Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Turkey
Publications464 found, 100 shown here
- Ozek C, Gundogan H, Bilkay U, Tokat C, Gurler T, Songur E. Craniomaxillofacial fibrous dysplasia. J Craniofac Surg. 2002;13:382-9 pubmed..Periodic follow-up is indicated to detect recurrences or malignant changes in the early stages...
- Yagmurca M, Fadillioglu E, Erdogan H, Ucar M, Sogut S, Irmak M. Erdosteine prevents doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity in rats. Pharmacol Res. 2003;48:377-82 pubmed..Collectively, these in vivo hemodynamic, enzymatic and morphologic studies provide an evidence for a possible prevention of cardiac toxicity in Dxr-treated patients. ..
- Kaygusuz I, Godekmerdan A, Karlidag T, Keles E, Yalcin S, Aral I, et al. Early stage impacts of tonsillectomy on immune functions of children. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2003;67:1311-5 pubmed..The cellular and humoral immune responses are stimulated in patients with tonsillitis, and tonsillectomy removes this stimulus without negatively affecting the patient's immune functions. ..
- Karlidag T, Kaygusuz I, Keles E, Yalcin S, Serhatlioğlu S, Acik Y, et al. Hearing in workers exposed to low-dose radiation for a long period. Hear Res. 2004;194:60-4 pubmed..Subjects under high risk should be evaluated periodically. We suggest that the use of standard and high frequency audiometry together could be beneficial in the evaluation of these subjects. ..
- Akar M, Eyi E, Yilmaz E, Yuksel B, Yilmaz Z. Maternal deaths and their causes in Ankara, Turkey, 1982-2001. J Health Popul Nutr. 2004;22:420-8 pubmed..The problem of maternal mortality remains multifactorial. Short-term objectives should be focused on improving both medical and administrative practices. Improving the status of women will necessarily remain a long-term objective. ..
- Akay K, Izci Y, Baysefer A, Atabey C, Kismet E, Timurkaynak E. Surgical outcomes of cerebellar tumors in children. Pediatr Neurosurg. 2004;40:220-5 pubmed..The follow-up periods must be shorter if brain stem invasion exists. Radiotherapy and chemotherapy are the adjuvant therapies according to the pathological diagnosis and the patient's age. ..
- Taskaynatan M, Izci Y, Ozgul A, Hazneci B, Dursun H, Kalyon T. Clinical significance of congenital lumbosacral malformations in young male population with prolonged low back pain. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2005;30:E210-3 pubmed..A prospective clinical investigation...
- Bayazit Y, Ozer E, Kanlikama M, Durmaz T, Yilmaz M. Bone cement ossiculoplasty: incus to stapes versus malleus to stapes cement bridge. Otol Neurotol. 2005;26:364-7 pubmed..In this study, our purpose was to evaluate results of our experience with bone cement repair of ossicular discontinuity between the incus and stapes and between the malleus and stapes...
- Duman M, Ozdemir D, Yis U, Koroglu T, Oren O, Berktaş S. Multiple erythematous nodules and ecthyma gangrenosum as a manifestation of Pseudomonas aeruginosa sepsis in a previously healthy infant. Pediatr Dermatol. 2006;23:243-6 pubmed..aeruginosa. We report a previously healthy 6-month-old boy who had an uncommon presentation and rare complications during the course of P. aeruginosa sepsis...
- Cerci S, Ozturk O, Sutcu R, Ozbek F, Baydar C, Yildiz M, et al. Evaluation of the effects of toluene inhalation on alveolar epithelial permeability by 99mTc-DTPA inhalation scintigraphy in automobile painters. Nucl Med Commun. 2008;29:45-52 pubmed..This data also supports the observation that TDI occasionally stimulates bronchial changes rather than alveolar changes in automobile painters. ..
- Topal A, Eren M. Acute ventricular rupture due to myocardial infarction during postpartum period. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2009;8:565-7 pubmed publisher..However, myocardial infarction is uncommon during pregnancy and postpartum period. We review a case with left ventricular rupture as a complication of myocardial infarction during postpartum period. ..
