Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on immunoenzyme techniques in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: immunoenzyme techniques
Publications232 found, 100 shown here
- Benchabane H, Xin N, Tian A, Hafler B, Nguyen K, Ahmed A, et al. Jerky/Earthbound facilitates cell-specific Wnt/Wingless signalling by modulating Î²-catenin-TCF activity. EMBO J. 2011;30:1444-58 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that tissue-restricted transcriptional co-activators facilitate cell-specific Wnt/Wingless signalling responses by modulating Î²-catenin-TCF activity. ..
- Kenyon J, Fu P, Lingas K, Thomas E, Saurastri A, Santos Guasch G, et al. Humans accumulate microsatellite instability with acquired loss of MLH1 protein in hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells as a function of age. Blood. 2012;120:3229-36 pubmed publisher..Loss of MSH2 did not correlate with age. Thus, a potentially early event in the normal human aging process is microsatellite instability accumulation in normal human HPCs associated with the loss of MLH1 protein expression. ..
- Cunningham C, Schulte B, Bianchi L, Weber P, Schmiedt B. Microwave decalcification of human temporal bones. Laryngoscope. 2001;111:278-82 pubmed..Decalcification time is significantly reduced with no apparent adverse effects on structural preservation or antigenicity. ..
- Yuan C, Vergilio J, Zhao X, Smith T, Harris N, Bagg A. CD10 and BCL6 expression in the diagnosis of angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma: utility of detecting CD10+ T cells by flow cytometry. Hum Pathol. 2005;36:784-91 pubmed..Although our series is small, our results suggest that CD10 coexpression may be a useful discriminant, particularly if the differential diagnosis is PTCL-NOS, and demonstrate that this can be determined by FCM. ..
- Morey Kinney S, Zhang W, Pascual M, Greally J, Gillard B, Karasik E, et al. Lack of evidence for green tea polyphenols as DNA methylation inhibitors in murine prostate. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2009;2:1065-75 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that oral administration of GTPs does not affect normal or cancer-specific DNA methylation in the murine prostate. ..
- Kalakonda S, Nallar S, Lindner D, Sun P, Lorenz R, Lamarre E, et al. GRIM-19 mutations fail to inhibit v-Src-induced oncogenesis. Oncogene. 2014;33:3195-204 pubmed publisher..The tumor-derived mutant GRIM-19 proteins failed to upregulate Pag1. These studies show a novel mechanism that deregulates Src activity in cancer cells. ..
- Ollivier F, Brooks D, Schultz G, Blalock T, Andrew S, Komaromy A, et al. Connective tissue growth factor in tear film of the horse: detection, identification and origin. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2004;242:165-171 pubmed publisher..Equine CTGF has strong antigenic similarity with human CTGF. Corneal disease leads to a decrease of CTGF concentrations in tears. The possible role of CTGF in the healing process of ocular surface requires further investigation. ..
- Han K, Croker B, Clapp W, Werner D, Sahni M, Kim J, et al. Expression of the ammonia transporter, rh C glycoprotein, in normal and neoplastic human kidney. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006;17:2670-9 pubmed..Furthermore, renal chromophobe renal cell carcinoma and renal oncocytoma seem to originate from the A-type intercalated cell. ..
- Barnes C, Portnoy J, Sever M, Arbes S, Vaughn B, Zeldin D. Comparison of enzyme immunoassay-based assays for environmental Alternaria alternata. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2006;97:350-6 pubmed
- Thakker M, Huang J, Possin D, Ahmadi A, Mudumbai R, Orcutt J, et al. Human orbital sympathetic nerve pathways. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2008;24:360-6 pubmed publisher..The ophthalmic artery and all of its branches contain a perivascular sympathetic nerve supply that may be involved in regulation of blood flow to ocular and orbital structures. ..
