotrophs and may explain in part the mechanism by which different isoforms of TSH are secreted in different physiological states. ..
- Lamballe F, Smeyne R, Barbacid M. Developmental expression of trkC, the neurotrophin-3 receptor, in the mammalian nervous system. J Neurosci. 1994;14:14-28 pubmed..The apparent colocalization of trkC transcripts with NT-3 raises the possibility this neurotrophin exerts its trophic effects by a paracrine and/or autocrine mechanism. ..
- Draper B, Mello C, Bowerman B, Hardin J, Priess J. MEX-3 is a KH domain protein that regulates blastomere identity in early C. elegans embryos. Cell. 1996;87:205-16 pubmed..We propose that MEX-3 contributes to anterior-posterior asymmetry by regulating one or more mRNAs involved in specifying the fate of the posterior blastomere. ..
- Jasoni C, Hendrickson A, Roelink H. Analysis of chicken Wnt-13 expression demonstrates coincidence with cell division in the developing eye and is consistent with a role in induction. Dev Dyn. 1999;215:215-24 pubmed..dev dyn 1999;215:215-224. ..
- Shepherd I, Beattie C, Raible D. Functional analysis of zebrafish GDNF. Dev Biol. 2001;231:420-35 pubmed..We also depleted GDNF protein in zebrafish embryos using morpholino antisense oligos and found that GDNF protein is critical for the development of the zebrafish ENS but appears dispensable for the development of the kidney and PMN. ..
- Chen X, Rosenfeld C, Roberts R, Green J. An aspartic proteinase expressed in the yolk sac and neonatal stomach of the mouse. Biol Reprod. 2001;65:1092-101 pubmed..The presence of this enzyme in two organs involved in the selective transcellular transport of proteins suggests that it has specialized digestive functions. ..
- Merrill R, Plum L, Kaiser M, Clagett Dame M. A mammalian homolog of unc-53 is regulated by all-trans retinoic acid in neuroblastoma cells and embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:3422-7 pubmed..Thus, RAINB1 may represent a critical downstream gene in atRA-mediated neurite outgrowth. ..
- Hasan W, Pedchenko T, Krizsan Agbas D, Baum L, Smith P. Sympathetic neurons synthesize and secrete pro-nerve growth factor protein. J Neurobiol. 2003;57:38-53 pubmed..These findings suggest that a potential NGF-sympathetic neuron autocrine loop may exist in this prototypic target-dependent system, but that the secreted forms of this neurotrophin apparently do not support neuronal survival. ..
- Kubota R, McGuire C, Dierks B, Reh T. Identification of ciliary epithelial-specific genes using subtractive libraries and cDNA arrays in the avian eye. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:529-40 pubmed..We propose that the mechanisms that regulate the expression of ciliary epithelial genes are linked to the reduction in proliferation that results in the epithelial monolayer in this region. ..
- Ralston A, Blair S. Long-range Dpp signaling is regulated to restrict BMP signaling to a crossvein competent zone. Dev Biol. 2005;280:187-200 pubmed..However, this requirement can be overridden by co-misexpression of the BMP agonist Cv-2, indicating the presence of as yet unknown cues; we discuss possible candidates. ..
- Manuylov N, Fujiwara Y, Adameyko I, Poulat F, Tevosian S. The regulation of Sox9 gene expression by the GATA4/FOG2 transcriptional complex in dominant XX sex reversal mouse models. Dev Biol. 2007;307:356-67 pubmed..We conclude that FOG2 is a limiting factor in the formation of a functional GATA4/FOG2 transcription complex that is required for Sox9 expression during gonadogenesis. ..
- Yurco P, Cameron D. Cellular correlates of proneural and Notch-delta gene expression in the regenerating zebrafish retina. Vis Neurosci. 2007;24:437-43 pubmed..A model of vertebrate retinal repair is suggested in which damage-induced expression of proneural genes, plus canonical Notch-Delta signaling, could contribute to retinal stem cell promotion and subsequent regenerative neurogenesis. ..
