Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in United States
Locale: United States
Publications5568 found, 100 shown here
- Minai O, Golish J, Yataco J, Budev M, Blazey H, Giannini C. Restless legs syndrome in lung transplant recipients. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2007;26:24-9 pubmed..RLS patients were more likely to be women, donor or recipient positive for CMV, hypothyroid, and to have an elevated serum calcium level. ..
- Natarajan S, Sekhar L, Schessel D, Morita A. Petroclival meningiomas: multimodality treatment and outcomes at long-term follow-up. Neurosurgery. 2007;60:965-79; discussion 979-81 pubmed..The excellent quality of life at the time of the long-term follow-up examination for these patients warrants aggressive but judicious tumor resection, with or without radiosurgical treatment of tumor remnants. ..
- Wang P, Chintagari N, Gou D, Su L, Liu L. Physical and functional interactions of SNAP-23 with annexin A2. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2007;37:467-76 pubmed..These data suggest that annexin A2 and SNAP-23 are involved in the same pathway in the regulation of lung surfactant secretion. ..
- Aranda J, Johnson J, Conti J. Current trends in heart failure readmission rates: analysis of Medicare data. Clin Cardiol. 2009;32:47-52 pubmed publisher..Factors associated with worse outcomes after an initial HF hospitalization can be used to identify patients who require aggressive therapy and follow-up. ..
- Di X, Ragab M, Luciano M. Cine phase-contrast MR images failed to predict clinical outcome following ETV. Can J Neurol Sci. 2009;36:643-7 pubmed..This indicates in addition to achieving an adequate fenestration, CSF pathways beyond the basal cisterns around the brain stem and CMJ may play an essential role in achieving ETV success. ..
- Shrishrimal K, Hart P, Michota F. Managing diabetes in hemodialysis patients: observations and recommendations. Cleve Clin J Med. 2009;76:649-55 pubmed publisher..The authors summarize the available evidence and make practical recommendations. ..
- Singh P, Inamdar V, Hage F, Kodali V, Karakus G, Suwanjutah T, et al. Usefulness of live/real time three-dimensional transthoracic echocardiography in evaluation of prosthetic valve function. Echocardiography. 2009;26:1236-49 pubmed publisher..These preliminary results suggest the superiority of 3DTTE over 2DTTE in the evaluation of PVs and that it provides incremental knowledge to the echocardiographer. ..
- Kaiser P. Prospective evaluation of visual acuity assessment: a comparison of snellen versus ETDRS charts in clinical practice (An AOS Thesis). Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc. 2009;107:311-24 pubmed..The difference was greatest with poor visual acuity (<20/200) and in patients with exudative AMD. Thus, caution should be exercised when comparing data using the different charts. ..
- Yu T, Wu X, Gupta K, Kucik D. Affinity, lateral mobility, and clustering contribute independently to beta 2-integrin-mediated adhesion. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;299:C399-410 pubmed publisher..Affinity changes are then independent of, and additive to, avidity effects...
- Loftis J, Choi D, Hoffman W, Huckans M. Methamphetamine causes persistent immune dysregulation: a cross-species, translational report. Neurotox Res. 2011;20:59-68 pubmed publisher..This cross-species, translational study suggests that chronic CNS immune dysregulation may in part contribute to the longlasting neuropsychiatric consequences of MA dependence. ..
- Bluestein D, Healey A, Rutledge C. Acceptability of behavioral treatments for insomnia. J Am Board Fam Med. 2011;24:272-80 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to identify demographic and clinical/psychosocial correlates of behavioral insomnia treatment acceptability...
- Adamina M, Manwaring M, Park K, Delaney C. Laparoscopic complete mesocolic excision for right colon cancer. Surg Endosc. 2012;26:2976-80 pubmed..Laparoscopic right complete mesocolic excision is a safe and effective procedure associated with excellent 3-year oncologic outcomes and accelerated postoperative recovery. ..
