Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in United Kingdom
Locale: United Kingdom
Publications1629 found, 100 shown here
- Kheyami A, Nakagomi T, Nakagomi O, Dove W, Hart C, Cunliffe N. Molecular epidemiology of rotavirus diarrhea among children in Saudi Arabia: first detection of G9 and G12 strains. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46:1185-91 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to describe the distribution of rotavirus G and P types and also the first to identify G9P and G12P strains in the country. ..
- Panicker V, Cluett C, Shields B, Murray A, Parnell K, Perry J, et al. A common variation in deiodinase 1 gene DIO1 is associated with the relative levels of free thyroxine and triiodothyronine. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93:3075-81 pubmed publisher..This should prove a valuable tool to assess the relative effects of circulating free T(3) vs. free T(4) on a wide range of biological parameters. ..
- Nutt D. Relationship of neurotransmitters to the symptoms of major depressive disorder. J Clin Psychiatry. 2008;69 Suppl E1:4-7 pubmed
- Diggle C, Shires M, Leitch D, Brooke D, Carr I, Markham A, et al. Ketohexokinase: expression and localization of the principal fructose-metabolizing enzyme. J Histochem Cytochem. 2009;57:763-74 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight that the use of in vivo biological controls (tissues from knockout animals) is required to distinguish genuine KHK immunoreactivity from experimental artifact. ..
- Laude A, Cackett P, Vithana E, Yeo I, Wong D, Koh A, et al. Polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy and neovascular age-related macular degeneration: same or different disease?. Prog Retin Eye Res. 2010;29:19-29 pubmed publisher..g. smoking). Such information could further assist clinicians involved in the care of elderly patients with these conditions. ..
- Blackford A, Patel R, Forrester N, Theil K, Groitl P, Stewart G, et al. Adenovirus 12 E4orf6 inhibits ATR activation by promoting TOPBP1 degradation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:12251-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data provide insights into how Ad modulates ATR signaling pathways during infection. ..
- Brunstrom J, Brown S, Hinton E, Rogers P, Fay S. 'Expected satiety' changes hunger and fullness in the inter-meal interval. Appetite. 2011;56:310-5 pubmed publisher..Potential explanations are discussed, including the prospect that satiety is moderated by memories of expected satiety that are encoded around the time that a meal is consumed. ..
- Zhou C, Simpson K, Lancashire L, Walker M, Dawson M, Unwin R, et al. Statistical considerations of optimal study design for human plasma proteomics and biomarker discovery. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:2103-13 pubmed publisher..The power analysis provides information required prior to study initiation. ..
- Raja S. Local application of gentamicin-containing collagen implant in the prophylaxis and treatment of surgical site infection following cardiac surgery. Int J Surg. 2012;10 Suppl 1:S10-4 pubmed publisher..The adjunctive use of GCCI is particularly beneficial in high-risk patients. GCCI may also have a role to play in the treatment of deep sternal wound infection. ..
- Obi E, Drummond S, Kemp E, Roberts F. Pleomorphic adenomas of the lower eyelid: a case series. Ophthalmic Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013;29:e14-7 pubmed publisher..We describe 2 cases of pleomorphic adenomas arising in the medial aspect and 1 case arising in the middle of the lower eyelid, respectively. The likely origin of these tumors at this location is from ectopic lacrimal gland. ..
- Compan V, Baroja Mazo A, Bragg L, Verkhratsky A, Perroy J, Pelegrin P. A genetically encoded IL-1Î² bioluminescence resonance energy transfer sensor to monitor inflammasome activity. J Immunol. 2012;189:2131-7 pubmed publisher..With this new probe, we also demonstrated that the pro-IL-1Î² processing occurs all over the cytoplasm. ..
- Hadders M, Agromayor M, Obita T, Perisic O, Caballe A, Kloc M, et al. ESCRT-III binding protein MITD1 is involved in cytokinesis and has an unanticipated PLD fold that binds membranes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:17424-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a model whereby MITD1 coordinates the activity of ESCRT-III during abscission with earlier events in the final stages of cell division. ..
