Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in United States
Locale: United States
Publications8039 found, 100 shown here
- Cooper Dehoff R, Bird S, Nichols G, Delaney J, Winterstein A. Antihypertensive drug class interactions and risk for incident diabetes: a nested case-control study. J Am Heart Assoc. 2013;2:e000125 pubmed publisher..Diabetogenic potential of combination therapy should be considered when prescribing antihypertensive therapy. ..
- Yazdanbakhsh A, Gori S. Mathematical analysis of the accordion grating illusion: a differential geometry approach to introduce the 3D aperture problem. Neural Netw. 2011;24:1093-101 pubmed publisher..in this issue)). We suggest that our approach may generalize to other motion illusions visible in 2D displays...
- Ding W, Kuntz S, Böhmig M, Wiedenmann B, Miller L. Dominant negative action of an abnormal secretin receptor arising from mRNA missplicing in a gastrinoma. Gastroenterology. 2002;122:500-11 pubmed..The aim of the present study was to explore the molecular basis for positive and false-negative secretin-stimulation test results in patients with these tumors...
- Vervoort V, Guzauskas G, Archie J, Schwartz C, Stevenson R, Srivastava A. AGTR2 in brain development and function. Am J Med Genet A. 2006;140:419-20 pubmed
- Cliby W, Lewis K, Lilly K, Kaufmann S. S phase and G2 arrests induced by topoisomerase I poisons are dependent on ATR kinase function. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:1599-606 pubmed
- Gregory K, Keene D, Tufa S, Lunstrum G, Morris N. Developmental distribution of collagen type XII in cartilage: association with articular cartilage and the growth plate. J Bone Miner Res. 2001;16:2005-16 pubmed
- Trivedi K, Schlett C, Tribble D, Monteville M, Sanders J, Riddle M. The impact of post-infectious functional gastrointestinal disorders and symptoms on the health-related quality of life of US military personnel returning from deployment to the Middle East. Dig Dis Sci. 2011;56:3602-9 pubmed publisher..These findings require further research in order to assess the long-term impact of these and other post-infectious sequela related to TD during deployments among returning veterans. ..
- Rebholz C, Harman J, Grams M, Correa A, Shimbo D, Coresh J, et al. Association between Endothelin-1 Levels and Kidney Disease among Blacks. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:3337-3344 pubmed publisher..24 to 2.16; Ptrend<0.001). In conclusion, higher baseline serum endothelin-1 levels associated with incident CKD and all-cause mortality during follow-up in this general population sample of blacks. ..
- Slayton S, Williams D, Newman G. Physical therapy services utilization and length of stay for obese patients following traumatic leg fracture. N C Med J. 2012;73:24-8 pubmed..The purpose of the present study was to determine whether obesity is a factor in the utilization of inpatient physical therapy services and length of stay following a traumatic lower leg fracture...
- Gonzalez R, Piaggio L. Ambiguous genitalia. Curr Opin Urol. 2006;16:273-6 pubmed..Rather than abandoning the efforts to repair this malformation early, we favor the continued development of more refined surgical techniques that may yield better results in the future. ..
- Ramchand R, Morral A, Becker K. Seven-year life outcomes of adolescent offenders in Los Angeles. Am J Public Health. 2009;99:863-70 pubmed publisher..The high rates of negative life outcomes presented here suggest the need for more effective rehabilitation programs for juvenile offenders. ..
- Dogan S, Chute D, Xu B, Ptashkin R, Chandramohan R, Casanova Murphy J, et al. Frequent IDH2 R172 mutations in undifferentiated and poorly-differentiated sinonasal carcinomas. J Pathol. 2017;242:400-408 pubmed publisher..Copyright © 2017 Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Arts E. Commentary on the role of treatment-related HIV compensatory mutations on increasing virulence: new discoveries twenty years since the clinical testing of protease inhibitors to block HIV-1 replication. BMC Med. 2012;10:114 pubmed publisher..The modeled fitness scores increased with an accumulation of these secondary protease inhibitors mutations, and not because of any one specific polymorphism. ..