- Ozdemir H, Demirdag K, Ozturk T, Kocakoc E. Anthrax of the gastrointestinal tract and oropharynx: CT findings. Emerg Radiol. 2010;17:161-4 pubmed publisher..We present the computed tomography findings of anthrax of the GI tract and oropharyngeal involvement which include inflammatory lesion in the oropharynx and GI hemorrhage...
- Abaci O, Haliki Uztan A, Ozturk B, Toksavul S, Ulusoy M, Boyacioglu H. Determining Candida spp. incidence in denture wearers. Mycopathologia. 2010;169:365-72 pubmed publisher..C. albicans live as saprophyte in the oral cavity. But, it is capable of causing infection if there are predisposing conditions related to the host. Usage of removable prosthesis may cause these microorganisms to gain pathogenicity. ..
- Koksal H, Kurban S. Total oxidant status, total antioxidant status, and paraoxonase and arylesterase activities during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2010;65:285-90 pubmed publisher..Paraoxonase and arylesterase levels are useful markers in the evaluation of oxidative stress caused by intraabdominal pressure due to pneumoperitoneum. ..
- Demirhan O, Tastemir D, Hasturk S, Kuleci S, Hanta I. Alterations in p16 and p53 genes and chromosomal findings in patients with lung cancer: fluorescence in situ hybridization and cytogenetic studies. Cancer Epidemiol. 2010;34:472-7 pubmed publisher..The loss of p16 and p53, and increased incidence of autosomal aneuploidy and chromatid breaks, along with other chromosomal alterations, can contribute to the progression of the disease. ..
- Karanlik H, Kurul S, Saip P, Unal E, Sen F, Disci R, et al. The role of antibiotic prophylaxis in totally implantable venous access device placement: results of a single-center prospective randomized trial. Am J Surg. 2011;202:10-5 pubmed publisher..We do not recommend the use of prophylactic antibiotics in TIVAD insertion because they will not decrease the already low rate of postoperative infectious complications. Registration number NCT00867295 (http://www.clinicaltrials.gov). ..
- Döşler S, Gerçeker A. In vitro activities of antimicrobial cationic peptides; melittin and nisin, alone or in combination with antibiotics against Gram-positive bacteria. J Chemother. 2012;24:137-43 pubmed publisher..5 × mic. ..
- Bulcun E, Ekici M, Ekici A, Kisa U. Microalbuminuria in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. COPD. 2013;10:186-92 pubmed publisher..Microalbuminuria in patients with severe COPD should be examined in regular periods for risk of cardiovascular morbidity or mortality. ..
- Ã–zgen NarcÄ± H, Ozcan Y, Åžahin Ä, Tarcan M, NarcÄ± M. An examination of competition and efficiency for hospital industry in Turkey. Health Care Manag Sci. 2015;18:407-18 pubmed publisher..To conclude, hospital efficiency in Turkey does not seem to be affected by the intensity of competition among hospitals. ..
- Oguz E, Tabur S, Akbas H, Duzen I, Karabag H, Akkafa F, et al. The association of ICAM E469K with cardiovascular characteristics of acromegaly. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2015;19:1673-9 pubmed..ICAM E469K may not be a risk factor for the acromegaly in Turkish population but may be associated with hypertension, higher FPG and lower HDL-C in acromegalic patients. ..
- Sutay S, Erdag T, Ikiz A, Guneri E. Large submandibular gland calculus with perforation of the floor of the mouth. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2003;128:587-8 pubmed
- Guzel A, Tatli M, Belen D, Seckin H. Spinal cord compression of primary extragonadal giant yolk sac tumor. Spinal Cord. 2007;45:254-7 pubmed..Case report...
- Erbil Y, Barbaros U, Ozbey N, Kapran Y, Tukenmez M, Bozbora A, et al. Graves' disease, with and without nodules, and the risk of thyroid carcinoma. J Laryngol Otol. 2008;122:291-5 pubmed..Carcinoma can occur in Graves' disease patients without nodules, and the absence of nodules on ultrasonographic examination does not reduce the risk of malignancy. ..