- Goulet A, Behnke Parks W, Sindelar C, Major J, Rosenfeld S, Moores C. The structural basis of force generation by the mitotic motor kinesin-5. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:44654-66 pubmed publisher..Together, our data reveal the precision with which the molecular mechanism of kinesin-5 motors has evolved for force generation. ..
- Whear R, Abdul Rahman A, Boddy K, Thompson Coon J, Perry M, Stein K. The clinical effectiveness of patient initiated clinics for patients with chronic or recurrent conditions managed in secondary care: a systematic review. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74774 pubmed publisher..Implementation of patient initiated clinics should remain cautious, with importance placed on ongoing evaluation of long term outcomes and costs. ..
- Lee C, Lee A, Baughman D, Sim D, Akelere T, Brand C, et al. The United Kingdom Diabetic Retinopathy Electronic Medical Record Users Group: Report 3: Baseline Retinopathy and Clinical Features Predict Progression of Diabetic Retinopathy. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;180:64-71 pubmed publisher..84 higher HR of developing VH (95% CI 1.39-10.62, P = .0095). Baseline severities and features of initial DR are prognostic for PDR development. IRMA increases risk of PDR whereas 4Q DBH increases risk of VH. ..
- Howard M, Isacke C. The C-type lectin receptor Endo180 displays internalization and recycling properties distinct from other members of the mannose receptor family. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:32320-31 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that despite an overall structural similarity, members of this receptor family employ distinct trafficking mechanisms that may reflect important differences in their physiological functions. ..
- Theodoratou E, McNeill G, Cetnarskyj R, Farrington S, Tenesa A, Barnetson R, et al. Dietary fatty acids and colorectal cancer: a case-control study. Am J Epidemiol. 2007;166:181-95 pubmed..The observed different effects of different types of fatty acids underline the importance of type of fat in the etiology and prevention of colorectal cancer. ..
- Wadman R, Durkin K, Conti Ramsden G. Self-esteem, shyness, and sociability in adolescents with specific language impairment (SLI). J Speech Lang Hear Res. 2008;51:938-52 pubmed publisher..To determine if lower global self-esteem, shyness, and low sociability are outcomes associated with SLI in adolescence. Possible concurrent predictive relationships and gender differences were also examined...
- McWilliam Leitch E, Cabrerizo M, Cardosa J, Harvala H, Ivanova O, Koike S, et al. The association of recombination events in the founding and emergence of subgenogroup evolutionary lineages of human enterovirus 71. J Virol. 2012;86:2676-85 pubmed publisher..The possibility that recombination contributed to their subsequent spread through improved fitness requires further biological and immunological characterization...
- Ralis Z, Watkins G. Modified tetrachrome method for osteoid and defectively mineralized bone in paraffin sections. Biotech Histochem. 1992;67:339-45 pubmed
- Willett B, Picard L, Hosie M, Turner J, Adema K, Clapham P. Shared usage of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 by the feline and human immunodeficiency viruses. J Virol. 1997;71:6407-15 pubmed
- MacFarlane M, Merrison W, Dinsdale D, Cohen G. Active caspases and cleaved cytokeratins are sequestered into cytoplasmic inclusions in TRAIL-induced apoptosis. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:1239-54 pubmed..We propose that effector caspase-mediated cleavage of cytokeratins, resulting in disassembly of the cytoskeleton and formation of cytoplasmic inclusions, may be a characteristic feature of epithelial cell apoptosis. ..
- Lau K, McLoughlin D, Standen C, Miller C. X11 alpha and x11 beta interact with presenilin-1 via their PDZ domains. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2000;16:557-65 pubmed..These results suggest that the X11 regulation of APP processing is controlled, at least in part, via their interactions with APP and presenilin-1. ..