- Weekes C, Von Hoff D, Adjei A, Leffingwell D, Eckhardt S, Gore L, et al. Multicenter phase I trial of the mitogen-activated protein kinase 1/2 inhibitor BAY 86-9766 in patients with advanced cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:1232-43 pubmed publisher..This phase I study showed that BAY 86-9766 was well-tolerated, with good oral absorption, dose proportional pharmacokinetics, target inhibition at the MTD, and some evidence of clinical benefit across a range of tumor types. ..
- Makrogiannis S, Caturegli G, Davatzikos C, Ferrucci L. Computer-aided assessment of regional abdominal fat with food residue removal in CT. Acad Radiol. 2013;20:1413-21 pubmed publisher..Our proposed intestinal food residue reduction scheme is an original contribution of this work. Validation experiments indicate very good accuracy and generalization capability. ..
- Clarkson B, Ling C, Shi Y, Harris M, Rayasam A, Sun D, et al. T cell-derived interleukin (IL)-21 promotes brain injury following stroke in mice. J Exp Med. 2014;211:595-604 pubmed publisher..In postmortem human brain tissue, IL-21 localized to perivascular CD4(+) T cells in the area surrounding acute stroke lesions, suggesting that IL-21-mediated brain injury may be relevant to human stroke. ..
- Cai H, Zhang Y, Ma Y, Sun J, Liang X, Li J. Zinc binding activity of human metapneumovirus M2-1 protein is indispensable for viral replication and pathogenesis in vivo. J Virol. 2015;89:6391-405 pubmed publisher..Thus, inhibition of M2-1 zinc binding activity can lead to the development of novel, live attenuated vaccines, as well as antiviral drugs for pneumoviruses. ..
- Balboni M, Bandini J, Mitchell C, Epstein Peterson Z, Amobi A, Cahill J, et al. Religion, Spirituality, and the Hidden Curriculum: Medical Student and Faculty Reflections. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2015;50:507-15 pubmed publisher..Religion/spirituality has a largely unstudied but possibly influential role in medical student socialization. Future study is needed to characterize its function within the hidden curriculum. ..
- Cowger J, Shah P, Stulak J, Maltais S, Aaronson K, Kirklin J, et al. INTERMACS profiles and modifiers: Heterogeneity of patient classification and the impact of modifiers on predicting patient outcome. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2016;35:440-8 pubmed publisher..Only the FF modifier appears to improve risk discrimination beyond that of known risk factors. Adding objective descriptors may reduce profile heterogeneity. ..
- Frontera J, Lewin J, Rabinstein A, AISIKU I, Alexandrov A, Cook A, et al. Guideline for Reversal of Antithrombotics in Intracranial Hemorrhage: A Statement for Healthcare Professionals from the Neurocritical Care Society and Society of Critical Care Medicine. Neurocrit Care. 2016;24:6-46 pubmed publisher..This guideline provides timely, evidence-based reversal strategies to assist practitioners in the care of patients with antithrombotic-associated intracranial hemorrhage. ..
- Li Z, Chen P, Su R, Hu C, Li Y, Elkahloun A, et al. PBX3 and MEIS1 Cooperate in Hematopoietic Cells to Drive Acute Myeloid Leukemias Characterized by a Core Transcriptome of the MLL-Rearranged Disease. Cancer Res. 2016;76:619-29 pubmed publisher..Therefore, targeting the MEIS1/PBX3 interaction may represent a promising therapeutic strategy to treat these AML subtypes. ..
- Hess J, Trachtenberg F, Assmann S, Triulzi D, Kaufman R, Strauss R, et al. Clinical and laboratory correlates of platelet alloimmunization and refractoriness in the PLADO trial. Vox Sang. 2016;111:281-291 pubmed publisher..Alloimmunization was present in only 8 of 102 (8%) of observed cases of refractoriness, suggesting that other causes of poor posttransfusion increments are frequent. ..
