Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Switzerland
Publications1882 found, 100 shown here
- Toso C, Erne M, Lenzlinger P, Schmid J, Büchel H, Melcher G, et al. Intussusception as a cause of bowel obstruction in adults. Swiss Med Wkly. 2005;135:87-90 pubmed..Due to its unspecific presentation, intussusception is often diagnosed with delay in adults...
- Guth U, Huang D, Huber M, Schotzau A, Wruk D, Holzgreve W, et al. Tumor size and detection in breast cancer: Self-examination and clinical breast examination are at their limit. Cancer Detect Prev. 2008;32:224-8 pubmed publisher..Improved detection of smaller tumors may presumably be reached only by an increased use of radiological procedures. ..
- Johannsdottir H, Mancini R, Kartenbeck J, Amato L, Helenius A. Host cell factors and functions involved in vesicular stomatitis virus entry. J Virol. 2009;83:440-53 pubmed publisher..Dynamin-2 was recruited to plasma membrane-confined virus particles. Thus, VSV can induce productive internalization by exploiting a specific combination of the clathrin-associated proteins and cellular functions. ..
- Heininger U, Kruker A, Bonhoeffer J, Schaad U. Human metapneumovirus infections--biannual epidemics and clinical findings in children in the region of Basel, Switzerland. Eur J Pediatr. 2009;168:1455-60 pubmed publisher..RSV epidemics usually follow a reciprocal biannual pattern, leading to annually alternating major RSV and hMPV epidemics. ..
- Nangue C, Bron L, Portmann L, Volante M, Ris H, Monnier P, et al. Mixed medullary-papillary carcinoma of the thyroid: report of a case and review of the literature. Head Neck. 2009;31:968-74 pubmed publisher..Mixed medullary-follicular thyroid carcinoma denotes a rare and heterogeneous group of tumors displaying morphological and immunophenotypical features of both origins within the same lesion...
- Python F, Goebel C, Aeby P. Comparative DNA microarray analysis of human monocyte derived dendritic cells and MUTZ-3 cells exposed to the moderate skin sensitizer cinnamaldehyde. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2009;239:273-83 pubmed publisher..Due to their role in DC activation, these new genes may help to further refine the in vitro approaches for the screening of the sensitizing properties of a chemical. ..
- Marazzi J, Kleyer J, Paredes J, Gertsch J. Endocannabinoid content in fetal bovine sera - unexpected effects on mononuclear cells and osteoclastogenesis. J Immunol Methods. 2011;373:219-28 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the EC content in culture media should be controlled in biological experiments involving monocytes/macrophages. ..
- Sjölund B, Stucki G, Michail X. Debates in Rehabilitation Medicine: A Collaborative Initiative of the European Academy of Rehabilitation Medicine and the Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine & Dear readers and authors of the Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. J Rehabil Med. 2016;48:485-0 pubmed publisher..No abstract is available. ..
- Krahenbuhl O, Rey C, Jenne D, Lanzavecchia A, Groscurth P, Carrel S, et al. Characterization of granzymes A and B isolated from granules of cloned human cytotoxic T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 1988;141:3471-7 pubmed..Furthermore, a granule-associated hemolytic activity was detected after salt extraction and partial purification of granule proteins. This suggests that hemolytically active human perforin can be obtained from inactive granules. ..
- Pelczar P, Filipowicz W. The host gene for intronic U17 small nucleolar RNAs in mammals has no protein-coding potential and is a member of the 5'-terminal oligopyrimidine gene family. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:4509-18 pubmed..Similar characteristics of the transcription start site regions in snoRNA host and ribosomal protein genes raise the possibility that expression of components of ribosome biogenesis and translational machineries is coregulated...
- Capone M, Romagnoli P, Beermann F, MacDonald H, van Meerwijk J. Dissociation of thymic positive and negative selection in transgenic mice expressing major histocompatibility complex class I molecules exclusively on thymic cortical epithelial cells. Blood. 2001;97:1336-42 pubmed..Thus, compartmentalization of the antigen-presenting cells involved in thymic positive selection and tolerance induction can (at least in part) explain the positive/negative selection paradox. ..
- Esposito I, Friess H, Buchler M. Carcinogenesis of cancer of the papilla and ampulla: pathophysiological facts and molecular biological mechanisms. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2001;386:163-71 pubmed..Ampullary cancer has one of the highest resectability rates and best prognoses among neoplasms arising in the periampullary region...