- Kadikoylu G, Barutca S, Tataroglu C, Kafkas S, Erpek H, Meydan N, et al. Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura as the first manifestation of metastatic adenocarcinoma in a young woman. Transfus Apher Sci. 2010;42:39-42 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, malignancy and bone marrow involvement should be considered when associated with leukoerythroblastic picture and TTP...
- Uzar E, Evliyaoglu O, Toprak G, Acar A, Yucel Y, Calisir T, et al. Increased asymmetric dimethylarginine and nitric oxide levels in patients with migraine. J Headache Pain. 2011;12:239-43 pubmed publisher..011, p=0.003). In conclusion, higher ADMA and NO levels of patients with migraine supported that oxidative stress and endothelial dysfunction may have a role in migraine pathogenesis. ..
- Akarcan S, Ä°ÅŸgÃ¼der R, YÄ±lmaz Ã, Ayhan Y, Ceylan G, AÄŸÄ±n H. Guillain-Barre syndrome in a 7-month-old boy successfully applied plasma exchange. Transfus Apher Sci. 2016;54:139-43 pubmed publisher..The patient recovered fully with intravenous immunoglobulin and plasma exchange. Plasma exchange may be a safe option in the treatment in infants with Guillain-BarrÃ© syndrome as young as 7-month-age. ..
- Balci A, Eren N, Eren S, Ulku R. Ruptured hydatid cysts of the lung in children: clinical review and results of surgery. Ann Thorac Surg. 2002;74:889-92 pubmed..Rupture of a hydatid cyst may cause some unique problems, especially in children...
- Balci A, Eren S, Ulku R, Eren M. Management of multiloculated empyema thoracis in children: thoracotomy versus fibrinolytic treatment. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2002;22:595-8 pubmed..3 versus 0.8). Continued conservative therapy risks morbidity and mortality. Thoracotomy-decortication can be used successfully and must remain the preferred method in the treatment of multiloculated pediatric empyema. ..
- Goren S, Subasi M, Tirasci Y, Kemaloglu S. Firearm-related mortality: a review of four hundred-forty four deaths in Diyarbakir, Turkey between 1996 and 2001. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2003;201:139-45 pubmed..Our findings show that the contributing factors for increasing death by firearm are terrorists' activities, traditional habits of obtaining and using guns and blood feuds. ..
- Kabakus N, Gurgoze M, Yildirim H, Godekmerdan A, Aydin M. Acute hemorrhagic leukoencephalitis manifesting as intracerebral hemorrhage associated with herpes simplex virus type I. J Trop Pediatr. 2005;51:245-9 pubmed..Since, as in our case, treatment with corticosteroid and acyclovir markedly improves conditions of herpes simplex-caused AHL, we suggest that early diagnosis and treatment is of importance for the prognosis...
- Bolukbas C, Bolukbas F, Kendir T, Dalay R, Akbayir N, Sokmen M, et al. Clinical presentation of abdominal tuberculosis in HIV seronegative adults. BMC Gastroenterol. 2005;5:21 pubmed..Although different clinical presentations of patients with abdominal tuberculosis determine diagnostic work up and need for therapeutic surgery, evidence based diagnosis and consequences of the disease does not change. ..
- Karlidag T, Bulut Y, Keles E, Kaygusuz I, Yalcin S, Ozdarendeli A, et al. Detection of Helicobacter pylori in children with otitis media with effusion: a preliminary report. Laryngoscope. 2005;115:1262-5 pubmed..These results may have interesting implications for a possible role of H. pylori in OME. In addition, these results suggest that further studies are needed to investigate the role of H. pylori in the etiology of OME. ..
