Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on immunohistochemistry in Sweden
Publications508 found, 100 shown here
- Delbro D. Expression of the non-neuronal cholinergic system in rat β-cells. Auton Neurosci. 2012;167:75-7 pubmed publisher..g. choline acetyltransferase) were demonstrated by immunohistochemistry in, seemingly, β-cells of rat pancreas. The findings may suggest an autocrine role of acetylcholine for the β-cells. ..
- Farooque M, Isaksson J, Jackson D, Olsson Y. Clomethiazole (ZENDRA, CMZ) improves hind limb motor function and reduces neuronal damage after severe spinal cord injury in rat. Acta Neuropathol. 1999;98:22-30 pubmed..4 +/- 2.7% in saline-treated injured animals and to 22.7 +/- 5.4% in CMZ-treated rats. Our results thus show that in this model CMZ improves hind limb motor function and attenuates the morphological damage to the spinal cord. ..
- Liu Z, Deng G, Foster S, Tarkowski A. Staphylococcal peptidoglycans induce arthritis. Arthritis Res. 2001;3:375-80 pubmed..Further studies showed that this condition is mediated by the combined impact of acquired and innate immune systems. Our results indicate that PGN exerts a central role in joint inflammation triggered by S. aureus...
- Ohlsson K, Bjartell A, Lilja H. Secretory leucocyte protease inhibitor in the male genital tract: PSA-induced proteolytic processing in human semen and tissue localization. J Androl. 1995;16:64-74 pubmed
- Jonsson J, Ahlgren U, Edlund T, Edlund H. IPF1, a homeodomain protein with a dual function in pancreas development. Int J Dev Biol. 1995;39:789-98 pubmed
- Andersen G, Vasko J. Scleroderma renal crisis and concurrent isolated pulmonary hypertension in mixed connective tissue disease and overlap syndrome: report of two cases. Clin Rheumatol. 2002;21:164-9 pubmed..To the best of our knowledge there are only five previous reports on SRC in MCTD and UCTD. The unexpected appearance of SRC in the setting of concomitant IPHT and limited or absent scleroderma skin changes is discussed. ..
- Aulin C, Bergman K, Jensen Waern M, Hedenqvist P, Hilborn J, Engstrand T. In situ cross-linkable hyaluronan hydrogel enhances chondrogenesis. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2011;5:e188-96 pubmed publisher..The hyaluronan-based hydrogel may be used as a delivery vehicle for both growth factors and/or cells for cartilage repair. The in vivo study also indicated that the hydrogel alone has a beneficial effect on cartilage regeneration. ..
- Ek M, Popovic K, Harris H, Nauclér C, Wahren Herlenius M. Increased extracellular levels of the novel proinflammatory cytokine high mobility group box chromosomal protein 1 in minor salivary glands of patients with Sjögren's syndrome. Arthritis Rheum. 2006;54:2289-94 pubmed..To investigate the expression of the novel proinflammatory cytokine high mobility group box chromosomal protein 1 (HMGB-1) in the salivary glands of patients with Sjögren's syndrome (SS) and patients with sicca symptoms...
- Folkesson M, Kazi M, Zhu C, Silveira A, Hemdahl A, Hamsten A, et al. Presence of NGAL/MMP-9 complexes in human abdominal aortic aneurysms. Thromb Haemost. 2007;98:427-33 pubmed..Neutrophil-derived NGAL could enhance the proteolytic activity associated with AAA, but the importance of this mechanism for aneurysm growth remains to be shown. ..
- Johard H, Enell L, Gustafsson E, Trifilieff P, Veenstra J, Nassel D. Intrinsic neurons of Drosophila mushroom bodies express short neuropeptide F: relations to extrinsic neurons expressing different neurotransmitters. J Comp Neurol. 2008;507:1479-96 pubmed publisher..However, it is likely that the Kenyon cells utilize an additional neurotransmitter, yet to be identified, and that the neuropeptides described here may represent cotransmitters. ..
