Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on in situ hybridization in United Kingdom
Locale: United Kingdom
Topic: in situ hybridization
Publications116 found, 100 shown here
- Stewart A, Roberts S, Seawright E, Davey M, Fleming R, Farquharson C. The presence of PHOSPHO1 in matrix vesicles and its developmental expression prior to skeletal mineralization. Bone. 2006;39:1000-1007 pubmed publisher..These studies provide for the first time direct evidence that PHOSPHO1 is present in MVs, and its developmental expression pattern is consistent with a role in the early stages of matrix mineralization. ..
- McCabe M, Gaston Massuet C, Tziaferi V, Gregory L, Alatzoglou K, Signore M, et al. Novel FGF8 mutations associated with recessive holoprosencephaly, craniofacial defects, and hypothalamo-pituitary dysfunction. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011;96:E1709-18 pubmed publisher..Murine data suggest a role for Fgf8 in hypothalamo-pituitary development; however, its role in the etiology of wider hypothalamo-pituitary dysfunction in humans is unknown...
- Nowakowski T, Fotaki V, Pollock A, Sun T, Pratt T, Price D. MicroRNA-92b regulates the development of intermediate cortical progenitors in embryonic mouse brain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:7056-61 pubmed publisher..Acute miR-92b loss of function had opposite effects. These findings indicate that miR-92b limits the production of intermediate cortical progenitors. ..
- Yun M, Gates P, Brockes J. Regulation of p53 is critical for vertebrate limb regeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:17392-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the regulation of p53 activity is a pivotal mechanism that controls the plasticity of the differentiated state during regeneration. ..
- Martin P, D Souza D, Martin J, Grose R, Cooper L, Maki R, et al. Wound healing in the PU.1 null mouse--tissue repair is not dependent on inflammatory cells. Curr Biol. 2003;13:1122-8 pubmed..We also show that hyperinnervation of the wound site, previously believed to be a consequence of inflammation, is present in the PU.1 null wound, too. ..
- Hinks G, Shah B, French S, Campos L, Staley K, Hughes J, et al. Expression of LIM protein genes Lmo1, Lmo2, and Lmo3 in adult mouse hippocampus and other forebrain regions: differential regulation by seizure activity. J Neurosci. 1997;17:5549-59 pubmed
- Ganly I, Kirn D, Eckhardt G, Rodriguez G, Soutar D, Otto R, et al. A phase I study of Onyx-015, an E1B attenuated adenovirus, administered intratumorally to patients with recurrent head and neck cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2000;6:798-806 pubmed..Further investigation of Onyx-015, particularly with a more frequent injection protocol and in combination with systemic chemotherapy, is warranted. ..
- Sacilotto N, Monteiro R, Fritzsche M, Becker P, Sánchez del Campo L, Liu K, et al. Analysis of Dll4 regulation reveals a combinatorial role for Sox and Notch in arterial development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:11893-8 pubmed publisher..Fascinatingly, this combinatorial ablation leads to a loss of arterial markers and the absence of a detectable dorsal aorta, demonstrating the essential roles of SoxF and Notch, together, in the acquisition of arterial identity. ..
- Warford A. In situ hybridisation: Technologies and their application to understanding disease. Prog Histochem Cytochem. 2016;50:37-48 pubmed publisher..In this review ISH is considered with emphasis on recent technological developments and surveyed for present and future applications in the context of the demonstration of genes, mRNA and microRNA in health and disease. ..
- Chanawong A, M Zali F, Heritage J, Xiong J, Hawkey P. Three cefotaximases, CTX-M-9, CTX-M-13, and CTX-M-14, among Enterobacteriaceae in the People's Republic of China. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2002;46:630-7 pubmed..A more comprehensive survey of the ESBL types from China is urgently needed...
- Simpson E, Johnson D, Hunsicker P, Suffolk R, Jordan S, Jackson I. The mouse Cer1 (Cerberus related or homologue) gene is not required for anterior pattern formation. Dev Biol. 1999;213:202-6 pubmed..However, we present here genetic data that demonstrate that Cer1 is not necessary for anterior patterning, Otx2 expression, somite formation, or even normal mouse morphogenesis. ..
- Habib F, Ross M, Bayne C, Bollina P, Grigor K, Chapman K. The loss of 5alpha-reductase type I and type II mRNA expression in metastatic prostate cancer to bone and lymph node metastasis. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:1815-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that the loss of 5alpha-reductase mRNA expression in bone and lymph node metastasis may be associated, in part, with the progression of these tumors to androgen insensitivity. ..