- Kreipe R, Birndorf S. Eating disorders in adolescents and young adults. Med Clin North Am. 2000;84:1027-49, viii-ix pubmed
- Peculis B, REYNOLDS K, Cleland M. Metal determines efficiency and substrate specificity of the nuclear NUDIX decapping proteins X29 and H29K (Nudt16). J Biol Chem. 2007;282:24792-805 pubmed..With the potential broader RNA substrate specificity, X29/H29K may be the nuclear counterparts of the cytoplasmic decapping machinery, localized in specialized bodies involved in RNA decay. ..
- Kim S, Kosnik E, Madden C, Rusin J, Wack D, Bartkowski H. Cerebellar infarction from a traumatic vertebral artery dissection in a child. Pediatr Neurosurg. 1997;27:71-7 pubmed
- Tummalapalli C, Heath B, Tyagi S. Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-4 instigates apoptosis in transformed cardiac fibroblasts. J Cell Biochem. 2001;80:512-21 pubmed..This study suggests a possible protective role of TIMP-4 in other organs which are susceptible to malignancy. ..
- Johnson K, Becker K, Facchinetti M, Hannun Y, Obeid L. PKC-dependent activation of sphingosine kinase 1 and translocation to the plasma membrane. Extracellular release of sphingosine-1-phosphate induced by phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate (PMA). J Biol Chem. 2002;277:35257-62 pubmed..These results demonstrate a novel mechanism by which PKC regulates SK and increases secretion of S1P, allowing for autocrine/paracrine signaling. ..
- Carroll S, Stonecypher M. Tumor suppressor mutations and growth factor signaling in the pathogenesis of NF1-associated peripheral nerve sheath tumors. I. The role of tumor suppressor mutations. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2004;63:1115-23 pubmed
- Griffith J. Isolated areolar apocrine chromhidrosis. Pediatrics. 2005;115:e239-41 pubmed..Capsaicin cream 0.025% is a proven treatment that may reduce the potential psychological impact and embarrassment that patients experience. ..
- Hartley R, Hitti J. Birth order and delivery interval: analysis of twin pair perinatal outcomes. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2005;17:375-80 pubmed..If prompt vaginal delivery of Twin B does not occur, the benefits of vaginal delivery for Twin A might not outweigh the risks of distress and low Apgar scores in Twin B and vaginal plus cesarean delivery for the mother. ..
- Yusuf T, Baron T. Endoscopic transmural drainage of pancreatic pseudocysts: results of a national and an international survey of ASGE members. Gastrointest Endosc. 2006;63:223-7 pubmed..Pancreatic pseudocysts can be drained endoscopically via the transpapillary or the transmural routes. We sought to assess endoscopic methods of pseudocyst drainage...
- Liu L, Murphy R. Kinetics of inhibition of beta-amyloid aggregation by transthyretin. Biochemistry. 2006;45:15702-9 pubmed..Taken together, the data support a hypothesis wherein transthyretin preferentially binds to aggregated rather than monomeric Abeta and arrests further growth of the aggregates. ..
- Brent R. Counseling patients exposed to ionizing radiation during pregnancy. Rev Panam Salud Publica. 2006;20:198-204 pubmed..Counseling patients requires knowledge of embryology, genetics, radiation teratology, and the principles of teratology in order for the counselor to provide sympathetic, accurate, scholarly advice. ..
- Yuen H, Huang P, Burik J, Smith T. Impact of participating in volunteer activities for residents living in long-term-care facilities. Am J Occup Ther. 2008;62:71-6 pubmed..029). Findings provide preliminary support for engaging LTC residents in volunteer mentoring activities to improve their well-being. ..
- Gui C, Miao Y, Thompson L, Wahlgren B, Mock M, Stieger B, et al. Effect of pregnane X receptor ligands on transport mediated by human OATP1B1 and OATP1B3. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;584:57-65 pubmed publisher..In summary, these results demonstrate that pregnane X receptor ligands, by inhibiting or stimulating OATP-mediated uptake, can lead to drug-drug interactions at the transporter level. ..