- Morton D, Stewart J, Langlais K, Clemens Grisham R, Vermehren A. Synaptic transmission in neurons that express the Drosophila atypical soluble guanylyl cyclases, Gyc-89Da and Gyc-89Db, is necessary for the successful completion of larval and adult ecdysis. J Exp Biol. 2008;211:1645-56 pubmed publisher..By using the conditional expression of tetanus toxin we were also able to demonstrate that synaptic activity in the Gyc-89Da and Gyc-89Db neurons is required during early adult development for adult eclosion. ..
- Doering J, Kane K, Hsiao Y, Yao C, Shi B, Slowik A, et al. Species differences in the expression of Ahi1, a protein implicated in the neurodevelopmental disorder Joubert syndrome, with preferential accumulation to stigmoid bodies. J Comp Neurol. 2008;511:238-56 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results suggest roles for AHI1 in neurodevelopmental processes that underlie most of the neuroanatomical defects in JBTS, and perhaps in neuronal functions that contribute to schizophrenia. ..
- Roselli C, Estill C, Stadelman H, Stormshak F. The volume of the ovine sexually dimorphic nucleus of the preoptic area is independent of adult testosterone concentrations. Brain Res. 2009;1249:113-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that differences in the size of the oSDN in adult sheep were not influenced by adult exposure to testosterone. ..
- Laughlin K, Luo D, Liu C, Shaw G, Warrington K, Qiu J, et al. Hematopoietic- and neurologic-expressed sequence 1 expression in the murine GL261 and high-grade human gliomas. Pathol Oncol Res. 2009;15:437-44 pubmed publisher..However, tumors established from Hn1-depleted GL261 cells formed significantly smaller volumes than those established from control-treated cells. These data suggest a role for Hn1 in the biology of malignant brain tumors. ..
- McDevitt R, Szot P, Baratta M, Bland S, White S, Maier S, et al. Stress-induced activity in the locus coeruleus is not sensitive to stressor controllability. Brain Res. 2009;1285:109-18 pubmed publisher..To the extent that the expression of these genes reflects degree of neuronal activation, our results suggest that stress-induced activity of noradrenergic cell bodies in the LC is not sensitive to stressor controllability. ..
- Kieserman E, Lee C, Gray R, Park T, Wallingford J. High-magnification in vivo imaging of Xenopus embryos for cell and developmental biology. Cold Spring Harb Protoc. 2010;2010:pdb.prot5427 pubmed publisher..This protocol describes methods for labeling and high-magnification time-lapse imaging of cell biological and developmental processes in Xenopus embryos by confocal microscopy. ..
- Chang C, Luntz Leybman V, Evans J, Rotter A, Frostholm A. Developmental changes in the expression of gamma-aminobutyric acidA/benzodiazepine receptor subunit mRNAs in the murine inferior olivary complex. J Comp Neurol. 1995;356:615-28 pubmed
- Kelly G, Greenstein P, Erezyilmaz D, Moon R. Zebrafish wnt8 and wnt8b share a common activity but are involved in distinct developmental pathways. Development. 1995;121:1787-99 pubmed
- Dietz U, Sandell L. Cloning of a retinoic acid-sensitive mRNA expressed in cartilage and during chondrogenesis. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:3311-6 pubmed..Buettner, R., and Bogdahn, U. (1994) Cancer Res. 54, 5695-5701). Neither CD-RAP nor this protein showed any homology to known proteins. We speculate that, in vivo, CD-RAP functions during cartilage development and maintenance. ..