- Yasan H, Dogru H, Baykal B, Doner F, Tuz M. What is the relationship between chronic sinus disease and isolated nasal septal deviation?. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2005;133:190-3 pubmed..Excluding the subjects with ostiomeatal anatomic variations has differentiated this study from the previously reported researches (isolated NSD). ..
- Caliskan Y, Demirturk M, Cagatay A, Guven D, Ozkan O, Ecder T, et al. Isolated hepatic tuberculous abscess in a renal transplant recipient. Transplant Proc. 2006;38:1341-3 pubmed..Percutaneous drainage along with systemic antituberculous chemotherapy must be considered as an alternative to surgery for the management. A greater awareness of this clinical entity is required for successful treatment...
- Bakkaloglu H, Dinccag A, Yanar H, Tunca F, Dogan O, Cermik H, et al. Identification of a morphometrical parameter that predicts the response to splenectomy in patients with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2006;210:49-55 pubmed..In conclusion, this study has shown that the MMaFD is a significant predictor of the response to splenectomy. ..
- Bayraktar M, Aktas E, Ersoy Y, Cicek A, Durmaz R. Postoperative Chryseobacterium indologenes bloodstream infection caused by contamination of distillate water. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2007;28:368-9 pubmed..The infant was infected by this water as a result of medical assistance received during hospitalization...
- Karadag F, Ozcan H, Karul A, Yilmaz M, Cildag O. Correlates of non-thyroidal illness syndrome in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Respir Med. 2007;101:1439-46 pubmed
- Pestemalci T, Mavi A, Yildiz Y, Yildirim M, Gumusburun E. Bilateral triple renal arteries. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2009;20:468-70 pubmed..On the left side, both additional renal arteries originated from the abdominal aorta. Our observation has been compared with variations described in the literature and their clinical importance has been emphasized. ..
- Senol A, Saritas U, Demirkan H. Efficacy of intramuscular diclofenac and fluid replacement in prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:3999-4004 pubmed..047). Intramuscular diclofenac and fluid replacement lowered the rate of pancreatitis in patients without SOD. ..
- Harlak A, Mentes O, Kilic S, Coskun K, Duman K, Yilmaz F. Sacrococcygeal pilonidal disease: analysis of previously proposed risk factors. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2010;65:125-31 pubmed publisher..People who engage in work that requires sitting in a seat for long periods of time should choose more comfortable seats and should also try to stand whenever possible. ..
- Koroglu B, Ersoy I, Koroglu M, Balkarli A, Ersoy S, Varol S, et al. Serum parathyroid hormone levels in chronic endemic fluorosis. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2011;143:79-86 pubmed publisher..37, respectively; P = 0.01). The results of our study demonstrate that serum PTH levels are increased in patients with endemic fluorosis. Fluoride, by interfering calcium balance, may be the cause of secondary hyperparathyroidism...
- Isen K. Technique using a percutaneous nephroscope and nephroscopic scissors transurethrally for treatment of complicated orthotopic ureterocele in adult women. Urology. 2012;79:713-6 pubmed publisher..To present an endoscopic technique for the decompression of complicated orthotopic ureterocele in adult women...
- Eda K, Uzer K, Murat T, Cenk U. The effects of enteral glutamine on radiotherapy induced dermatitis in breast cancer. Clin Nutr. 2016;35:436-439 pubmed publisher..This difference between the groups was statistically significant. (pÂ <Â 0.001) CONCLUSION: Enteral glutamine minimizes radiation induced dermatitis. ..
- Kose O, Kilicaslan O, Ozyurek S, Ince A. Calcaneal Insufficiency Fracture Secondary to Celiac Disease-Induced Osteomalacia: A Rare Cause of Heel Pain. Foot Ankle Spec. 2016;9:179-83 pubmed publisher..Calcaneal insufficiency fractures should be kept in mind in a patient with celiac disease that presents with heel pain. Therapeutic, Level IV: Case study. ..
- Ã‡elik D. Turkish version of the modified Constant-Murley score and standardized test protocol: reliability and validity. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2016;50:69-75 pubmed publisher..The Turkish version of the modified CMS has sufficient reliability and validity to measure a variety of shoulder disorders for Turkish-speaking individuals. ..