- Park I, Li C. Dynamic ligand-induced-fit simulation via enhanced conformational samplings and ensemble dockings: a survivin example. J Phys Chem B. 2010;114:5144-53 pubmed publisher..The combination of REMD generalized ensemble sampling with ensemble docking and free energy pathway analysis may provide a novel research protocol for the simulation of protein-ligand induced-fit recognition. ..
- Fechtner R, Godfrey D, Budenz D, Stewart J, Stewart W, Jasek M. Prevalence of ocular surface complaints in patients with glaucoma using topical intraocular pressure-lowering medications. Cornea. 2010;29:618-21 pubmed publisher..7 +/- 17.0; P = 0.007) or 3 medications (19.4 +/- 18.1; P = 0.0001). OSD is prevalent among medically treated patients with glaucoma. The severity of OSD symptoms is positively correlated to the number of IOP-lowering medications used. ..
- Brenner S, Zeng Z, Liu Y, Wang J, Li J, Howard P. Modeling and analysis of the emergency department at University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital using simulations. J Emerg Nurs. 2010;36:303-10 pubmed publisher..Such a model provides a quantitative tool for continuous improvement and process control in the emergency department and also is applicable to other departments in the hospital. ..
- Bansal Travers M, Hammond D, Smith P, Cummings K. The impact of cigarette pack design, descriptors, and warning labels on risk perception in the U.S. Am J Prev Med. 2011;40:674-82 pubmed publisher..S. adults. The results also indicate that color and product descriptors are associated with false beliefs about risks. Plain packaging may reduce many of the erroneous misperceptions of risk communicated through pack design features. ..
- Friedman M, Miletta N, Roe C, Wang D, Morrow B, Kates W, et al. Cleft palate, retrognathia and congenital heart disease in velo-cardio-facial syndrome: a phenotype correlation study. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2011;75:1167-72 pubmed publisher..Much work remains to be done to fully understand the complex relationships between phenotypic characteristics in VCFS. ..
- Maxwell J, Brecht M. Methamphetamine: here we go again?. Addict Behav. 2011;36:1168-73 pubmed publisher..Results support the need for continuing attention to control and interdiction efforts appropriate to the changing supply context and to continuing prevention efforts and increased number of treatment programs. ..
- Chisholm K, Aubert S, Freese K, Zakian V, King M, Welcsh P. A genomewide screen for suppressors of Alu-mediated rearrangements reveals a role for PIF1. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30748 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a global view of nonessential genes involved in suppressing Alu-mediated recombination and implicate variation in PIF1 in breast cancer predisposition. ..
- Ma S, Kwon H, Huang Z. A functional requirement for astroglia in promoting blood vessel development in the early postnatal brain. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48001 pubmed publisher..These results thus implicate a functional requirement for astroglia in promoting blood vessel growth during brain development. ..
- Brownell J, Polyak S. Molecular pathways: hepatitis C virus, CXCL10, and the inflammatory road to liver cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:1347-52 pubmed publisher..We will also discuss potential host-directed therapies to slow or reverse HCV-induced inflammation that leads to fibrosis, cirrhosis, and HCCs...
- Macleod L, Hotaling J, Wright J, Davenport M, Gore J, Harper J, et al. Risk factors for renal cell carcinoma in the VITAL study. J Urol. 2013;190:1657-61 pubmed publisher..We identified a significant association of renal cell carcinoma with obesity, smoking, hypertension, renal disease and viral hepatitis. Identifying risk factors offers an opportunity for targeted education and intervention. ..
- Kim G, Lawrence P, Moridzadeh R, Zimmerman K, Munoz A, Luna Ortiz K, et al. New predictors of complications in carotid body tumor resection. J Vasc Surg. 2017;65:1673-1679 pubmed publisher..8 times increase in >250 mL of blood loss and 1.5 times increased risk of cranial nerve injury. ..