- Verrey F, Loffing J, Zecevic M, Heitzmann D, Staub O. SGK1: aldosterone-induced relay of Na+ transport regulation in distal kidney nephron cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2003;13:21-8 pubmed
- Dori D, Thoelen A, Akalp F, Bernasconi P, Messmer E. Anatomic and functional results of vitrectomy and long-term intraocular tamponade for stage 2 macular holes. Retina. 2003;23:57-63 pubmed..This approach simplifies the surgical technique, and both adjuvant-related complications and potential retinal damage related to internal limiting membrane peeling or use of indocyanine green are avoided. ..
- Wagner S, Hofstetter W, Chiquet M, Mainil Varlet P, Stauffer E, Ganz R, et al. Early osteoarthritic changes of human femoral head cartilage subsequent to femoro-acetabular impingement. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2003;11:508-18 pubmed..The tissue alterations are distinctly different when compared with a control group, which substantiates an impingement conflict as an early mechanism for degeneration at the hip joint periphery. ..
- Gadola S, Koch M, Marles Wright J, Lissin N, Shepherd D, Matulis G, et al. Structure and binding kinetics of three different human CD1d-alpha-galactosylceramide-specific T cell receptors. J Exp Med. 2006;203:699-710 pubmed..This docking provides an explanation for the dominant usage of Vbeta11 and Vbeta8.2 chains by human and mouse iNKT cells, respectively, for recognition of CD1d-alpha-GalCer. ..
- Bersinger N, von Roten S, Wunder D, Raio L, Dreher E, Mueller M. PAPP-A and osteoprotegerin, together with interleukin-8 and RANTES, are elevated in the peritoneal fluid of women with endometriosis. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006;195:103-8 pubmed
- Moradpour D, Penin F, Rice C. Replication of hepatitis C virus. Nat Rev Microbiol. 2007;5:453-63 pubmed..These efforts have already translated into the identification of novel antiviral targets and the development of new therapeutic strategies, some of which are currently undergoing clinical evaluation. ..
- Baumann C, Lentzsch F, Regard M, Bassetti C. The hallucinating art of Heinrich Füssli. Front Neurol Neurosci. 2007;22:223-35 pubmed..Therefore, the following chapter aims to reflect the painting against the background of Füssli's biography, neuropsychological interpretations, and of pathophysiological and neurobiological considerations on sleep paralysis...
- Wiegand A, Köwing L, Attin T. Impact of brushing force on abrasion of acid-softened and sound enamel. Arch Oral Biol. 2007;52:1043-7 pubmed..Brushing load influences abrasion of briefly eroded enamel, but might be of minor importance for abrasion of sound enamel surfaces. ..
- Hobbie S, Kalapala S, Akshay S, Bruell C, Schmidt S, Dabow S, et al. Engineering the rRNA decoding site of eukaryotic cytosolic ribosomes in bacteria. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:6086-93 pubmed..The activities of the hybrid ribosomes indicate that helix 44 of the rRNA decoding site behaves as an autonomous domain, which can be exchanged between ribosomes of different phylogenetic domains for study of function. ..
- Immer F, Moser B, Krähenbühl E, Englberger L, Stalder M, Eckstein F, et al. Arterial access through the right subclavian artery in surgery of the aortic arch improves neurologic outcome and mid-term quality of life. Ann Thorac Surg. 2008;85:1614-8; discussion 1618 pubmed publisher..Irreversible perioperative neurologic complications can be significantly reduced and duration of deep hypothermic circulatory arrest can be extended up to 50 minutes without impairment in quality of life. ..
- Ouaked N, Mantel P, Bassin C, Burgler S, Siegmund K, Akdis C, et al. Regulation of the foxp3 gene by the Th1 cytokines: the role of IL-27-induced STAT1. J Immunol. 2009;182:1041-9 pubmed..Our data demonstrate a molecular mechanism regulating FOXP3 expression, which is of considerable interest for the development of new drug targets aiming to support anti-inflammatory mechanisms of the immune system. ..
- Segerer S, Johnson Z, Rek A, Baltus T, von Hundelshausen P, Kungl A, et al. The basic residue cluster (55)KKWVR(59) in CCL5 is required for in vivo biologic function. Mol Immunol. 2009;46:2533-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that functional CCL5 presentation is mediated through both the 40s as well as the 50s loop with differential functions of the two loops of clusters of basic residues. ..