- Suhr O, Lang K, Wikstrom L, Anan I, Ando Y, El Salhy M, et al. Scavenger treatment of free radical injury in familial amyloidotic polyneuropathy: a study on Swedish transplanted and non-transplanted patients. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2001;61:11-8 pubmed
- Håkansson H, Mellblom L, Johansson J, Bjartell A, Borgstrom A. Synthesis and localization of pancreatic secretory proteins in pancreatic acinar-like metaplasia in the distal part of the oesophagus. Pancreatic acinar metaplasia: another source of pancreatic enzymes!. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2003;38:10-3 pubmed..The biological significance of this finding has yet not been thoroughly studied. ..
- Fagman H, Grande M, Edsbagge J, Semb H, Nilsson M. Expression of classical cadherins in thyroid development: maintenance of an epithelial phenotype throughout organogenesis. Endocrinology. 2003;144:3618-24 pubmed
- Salehi A, Qader S, Ekblad E, Ekelund M. Defective insulin secretion during total parenteral nutrition in rat and its normalization by pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide 27. Regul Pept. 2004;119:83-91 pubmed..The data suggest that the defective nutrient-stimulated insulin secretion seen after long-term TPN treatment could be normalized by agents stimulating cAMP production possibly through cAMP/PK A-pathway. ..
- Mellin Dahlstrand H, Lindquist D, Björnestål L, Ohlsson A, Dalianis T, Munck Wikland E, et al. P16(INK4a) correlates to human papillomavirus presence, response to radiotherapy and clinical outcome in tonsillar carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2005;25:4375-83 pubmed..Here, p16(INK4A), in situ HPV DNA hybridisation (ISH) and HPVL1 capsid detection were evaluated in tonsillar carcinoma to predict the response to radiotherapy (RT) and prognosis...
- Chavoshi T, Moussian B, Uv A. Tissue-autonomous EcR functions are required for concurrent organ morphogenesis in the Drosophila embryo. Mech Dev. 2010;127:308-19 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that mid-embryonic EcR-activation imparts a level of gene regulation during embryonic organogenesis that has been largely overlooked, and possibly facilitates synchronized development of individual organs. ..
- Hansson E, Lanner F, Das D, Mutvei A, Marklund U, Ericson J, et al. Control of Notch-ligand endocytosis by ligand-receptor interaction. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:2931-42 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the interaction-dead Jagged1(Ndr) ligand provides new insights into the specific role of receptor-ligand interaction in the intracellular trafficking of Notch ligands. ..
- Stridh L, Ek C, Wang X, Nilsson H, Mallard C. Regulation of Toll-like receptors in the choroid plexus in the immature brain after systemic inflammatory stimuli. Transl Stroke Res. 2013;4:220-7 pubmed publisher..The data suggest a possible mechanism whereby systemic inflammation stimulates TLRs in the choroid plexus, which may lead to disturbances in choroid plexus barrier function, as well as infiltration of immune cells through the plexus. ..
- Simon A, Romert A, Gustafson A, McCaffery J, Eriksson U. Intracellular localization and membrane topology of 11-cis retinol dehydrogenase in the retinal pigment epithelium suggest a compartmentalized synthesis of 11-cis retinaldehyde. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 4):549-58 pubmed..Thus, the subcellular localization and the membrane topology of 11-cis retinol dehydrogenase suggest that generation of 11-cis retinaldehyde is a compartmentalized process. ..
- Friberg D. Heavy snorer's disease: a progressive local neuropathy. Acta Otolaryngol. 1999;119:925-33 pubmed..These lesions may cause the collapse of upper airways in OSAS. Since it is not known which "heavy snorer" will develop OSAS, early effective prevention and or treatment of snoring is called for. ..
- Kyriakopoulou C, Nordvarg H, Virtanen A. A novel nuclear human poly(A) polymerase (PAP), PAP gamma. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:33504-11 pubmed..The exclusive nuclear localization of hsPAP gamma establishes that multiple forms of PAP are unevenly distributed in the cell, implying specialized roles for the various isoforms. ..
- Thyboll J, Kortesmaa J, Cao R, Soininen R, Wang L, Iivanainen A, et al. Deletion of the laminin alpha4 chain leads to impaired microvessel maturation. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:1194-202 pubmed..The results demonstrate a central role for the laminin alpha4 chain in microvessel growth and, in the absence of other laminin alpha chains, in the composition of endothelial basement membranes. ..
