Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in United States
Locale: United States
- Kennedy B. European Generic Medicines Association (EGA)--16th Annual Conference. IDrugs. 2010;13:530-3 pubmed
- Smith E, Lin C, Shilatifard A. The super elongation complex (SEC) and MLL in development and disease. Genes Dev. 2011;25:661-72 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the normal developmental roles of MLL and the SEC, and how MLL fusion proteins can mediate leukemogenesis. ..
- Gabriel E, Singla S, Kim M, Fisher D, Powers C, Visioni A, et al. Water lavage as an adjunct to cytoreductive surgery with hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (CRS-HIPEC). Am J Surg. 2017;214:462-467 pubmed publisher..32 vs WL-:0.39, pÂ =Â 0.47). A subset analysis for patients with PCI >20 showed no difference between groups. WL offers a low cost, safe and theoretically efficacious method of tumor cell lysis for peritoneal malignancy. ..
- Theeler B, Keylock J, Yoest S, Forouhar M. Ewing's sarcoma family tumors mimicking primary central nervous system neoplasms. J Neurol Sci. 2009;284:186-9 pubmed publisher..Correct diagnosis is essential as the treatment paradigms for both entities differ. We present two cases of isolated central nervous system presentations of ESFTs mimicking primary central nervous system neoplasms...
- O Malley D, Vetter M, Cohn D, Khan A, Hays J. Outpatient desensitization in selected patients with platinum hypersensitivity reactions. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;145:603-610 pubmed publisher..We also describe the clinical categorizations utilized to triage patients to appropriate desensitization protocols. ..
- Sala L, Matsunaga G, Corica F, Ornstein D. Robot-assisted laparoscopic radical cystoprostatectomy and totally intracorporeal ileal neobladder. J Endourol. 2006;20:233-5; discussion 236 pubmed..Robot-assisted laparoscopic radical cystoprostatectomy with intracorporeal ileal neobladder construction is technically feasible. However, its role in the management of invasive bladder cancer remains to be defined. ..
- McBride A, Allen P, Woodward W, Kim M, Kuerer H, Drinka E, et al. Locoregional recurrence risk for patients with T1,2 breast cancer with 1-3 positive lymph nodes treated with mastectomy and systemic treatment. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014;89:392-8 pubmed publisher..Postmastectomy radiation therapy (PMRT) has been shown to benefit breast cancer patients with 1 to 3 positive lymph nodes, but it is unclear how modern changes in management have affected the benefits of PMRT...
- Cooper B, Brimer N, Stoler M, Vande Pol S. Suprabasal overexpression of beta-1 integrin is induced by bovine papillomavirus type 1. Virology. 2006;355:102-14 pubmed publisher..The ability of BPV-1 E7 to support beta1-integrin expression and EGF independent DNA synthesis and the activation of ERK are the first biochemical correlates of its expression in keratinocytes...
- Killu A, Wright R, Kopecky S. Questions and answers on proper peri-operative management of antiplatelet therapy after coronary stent implantation to prevent stent thrombosis. Am J Cardiol. 2013;112:1046-50 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this case presentation highlights some pertinent issues related to ST, including its risk factors, the perioperative management of antiplatelet agents, and treatment for ST. ..
- Haydar S, Yun H, Andrae P, Mattes J, Zhang J, Kramer A, et al. 5-Cyclic amine-3-arylsulfonylindazoles as novel 5-HT6 receptor antagonists. J Med Chem. 2010;53:2521-7 pubmed publisher..The synthesis and structure-activity relationship of this potent class are discussed. ..
- Fessenden J. Förster resonance energy transfer measurements of ryanodine receptor type 1 structure using a novel site-specific labeling method. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7338 pubmed publisher..These findings illustrate the potential of this site-specific labeling system for use in future FRET-based experiments to elucidate novel aspects of RyR1 structure. ..
- Leko V, Park G, Lao U, Simon J, Bedalov A. Enterocyte-specific inactivation of SIRT1 reduces tumor load in the APC(+/min) mouse model. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66283 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that SIRT1 acts as a tumor promoter in the APC(+/min) mouse model of intestinal tumorigenesis. ..
