Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on hyaluronoglucosaminidase in United States
Locale: United States
- Zhu Y, Crewe C, Scherer P. Hyaluronan in adipose tissue: Beyond dermal filler and therapeutic carrier. Sci Transl Med. 2016;8:323ps4 pubmed publisher..However, this role poses as many challenges as opportunities for therapeutic targeting of adipose tissue dysfunction during nutrient oversupply. ..
- Brown D, Zacher L, Farmerie W. Spreading factors of Mycoplasma alligatoris, a flesh-eating mycoplasma. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:3922-7 pubmed..This genetic and biochemical evidence suggests that the spreading factors hyaluronidase and sialidase, a combination unprecedented in mycoplasmas, are the basis of the virulence of M. alligatoris. ..
- Reese K, Aravindan R, Griffiths G, Shao M, Wang Y, Galileo D, et al. Acidic hyaluronidase activity is present in mouse sperm and is reduced in the absence of SPAM1: evidence for a role for hyaluronidase 3 in mouse and human sperm. Mol Reprod Dev. 2010;77:759-72 pubmed publisher..HYAL3 is expressed in epididymal tissue/fluid, from where it is acquired by caudal mouse sperm in vitro. Our results reveal concerted activity of both neutral- and acid-active hyaluronidases in sperm. ..
- Miller K, Shao M, Martin DeLeon P. Hyalp1 in murine sperm function: evidence for unique and overlapping functions with other reproductive hyaluronidases. J Androl. 2007;28:67-76 pubmed..Taken together, the findings reveal that Hyalp1 likely has a unique function in the adult testis, and redundant overlapping ones with Spam1 and may compensate for it in Spam1 null mice. ..
- Chen H, Griffiths G, Galileo D, Martin DeLeon P. Epididymal SPAM1 is a marker for sperm maturation in the mouse. Biol Reprod. 2006;74:923-30 pubmed..001) than that for sperm capacitated in W/T SPAM1-antibody-inhibited ELF. Because epididymal SPAM1 uptake significantly increases cumulus penetration, we conclude that it is a marker of sperm maturation. ..
- Lin Y, Kimmel L, Myles D, Primakoff P. Molecular cloning of the human and monkey sperm surface protein PH-20. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:10071-5 pubmed..4-kb message. Northern blots of tissues other than testis are negative for PH-20, indicating that human PH-20 is testis-specific...
- Zhang H, Martin DeLeon P. Mouse epididymal Spam1 (pH-20) is released in the luminal fluid with its lipid anchor. J Androl. 2003;24:51-8 pubmed
- Morales C, Badran H, El Alfy M, Men H, Zhang H, Martin DeLeon P. Cytoplasmic localization during testicular biogenesis of the murine mRNA for Spam1 (PH-20), a protein involved in acrosomal exocytosis. Mol Reprod Dev. 2004;69:475-82 pubmed
- Vigdorovich V, Strong R, Miller A. Expression and characterization of a soluble, active form of the jaagsiekte sheep retrovirus receptor, Hyal2. J Virol. 2005;79:79-86 pubmed..In contrast to results obtained with avian retroviruses, purified receptor was not capable of promoting transduction of cells that do not express the virus receptor. ..
- Van Hoeven N, Miller A. Improved enzootic nasal tumor virus pseudotype packaging cell lines reveal virus entry requirements in addition to the primary receptor Hyal2. J Virol. 2005;79:87-94 pubmed..These results indicate the possibility of a coreceptor requirement for these viruses. ..
- Zhang H, Shertok S, Miller K, Taylor L, Martin DeLeon P. Sperm dysfunction in the Rb(6.16)- and Rb(6.15)-bearing mice revisited: involvement of Hyalp1 and Hyal5. Mol Reprod Dev. 2005;72:404-10 pubmed..It is proposed that the clustering of point mutations in all three genes results from the cumulative effect of spontaneous mutations that do not disperse in the population due to suppression of recombination that occurs at Rb junctions. ..