- Lee S, Nicholls R, Bundey S, Laxova R, Musarella M, Spritz R. Mutations of the P gene in oculocutaneous albinism, ocular albinism, and Prader-Willi syndrome plus albinism. N Engl J Med. 1994;330:529-34 pubmed..The P protein is a transmembrane polypeptide that may transport small molecules such as tyrosine, the precursor of melanin. The P gene is located in chromosome segment 15q11-q13...
- Ihn H, Ihn Y, Trojanowska M. Spl phosphorylation induced by serum stimulates the human alpha2(I) collagen gene expression. J Invest Dermatol. 2001;117:301-8 pubmed..In conclusion, this study characterized response elements that mediate serum stimulation of the human alpha2(I) collagen promoter and suggests that serum stimulation was mediated via Sp1/Sp3 binding sites in this promoter. ..
- Ybe J, Ruppel N, Mishra S, VanHaaften E. Contribution of cysteines to clathrin trimerization domain stability and mapping of light chain binding. Traffic. 2003;4:850-6 pubmed..EMBO J 2002; 21: 6072-6082; Pishvaee B, Munn A, Payne GS. EMBO J 1997; 16: 2227-2239). ..
- Calabrese J, Bowden C, Sachs G, Yatham L, Behnke K, Mehtonen O, et al. A placebo-controlled 18-month trial of lamotrigine and lithium maintenance treatment in recently depressed patients with bipolar I disorder. J Clin Psychiatry. 2003;64:1013-24 pubmed..Lamotrigine and lithium were superior to placebo for the prevention of mood episodes in bipolar I patients, with lamotrigine predominantly effective against depression and lithium predominantly effective against mania. ..
- Tummala R, Romano R, Fuchs E, Sinha S. Molecular cloning and characterization of AP-2 epsilon, a fifth member of the AP-2 family. Gene. 2003;321:93-102 pubmed..Our study establishes AP-2 epsilon as a novel member of the AP-2 family, and suggests that it may play an important role in skin biology. ..
- Feng L, Guedes S, Wang T. Atrophin-1-interacting protein 4/human Itch is a ubiquitin E3 ligase for human enhancer of filamentation 1 in transforming growth factor-beta signaling pathways. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:29681-90 pubmed..These findings reveal a new mechanism for Smad3-regulated proteasomal degradation events and also broaden the network of cross-talk between the TGF-beta signaling pathway and those involving HEF1 and AIP4. ..
- Kim H, Camilleri M, Carlson P, Cremonini F, Ferber I, Stephens D, et al. Association of distinct alpha(2) adrenoceptor and serotonin transporter polymorphisms with constipation and somatic symptoms in functional gastrointestinal disorders. Gut. 2004;53:829-37 pubmed
- Fraunfelder F. Epinastine hydrochloride for atopic disease. Drugs Today (Barc). 2004;40:677-83 pubmed..This drug is marketed as having very few CNS-depressant side effects, few drug interactions and gastrointestinal side effects, and a low risk of cardiotoxicity. ..
- Kudlow B, Jameson S, Kennedy B. HIV protease inhibitors block adipocyte differentiation independently of lamin A/C. AIDS. 2005;19:1565-73 pubmed..Furthermore, lamin A/C plays a minimal role in the differentiation of 3T3-L1. ..
- Bertin M, Vinski J, Schmitt S, Sabella C, Danziger Isakov L, McHugh M, et al. Outbreak of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus colonization and infection in a neonatal intensive care unit epidemiologically linked to a healthcare worker with chronic otitis. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2006;27:581-5 pubmed..Eradication was not achieved until removal of HCW X from the NICU. Routine surveillance for MRSA may have allowed earlier recognition of the outbreak and is now standard practice in our NICU. ..