- Dennis J, Hvidsten T, Wit E, Komorowski J, Bell A, Downie I, et al. Markers of adenocarcinoma characteristic of the site of origin: development of a diagnostic algorithm. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:3766-72 pubmed..Knowledge of the primary site is important for their management, but histologically, such tumors appear similar. Better diagnostic markers are needed to enable the assignment of metastases to likely sites of origin on pathologic samples...
- Kola B, Hubina E, Tucci S, Kirkham T, Garcia E, Mitchell S, et al. Cannabinoids and ghrelin have both central and peripheral metabolic and cardiac effects via AMP-activated protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:25196-201 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that AMPK not only links the orexigenic effects of endocannabinoids and ghrelin in the hypothalamus but also their effects on the metabolism of peripheral tissues. ..
- Zhu J, Qiu Y, Figueroa D, Bandi V, Galczenski H, Hamada K, et al. Localization and upregulation of cysteinyl leukotriene-1 receptor in asthmatic bronchial mucosa. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2005;33:531-40 pubmed
- Arthur Farraj P, Wanek K, Hantke J, Davis C, Jayakar A, Parkinson D, et al. Mouse schwann cells need both NRG1 and cyclic AMP to myelinate. Glia. 2011;59:720-33 pubmed publisher..They demonstrate unambiguously the promyelin effects of NRG1 in purified cells, and they show that the cAMP pathway determines whether NRG1 drives proliferation or induces myelin differentiation...
- Ferrario J, Baskaran P, Clark C, Hendry A, Lerner O, Hintze M, et al. Axon guidance in the developing ocular motor system and Duane retraction syndrome depends on Semaphorin signaling via alpha2-chimaerin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:14669-74 pubmed publisher..2-chn is therefore a potential integrator of different types of guidance information to orchestrate ocular motor pathfinding. DRS phenotypes can result from incorrect regulation of this signaling pathway. ..
- Wallis J, Fox M, Walsh F. Structure of the human N-cadherin gene: YAC analysis and fine chromosomal mapping to 18q11.2. Genomics. 1994;22:172-9 pubmed..The first and second introns of the gene are large, a property conserved between the mouse and human genes. In situ hybridization with YAC DNA refined the map position of N-cadherin to human chromosome 18q11.2. ..
- Landles C, Chalk S, Steel J, Rosewell I, Spencer Dene B, Lalani E, et al. The thyroid hormone receptor-associated protein TRAP220 is required at distinct embryonic stages in placental, cardiac, and hepatic development. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:2418-35 pubmed..5, with an additional requirement in embryonic tissues for hepatic and cardiovascular development thereafter. ..
- Burdyga G, Lal S, Varro A, Dimaline R, Thompson D, Dockray G. Expression of cannabinoid CB1 receptors by vagal afferent neurons is inhibited by cholecystokinin. J Neurosci. 2004;24:2708-15 pubmed..Because CCK is a satiety factor that acts via the vagus nerve and CB1 agonists stimulate food intake, the data suggest a new mechanism modulating the effect on food intake of satiety signals from the gastrointestinal tract. ..
- Jing C, Beesley C, Foster C, Rudland P, Fujii H, Ono T, et al. Identification of the messenger RNA for human cutaneous fatty acid-binding protein as a metastasis inducer. Cancer Res. 2000;60:2390-8 pubmed..Thus, we suggest that C-FABP is a metastasis-inducing gene, and under suitable conditions, it may induce metastasis of some human cancers. ..
- Roberts C, Sutherland H, Farmer H, Kimber W, Halford S, Carey A, et al. Targeted mutagenesis of the Hira gene results in gastrulation defects and patterning abnormalities of mesoendodermal derivatives prior to early embryonic lethality. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:2318-28 pubmed
- Hall C, Michael G, Cann N, Ferrari G, Teo M, Jacobs T, et al. alpha2-chimaerin, a Cdc42/Rac1 regulator, is selectively expressed in the rat embryonic nervous system and is involved in neuritogenesis in N1E-115 neuroblastoma cells. J Neurosci. 2001;21:5191-202 pubmed..These results indicate a role for alpha2-chimaerin in morphological differentiation for which its SH2 domain is vital. ..