- Deng X, Moran J, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, Primakoff P, et al. The mouse Spam1 maps to proximal chromosome 6 and is a candidate for the sperm dysfunction in Rb(6.16)24Lub and Rb(6.15)1Ald heterozygotes. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:94-7 pubmed..16)24Lub or Rb(6.15)1Ald translocation. ..
- Qiu X, Brown L, Parameswaran S, Marek V, Ibbott G, Lai Fook S. Effect of hyaluronidase on albumin diffusion in lung interstitium. Lung. 1999;177:273-88 pubmed..Hyaluronidase had no effect on A. Results indicated an interaction between albumin and interstitial hyaluronan that was the opposite of the steric effect on albumin excluded volume measured in solution...
- Sahiner N, Jha A, Nguyen D, Jia X. Fabrication and characterization of cross-linkable hydrogel particles based on hyaluronic acid: potential application in vocal fold regeneration. J Biomater Sci Polym Ed. 2008;19:223-43 pubmed publisher..24%/min in the first 6 h. When encapsulated in the DXN, R6G was released at a steady rate of 0.03%/min for over 3 days. These novel hydrogels are promising implant materials for vocal fold tissue regeneration. ..
- Zheng Y, Deng X, Zhao Y, Zhang H, Martin DeLeon P. Spam1 (PH-20) mutations and sperm dysfunction in mice with the Rb(6.16) or Rb(6.15) translocation. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:822-9 pubmed..Entrapment of spontaneous Spam1 mutations, owing to recombination suppression near the Rb junctions, is proposed as the major underlying defect of the sperm dysfunction. ..
- Zhang H, Jones R, Martin DeLeon P. Expression and secretion of rat SPAM1(2B1 or PH-20) in the epididymis: role of testicular lumicrine factors. Matrix Biol. 2004;22:653-61 pubmed
- Liu S, Duh F, Lerman M, Miller A. Role of virus receptor Hyal2 in oncogenic transformation of rodent fibroblasts by sheep betaretrovirus env proteins. J Virol. 2003;77:2850-8 pubmed
- Zhang H, Martin DeLeon P. Mouse Spam1 (PH-20) is a multifunctional protein: evidence for its expression in the female reproductive tract. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:446-54 pubmed..Our results provide further evidence that Spam1 is a multifunctional protein and that it is less restricted in its expression than previously reported. ..
- Lathrop W, Carmichael E, Myles D, Primakoff P. cDNA cloning reveals the molecular structure of a sperm surface protein, PH-20, involved in sperm-egg adhesion and the wide distribution of its gene among mammals. J Cell Biol. 1990;111:2939-49 pubmed..Species specificity may result from limited changes in these molecules, either in their binding domains or in other regions that affect the ability of the binding domains to interact...
- Evans E, Zhang H, Martin DeLeon P. SPAM1 (PH-20) protein and mRNA expression in the epididymides of humans and macaques: utilizing laser microdissection/RT-PCR. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2003;1:54 pubmed..This conservation of expression suggests that the protein is likely to play an important function, possibly in sperm maturation. ..
- Muthusamy S, Hong K, Dassanayaka S, Hamid T, Jones S. E2F1 Transcription Factor Regulates O-linked N-acetylglucosamine (O-GlcNAc) Transferase and O-GlcNAcase Expression. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:31013-24 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this work identifies and validates some of the promoter elements for mouse Ogt and Mgea5 genes. Specifically, E2F1 negatively regulates both Ogt and Mgea5 expression in an Rb1 protein-dependent manner. ..
- Gurski L, Xu X, Labrada L, Nguyen N, Xiao L, van Golen K, et al. Hyaluronan (HA) interacting proteins RHAMM and hyaluronidase impact prostate cancer cell behavior and invadopodia formation in 3D HA-based hydrogels. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50075 pubmed publisher..Thus, we report development of a 3D system amenable to dissection of biological processes associated with cancer cell motility through HA-rich connective tissues...