- Belluardo N, Korhonen L, Mudo G, Lindholm D. Neuronal expression and regulation of rat inhibitor of apoptosis protein-2 by kainic acid in the rat brain. Eur J Neurosci. 2002;15:87-100 pubmed..The decrease in RIAP-2 in specific neuronal populations may contribute to cell degeneration in vulnerable brain regions observed after kainic acid treatment. ..
- Crisby M, Rahman S, Sylven C, Winblad B, Schultzberg M. Effects of high cholesterol diet on gliosis in apolipoprotein E knockout mice. Implications for Alzheimer's disease and stroke. Neurosci Lett. 2004;369:87-92 pubmed..The long time exposure to HC diet combined with apoE deficiency resulted in a synergistic effect on the expression of NQO1 in the brain. ..
- Holmberg A, Olsson C, Holmgren S. The effects of endogenous and exogenous nitric oxide on gut motility in zebrafish Danio rerio embryos and larvae. J Exp Biol. 2006;209:2472-9 pubmed..p.f., and at 1 day later in the proximal intestine. In conclusion, the present study suggests that a nitrergic inhibitory tonus develops shortly before or at the time for onset of exogenous feeding. ..
- Pilka R, Noskova V, Domanski H, Andersson C, Hansson S, Casslen B. Endometrial TIMP-4 mRNA is expressed in the stroma, while TIMP-4 protein accumulates in the epithelium and is released to the uterine fluid. Mol Hum Reprod. 2006;12:497-503 pubmed..MMP-26 is stored in epithelial cells in its active form, is not released spontaneously and is controlled by TIMP-4 in both stroma and uterine fluid. ..
- Svensson A, Tagerud S. Galectin-1 expression in innervated and denervated skeletal muscle. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2009;14:128-38 pubmed publisher..The results are compatible with a role for galectin-1 in facilitating reinnervation of denervated skeletal muscle. ..
- Dictor M, Ek S, Sundberg M, Warenholt J, György C, Sernbo S, et al. Strong lymphoid nuclear expression of SOX11 transcription factor defines lymphoblastic neoplasms, mantle cell lymphoma and Burkitt's lymphoma. Haematologica. 2009;94:1563-8 pubmed publisher..Its expression is independent of cyclin D1 (except for weak expression in hairy cell leukemias) and unlikely to be due to translocations in lymphoid neoplasia. ..
- Feng Y, Weijdegård B, Wang T, Egecioglu E, Fernandez Rodriguez J, Huhtaniemi I, et al. Spatiotemporal expression of androgen receptors in the female rat brain during the oestrous cycle and the impact of exogenous androgen administration: a comparison with gonadally intact males. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010;321:161-74 pubmed publisher..As a whole, the present study provides the first step toward understanding the dynamics of AR expression and regulation in the brain during normal physiological conditions and for differences in neuronal androgen effects based on sex. ..
- Möllerström E, Kovács A, Lövgren K, Nemes S, Delle U, Danielsson A, et al. Up-regulation of cell cycle arrest protein BTG2 correlates with increased overall survival in breast cancer, as detected by immunohistochemistry using tissue microarray. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:296 pubmed publisher..We conclude that high-level BTG2 protein expression correlates with prolonged survival in patients with breast carcinoma. ..
- Götlind Y, Raghavan S, Bland P, Hörnquist E. CD4+FoxP3+ regulatory T cells from G?i2-/- mice are functionally active in vitro, but do not prevent colitis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25073 pubmed publisher..However, G?i2(-/-) T effector cells are dramatically less susceptible to suppression in vitro, and in vivo, despite increased effective numbers of Treg, they cannot prevent disease. ..