- Scherr J, Hahn L, Hooper S, Hatton D, Roberts J. HPA axis function predicts development of working memory in boys with FXS. Brain Cogn. 2016;102:80-90 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the benefit of investigations of how dynamic biological and cognitive factors interact and influence cognitive development over time. ..
- Middlestadt S, Anderson A, Ramos W. Beliefs about using an outdoor pool: Understanding perceptions of place in the context of a recreational environment to improve health. Health Place. 2015;34:1-8 pubmed publisher..Implications for promoting and designing public health spaces to attract users to aquatic environments and to improve health are discussed. ..
- Obukhov A, Nowycky M. TRPC5 channels undergo changes in gating properties during the activation-deactivation cycle. J Cell Physiol. 2008;216:162-71 pubmed publisher..The modulation of phase transitions by external agents such as La3+ and EBP50, a scaffolding protein, may constitute a novel mechanism for regulation of channel activity. ..
- Phillips C, Chesnutt M, Smith S. Extravascular lung water in sepsis-associated acute respiratory distress syndrome: indexing with predicted body weight improves correlation with severity of illness and survival. Crit Care Med. 2008;36:69-73 pubmed..Indexing extravascular lung water to predicted body weight, instead of actual body weight, improves the predictive value of extravascular lung water for survival and correlation with markers of disease severity. ..
- Gubbels S, Selden N, Delashaw J, McMenomey S. Spontaneous middle fossa encephalocele and cerebrospinal fluid leakage: diagnosis and management. Otol Neurotol. 2007;28:1131-9 pubmed..An MFC approach can be used to repair SMFE with CSF leakage with a high level of success. Hydroxyapatite cement is a safe and useful adjunct to aid in reconstruction of the cranial base defects in cases of SMFE. ..
- Carlson A, Coghlan L, Gillenwater A, Richards Kortum R. Dual-mode reflectance and fluorescence near-video-rate confocal microscope for architectural, morphological and molecular imaging of tissue. J Microsc. 2007;228:11-24 pubmed
- Yu L, Dong F, Miao D, Fouts A, Wenzlau J, Steck A. Proinsulin/Insulin autoantibodies measured with electrochemiluminescent assay are the earliest indicator of prediabetic islet autoimmunity. Diabetes Care. 2013;36:2266-70 pubmed publisher..We evaluated a novel electrochemiluminescent assay for insulin/proinsulin autoantibodies (ECL-IAA) as a new marker of the onset of islet autoimmunity and as a predictor of type 1 diabetes...
- Mjor I, Toffenetti F. Secondary caries: a literature review with case reports. Quintessence Int. 2000;31:165-79 pubmed..Secondary caries is difficult to diagnose clinically. Consistency or hardness and discoloration of dentin and enamel are the best parameters. Secondary caries is the same as primary caries located at the margin of a restoration. ..
- Wang L, Fan C, Topol S, Topol E, Wang Q. Mutation of MEF2A in an inherited disorder with features of coronary artery disease. Science. 2003;302:1578-81 pubmed..These results identify a pathogenic gene for a familial vascular disease with features of CAD and implicate the MEF2A signaling pathway in the pathogenesis of CAD/MI. ..
- Patel M, Masood A, Patel P, Chanan Khan A. Targeting the Bcl-2. Curr Opin Oncol. 2009;21:516-23 pubmed publisher..Downregulation of Bcl-2 and restoration of a critical apoptotic pathway in cancer cells remains an important strategy. Novel Bcl-2 inhibitors have started to deliver the therapeutic promise of this target-specific quest. ..
- Schwieterman A, Steves A, Yee V, Donelson C, Bentley M, Santorella E, et al. The Caenorhabditis elegans Ephrin EFN-4 Functions Non-cell Autonomously with Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycans to Promote Axon Outgrowth and Branching. Genetics. 2016;202:639-60 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of an epidermal ephrin providing a developmental cue to the nervous system. ..
- Baughman W, Corteville J, Shah R. Placenta accreta: spectrum of US and MR imaging findings. Radiographics. 2008;28:1905-16 pubmed publisher..Clinicians should be aware of the clinical issues, risk factors, and imaging findings associated with PA to facilitate optimal case management. ..