- Suderman R, Rice D, Gibson S, Strick E, Chao D. Development of polyol-responsive antibody mimetics for single-step protein purification. Protein Expr Purif. 2017;134:114-124 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, nanoCLAMPs constitute the first antibody mimetics demonstrated to be polyol-responsive. ..
- Zhang H, Barnoski B, Sol Church K, Stabley D, Martin DeLeon P. Murine Spam1 mRNA: involvement of AU-rich elements in the 3'UTR and antisense RNA in its tight post-transcriptional regulation in spermatids. Mol Reprod Dev. 2006;73:247-55 pubmed..We hypothesize that testicular Spam1 RNA is regulated post-transcriptionally by cis-acting ARE(s) in the 3'UTR which recognize AUBPs and which are modulated by antisense transcripts. ..
- de la Motte C, Nigro J, Vasanji A, Rho H, Kessler S, Bandyopadhyay S, et al. Platelet-derived hyaluronidase 2 cleaves hyaluronan into fragments that trigger monocyte-mediated production of proinflammatory cytokines. Am J Pathol. 2009;174:2254-64 pubmed publisher..The platelet may thus provide an interface between acute and chronic inflammation, wound healing, and their subsequent fibrotic responses. ..
- Griffiths G, Galileo D, Reese K, Martin DeLeon P. Investigating the role of murine epididymosomes and uterosomes in GPI-linked protein transfer to sperm using SPAM1 as a model. Mol Reprod Dev. 2008;75:1627-36 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results implicate vesicular docking as the mechanism of vesicle-mediated GPI-linked protein transfer to sperm from murine reproductive fluids...
- Grigorieva A, Griffiths G, Zhang H, Laverty G, Shao M, Taylor L, et al. Expression of SPAM1 (PH-20) in the murine kidney is not accompanied by hyaluronidase activity: evidence for potential roles in fluid and water reabsorption. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2007;30:145-55 pubmed..05) lower osmolar output in the nulls. After water deprivation (24 h), a significant (p < 0.01) increase in urine osmolality was seen only for wild-type mice. SPAM1 is implicated in fluid reabsorption and urine concentration. ..
- Martin DeLeon P, Zhang H, Morales C, Zhao Y, Rulon M, Barnoski B, et al. Spam1-associated transmission ratio distortion in mice: elucidating the mechanism. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2005;3:32 pubmed..We provide strong support for the LOS hypothesis, and have elucidated the mechanism of Spam1-associated TRD. ..
- Zhang H, Morales C, Badran H, El Alfy M, Martin DeLeon P. Spam1 (PH-20) expression in the extratesticular duct and accessory organs of the mouse: a possible role in sperm fluid reabsorption. Biol Reprod. 2004;71:1101-7 pubmed..In the efferent ducts, where Spam1 is enriched in the apical (but not basolateral) membrane of nonciliated cells, it is likely to play a role in sperm concentration, which is the established function of that organ. ..
- Deng X, Czymmek K, Martin DeLeon P. Biochemical maturation of Spam1 (PH-20) during epididymal transit of mouse sperm involves modifications of N-linked oligosaccharides. Mol Reprod Dev. 1999;52:196-206 pubmed..Based on the difference in size and intensity of the Spaml bands and hyaluronidase activities from caput and caudal sperm, the data suggest that the activation of Spaml during epididymal maturation is regulated by deglycosylation. ..
- Lin Y, Mahan K, Lathrop W, Myles D, Primakoff P. A hyaluronidase activity of the sperm plasma membrane protein PH-20 enables sperm to penetrate the cumulus cell layer surrounding the egg. J Cell Biol. 1994;125:1157-63 pubmed..These results, indicating that PH-20 enables acrosome intact sperm to penetrate the cumulus barrier, reveal a mechanism for cumulus penetration, and thus provide the missing element in the current model. ..
- Thaler C, Cardullo R. Biochemical characterization of a glycosylphosphatidylinositol-linked hyaluronidase on mouse sperm. Biochemistry. 1995;34:7788-95 pubmed..Both forms may be necessary for successful penetration of the extracellular vestments that surround the egg prior to fertilization. ..