- Bohl C, Wu Z, Miller D, Bell C, Dalton J. Crystal structure of the T877A human androgen receptor ligand-binding domain complexed to cyproterone acetate provides insight for ligand-induced conformational changes and structure-based drug design. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:13648-55 pubmed..Altogether, these data offer information for structure-based drug design, elucidate flexible regions of the AR LBD, and provide insight as to how CPA antagonizes the AR and GR. ..
- Miller J, Tarter T. Update on the use of dutasteride in the management of benign prostatic hypertrophy. Clin Interv Aging. 2007;2:99-104 pubmed..The combination of a 5alpha-reductase inhibitor and a alpha1-adrenergic antagonist reduces the clinical progression of BPH over either class of drug alone. ..
- Lee J, Sung J, Ward W, Fos P, Lee W, Kim J. Utilization of the emergency room: impact of geographic distance. Geospat Health. 2007;1:243-53 pubmed..Geographic distance should therefore be considered when planning state-wide ER programmes for disadvantaged populations. ..
- Shnorhavorian M, Grady R, Andersen A, Joyner B, Mitchell M. Long-term followup of complete primary repair of exstrophy: the Seattle experience. J Urol. 2008;180:1615-9; discussion 1619-20 pubmed publisher..The results of this patient series have caused us to modify the complete primary repair of exstrophy technique in an effort to improve the rate of primary urinary continence. ..
- Conant G, Wolfe K. Turning a hobby into a job: how duplicated genes find new functions. Nat Rev Genet. 2008;9:938-50 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, in many cases the 'new' function of one copy is a secondary property that was always present, but that has been co-opted to a primary role after the duplication. ..
- Blue A, Crandall S, Nowacek G, Luecht R, Chauvin S, Swick H. Assessment of matriculating medical students' knowledge and attitudes towards professionalism. Med Teach. 2009;31:928-32 pubmed publisher..Further development of self-assessments of knowledge and attitudes towards professionalism are suggested. ..
- Ratchford A, Baker O, Camden J, Rikka S, Petris M, Seye C, et al. P2Y2 nucleotide receptors mediate metalloprotease-dependent phosphorylation of epidermal growth factor receptor and ErbB3 in human salivary gland cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:7545-55 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that P2Y(2)R activation in salivary gland cells promotes the formation of EGFR/ErbB3 heterodimers and metalloprotease-dependent neuregulin 1 release, resulting in the activation of both EGFR and ErbB3. ..
- Martin R, Li Y, Liu Q, Barker D, Doll M, Hein D. Manganese superoxide dismutase expression as a function of genotype and lung cancer pathology. Cancer Invest. 2010;28:813-9 pubmed publisher..8% and ranged from 1.1 to 50%. MnSOD expression is significantly reduced in lung adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma compared to the matched normal lung tissue. ..
- Drage M, Tsai H, Pecora N, Cheng T, Arida A, Shukla S, et al. Mycobacterium tuberculosis lipoprotein LprG (Rv1411c) binds triacylated glycolipid agonists of Toll-like receptor 2. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:1088-95 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate a glycolipid binding function of LprG that enhances recognition of triacylated MTB glycolipids by TLR2 and may affect glycolipid assembly or transport for bacterial cell wall biogenesis. ..
- Uttal L. Liminal cultural work in family childcare: Latino immigrant family childcare providers and bicultural childrearing in the United States, 2002-2004. Paedagog Hist. 2010;46:729-40 pubmed publisher..The liminal cultural work that immigrant family childcare workers do is both for themselves and for the children and the families for whom they provide care. The providers experience a process of ongoing liminal cultural work. ..
- Muthusamy N, Breidenbach H, Andritsos L, Flynn J, Jones J, Ramanunni A, et al. Enhanced detection of chromosomal abnormalities in chronic lymphocytic leukemia by conventional cytogenetics using CpG oligonucleotide in combination with pokeweed mitogen and phorbol myristate acetate. Cancer Genet. 2011;204:77-83 pubmed publisher..These studies provide evidence for potential use of GNKG168 in combination with PWM and PMA in karyotypic analysis of CLL patient samples to better identify chromosomal abnormalities for risk stratification. ..