- Levas M, Dayan P, Mittal M, Stevenson M, Bachur R, Dudley N, et al. Effect of Hispanic ethnicity and language barriers on appendiceal perforation rates and imaging in children. J Pediatr. 2014;164:1286-91.e2 pubmed publisher..This effect of English proficiency and Hispanic ethnicity warrants further investigation to understand and overcome barriers, which may lead to increased appendiceal perforation rates and differential diagnostic evaluation. ..
- Punzi H, Lewin A, Li W, Chavanu K. Efficacy/safety of olmesartan medoxomil versus losartan potassium in naïve versus previously treated subjects with hypertension. Adv Ther. 2012;29:524-37 pubmed publisher..0% vs. 19.6%; P = 0.0008). Overall, OM monotherapy resulted in significantly greater SeBP reductions and greater SeBP goal achievement than LOS, irrespective of previous medication use. Both OM and LOS therapy were well tolerated. ..
- Reich K, Chen Y, Thompson P, Hoffman E, Clarkson P. Forty-eight hours of unloading and 24 h of reloading lead to changes in global gene expression patterns related to ubiquitination and oxidative stress in humans. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2010;109:1404-15 pubmed publisher..The gene expression patterns were not reversed on RL, suggesting that molecular responses to short-term periods of skeletal muscle inactivity may persist after activity resumes...
- Davis S, Risman B. Feminists wrestle with testosterone: hormones, socialization and cultural interactionism as predictors of women's gendered selves. Soc Sci Res. 2015;49:110-25 pubmed publisher..While personality may be a relatively stable characteristic influenced by the body and childhood socialization, our results reinforce the importance of studying how the social world responds to and reinforces gendered personality. ..
- Tirodkar T, Voelkel Johnson C. Sphingolipids in apoptosis. Exp Oncol. 2012;34:231-42 pubmed..We conclude by summarizing the recent developments in sphingolipid based cancer therapy. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled "Apoptosis: Four Decades Later". ..
- Kenkre V, Hong F, Cerhan J, Lewis M, Sullivan L, Williams M, et al. Fc Gamma Receptor 3A and 2A Polymorphisms Do Not Predict Response to Rituximab in Follicular Lymphoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:821-6 pubmed publisher..Based on this analysis of treatment-naÃ¯ve, low tumor burden FL, we conclude that the FCGR3A and FCGR2A SNPs do not confer differential responsiveness to rituximab. ..
- Roberts C. Ogilvie's syndrome after cesarean delivery. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2000;29:239-46 pubmed..Nursing assessment of the gastrointestinal system in the postsurgical patient is reviewed using a case report of a patient who developed Ogilvie's syndrome after a cesarean delivery. ..
- Iliff J, Lee H, Yu M, Feng T, Logan J, Nedergaard M, et al. Brain-wide pathway for waste clearance captured by contrast-enhanced MRI. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:1299-309 pubmed publisher..We propose that this MRI approach may provide the basis for a wholly new strategy to evaluate Alzheimer's disease susceptibility and progression in the live human brain. ..
- Tian W, Fu Y, Wang D, Cohen D. Regulation of TRPV1 by a novel renally expressed rat TRPV1 splice variant. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2006;290:F117-26 pubmed..We conclude that TRPV1(VAR) is one of perhaps several TRPV1 splice variants expressed in rat kidney and that it may serve to modulate TRPV1 responsiveness in some tissues. ..
- Zhou Q, Rammohan K, Lin S, Robinson N, Li O, Liu X, et al. CD24 is a genetic modifier for risk and progression of multiple sclerosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:15041-6 pubmed..Thus, CD24 polymorphism is a genetic modifier for susceptibility and progression of MS in the central Ohio cohort that we studied, perhaps by affecting the efficiency of CD24 expression on the cell surface. ..
- Hamilton Reeves J, Bechtel M, Hand L, Schleper A, Yankee T, Chalise P, et al. Effects of Immunonutrition for Cystectomy on Immune Response and Infection Rates: A Pilot Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial. Eur Urol. 2016;69:389-92 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov NCT01868087. ..