- Schoolmeesters A, Brown D, Fedorov Y. Kinome-wide functional genomics screen reveals a novel mechanism of TNF?-induced nuclear accumulation of the HIF-1? transcription factor in cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31270 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results illuminate a novel mechanism through which cancer initiation and progression may be promoted by inflammatory cytokines, highlighting new potential avenues for fighting this disease. ..
- Rahman M, Azari H, Deleyrolle L, Millette S, Zeng H, Reynolds B. Controlling tumor invasion: bevacizumab and BMP4 for glioblastoma. Future Oncol. 2013;9:1389-96 pubmed publisher..Bevacizumab treatment did not result in diffuse infiltration of human GBM in a mouse xenograft model. BMP4 did have an independent favorable effect on GBM that was not synergistic with bevacizumab treatment. ..
- Yarrow J, Beck D, Conover C, Beggs L, Goldberger B, Borst S. Invalidation of a commercially available human 5?-dihydrotestosterone immunoassay. Steroids. 2013;78:1220-5 pubmed publisher..The cross-reactivity of testosterone is particularly concerning because testsoterone is present in 100-fold greater concentrations than is DHT within the circulation. ..
- Gatti Mays M, Venzon D, Galbo C, Singer A, Reynolds J, Makariou E, et al. Exemestane Use in Postmenopausal Women at High Risk for Invasive Breast Cancer: Evaluating Biomarkers of Efficacy and Safety. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2016;9:225-33 pubmed publisher..It was well tolerated with few clinically relevant side effects. MD and breast tissue TFF1 are potential biomarkers of breast cancer-preventive effects of exemestane in high-risk postmenopausal women. ..
- Altman R, Shahied S, Pizzuti W, Brandon D, Anderson L, Freund C. Premarital HIV-1 testing in New Jersey. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 1992;5:7-11 pubmed..Results of this magnitude support a recommendation in New Jersey of voluntary HIV-1 counseling and testing for marriage applicants. ..
- Whitlon D, Sobkowicz H. GABA-like immunoreactivity in the cochlea of the developing mouse. J Neurocytol. 1989;18:505-18 pubmed..The occasional presence of GABA-positive neurons in the vestibular ganglion, in the VIIIth nerve nucleus, and exceptionally among the spiral neurons raises the possibility of a local GABAergic circuitry within the inner ear...
- Wang H, Kunkel D, Schwartzkroin P, Tempel B. Localization of Kv1.1 and Kv1.2, two K channel proteins, to synaptic terminals, somata, and dendrites in the mouse brain. J Neurosci. 1994;14:4588-99 pubmed..This overlapping yet differential pattern of expression and specific subcellular localization may contribute to the unique profile of excitability displayed by a particular neuron. ..
- McDonald A, Muller J, Mascagni F. GABAergic innervation of alpha type II calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase immunoreactive pyramidal neurons in the rat basolateral amygdala. J Comp Neurol. 2002;446:199-218 pubmed
- Thongngarm T, Jenkins J, Ndebele K, McMurray R. Estrogen and progesterone modulate monocyte cell cycle progression and apoptosis. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2003;49:129-38 pubmed..Further investigation should provide a better understanding of pregnancy-induced immune changes and, perhaps, sex-based differences in monocyte function and immunologic responses. ..
- Grys T, Sloan L, Rosenblatt J, Patel R. Rapid and sensitive detection of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli from nonenriched stool specimens by real-time PCR in comparison to enzyme immunoassay and culture. J Clin Microbiol. 2009;47:2008-12 pubmed publisher..The PCR assay demonstrated 100% sensitivity and specificity compared to EIA and/or culture and more rapid turnaround than either EIA or culture. ..
- Kidd C, Kidd M, Hofmann H. Measuring multiple hormones from a single water sample using enzyme immunoassays. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2010;165:277-85 pubmed publisher..Our results show that when using appropriate controls to account for possible technical and biological confounds, this technique provides a powerful new tool for research in aquatic endocrinology and physiology. ..