- Blennow K, Bogdanovic N, Alafuzoff I, Ekman R, Davidsson P. Synaptic pathology in Alzheimer's disease: relation to severity of dementia, but not to senile plaques, neurofibrillary tangles, or the ApoE4 allele. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 1996;103:603-18 pubmed
- Wang L, Andersson S, Warner M, Gustafsson J. Morphological abnormalities in the brains of estrogen receptor beta knockout mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:2792-6 pubmed
- Virtanen M, Gedde Dahl T, Mork N, Leigh I, Bowden P, Vahlquist A. Phenotypic/genotypic correlations in patients with epidermolytic hyperkeratosis and the effects of retinoid therapy on keratin expression. Acta Derm Venereol. 2001;81:163-70 pubmed
- Jönsson D, Nilsson J, Odenlund M, Bratthall G, Broman J, Ekblad E, et al. Demonstration of mitochondrial oestrogen receptor beta and oestrogen-induced attenuation of cytochrome c oxidase subunit I expression in human periodontal ligament cells. Arch Oral Biol. 2007;52:669-76 pubmed
- Lagerstedt Robinson K, Liu T, Vandrovcova J, Halvarsson B, Clendenning M, Frebourg T, et al. Lynch syndrome (hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer) diagnostics. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2007;99:291-9 pubmed..Our findings suggest that missense MMR gene mutations are common in HNPCC and that germline MMR mutations are also found in patients with MSI-negative tumors. ..
- Amandusson A, Blomqvist A. Estrogen receptor-alpha expression in nociceptive-responsive neurons in the medullary dorsal horn of the female rat. Eur J Pain. 2010;14:245-8 pubmed publisher..These findings show that nociceptive-responsive neurons in the medullary dorsal horn express ERalpha, thus providing a possible morphological basis for the hypothesis that estrogens directly regulate pain transmission at this level. ..
- Lipcsey M, Olovsson M, Larsson E, Einarsson R, Qadhr G, Sjölin J, et al. The brain is a source of S100B increase during endotoxemia in the pig. Anesth Analg. 2010;110:174-80 pubmed publisher..0047). Our results support the hypothesis that the brain is an important source of S100B in endotoxemia even though there may be other sources. These findings make S100B a candidate as a marker of cerebral dysfunction in septic shock. ..
- Hosokawa K, Ottander U, Wahlberg P, Ny T, Cajander S, Olofsson I. Dominant expression and distribution of oestrogen receptor beta over oestrogen receptor alpha in the human corpus luteum. Mol Hum Reprod. 2001;7:137-45 pubmed
- Pattyn A, Vallstedt A, Dias J, Sander M, Ericson J. Complementary roles for Nkx6 and Nkx2 class proteins in the establishment of motoneuron identity in the hindbrain. Development. 2003;130:4149-59 pubmed..Thus, both visceral and somatic motoneuron differentiation appear to rely on the combined activity of cell intrinsic determinants, rather than on a single key determinant of neuronal cell fate. ..
- Yamada S, Busse M, Ueno M, Kelly O, Skarnes W, Sugahara K, et al. Embryonic fibroblasts with a gene trap mutation in Ext1 produce short heparan sulfate chains. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:32134-41 pubmed..These data suggest that not only the sulfation pattern but also the length of the heparan sulfate chains is a critical determinant of normal mouse development. ..
- Samuelsson A, Bollano E, Mobini R, Larsson B, Omerovic E, Fu M, et al. Hyperinsulinemia: effect on cardiac mass/function, angiotensin II receptor expression, and insulin signaling pathways. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2006;291:H787-96 pubmed..These changes might be crucial for increased cardiovascular growth and fibrosis and signs of impaired LV function. ..
- Ohrvik H, Oskarsson A, Lundh T, Skerfving S, Tallkvist J. Impact of iron status on cadmium uptake in suckling piglets. Toxicology. 2007;240:15-24 pubmed..Our results suggest that there are developmental differences in the handling of both iron and cadmium in newborns as compared to adults. ..
- Partheen K, Levan K, Osterberg L, Claesson I, Fallenius G, Sundfeldt K, et al. Four potential biomarkers as prognostic factors in stage III serous ovarian adenocarcinomas. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:2130-7 pubmed publisher..According to our results, the 4 biomarkers CLU, ITGB3, PRAME and CAPG may be used as prognostic factors for patients with stage III serous ovarian adenocarcinomas...
- Sandgren K, Larsson L, Ekelund M, Robinsson D, Ekblad E. Functional and morphological examination of ganglionic and aganglionic distal gut from the lethal spotted mouse. Eur J Pediatr Surg. 1998;8:234-9 pubmed..Addition of the NOS-inhibitor N-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester (L-NAME) caused per se a weak and transient contraction and reduced the amplitude of the EFS-induced relaxation in control intestine. ..