- Wood G, Holladay F, Turner T, Wang Y, Chiga M. A pilot study of autologous cancer cell vaccination and cellular immunotherapy using anti-CD3 stimulated lymphocytes in patients with recurrent grade III/IV astrocytoma. J Neurooncol. 2000;48:113-20 pubmed..Additional studies also will be required to determine the underlying immunological mechanisms. ..
- Lakhter V, Zack C, Brailovsky Y, Chatterjee S, Aggarwal V, Rao K, et al. Sex differences in utilization and outcomes of catheter-directed thrombolysis in patients with proximal lower extremity deep venous thrombosis - Insights from the Nationwide Inpatient Sample. Vasc Med. 2017;22:128-134 pubmed publisher..Although mortality rates were similar, women were noted to have higher blood transfusion rates while men had more episodes of intracranial and gastrointestinal bleeding...
- Maruyama Y, van Nagell J, Yoneda J, Donaldson E, Gallion H, Powell D, et al. A review of californium-252 neutron brachytherapy for cervical cancer. Cancer. 1991;68:1189-97 pubmed..Future trials will focus on patients with advanced disease and will require evaluation of adjuvant chemotherapy studies and neutron-enhancing chemicals...
- Mishra R, Simonson M. Saturated free fatty acids and apoptosis in microvascular mesangial cells: palmitate activates pro-apoptotic signaling involving caspase 9 and mitochondrial release of endonuclease G. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2005;4:2 pubmed
- Seldin M, Meng Y, Qi H, Zhu W, Wang Z, Hazen S, et al. Trimethylamine N-Oxide Promotes Vascular Inflammation Through Signaling of Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase and Nuclear Factor-ÎºB. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a likely contributory mechanism for TMAO-dependent enhancement in atherosclerosis and cardiovascular risks. ..
- Borrero J, Vollmer T, Wright C, Lerman D, Kelley M. Further evaluation of the role of protective equipment in the functional analysis of self-injurious behavior. J Appl Behav Anal. 2002;35:69-72 pubmed..Results of our analyses revealed that the use of protective equipment during functional analyses of SIB suppressed levels of responding such that a behavioral function could not be identified. ..
- Lin W, Jakobi R, Traugh J. Reconstitution of heterologous and chimeric casein kinase II with recombinant subunits from human and Drosophila: identification of species-specific differences in the beta subunit. J Protein Chem. 1994;13:217-25 pubmed..The N-terminal region also affected solubility and electrophoretic mobility of the beta subunit. ..
- Qiu J, Kulkarni S, Chandrasekhar R, Rees M, Hyde K, Wilding G, et al. Effect of delayed formalin fixation on estrogen and progesterone receptors in breast cancer: a study of three different clones. Am J Clin Pathol. 2010;134:813-9 pubmed publisher..03). Based on our findings, it appears that regardless of the antibody clones evaluated, DFF has a negative effect on hormone receptors. ..
- Givertz M, Stevenson L, Costanzo M, Bourge R, Bauman J, Ginn G, et al. Pulmonary Artery Pressure-Guided Management of Patients With Heart Failure and Reduced Ejection Fraction. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:1875-1886 pubmed publisher..CardioMEMS Heart Sensor Allows Monitoring of Pressure to Improve Outcomes in NYHA Class III Heart Failure Patients [CHAMPION]; NCT00531661). ..
- Dannefer E, Henson L, Bierer S, Grady Weliky T, Meldrum S, Nofziger A, et al. Peer assessment of professional competence. Med Educ. 2005;39:713-22 pubmed..70. Our findings suggest that it is possible to introduce peer assessment for formative purposes in an undergraduate medical school programme that provides multiple opportunities to interact with and observe peers. ..
- Bays H, Goldberg R. The 'forgotten' bile acid sequestrants: is now a good time to remember?. Am J Ther. 2007;14:567-80 pubmed
- Melikishvili M, Fried M. Lesion-specific DNA-binding and repair activities of human O?-alkylguanine DNA alkyltransferase. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:9060-72 pubmed publisher..We propose that transfer between distal and lesion sites is a critical step in the repair process. ..