- Mujugira A, Morrow R, Celum C, Lingappa J, Delany Moretlwe S, Fife K, et al. Performance of the Focus HerpeSelect-2 enzyme immunoassay for the detection of herpes simplex virus type 2 antibodies in seven African countries. Sex Transm Infect. 2011;87:238-41 pubmed publisher..An assay cut-off value of 2.1 or greater results in approximately 90% sensitivity and specificity, against a gold standard HSV-2 western blot. Diagnostic accuracy differed slightly by geographical region. ..
- Zhang Y, Kim K, Zhang W, Guo Y, Kim S, Lu J. Galbanic acid decreases androgen receptor abundance and signaling and induces G1 arrest in prostate cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2012;130:200-12 pubmed publisher..Our observations of anti-AR and cell cycle arrest actions plus the anti-angiogenesis effect reported elsewhere suggest GBA as a multitargeting drug candidate for the prevention and therapy of PCa. ..
- Radisky D, Santisteban M, Berman H, Gauthier M, Frost M, Reynolds C, et al. p16(INK4a) expression and breast cancer risk in women with atypical hyperplasia. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2011;4:1953-60 pubmed publisher..01). However, the addition of p16 levels did not strengthen this association. p16 overexpression, either alone or in combination with COX-2 and Ki-67, does not significantly stratify breast cancer risk in women with AH. ..
- Wang C, Yuan X, Yang S. IFT80 is essential for chondrocyte differentiation by regulating Hedgehog and Wnt signaling pathways. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:623-32 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results demonstrate that IFT80 is essential for chondrocyte differentiation by regulating the Hh and Wnt signaling pathways. ..
- Nduom E, Wei J, Yaghi N, Huang N, Kong L, Gabrusiewicz K, et al. PD-L1 expression and prognostic impact in glioblastoma. Neuro Oncol. 2016;18:195-205 pubmed publisher..Higher expression of PD-L1 is correlated with worse outcome. ..
- Prince H, Yeh C. Reactivity of human IgM binding murine monoclonal 6B6C1 (IgG2a) with other murine monoclonal IgG antibodies. J Clin Lab Anal. 2013;27:27-30 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that samples positive in IgM-capture EIAs utilizing conjugated MAbs should always be retested in the absence of antigen to identify false-positive reactivity caused by direct IgM-MAb interaction. ..
- Davey F, Olson S, Kurec A, Eastman Abaya R, Gottlieb A, Mason D. The immunophenotyping of extramedullary myeloid cell tumors in paraffin-embedded tissue sections. Am J Surg Pathol. 1988;12:699-707 pubmed..We conclude that tissues containing granulocytic tumors can be identified in paraffin-embedded tissue sections using a panel of antibodies and the APAAP procedure. ..
- Barnes C, Buckley S, Pacheco F, Portnoy J. IgE-reactive proteins from Stachybotrys chartarum. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2002;89:29-33 pubmed..This fungus may impact the asthmatic and allergic population through both immunologic and toxic mechanisms. Its significance in the milieu of allergenic fungi may need to be re-evaluated. ..
- Hu V, Malley S, Dattilio A, Folsom J, Zvara P, Vizzard M. COX-2 and prostanoid expression in micturition pathways after cyclophosphamide-induced cystitis in the rat. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2003;284:R574-85 pubmed..These studies suggest an involvement of urinary bladder COX-2 and its metabolites in altered micturition reflexes with CYP-induced cystitis. ..
- Katz S, Klisovic D, O DORISIO M, Lynch R, Lubow M. Expression of somatostatin receptors 1 and 2 in human choroid plexus and arachnoid granulations: implications for idiopathic intracranial hypertension. Arch Ophthalmol. 2002;120:1540-3 pubmed..Data are scarce regarding the cell-specific distribution of somatostatin receptors in normal human CP and AGs, the sites of cerebrospinal fluid production and egress. ..