- Damdimopoulos A, Miranda Vizuete A, Pelto Huikko M, Gustafsson J, Spyrou G. Human mitochondrial thioredoxin. Involvement in mitochondrial membrane potential and cell death. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:33249-57 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that Trx2 interacts with specific components of the mitochondrial respiratory chain and plays an important role in the regulation of the mitochondrial membrane potential. ..
- Näpänkangas U, Lindqvist N, Lindholm D, Hallböök F. Rat retinal ganglion cells upregulate the pro-apoptotic BH3-only protein Bim after optic nerve transection. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2003;120:30-7 pubmed
- Svensson S, Jirstrom K, Rydén L, Roos G, Emdin S, Ostrowski M, et al. ERK phosphorylation is linked to VEGFR2 expression and Ets-2 phosphorylation in breast cancer and is associated with tamoxifen treatment resistance and small tumours with good prognosis. Oncogene. 2005;24:4370-9 pubmed..Finally, patients with oestrogen receptor positive and ERK1/2 phosphorylated tumours also had an impaired tamoxifen response. ..
- Sand A, Andersson E, Fried G. Nitric oxide donors mediate vasodilation in human placental arteries partly through a direct effect on potassium channels. Placenta. 2006;27:181-90 pubmed..This effect profile is a unique feature of drugs acting by K(+) channel opening. The immunohistochemistry shows that BK(Ca) channels are located both in smooth muscle and in endothelium in placental arteries. ..
- Meng C, Marions L, Bystrom B, Gemzell Danielsson K. Effects of oral and vaginal administration of levonorgestrel emergency contraception on markers of endometrial receptivity. Hum Reprod. 2010;25:874-83 pubmed publisher..The two regimens of levonorgestrel caused either only minor or no alterations in markers of endometrial receptivity. New agents targeting the endometrial development should be explored in order to increase EC efficacy. ..
- Mulder H, Ahren B, Sundler F. Differential expression of islet amyloid polypeptide (amylin) and insulin in experimental diabetes in rodents. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1995;114:101-9 pubmed..Thus, IAPP and insulin gene expression are differentially regulated in experimental diabetes in rodents and IAPP is predominantly expressed in insulin cells. ..
- Johansson S, Gustafson A, Donovan M, Romert A, Eriksson U, Dencker L. Retinoid binding proteins in mouse yolk sac and chorio-allantoic placentas. Anat Embryol (Berl). 1997;195:483-90 pubmed..The chorio-allantoic placenta, on the other hand, does not appear to have this capacity, while the presence of CRBP I does suggest a retinol-metabolizing capability. ..
- Johansen J, Broberger C, Lavebratt C, Johansson C, Kuhar M, Hokfelt T, et al. Hypothalamic CART and serum leptin levels are reduced in the anorectic (anx/anx) mouse. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2000;84:97-105 pubmed..Alternatively, the reduced arcuate CART expression may be a consequence of a molecular defect in the arcuate nucleus of these animals. ..
- Winther A, Siviter R, Isaac R, Predel R, Nassel D. Neuronal expression of tachykinin-related peptides and gene transcript during postembryonic development of Drosophila. J Comp Neurol. 2003;464:180-96 pubmed..The continuous expression of TRPs in neurons throughout postembryonic development suggests specific functional roles in both larval and imaginal flies and possibly also in some neurons during pupal development. ..
- Dahlgren E, Gull B, Willen R, Sundler F, Rosen T, Jansson P. Sertoli-Leydig cell tumour in a postmenopausal woman showing all facets of the insulin resistance syndrome (IRS). Ups J Med Sci. 2005;110:233-6 pubmed..This is the first case to suggest an association between IRS and Sertoli-Leydig cell tumours. Furthermore, we highlight the difficulties in detecting this ovarian tumour with sonography...
- Birzniece V, Turkmen S, Lindblad C, Zhu D, Johansson I, Backstrom T, et al. GABA(A) receptor changes in acute allopregnanolone tolerance. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;535:125-34 pubmed..These changes in GABA(A) receptor subunits mRNA expression and protein (alpha4) might be of importance for the development of acute tolerance to allopregnanolone. ..