- Yazar H, Yarbağ A, Balci M, Teker B, Tanyeri P. The effects of povidone iodine (pH 4.2) on patients with adenoviral conjunctivitis. J Pak Med Assoc. 2016;66:968-70 pubmed..A new treatment protocol of povidone-iodine was used safely in patients with adenoviral conjunctivitis. Familial transmission was found very important to adenoviral conjunctivitis infection. ..
- Kayacan S, Turkmen A, Alis H, Imer M, Barlas O, Ecder S, et al. Successful therapy combined with surgery for severe post-transplant nocardiosis. J Nephrol. 2001;14:304-6 pubmed..Co-trimoxazole was continued for six months then withdrawn. Graft dysfunction was not observed. Early medical and surgical interventions may be life-saving in this potentially lethal disease. ..
- Sendag F, Cosan Terek M, Ozsener S, Oztekin K, Bilgin O, Bilgen I, et al. Mammographic density changes during different postmenopausal hormone replacement therapies. Fertil Steril. 2001;76:445-50 pubmed..The continuous administration of the progestin component of the combined-hormone replacement therapy seems to effect the breast density most. ..
- Ozcan C, Gorur K, Duce M. Massive bilateral inferior concha bullosa. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2002;111:100-1 pubmed
- Zilelioglu G, Tekeli O, Uğurba S, Akiner M, Aktürk T, Anadolu Y. Results of endoscopic endonasal non-laser dacryocystorhinostomy. Doc Ophthalmol. 2002;105:57-62 pubmed..EN-DCR, when compared with external dacryocystorhinostomy (EX-DCR), has lower success rate, but provides the potential advantages of better intraoperative hemostasis, and lack of cutaneous scar...
- Koksal C, Bozkurt A. Combination of hydrocolloid dressing and medical compression stockings versus Unna's boot for the treatment of venous leg ulcers. Swiss Med Wkly. 2003;133:364-8 pubmed..59 +/- 34.73 min, compared to 134.54 +/- 43.39 min in group B (p >0.05). These results demonstrate the superiority of hydrocolloid dressing plus elastic compression treatment in terms of patient convenience. ..
- Yilmaz E, Karakurt L, Serin E, Güzel H. [Peroneal nerve palsy due to rare reasons: a report of three cases]. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2004;38:75-8 pubmed..Incomplete recovery was obtained in the other patient with diabetic polyneuropathy. ..
- Mert A, Tabak F, Ozaras R, Ozturk R, Aki H, Aktuglu Y. Typhoid fever as a rare cause of hepatic, splenic, and bone marrow granulomas. Intern Med. 2004;43:436-9 pubmed..Case 2 (a 66-year-old male) developed granulomas in the bone marrow in addition to HG. It should be considered that typhoid fever may lead to granulomas in several organs. ..
- Emir S, Ugur H, Kologlu M, Erekul S, Unal E, Tacyildiz N, et al. Concurrent cystic mediastinal lymphangioma and paratesticular rhabdomyosarcoma. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2004;43:156-8 pubmed..Both rhabdomyosarcoma and lymphangioma originate from mesenchymal cells. This association may be coincidental or may point to a common genetic and/or developmental disorder of the mesencymal tissue. ..
- Harma M, Harma M, Kocyigit A, Erel O. Increased DNA damage in patients with complete hydatidiform mole. Mutat Res. 2005;583:49-54 pubmed..However, the nature of this link, and whether it is direct or indirect, remains to be explored. ..
- Ozkoc G, Akpinar S, Ozalay M, Hersekli M, Pourbagher A, Kayaselcuk F, et al. Hallucal sesamoid osteonecrosis: an overlooked cause of forefoot pain. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2005;95:277-80 pubmed..Although it has not been frequently addressed in the literature, avascular necrosis of the sesamoid bones should be considered in the differential diagnosis of persistent forefoot pain. ..