- Dong M, Johnson M, Rezaie A, Ilsley J, Nakanishi M, Sanders M, et al. Cytoplasmic phospholipase A2 levels correlate with apoptosis in human colon tumorigenesis. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:2265-71 pubmed..Our data further support the model in which colon cancer growth is favored when intracellular arachidonic acid levels are suppressed by inhibition of cPLA(2) or by a high-COX-2/low-cPLA(2) phenotype. ..
- Barker Griffith A, Streeten B, Charles N. Moll gland neoplasms of the eyelid: a clinical and pathological spectrum in 5 cases. Arch Ophthalmol. 2006;124:1645-9 pubmed
- Oshtory S, Apisarnthanarax N, Gilliam A, Cooper K, Meyerson H. Usefulness of flow cytometry in the diagnosis of mycosis fungoides. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2007;57:454-62 pubmed..Small study size was a limitation. Flow cytometry of skin biopsy specimens is a sensitive method for detecting abnormalities in MF and should be considered part of the routine workup of patients with a clinical suggestion of MF. ..
- Hoffmann N, Sheinin Y, Lohse C, Parker A, Leibovich B, Jiang Z, et al. External validation of IMP3 expression as an independent prognostic marker for metastatic progression and death for patients with clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Cancer. 2008;112:1471-9 pubmed publisher..71; P< .001). Using a large and independent cohort of ccRCC patients, the authors confirmed that tumor cell IMP3 expression represents an independent predictor of aggressive ccRCC tumor behavior. ..
- Bai H, Zhu B. Myricetin and quercetin are naturally occurring co-substrates of cyclooxygenases in vivo. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2010;82:45-50 pubmed publisher..w.), there was a dose-dependent reduction of the stimulatory effect. These results provide support for the hypothesis that some of the bioflavonoids are naturally occurring physiological co-substrates for the cyclooxygenases in vivo. ..
- Stelzer M, Pitot H, Liem A, Lee D, Kennedy G, Lambert P. Rapamycin inhibits anal carcinogenesis in two preclinical animal models. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2010;3:1542-51 pubmed publisher..As has been seen in other cancers, rapamycin treatment led to an activation of the MAPK pathway. These results provide us cause to pursue further the evaluation of rapamycin as a therapeutic agent in the control of anal cancer. ..
- Makishima H, Sugimoto Y, Szpurka H, Clemente M, Ng K, Muramatsu H, et al. CBL mutation-related patterns of phosphorylation and sensitivity to tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Leukemia. 2012;26:1547-54 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the promiscuous effects of CBL loss on SFK and RTK signaling appear to be best targeted by dual SFK and RTK inhibition. ..
- Hsieh C, Chou H, Yang H, Lin F, Bhatt S, Qin J, et al. The role of complement component 3 (C3) in differentiation of myeloid-derived suppressor cells. Blood. 2013;121:1760-8 pubmed publisher..These findings provide novel mechanistic insights into the differentiation of myeloid cells mediated by local tissue cells, and may assist in the development of MDSC-based therapy in clinical settings. ..
- Abu Odeh M, Hereema N, Aqeilan R. WWOX modulates the ATR-mediated DNA damage checkpoint response. Oncotarget. 2016;7:4344-55 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present findings indicate that WWOX plays a key role in ATR checkpoint activation, while its absence might facilitate genomic instability. ..
- Baron P, Beitsch P, Boselli D, Symanowski J, Pellicane J, Beatty J, et al. Impact of Tumor Size on Probability of Pathologic Complete Response After Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:1522-9 pubmed publisher..Factors significantly associated with pCR were PR status, grade, lymph node status, and BluePrint molecular subtyping, which had the strongest correlation. ..
- Yang X, Feng Y, Chong H, Wang D, Hu X, Pu J, et al. High-throughput estimation of specific activities of enzyme/mutants in cell lysates through immunoturbidimetric assay of proteins. Anal Biochem. 2017;534:91-98 pubmed publisher..Therefore, ITA of enzyme/mutants as proteins is promising to estimate their specific activities in cell lysates in high-throughput mode for quantitative comparison. ..