- Rezzonico F, Smits T, Montesinos E, Frey J, Duffy B. Genotypic comparison of Pantoea agglomerans plant and clinical strains. BMC Microbiol. 2009;9:204 pubmed publisher..agglomerans clinical reports should be considered in biosafety assessment of beneficial strains in this species. ..
- Walter M, Wiesbeck G, Degen B, Albrich J, Oppel M, Schulz A, et al. Heroin reduces startle and cortisol response in opioid-maintained heroin-dependent patients. Addict Biol. 2011;16:145-51 pubmed publisher..Acute DAM administration may suppress cortisol levels, and DAM maintenance treatment may represent an effective alternative to methadone in stress-sensitive, heroin-dependent patients. ..
- Angst F, Françoise G, Verra M, Lehmann S, Jenni W, Aeschlimann A. Interdisciplinary rehabilitation after whiplash injury: an observational prospective outcome study. J Rehabil Med. 2010;42:350-6 pubmed publisher..Further controlled studies are required to quantify and attribute these improvements more precisely. ..
- Eloranta J, Wenger C, Mwinyi J, Hiller C, Gubler C, Vavricka S, et al. Association of a common vitamin D-binding protein polymorphism with inflammatory bowel disease. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2011;21:559-64 pubmed publisher..390). Our study adds DBP to the list of potential genes that contribute to the complex genetic etiology of IBD, and further emphasizes the association between vitamin D homeostasis and intestinal inflammation. ..
- Soyka M, Treis A, Eiwegger T, Menz G, Zhang S, Holzmann D, et al. Regulation and expression of IL-32 in chronic rhinosinusitis. Allergy. 2012;67:790-8 pubmed publisher..The induction of IL-32 by TNF-?, IFN-? and Th1 cells as well as its increased expression in sinus tissues from CRS patients with nasal polyps demonstrated a potential role for IL-32 in the pathogenesis of CRS. ..
- Sarabipour S, Ballmer Hofer K, Hristova K. VEGFR-2 conformational switch in response to ligand binding. elife. 2016;5:e13876 pubmed publisher..We further show that the pathogenic C482R VEGFR-2 mutant, linked to infantile hemangioma, promotes ligand-independent signaling by mimicking the structure of the ligand-bound wild-type VEGFR-2 dimer. ..
- Antonsson B. Purification and characterization of phosphatidylinositol synthase from human placenta. Biochem J. 1994;297 ( Pt 3):517-22 pubmed..The enzyme was inhibited by nucleoside di- and tri-phosphates, Pi and PPi. CDP competitively inhibited the enzyme reaction with a Kis of 4 mM. The optimal temperature for the PtdIns synthase reaction was 50 degrees C. ..
- Dulguerov P, Marchal F, Lehmann W. Postparotidectomy facial nerve paralysis: possible etiologic factors and results with routine facial nerve monitoring. Laryngoscope. 1999;109:754-62 pubmed..Although the lack of a control group precludes definitive conclusions on the role of electromyograph-based facial nerve monitoring in routine parotidectomy, the authors found its use very helpful. ..
- Bartoloni L, Wattenhofer M, Kudoh J, Berry A, Shibuya K, Kawasaki K, et al. Cloning and characterization of a putative human glycerol 3-phosphate permease gene (SLC37A1 or G3PP) on 21q22.3: mutation analysis in two candidate phenotypes, DFNB10 and a glycerol kinase deficiency. Genomics. 2000;70:190-200 pubmed..SLC37A1 maps in the refined critical region of the autosomal recessive deafness locus, DFNB10, on 21q22.3. Mutation analyses also excluded SLC37A1 as the gene for DFNB10. ..
- Nair Pn P, Schug J. Observations on healing of human tooth extraction sockets implanted with bioabsorbable polylactic-polyglycolic acids (PLGA) copolymer root replicas: a clinical, radiographic, and histologic follow-up report of 8 cases. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2004;97:559-69 pubmed
- Fritzius T, Burkard G, Haas E, Heinrich J, Schweneker M, Bosse M, et al. A WD-FYVE protein binds to the kinases Akt and PKCzeta/lambda. Biochem J. 2006;399:9-20 pubmed..In summary, we describe a new binding partner for kinases, located on vesicular structures in specialized cells, which may play a role for the spatial organization of signalling cascades. ..