- Hong C, Ganetzky B. Molecular characterization of neurally expressing genes in the para sodium channel gene cluster of drosophila. Genetics. 1996;142:879-92 pubmed
- McAndrew P, Frostholm A, White R, Rotter A, Burghes A. Identification and characterization of RPTP rho, a novel RPTP mu/kappa-like receptor protein tyrosine phosphatase whose expression is restricted to the central nervous system. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1998;56:9-21 pubmed
- Nickola T, Ignatowski T, Reynolds J, Spengler R. Antidepressant drug-induced alterations in neuron-localized tumor necrosis factor-alpha mRNA and alpha(2)-adrenergic receptor sensitivity. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2001;297:680-7 pubmed
- Hunter C, Sung P, Schejter E, Wieschaus E. Conserved domains of the Nullo protein required for cell-surface localization and formation of adherens junctions. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:146-57 pubmed..The membrane association of Nullo is required in vivo for its role in basal junction formation and for its ability to block apical junction formation when ectopically expressed during late cellularization. ..
- An M, Luo R, Henion P. Differentiation and maturation of zebrafish dorsal root and sympathetic ganglion neurons. J Comp Neurol. 2002;446:267-75 pubmed
- Isola R, Zhang H, Duchemin A, Tejwani G, Neff N, Hadjiconstantinou M. Met-enkephalin and preproenkephalin mRNA changes in the striatum of the nicotine abstinence mouse. Neurosci Lett. 2002;325:67-71 pubmed..These observations indicate that during nicotine withdrawal, striatal enkephalinergic neurons undergo adaptative responses, which might contribute to the abstinence behavioral syndrome. ..
- Hendricks T, Fyodorov D, Wegman L, Lelutiu N, Pehek E, Yamamoto B, et al. Pet-1 ETS gene plays a critical role in 5-HT neuron development and is required for normal anxiety-like and aggressive behavior. Neuron. 2003;37:233-47 pubmed..These findings indicate that Pet-1 is a critical determinant of 5-HT neuron identity and implicate a Pet-1-dependent program in serotonergic modulation of behavior. ..
- Depre C, Wang L, Tomlinson J, Gaussin V, Abdellatif M, Topper J, et al. Characterization of pDJA1, a cardiac-specific chaperone found by genomic profiling of the post-ischemic swine heart. Cardiovasc Res. 2003;58:126-35 pubmed..Therefore, pDJA1 is a novel heart-specific, ventricle-enriched cardioprotective co-chaperone, which participates in the program of cell survival that limits irreversible damage in post-ischemic myocardium. ..
- Abdallah M, Lei Z, Li X, Greenwold N, Nakajima S, Jauniaux E, et al. Human fetal nongonadal tissues contain human chorionic gonadotropin/luteinizing hormone receptors. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:952-6 pubmed..Although the role of fetal nongonadal hCG/LH receptors is not known, they may mediate the pleiotropic actions of hCG in the growing human fetus. ..
- Brafman A, Mett I, Shafir M, Gottlieb H, Damari G, Gozlan Kelner S, et al. Inhibition of oxygen-induced retinopathy in RTP801-deficient mice. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004;45:3796-805 pubmed..0001). In the absence of RTP801 expression, development of retinopathy in the mouse model of ROP was significantly attenuated, thus implying an important role of RTP801 in the pathogenesis of ROP. ..
- Kee Y, Bronner Fraser M. To proliferate or to die: role of Id3 in cell cycle progression and survival of neural crest progenitors. Genes Dev. 2005;19:744-55 pubmed..Our data suggest that Id3 functions by a novel mechanism, independent of cell fate determination, to mediate the decision of neural crest precursors to proliferate or die. ..
- Metz R, Patel P, Hameed M, Bryan M, Rameshwar P. Role of human HGFIN/nmb in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res. 2007;9:R58 pubmed..The results show a central role for p53 in HGFIN expression, which appears to determine the behavior of the cancer cells. ..