- Almaz n F, Tscharke D, Smith G. The vaccinia virus superoxide dismutase-like protein (A45R) is a virion component that is nonessential for virus replication. J Virol. 2001;75:7018-29 pubmed publisher..A45R is unusual in being the first VV core protein described that affects neither virus replication nor virulence...
- Hearle N, Damato B, Humphreys J, Wixey J, Green H, Stone J, et al. Contribution of germline mutations in BRCA2, P16(INK4A), P14(ARF) and P15 to uveal melanoma. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2003;44:458-62 pubmed..It is likely that mutations in other genes contribute to an inherited predisposition to uveal melanoma. ..
- Chandran S, Compston A, Jauniaux E, Gilson J, Blakemore W, Svendsen C. Differential generation of oligodendrocytes from human and rodent embryonic spinal cord neural precursors. Glia. 2004;47:314-24 pubmed..These results provide further evidence for inter-species difference in the capacity of neural precursors to generate oligodendrocytes. ..
- Sim J, Wright C. The kappa statistic in reliability studies: use, interpretation, and sample size requirements. Phys Ther. 2005;85:257-68 pubmed..The article concludes with recommendations for the use and interpretation of kappa. ..
- Kurowska Stolarska M, Stolarski B, Kewin P, Murphy G, Corrigan C, Ying S, et al. IL-33 amplifies the polarization of alternatively activated macrophages that contribute to airway inflammation. J Immunol. 2009;183:6469-77 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we demonstrate here that IL-33/ST2 plays a significant role in the amplification of AAM polarization and chemokine production which contribute to innate and Ag-induced airway inflammation. ..
- Ismail T, Zhang S, Fernig D, Gross S, Martin Fernandez M, See V, et al. Self-association of calcium-binding protein S100A4 and metastasis. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:914-22 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of the self-association of S100 proteins might be a novel means of inhibiting their metastasis-promoting activities. ..
- Howard C, Andrés P, Broks P, Noad R, Sadler M, Coker D, et al. Memory, metamemory and their dissociation in temporal lobe epilepsy. Neuropsychologia. 2010;48:921-32 pubmed publisher..Patients were able to monitor their memory successfully at the item-by-item level, and tended to be even more accurate than controls when making global judgements. ..
- Walker N, Saldanha M, Sharp J, Porooshani H, McDonald B, Ferguson D, et al. Calcification of hydrophilic acrylic intraocular lenses in combined phacovitrectomy surgery. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2010;36:1427-31 pubmed publisher..The reason calcification occurred in the 2 cases remains unknown, but clinicians should be aware of this potential complication. No author has a financial or proprietary interest in any material or method mentioned. ..
- Jones A, Rayes D, Al Diwani A, Maynard T, Jones R, Hernando G, et al. A Cys-loop mutation in the Caenorhabditis elegans nicotinic receptor subunit UNC-63 impairs but does not abolish channel function. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:2550-8 pubmed publisher..The C. elegans unc-63(x26) mutant may therefore offer a useful model to assist in the development of therapies for syndromes produced by altered function of human nAChRs. ..
- Pastides P, El Sallakh S, Charalambides C. Morton's neuroma: A clinical versus radiological diagnosis. Foot Ankle Surg. 2012;18:22-4 pubmed publisher..The aim of our study was to compare the clinical versus radiological diagnosis of patients suffering from a Morton's neuroma...
- James V, Bode A, Chung S, Gill J, Nielsen M, Cowan F, et al. Novel missense mutations in the glycine receptor ? subunit gene (GLRB) in startle disease. Neurobiol Dis. 2013;52:137-49 pubmed publisher..Since mild startle symptoms were reported in W310C carriers, this may represent an example of incomplete dominance in startle disease, providing a potential genetic explanation for the 'minor' form of hyperekplexia. ..
- Hazelett D, Rhie S, Gaddis M, Yan C, Lakeland D, Coetzee S, et al. Comprehensive functional annotation of 77 prostate cancer risk loci. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004102 pubmed publisher..Identification of such enhancer variants and their potential target genes represents a preliminary step in connecting risk to disease process...