- Peytremann Bridevaux I, Scherer F, Peer L, Cathieni F, Bonsack C, Cleopas A, et al. Satisfaction of patients hospitalised in psychiatric hospitals: a randomised comparison of two psychiatric-specific and one generic satisfaction questionnaires. BMC Health Serv Res. 2006;6:108 pubmed..However, if comparison across medical services or hospitals is desired, using a generic questionnaire might be advantageous. ..
- Henle P, Kloen P, Siebenrock K. Femoral head injuries: Which treatment strategy can be recommended?. Injury. 2007;38:478-88 pubmed
- Benardeau A, Benz J, Binggeli A, Blum D, Boehringer M, Grether U, et al. Aleglitazar, a new, potent, and balanced dual PPARalpha/gamma agonist for the treatment of type II diabetes. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2009;19:2468-73 pubmed publisher..One representative thereof, Aleglitazar ((S)-2Aa), was chosen for clinical development. Its X-ray structure in complex with both receptors as well as its high efficacy in animal models of T2D and dyslipidemia are also presented. ..
- Petkovic V, Godi M, Lochmatter D, Eblé A, Flück C, Robinson I, et al. Growth hormone (GH)-releasing hormone increases the expression of the dominant-negative GH isoform in cases of isolated GH deficiency due to GH splice-site mutations. Endocrinology. 2010;151:2650-8 pubmed publisher..5-kDa GH from the severest mutant alleles, thereby accelerating autodestruction of somatotrophs in a vicious cycle. ..
- Schmidt F, Bleck C, Helenius A, Mercer J. Vaccinia extracellular virions enter cells by macropinocytosis and acid-activated membrane rupture. EMBO J. 2011;30:3647-61 pubmed publisher..Once exposed, the underlying MV-like particle presumably fused its single membrane with the limiting vacuolar membrane. Release of the viral core into the host cell cytosol allowed for productive infection. ..
- Speiser D, Wieckowski S, Gupta B, Iancu E, Baumgaertner P, Baitsch L, et al. Single cell analysis reveals similar functional competence of dominant and nondominant CD8 T-cell clonotypes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:15318-23 pubmed publisher..In parallel, this was also found for EBV- and CMV-specific T cells. Thus, the nondominant clonotypes may contribute similarly to immunity as their dominant counterparts...
- Schaefer J, Plückthun A. Transfer of engineered biophysical properties between different antibody formats and expression systems. Protein Eng Des Sel. 2012;25:485-506 pubmed..These results confirm the potential of structure-based protein engineering in the context of full-length IgGs and the transferability of stability improvements discovered with smaller antibody fragments. ..
- Kuhle J, Hardmeier M, Disanto G, Gugleta K, Ecsedi M, Lienert C, et al. A 10-year follow-up of the European multicenter trial of interferon Î²-1b in secondary-progressive multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler. 2016;22:533-43 pubmed publisher..The progressive stage of the disease remains largely unpredictable by clinical and conventional MRI measures, so better prognostic markers are needed. ..
- Landolt K, RÃ¶ssler W, Ajdacic Gross V, Derks E, Libiger J, Kahn R, et al. Predictors of discontinuation of antipsychotic medication and subsequent outcomes in the European First Episode Schizophrenia Trial (EUFEST). Schizophr Res. 2016;172:145-51 pubmed publisher..As this study had several limitations, for example the observational design regarding discontinuation, further studies are needed to identify predictors of successful discontinuation. ..
- Modica S, Wolfrum C. The dual role of BMP4 in adipogenesis and metabolism. Adipocyte. 2017;6:141-146 pubmed publisher..Besides this, Bmp4 seems to have a dual role in metabolism either promoting or repressing oxidative metabolism in a cell context dependent manner. ..
- Aebi M, Fah J, Hurt N, Samuel C, Thomis D, Bazzigher L, et al. cDNA structures and regulation of two interferon-induced human Mx proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1989;9:5062-72 pubmed..In contrast to mouse Mx1 protein, which accumulates in the nuclei of IFN-treated mouse cells, the two human Mx proteins both accumulate in the cytoplasm of IFN-treated cells. ..