- Wang Z, Li J, Danscher G, Dahlstrom A. Localization of zinc-enriched neurons in the mouse peripheral sympathetic system. Brain Res. 2002;928:165-74 pubmed..The present data support the notion that a subgroup of mouse sympathetic postganglionic neurons are ZEN neurons. ..
- Stark K, Torma H, Cristea M, Oliw E. Expression of CYP4F8 (prostaglandin H 19-hydroxylase) in human epithelia and prominent induction in epidermis of psoriatic lesions. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2003;409:188-96 pubmed..The cDNA of CYP4F8 from plucked scalp hair roots was identical with the genital cDNA sequence. We conclude that CYP4F8 is present in epithelial linings and up regulated in epidermis of psoriatic lesions. ..
- Zuber B, Levitsky V, Jönsson G, Paulie S, Samarina A, Grundström S, et al. Detection of human perforin by ELISpot and ELISA: ex vivo identification of virus-specific cells. J Immunol Methods. 2005;302:13-25 pubmed..In addition, the capture immunoassays could provide tools for studying CTL responses in infectious and tumor diseases as well as for vaccine development. ..
- Brolén G, Heins N, Edsbagge J, Semb H. Signals from the embryonic mouse pancreas induce differentiation of human embryonic stem cells into insulin-producing beta-cell-like cells. Diabetes. 2005;54:2867-74 pubmed
- Hansson S, Korsgren S, Ponten F, Korsgren O. Enteroviruses and the pathogenesis of type 1 diabetes revisited: cross-reactivity of enterovirus capsid protein (VP1) antibodies with human mitochondrial proteins. J Pathol. 2013;229:719-28 pubmed publisher..These findings call for revisiting the presence of enteroviruses in pancreatic islets of patients with type 1 diabetes. ..
- Tjernlund U, Scheynius A, Johansson C, Hagforsen E, Nilsson H. T-cell response to purified protein derivative after removal of Langerhans' cells from epidermal cell suspensions containing keratinocytes expressing class II transplantation antigens. Scand J Immunol. 1988;28:667-73 pubmed..This study does not support the hypothesis that HLA-DR-expressing keratinocytes can in themselves act as antigen-presenting cells. ..
- Holmberg K, Shi T, Albers K, Davis B, Hokfelt T. Effect of peripheral nerve lesion and lumbar sympathectomy on peptide regulation in dorsal root ganglia in the NGF-overexpressing mouse. Exp Neurol. 2001;167:290-303 pubmed..Finally, expression of NPY in sympathetic ganglia is differently regulated in NGFOE compared to wild-type mice. ..
- Cantera R, Lüer K, Rusten T, Barrio R, Kafatos F, Technau G. Mutations in spalt cause a severe but reversible neurodegenerative phenotype in the embryonic central nervous system of Drosophila melanogaster. Development. 2002;129:5577-86 pubmed..Effects on the expression of these genes are persistent but many morphological aspects of the phenotype are transient, leading to the concept of sequential redundancy for stable organisation of the central nervous system. ..
- Jennische E, Bergstrom T, Johansson M, Nyström K, Tarkowski A, Hansson H, et al. The peptide AF-16 abolishes sickness and death at experimental encephalitis by reducing increase of intracranial pressure. Brain Res. 2008;1227:189-97 pubmed publisher..Thus, AF-16 abolished the prevalence of sickness signs, ICP elevation, neurological malfunctions and completely prevented deaths. We advocate use of AF-16 for suppression of elevated ICP. ..
- Fagerberg B, Ryndel M, Kjelldahl J, Akyürek L, Rosengren L, Karlström L, et al. Differences in lesion severity and cellular composition between in vivo assessed upstream and downstream sides of human symptomatic carotid atherosclerotic plaques. J Vasc Res. 2010;47:221-30 pubmed publisher..The up- and downstream sides of symptomatic carotid plaques differed in plaque morphology and composition. This implies that the intraplaque location of sampling sites may be a confounding factor in studies of atherosclerotic plaques. ..