- Girdland Flink L, Allen R, Barnett R, Malmström H, Peters J, Eriksson J, et al. Establishing the validity of domestication genes using DNA from ancient chickens. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:6184-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, mitochondrial variation has increased as a result of recent admixture with exotic breeds. We conclude by emphasizing the perils of inferring the past from modern genetic data alone. ..
- Beards G, Graham C, Pillay D. Investigation of vesicular rashes for HSV and VZV by PCR. J Med Virol. 1998;54:155-7 pubmed..For varicella zoster virus, the sensitivities of virus isolation and electron microscopy were 47% and 60%. These data illustrate the advantage of rapid PCR diagnosis of herpes simplex virus and varicella zoster virus in vesicle fluids. ..
- Eloranta J, Hurst H. Transcription factor AP-2 interacts with the SUMO-conjugating enzyme UBC9 and is sumolated in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:30798-804 pubmed..Transient transfection studies indicate that sumolation of AP-2 decreases its transcription activation potential, and we discuss the possible mechanisms for the observed suppression of AP-2 transactivation. ..
- Pendleton A, Johnson M, Hughes A, Gurley K, Ho A, Doherty M, et al. Mutations in ANKH cause chondrocalcinosis. Am J Hum Genet. 2002;71:933-40 pubmed..Increased ANK activity may explain the different types of crystals commonly deposited in human CCAL2 families and mutant mice and may provide a useful pharmacological target for treating some forms of human CC...
- Brown J, Goldblatt D, Buddle J, Morton L, Thrasher A. Diminished production of anti-inflammatory mediators during neutrophil apoptosis and macrophage phagocytosis in chronic granulomatous disease (CGD). J Leukoc Biol. 2003;73:591-9 pubmed
- Christian M, Tullet J, Parker M. Characterization of four autonomous repression domains in the corepressor receptor interacting protein 140. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:15645-51 pubmed..Use of specific inhibitors indicates that RD2, RD3, and RD4 are capable of functioning by HDAC-dependent and HDAC-independent mechanisms, depending upon cell type. ..
- Andrews P, Ovechkina Y, Morrice N, Wagenbach M, Duncan K, Wordeman L, et al. Aurora B regulates MCAK at the mitotic centromere. Dev Cell. 2004;6:253-68 pubmed..These results link Aurora B activity to MCAK function, with Aurora B regulating MCAK's activity and its localization at the centromere and kinetochore...
- Fairley J, Kantidakis T, Kenneth N, Intine R, Maraia R, White R. Human La is found at RNA polymerase III-transcribed genes in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:18350-5 pubmed..However, gene occupancy depends on the phosphorylation status of La, with the less prevalent, unphosphorylated form being found selectively on pol III templates. ..
- Chan W, Follows G, Lacaud G, Pimanda J, Landry J, Kinston S, et al. The paralogous hematopoietic regulators Lyl1 and Scl are coregulated by Ets and GATA factors, but Lyl1 cannot rescue the early Scl-/- phenotype. Blood. 2007;109:1908-16 pubmed..Furthermore, coregulation of Scl and Lyl1 later during development may explain the mild phenotype of Scl-/- adult HSCs. ..
- Eberl M, Moser B. Monocytes and gammadelta T cells: close encounters in microbial infection. Trends Immunol. 2009;30:562-8 pubmed publisher..Vgamma9/Vdelta2 T cells act thus as a cellular switch between innate and adaptive defence mechanisms...
- Bishop M, Will R, Manson J. Defining sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease strains and their transmission properties. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:12005-10 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we have identified four distinct strains of sCJD using our in vivo strain typing panel. ..
- Nistala K, Adams S, Cambrook H, Ursu S, Olivito B, de Jager W, et al. Th17 plasticity in human autoimmune arthritis is driven by the inflammatory environment. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:14751-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore therapies targeting the induction of Th17 cells could also attenuate Th17/1 and Th1 effector populations within the inflamed joint. ..