- Cetinkaya Z, Yazar S, Gecici O, Namli M. Anti-Toxoplasma gondii antibodies in patients with schizophrenia--preliminary findings in a Turkish sample. Schizophr Bull. 2007;33:789-91 pubmed..01). Thus, there might be a causal relationship between toxoplasmosis and the etiology of schizophrenia. ..
- Avsar A. Dental findings in a child with glycogen storage disease type IA. Quintessence Int. 2007;38:e36-40 pubmed..Lateral and posteroanterior cephalometric films showed that dimensions of the craniofacial complex were strongly reduced. Evaluation of the patient's dental age was approximately 6 years...
- Sendur N, Karaman G, Saniç N, Savk E. Topical pimecrolimus: a new horizon for vitiligo treatment?. J Dermatolog Treat. 2006;17:338-42 pubmed..95), onset age (r = -0.17, p = 0.48), and age of the patients (r = -0.16, p = 0.53) were not significant. Pimecrolimus has a mild therapeutic effect on vitiligo without significant side effects and can be an alternative therapy agent. ..
- Dolay K, Alis H, Soylu A, Altaca G, Aygun E. Migrated endoclip and stone formation after cholecystectomy: a new danger of acute pancreatitis. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:6446-8 pubmed..The patient underwent early endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) with endoscopic sphincterotomy and stone extraction. ..
- Yildiz S, Bulut M. Aggravated lymphoid hyperplasia mimicking barium-induced appendicitis. Emerg Radiol. 2008;15:345-7 pubmed..She was operated with presumptive diagnosis of barium_induced appendicitis and pathological examination was consistent with lymphoid hyperplasia. Lymphoid hyperplasia and barium_induced appendicitis were discussed in this report. ..
- Satar S, Sebe A, Alpay N, Gumusay U, Guneysel O. Unintentional endosulfan poisoning. Bratisl Lek Listy. 2009;110:301-3 pubmed..It can cause also life threatening metabolic disturbances. Treatment is symptomatic and supportive (Tab. 2, Ref. 11). Full Text (Free, PDF) www.bmj.sk. ..
- Tekin K, Yilmaz S, Yalçin N, Coban S, Aydin C, Kabay B, et al. What would be left behind if subtotal thyroidectomy were preferred instead of total thyroidectomy?. Am J Surg. 2010;199:765-9 pubmed publisher..42% and 2.84%, respectively, for nodular and normal areas in the main specimens (P < .05). Remnant thyroid tissues, following STT, have a high percentage of micronodule formation with a remarkable cellular proliferative activity. ..
- Mungen B, Berilgen M, Arikanoğlu A. Autonomic nervous system functions in interictal and postictal periods of nonepileptic psychogenic seizures and its comparison with epileptic seizures. Seizure. 2010;19:269-73 pubmed publisher..This finding indicates that measurements of ANS functions may be helpful in differentiating between ES and NEPS. ..
- Cengiz M, Okutucu S, Ascioglu S, Sahin A, Aksoy H, Sinan Deveci O, et al. Permanent pacemaker and implantable cardioverter defibrillator infections: seven years of diagnostic and therapeutic experience of a single center. Clin Cardiol. 2010;33:406-11 pubmed publisher..PM/ICD infections occur in a significant number of patients. It is important to be aware of the risk factors for PM/ICD infections so that patients with an increased risk can be identified and preventive measures can be implemented. ..
- Senyilmaz D, Canay S, Heydecke G, Strub J. Influence of thermomechanical fatigue loading on the fracture resistance of all-ceramic posterior crowns. Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent. 2010;18:50-4 pubmed..005). All-ceramic systems showed fracture load values similar to those of porcelain-fused-to-metal molar crowns and therefore may be considered for use in clinical studies. ..
- Nas K, Yildirim K, Cevik R, Karatay S, Erdal A, Baysal O, et al. Discrimination ability of ASDAS estimating disease activity status in patients with ankylosing spondylitis. Int J Rheum Dis. 2010;13:240-5 pubmed publisher..Further longitudinal data may better estimate the usefulness of ASDAS to assess disease activity subgroups and treatment response. ..