- Becker K, Schneider P, Hofmann K, Mattmann C, Tschopp J. Interaction of Fas(Apo-1/CD95) with proteins implicated in the ubiquitination pathway. FEBS Lett. 1997;412:102-6 pubmed..1996) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 92, 11894-11898), was found to contain sequences similar to ubiquitin. These results suggest that proteins related to the ubiquitination pathway may modulate the Fas signaling pathway. ..
- Olayioye M, Graus Porta D, Beerli R, Rohrer J, Gay B, Hynes N. ErbB-1 and ErbB-2 acquire distinct signaling properties dependent upon their dimerization partner. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:5042-51 pubmed..Differential receptor phosphorylation may, therefore, be the basis for the differences in the signaling properties observed. ..
- Wyss S, Berlioz Torrent C, Boge M, Blot G, Honing S, Benarous R, et al. The highly conserved C-terminal dileucine motif in the cytosolic domain of the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 envelope glycoprotein is critical for its association with the AP-1 clathrin adaptor [correction of adapter]. J Virol. 2001;75:2982-92 pubmed..Finally, the C-terminal dileucine was shown to assist the membrane-proximal Y712 motif in restricting the cell surface expression of Env. ..
- Schweizer R, Z rcher M, Balazs Z, Dick B, Odermatt A. Rapid hepatic metabolism of 7-ketocholesterol by 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1: species-specific differences between the rat, human, and hamster enzyme. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:18415-24 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that 11beta-HSD1 efficiently catalyzes the first step in the rapid hepatic metabolism of dietary 7KC, which may explain why dietary 7KC has little or no effect on the development of atherosclerosis...
- Garweg J, Wanner D, Sarra G, Altwegg M, Loosli H, Kodjikian L, et al. The diagnostic yield of vitrectomy specimen analysis in chronic idiopathic endogenous uveitis. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2006;16:588-94 pubmed..In an attempt to evaluate the impact of recently acquired analytic methods, the authors assessed the current diagnostic yield in CIU...
- Buser A, Erne B, Werner H, Nave K, Schaeren Wiemers N. The septin cytoskeleton in myelinating glia. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;40:156-66 pubmed publisher..We suggest that septins are intriguing candidates for membrane compartmentalization in myelin internodes. ..
- Siegrist M, Cousin M. Expectations influence sensory experience in a wine tasting. Appetite. 2009;52:762-765 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that the information about the wine affected the experience itself and not only participants' overall assessment of the wine after the tasting. ..
- Escher G, Vögeli I, Escher R, Tuckey R, Erickson S, Krozowski Z, et al. Role of CYP27A1 in progesterone metabolism in vitro and in vivo. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2009;297:E949-55 pubmed publisher..001). Thus CYP27A1 modulates progesterone concentrations. The underlying mechanism is inhibition of 20alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase by 27-hydroxycholesterol. ..
- Stephan R, Ziegler D, Pfluger V, Vogel G, Lehner A. Rapid genus- and species-specific identification of Cronobacter spp. by matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry. J Clin Microbiol. 2010;48:2846-51 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that MALDI-TOF MS is a reliable and powerful tool for the rapid identification of Cronobacter strains to the genus and species level. ..
- Kohler R, Schmitz D, Cornils H, Hemmings B, Hergovich A. Differential NDR/LATS interactions with the human MOB family reveal a negative role for human MOB2 in the regulation of human NDR kinases. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:4507-20 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data indicate that hMOB2 is a negative regulator of human NDR kinases in biochemical and biological settings. ..
- Lenggenhager B, Halje P, Blanke O. Alpha band oscillations correlate with illusory self-location induced by virtual reality. Eur J Neurosci. 2011;33:1935-43 pubmed publisher..We argue that these alpha oscillations in sensorimotor cortex and mPFC reflect self-location as manipulated through multisensory conflict...
- Dutt S, Cassoly E, Dours Zimmermann M, Matasci M, Stoeckli E, Zimmermann D. Versican V0 and V1 direct the growth of peripheral axons in the developing chick hindlimb. J Neurosci. 2011;31:5262-70 pubmed publisher..Our experiments emphasize the inhibitory capacity of versicans V0 and V1 in axonal growth and evidence for their function as basic guidance cues during development of the peripheral nervous system...