- Skirnisdottir I, Seidal T. The apoptosis regulators p53, bax and PUMA: Relationship and impact on outcome in early stage (FIGO I-II) ovarian carcinoma after post-surgical taxane-based treatment. Oncol Rep. 2012;27:741-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, p53 bax status was an independent prognostic factor for survival in this study. ..
- Westin U, Fryksmark U, Polling A, Ohlsson K. Localisation of secretory leucocyte proteinase inhibitor mRNA in nasal mucosa. Acta Otolaryngol. 1994;114:199-202 pubmed..This, together with the high concentration of SLPI in nasal secretions, confirms the hypothesis of a local production of SLPI in the mucous membranes. ..
- Hellquist H, Hellqvist H, Vejlens L, Lindholm C. Epithelioid leiomyoma of the larynx. Histopathology. 1994;24:155-9 pubmed..Epithelioid leiomyomas located in other sites have been shown to act occasionally in a malignant fashion, and the necessity for careful long-term follow-up of the patient is therefore emphasized. ..
- Svensson S, Nilsson K, Ringberg A, Landberg G. Invade or proliferate? Two contrasting events in malignant behavior governed by p16(INK4a) and an intact Rb pathway illustrated by a model system of basal cell carcinoma. Cancer Res. 2003;63:1737-42 pubmed..Thus, invasion is not necessarily analogous with proliferation, implicating a paradigm shift in the understanding of two central processes in malignant behavior. ..
- Arlehag L, Adell G, Knutsen A, Thorstenson S, Sun X. ATM expression in rectal cancers with or without preoperative radiotherapy. Oncol Rep. 2005;14:313-7 pubmed..05). In conclusion, the pattern of ATM expression was changed from normal mucosa to tumour. Less expression of ATM may be related to males. ..
- Zuber B, Quigley M, Critchfield J, Shacklett B, Abel K, Miller C, et al. Detection of macaque perforin expression and release by flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, ELISA, and ELISpot. J Immunol Methods. 2006;312:45-53 pubmed..These macaque PFN-reactive mAbs and immunoassays will be valuable new tools for investigation of cytotoxic T lymphocyte (CTL) responses in non-human primate models of infectious diseases as well as for vaccine development. ..
- Mansson A, Adner M, Höckerfelt U, Cardell L. A distinct Toll-like receptor repertoire in human tonsillar B cells, directly activated by PamCSK, R-837 and CpG-2006 stimulation. Immunology. 2006;118:539-48 pubmed..Furthermore, the distinct expression of TLRs allows B cells to respond directly to the cognate PAMPs. This further emphasizes the role of TLRs in directly activating adaptive immune cells. ..
- Karrar A, Broome U, Uzunel M, Qureshi A, Sumitran Holgersson S. Human liver sinusoidal endothelial cells induce apoptosis in activated T cells: a role in tolerance induction. Gut. 2007;56:243-52 pubmed..This study may provide insight for exploring the mechanisms of immune tolerance by liver allografts, immune escape by some liver pathogens including hepatitis C and pathogenesis of liver diseases. ..
- Carlsson Y, Leverin A, Hedtjarn M, Wang X, Mallard C, Hagberg H. Role of mixed lineage kinase inhibition in neonatal hypoxia-ischemia. Dev Neurosci. 2009;31:420-6 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the MLK inhibitor CEP-1347 has protective effects in a neonatal rat model of hypoxia-ischemia, which is mainly related to reduced apoptosis. ..
- Ahren B, Sundler F. Localization of calcitonin gene-related peptide and islet amyloid polypeptide in the rat and mouse pancreas. Cell Tissue Res. 1992;269:315-22 pubmed..We conclude that CGRP is a pancreatic neuropeptide and IAPP is an islet endocrine peptide in both the rat and the mouse, whereas CGRP is an islet endocrine peptide in the rat. ..
- Edvinsson L, Gulbenkian S, Barroso C, Cunha e Sa M, Polak J, Mortensen A, et al. Innervation of the human middle meningeal artery: immunohistochemistry, ultrastructure, and role of endothelium for vasomotility. Peptides. 1998;19:1213-25 pubmed..Blockade experiments showed that the vasomotor responses to norepinephrine were blocked by prazosin, to NPY by BIBP 3226, acetylcholine by atropin, substance P by RP 67580, and the human alpha-CGRP response by human alpha-CGRP(8-37)...