- Marson K, Tapia K, Kohler P, McGrath C, John Stewart G, Richardson B, et al. Male, mobile, and moneyed: loss to follow-up vs. transfer of care in an urban African antiretroviral treatment clinic. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78900 pubmed publisher..Interventions targeting men and considering mobility due to employment may improve retention in urban African ART clinics. The study's ClinicalTrials.gov identifier is NCT00273780. ..
- Leduc R, Molloy S, Thorne B, Thomas G. Activation of human furin precursor processing endoprotease occurs by an intramolecular autoproteolytic cleavage. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:14304-8 pubmed..Finally, the production of 90-kDa furin from either site-directed furin mutant could not be potentiated by overexpressing active furin, suggesting that the autoproteolytic activation was an intramolecular event. ..
- Liu Y, Chen L, Ko T, Fields A, Thompson E. Evi1 is a survival factor which conveys resistance to both TGFbeta- and taxol-mediated cell death via PI3K/AKT. Oncogene. 2006;25:3565-75 pubmed..These data indicate that Evi1 functions as a survival gene in intestinal epithelial cells and colon cancer cells, activating PI3K/AKT and conveying resistance to both physiological and therapeutic apoptotic stimuli. ..
- Shabbeer A, Cowan L, Ozcaglar C, Rastogi N, Vandenberg S, Yener B, et al. TB-Lineage: an online tool for classification and analysis of strains of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex. Infect Genet Evol. 2012;12:789-97 pubmed publisher..This online rule-based classification technique in conjunction with genotype visualization provides a practical tool that supports surveillance of TB transmission trends and molecular epidemiological studies. ..
- Caviston T, Campbell W, Wingo C, Cain B. Molecular identification of the renal H+,K+-ATPases. Semin Nephrol. 1999;19:431-7 pubmed..Multiple H+,K+-ATPases in the kidney may be an important adaptation providing redundancy for the essential physiological function of maintaining ionic balance. ..
- Naidu B, Krishnadasan B, Whyte R, Warner R, Ward P, Mulligan M. Regulatory role of IL-10 in experimental obliterative bronchiolitis in rats. Exp Mol Pathol. 2002;73:164-70 pubmed..These findings suggest that endogenous IL-10 plays a regulatory role in the development of experimental OB. ..
- D Souza W, Lefrancois L. IL-2 is not required for the initiation of CD8 T cell cycling but sustains expansion. J Immunol. 2003;171:5727-35 pubmed..Thus, activated CD8 T cells initially undergo IL-2-independent proliferation, but reach a critical juncture where the requirement for IL-2 as a growth factor gains prominence. ..
- Gottlieb M, Boysen Osborn M, Chan T, Krzyzaniak S, Pineda N, Spector J, et al. Academic Primer Series: Eight Key Papers about Education Theory. West J Emerg Med. 2017;18:293-302 pubmed publisher..As part of the Academic Life in Emergency Medicine Faculty Incubator Program, a list of key education theories for junior faculty was developed...
- Balbach E, Herzberg A, Barbeau E. Political coalitions and working women: how the tobacco industry built a relationship with the Coalition of Labor Union Women. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2006;60 Suppl 2:27-32 pubmed
- Abdelmoneim S, Mookadam F, Moustafa S, Zehr K, Mookadam M, Maalouf J, et al. Coronary artery fistula: single-center experience spanning 17 years. J Interv Cardiol. 2007;20:265-74 pubmed..Coronary artery fistula (CAF) is an uncommon form of congenital heart disease. It is often diagnosed incidentally during angiograms. We have reported on clinical characteristics, diagnosis, and management of CAF...
- Canet M, Merrell M, Hardwick R, Bataille A, Campion S, Ferreira D, et al. Altered regulation of hepatic efflux transporters disrupts acetaminophen disposition in pediatric nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. Drug Metab Dispos. 2015;43:829-35 pubmed publisher..APAP-glucuronide and APAP-sulfate disposition is altered in NASH and is likely due to hepatic membrane transporter dysregulation as well as altered intracellular sulfur activation. ..
- Eliseev R, Zuscik M, Schwarz E, O Keefe R, Drissi H, Rosier R. Increased radiation-induced apoptosis of Saos2 cells via inhibition of NFkappaB: a role for c-Jun N-terminal kinase. J Cell Biochem. 2005;96:1262-73 pubmed..Our study brings new insight into the mechanisms underlying radiation-induced apoptosis of osteosarcoma, and may lead to development of new therapeutic strategies against osteosarcoma. ..