- Unluer E, Bayata S, Postaci N, Yesil M, Yavaşi O, Kara P, et al. Limited bedside echocardiography by emergency physicians for diagnosis of diastolic heart failure. Emerg Med J. 2012;29:280-3 pubmed publisher..The accuracy of the emergency physicians' echocardiographic diagnosis was 87%. BECH performed by emergency physicians may serve as an objective, rapid, non-invasive tool in the assessment of patients presenting with dyspnoea in ED. ..
- Akbulut S, Arikanoglu Z, Yagmur Y, Basbug M. Gossypibomas mimicking a splenic hydatid cyst and ileal tumor : a case report and literature review. J Gastrointest Surg. 2011;15:2101-7 pubmed publisher..Three cases in which the gossypiboma was located in the spleen are also discussed. Gossypiboma should be considered as a differential diagnosis of any postoperative patient who presents with pain, infection, or a palpable mass. ..
- Sezgin I, Koksal B, Bagci G, Kurtulgan H, Ozdemir O. CCR2 polymorphism in chronic renal failure patients requiring long-term hemodialysis. Intern Med. 2011;50:2457-61 pubmed..The frequency of CCR2-V64I and other chemokine and chemokine receptor polymorphisms in renal pathologies must be further investigated in larger study populations and in different renal diseases. ..
- Sak M, Turgut A, Evsen M, Soydinc H, Ozler A, Sak S, et al. Relaparotomy after initial surgery in obstetric and gynecologic operations: analysis of 113 cases. Ginekol Pol. 2012;83:429-32 pubmed..Despite favourable outcome, preventive measures such as careful surgical technique, meticulous hemostasis and aseptic conditions should be undertaken. ..
- Kayan M, Sabuncuoglu M, Cetin M, Cetin R, Benzin M, Benzin S, et al. Omental torsion with left-sided inguinal hernia: a rare preoperative diagnosis. Clin Imaging. 2013;37:173-5 pubmed publisher..We present the characteristic computed tomography findings and clinical particulars in a 34-year-old male patient with longstanding left inguinal hernia associated with an extraordinary diagnosis. ..
- Gurkan F, Bosnak M, Dikici B, Bosnak V, Tas M, Haspolat K, et al. Neonatal tetanus: a continuing challenge in the southeast of Turkey: risk factors, clinical features and prognostic factors. Eur J Epidemiol. 1999;15:171-4 pubmed..Health education of mothers and birth attendants, promotion of hospital delivery and prenatal tetanus immunization of all pregnant women particularly in rural areas are recommended, if NT is to be prevented. ..
- Soysal O, Kutlu R, Sarac K, Aydin A, Ozen S. Teratoma presenting as a cystic lesion on the chest wall. Scand Cardiovasc J. 2000;34:543-4 pubmed..The cystic mass was totally excised via a chest-wall incision without thoracotomy. Pathologic examination showed a benign teratoma containing an immature tooth...
- Ozbek S, Pourbagher M, Pourbagher A. Urachal remnants in asymptomatic children: gray-scale and color Doppler sonographic findings. J Clin Ultrasound. 2001;29:218-22 pubmed..We undertook this study to evaluate the frequency of visualization and the sonographic appearances of urachal remnants (URs) in asymptomatic children...
- Taskin M, Zengin K, Unal E. Intraluminal duodenal obstruction by a gastric band following erosion. Obes Surg. 2001;11:90-2 pubmed..At 6 months following discharge, her nausea and vomiting have not recurred. Following gastric banding, band erosion through the gastric wall and internalization into the lumen can cause small bowel obstruction. ..
- Ulukanligil M, Seyrek A, Aslan G, Ozbilge H, Atay S. Environmental pollution with soil-transmitted helminths in Sanliurfa, Turkey. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2001;96:903-9 pubmed..Improving environmental sanitation is imperative for the control of soil-transmitted helminthiasis in Sanliurfa...