- Svensson L, Aszodi A, Reinholt F, Fassler R, Heinegard D, Oldberg A. Fibromodulin-null mice have abnormal collagen fibrils, tissue organization, and altered lumican deposition in tendon. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:9636-47 pubmed..These results demonstrate a role for fibromodulin in collagen fibrillogenesis and suggest that the orchestrated action of several leucine-rich repeat glycoproteins/proteoglycans influence the architecture of collagen matrices. ..
- Li H, Arber S, Jessell T, Edlund H. Selective agenesis of the dorsal pancreas in mice lacking homeobox gene Hlxb9. Nat Genet. 1999;23:67-70 pubmed..Thus, dorsally Hlxb9 is required for specifying the gut epithelium to a pancreatic fate and ventrally for ensuring proper endocrine cell differentiation. ..
- Hashemi S, Li J, Schindler M, Dahlstrom A. Presence of sst2(a) receptor immunoreactivity in rat ependyma and tanycytes. Neuroreport. 2001;12:1793-7 pubmed..Since rather high levels of somatostatin are demonstrated to occur in the cerebrospinal fluid of the third ventricle, it is suggested that somatostatin via the sst2(a) receptor may regulate the physiology of tanycytes. ..
- Cluff A, Bystrom B, Klimaviciute A, Dahlqvist C, Cebers G, Malmstrom A, et al. Prolonged labour associated with lower expression of syndecan 3 and connexin 43 in human uterine tissue. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2006;4:24 pubmed
- Sitnik K, Wendland K, Weishaupt H, Uronen Hansson H, White A, Anderson G, et al. Context-Dependent Development of Lymphoid Stroma from Adult CD34(+) Adventitial Progenitors. Cell Rep. 2016;14:2375-88 pubmed publisher..These findings extend the current understanding of lymphoid mesenchymal cell heterogeneity and highlight a role of the CD34(+) adventitia as a potential ubiquitous source of lymphoid stromal precursors in postnatal tissues. ..
- Sjö A, Magnusson K, Peterson K. Distinct effects of protein kinase C on the barrier function at different developmental stages. Biosci Rep. 2003;23:87-102 pubmed..We conclude that protein kinase C regulation of the epithelial barrier involves specific molecular mechanisms and achieves distinct effects at different developmental stages. ..
- Jacobson M, Aspan A, Königsson M, Segerstad C, Wallgren P, Fellström C, et al. Routine diagnostics of Lawsonia intracellularis performed by PCR, serological and post mortem examination, with special emphasis on sample preparation methods for PCR. Vet Microbiol. 2004;102:189-201 pubmed..To determine the presence of the bacteria in a herd, serology or repeated faecal sampling for PCR from target animals, or both, should be used...
- Svedlund J, Aurén M, Sundstrom M, Dralle H, Akerstrom G, Björklund P, et al. Aberrant WNT/?-catenin signaling in parathyroid carcinoma. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:294 pubmed publisher..The molecular etiology of PC is poorly understood...
- Patel M, Donaldson A, Lewis A, Natanek S, Lee J, Andersson Y, et al. Klotho and smoking--An interplay influencing the skeletal muscle function deficits that occur in COPD. Respir Med. 2016;113:50-6 pubmed publisher..Whilst serum Klotho levels were not reduced in smokers or COPD patients and were not associated with quadriceps Klotho protein, they did relate to quadriceps strength. ..
- Frängsmyr L, Baranov V, Prall F, Yeung M, Wagener C, Hammarstrom S. Cell- and region-specific expression of biliary glycoprotein and its messenger RNA in normal human colonic mucosa. Cancer Res. 1995;55:2963-7 pubmed..The fuzzy-coat localization of BGP implies a role in nonspecific defense mechanisms against pathogens. ..
- Bergstedt K, Hu B, Wieloch T. Initiation of protein synthesis and heat-shock protein-72 expression in the rat brain following severe insulin-induced hypoglycemia. Acta Neuropathol. 1993;86:145-53 pubmed..The HSP 72 expression may be a protective response to injurious stress. ..