- Zhang L, Kamanna V, Ganji S, Xiong X, Kashyap M. Niacin increases HDL biogenesis by enhancing DR4-dependent transcription of ABCA1 and lipidation of apolipoprotein A-I in HepG2 cells. J Lipid Res. 2012;53:941-50 pubmed publisher..A stimulatory role of niacin in early hepatic formation of HDL particles suggests a new mechanism that contributes to niacin action to increase the stability of newly synthesized circulating HDL...
- Bejan C, Xia F, Vanderwende L, Wurfel M, Yetisgen Yildiz M. Pneumonia identification using statistical feature selection. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2012;19:817-23 pubmed publisher..Extracting the assertion value for pneumonia expressions further improves the system performance. ..
- Gokey N, Lopez Anido C, Gillian Daniel A, Svaren J. Early growth response 1 (Egr1) regulates cholesterol biosynthetic gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:29501-10 pubmed publisher..Together these data point to Egr1 as a modulator of the cholesterol biosynthetic gene family in liver. ..
- Bowen A, Huang T, Benninger M, Bryson P. Medialization Laryngoplasty in the Elderly: Outcomes and Expectations. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2017;157:664-669 pubmed publisher..Medialization laryngoplasty is a safe and successful option for elderly patients with vocal cord paralysis and vocal handicap. ..
- Wu X, Kekuda R, Huang W, Fei Y, Leibach F, Chen J, et al. Identity of the organic cation transporter OCT3 as the extraneuronal monoamine transporter (uptake2) and evidence for the expression of the transporter in the brain. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:32776-86 pubmed..OCT3 is likely to play a significant role in the disposition of cationic neurotoxins and neurotransmitters in the brain. ..
- Jones D, Mendenhall C, Kirwan J, Morris C, Donnan A, Holwerda S, et al. Radiation therapy for management of t1-t2 glottic cancer at a private practice. Am J Clin Oncol. 2010;33:587-90 pubmed publisher..The addition of concomitant weekly cisplatin 30 mg/M² is considered for patients with T2B cancers. Open parotid laryngectomy is reserved for salvage of suitable patients with a local recurrence. ..
- Weiss M, Saneto R. Sensory ataxic neuropathy with dysarthria and ophthalmoparesis (SANDO) in late life due to compound heterozygous POLG mutations. Muscle Nerve. 2010;41:882-5 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, none of these mutations have been demonstrated previously in SANDO. This patient's late presentation illustrates that a mitochondrial disorder should be considered regardless of age if the clinical symptoms warrant...
- Harrahill M. Suspected blunt carotid injury in a 54-year-old woman after a motor vehicle crash: a brief review. J Emerg Nurs. 2003;29:582-3 pubmed
- Saunders C, Minassian B, Chow E, Zhao W, Vincent J. Novel exon 1 mutations in MECP2 implicate isoform MeCP2_e1 in classical Rett syndrome. Am J Med Genet A. 2009;149A:1019-23 pubmed publisher..Also, these findings add significant weight to the mounting evidence suggesting that the MeCP2_e1 isoform is the etiologically relevant form of the protein...
- Rossetti S, VAN Unen L, Sacchi N, Hoogeveen A. Novel RNA-binding properties of the MTG chromatin regulatory proteins. BMC Mol Biol. 2008;9:93 pubmed publisher..Both wild type MTGs and chimeric AML1-MTG proteins display in vitro RNA-binding properties, thus opening new perspectives on the possible involvement of an RNA component in MTG-mediated chromatin regulation. ..
- Brunzell J, Davidson M, Furberg C, Goldberg R, Howard B, Stein J, et al. Lipoprotein management in patients with cardiometabolic risk: consensus conference report from the American Diabetes Association and the American College of Cardiology Foundation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008;51:1512-24 pubmed publisher
- Engmann L, Losel R, Wehling M, Peluso J. Progesterone regulation of human granulosa/luteal cell viability by an RU486-independent mechanism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006;91:4962-8 pubmed
- Barr B, Felkner M, Diamond P. High school athletic departments as sentinel surveillance sites for community-associated methicillin-resistant staphylococcal infections. Tex Med. 2006;102:56-61 pubmed
- Gettman M, Ogan K, Brinkley L, Adams Huet B, Pak C, Pearle M. Effect of cranberry juice consumption on urinary stone risk factors. J Urol. 2005;174:590-4; quiz 801 pubmed..We evaluated the effect of cranberry juice on urinary stone risk factors...
