Experts and Doctors on hydronephrosis in United States
Locale: United States
- Koff S. Requirements for accurately diagnosing chronic partial upper urinary tract obstruction in children with hydronephrosis. Pediatr Radiol. 2008;38 Suppl 1:S41-8 pubmed..We examine here the requirements for making an accurate diagnosis of obstruction in the young child with hydronephrosis. ..
- Abdulnour H, Williams J, Kairalla J, Garin E. Does hydronephrosis predict the presence of severe vesicoureteral reflux?. Eur J Pediatr. 2012;171:1605-10 pubmed publisher..Positive predictive value and negative predictive value were 74 and 87 %, respectively. Odds ratios for the relationship between hydronephrosis and severe VUR was significant (p = 0.046)...
- Becknell B, Carpenter A, Allen J, Wilhide M, Ingraham S, Hains D, et al. Molecular basis of renal adaptation in a murine model of congenital obstructive nephropathy. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72762 pubmed publisher..These observations will permit the development of novel biomarkers and therapeutic approaches to progressive renal injury in the context of congenital obstruction. ..
- Austin A, Jogani S, Brasher P, Argula R, Huggins J, Chopra A. The Urinothorax: A Comprehensive Review With Case Series. Am J Med Sci. 2017;354:44-53 pubmed publisher..Management of a urinothorax requires a multidisciplinary approach with an emphasis on the correction of the underlying GU tract pathology, and once corrected, this often leads to a rapid resolution of the pleural effusion. ..
- Watson W, Brost B. Maternal hydronephrosis in pregnancy: poor association with symptoms of flank pain. Am J Perinatol. 2006;23:463-6 pubmed..In the clinical evaluation of pregnant women with flank pain, hydronephrosis should not be considered etiologic in the absence of other clinical evidence...
- Krzanowski T, Mazur W. A complication associated with the Murphy eye of an endotracheal tube. Anesth Analg. 2005;100:1854-5 pubmed..In retrospect, the standard external inspection of an endotracheal tube may not be sufficient enough to insure the quality and safety of each endotracheal tube used...
- Thomae T, Glover E, Bradfield C. A maternal Ahr null genotype sensitizes embryos to chemical teratogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30189-94 pubmed..In this regard, the Ahr(-/-) mouse may provide a system that allows pharmacological agents and toxicants to be more easily studied in a model where first pass clearance is a significant obstacle. ..
- Whelan C, Schwartz B. Bilateral guaifenesin ureteral calculi. Urology. 2004;63:175-6 pubmed..These stones may be associated with excessive guaifenesin intake related to the current popularity of ephedrine preparations. ..
- Onen A, Jayanthi V, Koff S. Long-term followup of prenatally detected severe bilateral newborn hydronephrosis initially managed nonoperatively. J Urol. 2002;168:1118-20 pubmed..We determine the outcome of severe bilateral primary ureteropelvic junction type hydronephrosis detected prenatally and managed postnatally with an initially nonoperative protocol...
- Hirselj D, Zmaj P, Firlit C. Occult ureteropelvic junction obstruction presenting as anuria and urinary ascites in an infant with antenatal, unilateral hydronephrosis. J Pediatr Urol. 2009;5:405-7 pubmed publisher..To discuss an unusual case of occult ureteropelvic junction obstruction...
- Feldman D, Decambre M, Kong E, Borgida A, Jamil M, McKenna P, et al. Evaluation and follow-up of fetal hydronephrosis. J Ultrasound Med. 2001;20:1065-9 pubmed..To determine the antenatal course and neonatal follow-up of isolated fetal hydronephrosis...
- Carpenter A, Becknell B, Ingraham S, McHugh K. Ultrasound imaging of the murine kidney. Methods Mol Biol. 2012;886:403-10 pubmed publisher..We have developed a simple US-based method of detection and quantitation of hydronephrosis in a mouse model of congenital obstructive nephropathy, the megabladder (mgb) mouse...
- Risma K, Clay C, Nett T, Wagner T, Yun J, Nilson J. Targeted overexpression of luteinizing hormone in transgenic mice leads to infertility, polycystic ovaries, and ovarian tumors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:1322-6 pubmed
- Carpenter A, Becknell M, Ching C, Cuaresma E, Chen X, Hains D, et al. Uroplakin 1b is critical in urinary tract development and urothelial differentiation and homeostasis. Kidney Int. 2016;89:612-24 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Upk1b plays a previously unknown role in early kidney development representing a novel genetic target for congenital anomalies of the kidney and urinary tract. ..