- Wolff C, Roy S, Ingham P. Multiple muscle cell identities induced by distinct levels and timing of hedgehog activity in the zebrafish embryo. Curr Biol. 2003;13:1169-81 pubmed..Allocation of the correct number of cells to a specific fate depends upon the range of Hh activity. The timing of exposure to Hh determines the response of cells to the signal. ..
- Torres I, Lopez Schier H, St Johnston D. A Notch/Delta-dependent relay mechanism establishes anterior-posterior polarity in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2003;5:547-58 pubmed..The anterior-posterior axis is therefore established by a relay mechanism, which propagates polarity from one cyst to the next. ..
- Osgerby J, Wathes D, Howard D, Gadd T. The effect of maternal undernutrition on the placental growth trajectory and the uterine insulin-like growth factor axis in the pregnant ewe. J Endocrinol. 2004;182:89-103 pubmed..Altered IGFBP expression may play a role in determining placental size in relation to nutritional status, but is unlikely to be the only mediator. ..
- Choi J, Underkoffler L, Wood A, Collins J, Williams P, Golden J, et al. A novel variant of Inpp5f is imprinted in brain, and its expression is correlated with differential methylation of an internal CpG island. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:5514-22 pubmed
- Compagnucci C, Fish J, Schwark M, Tarabykin V, Depew M. Pax6 regulates craniofacial form through its control of an essential cephalic ectodermal patterning center. Genesis. 2011;49:307-25 pubmed publisher..Pax6 therefore regulates craniofacial form, at stages when CNC has just arrived in the frontonasal region, through its control of surface cephalic ectodermal competence to form an essential craniofacial patterning center. ..
- Nowakowski T, Mysiak K, Pratt T, Price D. Functional dicer is necessary for appropriate specification of radial glia during early development of mouse telencephalon. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23013 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest novel roles for micro RNAs during early development of progenitor cells in the embryonic telencephalon. ..
- Mou C, Jackson B, Schneider P, Overbeek P, Headon D. Generation of the primary hair follicle pattern. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:9075-80 pubmed..This Edar-BMP activation-inhibition mechanism appears to operate alongside a labile prepattern, suggesting that Edar-mediated stabilization of beta-catenin active foci is a key event in determining definitive follicle locations. ..
- Codd V, Dolezel D, Stehlik J, Piccin A, Garner K, Racey S, et al. Circadian rhythm gene regulation in the housefly Musca domestica. Genetics. 2007;177:1539-51 pubmed
- Kershaw Young C, Khalid M, McGowan M, Pitsillides A, Scaramuzzi R. The mRNA expression of prostaglandin E receptors EP2 and EP4 and the changes in glycosaminoglycans in the sheep cervix during the estrous cycle. Theriogenology. 2009;72:251-61 pubmed publisher..We propose that prostaglandin E(2) binds to EP(2) and EP(4) stimulating hyaluronan synthesis, which may cause remodeling of the cervical extracellular matrix, culminating in cervical relaxation...
- Haud N, Kara F, Diekmann S, Henneke M, Willer J, Hillwig M, et al. rnaset2 mutant zebrafish model familial cystic leukoencephalopathy and reveal a role for RNase T2 in degrading ribosomal RNA. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:1099-103 pubmed publisher..Thus we conclude that familial cystic leukoencephalopathy is a lysosomal storage disorder in which rRNA is the best candidate for the noxious storage material. ..
- AlsiÃ¶ J, Tarchini B, Cayouette M, Livesey F. Ikaros promotes early-born neuronal fates in the cerebral cortex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E716-25 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Ikaros plays a similar role in regulating early temporal fates in the mammalian cerebral cortex as Ikaros/Hunchback proteins do in the Drosophila nerve cord. ..
- Amaniti E, Hasenpusch Theil K, Li Z, Magnani D, Kessaris N, Mason J, et al. Gli3 is required in Emx1+ progenitors for the development of the corpus callosum. Dev Biol. 2013;376:113-24 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data demonstrate a crucial role for Gli3 in cortical progenitors to control CC formation and indicate how defects in CSB formation affect the positioning of callosal guidepost cells. ..
- Sharkey A, Jones D, Brown K, Smith S. Expression of messenger RNA for kit-ligand in human placenta: localization by in situ hybridization and identification of alternatively spliced variants. Mol Endocrinol. 1992;6:1235-41 pubmed..One of these species, KL486, uses a novel splice site in exon 8. There is a different pattern of expression of the variants in amnion, chorion, trophoblast, and placenta, indicating tissue-specific control of splicing. ..