- Murray E, Burden F, Horscroft N, Smith Burchnell C, Westby M. Knockdown of USP18 increases ? 2a interferon signaling and induction of interferon-stimulating genes but does not increase antiviral activity in Huh7 cells. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2011;55:4311-9 pubmed publisher..5 cells. These data suggest that the IFN-mediated AV response in Huh7.5 cells has only a limited dependence on USP18 activity. ..
- Lilburn D, Pavlovskaya G, Meersmann T. Perspectives of hyperpolarized noble gas MRI beyond 3He. J Magn Reson. 2013;229:173-86 pubmed publisher..In addition, the prospects for surface sensitive contrast with hp (83)Kr MRI is discussed...
- McGrath S, Michael A, Pandha H, Morgan R. Engrailed homeobox transcription factors as potential markers and targets in cancer. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:549-54 pubmed publisher..It is hoped that further work may confirm associations between En expression and therapy-resistant, poor prognosis cancers, similar to that identified with other homeobox gene profiles. ..
- Wong Baeza I, Ridley A, Shaw J, Hatano H, Ryśnik O, McHugh K, et al. KIR3DL2 binds to HLA-B27 dimers and free H chains more strongly than other HLA class I and promotes the expansion of T cells in ankylosing spondylitis. J Immunol. 2013;190:3216-24 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that expansion of KIR3DL2-expressing leukocytes observed in B27(+) SpA may be explained by the stronger interaction of KIR3DL2 with B27 FHC. ..
- Orgeta V, Orrell M, Edwards R, Hounsome B, Woods B. Self- and Carer-Rated Pain in People With Dementia: Influences of Pain in Carers. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2015;49:1042-9 pubmed publisher..36; 95% CI 0.21-0.63, P â‰¤ 0.001). Our results indicate that pain is very frequently reported in PwD and that the presence of pain is associated with high levels of anxiety. Caregiver pain affects carers' perceptions of pain in PwD. ..
- Burton A, Schweinberger S, Jenkins R, Kaufmann J. Arguments Against a Configural Processing Account of Familiar Face Recognition. Perspect Psychol Sci. 2015;10:482-96 pubmed publisher..We argue instead that second-order configural information is remarkably unimportant for familiar face recognition. ..
- Gould K, Moreno S, Tonks N, Nurse P. Complementation of the mitotic activator, p80cdc25, by a human protein-tyrosine phosphatase. Science. 1990;250:1573-6 pubmed..The complementary DNA that encoded the tyrosine phosphatase replaced the mitotic activator p80cdc25, closely associating the cdc25(+)-activating pathway with tyrosine dephosphorylation of pp34. ..
- Downward J, Leevers S. Trachealess--a new transcription factor target for PKB/Akt. Dev Cell. 2001;1:726-8 pubmed..Applying a combined genetic and biochemical approach has led to the identification of a new protein kinase B/Akt target, the transcription factor Trachealess. ..
- Anderson K, Billington J, Pettigrew D, Cota E, Simpson P, Roversi P, et al. An atomic resolution model for assembly, architecture, and function of the Dr adhesins. Mol Cell. 2004;15:647-57 pubmed
- Tudor E, Perkinton M, Schmidt A, Ackerley S, Brownlees J, Jacobsen N, et al. ALS2/Alsin regulates Rac-PAK signaling and neurite outgrowth. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:34735-40 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate that ALS2 promotes neurite outgrowth. Defects in these functions may therefore contribute to motor neuron demise in ALS. ..
- Houston C, Lee H, Hosie A, Moss S, Smart T. Identification of the sites for CaMK-II-dependent phosphorylation of GABA(A) receptors. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:17855-65 pubmed..These findings were confirmed in a neuronal environment by expressing recombinant GABA(A) receptors in cerebellar granule neurons. ..