- Smith A, Muffley L, Bell A, Numhom S, Hocking A. Unsaturated fatty acids induce mesenchymal stem cells to increase secretion of angiogenic mediators. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:3225-33 pubmed publisher..Fatty acids may affect MSC engraftment to injured tissue and MSC secretion of cytokines and growth factors that regulate local cellular responses to injury. ..
- Ramey N, Burkat C. Arcanobacterium hemolyticum orbital cellulitis: a rare but aggressive disease. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013;29:e69-72 pubmed publisher..A high level of suspicion for A. hemolyticum must be maintained in such cases, because it has proven to be a rare but aggressive, potentially occult, and life-threatening pathogen. ..
- Siddique H, Nanda S, Parray A, Saleem M. Androgen receptor in human health: a potential therapeutic target. Curr Drug Targets. 2012;13:1907-16 pubmed..This mini-review summarizes the studies conducted with different natural agents in determining their pharmacological utility against AR signaling. ..
- Nourani M, Manera R. Pediatric ovarian dysgerminoma presenting with hypercalcemia and chronic constipation: a case report. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2013;35:e272-3 pubmed publisher..We review some of the causes of malignancy-associated hypercalcemia described in literature and treatment strategies. We also recommend considering oncological processes in the presence of hypercalcemia. ..
- Fonteh A, Chiang J, Cipolla M, Hale J, Diallo F, Chirino A, et al. Alterations in cerebrospinal fluid glycerophospholipids and phospholipase A2 activity in Alzheimer's disease. J Lipid Res. 2013;54:2884-97 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal that CSF supernatant fluid and nanometer particles have different GP composition, and that PLA2 activity accounts for altered GPs in these fractions as neurodegeneration progresses. ..
- Prickett T, Zerlanko B, Gartner J, Parker S, Dutton Regester K, Lin J, et al. Somatic mutations in MAP3K5 attenuate its proapoptotic function in melanoma through increased binding to thioredoxin. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:452-460 pubmed publisher..This mutation represents a potential target for the design of new therapies to treat melanoma. ..
- Linton S, Cooper H, Luo R, Karnes C, Renneker K, Haley D, et al. People and places: Relocating to neighborhoods with better economic and social conditions is associated with less risky drug/alcohol network characteristics among African American adults in Atlanta, GA. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2016;160:30-41 pubmed publisher..Relocating to neighborhoods with less economic disadvantage and better social conditions may weaken relationships with substance-using individuals. ..
- Ferguson S, Nguyen J. Exosomes as therapeutics: The implications of molecular composition and exosomal heterogeneity. J Control Release. 2016;228:179-190 pubmed publisher..Although synthetic exosomes are still an underexplored area, they could offer researchers a way to manufacture exosomes with highly defined structure, composition, and function. ..
- Miller J, Lyle V, Cunningham D. Mutation of leucine-57 to phenylalanine in a platelet glycoprotein Ib alpha leucine tandem repeat occurring in patients with an autosomal dominant variant of Bernard-Soulier disease. Blood. 1992;79:439-46 pubmed
- Noonan K, Feinberg J, Levenda A, Snead J, Wurtz L. Natural history of multiple hereditary osteochondromatosis of the lower extremity and ankle. J Pediatr Orthop. 2002;22:120-4 pubmed..These findings document measurable decreases in ankle function and suggest that correction or prevention of excessive tibiotalar tilt may be warranted to improve outcome...
- Runyen Janecky L, Reeves S, Gonzales E, Payne S. Contribution of the Shigella flexneri Sit, Iuc, and Feo iron acquisition systems to iron acquisition in vitro and in cultured cells. Infect Immun. 2003;71:1919-28 pubmed..A strain carrying mutations in sitA, feoB, and iucD did not form plaques on Henle cell monolayers...