- Brubaker L, Chapple C, Coyne K, Kopp Z. Patient-reported outcomes in overactive bladder: importance for determining clinical effectiveness of treatment. Urology. 2006;68:3-8 pubmed..We provide an overview of instruments used to assess symptoms, health-related quality of life, and treatment satisfaction in patients with OAB and discuss how PROs can be incorporated into clinical trial protocols...
- Lambert J, Kelly J, Shim M, Huffer W, Nordeen S, Baek S, et al. Prostate derived factor in human prostate cancer cells: gene induction by vitamin D via a p53-dependent mechanism and inhibition of prostate cancer cell growth. J Cell Physiol. 2006;208:566-74 pubmed..These data demonstrate that PDF exerts antitumorigenic properties on PCa cells and its regulation by 1,25D may provide insights into the action of 1,25D in PCa...
- Rytting E, Bryan J, Southard M, Audus K. Low-affinity uptake of the fluorescent organic cation 4-(4-(dimethylamino)styryl)-N-methylpyridinium iodide (4-Di-1-ASP) in BeWo cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2007;73:891-900 pubmed..Transport of 4-Di-1-ASP into the nuclear region of BeWo cells was also observed, which is likely mediated by a nucleoside transporter. ..
- Friedman C, Ayres M. Predictors of feminist activism among sexual-minority and heterosexual college women. J Homosex. 2013;60:1726-44 pubmed publisher..Young sexual-minority women reported more participation in feminist activism than did heterosexual women, even after controlling for social support, discrimination, and gender identity. ..
- Sharma L, Chang A, Jackson R, Nevitt M, Moisio K, Hochberg M, et al. Varus Thrust and Incident and Progressive Knee Osteoarthritis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:2136-2143 pubmed publisher..Within the stratum of varus knees, thrust was associated with an increased risk of progression. Varus thrust visualized during gait is associated with knee OA progression and should be a target of intervention development. ..
- Smith Gagen J, Hollen R, Walker M, Cook D, Yang W. Breastfeeding laws and breastfeeding practices by race and ethnicity. Womens Health Issues. 2014;24:e11-9 pubmed publisher..Examination of specific laws in conjunction with the interaction of known specific barriers for African-American mothers could help to achieve the Healthy People 2020 goals for breastfeeding. ..
- Criner G, Bourbeau J, Diekemper R, Ouellette D, Goodridge D, Hernandez P, et al. Prevention of acute exacerbations of COPD: American College of Chest Physicians and Canadian Thoracic Society Guideline. Chest. 2015;147:894-942 pubmed publisher..Research conducted over the past decade has contributed much to our current understanding of the pathogenesis and treatment of COPD. Additionally, an evolving literature has accumulated about the prevention of acute exacerbations...
- Ghoshal K, Datta J, Majumder S, Bai S, Kutay H, Motiwala T, et al. 5-Aza-deoxycytidine induces selective degradation of DNA methyltransferase 1 by a proteasomal pathway that requires the KEN box, bromo-adjacent homology domain, and nuclear localization signal. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:4727-41 pubmed..These results demonstrate a unique mechanism for the selective degradation of DNMT1, the maintenance DNA methyltransferase, by well-known DNA-hypomethylating agents. ..
- Laski R, Ziccardi V, Broder H, Janal M. Facial trauma: a recurrent disease? The potential role of disease prevention. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2004;62:685-8 pubmed
- Lockhart P, Holtom B, Lincoln S, Hussey J, Zimprich A, Gasser T, et al. The human sideroflexin 5 (SFXN5) gene: sequence, expression analysis and exclusion as a candidate for PARK3. Gene. 2002;285:229-37 pubmed..Sequence analysis of 2p13 linked individuals affected with PD did not reveal any potentially pathogenic mutations within SFXN5, suggesting SFXN5 does not correspond to PARK3. ..