- Paterson J, Baxter G, Dreyer J, Halket J, Flynn R, Lawrence J. Salicylic acid sans aspirin in animals and man: persistence in fasting and biosynthesis from benzoic acid. J Agric Food Chem. 2008;56:11648-52 pubmed publisher..However, that SA appears to be, at least partially, an endogenous compound should lead to reassessment of its role in human (and animal) pathophysiology. ..
- Oehler V, Filipe A, Montserret R, Da Costa D, Brown G, Penin F, et al. Structural analysis of hepatitis C virus core-E1 signal peptide and requirements for cleavage of the genotype 3a signal sequence by signal peptide peptidase. J Virol. 2012;86:7818-28 pubmed publisher..Our findings give deeper insights into the mechanisms of intramembrane-cleaving proteases and the impact on viral infections. ..
- Coll B, Moutari S, Marshall A. Hotspots identification and ranking for road safety improvement: an alternative approach. Accid Anal Prev. 2013;59:604-17 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this new method can be viewed as an intelligent decision support system for road safety performance evaluation, in order to prioritize interventions for road safety improvement. ..
- Nigro E, Colavita I, Sarnataro D, Scudiero O, Zambrano G, Granata V, et al. An ancestral host defence peptide within human β-defensin 3 recapitulates the antibacterial and antiviral activity of the full-length molecule. Sci Rep. 2015;5:18450 pubmed publisher..Notably, the small, stable scaffold of the HBD3 γ-core can be exploited to design disease-specific antimicrobial agents. ..
- BÃ¼ttler R, Martens F, Ackermans M, Davison A, van Herwaarden A, Kortz L, et al. Comparison of eight routine unpublished LC-MS/MS methods for the simultaneous measurement of testosterone and androstenedione in serum. Clin Chim Acta. 2016;454:112-8 pubmed publisher..The observed differences in standardization should be taken into account when applying reference values, or should, preferably, be solved. ..
- Friston K, Holmes A, Poline J, Grasby P, Williams S, Frackowiak R, et al. Analysis of fMRI time-series revisited. Neuroimage. 1995;2:45-53 pubmed..We demonstrate this point using a multiple regression analysis that tests for effects of interest (activations due to word generation), while taking explicit account of some obvious confounds. ..
- Stover C, Thiel S, Thelen M, Lynch N, Vorup Jensen T, Jensenius J, et al. Two constituents of the initiation complex of the mannan-binding lectin activation pathway of complement are encoded by a single structural gene. J Immunol. 1999;162:3481-90 pubmed
- Lechner F, Wong D, Dunbar P, Chapman R, Chung R, Dohrenwend P, et al. Analysis of successful immune responses in persons infected with hepatitis C virus. J Exp Med. 2000;191:1499-512 pubmed..These studies demonstrate a strong and persistent CTL response in resolving acute HCV infection, and provide rationale to explore immune augmentation as a therapeutic intervention in chronic HCV infection. ..
- Lai C, Fisher S, Hurst J, Levy E, Hodgson S, Fox M, et al. The SPCH1 region on human 7q31: genomic characterization of the critical interval and localization of translocations associated with speech and language disorder. Am J Hum Genet. 2000;67:357-68 pubmed..These studies represent further steps toward the isolation of the first gene to be implicated in the development of speech and language. ..
- McKeever T, Lewis S, Smith C, Hubbard R. Mode of delivery and risk of developing allergic disease. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2002;109:800-2 pubmed..We found no convincing evidence to suggest that babies born by caesarean, forceps, or breech delivery had an increased risk of developing allergic disease. ..
- Morgan H, Tumber A, Hill P. Breast cancer cells induce osteoclast formation by stimulating host IL-11 production and downregulating granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor. Int J Cancer. 2004;109:653-60 pubmed
- Dornan D, Eckert M, Wallace M, Shimizu H, Ramsay E, Hupp T, et al. Interferon regulatory factor 1 binding to p300 stimulates DNA-dependent acetylation of p53. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10083-98 pubmed..These data expand the core p300-p53 protein LXXLL and PXXP interface by including an IRF-1-p300 interface as an allosteric modifier of DNA-dependent acetylation of p53 at the p21 promoter. ..