- Tian J, Bishop G. Stimulus-dependent activation of c-Fos in neurons and glia in the rat cerebellum. J Chem Neuroanat. 2002;23:157-70 pubmed..Further, it reveals the presence of an activity dependent protein in the cytoplasm of Purkinje cell somata and dendrites. ..
- Yin G, Liu W, An P, Li P, Ding I, Planelles V, et al. Endostatin gene transfer inhibits joint angiogenesis and pannus formation in inflammatory arthritis. Mol Ther. 2002;5:547-54 pubmed..These data suggest a novel mechanism by which endostatin inhibits angiogenesis, and demonstrates the potential utility of anti-angiogenic gene therapy for treatment of inflammatory arthritis. ..
- Ka H, Hunt J. FLICE-inhibitory protein: expression in early and late gestation human placentas. Placenta. 2006;27:626-34 pubmed..The results of this study are consistent with the postulate that FLIP proteins have critical roles in placental cell survival and suggest that FLIP may protect normal and transformed trophoblast cells from cell death. ..
- Chicoine L, Paffett M, Girton M, Metropoulus M, Joshi M, Bauer J, et al. Maturational changes in the regulation of pulmonary vascular tone by nitric oxide in neonatal rats. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2007;293:L1261-70 pubmed..The observed differences in NO sensitivity may be due to maturational increases in soluble guanylyl cyclase protein levels. ..
- Ocón Grove O, Krzysik Walker S, Maddineni S, Hendricks G, Ramachandran R. NAMPT (visfatin) in the chicken testis: influence of sexual maturation on cellular localization, plasma levels and gene and protein expression. Reproduction. 2010;139:217-26 pubmed publisher..Taken together, sexual maturation is associated with several changes in testicular NAMPT expression indicating that NAMPT is likely to play a significant role in testicular functions such as spermatogenesis and steroidogenesis. ..
- Triozzi P, Aldrich W. Effects of interleukin-1 receptor antagonist and chemotherapy on host-tumor interactions in established melanoma. Anticancer Res. 2010;30:345-54 pubmed..The effects of IL-1 and chemotherapy in melanoma are complex. IL-1Ra modifies myeloid suppressor cell populations and may have a role with chemotherapy in the treatment of established melanoma. ..
- Vesosky B, Rottinghaus E, Stromberg P, Turner J, Beamer G. CCL5 participates in early protection against Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Leukoc Biol. 2010;87:1153-65 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results contribute to a model of M.tb granuloma formation dependent on temporal regulation of chemokines rather than on redundant or promiscuous interactions. ..
- Advani A, Gibson S, Douglas E, Jin T, Zhao X, Kalaycio M, et al. Histone H4 acetylation by immunohistochemistry and prognosis in newly diagnosed adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) patients. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:387 pubmed publisher..07, p = 0.005), and OS (HR 0.24, p = 0.007). This association remained statistically significant in multivariate analysis. These data provide a rationale for the design of novel regimens incorporating HDAC inhibitors in ALL. ..
- Mittal A, Bhatnagar S, Kumar A, Paul P, Kuang S, Kumar A. Genetic ablation of TWEAK augments regeneration and post-injury growth of skeletal muscle in mice. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:1732-42 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our study suggests that TWEAK negatively regulates muscle regeneration and that TWEAK is a potential therapeutic target to enhance skeletal muscle regeneration in vivo. ..
- Zhang X, Rovin B. Hepcidin expression by human monocytes in response to adhesion and pro-inflammatory cytokines. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1800:1262-7 pubmed publisher..The appearance of hepcidin in the kidneys or urine during glomerular diseases may be from infiltrating monocytes induced to express hepcidin by adherence and exposure to pro-inflammatory cytokines found in the renal milieu. ..