- Ogunwobi O, Puszyk W, Dong H, Liu C. Epigenetic upregulation of HGF and c-Met drives metastasis in hepatocellular carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63765 pubmed publisher..Consequently, targeting HGF and c-Met expression by CTCs may be a novel non-invasive approach with potential clinical applications in HCC management. ..
- Annaberdyev S, Capizzani T, Plesec T, Moorman M. A rare case presentation of a symptomatic omphalomesenteric cyst in an adult, 24-year-old patient, treated with laparoscopic resection. J Gastrointest Surg. 2013;17:1503-6 pubmed publisher..In rare instances, omphalomesenteric cysts have been reported in the pediatric population. We present a case of a symptomatic omphalomesenteric cyst in an adult male and our management of this entity. ..
- Namboodiri A, Budkowska A, Nietert P, Pandey J. Fc gamma receptor-like hepatitis C virus core protein binds differentially to IgG of discordant Fc (GM) genotypes. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:3805-8 pubmed..0003). These results provide a mechanistic explanation for the involvement of GM allotypes in the outcome of HCV infection. These findings also shed light on the possible evolutionary selective mechanism that maintains GM polymorphism. ..
- Rosenkranz M, Davidson R, MacCoon D, Sheridan J, Kalin N, Lutz A. A comparison of mindfulness-based stress reduction and an active control in modulation of neurogenic inflammation. Brain Behav Immun. 2013;27:174-84 pubmed publisher..Moreover, mindfulness practice, in particular, may be more efficacious in symptom relief than the well-being promoting activities cultivated in the HEP program...
- Long J, Lee B, Guillotreau J, Autorino R, Laydner H, Yakoubi R, et al. Real-time robotic transrectal ultrasound navigation during robotic radical prostatectomy: initial clinical experience. Urology. 2012;80:608-13 pubmed publisher..There were no rectal injuries. R-TRUS during RALPs is feasible and safe. It allows real-time TRUS navigation and guidance. Further studies are needed to evaluate its impact on oncological and functional outcomes. ..
- Sun Y, Campisi J, Higano C, Beer T, Porter P, Coleman I, et al. Treatment-induced damage to the tumor microenvironment promotes prostate cancer therapy resistance through WNT16B. Nat Med. 2012;18:1359-68 pubmed..These results delineate a mechanism by which genotoxic therapies given in a cyclical manner can enhance subsequent treatment resistance through cell nonautonomous effects that are contributed by the tumor microenvironment. ..
- Rong R, Jiang L, Sheikh M, Huang Y. Mitotic kinase Aurora-A phosphorylates RASSF1A and modulates RASSF1A-mediated microtubule interaction and M-phase cell cycle regulation. Oncogene. 2007;26:7700-8 pubmed..In view of our results, we propose that Aurora-A-mediated phosphorylation of RASSF1A is a novel mechanism that regulates the ability of this tumor suppressor to interact with microtubules and modulate M-phase cell cycle progression. ..
- Hunter J, Bowers W, Maarouf C, Mastrangelo M, Daugs I, Kokjohn T, et al. Biochemical and morphological characterization of the A?PP/PS/tau triple transgenic mouse model and its relevance to sporadic Alzheimer's disease. J Alzheimers Dis. 2011;27:361-76 pubmed publisher..Understanding the strengths and limitations of Tg mouse AD models through rigorous biochemical, pathological, and functional analyses will facilitate the derivation of models that better approximate human sporadic AD. ..
- Mancuso K, Hauswirth W, Li Q, Connor T, Kuchenbecker J, Mauck M, et al. Gene therapy for red-green colour blindness in adult primates. Nature. 2009;461:784-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, trichromacy can arise from a single addition of a third cone class and it does not require an early developmental process. This provides a positive outlook for the potential of gene therapy to cure adult vision disorders...
- McJunkin J, Nahata M, De Los Reyes E, Hunt W, Caceres M, Khan R, et al. Safety and pharmacokinetics of ribavirin for the treatment of la crosse encephalitis. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2011;30:860-5 pubmed publisher..Although the results do not support the use of RBV for LACVE, this nevertheless is the largest study of antiviral treatment for LACVE to date and the largest pharmacokinetic analysis of IV RBV in children for any indication. ..