- Schlomann U, Koller G, Conrad C, Ferdous T, Golfi P, Garcia A, et al. ADAM8 as a drug target in pancreatic cancer. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6175 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data integrate ADAM8 in pancreatic cancer signalling and validate ADAM8 as a target for PDAC therapy. ..
- Simpson Abelson M, Purohit V, Pang W, Iyer V, Odunsi K, Demmy T, et al. IL-12 delivered intratumorally by multilamellar liposomes reactivates memory T cells in human tumor microenvironments. Clin Immunol. 2009;132:71-82 pubmed publisher..The potential of this local in situ T cell re-stimulation to induce a systemic anti-tumor immunity is discussed. ..
- Barone C, Jimenez D, Boschert M, Beckert B. BoneSource solidification: a comparison between water and sodium phosphate as the solvent. J Craniofac Surg. 2000;11:495-7; discussion 498-9 pubmed..1 degrees C, with a SD of 0.1. Therefore, sodium phosphate shows that there is a significantly decreased amount of time required to solidify BoneSource and it remains isothermic throughout this reaction. ..
- Zhao Y, Howatt D, Gizard F, Nomiyama T, Findeisen H, Heywood E, et al. Deficiency of the NR4A orphan nuclear receptor NOR1 decreases monocyte adhesion and atherosclerosis. Circ Res. 2010;107:501-11 pubmed publisher..In concert, these studies identify a novel pathway underlying monocyte adhesion and establish that NOR1 serves a previously unrecognized atherogenic role in mice by positively regulating monocyte recruitment to the vascular wall. ..
- Batorsky A, Liao J, Lund A, Plopper G, Stegemann J. Encapsulation of adult human mesenchymal stem cells within collagen-agarose microenvironments. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2005;92:492-500 pubmed..The bead format allows the use of small amounts of matrix proteins, and such beads can potentially be used as a cell delivery vehicle in tissue repair applications. ..
- Earnshaw V, Elliott M, Reisner S, Mrug S, Windle M, Emery S, et al. Peer Victimization, Depressive Symptoms, and Substance Use: A Longitudinal Analysis. Pediatrics. 2017;139: pubmed publisher..Interventions are needed to reduce peer victimization among youth and to support youth who have experienced victimization. ..
- Friend R, Bennett R. Distinguishing fibromyalgia from rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus in clinical questionnaires: an analysis of the revised Fibromyalgia Impact Questionnaire (FIQR) and its variant, the Symptom Impact Questionnaire (SIQR), along with pain locatio. Arthritis Res Ther. 2011;13:R58 pubmed publisher..This combination provided the correct diagnosis in 97% of patients, with only 7 of 253 patients misclassified. ..
- McHenry C, Stulberg J. Prophylactic central compartment neck dissection for papillary thyroid cancer. Surg Clin North Am. 2014;94:529-40 pubmed publisher..The potential increased risk of hypoparathyroidism associated with CCND is not offset by any measurable oncologic benefit. Risk/benefit balance favors total thyroidectomy alone for patients with clinically node-negative PTC. ..
- McCormick J, Fisher Hoch S. Lassa fever. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2002;262:75-109 pubmed
- Kramer J, Grist T. Peripheral MR Angiography. Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am. 2012;20:761-76 pubmed publisher..The drawbacks experienced at the introduction of MRA to clinical routine have largely been overcome or at least diminished, so that the benefits of MRA outbalance the limitations. ..
- Lovett M, Cannizzaro C, Daheron L, Messmer B, Vunjak Novakovic G, Kaplan D. Silk fibroin microtubes for blood vessel engineering. Biomaterials. 2007;28:5271-9 pubmed..When combined with the biocompatible and suturability features of silk fibroin, these results suggest that silk microtubes, either implanted directly or preseeded with cells, are an attractive biomaterial for microvascular grafts. ..