- Somayaji H, Saifuddin A, Casey A, Briggs T. Spinal cord infarction following therapeutic computed tomography-guided left L2 nerve root injection. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2005;30:E106-8 pubmed..We report the fourth case of spinal cord infarction following nerve root injection. The severity of this complication warrants that it should be considered during patient consent for this procedure. ..
- Sapountzi V, Logan I, Robson C. Cellular functions of TIP60. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2006;38:1496-509 pubmed..Here, we describe how TIP60 is a multifunctional enzyme involved in multiple nuclear transactions. ..
- McAleer D, McPhillips F, Fitzgerald S, McConnell R, Rodríguez M. Application of Evidence Investigator for the simultaneous measurement of soluble adhesion molecules: L-, P-, E- selectins, VCAM-1, ICAM-1 in a biochip platform. J Immunoassay Immunochem. 2006;27:363-78 pubmed..Data from the evaluation parameters assessed indicate suitability of the Evidence Investigator system for the application. ..
- Chong M, Sochor M, Ipaktchi K, Brede C, Poster C, Wang S. The interaction of 'occupant factors' on the lower extremity fractures in frontal collision of motor vehicle crashes based on a level I trauma center. J Trauma. 2007;62:720-9 pubmed..This study strongly supports the fact that occupants with dissimilar body habitus interact differently with the interior cabin of the vehicle, thus, the performance of the active and passive safety systems. ..
- Taylor E, Copsey A, Hudson J, Vidot S, Lehmann A. Identification of the proteins, including MAGEG1, that make up the human SMC5-6 protein complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:1197-206 pubmed..Depletion also confers sensitivity to methyl methanesulfonate. Several of the components are modified by sumoylation and ubiquitination. ..
- Watson T. Ultrasound in contemporary physiotherapy practice. Ultrasonics. 2008;48:321-9 pubmed publisher..The future possibilities for the use of the modality are reviewed, and although outside the immediate remit of this paper, the use of therapeutic ultrasound in fracture management is briefly considered. ..
- Groves E, Rittinger K, Amstutz M, Berry S, Holden D, Cornelis G, et al. Sequestering of Rac by the Yersinia effector YopO blocks Fcgamma receptor-mediated phagocytosis. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:4087-98 pubmed publisher..We propose that YopO exploits this basic difference in localization and availability to selectively inhibit Rac-dependent phagocytosis. ..
- Ferllini R. Tissue preservation and projectile context in a Spanish Civil War victim. J Forensic Leg Med. 2010;17:285-8 pubmed publisher..The information obtained has important relevance for human rights investigations and the work of the forensic anthropologist. ..
- Shave R, Baggish A, George K, Wood M, Scharhag J, Whyte G, et al. Exercise-induced cardiac troponin elevation: evidence, mechanisms, and implications. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010;56:169-76 pubmed publisher..This paper will review the biochemistry, prevalence, potential mechanisms, and management of patients with exercise-induced cTn elevations. ..
- Richards J, Wigmore S, Devey L. Heme oxygenase system in hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:6068-78 pubmed..Further work is required to understand the physiological importance of the many actions of HO-1 identified experimentally, and to harness the protective effect of HO-1 for therapeutic potential. ..
- Michel M, Pang D, Haque S, Potocnik A, Pennington D, Hayday A. Interleukin 7 (IL-7) selectively promotes mouse and human IL-17-producing γδ cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:17549-54 pubmed publisher..Hence, IL-7 has a conserved potential to preferentially regulate IL-17-producing γδ cells, with both biological and clinical implications. ..
- McMahon J, Wong L, Crowther J, Taylor W, McManners J, Devine J, et al. Patterns of local recurrence after primary resection of cancers that arise in the sinonasal region and the maxillary alveolus. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013;51:389-93 pubmed publisher..Advanced cancer of the midface often equates with disease at the skull base. Treatment, including surgical tactics, should reflect that...