- Huober J, Fasching P, Barsoum M, Petruzelka L, Wallwiener D, Thomssen C, et al. Higher efficacy of letrozole in combination with trastuzumab compared to letrozole monotherapy as first-line treatment in patients with HER2-positive, hormone-receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer - results of the eLEcTRA trial. Breast. 2012;21:27-33 pubmed publisher..01-8.84) and 77% in arm C (odds ratio 5.34, 95% CI 1.83-15.58). The eLEcTRA trial showed that the combination of letrozole and trastuzumab is a safe and effective treatment option for patients with HER2 positive and HR positive MBC. ..
- Seiberling M, Bologa M, Brookes R, Ochs M, Go K, Neveu D, et al. Safety and immunogenicity of a pneumococcal histidine triad protein D vaccine candidate in adults. Vaccine. 2012;30:7455-60 pubmed publisher..The frequency of solicited reactions was highest at the 100 ?g dose. Administration of a second injection significantly increased the levels of anti-PhtD antibodies (ClinicalTrials.gov registry no. NCT01444001). ..
- Sáez Calvo G, Sharma A, Balaguer F, Barasoain I, Rodríguez Salarichs J, Olieric N, et al. Triazolopyrimidines Are Microtubule-Stabilizing Agents that Bind the Vinca Inhibitor Site of Tubulin. Cell Chem Biol. 2017;24:737-750.e6 pubmed publisher..Additionally we observe that TPs studied here are not affected by p-glycoprotein overexpression, and suggest that TPs are promising ligands against multidrug-resistant cancer cells. ..
- Hofsteenge J, Blommers M, Hess D, Furmanek A, Miroshnichenko O. The four terminal components of the complement system are C-mannosylated on multiple tryptophan residues. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:32786-94 pubmed..Since this module has been found in a large number of other proteins, the results suggest further candidates for C-mannosylation. ..
- Boorsma M, Hoenke S, Marrero A, Fischer R, Bailey J, Renner W, et al. Bioprocess applications of a Sindbis virus-based temperature-inducible expression system. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2002;79:602-9 pubmed..These data suggest the applicability of the pCytTS-inducible expression system for the production of high-quality glycoproteins in different reactors. ..
- Daetwiler S, Guller U, Schob O, Adamina M. Early introduction of laparoscopic sigmoid colectomy during residency. Br J Surg. 2007;94:634-41 pubmed..001) and conversion rate (13.6 versus 2.1 per cent, P = 0.002) all decreased with increasing surgical experience (trainee versus trainer). It is safe and feasible to introduce laparoscopic sigmoid colectomy to a structured residency. ..
- Joeris A, Ondrus S, Planka L, Gal P, Slongo T. ChronOS inject in children with benign bone lesions--does it increase the healing rate?. Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2010;20:24-8 pubmed publisher..The following study presents our results after treatment of these bone cysts with chronOS Inject...
- Tozzi L, Akre C, Fleury Schubert A, Suris J. Gambling among youths in Switzerland and its association with other addictive behaviours. A population-based study. Swiss Med Wkly. 2013;143:w13768 pubmed publisher..Clinicians should screen their adolescent patients for gambling habits, especially if other addictive behaviours are present. Additionally, gambling should be included in prevention campaigns together with other addictive behaviours. ..
- Saillant S, Hudelson P, DominicÃ© Dao M, Junod Perron N. The primary care physician/psychiatrist joint consultation: A paradigm shift in caring for patients with mental health problems?. Patient Educ Couns. 2016;99:279-83 pubmed publisher..Integrated management of somatic and mental health problems can lead to a better understanding of the patient and improve the therapeutic relationship. ..
- Businaro E, Studer H, Pajic B, BÃ¼chler P. Gaussian process prediction of the stress-free configuration of pre-deformed soft tissues: Application to the human cornea. Med Eng Phys. 2016;38:339-45 pubmed publisher..Due to the high level of accuracy required in ophthalmology, this approach is likely to be appropriate for other applications requiring the definition of the relaxed shape of soft tissues. ..
- Hess D, Schaller J, Rickli E, Clemetson K. Identification of the disulphide bonds in human platelet glycocalicin. Eur J Biochem. 1991;199:389-93 pubmed..The position and linkage of these two disulphide bonds are now determined to be 209-248 and 211-264 and the relevance of this double-loop structure for glycoprotein Ib/IX function is discussed. ..