- Delmas A, Riggs B, Pardo C, Dyer L, Darst R, Izumchenko E, et al. WIF1 is a frequent target for epigenetic silencing in squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix. Carcinogenesis. 2011;32:1625-33 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish the WIF1 gene as a frequent target for epigenetic silencing in squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix. ..
- Sun Y, Cao S, Yang M, Wu S, Wang Z, Lin X, et al. Basic anatomy and tumor biology of the RPS6KA6 gene that encodes the p90 ribosomal S6 kinase-4. Oncogene. 2013;32:1794-810 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that whether RSK4 is oncogenic or tumor suppressive depends on many factors. ..
- So A, Garcia Flores Y, Minisandram A, Martin A, Taganov K, Boldin M, et al. Regulation of APC development, immune response, and autoimmunity by Bach1/HO-1 pathway in mice. Blood. 2012;120:2428-37 pubmed..By contrast, we observed an increase in hematopoietic stem-progenitor cells (HSPCs) in these mice, suggesting a developmental block in the progression of HSPCs to CMP-Flk2(+) and subsequently APCs. ..
- Sailaja G, Bhoopathi P, Gorantla B, Chetty C, Gogineni V, Velpula K, et al. The secreted protein acidic and rich in cysteine (SPARC) induces endoplasmic reticulum stress leading to autophagy-mediated apoptosis in neuroblastoma. Int J Oncol. 2013;42:188-96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results illustrate the critical role of ER stress in regulating autophagy-mediated apoptosis in SPARC-overexpressed neuroblastoma cells and radiation treatment. ..
- Arendt L, McCready J, Keller P, Baker D, Naber S, Seewaldt V, et al. Obesity promotes breast cancer by CCL2-mediated macrophage recruitment and angiogenesis. Cancer Res. 2013;73:6080-93 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a mechanistic role for adipocytes and macrophages before carcinogenesis that may be critical for prevention and treatment of obesity-related cancer. ..
- Li Y, Lu J, Zhou S, Wang W, Tan G, Zhang Z, et al. Clusterin induced by N,N'-Dinitrosopiperazine is involved in nasopharyngeal carcinoma metastasis. Oncotarget. 2016;7:5548-63 pubmed publisher..Therefore, DNP-increased CLU expression may be an important factor of NPC-high metastasis, and CLU may serve as a biomarker for NPC metastasis. ..
- Phillips M, Webb Wood S, Faulkner A, Jabbar S, Biousse V, Newman N, et al. Retinal function and structure in Ant1-deficient mice. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:6744-52 pubmed publisher..Moderate functional changes coupled with a lack of detectable morphologic changes suggest that ANT1 is not essential for ATP transport in the retina. ..
- Tang Y, Chen Y, Jiang H, Robbins G, Nie D. G-protein-coupled receptor for short-chain fatty acids suppresses colon cancer. Int J Cancer. 2011;128:847-56 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that GPR43 functions as a tumor suppressor by mediating SCFA-induced cell proliferation inhibition and apoptotic cell death in colon cancer. ..
- Fenton R, Molesworth Kenyon S, Oakes J, Lausch R. Linkage of IL-6 with neutrophil chemoattractant expression in virus-induced ocular inflammation. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2002;43:737-43 pubmed
- Nasr M, Mukhopadhyay S, Zhang S, Katzenstein A. Immunohistochemical markers in diagnosis of papillary thyroid carcinoma: Utility of HBME1 combined with CK19 immunostaining. Mod Pathol. 2006;19:1631-7 pubmed..These findings suggest that the combination of HBME1 and CK19 has the greatest diagnostic utility in the differentiation of papillary thyroid carcinoma from its benign mimics. ..
- Hou F, Xiao M, Li J, Cook D, Zeng W, Zhang C, et al. Ameliorative Effect of Grape Seed Proanthocyanidin Extract on Cadmium-Induced Meiosis Inhibition During Oogenesis in Chicken Embryos. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2016;299:450-60 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the findings provided novel insights into the underlying mechanism of Cd-induced meiosis inhibition and indicated that GSPE might potentially ameliorate related reproductive disorders. ..