- Güngür K, Bekir N, Namiduru M. Ocular complications associated with brucellosis in an endemic area. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2002;12:232-7 pubmed..Ocular manifestations are frequent in brucellosis so an ophthalmologic examination should be routinely performed in patients with brucellosis in endemic areas. ..
- Ozdal P, Ortaç S, Taskintuna I, Teke M, Firat E. Central retinal artery occlusion associated with ocular Behçet's disease. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2002;12:328-30 pubmed..To report a case of central retinal artery occlusion associated with ocular Behçet's disease (BD) and briefly discuss retinal vasculitis due to BD...
- Deda G, Icagasioglu D, Caksen H, Akar N. Combined genetic defects in a child with ischemic stroke: case report. J Child Neurol. 2002;17:533-4 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first patient with these combinations of genetic defects and ischemic stroke to be reported in the literature. ..
- Sozay S, Bayramoglu M, Karatas M, Ozker R. Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis in a patient with idiopathic retroperitoneal fibrosis: a case report. Rheumatol Int. 2002;22:249-52 pubmed..There is proliferation of connective tissue in both of these diseases, and they may share a common etiopathogenetic basis. We describe a patient having features of both IRF and DISH...
- Aytac B, Cakar S. The outcome of gallbladder perforation during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Acta Chir Belg. 2003;103:388-91 pubmed..If perforation occurs, extensive prompt retrieval of the bile and stone spillage must be done along with abundant irrigation. In case of inadequate aspiration and irrigation, the patients must be closely followed. ..
- Avci R, Kaderli B, Avci B, Simsek S, Baykara M, Kahveci Z, et al. Pars plana vitrectomy and removal of the internal limiting membrane in the treatment of chronic macular oedema. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2004;242:845-52 pubmed..This however, is not always associated with VA improvement. In diabetic eyes, cystoid type of macular oedema appears to be a poor prognostic factor for improved VA. ..
- Antmen B, Sasmaz I, Birbicer H, Ozbek H, Burgut R, Isik G, et al. Safe and effective sedation and analgesia for bone marrow aspiration procedures in children with alfentanil, remifentanil and combinations with midazolam. Paediatr Anaesth. 2005;15:214-9 pubmed
- Oge A, Bayraktar F, Saygili F, Guney E, Demir S. TSH influences serum leptin levels independent of thyroid hormones in hypothyroid and hyperthyroid patients. Endocr J. 2005;52:213-7 pubmed..Serum leptin levels are affected in thyroid disorders and the correlation of leptin with TSH is independent of thyroid hormones. ..
- Iltumur K, Olmez G, Ariturk Z, Taskesen T, Toprak N. Clinical investigation: thyroid function test abnormalities in cardiac arrest associated with acute coronary syndrome. Crit Care. 2005;9:R416-24 pubmed..In the present study we examined thyroid function tests (TFTs) in the acute phase of cardiac arrest caused by acute coronary syndrome (ACS) and at the end of the first 2 months after the event...
- Karnak D, Beder S, Kayacan O, Ibis E, Oflaz G. Neuron-specific enolase and lung cancer. Am J Clin Oncol. 2005;28:586-90 pubmed..However, NSE has no role in the exact diagnosis of lung cancer; it can only be investigated in a scientific setting. ..
- Oktay M, Dasdag S. Effects of intensive and moderate cellular phone use on hearing function. Electromagn Biol Med. 2006;25:13-21 pubmed..This study shows that a higher degree of hearing loss is associated with long-term exposure to electromagnetic (EM) field generated by cellular phones...
- Evcik D, Kavuncu V, Yeter A, Yigit I. The efficacy of balneotherapy and mud-pack therapy in patients with knee osteoarthritis. Joint Bone Spine. 2007;74:60-5 pubmed..05) but not in group III. Also physician's global assessment was found to be improved in all groups (p<0.05). Balneotherapy and mud-pack therapy were effective in treating patients with knee OA. ..