- Rose K, Savoy L, Thim L, Christensen M, Jørgensen K. Revised amino acid sequence of pancreatic spasmolytic polypeptide exhibits greater similarity with an inducible pS2 peptide found in a human breast cancer cell line. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1989;998:297-300 pubmed..The revised sequence exhibits greater similarity with pS2 peptide, a 60 residue polypeptide which is induced by oestrogen in the human breast cancer cell line MCF-7 and found in malignant but not in non-malignant breast tissue. ..
- Wuthrich B. Adverse reactions to food additives. Ann Allergy. 1993;71:379-84 pubmed
- Pusterla N, Huder J, Wolfensberger C, Litschi B, Parvis A, Lutz H. Granulocytic ehrlichiosis in two dogs in Switzerland. J Clin Microbiol. 1997;35:2307-9 pubmed..phagocytophila in three and two positions, respectively. Interestingly, the nucleotide sequence of the 16S rRNA was 100% homologous to that of a human granulocytic ehrlichia. ..
- Grüter P, Tabernero C, von Kobbe C, Schmitt C, Saavedra C, Bachi A, et al. TAP, the human homolog of Mex67p, mediates CTE-dependent RNA export from the nucleus. Mol Cell. 1998;1:649-59 pubmed..Thus, TAP, like its yeast homolog Mex67p, is a bona fide mRNA nuclear export mediator. TAP is the second cellular RNA binding protein shown to be directly involved in the export of its target RNA...
- Schafer B, Fritschy J, Murmann P, Troxler H, Durussel I, Heizmann C, et al. Brain S100A5 is a novel calcium-, zinc-, and copper ion-binding protein of the EF-hand superfamily. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:30623-30 pubmed..The two Cu(2+)-binding sites likely share ligands of the EF-hands. The potential role of S100A5 in copper homeostasis is discussed. ..
- Ziak M, Meier M, Etter K, Roth J. Two isoforms of trimming glucosidase II exist in mammalian tissues and cell lines but not in yeast and insect cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;280:363-7 pubmed..The ubiquitous occurrence of the two glucosidase II isoforms in mammalian tissues and cell lines might be indicative of a special function of each isoform. ..
- Micheau O, Thome M, Schneider P, Holler N, Tschopp J, Nicholson D, et al. The long form of FLIP is an activator of caspase-8 at the Fas death-inducing signaling complex. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:45162-71 pubmed
- Dautzenberg F, Wille S, Braun S, Hauger R. GRK3 regulation during CRF- and urocortin-induced CRF1 receptor desensitization. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;298:303-8 pubmed..Regulation of GRK expression associated with urocortin- and CRF-induced CRF(1) receptor desensitization appears to differ, despite a similar level of signaling via the cAMP-protein kinase A pathway. ..
- Baumann A, Caversaccio M. Hemostasis in endoscopic sinus surgery using a specific gelatin-thrombin based agent (FloSeal). Rhinology. 2003;41:244-9 pubmed..This specific hemostatic sealant was shown to be a safe and efficacious alternative method for hemostasis in endoscopic sinus surgery with high patient satisfaction and an easy and fast mode of application. ..
- Juni P, Nartey L, Reichenbach S, Sterchi R, Dieppe P, Egger M. Risk of cardiovascular events and rofecoxib: cumulative meta-analysis. Lancet. 2004;364:2021-9 pubmed..The reasons why manufacturer and drug licensing authorities did not continuously monitor and summarise the accumulating evidence need to be clarified. ..
- Lyrer P. Extracranial arterial dissection: anticoagulation is the treatment of choice: against. Stroke. 2005;36:2042-3 pubmed
- Jung D, Mangelsdorf D, Meyer U. Pregnane X receptor is a target of farnesoid X receptor. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:19081-91 pubmed..The combination of the two mechanisms leads to an efficient protection of the liver against bile acid induced toxicity. ..
- Buttfield A, Ferrez P, Millan J. Towards a robust BCI: error potentials and online learning. IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng. 2006;14:164-8 pubmed..We also discuss the future direction of this research, including the combination of these two currently separate issues to create a potentially very powerful BCI. ..
- Vees H, Allal A. Carbogen breathing combined with radical radiotherapy in advanced head and neck cancer patients with severe co-morbidities. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2006;18:493-6 pubmed..To assess the feasibility of carbogen breathing combined with radical radiotherapy in patients with advanced head and neck cancer who are unfit to receive concomitant chemotherapy...