- Aquilina Beck A, Ilagan K, Liu Q, Liang J. Nodal signaling is required for closure of the anterior neural tube in zebrafish. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:126 pubmed
- Seward S, Richardson D, Leon M, Zhao W, Cohn D, Hitchcock C. Metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the vulva to the lung confirmed with allelotyping. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2009;28:497-501 pubmed publisher..Allelotyping for loss of heterozygosity is an effective tool to establish metastasis versus synchronous primary tumors in the presence of multiple lesions, helping to direct appropriate clinical management. ..
- Huang H, Novikova L, Williams S, Smirnova I, Stehno Bittel L. Low insulin content of large islet population is present in situ and in isolated islets. Islets. 2011;3:6-13 pubmed publisher..The data provide a possible explanation for the inferior insulin secretion from large islets, as they have a lower total cell density and the b-cells of the core contain less insulin/cell. ..
- Blevins C, Emond M, Biswas S, Jontes J. Differential expression, alternative splicing, and adhesive properties of the zebrafish ?1-protocadherins. Neuroscience. 2011;199:523-34 pubmed publisher..We found no evidence for calcium-dependent, homophilic adhesion, contrasting sharply with the behavior of classical cadherins. ..
- Kim S, Ma L, Jensen K, Kim M, Bond C, Adelman J, et al. Paradoxical contribution of SK3 and GIRK channels to the activation of mouse vomeronasal organ. Nat Neurosci. 2012;15:1236-44 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that VNO activation is mediated by TRPC2, CACCs and two potassium channels, all of which contributed to the in vivo depolarization of VNO neurons. ..
- McGary C, Deléage C, Harper J, Micci L, Ribeiro S, Paganini S, et al. CTLA-4+PD-1- Memory CD4+ T Cells Critically Contribute to Viral Persistence in Antiretroviral Therapy-Suppressed, SIV-Infected Rhesus Macaques. Immunity. 2017;47:776-788.e5 pubmed publisher..We have shown that CTLA-4+PD-1- memory CD4+ T cells are a previously unrecognized component of the SIV and HIV reservoir that should be therapeutically targeted for a functional HIV-1 cure. ..
- Fredieu J, Mahowald A. Characterization of a putative Drosophila GTP-binding protein. J Cell Sci. 1993;105 ( Pt 1):81-91 pubmed..Nucleotide sequence obtained from the 1.9 kb insert reveals homology with the GTP-binding regions of two signal recognition particle receptors (SNRP) isolated from canine and human tissues. ..
- Usui T, Smolik S, Goodman R. Isolation of Drosophila CREB-B: a novel CRE-binding protein. DNA Cell Biol. 1993;12:589-95 pubmed..Northern blot analysis shows that multiple transcripts of the dCREB-B gene are expressed in embryonic and adult tissues and that these transcripts arise from both strands of the DNA.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Zhao Y, Rong H, Chegini N. Expression and selective cellular localization of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and GM-CSF alpha and beta receptor messenger ribonucleic acid and protein in human ovarian tissue. Biol Reprod. 1995;53:923-30 pubmed..Luteal cells from late luteal phase (Days 26-28), corpus albicans, and ectopic pregnancy expressed a low level of GM-CSF, GM-CSF alpha R, and GM-CSF beta R mRNA and protein.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Serano T, Cohen R. A small predicted stem-loop structure mediates oocyte localization of Drosophila K10 mRNA. Development. 1995;121:3809-18 pubmed..We propose the existence of a family of cis-regulatory elements that mediate mRNA transport into the oocyte, only some of which are compatible with the elements that mediate late stage movements. ..
- Das S, Das N, Wang J, Lim H, Schryver B, Plowman G, et al. Expression of betacellulin and epiregulin genes in the mouse uterus temporally by the blastocyst solely at the site of its apposition is coincident with the "window" of implantation. Dev Biol. 1997;190:178-90 pubmed..These results provide evidence that expression of betacellulin and epiregulin in the uterus requires the presence of an active blastocyst and suggest an involvement of these growth factors in the process of implantation. ..