- Bowers T, DeMulder J, Struck D, Bedard B. Expressive writing disorders: an analysis of theoretical views. Percept Mot Skills. 2003;96:528-38 pubmed..The results indicate it is important to assess the cognitive contributions of writing difficulties to guide remediation. Larger scale research on the sources of writing disorders is also recommended...
- Culligan P, Myers J, Goldberg R, Blackwell L, Gohmann S, Abell T. Elective cesarean section to prevent anal incontinence and brachial plexus injuries associated with macrosomia--a decision analysis. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2005;16:19-28; discussion 28 pubmed..However, the monetary costs in our analysis were sensitive to the probability estimates of urinary incontinence following C-section and vaginal delivery and the cost estimates for urinary incontinence, vaginal delivery, and C-section. ..
- Johnston T, Jaye M, Webb C, Krawiec J, Alom Ruiz S, Sachs Barrable K, et al. Poloxamer 407 (P-407)-mediated reduction in the gene expression of ATP-binding-cassette transporter A1 may contribute to increased cholesterol in peripheral tissues of P-407-treated rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;536:232-40 pubmed
- Jackson M, Patt L, LaRusch G, Donner D, Stark G, Mayo L. Hdm2 nuclear export, regulated by insulin-like growth factor-I/MAPK/p90Rsk signaling, mediates the transformation of human cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:16814-20 pubmed..Our findings link p90Rsk-mediated modulation of Hdm2 nuclear to cytoplasmic shuttling with the diminished ability of p53 to regulate cell cycle checkpoints that ultimately leads to transformation. ..
- Chou Y, Yang Y. Post-transcriptional control of Cited2 by transforming growth factor beta. Regulation via Smads and Cited2 coding region. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:18451-62 pubmed..This is the first demonstration that TGF-beta-mediated down-regulation of Cited2 is post-transcriptional, through the Smad pathway, and requires the presence of its coding sequence. ..
- Zhang Y, Li W, Vore M. Translational regulation of rat multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 expression is mediated by upstream open reading frames in the 5' untranslated region. Mol Pharmacol. 2007;71:377-83 pubmed..We conclude that among the uORFs in the Mrp2 5'UTR, the uORF starting at nucleotide -109 probably plays an important role in the regulation of Mrp2 protein expression...
- Labropoulos N, Patel P, Tiongson J, Pryor L, Leon L, Tassiopoulos A. Patterns of venous reflux and obstruction in patients with skin damage due to chronic venous disease. Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2007;41:33-40 pubmed..0021). Skin changes accurately reflect severity of chronic venous disease. Superficial and perforator vein reflux is the major cause of disease. ..
- Leiter J, Böhm I. Mechanisms of pathogenesis in the Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2007;159:127-38 pubmed
- Haridas S, Bowers M, Tusano J, Mehojah J, Kirkpatrick M, Burnham D. The impact of Meth A fibrosarcoma derived EMAP II on dendritic cell migration. Cytokine. 2008;44:304-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest novel roles for EMAP II in modulating the migration of DC and suggest that these effects may modify Meth A tumor/host interactions. ..
- Rey E, Choung R, Schleck C, Zinsmeister A, Locke G, Talley N. Onset and risk factors for fecal incontinence in a US community. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010;105:412-9 pubmed publisher..9 (10.6, 58.4)). The onset rate of FI is approximately 7% per 10 years in community subjects aged > or =50 years. Prevention may be possible if bowel habit is appropriately managed in high-risk individuals. ..
- Rodricks J, Swenberg J, Borzelleca J, Maronpot R, Shipp A. Triclosan: a critical review of the experimental data and development of margins of safety for consumer products. Crit Rev Toxicol. 2010;40:422-84 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, exposure to triclosan in consumer products is not expected to cause adverse health effects in children or adults who use these products as intended. ..