- Pritlove D, Gu M, Boyd C, Randeva H, Vatish M. Novel placental expression of 2,3-bisphosphoglycerate mutase. Placenta. 2006;27:924-7 pubmed..These observations demonstrate an unexpected and abundant presence of an enzyme key to oxygen release from adult haemoglobin, at the interface between maternal and fetal circulations. ..
- Vater R, Young C, Anderson L, Lindsay S, Blake D, Davies K, et al. Utrophin mRNA expression in muscle is not restricted to the neuromuscular junction. Mol Cell Neurosci. 1998;10:229-42 pubmed..We discuss the possible regulatory mechanisms involved in the heterogeneous expression of utrophin mRNA in skeletal muscle. ..
- Lettice L, Purdie L, Carlson G, Kilanowski F, Dorin J, Hill R. The mouse bagpipe gene controls development of axial skeleton, skull, and spleen. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:9695-700 pubmed..We postulate that Bapx1 confers the capacity of cells to interact with the notochord, effecting inductive interactions essential for development of the vertebral column and chondrocranium. ..
- Armstrong D, McEvoy T, Baxter G, Robinson J, Hogg C, Woad K, et al. Effect of dietary energy and protein on bovine follicular dynamics and embryo production in vitro: associations with the ovarian insulin-like growth factor system. Biol Reprod. 2001;64:1624-32 pubmed
- Williams S, Franklin R, Barnett S. Response of olfactory ensheathing cells to the degeneration and regeneration of the peripheral olfactory system and the involvement of the neuregulins. J Comp Neurol. 2004;470:50-62 pubmed
- Arun C, DeCatris M, Hemingway D, London N, O Byrne K. Endothelin-1 is a novel prognostic factor in non-small cell lung cancer. Int J Biol Markers. 2004;19:262-7 pubmed..8 pg/mL being associated with a worse outcome. The development of selective ET-1 antagonists such as Atrasentan indicates that ET-1 may be a therapeutic target in NSCLC...
- Shu X, Zeng Z, Eckmiller M, Gautier P, Vlachantoni D, Manson F, et al. Developmental and tissue expression of Xenopus laevis RPGR. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:348-56 pubmed publisher..The data are consistent with XRPGR expression in a single microtubular organelle-the centriole or basal body and associated ciliary transitional zone found in modified sensory cilia of photoreceptors and motile cilia...
- Barrett P, van den Top M, Wilson D, Mercer J, Song C, Bartness T, et al. Short photoperiod-induced decrease of histamine H3 receptors facilitates activation of hypothalamic neurons in the Siberian hamster. Endocrinology. 2009;150:3655-63 pubmed publisher..These data strongly suggest that increased activity of dmpARC neurons, as a consequence of down-regulation of the histamine H3 receptor, contributes to the physiological adaptation of body weight regulation in seasonal photoperiod...
- Stapleton G, Steel M, Richardson M, Mason J, Rose K, Morris R, et al. A novel cytochrome P450 expressed primarily in brain. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:29739-45 pubmed
- Patton A, Genever P, Birch M, Suva L, Skerry T. Expression of an N-methyl-D-aspartate-type receptor by human and rat osteoblasts and osteoclasts suggests a novel glutamate signaling pathway in bone. Bone. 1998;22:645-9 pubmed..In situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry localized NMDAR-1 expression to osteoblasts and osteoclasts in human tissue sections. These findings strengthen the suggestion that glutamate is involved in signaling between bone cells...
- Chen C, England S, Akopian A, Wood J. A sensory neuron-specific, proton-gated ion channel. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:10240-5 pubmed..The unique distribution of ASIC-beta suggests that it may play a specialized role in sensory neuron function. ..
- Anderson L, Rossi D, Linehan J, Brandner S, Weissmann C. Transgene-driven expression of the Doppel protein in Purkinje cells causes Purkinje cell degeneration and motor impairment. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:3644-9 pubmed..A similar situation was reported for the corresponding TgL7-DeltaPrP mice supporting the concept that Dpl and DeltaPrP cause cell death, possibly by interfering with a common signaling cascade essential for cell survival. ..
- Hughes J, Bullock S, Ish Horowicz D. Inscuteable mRNA localization is dynein-dependent and regulates apicobasal polarity and spindle length in Drosophila neuroblasts. Curr Biol. 2004;14:1950-6 pubmed
- Minguillon C, Del Buono J, Logan M. Tbx5 and Tbx4 are not sufficient to determine limb-specific morphologies but have common roles in initiating limb outgrowth. Dev Cell. 2005;8:75-84 pubmed..We propose a model in which positional codes, such as Pitx1 and Hox genes in the lateral plate mesoderm, dictate limb-specific morphologies. ..