- Chakravarti S, Magnuson T, Lass J, Jepsen K, LaMantia C, Carroll H. Lumican regulates collagen fibril assembly: skin fragility and corneal opacity in the absence of lumican. J Cell Biol. 1998;141:1277-86 pubmed..Most importantly, these results provide a definitive link between a necessity for lumican in the development of a highly organized collagenous matrix and corneal transparency...
- Ferhat L, Cook C, Chauviere M, Harper M, Kress M, Lyons G, et al. Expression of the mitotic motor protein Eg5 in postmitotic neurons: implications for neuronal development. J Neurosci. 1998;18:7822-35 pubmed..We suggest that Eg5 generates forces that help to regulate microtubule behaviors within the distal tips of developing axons and dendrites. ..
- Feng H, Zhong W, Punkosdy G, Gu S, Zhou L, Seabolt E, et al. CUL-2 is required for the G1-to-S-phase transition and mitotic chromosome condensation in Caenorhabditis elegans. Nat Cell Biol. 1999;1:486-92 pubmed..In cul-2 mutant embryos, mitotic chromosomes are unable to condense, leading to unequal DNA segregation, chromosome bridging and the formation of multiple nuclei. ..
- Weinshenker D, Szot P, Miller N, Rust N, Hohmann J, Pyati U, et al. Genetic comparison of seizure control by norepinephrine and neuropeptide Y. J Neurosci. 2001;21:7764-9 pubmed..These data suggest that NE is a more potent endogenous anticonvulsant than NPY, and that NPY has the greatest contribution under conditions of extreme neuronal excitability. ..
- Zhao Y, Medrano L, Ohashi K, Fletcher J, Yu H, Sakai H, et al. HANABA TARANU is a GATA transcription factor that regulates shoot apical meristem and flower development in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2004;16:2586-600 pubmed..Ectopic HAN expression causes growth retardation, aberrant cell division patterns, and loss of meristem activity, suggesting that HAN is involved in controlling cell proliferation and differentiation. ..
- Hur E, Zaborszky L. Vglut2 afferents to the medial prefrontal and primary somatosensory cortices: a combined retrograde tracing in situ hybridization study [corrected]. J Comp Neurol. 2005;483:351-73 pubmed..The extrathalamic Vglut2 corticopetal projections, together with the thalamic intralaminar-midline Vglut2 corticopetal projections, may participate in diffuse activation of the neocortex...
- Seufert D, Hegde R, Nekkalapudi S, Kelly L, El Hodiri H. Expression of a novel Ski-like gene in Xenopus development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2005;6:22-8 pubmed..This gene is expressed in the marginal zone of early gastrulae, and in the brain, sensory vesicles, and cranial neural crest of neurula and tailbud embryos. ..
- Saylor A, Meredith G, Vercillo M, Zahm D, McGinty J. BDNF heterozygous mice demonstrate age-related changes in striatal and nigral gene expression. Exp Neurol. 2006;199:362-72 pubmed
- Bermingham McDonogh O, Oesterle E, Stone J, Hume C, Huynh H, Hayashi T. Expression of Prox1 during mouse cochlear development. J Comp Neurol. 2006;496:172-86 pubmed..These studies form a baseline from which we can analyze the role of Prox1 in vertebrate sensory development. ..
- Kaga Y, Shoemaker W, Furusho M, Bryant M, Rosenbluth J, Pfeiffer S, et al. Mice with conditional inactivation of fibroblast growth factor receptor-2 signaling in oligodendrocytes have normal myelin but display dramatic hyperactivity when combined with Cnp1 inactivation. J Neurosci. 2006;26:12339-50 pubmed
- Chen H, Leung T, Giger K, Stauffer A, Humbert J, Sinha S, et al. Expression of the G protein gammaT1 subunit during zebrafish development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:574-83 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that pineal- and retinal-specific expression of the gngT1 gene are controlled by different transcription factors and exogenous signals. ..