- Rohrer B, Ogilvie J. Retarded outer segment development in TrkB knockout mouse retina organ culture. Mol Vis. 2003;9:18-23 pubmed..3) More generally, this study stresses the importance of investigating complex phenotypes in gene knockout mice under conditions that isolate the organ under investigation from unrelated systemic variations. ..
- Seigel G, Sun W, Salvi R, Campbell L, Sullivan S, Reidy J. Human corneal stem cells display functional neuronal properties. Mol Vis. 2003;9:159-63 pubmed..Human corneal stem cells may represent a potential source of non-embryonic, autologous, surgically-accessible graft material with neuronal potential. ..
- Singh S, Singh R, Singh U, Rai S, Novakovic K, Chung L, et al. Clinical and biological significance of CXCR5 expressed by prostate cancer specimens and cell lines. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:2288-95 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate the clinical and biological relevance of the CXCL13-CXCR5 pathway and its role in PCa cell invasion and migration. ..
- Ganapathy P, Perry R, Tawfik A, Smith R, Perry E, Roon P, et al. Homocysteine-mediated modulation of mitochondrial dynamics in retinal ganglion cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:5551-8 pubmed publisher..Of particular relevance are glaucoma and Alzheimer's disease, neurodegenerative diseases that are associated with hyperhomocysteinemia and, more recently, have implicated increased mitochondrial fission in their pathogeneses. ..
- Fu J, Rodova M, Nanta R, Meeker D, Van Veldhuizen P, Srivastava R, et al. NPV-LDE-225 (Erismodegib) inhibits epithelial mesenchymal transition and self-renewal of glioblastoma initiating cells by regulating miR-21, miR-128, and miR-200. Neuro Oncol. 2013;15:691-706 pubmed publisher..Our data highlight the importance of the SHH pathway for self-renewal and early metastasis of GICs. ..
- Bauer J, Morrison B, Grane R, Jacobs B, Dabney S, Gamero A, et al. Effects of interferon beta on transcobalamin II-receptor expression and antitumor activity of nitrosylcobalamin. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2002;94:1010-9 pubmed..NO-Cbl inhibited tumor growth in vivo by activating the extrinsic apoptotic pathway. The increased expression of TC II-R induced by IFN-beta resulted in enhanced antitumor effects with NO-Cbl both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Lalla R, Boisoneau D, Spiro J, Kreutzer D. Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors on tumor cells in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2003;129:882-8 pubmed..The presence of VEGFRs on tumor-associated macrophages and fibroblasts contributes to the complexity of the VEGF/VEGFR system in human cancer. ..
- Trumble T, Brown M, Merritt K, Billinghurst R. Joint dependent concentrations of bone alkaline phosphatase in serum and synovial fluids of horses with osteochondral injury: an analytical and clinical validation. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2008;16:779-86 pubmed
- Kearney K, Pretlow T, Pretlow T. Increased expression of fatty acid synthase in human aberrant crypt foci: possible target for colorectal cancer prevention. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:249-52 pubmed publisher..The over expression of FAS in a high proportion of ACF suggests that this enzyme plays an important role very early in colorectal tumorigenesis and may be a target for chemoprevention. ..
- Sato W, Tanabe K, Kosugi T, Hudkins K, Lanaspa M, Zhang L, et al. Selective stimulation of VEGFR2 accelerates progressive renal disease. Am J Pathol. 2011;179:155-66 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, prestimulation of VEGFR2 can potentiate subsequent renal injury in mice, an effect enhanced in the setting of nitric oxide deficiency. ..