- Zhang Y, Tang L. Discovery and development of sulforaphane as a cancer chemopreventive phytochemical. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2007;28:1343-54 pubmed
- Dai Z, Liu S, Marcucci G, Sadee W. 5-Aza-2'-deoxycytidine and depsipeptide synergistically induce expression of BIK (BCL2-interacting killer). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;351:455-61 pubmed..In summary, synergistic upregulation of pro-apoptotic BIK-previously shown to suppress tumor growth-appears to play a critical role in anticancer effects of 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine plus depsipeptide. ..
- Bomben V, Sontheimer H. Disruption of transient receptor potential canonical channel 1 causes incomplete cytokinesis and slows the growth of human malignant gliomas. Glia. 2010;58:1145-56 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that TRPC1 channels play an important role in glioma cell division most likely by regulating calcium signaling during cytokinesis...
- Anderson P, Bokor G. Forensic aspects of drug-induced violence. J Pharm Pract. 2012;25:41-9 pubmed publisher..Our goal is to present a primer on the pharmacological and forensic issues relating to drug-induced violence. No attempt was made to provide a comprehensive review of all the literature related to drug-induced violence. ..
- Wayman G, Lee Y, Tokumitsu H, Silva A, Silva A, Soderling T. Calmodulin-kinases: modulators of neuronal development and plasticity. Neuron. 2008;59:914-31 pubmed publisher..The technical challenges of mapping cellular protein kinase signaling pathways are also discussed. ..
- Burel S, Han S, Lee H, Norris D, Lee B, Machemer T, et al. Preclinical evaluation of the toxicological effects of a novel constrained ethyl modified antisense compound targeting signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 in mice and cynomolgus monkeys. Nucleic Acid Ther. 2013;23:213-27 pubmed publisher..The toxicity profile of ISIS 481464 is consistent with effects observed with phosphorothioate ASOs containing 2'-O-methoxyethylribose modifications instead of cEt. ..
- Ziegler D. Flavin-containing monooxygenases: enzymes adapted for multisubstrate specificity. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 1990;11:321-4 pubmed..FMO appears to be ideally adapted to catalyse the detoxification of structurally diverse soft nucleophiles (e.g. alkaloids with basic side-chains and organic sulfur xenobiotics) so abundant in food derived from plants. ..
- Philipp M, Masters E, Wormser G, Hogrefe W, Martin D. Serologic evaluation of patients from Missouri with erythema migrans-like skin lesions with the C6 Lyme test. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2006;13:1170-1 pubmed..The C6 test is negative in patients with STARI, providing further evidence that B. burgdorferi is not the etiologic agent of this disease...
- Richardson A, Fischer K, Speakman J, De Cabo R, Mitchell S, Peterson C, et al. Measures of Healthspan as Indices of Aging in Mice-A Recommendation. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2016;71:427-30 pubmed publisher..Finally, we strongly recommend that functional measurements be performed in both males and females so that sex differences in the rate of functional decline in different domains are taken into consideration. ..
- Montazerhodjat V, Chaudhuri S, Sargent D, Lo A. Use of Bayesian Decision Analysis to Minimize Harm in Patient-Centered Randomized Clinical Trials in Oncology. JAMA Oncol. 2017;3:e170123 pubmed publisher..5%. Bayesian decision analysis is a systematic, objective, transparent, and repeatable process for deciding the outcomes of RCTs that explicitly incorporates burden of disease and patient preferences. ..
- Xu Monette Z, Zhang S, Li X, Manyam G, Wang X, Xia Y, et al. p63 expression confers significantly better survival outcomes in high-risk diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and demonstrates p53-like and p53-independent tumor suppressor function. Aging (Albany NY). 2016;8:345-65 pubmed..In summary, p63 has p53-like and p53-independent functions and favorable prognostic impact, however this protective effect can be abolished by TP53 mutations. ..
- Silverberg M, Leyden W, Xu L, Horberg M, Chao C, Towner W, et al. Immunodeficiency and risk of myocardial infarction among HIV-positive individuals with access to care. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2014;65:160-6 pubmed publisher..We sought to clarify the association of HIV infection and immunodeficiency on myocardial infarction (MI) risk...