- Short S, Yoder B, Tarr S, Prescott N, Laniauskas S, Coleman K, et al. The expression of the cytoskeletal focal adhesion protein paxillin in breast cancer correlates with HER2 overexpression and may help predict response to chemotherapy: a retrospective immunohistochemical study. Breast J. 2007;13:130-9 pubmed..Further study of a role for paxillin expression in predicting response to cytotoxic regimens or targeted treatments is warranted. ..
- Koury S, Yarlagadda S, Moskalik Liermo K, Popli N, Kim N, Apolito C, et al. Differential gene expression during terminal erythroid differentiation. Genomics. 2007;90:574-82 pubmed..We have thus identified three genes not previously described as being expressed in erythroblasts that could be relevant in elucidating mechanisms involved in terminal erythroid differentiation. ..
- Mathias J, Dodd M, Walters K, Rhodes J, Kanki J, Look A, et al. Live imaging of chronic inflammation caused by mutation of zebrafish Hai1. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:3372-83 pubmed..These findings illustrate the utility of zebrafish as a new model system to study chronic inflammation and to visualize immune responses with high resolution in vivo. ..
- True C, Kirigiti M, Ciofi P, Grove K, Smith M. Characterisation of arcuate nucleus kisspeptin/neurokinin B neuronal projections and regulation during lactation in the rat. J Neuroendocrinol. 2011;23:52-64 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the absence of a strong ARH Kiss1/NKB projection to the POA suggests regulation of GnRH by this population occurs primarily at the ME level via local projections. ..
- Brockerhoff S, Rieke F, Matthews H, Taylor M, Kennedy B, Ankoudinova I, et al. Light stimulates a transducin-independent increase of cytoplasmic Ca2+ and suppression of current in cones from the zebrafish mutant nof. J Neurosci. 2003;23:470-80 pubmed..Thus, in addition to stimulating transducin, light also independently induces release of Ca2+ into the photoreceptor cytoplasm. ..
- Liu J, Zhang L, Wang D, Shen H, Jiang M, Mei P, et al. Congenital diaphragmatic hernia, kidney agenesis and cardiac defects associated with Slit3-deficiency in mice. Mech Dev. 2003;120:1059-70 pubmed..Slit3-deficient mice represent a genetic animal model for physiological and pathological studies of congenital diaphragmatic hernia. ..
- Wu C, Frostholm A, De Blas A, Rotter A. Differential expression of GABAA/benzodiazepine receptor subunit mRNAs and ligand binding sites in mouse cerebellar neurons following in vivo ethanol administration: an autoradiographic analysis. J Neurochem. 1995;65:1229-39 pubmed..The observed changes were not restricted to any one cerebellar cell type, because subunit expression in Purkinje, granule, and deep cerebellar cells was similarly affected. ..
- Ding D, Parkhurst S, Lipshitz H. Different genetic requirements for anterior RNA localization revealed by the distribution of Adducin-like transcripts during Drosophila oogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:2512-6 pubmed
- Groves A, George K, Tissier Seta J, Engel J, Brunet J, Anderson D. Differential regulation of transcription factor gene expression and phenotypic markers in developing sympathetic neurons. Development. 1995;121:887-901 pubmed..The parallel specification of different components of the terminal neuronal phenotype is likely to be a general feature of neuronal development. ..
- Japón M, Rubinstein M, Low M. In situ hybridization analysis of anterior pituitary hormone gene expression during fetal mouse development. J Histochem Cytochem. 1994;42:1117-25 pubmed
- Cali J, Zwaagstra J, Mons N, Cooper D, Krupinski J. Type VIII adenylyl cyclase. A Ca2+/calmodulin-stimulated enzyme expressed in discrete regions of rat brain. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:12190-5 pubmed..The addition of activated recombinant alpha subunit of Gs synergistically increases the Ca2+/calmodulin-stimulated activity. A possible role for type VIII adenylyl cyclase in long-term potentiation is discussed. ..