- Perry G, Mulvihill P, Fried V, Smith H, Grundke Iqbal I, Iqbal K. Immunochemical properties of ubiquitin conjugates in the paired helical filaments of Alzheimer disease. J Neurochem. 1989;52:1523-8 pubmed
- Cohen R, Neiders M, Bedi G, Comeau R. Induction of type 2 cystatin in rat submandibular glands by systemically administered agents. Arch Oral Biol. 1993;38:319-25 pubmed
- Montrose D, Horelik N, Madigan J, Stoner G, Wang L, Bruno R, et al. Anti-inflammatory effects of freeze-dried black raspberry powder in ulcerative colitis. Carcinogenesis. 2011;32:343-50 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate a potent anti-inflammatory effect of BRB during DSS-induced colonic injury, supporting its possible therapeutic or preventive role in the pathogenesis of UC and related neoplastic events. ..
- Weinman E, Roche P, Kasperbauer J, Cha S, Sargent D, Cheville J, et al. Characterization of antigen processing machinery and Survivin expression in tonsillar squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer. 2003;97:2203-11 pubmed..For TSCC that maintain the expression of HLA Class I antigen, overexpression of Survivin may provide an alternative explanation for tumor progression. ..
- Schiro M, Stauber S, Peterson T, Krueger C, Darnell S, Satyshur K, et al. Mutations in protein-binding hot-spots on the hub protein Smad3 differentially affect its protein interactions and Smad3-regulated gene expression. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25021 pubmed publisher..This approach should be useful for unraveling which Smad3 protein complexes are critical for specific biological responses. ..
- Li T, Zhang J, Zhu F, Wen W, Zykova T, Li X, et al. P21-activated protein kinase (PAK2)-mediated c-Jun phosphorylation at 5 threonine sites promotes cell transformation. Carcinogenesis. 2011;32:659-66 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that PAK2/c-Jun signaling plays an important role in EGF-induced cell proliferation and transformation. ..
- Canella A, Cordero Nieves H, Sborov D, Cascione L, Radomska H, Smith E, et al. HDAC inhibitor AR-42 decreases CD44 expression and sensitizes myeloma cells to lenalidomide. Oncotarget. 2015;6:31134-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings shed light on potential novel combinatorial therapeutic approaches modulating CD44 expression, which may help overcome lenalidomide resistance in myeloma patients. ..
- Boockfor F. Sertoli cells in culture release a pregnancy specific beta1 glycoprotein-like substance. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1997;214:139-45 pubmed..Moreover, this release appears to be controlled in an age-related and stage-dependent manner, suggesting that Sertoli cells may be central to PSG function in the testis. ..
- Antic T, Perry K, Harrison K, Zaytsev P, Pins M, Campbell S, et al. Mixed epithelial and stromal tumor of the kidney and cystic nephroma share overlapping features: reappraisal of 15 lesions. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2006;130:80-5 pubmed..Our studies also suggest that the tubules may be entrapped rather than comprising an intrinsic component of the tumor. However, further studies, including molecular studies, are needed to support this hypothesis. ..
- Verlander J, Moudy R, Campbell W, Cain B, Wingo C. Immunohistochemical localization of H-K-ATPase alpha(2c)-subunit in rabbit kidney. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2001;281:F357-65 pubmed
- Duan X, Bruneval P, Hammadeh R, Fresco R, Eble J, Clark J, et al. Metastatic juxtaglomerular cell tumor in a 52-year-old man. Am J Surg Pathol. 2004;28:1098-102 pubmed..In consideration of the characteristic morphologic features, immunohistochemistry, and the presence of rhomboid crystals of proto-renin, the diagnosis was modified to malignant juxtaglomerular cell tumor. ..
- Visco C, Hoeller S, Malik J, Xu Monette Z, Wiggins M, Liu J, et al. Molecular characteristics of mantle cell lymphoma presenting with clonal plasma cell component. Am J Surg Pathol. 2011;35:177-89 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that MCL can present with a PC component that is often clonally related to the lymphoma, representing a rare but unique biological variant of this tumor. ..