- Garceau V, Smith J, Paton I, Davey M, Fares M, Sester D, et al. Pivotal Advance: Avian colony-stimulating factor 1 (CSF-1), interleukin-34 (IL-34), and CSF-1 receptor genes and gene products. J Leukoc Biol. 2010;87:753-64 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that there are two separate ligands for a functional CSF1R across all vertebrates...
- Laranjeiro R, Tamai T, Peyric E, Krusche P, Ott S, Whitmore D. Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p20 controls circadian cell-cycle timing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:6835-40 pubmed publisher..Such differences provide a unique mechanism whereby S phase is set to different times of day in a tissue-specific manner, depending on the balance of these two inhibitors...
- Nobes C, Lauritzen I, Mattei M, Paris S, Hall A, Chardin P. A new member of the Rho family, Rnd1, promotes disassembly of actin filament structures and loss of cell adhesion. J Cell Biol. 1998;141:187-97 pubmed..We suggest that these proteins control rearrangements of the actin cytoskeleton and changes in cell adhesion. ..
- Silverdale M, McGuire S, McInnes A, Crossman A, Brotchie J. Striatal cannabinoid CB1 receptor mRNA expression is decreased in the reserpine-treated rat model of Parkinson's disease. Exp Neurol. 2001;169:400-6 pubmed..The data support the idea that cannabinoid receptor antagonists may provide a useful treatment for the symptoms of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Jagannathan S, Punt E, Gu Y, Arnoult C, Sakkas D, Barratt C, et al. Identification and localization of T-type voltage-operated calcium channel subunits in human male germ cells. Expression of multiple isoforms. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:8449-56 pubmed..We conclude that low voltage activated voltage-operated Ca(2+) channels are expressed in cells of the human male germ line. ..
- Jackson A, Eastwood H, Bell S, Adu J, Toomes C, Carr I, et al. Identification of microcephalin, a protein implicated in determining the size of the human brain. Am J Hum Genet. 2002;71:136-42 pubmed..This gene, microcephalin, is expressed in the developing cerebral cortex of the fetal brain. Further study of this and related genes may provide important new insights into neocortical development and evolution. ..
- Johnston J, Messager S, Ebling F, Williams L, Barrett P, Hazlerigg D. Gonadotrophin-releasing hormone drives melatonin receptor down-regulation in the developing pituitary gland. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:2831-5 pubmed..These data suggest that establishment of a mature hypothalamic GnRH input drives the postnatal decline in pituitary MT(1) gene expression. ..
- Bachtrog D. Accumulation of Spock and Worf, two novel non-LTR retrotransposons, on the neo-Y chromosome of Drosophila miranda. Mol Biol Evol. 2003;20:173-81 pubmed..These results support the hypothesis that transposons accumulate in nonrecombining regions and may be one cause of the heteromorphism of sex chromosomes. ..
- Corley S, Carpenter R, Copsey L, Coen E. Floral asymmetry involves an interplay between TCP and MYB transcription factors in Antirrhinum. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:5068-73 pubmed..In addition to its role in dorsal regions, RAD acts nonautonomously on lateral regions either directly, through RAD protein movement, or indirectly, through a signaling molecule...
- Gaston Massuet C, Henderson D, Greene N, Copp A. Zic4, a zinc-finger transcription factor, is expressed in the developing mouse nervous system. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:1110-5 pubmed..We conclude that Zic4 has an expression pattern distinct from, but partly overlapping with, other members of the Zic gene family. ..
- Nguyen L, Besson A, Heng J, Schuurmans C, Teboul L, Parras C, et al. p27kip1 independently promotes neuronal differentiation and migration in the cerebral cortex. Genes Dev. 2006;20:1511-24 pubmed..Thus, p27(Kip1) plays a key role in cortical development, acting as a modular protein that independently regulates and couples multiple cellular pathways contributing to neurogenesis. ..
- Gómez Mena C, Sablowski R. ARABIDOPSIS THALIANA HOMEOBOX GENE1 establishes the basal boundaries of shoot organs and controls stem growth. Plant Cell. 2008;20:2059-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, ATH1 modulates growth at the interface between the stem, meristem, and organ primordia and contributes to the compressed vegetative habit of Arabidopsis thaliana. ..