- Nicholls S, Cavender M, Kastelein J, Schwartz G, Waters D, Rosenson R, et al. Inhibition of secretory phospholipase A(2) in patients with acute coronary syndromes: rationale and design of the vascular inflammation suppression to treat acute coronary syndrome for 16 weeks (VISTA-16) trial. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2012;26:71-5 pubmed publisher..The VISTA-16 study will determine whether varespladib methyl has a beneficial impact on cardiovascular events in patients with an acute coronary syndrome. ..
- Ecker D, Massire C, Blyn L, Hofstadler S, Hannis J, Eshoo M, et al. Molecular genotyping of microbes by multilocus PCR and mass spectrometry: a new tool for hospital infection control and public health surveillance. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;551:71-87 pubmed publisher..This technology will facilitate understanding of the pathways by which infectious organisms spread and will enable appropriate interventions on a time frame not previously achievable. ..
- Gardner D, Lane M, Schoolcraft W. Culture and transfer of viable blastocysts: a feasible proposition for human IVF. Hum Reprod. 2000;15 Suppl 6:9-23 pubmed
- McKay D, Chang C, González Cestari T, McKay S, El Hajj R, Bryant D, et al. Analogs of methyllycaconitine as novel noncompetitive inhibitors of nicotinic receptors: pharmacological characterization, computational modeling, and pharmacophore development. Mol Pharmacol. 2007;71:1288-97 pubmed..These results demonstrate the effectiveness of computational modeling and pharmacophore development, which may lead to the identification of new therapeutic drugs that target novel sites on nAChRs. ..
- Chen X, Wang X, Besra G, Gumperz J. Modulation of CD1d-restricted NKT cell responses by CD4. J Leukoc Biol. 2007;82:1455-65 pubmed..These results indicate that CD4 can contribute to NKT cell activation independently of the presence of a CD4-ligand on APCs and suggest that it preferentially modulates cytokine and proliferative responses. ..
- Agnes R, Broome A, Wang J, Verma A, Lavik K, Basilion J. An optical probe for noninvasive molecular imaging of orthotopic brain tumors overexpressing epidermal growth factor receptor. Mol Cancer Ther. 2012;11:2202-11 pubmed publisher..The data presented here represent the first demonstration of differential quantitation of tumors expressing EGFR in live animals by a targeted NIR fluorescence probe using a molecular imaging device. ..
- Sapra K, Buck Louis G, Sundaram R, Joseph K, Bates L, Galea S, et al. Signs and symptoms associated with early pregnancy loss: findings from a population-based preconception cohort. Hum Reprod. 2016;31:887-96 pubmed publisher..The authors have no conflict of interest to declare. ..
- Zimering M, Alder J, Pan Z, Donnelly R. Anti-endothelial and anti-neuronal effects from auto-antibodies in subsets of adult diabetes having a cluster of microvascular complications. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2011;93:95-105 pubmed publisher..These results suggest anti-endothelial and anti-neuronal effects from auto-antibodies in a subset of diabetic patients with a cluster of microvascular complications. ..
- Wexler R. Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring in primary care. South Med J. 2010;103:447-52 pubmed publisher..Ambulatory BP monitoring is also being increasingly used in clinical trials that assess the antihypertensive effects of medications. ..
- Gosling A, Kendrick D, Kim A, Nagavalli A, Kimball E, Liu N, et al. Simulation of carotid artery stenting reduces training procedure and fluoroscopy times. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:298-306 pubmed publisher..Incorporation of endovascular simulators in residency training may assist in shortening the learning curve in rarer endovascular procedures. ..
- Tho S, Jackson R, Kulharya A, Reindollar R, Layman L, McDonough P. Long-term follow-up and analysis of monozygotic twins concordant for 45,X/46,XY peripheral blood karyotype but discordant for phenotypic sex. Am J Med Genet A. 2007;143A:2616-22 pubmed..The 45X cell line is likely due to his receiving these cells passively from his twin sister via placental anastomoses in utero. The exposure to these 45,X cells during development may have had an impact on his spermatogenesis...