- Harrod G, Kettunen P, Jowett A. Murine MLP: cloning and expression in the embryonic head. J Craniofac Genet Dev Biol. 1996;16:65-73 pubmed..Our data show that DD RT-PCR is a valuable technique to clone cDNA clones from minute tissue samples by virtue of the gene's expression pattern rather than by a process of library screening by homology. ..
- Davies B, Pickard B, Steel M, Morris R, Lathe R. Serine proteases in rodent hippocampus. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:23004-11 pubmed..In contrast, and despite robust expression of t-PA, the usual t-PA substrate plasminogen was not expressed at detectable levels. ..
- Morgan M, Madgwick A. The fourth member of the FHL family of LIM proteins is expressed exclusively in the testis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;255:251-5 pubmed..It is suggested that mFHL4 is associated with the process of spermatogenesis. ..
- Parmantier E, Lynn B, Lawson D, Turmaine M, Namini S, Chakrabarti L, et al. Schwann cell-derived Desert hedgehog controls the development of peripheral nerve sheaths. Neuron. 1999;23:713-24 pubmed..They also show that Schwann cell-derived signals can act as important regulators of nerve development. ..
- Tsai C, Lin S, Ito M, Takagi N, Takada S, Ferguson Smith A. Genomic imprinting contributes to thyroid hormone metabolism in the mouse embryo. Curr Biol. 2002;12:1221-6 pubmed..These results demonstrate that disruption of the imprinting status of Dio3 results in abnormal thyroid hormone levels and may contribute to the phenotypic abnormalities in UPD12 mice and UPD14 humans. ..
- Ferrell W, Lockhart J, Kelso E, Dunning L, Plevin R, Meek S, et al. Essential role for proteinase-activated receptor-2 in arthritis. J Clin Invest. 2003;111:35-41 pubmed
- Ghorbel M, Sharman G, Leroux M, Barrett T, Donovan D, Becker K, et al. Microarray analysis reveals interleukin-6 as a novel secretory product of the hypothalamo-neurohypophyseal system. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:19280-5 pubmed..We thus suggest that IL-6 takes the same secretory pathway as VP and is secreted from the posterior pituitary following a physiological stimulus. ..
- Beeson D, Webster R, Ealing J, Croxen R, Brownlow S, Brydson M, et al. Structural abnormalities of the AChR caused by mutations underlying congenital myasthenic syndromes. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003;998:114-24 pubmed..It was found that mutations within muscle AChRs are the most common cause of CMS. The majority are located within the epsilon-subunit gene and result in AChR deficiency. ..
- Goodall J, Martinozzi S, Dexter T, Champeval D, Carreira S, Larue L, et al. Brn-2 expression controls melanoma proliferation and is directly regulated by beta-catenin. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2915-22 pubmed..These results, together with the observation that BRAF signaling also induces Brn-2 expression, reveal that Brn-2 is a focus for the convergence of two key melanoma-associated signaling pathways that are linked to cell proliferation. ..
- Torgler C, Narasimha M, Knox A, Zervas C, Vernon M, Brown N. Tensin stabilizes integrin adhesive contacts in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2004;6:357-69 pubmed
- Daggett D, Boyd C, Gautier P, Bryson Richardson R, Thisse C, Thisse B, et al. Developmentally restricted actin-regulatory molecules control morphogenetic cell movements in the zebrafish gastrula. Curr Biol. 2004;14:1632-8 pubmed..Our results provide direct evidence for the deployment of developmentally restricted actin-regulatory molecules in the control of morphogenetic cell movements during vertebrate development. ..
- Gamble J, Karunadasa D, Pape J, Skynner M, Todman M, Bicknell R, et al. Disruption of ephrin signaling associates with disordered axophilic migration of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone neurons. J Neurosci. 2005;25:3142-50 pubmed..These data provide evidence for a role of EphA-ephrin signaling in the axophilic migration of the GnRH neurons during embryogenesis. ..
- Orr B, Grace O, Vanpoucke G, Ashley G, Thomson A. A role for notch signaling in stromal survival and differentiation during prostate development. Endocrinology. 2009;150:463-72 pubmed publisher..The effects of notch signaling upon the stroma were only evident in the presence of testosterone, in contrast to effects upon epithelial differentiation...
- Magnani D, Hasenpusch Theil K, Jacobs E, Campagnoni A, Price D, Theil T. The Gli3 hypomorphic mutation Pdn causes selective impairment in the growth, patterning, and axon guidance capability of the lateral ganglionic eminence. J Neurosci. 2010;30:13883-94 pubmed publisher..We conclude that correct Gli3 levels are particularly important for the LGE's growth, patterning, and development of axon guidance capabilities. ..
- Stitt A, McKenna D, Simpson D, Gardiner T, Harriott P, Archer D, et al. The 67-kd laminin receptor is preferentially expressed by proliferating retinal vessels in a murine model of ischemic retinopathy. Am J Pathol. 1998;152:1359-65 pubmed..The differential expression of 67LR between proliferating and quiescent retinal vessels suggests that this laminin receptor is an important and novel target for future chemotherapeutic intervention during proliferative vasculopathies. ..
- Yang M, Wang Z, MacPherson M, Dow J, Kaiser K. A novel Drosophila alkaline phosphatase specific to the ellipsoid body of the adult brain and the lower Malpighian (renal) tubule. Genetics. 2000;154:285-97 pubmed..These results suggest that Aph-4, while possessing a very narrow range of expression, nonetheless plays an important role in epithelial function. ..
- Smith B, Kennedy W, Harnden P, Selby P, Trejdosiewicz L, Southgate J. Identification of genes involved in human urothelial cell-matrix interactions: implications for the progression pathways of malignant urothelium. Cancer Res. 2001;61:1678-85 pubmed
- Catalano R, Hillhouse E, Vlad M. Developmental expression and characterization of FS39, a testis complementary DNA encoding an intermediate filament-related protein of the sperm fibrous sheath. Biol Reprod. 2001;65:277-87 pubmed..These results demonstrate that FS39 is transcribed in testis tissue during the haploid phase of spermatogenesis, is present in mature sperm, and codes for a novel 39-kDa intermediate filament-related protein of the fibrous sheath. ..
- Davies B, Kearns I, Ure J, Davies C, Lathe R. Loss of hippocampal serine protease BSP1/neuropsin predisposes to global seizure activity. J Neurosci. 2001;21:6993-7000 pubmed
- Moss A, Blackburn Munro G, Garry E, Blakemore J, Dickinson T, Rosie R, et al. A role of the ubiquitin-proteasome system in neuropathic pain. J Neurosci. 2002;22:1363-72 pubmed
- Sim F, Zhao C, Penderis J, Franklin R. The age-related decrease in CNS remyelination efficiency is attributable to an impairment of both oligodendrocyte progenitor recruitment and differentiation. J Neurosci. 2002;22:2451-9 pubmed
- Cillo F, Roberts I, Palukaitis P. In situ localization and tissue distribution of the replication-associated proteins of Cucumber mosaic virus in tobacco and cucumber. J Virol. 2002;76:10654-64 pubmed..These observations may represent differences in the relative rates of tissue infection in different hosts or differences in the extent of virus replication in vascular tissues of different hosts...
- Linforth R, Anderson N, Hoey R, Nolan T, Downey S, Brady G, et al. Coexpression of parathyroid hormone related protein and its receptor in early breast cancer predicts poor patient survival. Clin Cancer Res. 2002;8:3172-7 pubmed..004). Overall these results show that the PTHRP receptor is expressed more frequently in BM than EBC, and is associated with poor clinical outcome and survival. ..
- Hill A, Howard C, Strahle U, Cossins A. Neurodevelopmental defects in zebrafish (Danio rerio) at environmentally relevant dioxin (TCDD) concentrations. Toxicol Sci. 2003;76:392-9 pubmed..This disruption of neuronal development provides the basis for understanding the neurotoxic effects of these compounds. ..
- Vallier L, Reynolds D, Pedersen R. Nodal inhibits differentiation of human embryonic stem cells along the neuroectodermal default pathway. Dev Biol. 2004;275:403-21 pubmed..The effects of Nodal on early differentiation illustrate how hESCs can augment mouse embryos as a model for analyzing mechanisms of early mammalian development. ..
- Rashid T, Upton A, Blentic A, Ciossek T, Knöll B, Thompson I, et al. Opposing gradients of ephrin-As and EphA7 in the superior colliculus are essential for topographic mapping in the mammalian visual system. Neuron. 2005;47:57-69 pubmed..These findings suggest that opposing ephrin-A and EphA gradients are required for the proper development of the retinocollicular projection. ..